Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #251
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Saldana,

You don't get it. The upside in my ability comes from the fact that, if I am verified, then we basically have a very hard time losing the game. I can't be killed by wolves. The idea that the utility in my role comes form the chance that the wovles might waste a turn on me is silly. That is of relatively minor importance.

We're on the 20th or so WW and people still play the game very poorly. The wolves have all the info and the villagers have none. Yet every game, the villagers hide their info and waste too many early game turns. My value is that I am unkillable. That should be known early in the game. If I waited until the middle of the game and suddenly revealed when I was about to get lynched, no one would believe me. That's why I revealed now.

To repeat, I cannot be killed by wolves. The only way I can be killed is if you screw up. That's why I want to get scanned. I'll be here, and everyone knows my story. It can be verified. No one else has supplied the villagers with any useful info yet, except perhaps GE. I can't understand why this is how you would want to respond to that.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #252
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So Bullet and RealDeal have the most votes now with me and Mustang the only other ones with more than one? It looks like my vote is being wasted right now, but I'm not sure where to shift it...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #253
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Most of the examples you cite played quietly on Day 1, though. Also, when was the fake reveal on Day 1? That's an idiotic play that I don't think has ever happened.

all the more reason to suspect it, imo.

something blade touched on a few posts up, and that i have been thinking all day...this is far from RD's first game, dont make the mistake of thinking he is a rookie just because some of you havent played with him before...giving up your role like that on day one is something i would excuse from a newer player...realdeal is NOT a newer player...he has been in a number of these and IIRC, has done rather well for himself....why not do it on day 1, when no one would expect it.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #254
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Most of the examples you cite played quietly on Day 1, though. Also, when was the fake reveal on Day 1? That's an idiotic play that I don't think has ever happened.
Im talking when they were bad, not today. I couldnt shut up when i was bad.

I did a fake role reveal on day one, and im pretty sure it happend a few times before me(especially in the days of peregrine). Its not idiotic, has look whats happened. He has earned trust with a power that cant be tested. Also, if bad and a seer scans him, they gain a dead seer after revealing on him. So either hes trusted, takes a seer with him, or we lynch him today. Seems smart to me.

To be cute, everytime a wolf says he is a good guy/villager its a role reveal. Note carefully he has claimed a role/power that cannot be verified. Its a pretty solid reveal. Only way to discredit it, is to reveal key villager roles who scanned him.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #255
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

how are we suppose to verify you w/o drawing out our seer?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #256
st.cronin
General Manager

More and more I think that RealDeal is good, but trying to pull the wool over the bad guys eyes. That makes the most sense to me. I also think he's going to get lynched.

*sigh*

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #257
Fouts
College Starter

Good post RD. You are high on my trust list now.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #258
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Saldana,

You don't get it. The upside in my ability comes from the fact that, if I am verified, then we basically have a very hard time losing the game. I can't be killed by wolves. The idea that the utility in my role comes form the chance that the wovles might waste a turn on me is silly. That is of relatively minor importance.

We're on the 20th or so WW and people still play the game very poorly. The wolves have all the info and the villagers have none. Yet every game, the villagers hide their info and waste too many early game turns. My value is that I am unkillable. That should be known early in the game. If I waited until the middle of the game and suddenly revealed when I was about to get lynched, no one would believe me. That's why I revealed now.

To repeat, I cannot be killed by wolves. The only way I can be killed is if you screw up. That's why I want to get scanned. I'll be here, and everyone knows my story. It can be verified. No one else has supplied the villagers with any useful info yet, except perhaps GE. I can't understand why this is how you would want to respond to that.

this is an outstanding cover story....did Horus the traitor help you write it?

the reason you cannot be killed by the wolves is because you are one.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #259
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
Exactly my point...you either trust him blindly or have a seer have to come out and reveal. Either way he benefits. His claim cant be verified by ingame reasons.

Note, the one player we have who can kill bad guys outside of lynch is who they want you to kill...smart
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
More and more I think that RealDeal is good, but trying to pull the wool over the bad guys eyes. That makes the most sense to me. I also think he's going to get lynched.

*sigh*
Highly unlikely...we have to wing 2...1 for a tie, which fouts will break to bullet...hes quite safe, sadly
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #261
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
all the more reason to suspect it, imo.

I want you to think about that logic for a minute. A move which INVARIABLY draws lynch attention on days 2 and up, made on day 1 when everybody is dying to find a reason to lynch somebody, anybody ... and a wolf makes that move? I know that in this game sometimes the bad play is the good play, but the insane play? The suicidal play?

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #262
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Highly unlikely...we have to wing 2...1 for a tie, which fouts will break to bullet...hes quite safe, sadly

Sorry, I believe in KISS. It makes no sense for a wolf to do this on day 1 with no votes on him.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #263
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hence why i think you need to vote realdeal..bullet is dying for a bs reason, while the one true suspect is getting off clean

Ya.. I can't disagree there. I don't fully understand the scanning this on the first night. (realdeal, feel free to explain.. probably just 1st day paranoia) I'd imagine that any seer in this game would be a psyker and to use your psychic abilities, one has to draw upon the warp.. (warp=chaos). In the game you can fail in your use of psychic abilities and be killed as demons enter you so, I suppose it is possible that if a Chaos person was scanned, it wouldn't work at the seer could be destroyed or turned..

Now.. granted, I'm taking alot of liberties here from my knowledge of 40k and translating theory to this game...

Probably just overthinking it myself... still...

Unvote Kingfc22
Vote Realdeal
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #264
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
we cant...thats why it is a solid move for a wolf, but a poor one for a villager.

if i had gotten the role he is claiming, i would be trying to draw the wolves to me, not chasing them away....drop hints that you are the seer, make them try to eat me and fail...thats what a blessed should do...not tell them 5 minutes into the game not to waste their turn trying.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #265
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Sorry, I believe in KISS. It makes no sense for a wolf to do this on day 1 with no votes on him.

You are thinking exactly the way I am.

I will say this: When RealDeal comes up clean, look for wolves amongst those who voted for somebody else. The wolves are just going to let you guys lynch him.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:37 PM   #266
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Unvote BrianD
Vote realdeal

We have other primarchs if realdeal sacrafices his soul for the emporer.
Its much better to keep bulletsponge down the road based on role alone.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #267
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I have to do this for self-preservation. The first turn of the game a guy says he can't be killed by wolves. You could kill me anytime and yet a bunch of you want to vote to kill the guy who claims to be unkillable by wolves? Even if you thought I might be a wolf, it's an idiotic play.

Honestly, I can't believe you guys. Except for Blade, of course, I can believe it from him.

unvote Mustang
vote Bullet
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #268
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Even if you thought I might be a wolf, it's an idiotic play.

/agree

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #269
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's why I want to get scanned. I'll be here, and everyone knows my story. It can be verified. No one else has supplied the villagers with any useful info yet, except perhaps GE. I can't understand why this is how you would want to respond to that.

I don't understand what scanning will accomplish? Then the seer has to reveal that he has scanned you which makes him public enemy #1 to the forces of Chaos..

Unless I'm missing something..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #270
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Except for Blade, of course, I can believe it from him
.....i dont need to be provoked, so dont. Cut out the personal attacks now....
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #271
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Let me repeat, even if you think I am a wolf, if you are a villager, why on earth would you kill the guy who claims his ability is that he can't be killed by wolves on the first turn of the game????
Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #272
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Current Day 1 Vote Count

bulletsponge 5 - AlanT, Fouts, Swaggs, SirFozzie, RealDeal
RealDeal 4 - saldana, path12, Blade, Greyroofoo
Anxiety 1 - twothree, st.cronin
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
kingfc22 1 - Mustang
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
Chief Rum 1 - bulletsponge
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

Yet To Vote: GoldenEagle, Anxiety

19 minutes to deadline.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #273
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Let me repeat, even if you think I am a wolf, if you are a villager, why on earth would you kill the guy who claims his ability is that he can't be killed by wolves on the first turn of the game????
Over a guy who can actually KILL wolves...even if your both honest, his power is far more useful in the search for victory. You are just a nice # in the ratio.

Your role had power, until you revealed. If true, your useless...if bad, your useless.
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #274
Fouts
College Starter

Somebody made a post last game or the game before that people want to be the hero sniffing out the bluff. Even when they are dead wrong.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #275
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:

because why should we believe anything a wolf says?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #276
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Over a guy who can actually KILL wolves...even if your both honest, his power is far more useful in the search for victory. You are just a nice # in the ratio.

Your role had power, until you revealed. If true, your useless...if bad, your useless.

You don't actually know what bullet's role IN THE GAME is. (title <=> role) And even if you are comfortable assuming that you know his role, there is no shortage of equally appealing candidates.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #277
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

honestly, i dont trust anyone that calls out the seer on the first day of the game, which is essentially what you are doing with your "reveal"
Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #278
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Current Day 1 Vote Count

RealDeal 4 - saldana, path12, Blade, Greyroofoo
Anxiety 1 - twothree, st.cronin
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
kingfc22 1 - Mustang
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

19 minutes to deadline.

Clarification: Does Anxiety have 1 or 2 votes?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #279
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Correction a vote switch was unnoted.

Current Day 1 Vote Count

RealDeal 5 - saldana, path12, Blade, Greyroofoo, Mustang
Anxiety 2 - twothree, st.cronin
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

17 minutes to deadline.

Last edited by tanglewood : 08-29-2006 at 07:45 PM.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #280
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Somebody made a post last game or the game before that people want to be the hero sniffing out the bluff. Even when they are dead wrong.
And no one wants the be the guy that blindly followed the bluff, looking like a fool as they kill of the useful roles(or last game our only public COT, one by one).
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #281
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE ALAN T
Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #282
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i hardly want to be the hero Fouts, i just dont buy this whole routine...and i also find it rather BS like that all day long, realdeal had nothing to say, but when a few votes started falling his way, he suddenly is posting every other line. all of this smells to me.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #283
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

You have Anxiety listed as having 1 vote, but you have two names......
Old 08-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #284
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You don't actually know what bullet's role IN THE GAME is. (title <=> role) And even if you are comfortable assuming that you know his role, there is no shortage of equally appealing candidates.
Bullet, PROB. our assasin, is getting killed for acting totally different then last game when he was a wolf(when he was quiet, non-confrontational). Realdeal, who you are too new to remember(which is saying something, as you have been around for awhile) makes a move thats within what i consider his wolf profile, and im an idiot.

If you want to go to a third party canidate, fine. But i see no reason anyone is a better suspect then realdeal right now.
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #285
saldana
Pro Starter

well goldeneagle, that was certainly not helpful to any cause
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #286
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
VOTE ALAN T
Well thats odd..GE, you smell Alan? Why him over real or bullet?
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #287
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well goldeneagle, that was certainly not helpful to any cause

I was thinking that too...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #288
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SO hard to choose who to vote for

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #289
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Bullet, PROB. our assasin, is getting killed for acting totally different then last game when he was a wolf(when he was quiet, non-confrontational). Realdeal, who you are too new to remember(which is saying something, as you have been around for awhile) makes a move thats within what i consider his wolf profile, and im an idiot.

If you want to go to a third party canidate, fine. But i see no reason anyone is a better suspect then realdeal right now.

There is no evidence outside your imagination that bullet has an "assasin" role in this game.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #290
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will say this: When RealDeal comes up clean, look for wolves amongst those who voted for somebody else. The wolves are just going to let you guys lynch him.

cronin, if RD comes up clean, this will probably prove to be the most intelligent post of the day
Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #291
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
There is no evidence outside your imagination that bullet has an "assasin" role in this game.
He has claimed it himself
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #292
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
why would the Assassins leader be a badie, that would make the wolves way to powerful, capable of many kills everynight. dont lynch me, you will regret not having my sweet assassins around when we get several badie suspect around
For st. cronin, who believes this is not evidence yet realdeal's claims must be fact
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #293
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Greyroofoo
Vote RealDeal

I hope you guys are right.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #294
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am very much with Fouts, except for his suspicion of bullet. I don't think he's that suspicious.

UNVOTE BRIAND

VOTE ANXIETY

Gut + logic

Gut on Day One when I am away most of the day with heavy Staff training + date night? Logic in teh same situation?

That's silly. At least twothree had the balls to say that voting for me was a random vote.

Vote St. Cronin

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #295
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

"The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum" to me SCREAMS assassin
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #296
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Gut on Day One when I am away most of the day with heavy Staff training + date night? Logic in teh same situation?

That's silly. At least twothree had the balls to say that voting for me was a random vote.

Vote St. Cronin
again, with what is on the table, this is not helpful
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #297
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
For st. cronin, who believes this is not evidence yet realdeal's claims must be fact

I thought bullet later retracted that claim?

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #298
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Unvote Greyroofoo
Vote RealDeal

I hope you guys are right.
I rather hope so too. I think he is the best risk/reward pick we can make. His role was now useless if good, and if bad we have a line to follow
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #299
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
again, with what is on the table, this is not helpful
BrianD put real in the lead, so anxiety, despite not knowing it at the time, made a vote of little relevance.
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #300
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Alan T

Vote BrianD