Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2022, 05:58 PM   #4801
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm waiting while I get my oil changed and a guy just walked in and sat down as the news on TV was talking about mask mandates on planes. He immediately said "it's stupid" loud enough for everyone to hear and sat down. I look over and he's wearing a Let's go Brandon hat.

He's also reading a book. I'll admit I'm really curious what it is.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:04 PM   #4802
Atocep
Coordinator

He's reading Glenn Beck's book The Great Reset

He's also wearing a UW jacket which is kind of ironic.

Edit: he's found a sympathic ear in an old lady that's also waiting here. So far he's talked about Fauci and Gates developing Covid, the swamp being "millions and millions" of people and far deeper than people realize, and the DoJ going after grandma's and grandpa's that did nothing on Jan 6th.

Last edited by Atocep : 04-13-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #4803
BYU 14
Coordinator

The koolaid is powerful. Not only that people buy all this shit, but feel confident enough to preach it like a sermon.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:56 PM   #4804
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm waiting while I get my oil changed and a guy just walked in and sat down as the news on TV was talking about mask mandates on planes. He immediately said "it's stupid" loud enough for everyone to hear and sat down. I look over and he's wearing a Let's go Brandon hat.

He's also reading a book. I'll admit I'm really curious what it is.

My guess is "The Turner Diaries"
Old 04-13-2022, 07:05 PM   #4805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

He's also wearing a UW jacket which is kind of ironic.

Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #4806
RainMaker
General Manager

There is some absolutely insane stuff out there. Not going to link it directly, but it is just complete insanity. And it has a big following.

hxxtps://realrawnews.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:23 PM   #4807
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel dumber for spending 30 seconds reading any of that bullshit. Geez
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:27 PM   #4808
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There is some absolutely insane stuff out there. Not going to link it directly, but it is just complete insanity. And it has a big following.

wow. that is. Something
Old 04-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #4809
BYU 14
Coordinator

Our species is devolving with this crap. Guess my great, great, great grandkids will be liking fires with sticks and flint, while they prepare to hunt wildebeast herds with homemade spears.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:01 PM   #4810
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Our species is devolving with this crap. Guess my great, great, great grandkids will be liking fires with sticks and flint, while they prepare to hunt wildebeast herds with homemade spears.
In three feet of water.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #4811
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU14

Nah, none of this is new. It's just like how we are more aware of police violence than we used to because the internet age makes it easier to find out what's going on. All of this has always been there. We're not getting worse as a species, we are just becoming more aware of how flawed we have always been.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:50 PM   #4812
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Nah, none of this is new. It's just like how we are more aware of police violence than we used to because the internet age makes it easier to find out what's going on. All of this has always been there. We're not getting worse as a species, we are just becoming more aware of how flawed we have always been.

Yup. It’s like social media - it in itself isn’t the problem, it’s just that it shows society as is actually is rather than how we hope/believe it to be
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #4813
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

And easier to disseminate bullshit because these conversations that once took place in someone's basement, between two delusional friends, now find thousands of eyes. Those with common sense and intelligence, laugh, shake their heads and dismiss them. Those that have mental health issues, are easily gullible, or just looking for a reason to lash out soak it in and it becomes part of their fabric.

So yeah, we have always been flawed as a species, it is now a bigger danger to our way of life than ever before because these flawed, mentally weak, unstable people can unite.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 04-14-2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:12 PM   #4814
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I found this to be interesting related to that site in particular:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...behind-real-r/

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 04-14-2022 at 06:13 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:38 AM   #4815
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I used to think we had two justice systems, but that's wrong, we have three.

One for rich people. One for white people. One for people who are not white.

Edit: this was in response to RM's post on the last page (the last post on the last page). Carry on.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 04-15-2022 at 06:39 AM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #4816
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Yup. It’s like social media - it in itself isn’t the problem, it’s just that it shows society as is actually is rather than how we hope/believe it to be

Yes, but....

This is a great (though long) article I read a couple of days ago which explains in a way I knew, but had trouble articulating, exactly how much social media has had a negative impact on society: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-babel/629369/

Edit: just want to be clear that I don't think social media is the whole of the story but boy howdy has it not helped.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 04-15-2022 at 06:43 AM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:08 AM   #4817
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

This is obviously the result of a conspiracy.

Alex Jones' Infowars files for bankruptcy in wake of defamation suits over his assertions that the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-18-2022 at 09:08 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #4818
Flasch186
Coordinator

I hope his student loan debt is not discharged SMH

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:03 AM   #4819
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

He's also apparently moved millions (read..nearly all assets of infowars) to an offshore account in anticipation of this move. He has no intention of paying anything to them.

Like Steam?

Old 04-18-2022, 11:29 AM   #4820
Atocep
Coordinator

A Trump merch popup went up in the parking lot next to the Safeway down the street from me. The worship of this man really does blow my mind.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:59 AM   #4821
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And easier to disseminate bullshit because these conversations that once took place in someone's basement, between two delusional friends, now find thousands of eyes. Those with common sense and intelligence, laugh, shake their heads and dismiss them. Those that have mental health issues, are easily gullible, or just looking for a reason to lash out soak it in and it becomes part of their fabric.

So yeah, we have always been flawed as a species, it is now a bigger danger to our way of life than ever before because these flawed, mentally weak, unstable people can unite.

This sums it up quite well IMHO.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:07 PM   #4822
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Mark Meadows gave a bunch of texts to the J6 Committee. Then he suddenly decided "Wait, executive privilege." But based on the leaks from the texts we are getting, those texts make a LOT of non-Mark Meadows people look pretty bad.

So I'm keeping an open mind, but I'm thinking that Meadows knew exactly what he was doing. It would not shock me if he had a cooperation agreement with DOJ. It would also not shock me if he didn't have a formal agreement but knew that getting out how bad everyone else was would help take heat off him.

I think he's at least trying to play a little 3D chess here.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #4823
thesloppy
Pro Starter

It's absurd to read those texts and see multiple people who explicitly laid out conspiracy plans prior to Jan 6th, conjuring up images of Antifa pushing the levers behind a conspiracy they themselves invented mere days before, the instant things turn sour.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 04-25-2022 at 01:20 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #4824
RainMaker
General Manager

Just straight up fascists.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:55 PM   #4825
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

How many seconds after Elon Musk buys Twitter will Trump be let back on?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:02 PM   #4826
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I left FB last September and have largely not missed it. But I use Twitter as more of an instant news feed than anything, so I'd really have a hard time letting go but if my timeline is going to get filled with 2016-2020 levels of Trump, I may not have much choice.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:02 PM   #4827
GrantDawg

I saw one rumor that Musk is going to establish a paywall with tiered membership fees. I have hard time believing that, but it would be one way to watch someone flush 45b down the toilet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-25-2022 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:17 PM   #4828
Ksyrup

If he can effectively rid Twitter of spambots, that would be a welcome improvement.

When he says he's going to "authenticate humans," I suppose a credit card is one way to do that...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-25-2022, 02:19 PM   #4829
Ksyrup

They setting up a merger?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-25-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:23 PM   #4830
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If he can effectively rid Twitter of spambots, that would be a welcome improvement..

He said he's a "free speech absolutist". Wouldn't banning spam go against that?
Old 04-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #4831
Ksyrup

Apparently not.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:50 PM   #4832
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump held in contempt of court in NY lawsuit from DA James.

Trump found in civil contempt of court by New York judge

Sadly the fine will mean nothing to him-only way he complies is if he's ordered to go to jail until he complies
Old 04-25-2022, 02:58 PM   #4833
Thomkal
Head Coach

CNN releases over 2,000 texts to and from Mark Meadows about Jan 6 and the election:

READ: Text messages Sean Hannity, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ivanka Trump and others sent to Mark Meadows | CNN Politics
Old 04-25-2022, 04:29 PM   #4834
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Least surprising Tweet? That Greene thinks it's "Marshall Law"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #4835
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump held in contempt of court in NY lawsuit from DA James.

Trump found in civil contempt of court by New York judge

Sadly the fine will mean nothing to him-only way he complies is if he's ordered to go to jail until he complies

I've thought that fines, by and large, should be keyed toward someone's income and assets.

Like a sports league's fine of players shouldn't be for $X. It should be for X% of their salary/pro-rated bonus.

Same here. $10,000/day means nothing to Trump. But even one day of it would be impossible for most people. And a lot of upper class folks couldn't handle it for more than a few days.

Seems inequitable.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #4836
BYU 14
Coordinator

Actually the text from this ignorant ghoul is least surprising, literally shopping which lie to tell.

Quote:
Jason Miller to Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino
Call me crazy, but ideas for two tweets from POTUS: 1) Bad apples, likely ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, infiltrated today's peaceful protest over the fraudulent vote count. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our police and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now! 2) The fake news media who encouraged this summer's violent and radical riots are now trying to blame peaceful and innocent MAGA supporters for violent actions. This isn't who we are! Our people should head home and let the criminals suffer the consequences!
Old 04-25-2022, 06:54 PM   #4837
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I've thought that fines, by and large, should be keyed toward someone's income and assets.

Like a sports league's fine of players shouldn't be for $X. It should be for X% of their salary/pro-rated bonus.

Same here. $10,000/day means nothing to Trump. But even one day of it would be impossible for most people. And a lot of upper class folks couldn't handle it for more than a few days.

Seems inequitable.

He wouldn't pay it if it was $10. Fines don't really matter if you're wealthy and the court has no teeth.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #4838
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Least surprising Tweet? That Greene thinks it's "Marshall Law"

SI

I would have been disappointed if she had said anything else.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:41 PM   #4839
Flasch186
Coordinator

McCarthy Receives Standing Ovation from House Republicans after Addressing Leaked Audio

Standing O so there ya go.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:37 PM   #4840
BYU 14
Coordinator

Jesus, there are criminal's serving life sentences with more integrity than these Buffoons.

And this is why America is so fucked right now, basically anything goes as long as we stick together.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:33 AM   #4841
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Jesus, there are criminal's serving life sentences with more integrity than these Buffoons.

And this is why America is so fucked right now, basically anything goes as long as we stick together.

“This is a distraction, folks. Come on. This is simply a distraction by the left trying to drive a wedge in a very unified Republican Party and a very unified conference,” said Representative Barry Loudermilk of Georgia

“A lot of this stuff is just drama that the American people don’t care about,” Greene said

“The New York Times reporting on me is totally false and wrong. It comes as no surprise that the corporate media is obsessed with doing everything it can to further a liberal agenda,” McCarthy said.

And people believe everything these people say. It's cool to lead when all you need to do is pwn the other side. Never govern, until you have total authority, then do whatever the fuck you want without even thinking of letting the public have a say......see the Mickey Mouse War of 2022.

Like Steam?

Old 04-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #4842
RainMaker
General Manager

They target the dumbest people in the country for a reason.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:25 PM   #4843
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
They target the dumbest people in the country for a reason.

Then pass laws and gut education, school boards, etc....to ensure future generations of equally uneducated.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #4844
GrantDawg

"Well, you know. All the Democrats want to do is raise the prices of your groceries and your gas, but dumb people voted for them because they didn't like some of Trump's tweets..." or so I was informed by a customer today. The one with the "Jo and the Ho has got to go" bumper-sticker.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:58 PM   #4845
Ksyrup

No, I don't think it's to create uneducated people, but to create future generations brought up on white Christian nationalist beliefs. That's the point of all of these moral outrage campaigns, to sow distrust in public education. Same playbook on how they created media distrust, then our electoral process.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:59 PM   #4846
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Greene saying the Catholic Church is run by Satan and unsafe for children seems like it could be exploited by a competent political party.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:54 PM   #4847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
"Well, you know. All the Democrats want to do is raise the prices of your groceries and your gas, but dumb people voted for them because they didn't like some of Trump's tweets..." or so I was informed by a customer today. The one with the "Jo and the Ho has got to go" bumper-sticker.

It really is amazing how many people minimize Trumps presidency to mean tweets...
Old 04-28-2022, 06:29 PM   #4848
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just watched 3 ads for republican Ohio senate candidates.

I want to die.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:56 PM   #4849
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Damn, the GOP is straight murdering Cawthorn.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #4850
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dude can't stay out of the news for a single day.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote