Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #401
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Also worthy of note, Clap, Pass and Schmidty all could have switched their vote to save Abe before Kwhit's last second vote.

I think Schmidty is playing a very un-Schmidty like game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #402
Danny
Head Coach

I also want to note something Dubb did suspiciously today. He kept his vote off of of the main two candidates and said he would switch if Kwhit tied it up.

If Kwhit makes the vote on Telle to tie it up, Dubb could then follow on Telle, and simply say he was saving the village by breaking the tie and put the heat on Kwhit.

Again, not damning, but something to consider.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #403
Danny
Head Coach

Also, on day one, Kwhit pushed for Abe NOT to be scanned. A wolf would have wanted their cunning wolf scanned. I really do not think Kwhit makes that post as a fellow wolf.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #404
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I also want to note something Dubb did suspiciously today. He kept his vote off of of the main two candidates and said he would switch if Kwhit tied it up.

If Kwhit makes the vote on Telle to tie it up, Dubb could then follow on Telle, and simply say he was saving the village by breaking the tie and put the heat on Kwhit.

Again, not damning, but something to consider.

I already said I was breaking the tie with a vote on Telle. I was wrong. Simple as that. Just couldn't see PB throwing a vote on Abe early in day one like that considering his role. Still isn't a play that makes a damn bit of sense to me. Anyone getting an early vote on day 1 is an easy bandwagon candidate. Why PB would have done that still boggles my mind.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #405
Danny
Head Coach

Poli also placed two big votes on Abe yesterday and today, so he is not on my high suspicion list.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #406
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I already said I was breaking the tie with a vote on Telle. I was wrong. Simple as that. Just couldn't see PB throwing a vote on Abe early in day one like that considering his role. Still isn't a play that makes a damn bit of sense to me. Anyone getting an early vote on day 1 is an easy bandwagon candidate. Why PB would have done that still boggles my mind.

I understand, but it doesn't look great since you have avoided voting for Abe on three straight days and was pushing strongly for a second candidate yesterday (me) before Abe could be a runaway.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #407
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Poli also placed two big votes on Abe yesterday and today, so he is not on my high suspicion list.

I have played with Poli before. His "big votes" mean nothing. Same with me when I'm bad my voting pattern is always meaningless. If Poli is bad he will have a better voting pattern then he will when he is good. With that said I'm pretty sure I got Poli pegged as a good guy.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #408
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I understand, but it doesn't look great since you have avoided voting for Abe on three straight days and was pushing strongly for a second candidate yesterday (me) before Abe could be a runaway.

KWhit did vouche for me(by virtue of starting PM). And I was able to get PB due to a PM issue. If I was bad I wouldn't have been able to do all of this.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #409
Danny
Head Coach

That is true, my guts still tells me you are not a wolf FWIW, but obviously three straight days of not voting for the wolf on the block is suspicious. Fortunately for you, you're not alone in that.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #410
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow..... yay!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #411
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I have played with Poli before. His "big votes" mean nothing. Same with me when I'm bad my voting pattern is always meaningless. If Poli is bad he will have a better voting pattern then he will when he is good. With that said I'm pretty sure I got Poli pegged as a good guy.
Really? I never thought I did.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #412
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd say if I were a wolf...wouldn't it be ridiculously easy for me to move my vote at the last minute to save Abe yesterday?

What if the tie break would have been the first to the vote count? That would have been Abe. If I'm a wolf, do I risk that? I don't think so.

Heck, I know I wouldn't allow that.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #413
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I'd say if I were a wolf...wouldn't it be ridiculously easy for me to move my vote at the last minute to save Abe yesterday?

What if the tie break would have been the first to the vote count? That would have been Abe. If I'm a wolf, do I risk that? I don't think so.

Heck, I know I wouldn't allow that.

Eh, moving votes to save fellow wolves has always been a failed prospect. The best way is to vote for the wolves early or cast condemning votes to condemn fellow wolves. That is how I've always played it so that is how I've always seen it. And it has always worked.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #414
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Schmidty is playing a very un-Schmidty like game.

I haven't played with you in so long, I don't think you can assess my play-style anymore. I used to be an angry bastard back then (now I'm much calmer - sort of), and then recently, before I lost my job, I've been very inactive when I play. People can confirm that. Now I have more time, so I'm a little bit more active.

Anyway, I don't blame people for looking at me. That's WW.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #415
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Still, I think rather than leave it up for a tiebreaker that seemingly would have gone against me...I would have done something to make that NOT a tie.

I know this 100%. You know me. You know that's how I'd play it.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #416
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Maybe the game's past me by, but that's how I presume I'd play it. No Wolf Left Behind.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #417
Danny
Head Coach

Just for a summary

Player Breakdown

Danny
Day 1- Second vote on PB
Day 2- First vote on Abe, pushed for his lynch. Revealed as Stella, the wife hour or so before deadline.
Day 3- First vote on Abe, pushed for his lynch

Claphamsa
Day 1- Voted Pass- first one to vote
Day 2- Voted Telle in a close wolf-villager race
Day 3- Voted Telle in 5-3 race

Overall, I think day two a wolf votes for me when Clap voted for Telle. Today, with 5-3, I think a wolf considers it a lost cause and does not support the likely to die wolf.

Peregrine
Day 1-Voted Eaglefan
Day 2-Voted Telle in a close Wolf-Villager run off
Day 3-4th vote on Abe in a 3-2 race.

Passacaglia
Day 1- Voted Clap
Day 2- No vote when had the opportunity to break the tie
Day 3-Started Vote on Telle when Abe was down 2-0.

His second day looks bad, but on the third day I am not sure a wolf doesn't simply just on Abe to gain trust or make it look like a runaway. Still, doesn't look great and needs to be near the top of the suspect list.

Telle
Day 1- Voted Abe, second vote which assured Abe would be a lynch candidate.
Day 2- Voted Abe
Day 3- Voted Abe

Telle is at the top of my trust list.

Poli
Day 1- Voted Peregrine
Day 2- Voted Abe, second one on Abe assuring he would be a candidate
Day 3- Voted Abe

Not as cleared as Telle by any means, but a good voting record puts him near the bottom of the suspect list.

Dubb
Day 1-Voted PB, caught him in some sort of PM thing
Day 2-Voted Danny, pushed for his lynch all day
Day 3-Voted Pass, said he would have switched to Telle in a tie vote.

Chief Rum
Day 1- No vote
Day 2- Voted Danny to tie the vote
Day 3-Voted Abe to make it 2-0

Chief's actions put him at the top of my list. I could easily see a wolf realizing Abe is likely a goner today after I became more trusted and tried to vote early to gain trust.

Kwhit
Day 1- Voted PB as the deciding vote, Pushed for Abe not be scanned
Day 2- No vote
Day 3- No vote

Day 1 vote looks bad, but if he is a villager it's simply a 50-50 shot there and I would have made the same vote. Pushing for Abe not be scanned is very un wolf like and I don't see him going two days without votes if a fellow wolf is on the block.

Schmidty
Day 1- Voted Poli
Day 2- Voted Danny, also pushed for my lynching
Day 3- Backed off my lynching, but still avoided an Abe vote by going with Telle to make the vote 4-3.

His vote today may have been a bit late to save Abe and a wolf may have just put that vote on Abe to gain trust.

I still think I am going with CR next. I fairly sure a wolf put a vote on Abe today and it's likely one of the two that did not push for Abe's lynch yesterday.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #418
Danny
Head Coach

You can tell I got lazy after writing mine, I stopped bolding the player names and putting Abe's name in red.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #419
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You can tell I got lazy after writing mine, I stopped bolding the player names and putting Abe's name in red.

Lazy or not atleast we have someone putting in some work on the villagers side.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #420
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

awesome job guys!

funny thing is abe was one of 2 people i had considered scanning on N1 - i actually ended up putting in the other for the other person, guess that was a good thing
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #421
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A belated Go Villegars!!!

Saw my fate this morning and it was almost timely as today has been CRAZY.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #422
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I wanted to clear up that my "Go Villegars" was just me being a smart@#$ in my own weird way and it has no meaning what so ever (I'm just very tired and my mind drew a blank when I went to post).

Thought about it after posting and wanted to clear it up just so it doesn't cause any confusion.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #423
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hell yeah! really nice job in nailing the vampire, plus we ended the "showdown."
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #424
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also worthy of note, Clap, Pass and Schmidty all could have switched their vote to save Abe before Kwhit's last second vote. Doesn't clear them as they might not have wanted to stand out or even been on for the deadline, but something to note.

I may go for Chief Rum next. He made the tying vote yesterday, avoided Abe on day one, and put the second vote on Abe tonight when he might just have assumed Abe was going to be a runaway after I revealed and was looking to gain some trust on what he felt was lost cause.

Oh, come on, Danny, now you're trying to mislead like Peregrine before. I don't deny that I'm not above suspicion, nor do I have any way of proving otherwise (just a villegar), but at least let's be honest if you're going to lead me to the hangman's noose.

The tying vote is the one thing I think is legit. I have explained why I did it (and that I wouldn't have if I thought The Jackal would do a no lynch), there were other people around who could have changed that result (I did it sometime before deadline), and we had two no-votes that day.

"Avoid Abe" on Day One? If I were a wolf, why would I avoid Abe with a villager as the other lynch option? Why wouldn't I just vote for the villager? You're being silly there to try to trump up a weak case. What happened is exactly what did, and something I never lie about (outside stuff affecting my game)--I was in a rush between two jobs, and I did not get back on line to put in a vote.

Today was hardly a runaway, was it? 5-4? And quite a few times today, if I were a wolf, I could have switched to save Abe, but I didn't. Expecting a runaway? Okay, maybe if I put in the third vote. The second vote? That's initiating the socalled runaway? Why would a fellow wolf do that?

Come on, Danny, think about this a bit. At least you have three days to mull it over.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #425
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Danny, to clarify -- when I showed up on Day 2 and it was tied, it was after deadline. Even though The Jackal had not arrived, I was pretty sure my vote wasn't going to count. Definitely blame me for not getting in a vote when I left work (I should have realized that I might not get back in time), just don't blame me for not voting once I got back.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #426
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh, come on, Danny, now you're trying to mislead like Peregrine before. I don't deny that I'm not above suspicion, nor do I have any way of proving otherwise (just a villegar), but at least let's be honest if you're going to lead me to the hangman's noose.

The tying vote is the one thing I think is legit. I have explained why I did it (and that I wouldn't have if I thought The Jackal would do a no lynch), there were other people around who could have changed that result (I did it sometime before deadline), and we had two no-votes that day.

"Avoid Abe" on Day One? If I were a wolf, why would I avoid Abe with a villager as the other lynch option? Why wouldn't I just vote for the villager? You're being silly there to try to trump up a weak case. What happened is exactly what did, and something I never lie about (outside stuff affecting my game)--I was in a rush between two jobs, and I did not get back on line to put in a vote.

Today was hardly a runaway, was it? 5-4? And quite a few times today, if I were a wolf, I could have switched to save Abe, but I didn't. Expecting a runaway? Okay, maybe if I put in the third vote. The second vote? That's initiating the socalled runaway? Why would a fellow wolf do that?

Come on, Danny, think about this a bit. At least you have three days to mull it over.

I realize this is how you see your actions. I see them differently. I think tying the vote and putting me at risk and then switching the next day when Abe looks like he will be the lynch more easily stand out in my mind. I think you are a strong enough player where you don't put me at risk day 2 when we learn so much from lynching Abe and he obviously has no role.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #427
Danny
Head Coach

CR, I would welcome your thoughts about other players. I'm certainly not stuck on you for Monday and there are other players who look suspicious as well.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #428
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

l
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #429
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
l

Well said?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #430
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, I would welcome your thoughts about other players. I'm certainly not stuck on you for Monday and there are other players who look suspicious as well.

IMO, the suspicions about other players have already been pretty well spelled out. I view the above by you as a deflecting move to avoid answering my points regarding how you have chosen to eliminate form consideration some players as potential wolves for the same reasons you want to lynch me, and how you chose to phrase your arguments against me (the "avoid Abe" description of Day One, for instance, which makes absolutely no sense). I challenge on the fallacies of those, and instead of responding to that challenge, you say, "I believe what, I believe, hey other players are suspicious, who do you think we should look at?"

Sorry, Danny, I'm not one to let someone go unchallenged when he makes weak arguments and then refuses to back them up when thus challenged, even from someone I have to deem as cleared as you are. Even the most cleared of villagers can still be flawed in their thinking regarding others in the game, and your target lock in here is very much off course.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #431
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
IMO, the suspicions about other players have already been pretty well spelled out. I view the above by you as a deflecting move to avoid answering my points regarding how you have chosen to eliminate form consideration some players as potential wolves for the same reasons you want to lynch me, and how you chose to phrase your arguments against me (the "avoid Abe" description of Day One, for instance, which makes absolutely no sense). I challenge on the fallacies of those, and instead of responding to that challenge, you say, "I believe what, I believe, hey other players are suspicious, who do you think we should look at?"

Sorry, Danny, I'm not one to let someone go unchallenged when he makes weak arguments and then refuses to back them up when thus challenged, even from someone I have to deem as cleared as you are. Even the most cleared of villagers can still be flawed in their thinking regarding others in the game, and your target lock in here is very much off course.

I haven't eliminated anyone except Telle as a potential wolf. I made arguments for why you look suspicious to me. I know you counter argued that and think you tying up the vote was not a bad move, but I don't really see it. You putting the tie vote on me is suspicious when you are a smart enough player to realize what PB did on day one was largely suspicious and damning to Abe. Maybe you didn't have enough time to really consider that since I know you missed day one, but still I thought is was uncharacterized of you to miss something like that. Then on day three, I think it is likely that at least one wolf puts a vote on Abe, one of which is you.

You might be a wolf, you might not, but you are clearly in the list of top suspects and deservedly so. But you're not alone.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #432
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not really sure what else you want. That's my case for you, you provided yours, but I just don't see your reasoning clearing you from suspicion.

You did miss the vote day one, so I guess you didn't really avoid Abe, but the arguments from day 2 and 3 still stand.

And I asked how you felt about other players because if you are a villager, you're a strong player and I wanted to know your thoughts. While you are on my list, maybe even at the top, I'm not locked into voting for you tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #433
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not really sure what else you want. That's my case for you, you provided yours, but I just don't see your reasoning clearing you from suspicion.

You did miss the vote day one, so I guess you didn't really avoid Abe, but the arguments from day 2 and 3 still stand.

And I asked how you felt about other players because if you are a villager, you're a strong player and I wanted to know your thoughts. While you are on my list, maybe even at the top, I'm not locked into voting for you tomorrow.

I understand you don't agree with my reasoning, and that's fine. As I said before, I can't disprove anything except with my death.

I already stated that the Day Two vote is unavoidably suspicious, but I made the vote the way I saw it then, and I stand by it. Sorry, but you dropping a reveal as one of the harmless good roles an hour before deadline on a lightly posted day is not enough for me to assume you're a villager. It took going much longer than that to be sure (which is why I voted for Abe the next day). We disagree on that, fine, but that's the way I saw it.

My first issue with the rest was your word choice on Day One. I am glad to see you retract that here, although it disappoints me I had to point it out twice to you before you retracted it. That doesn't speak to me of someone who is of an open mind to consider other suspects.

My second issue was your use of wolf votes to excuse others, while using the same to damn me, particularly with the third vote. You characterize that as an expected runaway vote, and that's how I could be a wolf and vote second for Abe, and yet you did not at all acknowledge the fact that the vote did not end up a runaway at all, and that I posted as late as within an hour and a half of the deadline, and yet made no motion to save Abe in what had become a close race. Meanwhile, you declare others innocent simply for placing their votes on Abe at any point in the game.

Sorry, none of this speaks of someone willing to consider other suspects, no matter what public lip service you're trying to give that notion here.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 AM   #434
Danny
Head Coach

The reason I ignored you point out my comment about day one is because I forgot I had said that and didn't know what you were talking about.

I don't see where I dismissed anyone as a possible wolf except for Telle. She put the second vote on Abe on Day 1. That's well before he was a suspect. There's no way a wolf makes that vote. Everyone else is a suspect to me right now.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #435
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hmmmmmm, no jackyl!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #436
The Jackal
Coordinator

Results in a little bit, sorry.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #437
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Rock me, roll me, The Jackal me off.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #438
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

er.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #439
The Jackal
Coordinator

It is the middle of the night, but there is a lone figure standing on the street corner. Flecks of snow press against his cheek and ricochet. There is no warmth on this skin.

He walks to the center of the street and pulls down the hood concealing his face. It is a grizzled visage of horror, of pain.. of too many years that should never have been seen.

"You can come out now," the creature says, looking in no particular direction.

Out of an alleyway steps a man, cloak rapping on his shoulders in a steadily increasing wind.

"I'll give you and yours one chance to get out of my town."

The vampire laughed, a chilling vibration that ceased as sharply as it began.

They launched at each other, each predicting the others' movement, but the vampire much faster. Soon the man is ragged and tired, and he is hurled into the side of a building. The vampire, sensing weakness, launches itself on top of him, sheathing his sharp nails in the man's neck, his jugular torn apart.

The vampire stands up. He heads to the center of town, leaving the corpse in the snow, a spreading stain its only legacy.

The vampire replaces his hood and reaches down under his vest, removing a piece of sharpened wood. It looks up to the sky one last time, then crumbles into ashes.

Danny was Eben!

Chief Rum was the Master Vampire!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #440
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

WOA!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #441
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Yay danny!!!! woot!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #442
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hmm, so Danny fake revealed as the wife.. even though he wasnt... awesome move!

sO we probably have only one vamp left?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #443
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

woudl be nice for the real wife to come out, so we can start building the COT! (no reason not to now)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #444
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Nice job, Danny! The only problem is that now that you're gone, someone else is going to have to pick up the slack analysis-wise. I'll see what I can do after completing some of the work I really should do.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #445
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Well Danny trusted Telle implicitly, so there is a good start!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #446
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so yesterday, voting for telle was me(good) Abe (bad) Pass and CR (bad) also, dumping his vote was Dubb.

vote passacaligula!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #447
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

although I would like dubb to explain his vote some.... Im sure he did, but please rehash!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #448
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

but I think everyone should vote for me or Pass

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #449
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hopefully my color tags work:

Peregrine -- EagleFan, Telle,Abe Sargent
claphamsa -- Passacaglia, None, Telle
Passacaglia -- claphamsa,Telle, Telle
Telle -- Abe Sargent,Abe Sargent,Abe Sargent
Poli -- Peregrine, Abe Sargent,Abe Sargent
dubb93 -- PurdueBrad, Danny,Passacaglia
KWhit -- PurdueBrad, None, None
Schmidty -- Poli,Danny, Telle
Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #450
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Red is a vote for a villager, blue is a vote for a wolf, and purple is the cultist.