Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #301
fontisian
College Prospect

I'm trying to decide whether to pile on the The Jackal for the point about villager pms, or to follow my gut and vote for Telle. I also don't want to seem like I'm omgusing or only focusing on the people who are talking about me, though it is a bit easier for me to read them.

My issue with Telle is the line "Well sorry to vote and run" because it seems so out of place? Everyone is voting and running, there's no real full time thread presence from anyway, so why apologize unless you're worried about be called a wolf for it down the line? Can anyone with meta on Telle chime in here?
Old 05-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #302
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 300

The Jackal 3 - Autumn (244), bhlloy (261), britrock88 (291)
fontisian 2 - Abe Sargent (265), Telle (297)
britrock88 1 - JAG (206)
Autumn 1 - Julio Riddols (232)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #303
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'm trying to decide whether to pile on the The Jackal for the point about villager pms, or to follow my gut and vote for Telle. I also don't want to seem like I'm omgusing or only focusing on the people who are talking about me, though it is a bit easier for me to read them.

My issue with Telle is the line "Well sorry to vote and run" because it seems so out of place? Everyone is voting and running, there's no real full time thread presence from anyway, so why apologize unless you're worried about be called a wolf for it down the line? Can anyone with meta on Telle chime in here?

My issue with your reaction here is that I'm noticing the converse of omgusing--you're complimenting JR's approach which happens not to implicate you. Could be an attempt to build trust across team lines.

I don't have a meta on Telle--he hasn't posted on the forum in 4.5 years before this game, and hadn't played any WW for a year before that, which takes us back to the beginning of my time here. Sorry.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #304
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I've been reading and not contributing but really only because it's day 1. I think people are reading too much into things this far.

However, the point about font trying to gain trust via riddols is interesting but only a little at this point. Something to hang onto for down the road possibly.

My wolf radar for jackal always pings, and that goes way back.. I feel it only a little so far vs more than I usually do.

Going to get my sick kiddo and get some time in front of computer to read more closely.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #305
britrock88
Pro Starter

Would love to see some Cheeki and Tarc...
Old 05-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #306
britrock88
Pro Starter

Okay. Role analysis (asterisks for roles with apparent night actions):

Larry Dallas* - role-blocker; probably town
Terri Alden* - neutral booby-trap (I've forgotten all the WW role jargon); what's her WC?
Major Burns* - flawed seer with a one-time NK; Good captain
Natalie Green* - (brutal?) wolf with NK; Bad captain
Skippy Handelman - scan-wrecker; more valuable as Bad?
Colonel Klink - role-learner, which seems alignment-neutral
Les Nessman* - flawed spy; leans Good, IMO
Roz Russell* - BG of some kind
Vinton Harper - village idiot?
Potsie Weber - hunter? another neutral role???
Screech Powers* - action-frustrater; leans Bad
Bud Bundy - another neutral role???
Wayne Arnold* - action-redirecter, cunning?; leans Bad
Mel Sharples - mayor? alpha wolf?
Jeffrey Murdock - ?

Extra ???s for possible neutrals because I really think there's only one.

...Man, I forgot how vague some of these were.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #307
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote tarcone
Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #308
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Tarcone hasn't said anything yet other than to vote me yesterday. A quiet wolf is more valuable than a quiet villager.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #309
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Catching up, Julio got a little snippy at being voted, or not, by font. Smacks of town a little. Still not sure of font's strategy or JAG following on her heels. Is that mass vote/unvote a WW game meta now?

Oh well, just tossing a lure in the pond...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #310
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
Catching up, Julio got a little snippy at being voted, or not, by font. Smacks of town a little. Still not sure of font's strategy or JAG following on her heels. Is that mass vote/unvote a WW game meta now?

I think both Font and JAG were trying to counteract Col. Klink's role-detecting power.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #311
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

The Sitcom Sanitarium: The Return of Werewolf (Day 1 Deadline: Tuesday 10 PM EST)

Vote Chief Rum

*Edited for bold formatting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by cheekimonk : 05-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #312
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well if we have a wolf team and a village team (plus a neutral individual I guess, if that role isn't one of the two not in the game?) then everybody are pretty much either wolves or villagers. Thus if you don't know if the villagers can PM, then you're not a villager.. 'cause you should know if you can PM or not, right? Unless you were specifically talking about some subset of the villagers, which may be what you've been trying to say in later posts? I actually got somewhat confused..

What I'm trying to say is that my assumption was that the team that Burns picked as a good aligned, villager team, was able to PM - do we think that's not the case? Why would there be two "teams" then? Would he just have been able to pick people so that the wolf team wouldn't be able to add them?

I guess the main point from all of this is do we think Burns is able to PM with the people he picked - my initial assumption was yes, which is why I thought there'd be 3+ wolves, which is all I was trying to say originally...
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #313
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

use [ b ] [ / b] from tapatalk.... lame I know.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #314
The Jackal
Coordinator

But we also don't need to discuss the Burns team being able to PM piece if it's not going to help us as a village, so I'm happy to abandon it - the only reason to keep the thread alive is if it actually means that there's two teams we need to actively worry about and not just the wolves
Old 05-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #315
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
But we also don't need to discuss the Burns team being able to PM piece if it's not going to help us as a village, so I'm happy to abandon it - the only reason to keep the thread alive is if it actually means that there's two teams we need to actively worry about and not just the wolves
I think it's an interesting topic - but it's all speculation still. Any conversation about how many wolves there may be is always an important topic though. I don't think you should stop.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #316
fontisian
College Prospect

Unvote
Vote The Jackal
Old 05-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #317
fontisian
College Prospect

I think Jackal is thinking about a town pming group because the idea came up in wolf chat and he feels like he has to talk about /something/.

The other possibility is that he's part of a small town group with pm abilities, which would suck, but in that case he'd have to be pretty crazy to bring it up of his own volition.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #318
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that my assumption was that the team that Burns picked as a good aligned, villager team, was able to PM - do we think that's not the case? Why would there be two "teams" then? Would he just have been able to pick people so that the wolf team wouldn't be able to add them?

I guess the main point from all of this is do we think Burns is able to PM with the people he picked - my initial assumption was yes, which is why I thought there'd be 3+ wolves, which is all I was trying to say originally...

I feel like we're talking in circles, but based on different ideas about how the "draft" worked. My opinion is that the village Captain didn't just draft a few people to add to a private team that can PM. My understanding is that the Captain drafted *all* of the villagers. But I guess I'm not really sure how either of those scenarios would actually work. Schoolyard pick back and forth between town and village for a few picks, and then the village gets the rest? In which case it's really just a fight over the top one or two roles.

In contrast, Jackal's idea suggest that the Village captain drafts one or two to add to a PM circle. That would be a huge advantage for the village, and not how I thought it worked, but I suppose is possible. Maybe it would offset the handicapped abilities of the good roles. Still, I assume it's not the case.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #319
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Jackal is thinking about a town pming group because the idea came up in wolf chat and he feels like he has to talk about /something/.

The other possibility is that he's part of a small town group with pm abilities, which would suck, but in that case he'd have to be pretty crazy to bring it up of his own volition.

Clearly I came to an assumption that most people did not come to regarding the teams, but the only reason I brought it up in the first place was to support my random thoughts about how many wolves there might be, it's pretty interesting that this has taken on a life of its own, though I guess it's D1 so what am I gonna do
Old 05-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #320
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seems like I'm probably going to be the vote since it's D1, but you're not gonna learn anything useful. If you have any questions about my original post feel free to ask, was really just trying to theorize about the ruleset/possible team sizes
Old 05-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #321
The Jackal
Coordinator

Since it's early I really don't have any strong alternative candidates, unfortunately for me, I'm still at work but maybe I can try and dig something up when I get home from today's banter
Old 05-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #322
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah.. I really felt forced to talk about something early in the day, this is probably the weakest case for voting me I've seen so far
Old 05-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #323
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was likely going to vote font anyways for self preservation but that post actually makes me feel much better about it
Old 05-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #324
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote font
Old 05-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #325
The Jackal
Coordinator

Plus the continued blatant disregard for the rules and no real explanation as to why..
Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #326
The Jackal
Coordinator

Though the klink targetting doesn't really smell of wolf, cam someone think of a reason why that would behoove them?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #327
The Jackal
Coordinator

Could see it being a neutral win condition ploy like getting scanned, or maybe klink and font are both wolves and font is skippy and wants to get the seer scan, but that's probably a bold move this early
Old 05-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #328
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 327

The Jackal 4 - Autumn (244), bhlloy (261), britrock88 (291), fontisian (316)
fontisian 3 - Abe Sargent (265), Telle (297), The Jackal (324)
britrock88 1 - JAG (206)
tarcone 1 - mauchow (307)
Chief Rum 1 - cheekimonk (311)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #329
The Jackal
Coordinator

Or maybe font is klink, that'd be tricky except JAG probably accounted for that with his votes
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Times like this I wish I was a more experienced player. I gotta defer to the more experienced of you and try to get a deeper understanding of motives and reasoning that way. I'll check back in later and try to absorb what I can.

Don't forget that a lot of folks here have taken time away from the game. We're all sort of feeling our oats again, barring anyone from playing elsewhere.

You're good to go, Julio! (See how that rhymed? )

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #331
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
Tarcone hasn't said anything yet other than to vote me yesterday. A quiet wolf is more valuable than a quiet villager.

That is true, and I myself have pushed votes for quiet ones in the past in a lot of my games for the same reason. You can ferret out a lot of wolfery that way.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #332
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dola, although ti's better to do quiet-votes earlier in the day than close to deadline when they may not be around.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #333
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Plus the continued blatant disregard for the rules and no real explanation as to why..
What disregard would that be, exactly?

Aldo, can I ask why you initially responded to my post without any issues with it and then changed your mind shortly afterwards?
Old 05-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #334
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just checked this month's Humble Monthly bundle. Great bundle with three that aren't my style.

Let me know if anyone is interested in:
Metrico+
GoNNER - Press Jump or Die Edition
Super Rude Bear Resurrection

Preferably to three different people to "spread the love" a bit.

Will post this in the Steam thread later tonight if no takers. Wanted to give first crack at it here.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #335
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
That is true, and I myself have pushed votes for quiet ones in the past in a lot of my games for the same reason. You can ferret out a lot of wolfery that way.
And yet you're voting me, when I've been anything but quiet. Can I ask why?
Old 05-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just because it's a strategy I value doesn't mean I make every vote from it

Again, I feel like there is something off here. From the strategy to role-block someone who we have know idea which side they are on, and could give us a lot of great info, especially for a (likely) short game where we need every piece of info possible in order to fend off the wolves.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #337
fontisian
College Prospect

Not interested in any of those, thanks though EF.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #338
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Just because it's a strategy I value doesn't mean I make every vote from it

Again, I feel like there is something off here. From the strategy to role-block someone who we have know idea which side they are on, and could give us a lot of great info, especially for a (likely) short game where we need every piece of info possible in order to fend off the wolves.
Ok, so what's the best case scenario? Kline is town and he gets natqlie, right? But that's precisely why the scum leader is likely to draft him first. Any other role that he can be attained by the town forcing that perdon to claim, and it wouldn't tell us or him their alignment anyway.

Meanwhile if Kline is a wolf, the wolf learning a new role every day is really valuable, as they'll low whether that person is a wolf or town and they'll be able to factor it into Night kills. It's basically a free rolecop, if something isn't done to stop it. And, if the seer checks kink as a wolf and votes them first the next day, the wolves will know who the seer is.

So yeah, I think the role can do a lot for wolves and very little for toxn, which is why I acted. If I thought I was likely to be a wolf or if I was kink himself, I wouldn't have brought it up.

Do you disagree with any of that?
Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #339
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I clearly made a mistake in not going in thread while at home, when I could have typed up various thoughts. I am now on my phone, so thoughts on the draft and game rules will have to wait until later (after deadline).

FYI, Telle is a woman (as is font). A rare enough occurrence on FOFC that I never forgot.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #340
fontisian
College Prospect

Oh, sorry Telle.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #342
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, sorry Telle.

I doubt she would be offended, anymore than you are. But thought I should throw it out there.

Thoughts on the two vote leaders...

I think the Jackal roll up is built on pretty flimsy evidence from his post. His post actually brought up to my mind the possibility of an inner circle villager team, something I hadn't considered.

But I don't see going after font as the right way either. She may indeed be a wolf but she is clearly thinking proactively and forcing action, which she started doing on Day 0, likely before she knew her allegiance. I don't see much value in removing her from the game at this point.

Instead, I will focus my vote on a third option, so that we can get more vote info from this one down the line.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #344
fontisian
College Prospect

I mean, it does bother me, but if I flipped out every time it happened, I'd never have time for anything else.

Chief, look at Jackal's vote on me, please. The reasoning seems very lazy, though I am admittedly biased.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #345
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The four one votes are britrock, Autumn, tarcone and myself. I'm not voting myself and tarcone is newer to WW games, I believe (and has been quiet), so I don't want to push him out yet.

That leaves britrock and Autumn. JAG voted brit and JR voted Autumn. On the basis of JAG being the more experienced player, I will roll with his instinct here for now.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:00 PM   #346
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE BRITROCK

Old 05-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #347
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 346

The Jackal 4 - Autumn (244), bhlloy (261), britrock88 (291), fontisian (316)
fontisian 3 - Abe Sargent (265), Telle (297), The Jackal (324)
britrock88 2 - JAG (206), Chief Rum (346)
tarcone 1 - mauchow (307)
Chief Rum 1 - cheekimonk (311)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #348
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Those videos mean, or signify, nothing. I just wanted to add a few videos of the different characters throughout the game.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #349
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, it does bother me, but if I flipped out every time it happened, I'd never have time for anything else.

Chief, look at Jackal's vote on me, please. The reasoning seems very lazy, though I am admittedly biased.

Ah, didn't know that bugged you. In that case, if it might also bug Telle, I'm glad I pointed it out .

I don't know that I like or dislike The Jackal's vote on you. Fact is, whatever reason exists, his vote likely ends up on you as the other lynch candidate.

Let's face it. We don't know much about anything right now. Hard for me to definitively judge him, you or anyone in the game on Day 1.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #350
fontisian
College Prospect

You know you don't have to go for someone with one vote. Going for someone with zero and then convincing me to get on board would also put them at two, heh.