Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a parent presentation from 5-8, and I have to get ready for it soon. I won't be back later.

Vote Passacaglia

See ya all later.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #202
The Jackal
Coordinator

Vote Count:

Abe Sargent 3 (Danny 192, Poli 195, EF 199)
Passacaglia 1 (Abe 201)

Last edited by The Jackal : 03-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #203
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Danny

I made my mind up yesterday this would be my vote today. I see nothing today that has changed my mind at all. I just don't like how he played my vote for PB yesterday into to turning me into a vamp no matter how PB ended up turning out. Was a very devious play and one I myself may have made if I was on the side of no good.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #204
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Vote Danny

I made my mind up yesterday this would be my vote today. I see nothing today that has changed my mind at all. I just don't like how he played my vote for PB yesterday into to turning me into a vamp no matter how PB ended up turning out. Was a very devious play and one I myself may have made if I was on the side of no good.

Actually, I said I felt fine of you if PB turned out good which he did (at least from the perspective of the wolves). You are the one who who assumed I was trying to make you look wolfish either way. I said to the contrary.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #205
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Danny

dubb, can you expand on that a little? I didn't notice him doing that.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #206
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Actually, I said I felt fine of you if PB turned out good which he did (at least from the perspective of the wolves). You are the one who who assumed I was trying to make you look wolfish either way. I said to the contrary.

What do you mean by this?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #207
Danny
Head Coach

He's referring to this

Quote:
Vote PurdueBrad

I don't like many of other choices at this point. Would be open to switching, but if PB turns out bad, I wouldn't be surprised if Dubb was throwing a wolf-wolf vote here in day one.

Quote:
Nice strat Danny. Vote PB and if he is good I'm bad because I started the vote. If he is bad I'm bad because I was doing a wolf-wolf vote. You seem to have me on a very slippery slope here Danny.

Quote:
Actually, if he is good, I think you look better. There is certainly one if not multiple good people with votes already on them. If you were a wolf, why throw a vote on someone new and potentially stand out?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #208
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't know dubb. If danny wouldn't have pointed that out, I might have. I mean, I've been afraid to point this out, but my PM didn't say anything about me liking or disliking the cold weather.

Take that for what it's worth.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #209
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Im gonna put down a vote, Im having major car issues.... so im not sure how much ill be home tongiht.

vote danny

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #210
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ps i dont like the first 3 votes cast all on abe... he may be bad, but lets at least make ashow of it!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #211
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
He's referring to this

Thanks, Danny. So why wouldn't you have been surprised if dubb was throwing a wolf-wolf vote? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #212
Danny
Head Coach

A second candidate in the voting usually proves helpful later in the game for voting records, so I have no problem with Clap's vote. Of course, wish I wasn't the second candidate
Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #213
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Thanks, Danny. So why wouldn't you have been surprised if dubb was throwing a wolf-wolf vote? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

At the time that Dubb voted PB, there were four other people with votes on them. Odds are at least two or three of them were good. That could be a vote to help later in the event one of the wolves is caught to build trust by someone being able to say that either a wolf voted for me or I voted a wolf. Wolves seem to do this a lot. And because there were so many other places to vote, at the time it appeared to be a safe wolf-wolf vote.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #214
Danny
Head Coach

Of course, it's all moot because PB was not a wolf.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #215
Danny
Head Coach

Abe is leaving soon, and I will be gone and hour and a half before deadline, so ideally most of the action would take place while we both are online.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm leaving in 10 minutes. Since Danny has votes, this is a mere self defense move.

Unvote Passacaglia
Vote Danny

Old 03-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Supposed to be bolded, but instead I think I made it Black type...

Unvote Passacaglia
Vote Danny

Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #218
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It should also be noted since Danny just loves to point out wolf-wolf vote situations that at the time Danny cast his vote for PB yesterday Abe had 2 votes on him. When Danny cast the second second vote he made it so Abe was no longer in the lead. Again not much but a potential link between the two since Danny was so happy to point out a non-existent link between myself and PB yesterday.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #219
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I don't know dubb. If danny wouldn't have pointed that out, I might have. I mean, I've been afraid to point this out, but my PM didn't say anything about me liking or disliking the cold weather.

Take that for what it's worth.

VAMP!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #220
The Jackal
Coordinator

Abe Sargent 3 (Danny 192, Poli 195, EF 199)
Danny 3 (dubb 203, clap 209, Abe 217)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #221
Schmidty
Coordinator

I haven't heard any good evidence on Abe, so I'm leaning toward Danny or dubb.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #222
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It should also be noted since Danny just loves to point out wolf-wolf vote situations that at the time Danny cast his vote for PB yesterday Abe had 2 votes on him. When Danny cast the second second vote he made it so Abe was no longer in the lead. Again not much but a potential link between the two since Danny was so happy to point out a non-existent link between myself and PB yesterday.

I made one post with something I thought was possible. But since you want to stay on it.

Let's look at this from the perspective if I actually was a wolf. If I was a wolf, I would have known PB was not a wolf and creating a wolf-wolf link between you to would have been pointless. And I made the point to say that if PB was not a wolf I didn't see you being a wolf. I then made the second (often the most important in creating a lynch candidate) vote on PB, so if anything if I was wolf, I was helping to show you were not a wolf.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #223
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb, you're acting awful aggressive from me making one post about what is a common wolf tactic.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #224
Danny
Head Coach

Of course now, I think you may be attempting to save Abe. You're playing way too aggressive if if you're a wolf and Abe isn't. So it's likely either you're both wolves or you're a misguided villager.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #225
Danny
Head Coach

And before you spin that to mean I am saying you are a wolf either way, If Abe is not a wolf, I feel it unlikely you are a wolf.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #226
Danny
Head Coach

So at this point I would still be in favor of lynching Abe over Dubb. If Abe is bad, we go after Dubb next. If Abe is good then I think Dubb gains a little trust.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #227
Schmidty
Coordinator

Danny, you're accusing dubb of being "aggressive", but isn't that exactly what you're doing?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #228
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Danny, you're accusing dubb of being "aggressive", but isn't that exactly what you're doing?

Originally no. At this point yes because I am on the block. Dubb was not on the block or under any suspicion when he came out aggressively. That means he is either trying to save Abe or a misguided villager. I'm using his aggressiveness to make the point that he is unlikely a wolf is Abe turns out to be good.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #229
Danny
Head Coach

Which is why I would be in favor of lynching Abe before Dubb even if I happen to be choice tonight and that would be needed for tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #230
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
So at this point I would still be in favor of lynching Abe over Dubb. If Abe is bad, we go after Dubb next. If Abe is good then I think Dubb gains a little trust.

Danny, I understand you are on the block and defending yourself, but posts like this kind of rub me the wrong way. Let's deal with one thing at a time here and save the lists of who gets lynched "next" for tomorrow.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #231
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, fair enough
Old 03-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #232
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally no. At this point yes because I am on the block. Dubb was not on the block or under any suspicion when he came out aggressively. That means he is either trying to save Abe or a misguided villager. I'm using his aggressiveness to make the point that he is unlikely a wolf is Abe turns out to be good.

I still haven't seen one bit of good evidence to vote for Abe.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #233
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I still haven't seen one bit of good evidence to vote for Abe.

The only evidence is if PB was trying to send a signal to another wolf by placing a vote on one and then not trying to defend himself when Abe was the other lynch candidate. For me, there is enough info to be gained from finding out if he is good or bad that it is worth it.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I'm torn on this, not sure how I want to go. I think we have the most to learn from lynching Abe, but I am highly suspicious of the run that put him up in the first place. It had the feel of a person or two pushing a likely suspect and trying to get his votes high enough that other candidates aren't seriously considered.

BTW, I am home from work today, but under the weather (yes, that's right, I had already managed to schedule offdays for the first two days of the tourney, and somehow, irony of ironies, ended up waking up sick this morning--yay, Chief...). So my entries will continue to be sporadic until I feel better, as I am sleeping this off and catching tourney games at the same time. Yeah, I'm a ninja like that, sleep with my eyes open and ever watchful.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #235
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Danny, I understand you are on the block and defending yourself, but posts like this kind of rub me the wrong way. Let's deal with one thing at a time here and save the lists of who gets lynched "next" for tomorrow.

Why? Isn't it better to get everything said when it can be. If Danny is good and he keeps his analysis to himself and then he gets either lynched or taken out by the wolves it only hurts the village as we dont have the benefit of his insight to analyze. If The only people that I would think would want someone to be quiet would be the wolves either if Danny is a wolf who is "saying too much" or if he is a villager who may be "on to something".
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #236
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think we've still got plenty of time to consider other people before we're forced into a voting confrontation between Abe and Danny.

I propose we think about Kwhit. He cast the final and deciding vote with only two minutes to spare, and his two substantial posts have been to ask the seer not to scan Abe, and saying that he has some kind of PM connection with Dubb. It seems like a bold move for a wolf to do the whole last minute voting thing, then try to cover the person he broke the tie for, but stranger things have happened.

I'd like to hear his feelings on the current Danny-Abe faceoff - yesterday he said he didn't vote for Abe because of running the Dungeon game. Good excuse but maybe just that, an excuse.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #237
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Why? Isn't it better to get everything said when it can be. If Danny is good and he keeps his analysis to himself and then he gets either lynched or taken out by the wolves it only hurts the village as we dont have the benefit of his insight to analyze. If The only people that I would think would want someone to be quiet would be the wolves either if Danny is a wolf who is "saying too much" or if he is a villager who may be "on to something".

I never said he shouldn't post his analysis or keep quiet - obviously he's been posting a lot. I just said that it's suspicious to me when people start talking about we'll kill this person, then that person - it helps steer the next day's debate, often in unhelpful ways.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 03-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #238
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I never said he shouldn't post his analysis or keep quiet - obviously he's been posting a lot. I just said that it's suspicious to me when people start talking about we'll kill this person, then that person - it helps steer the next day's debate, often in unhelpful ways.

I think AlanT does that a lot.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #239
Telle
College Starter

I've been in training all day. I'm heading home and I won't be getting on tonight, so this is going to be a hit-and-run vote.

VOTE ABE SARGENT
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #240
Schmidty
Coordinator

I just don't see any good reason for Abe, and I'm not liking the pile-on. I would go with dubb, but at this point, it would make no difference.

Vote Danny
Old 03-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #241
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, we have a showdown. They're more fun when you can be online for deadline though. Abe is already out and I will not be here for the deadline either.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #242
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand the dogpile on Danny at this point. I think we'll learn more from an Abe vote than a Danny vote. If Abe is good than PB gets the MVP for the wolves,
Old 03-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #243
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I don't understand the dogpile on Danny at this point. I think we'll learn more from an Abe vote than a Danny vote. If Abe is good than PB gets the MVP for the wolves,

I believe the dogpile was on Abe today. Not defending Abe b/c as I said there is a link between Abe and Danny, but lets not forget the first three votes today were put on Abe. That would be the dogpile, not the catch-up vote on Danny here.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #244
Danny
Head Coach

Hmm, if there a link between Abe and I, why are you pushing strongly for my lynch and not Abe's?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #245
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hmm, if there a link between Abe and I, why are you pushing strongly for my lynch and not Abe's?

B/C the link between you and Abe could be nothing. It is simply the fact that you cast a vote to make it where Abe was no longer in the lead. The vote itself is the only link. However your way of implying that I was a wolf regardless of the outcome of the vote on PB just struck me the wrong way.

And yes I'm well aware you changed your story once I called you on it but I'm taking that for what it is worth to me. You tried to sneak something in, got caught and then changed your story to try an make me happy.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #246
Danny
Head Coach

These are my only exact words related to that "but if PB turns out bad, I wouldn't be surprised if Dubb was throwing a wolf-wolf vote here in day one."

Where in that statement is it implied that you are bad whether or not PB is?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #247
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be off until after deadline. Going out to eat tonight. Danny if I am wrong you need to argue your point here. I don't believe I am wrong though so you are barking up the wrong tree trying to get ME to change my opinion.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #248
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'll be off until after deadline. Going out to eat tonight. Danny if I am wrong you need to argue your point here. I don't believe I am wrong though so you are barking up the wrong tree trying to get ME to change my opinion.

PB didn't turn out bad, so there's no reason for me to argue that point. It's moot, I was obviously wrong on the connection
Old 03-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #249
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
B/C the link between you and Abe could be nothing. It is simply the fact that you cast a vote to make it where Abe was no longer in the lead. The vote itself is the only link. However your way of implying that I was a wolf regardless of the outcome of the vote on PB just struck me the wrong way.

And yes I'm well aware you changed your story once I called you on it but I'm taking that for what it is worth to me. You tried to sneak something in, got caught and then changed your story to try an make me happy.

Not defending Danny here but here are the posible outcomes based on the votes now.

1) Danny lynched and a wolf. Good for us in that we get a wolf. Makes us still suspicious of Abe due to the day one vote but not any more suspicious than now.

2) Danny lynched and a villager. Bad for us. Still have no clue about Abe. Puts us another day behind.

3) Abe lynched and a wolf. Good for us. We look at Danny next, especially if Abe is the brutal.

4) Abe lynched and is a villager. Bad for us. Danny's day one vote pretty much meaningless at that point.

What we know about Abe. PB voted him (a possible "I know who the wolves are vote"). PB made no attempt to save himself when the vote was between him and Abe that day. If Abe were a villager why wouldn't PB be going all out to get the vote shifted to him as it would only help the wolves (we would be lynching a villager day one and then turn on PB day two which still counts against us in the numbers game and gives the wolves a chance to "hide" their votes for the first two days)?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #250
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yay! WW is back

GIT R DUN!!!