Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #351
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Dola Brian D. too. High on my wolf list.

If we are wrong, I'll apologise. Actually I probably won't, but I'll feel badly that we made the mistake. I think you might have been better served to try to draw the Chaos attack on yourself and prove your role that way...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #352
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

tangle was a good choice? Confused.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:31 PM   #353
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

For some reason, the annoncement has materialised itself on the previous page.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #354
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
tangle was a good choice? Confused.
he meant bulletsponge
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #355
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
what was the better option fouts, the blind shot in the dark?

there was a logical argument for voting for realdeal, and he didnt help his own cause in the least bit by ignoring/evading questions all day.

what was your logical argument for bulletsponge?

The move by realdeal would only be made by a villager. In that case, anyone else is a better choice.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #356
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
What frustrates me is that even if you thought I was a wolf, why kill a guy who claims to be so valuable to the good guys on THE FIRST FUCKING TURN OF THE GAME??? You have the whole game to kill me. I tell you that the only way I can die is if the villagers screw up, and so they screw up the first chance they get.
A guy who can assasinate wolves is not valuable? He claimed that on day one. You both claimed something, his was verifiable and likely, yours was not. What better option did we have? I know your mad, and you will prob. attack me personally again, but i didnt not see a SINGLE piece of evidence presented against any candiate but you. Your asking me to ignore all that, and kill a guy who is more valuable role wise then you, which didnt make sene to me. Hence my vote
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #357
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have more post stamp problems with hte board? Damn

Old 08-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #358
st.cronin
General Manager

Here's a hint, guys: The bad guys are going to make it HARD to find them, not EASY.

/slams head against his desk

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #359
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Now that I'm dead, I'll shut up. BUt one last meta-pot to Saldana. I posted about six times in response to your accusations. I didn't feel like I need to post ten more times all through the day saying the same thing over and over. At the time, I honestly couldn't believe that anyone else would be dumb enough to vote for me, so I wasn't worried.

Anyway, I'm dead, so no more from me. It's hard for me to say this after such a big fuck-up, but Go Good Guys!
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #360
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

damn i forgot about the vote and just came back. i see poor ol realdeal is the poor soul to get the axe. im betting hes good because we only kill good guys with the first vote. i can say i am with the good guys, im not mutant or the other bad guys whos name escapes me.

and for clarity, my role can assassinate some fools. since im a good guy i will target the badies, but wont execute my powers unless i have a good idea of whom to target. i cant wiley niley attack fools, because i have rules i have to follow and if i screw up it would be bad for us
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #361
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

After the intial shock has died down, path12 strides up to st.cronin and whispers in his ear. He nods and then path announces to the council that st.cronin will be spending the night in a high security cell.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:35 PM   #362
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

dola, realdeal was the only one I had reason to vote for and as I've said before, there ARE other primarchs. Thus, making him expendable.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #363
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
A guy who can assasinate wolves is not valuable? He claimed that on day one. You both claimed something, his was verifiable and likely, yours was not. What better option did we have? I know your mad, and you will prob. attack me personally again, but i didnt not see a SINGLE piece of evidence presented against any candiate but you. Your asking me to ignore all that, and kill a guy who is more valuable role wise then you, which didnt make sene to me. Hence my vote

On day one, there is never any evidence against anyone. Everybody looks for anything they can call evidence, but it is really just a random guess. More often than not, we screw up, and it always sucks for the first to go.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #364
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

and yall know what pisses me off? i have to power to assassinate but the person i want to kill the most isnt playing this game! Damn you Chubby! you escape me again!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #365
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
The move by realdeal would only be made by a villager. In that case, anyone else is a better choice.

i guess this is where we disagree....i thought it could have been a brilliant move by a wolf, which would have carried him very far if not all the way through the game.

the only defense RD offered was that the wolves couldnt win if they couldnt kill him because they would never get to 1:1 ratio....that was totally false...how may games have we been in where there have been 3 or 4 players left at the end, and the only person left standing at the end was the last wolf....he wasted his ability, as i have stated already....imo, he should have been trying to draw the wolves to him at night, thus protecting the people that were not safe.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #366
st.cronin
General Manager

lol

So, uh ... what does that mean?

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #367
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
lol

So, uh ... what does that mean?
It means your safe from attack tonight, and also barred from going out and attacking. Either way its good for the villagers. Interesting he didnt put 2 in, but i suppose he had his own agenda this meets.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #368
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Sigh...

I said RealDeal was not chaos.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #369
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Sigh...

I said RealDeal was not chaos.
Did you know for sure with your role? If so, trumpet it...i saw you say nothing official today other then you smelled a chaos. Where did you say this?
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #370
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

By the way, just to clear any air....

Unvote bulletsponge
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #371
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
i guess this is where we disagree....i thought it could have been a brilliant move by a wolf, which would have carried him very far if not all the way through the game.

the only defense RD offered was that the wolves couldnt win if they couldnt kill him because they would never get to 1:1 ratio....that was totally false...how may games have we been in where there have been 3 or 4 players left at the end, and the only person left standing at the end was the last wolf....he wasted his ability, as i have stated already....imo, he should have been trying to draw the wolves to him at night, thus protecting the people that were not safe.

I don't remember him making that specific defense. Either way, I agree that it was a dumb play on his part, but strongly disagree that lynching him was a good play. It was incredibly obvious to me that he was clean.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #372
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
It means your safe from attack tonight, and also barred from going out and attacking. Either way its good for the villagers. Interesting he didnt put 2 in, but i suppose he had his own agenda this meets.

am i missing something, where does it say he can put 2 in?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #373
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't remember him making that specific defense. Either way, I agree that it was a dumb play on his part, but strongly disagree that lynching him was a good play. It was incredibly obvious to me that he was clean.
Then i cant wait to be a wolf with you a villager...i think one game i pulled like 4 role reveals out my ass in a row, and people assumed it was soo outlandish and crazy i had to be clean...good ole reporters assistant lol. Just becuase something is crazy, dont disregard it...especially from someone of realdeals experience
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #374
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i believe cronin himself said it. However the wolf can still kill the other person in the cell.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #375
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That is correct. I just had a very strong gut feeling that Real Deal was not chaos. I have no special powers and never declared him to be anything. I made a defense in his corner and it turned out he was one of us. That is all there is.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #376
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

dola
I mean path not cronin
Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #377
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
2 posts he made in a row
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I am here to faithfully serve the Emperor.

Let's kick the discussion off. Who needs protecting most? I have a two person high security cell for use at night.

Offhand I believe st cronin is the only one who knows the entire procedure for keeping the Emperor alive and it seems to me would be a prime candidate for security. I have to go through the roles again but want to get anybody elses thoughts about protection and who most needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
One caveat upon rereading the role. It may be the case that the two in the cell can interact with each other, so obviously caution will be needed. Do we know if mutants can convert? If not, then we would only have to worry about putting Chaos in the cell with non-Chaos.
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #378
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal in post 251
The upside in my ability comes from the fact that, if I am verified, then we basically have a very hard time losing the game.

this was the only justification he gave for why his reveal was such a brilliant move
Old 08-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #379
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Then i cant wait to be a wolf with you a villager...i think one game i pulled like 4 role reveals out my ass in a row, and people assumed it was soo outlandish and crazy i had to be clean...good ole reporters assistant lol. Just becuase something is crazy, dont disregard it...especially from someone of realdeals experience

You won't have the sack to pull a move like that on day 1 as a bad guy. And even if you did, you'd get lynched anyway.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #380
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

how much bullshit did you spew in the Lost game when you were the black fog....
Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #381
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You won't have the sack to pull a move like that on day 1 as a bad guy. And even if you did, you'd get lynched anyway.
I won that game and i was bad...im just saying, dont throw things like that out. Dubb's reveal where it ended up killing 3 villagers was soo ballsy we all kinda just said ok...im just saying, if you dont buy crazy plots, then i pray im a wolf next game
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #382
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
how much bullshit did you spew in the Lost game when you were the black fog....
Quite a bit, but to be fair i really did do everything in my power to help the villagers, including giving you 3-4 of the 5 bad guys if im not mistaken. I didnt have to, as my victory conditions did not lie with the villagers. I just chose to try and have fun.
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #383
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
By the way, just to clear any air....

Unvote bulletsponge

i thought you might say that. your earlier vote for someone off the radar was very suspicious. your on my short list of suspect chaos as of now, and im one of the last peeps in this game you want eyeballing you.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #384
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I won that game and i was bad...im just saying, dont throw things like that out. Dubb's reveal where it ended up killing 3 villagers was soo ballsy we all kinda just said ok...im just saying, if you dont buy crazy plots, then i pray im a wolf next game

I do buy crazy. What I don't buy is stupid. And that would have been a stupid play for a wolf. As I said, there was zero doubt that he was going to get lynched.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #385
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I do buy crazy. What I don't buy is stupid. And that would have been a stupid play for a wolf. As I said, there was zero doubt that he was going to get lynched.
Same thing could be said for Dubb's reveal...he just managed to delay it long enough to basically win the game for the bad guys....
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #386
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
i thought you might say that. your earlier vote for someone off the radar was very suspicious. your on my short list of suspect chaos as of now, and im one of the last peeps in this game you want eyeballing you.

You may want to think about that a bit more...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #387
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Same thing could be said for Dubb's reveal...he just managed to delay it long enough to basically win the game for the bad guys....

Endgame is a totally different situation. Day 1, no wolf will pull a move like that, because despite everything me and Fouts said, they're absolutely going to get lynched.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #388
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
You may want to think about that a bit more...

thinkin aint my style
Old 08-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #389
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day 1, no wolf will pull a move like that, because despite everything me and Fouts said, they're absolutely going to get lynched.

Why would a villager pull the same move if they're absolutely going to get lynched?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #390
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
Why would a villager pull the same move if they're absolutely going to get lynched?

Because villagers don't have anybody to talk them out of committing suicide.

knives out
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #391
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nice st cronin

Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #392
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Even though obviously wrong, I still stand by my vote. There were questions on what would have been gained by the seer outing you that were never answered and, if they were answered, no one reiterated the answer.. Unfortunately, odd occurences like this usually get you killed on the first day.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #393
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like it was a good first day. I had like 6 new pages to read when I got home. Good to see that kind of activity--sorry I missed out on most of it taking place.

I'm not sure that we'll be able to really identify much from these votes on the first day, since Real Deal did make a very curious play to open things up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #394
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dunno if we'll learn anything at all from day 1. 9 times out of 10 the person we lynch is good, and 4 times out of 5, both of the candidates are good too. And that also usually means most of the wolves can sit back and watch everyone get suspicious over each other fighting over two different good guys.

Then day 3 comes along and we have all these suspicions built up over 2 good guys that proceeds to lead us down the road of 3-4 more bad choices that once again mislead us.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #395
twothree
College Prospect

Yeah, that was a really interesting read for me as well when I got home. Especially the last hour or two before the vote tally. I was actually surprised that RealDeal ended up getting executed.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #396
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So some things that made me curious about today..

I wasnt suprised we killed a good guy, we usually do on day 1. I am suprised at how so many people just -knew- he was good or -knew- he was bad. I had no clue one way or another, and just figured it was not worth the risk vs the reward to lynch him on a hunch just yet. If you suspect him as a wolf, let him live a bit and see who he allies up with. Just don't do the wolves work for them.

On the other hand, it was a little amazing to me a few people just -knew- he was good too. I don't know how folks know this stuff on day 1 when we just have hunches to go on...

The other thing that made me curious was what were you doing during all of that Goldeneagle? You threw out three random votes without any explanation during it all. Im puzzled why you picked me when I was perhaps the only one with a logical reason to have a vote on Bulletsponge. My vote was because he very clearly said last game that he wanted to play the next time he was a wolf by trying to be out and open it some and see if he could just hide in plain sight. He started off this game that way, I called him on it and he did not deny it or stop. So I voted for him. Not a great reason on day 3 or 4, but for day 1, thats good enough to fly.

Chances are Bulletsponge was a good guy to and we had all this fuss over nothing, I'm just intrigued by some people's actions today.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #397
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
So some things that made me curious about today..

I wasnt suprised we killed a good guy, we usually do on day 1. I am suprised at how so many people just -knew- he was good or -knew- he was bad. I had no clue one way or another, and just figured it was not worth the risk vs the reward to lynch him on a hunch just yet. If you suspect him as a wolf, let him live a bit and see who he allies up with. Just don't do the wolves work for them.

On the other hand, it was a little amazing to me a few people just -knew- he was good too. I don't know how folks know this stuff on day 1 when we just have hunches to go on...

The other thing that made me curious was what were you doing during all of that Goldeneagle? You threw out three random votes without any explanation during it all. Im puzzled why you picked me when I was perhaps the only one with a logical reason to have a vote on Bulletsponge. My vote was because he very clearly said last game that he wanted to play the next time he was a wolf by trying to be out and open it some and see if he could just hide in plain sight. He started off this game that way, I called him on it and he did not deny it or stop. So I voted for him. Not a great reason on day 3 or 4, but for day 1, thats good enough to fly.

Chances are Bulletsponge was a good guy to and we had all this fuss over nothing, I'm just intrigued by some people's actions today.

Even me???
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #398
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wasnt suprised we killed a good guy, we usually do on day 1. I am suprised at how so many people just -knew- he was good or -knew- he was bad. I had no clue one way or another, and just figured it was not worth the risk vs the reward to lynch him on a hunch just yet. If you suspect him as a wolf, let him live a bit and see who he allies up with. Just don't do the wolves work for them

they didnt know, they were talking sh*t

Quote:
The other thing that made me curious was what were you doing during all of that Goldeneagle
he did act strange. im keeping my eye on him

Quote:
i am a good guy. this is the price i pay for being a wolf last game and winning, peeps dont trust me now with assassins at my disposal
Old 08-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #399
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
peeps dont trust me now with assassins at my disposal

Ya.. hard to wonder why...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #400
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I can put two in. I wanted to protect who I could while also allowing those with good night actions to be able to take them. Also, we don't know enough about anybody yet and with two in a cell one could act upon the other.