Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's almost time to start the game against SDSU. We are expected to beat them by a wide margin. Their top players are QB Kevin O'Connell who is a 6'6 225 QB with a good arm, star HB Lynell Hamilton who is a speedy back with great all around skills. Fortunately, their receivers and offensive line are weak. They have one good DE, but most of their defense is not very good. We should beat them by a wide margin.

Our Starting Lineup:

QB: John David Booty. His poise and strong arm win him the starting job this yeear. However, Rocky Hinds has won the backup spot. I won't hesitate to bring the athletic Hinds into the game if we need a spark or the offensive line is giving up many sacks.

HB: Reggie Bush. Was there any question?

FB: Brandon Hancock.

FL: Dwayne Jarrett

SE: Whitney Lewis - He just beat out McFoy for the starting role.

TE: Fred Davis

LT: Thomas Herring - The redshirt freshman gets the key position..

LG: Jeff Byers - The undisputed leader of the o-Line. This junior needs to come up big.

C: Dave Pitts.

RG: Alatini Malu

RT: Domique Babineaux - The true freshman earns the start right from the beginning of his career.

LE: Lawrence Jackson - I expect him to be a huge disruptive force this year.

RE: Jeff Schweiger

DT: Sedrick Ellis

DT: Gabe Long - The redshirt junior barely beats out Fili Moala.

LOLB: Thomas Williams

MLB: Oscar Lua - The veteran leader of our linebacker corp.

ROLB: Keith Rivers - potentially the most talented of my linebackers.

CB1: Terrell Thomas - This position worries me.

CB2: Alex Gomez.

FS: Brandon Ting

SS: Darnell Bing - The All American is the leader of our secondary.

K: Mario Danelo

P: Mark willis - Hopefully, we won't put much pressure on the true freshman today.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I'm kind of ashamed of UCLA after this picture

LOL
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

First Quarter:

We got the ball first, and went 3 and out. Our O-Line isn't creating holes like the group did last year.

They tore us up on their first drive with 5 of 5 passing before we got a defended pass, a 2 yard run, and then a sack. They went for it on 4th and we pressured them into throwing it short and tackled the WR before he could get the 1st.

With 4 minutes left, a 2 yard run was followed up by our first big play of the day. Pro form set, half back screen, our O-Line pulled perfectly. Booty lured the D-line after him. Quick toss to Bush, he ran past the O-Line that had 3 defenders blocked. He juked the FS and ran 69 yards for the TD. His speed is lethal

We caused them to go 3 and out. We then had a few nice short runs and a few short passes. I'm finding holes harder to find for Bush this year, but all he needs is one good block to spring him. I went for it when it was 4th and inches on their 33. I ran Bush up the middle and was shocked when he BARELY made it.

A few good passes from Booty to Jarrett and then Bush set up a 1st and goal from the 5. We ran a toss out of the I formation and Bush got perfect blocking to spring him untouched in the endzone to make it 14-0 with 1 minute left in the 1st quarter.

End of the 1st Quareter: Their QB is 7 of 7 for 96 yards. If a team with mediocre WR's can hurt this bad by running 4 and 5 WR sets, I'd hate to see what a talented team could do. Our 3rd and 4th corners are getting smoked out there.

Second Quarter:

Their drive ended with a missed field goal, and we got the ball on our own 38. Bush had a 10 yard run, then he really started feeling it. On his next carry, he ran up the middle, stiff armed the MLB, then juked the FS. Then, he blew by the defense for a 52 yard TD run. He is so tough to bring down. This run puts us up 21-0 with 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

On their next drive, they ran the ball well and passed it even better to get into our turf. However, their LT is overmatched by Schweiger. He had a key sack on 3rd and 6 which caused them to go for a field goal which they missed again.

We had the ball on our own 24 and Bush was heating up. He had a quick 9 yard run, followed by an 11 yard toss to the left, followed by a 22 yard run up the middle in which he broke 2 tackles. A 5 play 76 yard drive was capped when Booty rolled to his right and found Fred Davis in the right corner of the endzone for the TD! That was a 20 yard scoring strike. That put us up 28-0 with 3 minutes left in the 1st half.

We held them to a 3 and out on their next series thanks to 2 key tackles by our MLB Lua. Bush had a 19 yard return of the punt to start us on their 36.

I brought White into the game to give Bush a breather. White proceeded to run for 6, 5, and 6 yards on successive runs. Then, Booty performed a perfect play action with a strike to Whitney in the right corner of the endzone for a 19 yard TD pass. This made it 35-0 with 40 seconds left in the half.

They ran out the clock to end the half rather than take any chances.

Halftime: 35-0 lead for us. A few key stats. Booty is 8 of 11 for 154 yards with 3 TD. Bush's long screen pass is the main inflator of the yardage. Reggie Bush 11 carries for 127 yards 2 TD. Reggie Bush is the leading receiver with 3 catches for 82 yards and 1 TD. O'Connell their QB is 10 of 13 for 126 yards, 0 TD 0 INT, 4 sacks. We've contained their star RB. He has 12 carries for 19 yards. I think our LB core is better than last year and is doing a great job of stuffing the run. Their HB is their leading receiver with 3 catches for 32 yards.

Third Quarter:

After stopping them short of midfield, we get the ball on our 20 from a punt.

We then proceed to put together a wonderful drive. I want to see how we can handle the short passing game as I might need to keep away from opponents at time. We do great as Booty is 6 of 6 on the drive for 54 yards including a 16 yard play action strike to the TE in the back of the endzone on a post route. Fred Davis is going to be a tough cover for any S and he finally seems to be feeling comfortable out there. As a result, he isn't dropping everything like he did last year. 42-0 to go with 2 and a half minutes in the quarter. I'll put the 2nd string offense in soon, but as long as we have a shutout, the 1st team defense will stay on the field.

They annoy me by stringing together a 6 of 7 drive with a 24 yard TD pass from O'Connell to Smith in the left corner of the endzone to make it 42-7. I was going to pull my offense, but my annoyance makes me leave them on the field for one more drive. After that, I'll put in both 2nd strings.

Bush starts us off with a 35 yard kick return. He was a shoe string tackle from going the distance. We come out with 2 TE's and Bush split wide opposite Jarrett. I run with White 3 times for 4, 3, and 4 yards. Then, a quick 7 yard pass to Brown the blocking TE. Another short run for white. Then, we call a play action pass. Bush takes off down the sideline, the safety bites on the play action. Bush burns the corner. Booty throws it and Bush runs under it and into the endzone for the 41 yard TD strike. That's it. I've seen enough. I put in both 2nd strings. I'm looking forward to seeing what Hinds can do with his speed and mobility. We are up 49-7.

I don't have to wait long as we get them to go 3 and out.

Hinds starts off by handing it to White for 5 yards. Then, I run the I form option right. Hinds pitches it to White at the last minute springing him for 21 yards. Hinds has wonderful speed and is going to be dangerous running the option. Hinds and White get us within the 20, but I have to put Washington on due to White's fatigue. Washington is stopped for a 2 yard and another 2 yard run. I true the option on 3rd and 6 but Hinds is stopped 2 yards shot. I try a 19 yard field goal only to kick it into the upright. Oh well, least we ate up clock. There are now 2 minutes left in the game.

They proceed to put their 2nd string offense on the field. Their QB tries a bomb the first play and Pinkard intercepts it! Nice play by the backup FS.

I proceed to run option play after option play for 8, 5, and 15 yards. Unfortunately, on the 15 yard play the DE nailed Hinds and he went down in pain. However, he was able to walk off the field. Hopefully, he will be ok. I then proceeded to run the ball with Hendrix my backup FB and he did a nice job on a run of 17 yards! However, it was called back on the RT's holding penalty. We ran out the clock and ended the game.

Final Score: 49-7 win for us.

Key Stats:

John David Booty 17 of 20 passing for 257 yards. 5 TD 0 INT. 1 sack.

Kevin O'Connell 19 of 26 passing for 224 yards. 1 TD 0 INT. 6 sacks.

Reggie Bush 16 carries for 173 yards. 2 TD. 97 yards after the 1st hit.

Lendale White 10 carries for 98 yards. 65 after the first hit.

Lynell Hamilton (SDSU) 14 carries for 37 yards.

Reggie Bush 6 catches for 131 yards and 2 TD.

Fred Davis 3 catches for 46 yards 2 TD.

Dwayne Jarrett 2 catches for 19 yards.

Tyrell Smith (SDSU) 5 catches for 89 yards. 1 TD.

Lynell Hamilton 4 catches for 52 yards.

Leading Tackler:

Oscar Lua 6 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Donny Baker (SDSU), CB 6 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Leading sacks:

Lawrence Jackson and Jeff Schweiger each had 2.

Josh Pinkard had the only interception of the game for us.

Star of the Game: Reggie Bush - 173 yards rushing, 131 yards receiving, and 76 return yards (2 KR and 4 PR.)
Old 07-18-2005, 09:36 PM   #54
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Awesome Dynasty

i always enjoy reading your dynasty.

do you control the QB and HB only on offense?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

jbmagic, here are the sliders I'm using:

If I don't mention something, it is at 50 (default)

QB Accuracy at 55 for CPU

Pass Blocking at 70 for both Human and CPU.

WR catching at 90 for both.

RB Ability 45 for Human.

Run Blocking 30 for Human.

Defense:

Knockdowns at 15 for both (necessary to make the short passing game work IMHO)

Tackling at 60 for CPU.

Special Teams:

FG Length 35 for Human

FG Accuracy 45 for Human

Punt Length 45 for Human

Punt Accuracy 45 for Human

Kickoff Length 45 for Human.

Penalties: All maxed except Face mask and clipping which are at default.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Awesome Dynasty

i always enjoy reading your dynasty.

do you control the QB and HB only on offense?

I control whatever receiver catches it AFTER they catch the ball. Otherwise, I control the QB or HB.

Edit: Thanks for the compliment

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-18-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other Week 1 News:

Florida State beat Nebraska 38-31 in a close game.

Reggie Bush was named player of the week. There were only 2 games this week, but still it's nice

No players got in trouble!

Hinds is expected to be fully recovered for our next game.

Time to review the early info on our recruits (in no particular order):

G Earl Jackson - He was on campus for an unofficial visit for our game against SDSU. He tells us that he was very impressed. However, we are 6th on his list! We are behind Arizona State, Utah, Cal, UCLA (GRRR!) and Air Force!?! I don't really need a Guard at this point so he will only get a bit of our time (4%)

WR Jermaine Gibson - He loces our location as we are close enough to Colorado to visit. We are 6th on his list too. We are behind Nebraska, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Cal. I really want this Speedy WR and I'm going to put some time into recruiting him, at least 10% of my time.

HB Ross Harris - This HB tells me that all of his friends are telling him to come here because we are the best team in the nation. We are 2nd on his list behind only Georgia. I WANT this speedy HB. I'm putting 15% of my time towards him for now.

WR Nick Burton - This lanky WR has great hands to go with height and speed. We are 6th on his list behind Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. I decide to devote 10% of my time towards him for now.

DE Travis Hamilton - This DE from Louisiana had an unofficial visit with us and loved it. We are 1st on his list, but his home school of LSU is 2nd on the list. I decide to devote 15% of my time to try to wrap him up.

CB Brian Hall - This 6'4 shut down corner is heavily favoring Cal. Arizona State, Texas, Utah, and UCLA are all ahead of us I allot 5% of my time towards him as I think he is probably a lost cause.

CB Carlos Marshall - This 5'11 CB is faster and he has us 3rd on his list behind Ohio State and Virgina. I put 15% of my time towards him.

QB Micah Johnson - This QB feels that our passing system doesn't suit him. We are 6th on his list behind Virginia Tech, Virginia, Ohio State. Pittsburgh, and Marshall. I only put 3% towards him.

TE Jerome Ward - This TE was impressed by our win over SDsu but has us 5th on his list behind Georgia, Miami, Florida State, and Florida. He is from Florida and doesn't seem keen on coming out west. I don't invest any more time in him.

FS Garrett Howard - This FS from Michigan is heavily favoring Michigan. I'm 6th on his list and I'm not going to waste any more time on him.

MLB Reggie Wheeler - This MLB from Louisiana (pipeline state) loved what he saw against SDSU. We are the early heavy favorites. Flordia State and LSU are 2nd and 3rd. I spend 15% of my time with him.

FB Famian Davis - This FB from illinois has us 4th on his list behind Georgia, Michigan, and Tennessee. I put my remaining 8% towards him.

We don't have any games this week, so I hit the recruiting trail while keeping an eye on the scoreboards.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cal was beat by Tennessee in Knoxville 34-31 this past week which was the big game of the week.

Vince Young was the player of the Week with 23 of 28 passes for 431 yards and 4 TD with another 70 plus yards rushing.

None of my players were in trouble this week!

Time to check up on my recruits:

G: Earl Jackson - Our coaches think he is a lost cause. I stop trying to pursue him.

WR: Jermaine Gibson - He also has dropped us to bottom of his list. He is heavily favoring Nebraska. I drop him off my list.

HB: Ross Harris - He called to tell me he is excited to watch us play on TV against Arkansas. Georgia is still reportedly ahead of us on his list. I up my time to 25% with him.

WR: Nick Burton - He has dropped us to the bottom of his list. I'm going to see if I can change his mind for one more week. I up my time with him to 20%

DE: Travis Hamilton - He wants to see us dominate Arkansas. We are still #1 on his list. I keep my time with him at 15%.

CB: Carlos Marshall - HE still has us at 3rd on his list. I need a shut down corner. I up my time with him to 25%.

QB: Micah Johnson - The scrambling QB is leaning towards Ohio State. I drop my pursuit of him as we are 8th on his list.

TE: Jerome Ward - Drops us to 7th on his list. Not surprising since I'm ignoring him. I continue to leave my time at 0.

FS: Garrett Howard - Loves Michigan. I'm crossing him off my list.

MLB: Reggie Wheeler - He still favors us, but Texas A&M is creeping up his list. They are going after him hard. I continue to keep him at 15%.

FB: Damian Davis - We've dropped to 6th and he really likes Georgia. I drop my time to 0 on him.

CB: Brian Hall - He has narrowed it to 5 quickly! We are not on his list. Cal is the heavy favorite to get him.

Right now, we are in the running to get 5 guys. Unless something changes, I will just follow their progress over the upcoming weeks except to comment where each person committs.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we are about to play at Arkansas. They have a mobile QB, Robert Johnson, who has a strong but inaccurate arm. They have a good young freshman HB, Darren McFadden, but he isn't too much of a threat yet. Peyton Hillis is arguably the best FB in the country and he could be very dangerous running the ball. Their receivers are fairly good and could possibly torch my secondary, particularly Senior Cedric Washington. Their offensive line isn't good. Hopefully, we can get pressure on the QB while containing him in the pocket. Defensively, they are weak with only Desmond Sims standing out at left outside linebacker. Their kickers aren't very good.

We are using the same starting lineup as our last game.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #60
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Good luck against Arkansas! Is there anyone in the PAC10 that concerns you since you lost so many good players due to leaving early? It seems that USC is far and away the best team from the conference, but I'm wondering if there's someone that could steal the title because they didn't suffer such a huge graduation loss.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Note: I lowered my running blocking to 25.

We received the ball first. They stuffed us on our first two runs, but then we completed a 10 yard pass to Jarrett on a curl for the first. A 8 yard run by Bush was followed by a 48 yard run in which he broke two tackles, then juked the FS before running up the sideline. Once he breaks free, no one is catching him. 7-0 game.

On their first drive, the option chewed me up for about 20 yards before Bing hit their QB hard on a QB keeper and caused a fumble. We proceeded to run the ball 51 yards in 5 plays for a TD to make it 14-0.

On their second drive, they ran three successful options plays before trying their first pass. Unfortunately, their keeper was sacked fumbled the ball and my DE Schweiger picked it up. However, he was tackled just before he hit the endzone and he fumbled it! Their RB recovered it in the endzone and we tackled him for a bizarre safety to make it 16-0.

The next drive we drove it down the field via the passing game before handing it to Bush on a 15 yard draw TD run to make it 23-0. Bush had over 100 yards and 3 TD's with 2 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

They've been using their FB all game as the primary HB, and he made a few good plays before finally fumbling the ball on the 5th run in this drive. We moved the ball down the field, but Jarrett dropped a 3rd and 5 pass completion to force us to try the field goal. Danelo hit a 40 yarder to make it 26-0 just before the end of the first quarter.

End of 1st quarter: 23-0 lead for us.

The second quarter was mostly a boring affair with their offense being almost completely inept due to the poor blocking of the offensive line. Their superstar FB had a few positive runs, but ultimately they can't sustain a drive.

Interestingly, they are stacking the box with 8 men quite a bit. As a result, they are holding our running game. Furthermore, they are blitzing and they force us to settle for FG's on our first two drives.

Finally towards the end of the 2nd quarter we put together a good drive with the key plays being a screen to Bush that he took for 26 yards before they FS held him up and allowed his teammates to finish the tackle. The drive ended with an i form WR out to Lewis in the right corner of the end zone for a 8 yard TD pass to make it 36-0.

End of half: 36-0 lead for us.

The third quarter starts with them finally getting their option game working. They drive 40 yards to my 23 before we finally stop them. Their kicker misses the 40 yard field goal attempt.

We go 3 and out as Fred Davis drops a pass that would have given us the 1st.

They then proceed to pass deep to their burner Washington. Then they have a few key runs including their big FB breaking two tackles to convert 3rd and 4. From the 18, they run an option play in which the QB tosses it to the WR who was running a reverse. Washington makes a move on Lua and uses his speed to run 18 yards for the TD! That makes it 36-7.

On our next drive, they stopped Bush on 1st and 10 for no gain, Jarrett dropped a pass on 2nd and 9. I went to a 5 WR (well with Bush as one of the WR's) set and had Patrick Turner run a corner route 15 yards downfield. He caught the ball, stiff-armed the CB, and outraced the FS to the endzone for a 62 yard TD! 43-7 us.

They use a combination of short passes and option running to drive down to our 25 before the quarter ends.

End of 3rd quarter: 43-7.

They have a 14 yard QB run to end the long drive with a TD to make it 43-14. Despite this, I put our 2nd string teams in as I think we can run the ball with White and Hinds.

We proceed to go 3 and out as they stuff White and Hinds. Hinds throws a wobbly duck over my WR's head on 3 and 7.

On their drive, they run, run, run the option down the field. Finally, they execute a play action fake pass to their WR for a 9 yard TD to make it 43-21. They try an onside kick but White recovers it. Their long drive left only 3 minutes left in the game. I leave my 2nd team in there.

On our next drive, we get the ball down to the 1 but are stopped on 3rd and 4th down from running it in. Our backup O-Line is being beaten by their 1st string D-Line.

With 1 minute left, they come out running the ball to get themselves some space. They then go to 4 wide outs. Due to a lack of corners on my second string team, McFoy my WR has to play corner. He proceeds to intercept it at the 23 and return it to the 12.

White is stuffed on our 1st 2 runs up the middle, but on 3rd and 8 I run the option right out of the I Formation. Hinds pitches it just before he is hit. White is alone with a cornerback and stiff-arms the CB. He runs into the endzone untouched the rest of the way. 50-21 with 14 seconds left.

Game over. 50-21 win for us.

Key Stats: (By the way I really the blue on red screen for USC stats)

QB:

John David Booty 11 of 19 passing for 158 yards, 2 TD 0 INT 57% complete, sacked 2 times.

Rocky Hinds 1 of 4 passing for 43 yards (a streak to Turner where he used his height to get the ball) 0 TD 0 INT, 0 Sacks.

Robert Johnson 8 of 16 passing for 87 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 50%, sacked 5 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush 20 carries for 165 yards, 3 TD.

Lendale White 9 carries for 10 yards (I need to remember to get him some carries behind our first team O-Line.)

John David Booty 5 carries for 9 yards (he has more mobility than I thought)

Rocky Hinds 3 carries for 9 yards.

Ark: Peyton Hillis 24 carries for 103 yards (I love that they used their powerful FB as their primary runner)

Robert Johnson 19 carries for 99 yards and 1 TD.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush 4 catches for 35 yards.

Whitney Lewis 3 catches for 31 yards and a TD.

Patrick Turner 2 catches for 104 yards and a TD.

Ark:

Marc Winston, TE 4 catches for 63 yards and a TD

Peyton Hillis 2 catches for 15 yards.

Cedric Washington 1 catch for 42 yards.

Leading tacklers:

Lawrence Jackson 8 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Keith Rivers 7 tackles, 1 for a loss.

ArK: Desmond Sims 11 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

lawrence Jackson 2 sacks.

Alex Morrow 1 sack.

Ark: Desmond Sims 2 sacks.

Chris McFoy, my WR, had the only interception of the game.

Mario Danelo was 2 of 2 for FG's.

Star of the Game:

Reggie Bush 165 yards rushing, 35 receiving yards, 55 return yards (2 KR, 1 PR, a few fair cathches) and 3 TD's.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Good luck against Arkansas! Is there anyone in the PAC10 that concerns you since you lost so many good players due to leaving early? It seems that USC is far and away the best team from the conference, but I'm wondering if there's someone that could steal the title because they didn't suffer such a huge graduation loss.

Cal worries me the most, but their loss to Tennessee should hurt them in the national title picture. However, they are still dangerous in the Pac 10, IMO.

UCLA (as much as I hate to say it) also has a good team this year.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The big game last week was Texas upsetting Ohio State 42-35.

A very early look at the top 10:

1. USC
2. Florida
3. Texas Tech
4. Iowa
5. NC State
6. Oklahoma
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Georgia
10. Tennessee.

Jarred Belser of Nevada was the offensive player of the week with 20 carries for 176 yards, 3 TD's. He also had 6 catches for 99 yards and a TD.

None of my players are in trouble this week!

A look at the recruits:

HB: Ross Harris - He reportedly wasn't very happy with his unofficial visit to Georgia. They are still in 1st for him, but we are a very close 2nd. I'll keep my time at 25% for now.

WR: Nick Burton - The increased attention definitely paid off. We have reportedly moved to 2nd on his list just behind Tennessee.

DE: Travis Hamilton - He still has us at the top of his list, but the hometown LSU Tigers are catching up to us. I'll keep my time for 15% for now..

CB: Carlos Marshall - The extra attention is paying off. He has moved us up to 2nd on his list. We are reportedly just behind Ohio State. I keep my time at 25%.

MLB: Reggie Wheeler - He found his unofficial visit to Texas A&M boring! They are falling off the table and we are reportedly his favorite by a wide margin. I keep my time at 15% for him.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we face our first tough test of the year against Nebraska at home. However, they have had two tough losses that have dropped them out of the top 25. Harrison Beck is a redshirt freshman who is starting for them. He has a very strong arm and good accuracy, but he is young and prone to mistakes. He isn't very mobile. Marlon Lucky is an impact running back with very good skill. He is a competent receiver as well as runner. Dane Todd is a senior FB who is quite talented. Terrence Nunn is their best receiver but Isaiah Fluellen is a real burner that scares me. Their offensive line is reasonably good and Kurt Mann is a star at center. Jay Moore is a star at left end and will be difficult for my young offensive line to contain. Steve Octavien is an impact ROLB and he could make things tough for our team. Their corners are good. Andrew Shanie is a very good FS. However, their SS is a big weak link. Donnell Whitworth is a true freshman and he isn't that good. He is slow and makes mistakes. I'll be running some deep routes against him.

We are using the same lineup, but if their defensive gets too much pressure on Booty, I might bring Hinds in.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #65
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I hate that blue text as well, white would have worked just fine.

Nice job so far!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st quarter: We forced them to go 3 and out. Their punter got off a nice long punt and a good special teams play prevented Bush from getting more than 3 yards on the return.

They stuffed our inside running game well, but 3 key 3rd down catches from Jarrett, Fred Davis, and Bush kept our drive going. We ended up going 66 yards in 15 plays that ate up almost half of the period. Reggie Bush ended the drive with a 1 yard dive over center for the TD. He also had the key run of the drive with a 19 yard toss to the right in which he juked the MLB and SS before the corner pushed him out of bounds. 7-0 lead.

They made a first down thanks to good running by their star RB, Lucky, but they had to punt it shortly after that. They punted it towards the right sideline. Reggie Bush caught it, and our team formed a nice seam down the right sideline. Bush took it 71 yards for a punt return TD thanks to great blocking and his excellent speed. 14-0.

Lucky gets a few good runs to cross midfield, but Jackson comes up with a big sack and we make them punt from our 48. They kick it high and Bush doesn't get a return.

We run the ball well on our first three plays, but then they begin crowding the box a bit. Jarrett drops a pass on 2nd and 10. on 3rd and 10, Bush had the SS on him! I tell him to go deep, he burns the SS, but Booty overthrows him! We punt to end the 1st quarter.

End of 1st quarter: 14-0 lead for us.

We force them into going 3 and out as their QB is wildly inaccurate.

We drive down the field thanks to a 30 yard run by Bush on an offtackle play. However, on 3rd and 8 on their 33 Booty throws a bad pass towards Jarrett. Zackary Bowman intercepts it. He is probably the fastest cornerback and player on their team. He puts a move on Booty and takes off. Bush almost catches him, but can't quite. TD return. 14-7.

They stuff Bush on the first two runs. Booty overthrows the out pattern on 3rd down and we have to punt.

On this drive, Lucky has a few good runs but we finally stop them just outside our 40. They choose to punt.

Now, I decide to go to my 3 WR set with Bush as the slot receiver. White gets to be the primary RB. White has a few good runs, then on 2nd and 5 from our own 47, I throw a quick slant to Bush. The linebacker can't cover him and Bush bursts past him and catches the ball. Bush proceeds to juke the SS and outrun the rest of the secondary for 53 yards and the TD! 21-7 with 2 and a half minutes to go in the half.

JAckson terrorizes their RB and QB to get them back on their own 6 with 3rd and 18. They actually convert this, except a holding call negates it! Jackson bursts through the line (he is a 98 rated DE) to get their RB in the endzone for a safety! 23-7. They kick it with 30 seconds left and Bush runs right.. then left.. then up the left sideline.. TD.. No clipping call. We are back on our own 33 with 24 seconds left.

Our first play is an 17 yard fly to Davis but Babineaux is called for holding which negates it. Then, we throw a 22 yard deep slant to Whitney Lewis. Then, we throw a fly to Bush who has the SS on him.. he drops it. Then 2 quick outs to Jarrett and Lewis. We get within the 25 with 2 seconds left. Danelo hits the 42 yard field goal to end the half 26-7.

Halftime: 26-7 lead for us.

We get the ball. First play, I line up in a 2 TE set. We call the HB screen. Perfect blocking. Bush runs inside using his blocks, then cuts it to the sideline. The FS dives at his feet, Bush highsteps out of his grasp, turns on the speed, and TD! 33-7 on a 71 yard screen pass TD.

Most of the third quarter has been uneventful except for the fact that we hurt their HB and he is likely out for the rest of the game. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter, Darnell Bing intercepted a deep pass intended for their best WR.

Most of the third quarter, Booty has had bouts of inaccuracy, but on this drive he is 4 of 4, and finally Bush gets some blocking on a play and runs up the middle for 8 before juking the linebacker and cutting to the sideline. He beats the defense and scores a 29 yard rushing TD to make it 40-7.

They complete a few passes, but we stop them short of our 35 and they punt to end the 3rd quarter.

End of 3rd quarter: 40-7 lead for us.

I decide to put our 2nd string's in with the game firmly in hand.

They force us to go out in 5 plays as Rocky just isn't that accurate of a passer and it shows.

our starting front 7 are really good, and we've held a team that averages over 600 yards of offense per game to just under 125 so far. However, our second string just isn't as good. They have to work every play, but they go 75 yards in 15 plays for a TD to make it 40-14. Fortunately, they used up a lot of time. We recover the onside kick.

Hinds use the option well on this drive, getting Washington a 15 yard run, and getting himself a 15 yard run where he faked the pitch. Finally, the drive ends on a play action pass when he hits Patrick Turner on a 5 yard fade in the back of the endzone for a TD. 47-14. 20 seconds left in the game. I'm sure I could be accused of running up the score, but I want to win by at least 30 for the voters who are starting to split the vote for #1.

Game over. 47-14 win for us.

Key Stats:

Passing:

John David Booty 13 of 24 for 283 yards, 2 TD 1 INT, 54%, sacked once.

Rocky Hinds 2 of 4 for 9 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, 50%, 0 sacks.

Harrison Beck 9 of 19 for 117 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 47%, sacked 3 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush 18 carries for 102 yards, 2 TD, 40 after the 1st hit.

Lendale White 9 carries for 76 yards, 0 TD, 39 after the first hit.

Rocky Hinds 2 carries for 21 yards.

Marlon Lucky 17 carries for 68 yards, 0 TD.

Brandon Jackson 12 carries for 61 yards, 0 TD.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush 7 catches for 177 yards, 2 TD.

Dwayne Jarrett 3 catches for 33 yards.

Whitney Lewis 2 catches for 48 yards.

Patrick Turner 1 catch for 5 yards and a TD.

J.B. Phillips (their TE) 3 catches for 30 yards and a TD.

Isaiah Fluellen 2 catches for 12 yards.

Leading tackler:

Lawrence Jackson 8 tackles, 5 for a loss.

Darnell Bing 5 tackles.

Nebraska Bo Ruud, ROLB 7 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Jay Moore, DE 6 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Leading sacks:

Lawrence Jackson: 3 sacks (he is the DE that I don't control by the way.)

Barry Turner, DE: He had Nebraska's only sack.

Darnell Bing had our only interception

Zackary Bowman had a 76 yard TD Interception for Nebraska.

Star of the Game:

Reggie Bush: 102 rushing yards, 177 receiving yards, 161 return yards, 5 total TD's.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-19-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I hate that blue text as well, white would have worked just fine.

Nice job so far!!

Thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Game of the past week:

Florida beat Tennessee 35-31 to advance to first place (by a few votes) in one of the polls.

Reggie Bush was named the offensive player of the week.

Again, no players got into trouble!

A look at our recruits:

RB: Ross Harris thought we showed mercy to Nebraska and we could have beaten them worse. He has moved us up to 1st on his list reportedly! We keep him at 25%.

WR: Nick Burton had an unofficial visit to Tennessee and was disappointed with their loss to Florida. He has moved us up to 1st on his list! I keep him at 20%

DE: Travis Hamilton had a bad unofficial visit to LSU reportedly. We are supposed to be on top of his list still. I keep his time at 15%

CB: Carlos Marshall thought we did well against Nebraska. We are reportedly still second on his list behind Ohio State. I keep his time at 25%

MLB: Reggie Wheeler thought we our team did well against Nebraska. He still has us on top of his list. I keep his time at 15%.

We have a bye in this week. This should allow us to get ready for our conference schedule.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 5:

The big news of the week is that Utah upset UCLA in Pasadena 24-21. That drops UCLA from 13 to 24 in the polls.

The other big news is that Auburn hosted and upset Florida 35-32 to take Florida out of 1st place. We are back in 1st place in both polls.

Adrian Peterson was the player of the week with 28 carries for 197 yards and 3 TD's. He also had 2 receptions for 113 yards and a TD.

Our players continue to keep their noses clean (or at least not get caught)

A look at our recruits:

HB: Ross Harris - some of his coaches tell us that his work ethic might prevent him achieving his potential WE are still first on his list. I keep my time at 25% for now.

CB: Carlos Marshall - He feels that we are a better fit than Ohio State and has moved us p to the top of his list! I keep my time with him at 25%

WR: Nick Burton - His HS team is undefeated so far and Burton is averaging 4 TD's per game. We are still on top of his list. I keep my time with him at 20%

DE: Travis Hamilton - We continue to be his top choice. I keep his time at 15%

MLB: Reggie Wheeler - He was disappointed with his unofficial visit to Florida State but still moved them up to 2nd on his list. We remain 1st.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #70
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Dang - 4 TD's a game - Nick Burton sounds like a gamebreaker-type player to me.

Sounds like you have great chances with a number of good recruits. Keep it up!
how do you know?

Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 6:

Today we play Arizona State in what should be an easy Pac-10 Opener.

Arizona State:

QB: Derek Shaw is a pocket QB with a strong but somewhat inaccurate arm.

HB: Randy Hill is a powerful bruising back but he isn't very quick.

FB: Jamal Lewis is a slow good blocking FB.

WR: Terry Richardson is an impact WR for them who has excellent speed and great hands.

WR: Ryan Fleming is a burner, but not a very good all around receiver.

TE: Zach Miller is one of the best TE's in the nation. He is an impace player who is big, fast, strong, and has great hands.

The offensive line is weak except for Andrew Carnahan who is a stellar right tackle.

LE: Kyle Caldwell is an excellent defensive end who is a great rusher.

The rest of the D-Line is average.

LOLB: Robert james is an impact linebacker who has very good speed.

Their other LB's are below average.

Their secondary is average to below average.

Their kickers are below average.

Should be an easy win for us.

We are using the same lineup again.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm expecting big things from Jarrett who has really stepped it up in practice and looks ready to make an impact.

1st quarter:

Surprisingly, it is a defensive struggle as we each go 3 and out on our first series. The second series isn't much better but we are starting to win the field position battle.

Their 2nd punt is from the 8 and we get it on the 35 thanks to a good Bush return.

However, they hold us to 3 yards on 3 plays as Jarrett drops a key 3rd down pass. Their star DE is really disrupting us.

We attempt a 49 year old field goal and it is both short and wide right.

Lawrence Jackson gets his third sack of the game on this drive. He is putting heavy pressure on their QB.

On a 3rd and 6 from their own 37, the QB tries a long pass into double coverage. Alex Gomez intercepts it. He gets a crushing block by Darnell Bing, another block by Jackson downfield. He jukes the QB. He is off! TD!! 78 yard interception TD return. 7-0 us.

We force them to go 3 and out to end the 1st quarter as we get another sack on the QB.

End of 1st Quarter: 7-0 lead for us. Did I mention that 6 of our front 7 players are rated 90 or higher? They are playing like it today as we have 6 sacks on the QB in the 1st quarter.

They force us to punt after 5 plays as they are shutting Bush's running down. However, their returner fumbles the ball! we recover!

We have the ball on their 14. Booty keeps the ball for a 11 yard run when they overplay the HB on the option.

Next play, goalline set, HB toss. Bush stiffarms the lone linebacker in his path and runs into the endzone. 14-0.

We force them to go 3 and out.

The next drive, Bush finally gets two nice runs of 11 yards each. However, they stack the box and Booty is throwing inaccurately.

On third and two I run Bush off tackle, but they stop him. We kick the 24 yard field goal to make it 17-0.

They put together a nice drive thanks to two key passes to their stud TE including one in which he caught then stiff armed two of my guys and ran 22 yards before Bing tackled him.

We finally stopped them at the 15 and they kicked a 32 yard field goal.

This QB only has 2 TD's and 6 INT's coming into the game, I don't want to let him get a TD against us today.

Since Bush has been contained, I go with Bush in the slot and 3WR's with White as the RB.

White pounds them up the middle three times.

Then, Bush catches a slant and goes 30 yards before he is tackled by the FS.

Bush misses a fly pattern two plays later.

We connect on a few more runs, but they finally stop us.

Danelo connects on a 37 yard FG to make it 20-3 with 25 seconds left in the half.

Halftime: 20-3 lead for us.

We force them to go 4 and out.

We have a few nice plays on our first drive of the 3rd quarter, but on 3rd and 5, I throw an out pass to Fred Davis. He catches it but their SS nails him and he fumbles it. Robert James recovers the fumble.

On the first play, they throw it deep to Fleming who burnt my corner and Bing. He catches it and runs into the endzone for a 55 yard TD. 20-10 game.

On our next drive, Bush runs for 4 yards then 1 yard. on 3rd and 5 Jarrett is open on the wide out play, but he drops the ball. Very disappointing.

We force them to go 4 and out.

On our next drive, Bush again goes to the slot. White shreds their defense for 6 yards, 7 yards, 5 yards, 8 yards. Then, he becomes tired.

They stop Bush for 2 yards. They stop the HB screen for 4 yards. Jarrett tells me, "I'm in the zone." I call a crossing route for him. He drops the ball.

We kick a 35 yard FG to make it 23-10 with 3 minutes in the 3rd left.

On the kickoff, Bing forces and recovers a fumble!

From the 12, I run Bush for 2 yards. I playaction pass, Jarrett is open in the endzone left side. Booty throws it to him, and he drops it!

On third and 8, Booty overthrows Whitney.

We settle for a 27 yard field goal to make it 26-10. I can't believe my offense is so bad this game.

We exchange failed drives in which their star DE sacks Booty, and Lawrence Jackson collects his 4th sack of the game!

End of the 3rd quarter: 26-10 with them driving into our turf.

They hit short pass after short pass. Their drive is complete when they hit the TE in the left backend of the endzone for a TD on a 8 yard pass.

They complete the 2 point converstion on a pass to the TE over the middle to make it 26-18.

Wow, they are making this much more of a game than I expected.

We put together a 10 yard 71 drive which was kept alive early by a defensive pass interference call on 3rd and 9.

The key plays of the drive were a 24 yard pass to Bush and a play action wheel pattern to our FB for a 16 yard TD! 33-18 now.

We exchange a series of 3 and out for each of us.

Their next drive, they drive about 25 yards before trying an ill advised HB pass. Darnell Bing intercepts it and returns it 4 yards to our own 30.

We finally get Bush going. After 5 successful runs, I try a play action pass. I kick myself as they sack Booty and he fumbles it and they recover.

I kick myself even more as they hit Fleming on a long streak.

Then, they hit their TE for 3 quick 9 yard passes.

Finally, they hit Fleming on an out for a 7 yard TE.

They pass it to the TE on an out for a 2 point conversion. 33-26 with 45 seconds left.

Gomez becomes my favorite corner as he catches the onside kick.

I plan on just running out the clock. Bush gets a 4 yard run. They call T.O.

Bush gets a 6 yard run. They call T.O.

Then, Bush breaks one. He stiff arms the MLB. He jukes the SS. He runs 43 yards for a TD with 29 seconds left on the clock. 40-26.

They throw a few passes. Game over. 40-26 win for us.

Key Stats:

Passing:

Booty: 14 of 30 passes, 46%, 141 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, sacked 3 times.

Derek Shaw: 20 of 32 passes, 62%, 256 yards, 3 TD 1 INT, sacked 9 times! (Darn it, we gave up more TD's than he had in all of his previous games this season.)

Rushing:

Reggie Bush: 25 carries for 164 yards, 2 TD. 132 yards after the 1st hit!

Lendale White: 9 carries for 59 yards.

Randy Hill: 10 carries for 68 yards.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush: 6 catches for 77 yards. 0 TD.

Brandon Hancock (FB): 3 catches for 18 yards, 1 TD.

Dwayne Jarrett: 3 catches for 25 yards. 5 drops. (No one else had any drops!)

Zach Miller: 9 catches for 91 yards, 1 TD, 2 2 point conversions.

Ryan Fleming (true freshman) 4 catches for 101 yards, 2 TD.

Nate Kimbrough: 3 catches for 41 yards.

Leading Tacklers:

Darnell Bing: 8 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Lawrence Jackson: 7 tackles, 5 for a loss.

Oscar Lua: 6 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Robert James (Arizona): 10 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Daniel Varvel: 9 tackles.

Kyle Caldwell: 6 tackles, 4 tackles for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

Lawrence Jackson: 4

Thomas Williams: 2

Oscar Lua: 2

Arizona: Kyle Caldwell - 2

Interceptions:

Alex Gomez with a 78 yard TD Interception Return.

Darnell Bing 1 interception.

FG's:

Mario Danelo 4 of 5 (49 yards on the miss)

Stars of the Game:

Darnell Bing 8 tackles, 1 interception, 1 FF, 1 FR.

Reggie Bush 161 yards rushing, 77 yards receiving, 71 return yards (on 7 returns)
Old 07-19-2005, 11:52 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other Week 6 News:

Georgia played at Kentucky and was shocked to lose 36-31.

Iowa was knocked out of their #3 spot when Ohio State beat them 33-16.

Texas Tech beat Texas A&M 42-35.

Texas Tech vaulted to #1 in one of the polls!

Top 10 Media Poll:

1. USC (43)
2. Texas Tech (21)
3. Oklahoma (1)
4. NC State
5. Texas
6. Florida State
7. Ohio State
8. Auburn
9. Florida
10. Iowa

Allen Webb of Kansas State won the player of the Week award. Against Baylor, he completed 26 of 30 passes for 360 yards and 7 TD.

Cal is 2-0 in conference play. Oregon is 1-0. We are 1-0. Everyone else is either 1-1 or 0-2 in conference play.

None of our players are in trouble this week!

A look at our recruits:

HB: Robert Harris feels we are doing well. We are on top of his list.

CB: Carlos Marshall saw our last game and said he enjoyed his time on our campus in his unofficial visit. We are 1st on his list by a wider margin.

WR: Nick Burton had a disappointing unofficial visit at Tennessee. We are 1st on his list.

DE: Travis Hamilton had a great unofficial visit with us. We are 1st by a wide margin.

MLB: Reggie Wheeler said he is looking forward to our next game. We are 1st on his list by a wide margin.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #74
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

We're #4?? Jay Davis must be eating his Wheaties, I guess....
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
We're #4?? Jay Davis must be eating his Wheaties, I guess....

Yep, but it is still early. I find the polls are very dynamic for the first 8 weeks.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #76
Emiliano
College Prospect

Good stuff EF. I'm following.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #77
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I've noticed some games certain WRs just can't seem to catch a cold, like Jarrett did for you. I just had a game where my best WR dropped 4 passes before finally catching 4 in the 2nd half. I was getting so pissed.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #78
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i hear it best to lob your pass for mid and long range and for short passes to not lob the pass.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I generally try to get somewhere between a lob and a bullet on most passes. I lob my fly patterns usually, but not always. No updates tonight by the way due to the fact that I'm on call and there are no in-game saves in NCAA.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I generally try to get somewhere between a lob and a bullet on most passes. I lob my fly patterns usually, but not always. No updates tonight by the way due to the fact that I'm on call and there are no in-game saves in NCAA.

Yeah... you would think by now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #81
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
I've noticed some games certain WRs just can't seem to catch a cold, like Jarrett did for you. I just had a game where my best WR dropped 4 passes before finally catching 4 in the 2nd half. I was getting so pissed.

i have firgure it out why that happens.

you have to look at the WR that has composure and no composure with the match stick before you hike the ball.

to do match stick, you got to be at the line of scrimmage and use your right analog stick up, right or left to see different composure matchup for wr/secondary, offensive line/defensive line, and running backs/linebackers.

if he has no composure showing for your WR (no white circle), he likely going to drop it.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #82
CraigSca
Pro Starter

EF27, am I the only person who realizes your starting backfield consists of a Bush, Hancock and Booty? I'm not sure I can let this slip by without notifying the NCAA about this one.
how do you know?

Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i have firgure it out why that happens.

you have to look at the WR that has composure and no composure with the match stick before you hike the ball.

to do match stick, you got to be at the line of scrimmage and use your right analog stick up, right or left to see different composure matchup for wr/secondary, offensive line/defensive line, and running backs/linebackers.

if he has no composure showing for your WR (no white circle), he likely going to drop it.

That would be good advice except Jarrett is an impact WR (just became one) and therefore he always has maximum composure as far as I can tell whenever I look with the stick.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
EF27, am I the only person who realizes your starting backfield consists of a Bush, Hancock and Booty? I'm not sure I can let this slip by without notifying the NCAA about this one.

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that
Old 07-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 7:

Today we travel to play Arizona in a Pac-10 Matchup.

A preview of Arizona's Team:

QB: Richard Kovalcheck is a 6'2 211 Red Shirt Junior. He is not very mobile. Has very good arm strength, good accuracy, but low pocket awareness.

RB: Chris Henry: Not very fast, at 6'0 221, he is a fairly powerful back. He is good at breaking tackles. Not a very good receiver.

FB: Erik Sanchez: A true freshman who is a horrible player. Not talented at all.

WR: Syndric Steptoe is an impact WR who has very good speed, good hands, good leaping ability, but is smallish at 5'9 170.

WR: B.J. Vickers is a senior who is an impact WR. He is 6'3 215. He has good speed, very good hands, and he is a threat to break tackles to turn small gains into large ones.

TE: Brandyn McCall is a 6'5 251 senior TE. Good speed for his size, poor hands, good blocker.

The Offensive Line is bad with LT Adam Hawes being the only decently talented player.

The Defensive line is bad except for DT Byron Smith who is a good disruptive player.

The Linebacking corp is bad except for Ronnie Palmer who is an impact MLB. The 6'2 220 pound redshirt sophomore has good speed for an MLB and he is a good tackler.

The secondary is fairly weak with Wilrey Fontenot standing out at LCB, but he is short and can be taken advantage of. None of their DB's have as much speed as my Widereceivers or Bush.

We should be able to blow them out.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We receive the kickoff and start driving immediately.

However, on the 4th play of the drive, Booty throws a pick to their MLB, and he returns it to the 30.

They drive 15 yards before we stop them, and they settle for a FG. 3-0 lead.

On our next drive, we throw a short pass to Jarrett. Then a short pass to Whitney Lewis. He spins from his defender and races 67 yards down the field for a TD. 7-3.

We force them to go 3 and out on their next drive.

Our next drive consists of a few short runs and one long pass to Jarrett for 44 yards. We can't convert a 3rd and 3 on the 21 when Bush is stuffed before he gets going. We kick a field goal from 37 yards out to make it 10-3.

Their next drive starts off well with a long pass to Vickers, and a few good runs. However, Jackson sacks their QB on our 30 and he fumbles the ball. Lua picks it up and runs 8 yards before Vickers catches him.

Jarrett catches a short pass for 4 yards. Then, Bush runs for 3. Then, he gets perfect blocking finds a seam and outruns their defense for a 58 yard TD run to make it 17-3. He really exploded through that hole.

End of 1st quarter: 17-3 lead for us.

2nd quarter:

We exchange a pair of lengthy but ultimately flawed drives that do nothing but eat up clock.

Our next drive, we convert a few 3rd downs thanks to catches by Fred Davis and Jarrett.

We go for it on 4th and 1 from the 28 figuring a 45 yard FG is a bit long for our kicker. They shock us by stopping us short!

They put together a lengthy drive that we finally stop at our own 19. They kick the 36 yard FG to make it 17-6.

We put together some good runs by Bush, a diving catch by Jarrett and work our way down the field. However, as we enter into their 30, Booty throws his second interception of the game. This one is to their DB.

End of half: 17-6 lead for us. We should be winning by a larger margin.

Their first drive ended early when Oscar Lua forced the HB to fumble. Williams recovered the fumble.

We managed to drive 12 yards, but couldn't get it in the endzone. We kicked a FG to make it 20-6.

Their next drive surprised us when on the 3rd play they ran a WR Screen that went for 74 yards before our CB, Gomez caught up to the receiver to tackle him on the 4. After 2 runs, they made it 20-13.

On the ensuing Kickoff, Bush had perfect blocking. He returned it 102 yards for a TD! 27-13.

Their next drive has the QB looking great thanks to his duo of impact WR's. Steptoe has 3 key catches including a 14 yard touchdown pass on a deep cross. 27-20.

End of 3: 27-20.

I decide to go with Bush in the slot and White in the backfield to pummel them inside some. First run, 5 yards for White. 2nd play 6 yard pass to Jarrett.

Next play, White runs for 2. Next play, Jarrett catches it for 3. 3rd and 5, they put pressure on Booty and the DE tips the pass.

We punt the ball. Their returner muffs the punt with no contact, and Gomez recovers on their 12!

We go back to Bush in the slot. 1st play White runs it with good blocking, he stiffarms the MLB. He runs over the SS and falls into the endzone for the TD! 34-20.

Jackson has a sack and a hurry to help hold them to 3 and out.

Our next drive consists of a few nice runs by Bush and a few by White before he tires.

On 1st and goal from the 6, we run a one back set, two TE's. Booty runs to his left on the option. They overplay Bush, and Booty runs it into the endzone. 41-20.

Their next drive consists of some more great catches by their WR's who march it down the field. However, their QB throws his first really bad pass on 1st and 10 from the 24. Brandon Ting intercepts it right inside the endzone, runs it out. Gets a great block by Jackson down field. He runs down the left side of the field. Vickers is gaining on him. He dives into the endzone just as Vickers is about to catch him! 101 yard TD Return! 48-20.

We force them to go 3 and out.

I bring in the 2nd team offense with 90 seconds left. We run the ball a few times and run out the clock.

Game over. 48-20 win.

Passing:

Booty 14 of 29 (48%) for 206 yards. 1 TD 2 INT, sacked 0 times.

Richard Kovalcheck 20 of 39 (51%) for 328 yards. 1 TD 1 INT. Sacked 5 times.

Rushing:

Bush 18 carries for 144 yards, 1 TD. 68 yards after the 1st hit.

Lendale White 9 carries for 54 yards. 1 TD.

John David Booty 5 carries for 21 yards, 1 TD.

Chris Henry 21 carries for 84 yards.

Receiving:

Dwayne Jarrett 7 catches for 105 yards. 0 drops!

Whitney Lewis 5 catches for 93 yards.

Fred Davis 2 catches for 12 yards.

Syndric Steptoe 7 catches for 124 yards, 1 TD.

Brandyn McCall 5 catches for 49 yards.

BJ Vickers 5 catches for 66 yards.

Leading Tacklers:

Darnell Bing 9 tackles.

Keith Rivers 8 tackles.

Oscar Lua 7 tackles.

Wilrey Fontenot 8 tackles.

Leading sacks:

Lawrence Jackson 2 sacks.

Gabe Long 1 sack.

Brandon Ting had our only interception.

Keil McDonald and James Alford had their interceptions.

Mario Danelo was 2 of 2 on FG's with a long of 31 yards.

Star of the Game:

Reggie Bush 144 rushing yards, 0 receiving yards, 229 return yards (on 6 returns), 2 total TD's.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-23-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other news from week 7:

Texas Tech crushes Mizzou 42-14 to remain in 1st in one of the polls.

With Young having a great game, Texas beats Oklahoma 48-28! This win elevates Texas to #3 in both polls.

NC State beats Georgia Tech 24-21 to hold onto 4th in both polls.

Notre Dame's QB Brady Quinn wins the Player of the Week award for the following line against Stanford:

26 of 32 passes, 453 yards, 8 TD!

Cal and USC are the only teams with no conference losses in the Pac-10 Now.

UCLA has 2 losses in conference play and is 2-3 overall.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-23-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at our recruits:

HB: Ross Harris has us in his final 3! Miami and Georgia are also in the mix. I schedule a visit for this upcoming week where we play 18th Ranked Oregon at home! I keep him at 25% of our time. I'm going to focus on our program's prestige during the visit.

CB: Carlos Marshall told me that he is impressed with our academics and that academics are important to him. We are 1st on his list this week. I keep him at 25%.

WR: Nick Burton told me he liked that we threw it a lot last week. He is hoping that he can replace Jarrett as our top receiver when Jarrett graduates. He has us 1st on his list. I keep him at 20%.

DE: Travis Hamilton told me that he thought Jackson is a heck of a player. He is hoping he can develop like that. We are 1st on his list. I keep him at 15%.

MLB: Reggie Wheeler is impressed with us. We are in his final 3 and on top of his list.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #89
General Mike
Pro Starter

You should have used Rutgers. At least it would have been a challenge then.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
You should have used Rutgers. At least it would have been a challenge then.

I always like to start with my Alma Mater, but there is a good chance that I will eventually do a Rutger's dynasty. I'm not sure yet if I will write it up.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #91
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglesfan27

this dynasty going to continue?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eaglesfan27

this dynasty going to continue?

Yes, but it will mostly be on my days off that this gets updated. It just takes so long to play and type out a summary of a game that I usually don't have the time/energy to do it on work nights. Fotunately, I'm off for the next 3 days and Mrs. Eaglesfan is out of town, so expect quite a few updates this weekend (very possibly finishing up the season this weekend.)

FM on the other hand, I can just plop down in my favorite chair and relax, play, and type with no fuss. That will be my dynasty of choice on nights after work (such as today.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-28-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 8:

Today we host #18 Oregon. We have star HB Ross Harris visting us during this game.

Oregon's lineup is talented:

QB: Dennis Dixon - 6'4 191. He is a very fast QB who can be a dual threat, but is more of a threat with his legs than his arm. Has a strong but inaccurate arm.

HB: Crhis Vincent - 6'1 226. He is a 5 year senior who is an impact HB. He has an excellent combination of speed and power. He could be very dangerous working the option with his speedy QB.

FB: Dante Rosario - 6'4 250. He is a very good FB who has good speed for his size. He is an excellent blocker for his position.

WR: Cameron Colvin - 6'2 197. The true junior is an impact WR who has more speed than anyone in my secondary. He also has excellent acceleration and agility. He has very good hands. He could put a hurt on us today.

WR: James Finley - 6'3 200. A good receiver with very good speed and good hands. Gets pushed around quite a bit considering his size.

TE: Ryan Kelling - 6'5 245. Redshirt Sophomore TE is average at everything.

The offensive line is decent with LT Geoff Schwartz being the standout blocker. He is 6'7 350 so he should be more dominanting than he is, but he is good.

Most of the defensive line is just average, but 5 year senior Haloti Ngata is a beast. He is 6'5 347 and he is mostly muscle. He is very strong, dominating. He is an impact DT who will require constant double teaming if we don't want him to shut down our offense.

The linebacking corp is not that good with true freshman MLB Johnny Carter standing out the most.

CB: Jackie Bates is 5'10 175 with good speed and good coverage abilities, but he isn't fast enough to keep up with Jarrett and he is their fastest DB.

FS: J.D. Nelson is a good FS who has good ball hawking skills.

SS: Marc Walker is a very good SS, but he is injured for at least a few more weeks.

Their kickers are just average at best.

We should be able to score against them. The question is can we stop their QB from running a lot. Also can we stop their impact HB and their good WR?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I bumped up defensive awareness by 2 clicks for both sides.

Our 1st drive went well until we got inside their 20 and Booty threw an interception to Ryan Gilliam, one of their corner backs.

Fortunately, on their 1st offensive play the QB threw a low pass that Lawrence Jackson batted to himself and intercepted.

Their Stud DT held us on 3rd and 1 and we had to settle for a 25 yard FG to make it 3-0.

Their next drive ended in an interception just across midfield as Brnadon ting made another excellent defensive play.

We ran the ball 3 times before calling a play action pass from a double TE position. Their SS was blitzing and Booty threw a perfect pass to Whitney Lewis for a 34 yard TD pass. That made it 10-0.

We stopped them after 5 or 6 good runs thanks to 2 sacks by Lawrence Jackson. He is coming close to breaking the school record for sacks in a season.

Our next drive was marked by a few runs and a good pass to Fred Davis our fast TE. He turned a 6 yard cross into a 34 yard gain. However, eventually their DT put pressure on us and we had to eventually settle for a 34 yard FG to make it 13-0.

They are putting together a nice drive as the quarter ends.

End of 1st quarter: 13-0 lead for USC.

They drove to our 35 but were finally stopped and punted it. They kicked it into the endzone.

On our first play from scrimmage, we came out in a 3 WR set. I handed it off to Bush, he had good blocking up front, he juked the Weak side linebacker, took an angle to the sideline, beat the safety there and used his speed to go 80 yards! TD! 20-0.

Their next drive is 3 and out.

We run Bush quite a few times and hit a few passes to Davis to drive us down the field.

On 3rd and 9 from the 17, I call a Bunch formation with 3 WR to the right and Jarrett to the left. Jarrett is double teamed. Booty throws the best pass I've ever seen as he throws a post pattern pass just over the linebacker and just under the safety to hit McFoy in stride for the 17 yard TD pass. 27-0.

Their next drive is a lengthy 16 play 72 yard drive in which their QB finally breaks away from my spy for a 9 yard run.

On this drive, he also uses his feet to buy time on 2 seperate plays including the 14 yard TD pass to Finley in the back of the endzone. 27-7.

We get the ball with 1:20 left and 77 yards to go.

First play is a 12 yard out to Jarrett.

1st and 10: Overthrows Fred Davis on an out.

2nd and 10: Overthrows (by a lot) Whitney Lewis on a deep out.

3rd and 10: 5 WR set. Booty sees Patrick Turner crossing underneath, he hits him in stride. Turner beats his man.. stiff arms another defender.. runs towards the sideline. Jarrett then gives a crushing block to the safety. Turner turns up the sideline and runs all the way for a 65 tard TD!!! 34-7.

On their next drive, I stop their first two passes. They run the ball on 3rd and 10 but convert it!

Then, they hit three underneath passes but are running out of time. They cross my 40 with 10 seconds left.

We foolishly call a prevent. They hit their WR on a deep fly for a 35 yard catch, and 2 DB's miss the tackle and he goes in for the TD. Finley with another TD reception. 34-14.

Halftime: 34-14.

They come out with 5 WR on their first play. Jackson pressures the QB and he throws it right to my dime CB Terrell Thomas.

Bush runs for 2 yards, Jarrett catches a 20 yard deep cross. However, they stop our next two runs.

On 3rd and goal from the 4, I call a pro set, WR outs. Both receivers are covered. Booty spots Bush underneath who snuck out of the Backfield late. Booty hits Bush for his 4th TD pass today. 41-14.

We stop them after 5 or 6 plays and they punt.

Our next drive is a beauty marked by a 3rd and 10 slant pattern to Jarrett in which he really used his body well.

We eventually had 1st and goal from the 1. They stopped Bush on the first play, a run up the middle.

On 2nd and 1, from the goalline set, we called a play action. They almost hit Booty before he threw, but he threw a lob to the right corner of the endzone. Patrick Turner used his big body perfectly to shield the defender and catch the ball! TD! 48-14.

This is one of those home games, where everything is working right.

Their next drive they go to the 50 or so before having to punt.

We get stuffed on two runs, then Booty throws an interception on 3rd and 7.

They drive to the 18, before trying a 35 yard FG. Their kicker misses it.

In our final drive for the first team, I put Bush in the slot and White at RB. White promptly responds with a 58 yard run in which he ran over the outside linebacker and almost beats the cornerbacks to the endzone before they finally caught him.

Two plays later, Booty runs the option, fakes the pitch, runs towards the endzone and gets clobbered by the safety just before he crosses the line. He fumbles it and they recover the ball and get it on the 20!

End of 3 quarters: 48-14. So much for having Booty leave on a positive note. I'll bring in both second teams after this drive by them.

They make 2 first downs, before we force them punt after failing to connect on a 3rd and 9 pass.

We proceed to put together a 16 play 75 yard drive in which White, Washington, Hendrix, and Hinds run the option, run plays up the middle, and generally run over the defense. Unfortunately, all of my backs are gassed as we get into the 10 yard line, and they stop us. We settle for a 25 yard FG to make it 51-14. We ate up over half of the quarter's clock.

Their second string offense can't do anything against my second strind defense. 3 and out.

We run the ball a few times to run out the 2 minutes left on the clock.

Game over. 51-14 win

Passing:

Booty 13 of 25 (52%) for 282 yards, 5 TD 2 INT, sacked 1 time.

Dennis Dixon 12 of 36 (33%) for 153 yards, 2 TD 3 INT, sacked 2 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush: 18 carries for 106 yards, 1 TD, long of 80.

Lendale White: 10 carries for 133 yards, long of 58. 90 yards after the 1st hit!

Rocky Hinds: 5 carries for 21 yards.

Chris Vincent (Oregon) 20 carries for 111 yards. Long of 20. 55 yards after the 1st hit.

Receiving:

Dwayne Jarrett 3 catches for 50 yards.

Fred Davis 3 catches for 70 yards.

Patrick Turner 3 catches for 83 yards and 2 TD's.

James Finley (Ore) 4 catches for 73 yards, 2 TD.

Garren Strong (Ore) 3 catches for 24 yards.

Leading Tacklers:

Will Harris 6 tackles for us.

Sedrick Ellis (DT) 6 tackles for us, 1 tackle for loss.

Jackie Bates (Ore - CB) 9 tackles

Haloti Ngata (Ore - DT) 8 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

Lawrence Jackson - 2 sacks.

Reggie Kerney (Ore), LB - 1 sack.

Leading Interceptions:

Lawrence Jackson, Terrell Thomas, and Brandon Ting all had 1 for us.

Jackie Bates and Ryan Gilliam each had 1 for them.

Kicking: Mario Danelo was 3 of 3 with a long of 32 yards officially.

Star of the Game:

Booty with 13 of 25 passes for 282 yards, 5 TD and 2 INT.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 8 news:

We are 1st in the new Bowl Rankings.

NC State was knocked off by Clemson 38-35. As a result, NC State drops out of the top 10.

Texas Tech was beat by CU, 38-31, and they drop to 8th in the polls.

Florida State was beat by UVA 28-24 to further drop them down the polls.

Top 10 Now:

1. USC 6-0
2. Texas 6-0
3. Florida 5-1
4. Iowa 5-1
5. Auburn 6-0!
6. Ohio State 5-1
7. Oklahoma 4-1
8. Texas Tech 4-1
9. Tenessee 4-2
10. Cal 4-2

Reggie Bush is definitely a hot name in the buzz around who might win the Heisman. The other big names are Vince Young and Adrian Peterson.

Trent Edwards of Stanford won player of the week after he helped Stanford beat Arizona State 66-31. Edwards threw for 400 yards and 8 TD's on 22 of 26 passing.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:09 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the recruits:

HB: Ross Harris really enjoyed his visit and has given us a soft verbal. I'm hoping some more attention can help us get a firm committment from him. I'll keep my time at 25%.

CB: Carlos Marshall told me that he wished he was at the stadium for our win this week. We continue to be #1 on his list. I continue to spend 25% of my recruiting time with him. We need this shut down corner when our front 7 starts leaving for the NFL next year.

WR: Nick Burton has told me that he really likes our team and we are in his final 3 along with Tennessee and Ohio State. Having learned my lessons from last year, I don't wait until week 12 to schedule him. I schedule him for a visit this upcoming week against Washington even though we have another recruit visiting the same day. I plan on pitching our program prestige this week and spending 20% of my recruiting time with him.

DE: Travis Hamilton has told me that he didn't really enjoy his unofficial visit to Georgia, but the media experts think that he is leaning towards Georgia more. However, we seem to be on top of his list. I continue to spend 15% of my time on recruiting him.

MLB: Reggie Wheeler is scheduled for a visit this upcoming week. I hope he likes Nick. I've gotten the feeling that he is really excited by our program's prestige and goals so I'll pitch that to him.