Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #5251
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I can't imagine using a computer mouse with less than 17 buttons on it. Mine has 17 buttons and I can't picture what it was like before I owned it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #5252
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Nice ~20 mile bike ride this morning from the Detroit River up to the city limits at Woodward Avenue & back down. Sore & tired. Feels good though!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #5253
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

hxxp://www.stripes.com/army-vet-with-ptsd-sought-the-treatment-he-needed-by-taking-hostages-but-got-jail-instead-1.152525

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 08-21-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #5254
gstelmack
Pro Starter

5,000 kids a year hurt in falls from windows – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

I need to check who funded this study. I mean, I get reminding parents about windows with babies, but come on Captain Obvious, and any teenager who does not know the dangers of falling, I mean, just, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Parents of children older than 5:
-Educate children and teens of the risk of climbing out of a window or jumping from it

The authors also note that the landing surface made a difference. The patients who ended up on a cushioned surface often fared better than those who ended up on a hard surface.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #5255
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

I need to check who funded this study. I mean, I get reminding parents about windows with babies, but come on Captain Obvious, and any teenager who does not know the dangers of falling, I mean, just, what?

One Texas State student dead, another injured after fall from dorm

Samuel Wanjiru dies in fall: Olympic marathon champion 'commits suicide' | Mail Online
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #5256
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just because they fell doesn't mean they didn't know it would hurt them. A lack of judgment does not mean a lack of education or knowledge.

And the one guy apparently committed suicide, so it would appear he knew exactly what he was doing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #5257
JediKooter
Coordinator

How do you pronounce raspberries? I usually say it without pronouncing the 'p'.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #5258
MJ4H
Coordinator

razzberries
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #5259
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
How do you pronounce raspberries? I usually say it without pronouncing the 'p'.

me too
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #5260
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So been suffering some severe pains after eating lately...doing research indicates Gall Bladder, which I could see...but the diet for it sucks.

Going to call the dr tomorrow and get it checked out....do not like...I have a love hate relationship with food...
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #5261
JediKooter
Coordinator

Razzberries it is then!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #5262
Telle
College Starter

Warning: lack of serotonin in the brain can lead to a sudden complete and utter breakdowns over the stupidest shit. Stupid anti-depressants.. miss one freaking pill and my brain breaks.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #5263
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Went on a job interview today, and was offered on the spot. Makes them seem desperate to me, and makes me reconsider. Other than the offer the company seemed real solid and the gig sounded fun...little confused here.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #5264
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

Could be worse, they could have said 5,000 kids a year hurt by gravity.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #5265
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I just spent 200 dollars on a keyboard and a mouse. Impulse for the win!

Know what I'd do with $200.

10 chicks.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #5266
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Know what I'd do with $200.

10 chicks.

at the same time?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #5267
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
at the same time?

Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. Chicks dig dudes with money.

Last edited by Mustang : 08-22-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #5268
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Went on a job interview today, and was offered on the spot. Makes them seem desperate to me, and makes me reconsider. Other than the offer the company seemed real solid and the gig sounded fun...little confused here.

Did you already burn through the money from the sale of the company? That must have been one hell of a bender!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #5269
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

One of the Navy Seals that was shot down. His dog lead the procession.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #5270
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

A retired Navy friend of mine posted this on FB earlier tonight, just about broke my heart.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #5271
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Did you already burn through the money from the sale of the company? That must have been one hell of a bender!

He blew half of the money and spent the rest on coke and hookers.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #5272
Radii
Head Coach

I should find out by the end of the week if the company I've done all my contract work for the last 3 years for is going under or not, and hopefully will find out if they can pay me for the ~200 hours they owe me for. WHEE. Its like reverse christmas!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #5273
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I had no clue that the lead singer for The Pretty Reckless (about as pop'ish as my musical taste gets) was the kid who played the President's daughter in Spy Kids 2.

Never mind that she was also on Gossip Girl, the kid movie role is something trivial enough that I feel like I should have known it.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #5274
molson
General Manager

Women got fired at work like two months ago .....and the nice (work owned) sofa is still sitting there in her vacant office (that will be remaining vacant indefinitely). I think I'm going to be the guy that just takes it and puts it in his office. I mean, we all gotta move on and live our lives, right?

Last edited by molson : 08-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #5275
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Women got fired at work like two months ago .....and the nice (work owned) sofa is still sitting there in her vacant office (that will be remaining vacant indefinitely). I think I'm going to be the guy that just takes it and puts it in his office. I mean, we all gotta move on and live our lives, right?

Shit don't last a day in our office. Person quits, loses their job or dies and their cube is ransacked for anything usable.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #5276
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Things seem to be getting testy. The YSU staff might go on strike by friday, the University wants to make sure that it achieves total and complete victory in negotiations. Some "fact finder" thing made a bunch of cuts in compensation that the staff was able to agree to, but it wasn't enough I guess.

Meanwhile a bunch of crazy facebook people are bitching about not getting their student loan checks because of the uncertainty of the start of the semester.

The whole situation is pretty funny, I wouldn't mind a small delay in the start of the fall semester if it has to happen.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #5277
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Dreams you don't realize that are dreams but almost all others would immediately are the best. I was dreaming, really had to pee so I went to the bathroom. I was headed back to bed and noticed my shirt was sticking to me. I looked in the mirror as I was walking out of the bathroom and saw my shirt was covered in blood in the back. I thought for a split second what the hell happened but then realized I was tired and able to walk so I went back to bed. Thought I'd figure it out when I got up. I have a don't sweat it attitude so the dream was pretty freaking realistic. The best part is when I actually woke up and figured out that it was a dream. That's when I figured out what happened. I was at a resort with my nephew. He talked for thirty minutes before going to sleep about all the people he assassinated on halo wars and went in to detail how he did it different ways.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #5278
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Depends on the industry, maybe? I'm told to be prepared for on-the-spot offers in the legal world.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 AM   #5279
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

No words.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #5280
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Not at all..kids ar back in school and I am bored..
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #5281
PilotMan
Head Coach

This was a in my reader this morning:
Attached Images
File Type: png Fair file.png (10.1 KB, 84 views)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #5282
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
This was a in my reader this morning:

Further proof FB buttons are woefully lacking in options. I get you can recommend articles on your page, but there should be others besides 'LIKE'.

Or, yeah, this person is a jerk.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #5283
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Working at financial firms sucks. Really really bad. If I need to write another security design or have to lead another presentation to a team of security guys in order to accomplish a 15 minute task I may murder someone.

If only I could vent in more detail, but security prohibits me from doing so.

Thank god for hotel bars.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #5284
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I should find out by the end of the week if the company I've done all my contract work for the last 3 years for is going under or not, and hopefully will find out if they can pay me for the ~200 hours they owe me for. WHEE. Its like reverse christmas!

Sounds like you have the rest of the week off to me.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #5285
Suicane75
Coordinator

Jeffs post got me thinking about the movie Sneakers and how it's such a damned underrated movie.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #5286
Blackadar
Retired

Went to my son's school open house yesterday and got his bus schedule.

The schedule has him on a bus for FOUR FUCKING HOURS per day.

We live in a development 3 1/2 miles from the school, the entrance to which is on the same road the school is on.

WTF?
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #5287
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

We live in a development 3 1/2 miles from the school, the entrance to which is on the same road the school is on.

WTF?

Gotta love the geniuses that run schools and programs like that. Must be former airline execs.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #5288
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Gotta love the geniuses that run schools and programs like that. Must be former airline execs.

I've already gone straight to the school superintendent. I'm asking for someone's head on a fucking pike.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #5289
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I've already gone straight to the school superintendent. I'm asking for someone's head on a fucking pike.

I would too. There's no way, no way any bus ride to school should last more than an hour unless you are way out in the sticks and that's the only school in a 30 mile radius.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #5290
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
I would too. There's no way, no way any bus ride to school should last more than an hour unless you are way out in the sticks and that's the only school in a 30 mile radius.

I really can't figure out how someone can design a bus route that takes two hours to go 2.98 miles.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #5291
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I really can't figure out how someone can design a bus route that takes two hours to go 2.98 miles.

Is it an Asian bus driver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #5292
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

Awww

Toe

Moe

Beel?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #5293
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

It's amazing how easy it is to overlook something obvious.

I'm looking for a job. I just went to update my resume, tailoring it for a specific position. What did I see? The "Objective" stated at the top of the resume was for a job I put in for nearly a year ago. I had updated the wrong resume & had been sending it out for jobs that that objective made little sense for.

DAMMIT!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #5294
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

WTF?

With our kids, I live approximately pissing distance away from the school. In the morning, it's about a 3-5 minute ride including lights. On the way home, they ride about an hour because the school does it backwards. I would at least see if they can invert the route for your kid, because that is absolutely insane that your child should be on the bus for more than 10 minutes both ways.

Last edited by stevew : 08-23-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #5295
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

Obviously not Short Round driving. He go fast Indy.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #5296
sabotai
General Manager

I just felt my house shake. Either I'm losing my mind or there was a small earthquake in Jersey.

EDIT: CNN says 5.8 in Virginia

Last edited by sabotai : 08-23-2011 at 12:57 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #5297
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I just felt my house shake. Either I'm losing my mind or there was a small earthquake in Jersey.

There was just a 5.8 in Virginia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #5298
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

People in my office near NYC felt it, but I didn't. I think you are all lying, everyone on the internet, to fuck with me.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #5299
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Friends I have that are in Manhattan right now felt it. Said it was crazy.

Maybe I moved to Detroit just in time!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #5300
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just laid down my money on the Star Wars blu ray saga. All six movies. I was kinda hoping that they'd be given to us, seeing how we only work there! At least I didn't have to pay full price.