Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #501
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

K Craig let me know.

Sun when is next "sim" date?

GML is a league that is you as a GM and a GM only
http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/register.php?do=addmember

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
http://www.bearsruletheworld.com/vnfl/
bighouserulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #502
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Tentatively set at Wednesday evening. Sorry I forgot to update the thread title.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #503
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Tonight is looking less and less likely, seeing as how the Wife prefers Sunday to be quality time. Does Monday evening not work for you?

We'll see about Monday night...it's my birthday and you married guys (especially when kiddies come along) know all about the ABCs of "wifely duties"...anniversaries, birthdays, and Christmas.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #504
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Hey guys, I'm going to have to bail this week - my tv requires a part that may take up to a week to receive. I am TV-less until as late as next Monday. You can autopilot me if need be.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #505
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
We'll see about Monday night...it's my birthday and you married guys (especially when kiddies come along) know all about the ABCs of "wifely duties"...anniversaries, birthdays, and Christmas.

I showed my wife that qoute. I said my birthday(21st) i want to be able to play my game if need be.

She said i was gay

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #506
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
I showed my wife that qoute. I said my birthday(21st) i want to be able to play my game if need be.

She said i was gay

LOL!!!

My wife is usually fast asleep by 9:30-10:00pm most nights so her "duties" would have to be done prior to that or else I'd be out of luck...lol.

Works for me, though, because that leaves the rest of the evening for plenty of NCAA shenanigans!!

Not a bad birthday at all if you ask me!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #507
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to have to bail this week - my tv requires a part that may take up to a week to receive. I am TV-less until as late as next Monday. You can autopilot me if need be.

Holy shit!! I don't know what would be worse...no TV or no internet?

Be strong!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #508
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ahahaha..."wifely duties"...that's great. Yes, I know exactly what you mean .

As it turns out, my mother-in-law is going to be staying with us tonight. Bad f'ing luck on my part, and probably good look on your part Johnny. Are you at all available during the day tomorrow? If not, what's the earliest you can get your game in? Let me know...and Happy Birthday!!!

PS - Craig, that really sucks man. Electronic troubles drive me up the wall, whether they're computer/TV/internet related makes no difference...I just feel antsy. I'll set you on Autopilot for now, that way Bighouse can get his game in tonight. Let me know when you're back up and running, hopefully before the season is completely over.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #509
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

DT, you gonna be able to get your game in before Wednesday night?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #510
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ahahaha..."wifely duties"...that's great. Yes, I know exactly what you mean .

As it turns out, my mother-in-law is going to be staying with us tonight. Bad f'ing luck on my part, and probably good look on your part Johnny. Are you at all available during the day tomorrow? If not, what's the earliest you can get your game in? Let me know...and Happy Birthday!!!

I can't play during the day and I have hockey tomorrow night and won't be home until 1am MST or so but I'll gladly play then...does that work for you? EDIT: We could also try for Wednesday evening before the roll over as I should be able to play sometime around 9pm MST or later?

If not, no worries, do whatever you need to do and keep things going...whether you play against us or have the CPU play our game...no biggie.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 01-10-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #511
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Johnny,

I'll look for you at 9 MST on Wednesday, then I'll advance us immediately after the game.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #512
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Played BC. ...>..>.>...>

Got dominated. I could not stop the 2 win Golden Eagles run game. We missed a 38 yard field goal and fumbled twice in scoring territory.

I feel like a coach that has done all the things right to put the teams in to win but the players do not come through.

I have 8 drops by wide receivers. Wow I had my impact player(who was yellow at the time) drop a 60 yard on the dot streak pass while he was STOPPED and turned back waiting for the ball. It hit him in the hands and fell to the ground. I almost wanted to quit then lol.

I put a few videos up.
Fake punt by BC for no reason at all and i could not capitalize

BC QB dropped a beautiful pass into the corner of the endzone. He was hit as throwing it and we had great coverage.

40 yard fumble by my running back that went out of bounds but that was foreshadowing for 2 plays later when he fumbles again to lose the game.

I just want to get my guys in here....arghh

Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #513
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

bighouse, I know how you feel as I was playing my offline dynasty last night (GT, also) and was #2 in the country and undefeated heading into face a tough Miami team when we got absolutely smacked in the face. We couldn't get anything going on the ground, which is very, very unusual and when I started to pass a little bit guys were just dropping balls...like you said, wide open, turned around and stopped waiting for the ball to only hit them in the hands and then watch it the turf. UGH.

We finally managed to score and were up by four when I waited for a punt only to watch two guys whiff on blocking the same guy and sure enough...FUMBLE!!! They scored the next play and that was it as they were catching tipped passes like they were actually designed plays...breaking tackles like they were driving MACK trucks down the field...it was maddening.

Oh, and 87 points? WOW! lol
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #514
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Man when teams KNOW i am going to pass and they load up the box with 7 or 8 in the box it is insanity.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #515
EddieK
High School Varsity

Hey all! Wanted to introduce myself to the league. I'm gonna join as NC State and I'm excited to be part of the league. I've been playing OOTP in Alan's FOOL leagues for 1 year and a half or so....Excited to start this!

World Series 2061, 2063, 2104, 2132, 2133, 2151, 2153, 2154, 2157, 2158, 2180, 2183, 2184, 2185, 2210,
EddieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #516
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to the league Eddie!

Edide will be taking over for BillJaspers old NC State team.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #517
EddieK
High School Varsity

Dang that was bad. Game was over after the 3rd series as they were just too much for us. It'll take some time for me to get used to the players but man I thought Wilson (QB) was a little better then he performed to be

World Series 2061, 2063, 2104, 2132, 2133, 2151, 2153, 2154, 2157, 2158, 2180, 2183, 2184, 2185, 2210,
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #518
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Welcome to the league, EddieK!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #519
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ouch! Tough initiation Eddie. Bowls are overrated anyway :P
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #520
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Welcome to the league Eddie!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #521
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Johnny and I got our game in this evening. The first play of the game was a 75 yard bomb to a wide open Duke wideout, and the next play was a 5 yard run for a TD. Johnny would keep the game close all the way down to the end, but his defense never really came around. The final score was 42-28. Josh Nesbitt tore my D up, rushing for just under 200 yards and 3 TD's. My QB (Sean Renfree) passed for just under 400 yards, 3 TD's and completing 75% of his passes. My HB Josh Sneed ran for 155 yards and a pair of TD's.

gg Johnny...best of luck the rest of the way, and good luck in your eventual Bowl game.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #522
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Week 13!

We have at least one H2H game this week. I can't pull the overview right now, but as soon as I can I'll post it up on here. Best of luck in your games, and most importantly, have fun!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #523
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Johnny and I got our game in this evening. The first play of the game was a 75 yard bomb to a wide open Duke wideout, and the next play was a 5 yard run for a TD. Johnny would keep the game close all the way down to the end, but his defense never really came around. The final score was 42-28. Josh Nesbitt tore my D up, rushing for just under 200 yards and 3 TD's. My QB (Sean Renfree) passed for just under 400 yards, 3 TD's and completing 75% of his passes. My HB Josh Sneed ran for 155 yards and a pair of TD's.

gg Johnny...best of luck the rest of the way, and good luck in your eventual Bowl game.

Sun, you are being much too kind...this one was done early on as we couldn't stop Renfee and that f'ing TE!!! We brought pressure and you'd find somebody wide open...we leave a bunch of guys in coverage and would still find somebody wide open...definitely uncharted waters for us this season. We couldn't even force you to punt for crying out loud!!!

One thing I did prior to this game was change from 3-4 to 4-3 as my DTs are a little better than my extra ILBs...hmmm...doubt that would have had much to do with that raping we just endured, though.

Anyways, Sun, I'd be all ears for any kind of seminar you'd be hosting about how to dissect a defense...please, please, PLEASE!!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 AM   #524
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Finished out our season with a nail biter against the Bulldogs...in their house. We bounced back after getting embarrassed at home by Duke and stole one against Georgia scoring with just over a minute left to go ahead by three.

We spent most of the game watching their RB break tackle after tackle while we were unable to find many lanes, let alone any kind of daylight, to run in. And when Nesbitt overthrew Hill on two sure TDs we were really behind the 8-ball with the clock ticking down. We finally got some decent yardage on a few option runs as we worked backup QB, Tevin Washington, into the game to give Nesbitt a breather or two.

In the end, we managed to grind it out enough to stay close while our defense finally figured out how to keep the Bulldogs guessing on offense...something we couldn't do in the first half.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 01-13-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #525
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I will play my game tonite as bowl eligibilty and a HUGE rivalry against Virgina Tech is looming.

GG guys i could get deep on Johnny also but my guys either dropped the ball or his offense ran the ball all over us.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #526
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

*updated* here's the list of games and recruit signings for the week boys. It looks like our only H2H game pits the rookie (Eddie) against the vet (DT). Eddie, you'll need to contact DT via email in regards to scheduling your game, as he is currently unable to post on FOFC. I'll PM you his email address.

Congrats to Johnny on the big win against his rival Georgia. A 9-3 final record should be plenty enough to get you into a quality Bowl game.

=============== Boston College Eagles (2-9) ===============
Last week, Boston College won 17-3 against Virginia (5-6).
This week, the Eagles travel to Syracuse to face the Syracuse Orange (6-5).
In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Chad Harris has committed to Rutgers
- (***) LG George Franklin has committed to Boston College

=============== #23 Duke Blue Devils (9-2) ===============

Last week, Duke won 42-28 against Georgia Tech (8-3).
This week, the Blue Devils will host North Carolina (6-5).
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Kevin Johnson has committed to NC State
- (***) HB Blake Spence has committed to NC State
- (***) WR Marlon Dowdell has committed to Maryland
- (***) HB Brian Weldon has committed to Georgia

=============== #22 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-3) ===============
Last week, Georgia Tech lost 42-28 against Duke (9-2).
This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (7-4).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Timothy Anderson has committed to Georgia Tech
- (***) LT Tom Clark has committed to Georgia Tech
- (*) FB John Robinson has committed to Georgia Tech
- (****) WR Michael Miller has committed to Florida State
- (***) QB Jamar Kennedy has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #24 Maryland Terrapins (9-2) ===============
Last week, Maryland won 30-24 against Florida State (7-4).
This week, the Terrapins will host NC State (4-7).
In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Jeff Stanley has committed to Virginia
- (***) WR Chad Harris has committed to Rutgers
- (*) FB Drew Ramirez has committed to Connecticut

=============== NC State Wolfpack (4-7) ===============
Last week, NC State lost 41-7 against North Carolina (6-5).
This week, the Wolfpack travel to College Park to face the #24 Maryland Terrapins (9-2).
In recruiting news, the following NC State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Brady Lawson has committed to Vanderbilt
- (***) TE Kevin Johnson has committed to NC State
- (***) HB Blake Spence has committed to NC State

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (5-6) ===============
Last week, Virginia lost 17-3 against Boston College (2-9).
This week, the Cavaliers travel to Blacksburg to face the Virginia Tech Hokies (7-4).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) TE Seth Landry has committed to Alabama
- (*) FB Drew Ramirez has committed to Connecticut

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-5) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest won 26-23 against Clemson (8-3).
This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (4-7).
In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Jesse Joseph has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) ROLB Ryan Cunningham has committed to Wake Forest
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #527
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

That was a good one to take from the Terps.

One thing in this game i cannot figure out is FBs. They never seem to be good or highly rated and they are tough to recruit.

Glad we got one of the LTs but sucks we lost out on Dowdell(even though i think i gave up on him after our loss to DT earlier)

Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #528
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Just finished playing one of "those" games. It seemed that the CPU wasn't going to let me win this one, no matter what I did. I fumbled the ball three times, and threw a pick six to a defensive lineman after getting hit as I threw the ball. In the first quarter we forced a fumble and recovered it on our own thirty, only to fumble the ball away on the very first play (while holding the tuck button) of our ensuing drive. Another example...we had a chance on a forced fumble with two minutes left in the game (that would have given us the ball on their 20 down by 2) but their HB, who was on the ground, surrounded by defenders, somehow managed to recover the ball that was several feet away from him, while laying on his back. After I saw that happen, I knew I had no chance. North Carolina exploded for 24 points in the fourth quarter to top things off, putting together three different drives that contained two plays or less. An incredible number of broken tackles, innumerable dropped passes on my end, and ridiculous plays that Superman himself would have oo'd and ah'd at, all resulted in a 44-35 loss to my rival. I finish the year 9-3, with an outside shot at winning the ACC crown. Harsh.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-13-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #529
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Tough one, Sun...I seem to remember NC getting plenty of "help" during our matchup, too.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #530
EddieK
High School Varsity

Ha! That's how I felt when I just played UNC. I fumbled no matter what I did and couldn't do anything to stop them....Sometimes the CPU just has those games

Old 01-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #531
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I felt i have had those all season.

The 16 drops in one game.

The 4 fumbles by the same player in one game.

The fumble as i was going into the endzone in OT to win the game.

I played rival VT and really outplayed them but lost. We cannot pass and struggle to play a full functioning offense. We had another 9 drops. I even had to do a highlight of one of the drops(pass perfect on seam route wr acts like the ball is not even coming to him.

My team must be sooooo terrible.

We set a record with Payne for the most rushing yards in a game with 240 something. We had the ball with 2 minutes left and i decided since our 3rd sting qb sucks and we cannot pass i am going to try to run the ball down the field. We got 40 yards but could not convert on 4th down.

Damn 5-7 sucks...

Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #532
EddieK
High School Varsity

Quote:
I felt i have had those all season.

The 16 drops in one game.

The 4 fumbles by the same player in one game.

The fumble as i was going into the endzone in OT to win the game.

I played rival VT and really outplayed them but lost. We cannot pass and struggle to play a full functioning offense. We had another 9 drops. I even had to do a highlight of one of the drops(pass perfect on seam route wr acts like the ball is not even coming to him.

My team must be sooooo terrible.

We set a record with Payne for the most rushing yards in a game with 240 something. We had the ball with 2 minutes left and i decided since our 3rd sting qb sucks and we cannot pass i am going to try to run the ball down the field. We got 40 yards but could not convert on 4th down.

Damn 5-7 sucks...

Have you tried putting catching to conservative? If not give that a try and you should notice a reduction of drops. I always put catching to conservative. My problem with UNC was the lack of pass protection.

I play in 4 online leagues and just have to get used to the different sliders as even a slight tick really changes gameplay! But the Wolfpack will be good next year

Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #533
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Week 14!

That may have been the fastest week we've ever had...and on the last week of the season no less. This week we have ALL bye's, just recruiting. Thus, our advance will be set at two and a half days, the hard advance will be set for Tuesday evening at 11pm EST. There is zero reason you can't get in 15 minutes of recruiting either via your PS3 or on the net at some point, even if you're insanely busy up to your eyeballs because you're closing on a house this week...like me. Good luck in your recruiting gentlemen.

The ACC Championship game will take place in two weeks (next week is another bye week) between the Duke Blue Devils (9-3) and the Maryland Terrapins (9-3). The winner will most likely play in the Orange Bowl. As it stands now, four of the six participants here in the FACC are slated to get bowl bids...Maryland, Duke, Georgia Tech and Wake Forrest. Nicely done!

=============== Boston College Eagles (2-10) ===============
Last week, Boston College lost 38-14 against Syracuse (7-5).
This week, the Eagles are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Erik Thomas has committed to Toledo
- (***) HB Todd Ford has committed to Syracuse
- (***) WR Bryan Jones has committed to Maryland
- (***) CB Brad Watkins has committed to Cincinnati

=============== Duke Blue Devils (9-3) ===============
Last week, Duke lost 44-35 against North Carolina (7-5).
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.

=============== #19 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-3) ===============

Last week, Georgia Tech won 17-14 against Georgia (7-5).
This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.

=============== Maryland Terrapins (9-3) ===============
Last week, Maryland lost 24-7 against NC State (5-7).
This week, the Terrapins are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) WR Jarod Herring has committed to Maryland
- (***) QB Jesse Pressley has committed to Purdue
- (***) QB David Jefferson has committed to Rutgers
- (***) WR Bryan Jones has committed to Maryland

=============== NC State Wolfpack (5-7) ===============
Last week, NC State won 24-7 against Maryland (9-3).
This week, the Wolfpack are idle.
In recruiting news, the following NC State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB John Myrick has committed to NC State

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (5-7) ===============

Last week, Virginia lost 17-14 against Virginia Tech (8-4).
This week, the Cavaliers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FS Alex Massey has committed to Marshall
- (***) TE David Wood has committed to Notre Dame
- (***) QB Jesse Pressley has committed to Purdue
- (***) SS DaRon Allen has committed to USF
- (***) C Michael Crowell has committed to ECU
- (**) RG Jacob Reyes has committed to Virginia
- (***) DT David Sharp has committed to North Carolina
- (***) RG Chris Strickland has committed to Virginia

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-5) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest won 20-6 against Vanderbilt (4-8).
This week, the Demon Deacons are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Steven Matthews has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) WR Scott Greene has committed to Wake Forest

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-16-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #534
EddieK
High School Varsity

Ugh. I hate when I forget to turn off CPU recruiting assistance.....

Old 01-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #535
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...yeah you should do that :P
Old 01-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #536
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

So how does everybody's recruiting class look so far?

We're at 13 committed recruits right now with a few more potential guys currently on our board. With 17 athletes graduating after this season we're pretty close to where we need to be, numbers-wise.

I expect a few guys to think about leaving early, namely RB Roddy Jones and DT Logan Walls, but with their stats not being all that good I'm hoping they don't think too much of themselves (or put much stock in what an agent might say...lol) and realize that staying in school is the way to go.

We still need to add a kicker so I hope there is at least one interested in us during the preseason round of recruiting. A "real" FB would be nice, too.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #537
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I have 3 or 4 other guys that are 3 star taht have UVA loaded up first.

I really was hoping to end up around 20 3 star guys so i could get a base to work with.

I think we have 12 signed now(around there) and might be lucky to get 18 ish and may go after a few more 2 stars that have some skills that fit.

Right now i would grade my recruiting at a C+ mabee

Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #538
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

And wow i cannot find a decent Fullback in any dynasty i am in.

There seems to be a shortage in the world of good fullbacks.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #539
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You guys wouldn't believe it, but I only have one signed recruit right now. There were several weeks where I lost 4-5 recruits simultaneously....what's worse is they all went to you guys
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #540
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And wow i cannot find a decent Fullback in any dynasty i am in.

There seems to be a shortage in the world of good fullbacks.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Hard to run an Option attack without a solid FB! Forget the fact that a "real life" option team actually uses the FB to gain yardage but in-game it's virtually impossible to grind out more than a yard or two on any run by the FB.

In my offline dynasty I've been looking for shorter TEs or heavier HBs who might be able to convert to FB but that doesn't look all that promising as the best position change I've seen thus far was from a 70+ rated TE converting to a 45 rated FB. Ugh.

And, Sun, that's crazy that you only have 1 guy signed...and it seems to me he signed really early, too, right?

I had that happen in my offline dynasty where I focused on maybe a dozen guys (most had me as their top school from the get go) and before I knew I only had 2 guys committed and we were heading into bowl season. It worked out OK as were landed several players in the offseason but was definitely frustrating after spending all that time recruiting during the season with literally nothing to show for it.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #541
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I did not Sun....You were going after the big dog 4 and 5 star guys.

I see it as two approaches

1) shoot high-hope to have a good season and steal some high caliber guys
positives-You can do well with players in house and hope to keep them on the roster to build with

negatives-If you do not have a great roster and do not get recruits this will really backfire

2) Foundation-Recruit guys that WILL come to your school. GO after 3 or 4 star guys that other teams will not go after or that want your school

positives-It starts your team out will good all around guys that are young and you once in awhile will find a gem. You are essentially starting from scratch with your guys

Negatives-You will rarely upgrade your talent. If you sign 20 3 stars you will keep the status quo or depending on your team it will upgrade but only minutely.

Sun i have a guy that was a 3 star recruit in my other dynasty and this guy is a monster. He had 2 stats that were A (acceleration and carrying)

He just broke the NCAA records for catches, yards, and touchdowns for my Houston team. I try to run a loyal run and shoot offense so we chuck the ball 40+ a game but he NEVER drops a ball and has only fumbled once in 4 years. He barely every breaks a tackles but he just catches the ball and gets open on almost every play.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #542
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I have tried that too Johnny. I had luck turning a Senior 80ish rated back into a fullback....if.....if you consider 80ish RB to 65 ish FB is successful.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #543
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I went after zero 5 star recruits, and a small handful of 4 star guys. I'm sure I'll garner much more interest next year (the game seems to rate your recruiting interest based on the previous years performance), but this year I'm f'ed. I had a full (30-35 kids) set of recruits that I was pursuing too...just awful.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #544
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Week 15!

Another quick and easy week. Advance set for Thursday evening at 11pm EST. Good luck recruiting!

=============== Boston College Eagles (2-10) ===============
Last week the Eagles were idle.
This week, the Eagles are idle.
- (***) HB Maurice Gilmore has committed to Minnesota
- (*) FS Trey Johnson has committed to FIU

=============== Duke Blue Devils (9-3) ===============
Last week the Blue Devils were idle.
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Jamaal Howard has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #18 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-3) ===============

Last week the Yellow Jackets were idle.
This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) CB Jason Pace has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Maryland Terrapins (9-3) ===============

Last week the Terrapins were idle.
This week, the Terrapins are idle.
- (***) HB Chad Williams has committed to Temple
- (***) CB Jeremy Dahl has committed to Louisville
- (*) P David Collins has committed to Maryland
- (**) ROLB Lee Moss has committed to Central Michigan

=============== NC State Wolfpack (5-7) ===============
Last week the Wolfpack were idle.
This week, the Wolfpack are idle.
- (**) FS Charles Hayward has committed to Navy
- (***) LG Luke Moore has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) RE Erik Hall has committed to NC State

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (5-7) ===============

Last week the Cavaliers were idle.
This week, the Cavaliers are idle.
- (***) WR Matt Wilcox has committed to Virginia
- (***) HB Chad Williams has committed to Temple

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-5) ===============

Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.
This week, the Demon Deacons are idle.
- (***) SS Chris Harris has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) CB Jamaal Howard has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) RT Adam Simpson has committed to Wake Forest
Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #545
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have tried that too Johnny. I had luck turning a Senior 80ish rated back into a fullback....if.....if you consider 80ish RB to 65 ish FB is successful.

Exactly. My current FB is my highest rated player at 93, I think. Good luck finding a guy like that again.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #546
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

What's a FB?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #547
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What's a FB?

Usually a white guy who's too short to be a TE and too slow to be a HB.

The 2* guy we signed this week looks like he could be somebody similar to what Bighouse was talking about as this kid looks like he has some good building blocks to be a pretty good corner but got overlooked by the scouting system.

Fingers crossed!!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #548
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Heheh, I hope he pans out for you. I typically run a one back/three wide offense, at least that's what I've been using with Duke, so I don't know that I'll be targeting many FB's (if any) in this dynasty.

When I use to play ball, the FB was typically among the strongest guys on the team, and he was always, always white
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #549
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

lol...yeah, I fit the profile for a typical FB...except for the "strongest" part.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #550
CraigSca
Pro Starter

My TV is back in business.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote