Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #151
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hrm. Just read the rules, and I can't just plain 'unvote,' or the vote stays. I have to have someone else to vote for. Thought I'd point this out for anyone else who might have missed it.

I'm not so sure Blade is the right person to lynch (who ever is sure of themselves on day 1?), but I don't have much else to go on. Let's take a look at st. cronin...

Apparently, his faction leader sent him a message. This message either directly told him to vote for ardent (I doubt this, but it's a possibility), or suggested someone to vote for in a more cryptic manner (and would explain the reading comprehension issue a little). This has to be an effort to identify members of his faction -- but how can any further votes be trusted? People could be piling on, especially after st. cronin explained his reasoning for the vote. Now everyone who votes ardent has a cover -- 'I was doing it because my faction leader said to.' This bears some watching.

Not neccesarily. I've already said I may switch my vote to Blade, which obviously means I haven't been told *who* to vote for, or that it makes no difference.

I realize I may be playing this a little bit too openly. At any rate, I don't think there is any danger of a dogpile on ardent.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #152
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
st. cronin also said that his faction leader hasn't posted yet, so we might be able to narrow it down some. and what role could blade have that would give him a reason to vote for someone even before night 0 happened?

I went through the list of roles before I voted...and can't fathom what it'd be. Unless I'm just totally oblivious, either he's voting based on past games, or he's lying through his teeth.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #153
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
st. cronin also said that his faction leader hasn't posted yet, so we might be able to narrow it down some.

Are you sure you want to ask that question...seems like a wolf question...just saying

NOW BACK TO LYNCHING ME DESPITE MY PROTESTS
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #154
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm glad I got that vote out there -- seems to have stirred up some debate (the villager's best friend in a werewolf game, usually). That being said...

Unvote Blade6119.
Vote Mr. Wednesday Execute.

After consideration, I see no reason for Blade to make a play like that if he were a bad guy.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #155
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
st. cronin also said that his faction leader hasn't posted yet, so we might be able to narrow it down some.?

Yea, I REALLY don't like that question...

VOTE McSweeny JAIL
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #156
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Maybe, but why does that mean you should believe him?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #157
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm glad I got that vote out there -- seems to have stirred up some debate (the villager's best friend in a werewolf game, usually). That being said...

Unvote Blade6119.
Vote Mr. Wednesday Execute.

After consideration, I see no reason for Blade to make a play like that if he were a bad guy.

While i appreciate you believing me, i ask you not to go the wednesday route right now...i have something that could be damning of him or could screw me over too...i put it out there to see what he does, and i dont really want an innocent to die(which he could be). Just saying
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #158
Vince
Pro Starter

Doesn't talking about 'making him talk' defeat the purpose of the play?

For now, I guess I'm going to leave my vote on him -- I see no other candidates, and if I continually switch my vote, that looks rather foolish.

Pass -- I've deduced (though he's trying to convince me not to now) that I should believe him. Not much more to it than that. Also, now that I've voted, I have to have someone voted for at all times, so I can't just say 'unvote blade,' because that wouldn't (according to the rules) change my vote at all.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #159
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Are you sure you want to ask that question...seems like a wolf question...just saying

NOW BACK TO LYNCHING ME DESPITE MY PROTESTS
not at all, it just seems to me that if his faction leader had indeed told him who to vote for, he wouldn't be the only one voting to execute ardent right? There should be a few more votes coming down for ardent if st. cronin's faction leader shared his information with the entire faction and until more votes come down for ardent we should at least keep in mind that it could be a wolfish move by st. cronin. That's all i was trying to get at
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #160
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll back McSweeny on this one a little bit:

I'm interested in knowing who the other faction leader(s) is/are, since they are known nobles and because they are secondary opposition.

My biggest interest is figuring out who is part of my faction, but figuring out the other roles (both assassins and other factions) isn't too far behind.

Thus, I don't think that trying to deduce who the other faction leader is particularly wolfish behavior. Sure it benefits a wolf to know this, but if the blackmail is a Night 0 only opportunity, then is there really any greater value of this noble versus another noble for the wolves? If they take down the faction leader another person in the faction will assume his mantle - it isn't like the faction goes without a leader. Unless I'm really not recalling the rules very well, which is possible on Day 1 ....
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 PM   #161
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

I'm interested in knowing who the other faction leader(s) is/are, since they are known nobles and because they are secondary opposition.

My biggest interest is figuring out who is part of my faction, but figuring out the other roles (both assassins and other factions) isn't too far behind.

Thus, I don't think that trying to deduce who the other faction leader is particularly wolfish behavior. Sure it benefits a wolf to know this, but if the blackmail is a Night 0 only opportunity, then is there really any greater value of this noble versus another noble for the wolves? If they take down the faction leader another person in the faction will assume his mantle - it isn't like the faction goes without a leader. Unless I'm really not recalling the rules very well, which is possible on Day 1 ....

What do you mean, 'other' faction leader(s)? Do we know one?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:22 PM   #162
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
So that would make your faction leader Mr. Wednesday?
It's the other way around -- ardent has a rule to kill me, but I don't have a rule to kill ardent.

(Except sometimes when I'm a wolf (or an assassin, or mafioso, or whatever).)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #163
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, everyone who is a noble should know the identity of their faction leader. I know that I'm aware of my faction leader. I know that I received a message last night.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #164
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Is blackmail a night 0 only option? I'm going to go re-read the rules to find out.

If so, wouldn't it behoove the nobles to wipe out the leaders early, if only to avoid the potential of a blackmailed noble leader? The point penalty would be severe, but the reward would be great. I'm not suggesting it as a potential course of action yet, but as a source of discussion. Would this be a plausible strategy?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #165
Vince
Pro Starter

Completely ignore the post above -- I hadn't fully read the blackmail rules yet.

So they could have blackmailed anyone. Hrm.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #166
Vince
Pro Starter

Double dola --

I'm probably not going to be around much tomorrow -- I open at work, and am not usually an early riser. So I probably won't be online until after work (~4:30 PST), and then I have a softball playoff game tomorrow night. So I'll have to slog through everything, and then put a vote in.

If I'm still alive, that is -- you never can tell what's going to happen.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #167
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, everyone who is a noble should know the identity of their faction leader. I know that I'm aware of my faction leader. I know that I received a message last night.

Thanks. I thought one might have been outed publicly.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #168
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

:sigh: I haven't played a ww game in a while and I forgot how confusing things get sometimes.

If I read correctly, blade voting for Wednesday is to fish out somebody. st.cronin is voting based on something he deduced from a pm and the other votes seem to be because blade cast the first stone.

I have no idea who to vote for.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #169
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I'm out of here in a few minutes, and until then I'm going to be paying bills and other such nonsense. So good luck tonight gentlemen -- looks like I'm sticking with Mr. Wednesday.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #170
hoopsguy
General Manager

Time to start thinking about a vote ...

I've got nothing for or against the people involved in the voting patterns so far:
1.) Blade vs MrW
2.) Cronin vs Ardent
Has anyone else received votes besides Blade, MrW, and AE?

I'm starting to form an initial circle of trust but I don't see any value-add in discussing it within this forum since that would provide linkage to my faction. I'm not inclined to cast a vote for the silent guy because I don't believe that wolves take the first day off from posting (Desnudo, Pennywise, and RPI are beneficiaries of this belief). So removing my early trust group, the four finger-pointers, and three silent guys I'm left with a little less than half the group to choose from.

Random number generator at this point would be nearly as strong an argument as I have for picking the person I ended up choosing. Hopefully it helps with auditing voting patterns later and in an ideal world would lead to an assassin lynch.

EXECUTE DUBB93

And, just to set the record straight, it has zero to do with our last werewolf game where I felt like he played a very good game as a villager. In fact, that thought almost kept me from firing my initial vote in this direction. But post #141 "You guys seem to have actually gotten good messages from your leader, all I got was my leader wanting to be crowned." left me a little anxious. At this point I think there are only two factions and that your leader message doesn't seem to gel with anything other people have posted up until now.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I will count all such votes before now but make sure the vote is the last thing int he post. It makes it FAR easier for me to count votes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #172
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
And, just to set the record straight, it has zero to do with our last werewolf game where I felt like he played a very good game as a villager. In fact, that thought almost kept me from firing my initial vote in this direction. But post #141 "You guys seem to have actually gotten good messages from your leader, all I got was my leader wanting to be crowned." left me a little anxious. At this point I think there are only two factions and that your leader message doesn't seem to gel with anything other people have posted up until now.

Well, if you can trust me on this one hoops...I CAN (and will) back up dubb's statement, now that you brought it up. I must of glossed over it the first time around.

But, the message from my faction leader was indeed a "let's get me crowned" message. I'll go out on a limb and stick my neck out for dubbs here.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #173
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That's interesting, hoopsguy. I didn't notice that post by dubb. Should we ask for people in his faction to defend him (I mean, other people should have received the same message).

Also, I might add, that I've only seen one person follow the instructions my leader has given. So my guess is there are more than just two factions.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #174
Vince
Pro Starter

hoops -- not sure if this will change your vote at all, but here are my thoughts on the factions.

Two different possibilities here --
  • 2 Factions: 7, 7 and 4 Assassins.
  • 3 Factions: 5, 5, 5 and 3 Assassins.

I have come to the conclusion that there are 3 different factions, and the assassins. Four assassins to start seems incredibly stacked towards the assassins, as they are assured of at least 2 possible converts (Fast Talkers) and one potential blackmail, making a total of 7 Assassins possible at one time. I think that's just too much.

On top of that, the assassins can 'get tired' of fast talkers -- I don't think that would come into play with only two potential fast talkers, so I would assume there are three -- one for each faction. I guess this doesn't include the possibility that there are additional fast talkers beyond the guaranteed one per faction, but I still think there are three factions.

Any other reasons to execute Dubb other than post #141?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #175
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And further, while I'm not going to change my vote yet (because I don't for the life of me have any idea WHO to vote for now), I now think I have figured out why Blade voted how he did and when he did, and believe him to be on the up and up. If I'm not just second/third/fourth guessing myself, it was/is a badass strategy.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #176
Joe
Pro Starter

I don't really know who to vote for, but fishing for faction leaders appears a bit wolfish, so

vote execute mcsweeney
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #177
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
hoops -- not sure if this will change your vote at all, but here are my thoughts on the factions.

Two different possibilities here --
  • 2 Factions: 7, 7 and 4 Assassins.
  • 3 Factions: 5, 5, 5 and 3 Assassins.

I doubt everyone has posted, but it seems like my faction has only 3. If 18 gives us a special balance number, maybe 5 factions of 3 and 3 assassins?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #178
Joe
Pro Starter

question for barkeep: are all of the deadlines going to be 12 hours from night to end of voting stage?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #179
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
And further, while I'm not going to change my vote yet (because I don't for the life of me have any idea WHO to vote for now), I now think I have figured out why Blade voted how he did and when he did, and believe him to be on the up and up. If I'm not just second/third/fourth guessing myself, it was/is a badass strategy.

The only thing I could think of was the post where Barkeep was trolling for night actions. But then I realized that even nobles have night actions. So I'm back at square one with him.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #180
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
question for barkeep: are all of the deadlines going to be 12 hours from night to end of voting stage?
Day 1 was an exception becuase it is typically a slow day and so I wanted to get us past it. There will generally be about 24 hours from the start of a Day cycle to an execution; I wanted a more slow paced game not only for my sanity but to try and allow people with slightly busier schedules more of a chance to play. There will be about 12 hours from the Start of a Night Cycle to the start of a Day cycle.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #181
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sigh. I hate to pile onto anyone right now, but the only even REMOTE suggestion that clicks with me at this point is the twitch from McSweeny. I feel confident I've figured out that Blade fiasco, and as I've got mostly jack anywhere else...

(and for anyone questioning execute instead of jail...I don't believe jailtime serves us any purpose right now. We need SOME sort of real voting record to work with.)

Unvote Blade

Vote McSweeney Execute
Old 12-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Got a lot of catching up to do! I'm on post 80!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #183
Vince
Pro Starter

Honestly, I think the voting record would be fine from the jail votes as well -- it just doesn't tell us anything because we don't find out who/what the jailbird was.

Pass -- when you say three in your faction, are you including yourself and your leader? So you've only identified one other person?

Also, for Barkeep -- how are you determining first votes when people change their vote? Each vote is it's own entity (ie, I vote for X as the first vote, and he is a noble, then I change to Y as a first vote for him, and HE is a noble as well, do I get both penalties?), or is the final vote that I make in one day the only one that affects my points?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #184
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm going to be late for work because of Werewolf again. Sweet. I'm out for real now guys, have a good one!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #185
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Day 1 was an exception becuase it is typically a slow day and so I wanted to get us past it. There will generally be about 24 hours from the start of a Day cycle to an execution; I wanted a more slow paced game not only for my sanity but to try and allow people with slightly busier schedules more of a chance to play. There will be about 12 hours from the Start of a Night Cycle to the start of a Day cycle.

Cool, thanks. I thought I read 24 hours somewhere. I had FOFC access from work for all of a week until they figured out the new server address and got it blocked. So I am now unavailable from 8 to 5 CST, hope its not a big problem.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #186
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Got a lot of catching up to do! I'm on post 80!
Anyone got a Cliff Notes before I start browsing?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #187
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Cool, thanks. I thought I read 24 hours somewhere. I had FOFC access from work for all of a week until they figured out the new server address and got it blocked. So I am now unavailable from 8 to 5 CST, hope its not a big problem.
I am essentially unavailable most days AT LEAST from 9 to 5 CST, so I hear you.

Quote:
Also, for Barkeep -- how are you determining first votes when people change their vote? Each vote is it's own entity (ie, I vote for X as the first vote, and he is a noble, then I change to Y as a first vote for him, and HE is a noble as well, do I get both penalties?), or is the final vote that I make in one day the only one that affects my points?

You only get the penalty for your final vote. The timing is purely used as a tiebreaker mechanism.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #188
Joe
Pro Starter

as far as factions go, I have identifed 3 total people in mine (including myself), based on last night's message. so I think we are looking at smaller factions of a high number.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #189
McSweeny
College Starter

so i just went through and counted up the votes we have so far

McSweeny - Coffee Warlord, GWB, Dubb
Mr. Wednesday - Vince, Blade
Blade - Pass
Ardent Enthusiast - st. cronin
Dubb - Hoopsguy

and i think that's what we've got so far
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #190
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wow, someone's voted for me already?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #191
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
My message was confusing but I interpret it thusly:

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST EXECUTE

This does not mean I have changed my mind about jail vs. lynching: I am just going by what my faction leader has suggested.

Oh Shizzle. I'd love to see that message.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #192
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Oh Shizzle. I'd love to see that message.

Don't take this to mean anybody has any ideas about you. I don't know anybody that wants you jailed or executed.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #193
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
It's the other way around -- ardent has a rule to kill me, but I don't have a rule to kill ardent.

(Except sometimes when I'm a wolf (or an assassin, or mafioso, or whatever).)
Uh oh.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #194
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Don't take this to mean anybody has any ideas about you. I don't know anybody that wants you jailed or executed.

Time for me to breathe a sigh of relief. I just finished everything as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #195
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

While I go start dinner...has anyone NOT posted anything yet?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #196
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I will now vote. Blade, this has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Vote Blade6119 execute
Old 12-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #197
saldana
Pro Starter

this is a tough day, lots more stuff than a typical game. i am still not too sure about dubb's comment, but i like mcsweeny's bit of fishing about blades role even less. it seems to me that he is trying very hard to identify everyone in a very obvious way.

VOTE MCSWEENEY EXECUTE
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #198
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I hate my options right now. I'm not convinced McSweeny is trying to draw out faction leaders, I don't know what's going on with Blade.

VOTE DUBB93 JAIL

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #199
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I hate my options right now. I'm not convinced McSweeny is trying to draw out faction leaders, I don't know what's going on with Blade.

VOTE DUBB93 JAIL

I like this vote.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #200
McSweeny
College Starter

alright, i guess i've got to act in self-preservation mode now huh? Blade's reasoning was rather cryptic and his vote was alarmingly quick. There's too much of this "i know something you guys don't and i won't be telling you or doing anything to alleviate your fears" for my liking. So with that....

VOTE BLADE6119 EXECUTE

Last edited by McSweeny : 12-05-2005 at 06:45 PM.