Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #2151
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think the early deaths of Hoops and I were the single biggest factor for the village not winning the game

AND SCHMIDTY THE GREAT!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #2152
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Let us not forget that of the two players jailed one was jailed on day 1 and released as cleared day 2. The other was jailed day 3 and released as clear on night 4 although he was cleared night 3 by multiple scans. So basically every player that was jailed had information out about them almost immediately.

I'm just not buying the whole lack of information with the jail mechanic. Every player jailed was cleared by the next day or night and released.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #2153
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Let us not forget that of the two players jailed one was jailed on day 1 and released as cleared day 2. The other was jailed day 3 and released as clear on night 4 although he was cleared night 3 by multiple scans. So basically every player that was jailed had information out about them almost immediately.

I'm just not buying the whole lack of information with the jail mechanic. Every player jailed was cleared by the next day or night and released.

first off, very nicely done, i enjoyed it thouroughly.

second, yes, the players that went to jail ended up cleared, which gave us 1 person in the COT...by not having any voting records though, we never had an opportunity to add to that circle...this game was owned by the seer...the jail mechanic in the first 3 days completely destroyed the regular vanilla villagers ability to make decisions...basically, the circle formed so slowly through the jail/release, that the wolves were able to keep up with it growing

lastly, i told you jackal was a wolf on day 4 and not a single one of you listened to me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #2154
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
first off, very nicely done, i enjoyed it thouroughly.

Without your HP game there would have been no Dark One or Order of Righteousness. That was the game that most inspired me to create this rule set so long ago.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #2155
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
lastly, i told you jackal was a wolf on day 4 and not a single one of you listened to me

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #2156
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I would really like to debate this so I have more to go on for future games. Do we really think the lack of voting records had to do with the jail mechanic? As far as I can tell both players that were jailed were freed very shortly after they were jailed as cleared villagers. This would be the time to re-evaluate the voting record.

I think the non-relevance of the voting record had very little to do with the jail mechanic and very much to do with the landslide votes. Of the 8 votes atleast half of them had every player vote for the same person(or atleast it seemed this way). That is why the village had nothing to go on. It had little to do with the jail mechanic.

I think the bigger issue is figuring out what if anything caused all of the landslide votes.

My POV on it was that we would still have voting information, even on the jailed people, we just got it a couple of days later than we normally would have. And the ability to have "do-overs" on early vote-getters was a huge benefit to the village.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #2157
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The landslide votes were basically results of the wolves, and so that worked great for them. The lack of discussion in the game was one of our biggest problems as a village, I think, and I'm not sure if that had something to do with the lack of voting record, as people kept claiming, or something else.

To be quite frank, that was my/our plan with this game. Historically there were a lot more games where all the good/talkative players got killed early, and I figured it was time to give that strategy a one game comeback. It worked perfectly, as by the time the landslide votes started happening there was no one willing to push hard enough to stop it.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #2158
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Jail didn't clear the first, and it's disingenious to even call that a straight clear, considering all the debating back and forth about clap/Abe the next day. Pass's allegiance was linked to confirming clap/Abe's allegiance, and the key "power" was clap/Abe's individual role ability, not jail.

As you noted, the second in jail was cleared by both the seer and the king.

Not saying the jail didn't play its role, as clap can't talk to a prisoner unless the prisoner is in jail, and the king can't scan anyone but prisoners, but still, we're talking a one time mechanic on one, and a 20% chance of success after the other--and that's only after negotiating a full day's vote to put them in jail in the first place. And clap's ability wasn't public, so we didn't even know about that (if we had, woulda saved much time the first two days, this is why I'm not fond of hidden roles and abilities).

The likelihood of getting quality, useable information from that in a reasonable amount of time was far negated by the virtual elimination in value of the votes in determining allegiance.

Really, the more and more I look at it, I am quite amazed we the village got any wolves at all (and they handed one to us).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #2159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So why couldn't saldana be scanned?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #2160
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So why couldn't saldana be scanned?

Because we used stripo in CR that night, preventing him from using his ability.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #2161
The Jackal
Coordinator

on, too
Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #2162
Danny
Head Coach

It a wonder CR was able to get out of bed after you guys used stripo in and out of him, let alone scan someone.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #2163
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny was channeling jbmagic in the above post.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #2164
The Jackal
Coordinator

RendeR and I had a nice plan worked out to use Darkfall too but you just had to go and lynch the brutal villager, didn't you.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #2165
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
RendeR and I had a nice plan worked out to use Darkfall too but you just had to go and lynch the brutal villager, didn't you.

I'm so sad that he didn't get to use that ability, I think it could have been one of the great WTF moments in WW history.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote