Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Evil Dead TRAIL Thread -- DO NOT ENTER **THREAD CLOSED**

You are on a trail through the woods. A long and winding trail leading from the road through a ravine and into the dark woods. It's the only footpath there though, unless you want to cross the cliffside narrow bridge and risk falling.

From here you may INVESTIGATE the surrounding WOODS, hike back up to the ROAD, continue down to the YARD of the cabin area, or remain here on the TRAIL.

Around you you see echoes of the past, like movies playing out around you of others. It is eerie and they open in pockets in various places. You can hear their conversations, but the sound is very distorted. Are these ghosts? Or just images of the past.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMPORTANT! If my PM box gets clogged, email me at [email protected]. I will be monitoring that too.

Good:Most characters are good. You have traveled to a remote cabin in some dark woods for your own reasons, some are with friends, some are alone. All are unsuspecting.

Evil:Evil wins when they achieve a 1:1 ratio of good-evil.

Win Conditions:

Good wins when they eliminate all evil characters in the game.

Voting:
Each day you will vote for a player. The format should be as normal: vote crimson Fox
To unvote a player and vote someone else:
unvote crimson fox
vote someoneelse

Deadline:
Day Action Deadline is 9 PM EST/6 PM PST
Night Deadline is 10 PM EST/7 PM PST
Lynch (End of Day Cycle):Ties equal no lynch. Nolynch is also a voting option.

Basic Game Rules:
1. No editing posts.
2. No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.
3. The deadites will eat you. Every bit of you, except maybe your blood. They like exploding that all over the walls.
4. Don't die.
5. Protect your blood. Make sure it stays inside you.
6. Conditional orders are allowed to make sure you don't perform an action on someone who has died so give multiple names just in case.
7. Do not direct quote anyone from PM or another thread. You may say things from the other thread but the source must be gone. NEVER direct quote a PM.

Unique things to this game:

Rooms:
There are a number of locations in this game. Each represented by a thread. You may only read a room/thread that you are in. You may not read a different thread unless you are told to. This thread is considered the TRAIL.

Descriptions:
Pay attention to room descriptions. They tell you where you can go and look.

Investigation:
Investigation acts like both moving and searching. It works like voting. You will be given options as to where you can investigate.
Format:
INVESTIGATE CLOSET
This will take you into the "closet" thread. You will also be told privately whether you find anything in the closet. Only one person will get the object if multiple people look there.
You may choose to INVESTIGATE a room you are already in and thus not move to another room but search for things.
INVESTIGATIONS are due by Lynch time.

Items:
There are objects in this game. You may find them by investigating an area. Once you have them, you may pass them or hold onto them. Other things may happen. To pass them, you PM me as a night action. Items may end up back in a room.

Items and Ability: You might not be able to use an item you find. There are two main types: weapons and spells. You will be told at the game's beginning which type you can use. (One or the other).

Results:

You will only know certain results when you see them, meaning are in the same room to see them. If someone dies and they aren't with you, you won't know what they are until you go to their location (but it will be obvious). If you find a dead someone in a room through investigation and they have an object, you can get their object.

Time:
Although we are still using day/night cycle, this all takes place in one night.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Victims
Victim #1: Darth Vilus
Victim #2: Autumn
Victim #3: Chief Rum
Victim #4: Danny
Victim #5: Zinto
Victim #6: J23
Victim #7: Narcizo
Victim #8: bhlloy
Victim #9: MrBug
Victim #10: ntndeacon
Victim #11: dzilla77
Victim #12: mckerney
Victim #13: dubb
Victim #14: The Jackal
Victim #15: mauboy
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier
Victim #17: tyketime

This list may be updated during the game, but not necessarily with info from other threads. You are free to make your own assumptions and discoveries and post your own lists as you wish.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are walking down the long wooded trail. It is a fairly pleasant day but the darkening woods around you are no great company. As you walk to what you hope will be the cabin, you know you are now with others. Where did they come from? Who are they? And what are you going to find in the woods? Hopefully just a nice warm fire and something nice in the icebox. But you definitely think you should vote for one of these people in your room today.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*Post your VOTE and INVESTIGATE in this thread only*

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Vanilla villager checking in from the Trail.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm here on the trail. Would like to get a head count of who all is here. Seems this is going to be an easy game for some UTR wolf to slip between the cracks unless someone physically visits every area and gets a post count.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I'm here on the trail as well and agree with your assessment dubb.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That bridge looked unsafe, especially if you're walking so you take the long winding trail and meet up with 4 others doing the same. Safety in numbers? Or did you just hook up with some weird psychopath that's going to chop you up and leave you in these woods? You are unsure and unsafe as you look around and must vote one of them out. Not knowing each other's names, you call yourselves:

Darth Vilus, dzilla77, dubb, mauboy, and Commo_Soldier
Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just out of curiosity, do we have to vote for someone who is where we are? Obviously today we would only want to vote for people who are here, but in the future if we know someone is a wolf and we don't end up where they are can we still vote for that person?

Also does only one person end up lynched or one person per area? The latter seems like this could be a blood bath.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Crickets and frogs answer you as you scream out random questions about the future. Was that a bear?!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Rereading the rules is a good idea. I have made a couple minor alterations so just make yourself clear on things.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Seems like this is a perfect game for the dead.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, I'll be posting from my phone most of the day, so not many long posts, should have computer access about 1 hour before day actions are due though.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vanilla checking in, gonna reread the rules to get some clarification on things

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

it looks like we're allowed to vote for ANY player. That changes things up a bit, we can vote for someone who wont know that we're voting for them and vice versa. Gonna make vote history a bitch!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So as I see it w have two choices,

1) Vote for each other and see what happens
2) Vote for a random person in another thread and give us a better shot at surviving.

Personally I like option 2

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
it looks like we're allowed to vote for ANY player.

Can you quote this please. I still can't find it.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Crimson,

Do we know how to get to the cabin from here or are we goin in blind?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You look around the trail and see no one other than the five of you. Better vote one of them out before they try something.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #22
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

If we're going in blind I would guess it goes Road, Trail, Yard, Cabin.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
2) Vote for a random person in another thread and give us a better shot at surviving.

I'm not sure we have any greater of a shot at hitting a wolf no matter if we vote someone in this thread or another. To each his own but I'm going to be voting someone from this thread for doing something. What that something is I haven't seen yet, but your idea #2 currently puts you in the lead.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #24
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
You look around the trail and see no one other than the five of you. Better vote one of them out before they try something.

So option 2 is out lol

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And i was just thinking of survival lol. Isn't that the point of a horror story? To survive?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #26
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And i was just thinking of survival lol. Isn't that the point of a horror story? To survive?

Survive. Kill the Deadites. Same difference.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #27
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah that's true, it is the same i guess lol

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #28
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

headin out for a bit, i'll be back in a few hours

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Would love to hear from Mauboy.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATIONS: none

VOTES:
none
Yet to vote: everybody

The dead fall asleep
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #31
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I will

INVESTIGATE WOODS
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #32
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hey everyone. Just finally checking in. Busy day at work.

Re read the rules and I'm here for a bit before flag football.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #33
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

There ya go Crimson. Maybe that will keep you from whining anymore. Geez.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #34
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Would love to hear from Mauboy.

You would love it?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #35
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Hey everyone. Just finally checking in. Busy day at work.

Re read the rules and I'm here for a bit before flag football.

Anything to add to all the deep discussion we have had today?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
You would love it?

Well, more like I would like it. Love may be too strong a word here.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

investigate yard

I really need to watch these movies again. Love em.

The vote will be much tougher.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #38
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anything to add to all the deep discussion we have had today?

The only thing that stands out today is dv and wanting to vote elsewhere.. survival voting or whatever. Other than that its been pretty quiet and I don't have much to add...hmmm.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
There ya go Crimson. Maybe that will keep you from whining anymore. Geez.

Has some cheese too. Some DEAD cheese!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #40
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I'll put a second investigation vote for the yard. The woods just seems to be a bad place to be (of course everywhere might be a bad place to be in this game.)

Investigate yard
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #41
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
I'll put a second investigation vote for the yard. The woods just seems to be a bad place to be (of course everywhere might be a bad place to be in this game.)

Investigate yard

The woods was always the worse place to be. Unless of course you were a tree. In that case it was freakin party time.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #42
dzilla77
High School Varsity

So just guessing here, there might be 4-5 wolves, depending on what abilities are out there. I could see a game mechanic where each group lynches a person (so that could be 4 tonight - ties are no lynch) which encourages us to try to form up as one big group.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #43
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So just guessing here, there might be 4-5 wolves, depending on what abilities are out there. I could see a game mechanic where each group lynches a person (so that could be 4 tonight - ties are no lynch) which encourages us to try to form up as one big group.

I agree. INVESTIGATE YARD
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #44
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That many wolves combined with a blood bath on day 1 would make game balance impossible. I mean if we assume 4 wolves, that would be 1 per thread. Assume we have approx a 25% chance of hitting a wolf in each thread(pretty poor chance IMO).

I just can't see each thread killing someone and there being that many wolves. I mean, lets assume every thread misses, a very distinct possibility with no real hard info on day 1. We then go into day 2 with 13 players, 4 or 5 of which are wolves. That is crazy.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #45
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
That many wolves combined with a blood bath on day 1 would make game balance impossible. I mean if we assume 4 wolves, that would be 1 per thread. Assume we have approx a 25% chance of hitting a wolf in each thread(pretty poor chance IMO).

I just can't see each thread killing someone and there being that many wolves. I mean, lets assume every thread misses, a very distinct possibility with no real hard info on day 1. We then go into day 2 with 13 players, 4 or 5 of which are wolves. That is crazy.

That's certainly true, was just doing a little thinking out loud. It almost makes me think that a lynch doesn't necessarily take a person out of the game.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #46
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's certainly true, was just doing a little thinking out loud. It almost makes me think that a lynch doesn't necessarily take a person out of the game.

Very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.

How else would someone be confused about being out of the game? Evil Dead had a history of possessing people. Prehaps people will be possessed/converted? We have had games in the past where there was a very small % of wolves to start and they converted each night. If/When the converted was killed all who he converted were also killed. Could be a possibility here I guess.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATIONS:
Woods - Dubb
Yard - mauboy, dzilla77, CommoSoldier

VOTES:

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #48
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That could be true, think we are safer in numbers though, like most horror movies, until we know for sure. Also do night kills take place in our next area our this one? If this one maybe no lynch is best to give possible insight if one of us is a wolf. On other possibility is do wolves night kill one per thread or only one.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #49
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Well at the risk of being labeled evil because I cast the first vote. I will do so. I have no basis for a vote, just picking someone at random.

Vote Mauboy
Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #50
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think until I am proven wrong we should assume there is only going to be 1 night kill and only 1 person lynched today. I could be very wrong, but I just can't see a way that the village kills of 4 at random today and then the wolves get to knock off 4 more tonight. That would make a short game.