Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #401
QuikSand
lolzcat

On paper, we seemed solid... +160 in total points. But we only manage to go 9-7. Good enough for the division title, thankfully, but as a 3-4 seed we'll have to swim upstream. Might need a fish tube solution here.

GML: Baltimore Ravens 2099

Notes:
-QB Gelenaw finally gets his 1,000 yard rushing season
-RBs oddly reverted to being terrible, not sure why
-No standouts in the receiver group, all around 7-8 ypt
-One OL with 28 penalties, wtf
-Defense played really well all around, no huge stat grabbers
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #402
JustinSmith94
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
-One OL with 28 penalties, wtf

Is there somewhere in the stats you can see this or is this part of some external service? Because I've been tracking all my player's penalties in Excel for lack of a better method
JustinSmith94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #403
QuikSand
lolzcat

...one and out in the playoffs, dang.

Two retirements, both at TE, including our TE1 and our chemistry leader. Surmountable, but nit ideal.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #404
QuikSand
lolzcat

...one and out in the playoffs, dang.

Two retirements, both at TE, including our TE1 and our chemistry leader. Surmountable, but not ideal.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #405
QuikSand
lolzcat

Early offseason update - not a ton to report.

I traded out of our pick at 1.26, getting a 1st next year (likely in the latest third) and a swap - this year's 2nd for next year's 3rd. With 2 picks in the late 2nd, it looks like we might be looking at several of the guys from my top handful for the first round (including, as it approaches, a guy who was in a coinflip to be taken at 1.26) so that could work out well for a bad-fit draft for us, chem-wise.

In free agency, I grab a good-enough-to-play 4th year WR, and I'm semi-optimistic that we have a useful group going forward at that position. Ideally, we can find a true WR1 to build around -- if so, our "seven dwarves" skirting in the WR2-3-4-5 roles should be okay once they all have some cohesion benefits. (link)

-Honestly no reason to think the team is going to look very different this year than the last two - nobody left in free agency who looks thrilling. There's a big money guy on the trade block who would be a good fit, but the owner and I seem far apart on compensation so i'm not optimistic -- this is a guy in that "high quality player but at a very high, market-value base salary" situation that is the most prone, in my view, to people seeing his valuation differently. I do have cap space to give, at least right now, so we'll see.

-I am a bit reluctant to detail too much here, as my team has become a victim of a bit of free agent sniping, so I'll have more input once we've got things more in hand (sorry, so it goes)

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #406
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, downside always lurks here - I worked on a stage file, wasn't finished, and apparently left my desktop before submitting it. So, I missed a stage. (Now looking at website) Not a huge miss... I managed to sign a veteran DL who provides an alternative leader for our D7 group. He was intended to serve as a Plan B in case we couldn't sign DE Don Shields, but he also re-signed this stage, lessening that urgency. In the never-sent file, I also put in offers on a couple decent veterans who would have clicked with the new guy, rather than Shields. Alas, the plan failed to come together, and I will have to decide fairly soon which way we go here (Shields is a 7-8 guy, Musterer is an 8-9 guy... so same group, but a different mix if hit/neutral among the 7-8 and 8-9 crowd)

In the draft, I end up dealing down a few clicks in round 2 to grab an extra 4th rounder. So, our top three picks are on the books:

2.24 C Ezekiel Castillo - big bars guy, with two apparent flaws, a below-cutoff bench and a med static bar in blocking strength... I guess that points to him fading, but for a late 2nd rounder, and a potential affinity fit, I'm rolling the dice.. I posted a query about him in the draft thread but to no avail... mysteries abound

2.32 CB Oliver Herndon - a "do-it-all" DB we hope can graduate into a role as CB3/4 and KR

3.24 TE Diego McKnight - major need position at receiving TE and both free agency and the draft are really thin... he looks like a no-block guy with legit receiving skills, and I'd take that for the short term, could get quick action in multi-WR sets right away if he pans out

From here, I would like to add some depth at DE, but that is sooooo hard to find later in the draft. More likely we continue to grab the fairly interesting guys at DB, LB, WR, RB per usual.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #407
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSmith94 View Post
Is there somewhere in the stats you can see this or is this part of some external service? Because I've been tracking all my player's penalties in Excel for lack of a better method

It's on one of Ben's stat pages... not compiled or easily accessible in-game. Because, you know, who would want to know that sort of thing? *sigh*