Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #51
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's why the reveal will happen 15 minutes after deadline. I'll send the PMs to people who need to move to a new thread right at deadline, and they'll have that 15 minutes to get used to the idea before I make the reveal.

What about those of us who have issues with attachment? I may not want to leave my current city for another!

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #52
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Heck, it's going to be tough not to accidentally click on the wrong thread in general.

Accidentally clicking on the thread will probably happen, and is understandable -- we had a setup like this in the Survivor game, and if people did it, they'd usually post in their own thread that they messed up, and it wasn't a problem.

The only time that it becomes important is if you're in the process of dying and see your own death revealed (and likely the reveal of someone else's death in the same post). That's why it's important to check your PMs first.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #53
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
1. What is the motivation to attack the other city?
2. I assume that wolves can be either a marathon runner or phoenix?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #54
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What about those of us who have issues with attachment? I may not want to leave my current city for another!

Then I would advise making sure people don't vote for you, and that wolves and Ephors don't kill you.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #55
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1. What is the motivation to attack the other city?
2. I assume that wolves can be either a marathon runner or phoenix?

1. I dunno -- that's for you guys to decide!
2. Yes -- one marathon runner will be a villager, and one will be a wolf. Each phoenix can be either good or evil.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's why the reveal will happen 15 minutes after deadline. I'll send the PMs to people who need to move to a new thread right at deadline, and they'll have that 15 minutes to get used to the idea before I make the reveal.
ic ic
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #57
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Wow, I don't mind you misspeling a word, but at least show some consistency with your speling.



do I know you?
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
So if you get lynched in one thread as a wolf or villager you move to hades as a wolf/villager? Isn't that going to make hades an easy win for the villagers?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #59
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
do I know you?

I'm just messing with you, I made sure to misspell the same word the same way in my post.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #60
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So if you get lynched in one thread as a wolf or villager you move to hades as a wolf/villager? Isn't that going to make hades an easy win for the villagers?

1. Yes, your allegiance will never change in this game.
2. Hopefully not.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #61
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I'll play. I trust you enough to believe that I'm just looking too deep into things and that you have balanced this one well.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #62
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Dubb, from what I can tell the people in Hades should not have knowledge of the people who come from the other city or anything that was revealed about villager/wolf in their home city after they are gone since they cannot read the threads.

Is there a minimum number of days that have to pass before Hades can be declared a victory for wolves by virtue of the 1:1 rule? Good wolf hunting in the villages early could basically screw Hades if there is not some minimum in place.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Although, the people coming later will know about the reveal of the people who died before them in their city ... yeah, that does potentially look like a problem/challenge.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #64
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I'll play. I trust you enough to believe that I'm just looking too deep into things and that you have balanced this one well.

I wouldn't say you're looking too deep into things -- it's definitely a valid concern, and I hope I've addressed it adequately.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dubb, from what I can tell the people in Hades should not have knowledge of the people who come from the other city or anything that was revealed about villager/wolf in their home city after they are gone since they cannot read the threads.

Is there a minimum number of days that have to pass before Hades can be declared a victory for wolves by virtue of the 1:1 rule? Good wolf hunting in the villages early could basically screw Hades if there is not some minimum in place.

No minimum number of days, but a Hades win isn't locked in like Athens or Sparta (which the wolves destroy if they win). So the wolves could technically have 'won' Hades, but it won't matter unless they've already won Athens or Sparta.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #66
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Although, the people coming later will know about the reveal of the people who died before them in their city ... yeah, that does potentially look like a problem/challenge.

Yep. It's definitely something that alters the balance of the game. I think there's enough pro-wolf stuff in the game to keep it even, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #67
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Although, the people coming later will know about the reveal of the people who died before them in their city ... yeah, that does potentially look like a problem/challenge.

That is the point I was trying to bring up.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #68
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
I promise to not vote for PB with my first vote in this thread.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
vote Danny
unvote Danny


... okay, now where were we?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #70
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote Danny
unvote Danny


... okay, now where were we?

I think we were waiting for signups to finish, at which point I'd open the threads where you actually vote and stuff.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 04-16-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
I'm really interested in seeing how this ruleset plays out. Good job Pass!
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #72
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
I'm in if there's room.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #73
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Man, game hasn't even started yet, and I am already UTR.

All right, I am in.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #74
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I'm really interested in seeing how this ruleset plays out. Good job Pass!

Thanks -- hopefully playing it is as much fun as looking forward to it!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #75
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
It's like a WW renaissance going on around here. Lots of people the past few games.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #76
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Why doesn't Saldana play anymore?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #77
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Massachusetts
oooh is there still spots?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #78
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Massachusetts
so is one phoenix good and one evil? also - is there no way to kill the phoenixes?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-16-2009 at 07:18 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Why doesn't Saldana play anymore?

a few reasons.

He/ We play WoW pretty often and with 2 kids he has to divide his time.

His wife started working at night so he had to watch his daughters and since he didn't have time to keep up at work it was a chore to catch up at night.

I'll see if I can bring him around.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #80
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oooh is there still spots?

Sure are -- I have no limit in mind.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #81
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Massachusetts
IN
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #82
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so is one phoenix good and one evil? also - is there no way to kill the phoenixes?

Not necessarily -- one person from each city will be a phoenix, but they could be good or evil. The phoenix dies when killed in its home city for the second time.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #83
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
a few reasons.

He/ We play WoW pretty often and with 2 kids he has to divide his time.

His wife started working at night so he had to watch his daughters and since he didn't have time to keep up at work it was a chore to catch up at night.

I'll see if I can bring him around.

Yeah, you definitely should -- I'll even promise to make no girl jokes the whole game! (can't promise for anyone else though )
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #84
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, you definitely should -- I'll even promise to make no girl jokes the whole game! (can't promise for anyone else though )

He doesn't mind the girl jokes.

I just sent him a text.

He also pretty much stopped coming to FOFC all together.

At the risk of putting words in his mouth he got tired of some people in GD and the way they acted etc... Some people make their mission to spoil the posting enjoyment of others.

He actually said to me the recenty " I have no idea why you still go there" after an incident I had with someone being extremely insulting towards me.

I think with werewolf it is an out of sight out of mind thing.

Last edited by Lathum : 04-16-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #85
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
By the way, I better damn well be a Spartan!!!
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #86
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

He actually said to me the recenty " I have no idea why you still go there" after an incident I had with someone being extremely insulting towards me.

I think with werewolf it is an out of sight out of mind thing.

I totally apologized.



__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #87
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Vote Saldana
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #88
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He doesn't mind the girl jokes.

I just sent him a text.

He also pretty much stopped coming to FOFC all together.

At the risk of putting words in his mouth he got tired of some people in GD and the way they acted etc... Some people make their mission to spoil the posting enjoyment of others.

He actually said to me the recenty " I have no idea why you still go there" after an incident I had with someone being extremely insulting towards me.

I think with werewolf it is an out of sight out of mind thing.

I dont even know what GD is.... so thats good! I post abotu every 2 weeks in OT... but i dont care
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I dont even know what GD is.... so thats good! I post abotu every 2 weeks in OT... but i dont care


GD (General Discussion) is pretty much the same thing as OT (Off Topic)
__________________
Couch to ??k - From the couch to a Marathon in roughly 18 months.


Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #90
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He doesn't mind the girl jokes.

I just sent him a text.

He also pretty much stopped coming to FOFC all together.

At the risk of putting words in his mouth he got tired of some people in GD and the way they acted etc... Some people make their mission to spoil the posting enjoyment of others.

He actually said to me the recenty " I have no idea why you still go there" after an incident I had with someone being extremely insulting towards me.

I think with werewolf it is an out of sight out of mind thing.

Tell him that no one is allowed to just walk away...



(thinking long and hard about any recent posts... I don't think I posted anything that bad... well... at least that a Mets fan would understand... )
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #91
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
As far as I know it really has nothing to do with any WW players.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #92
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He actually said to me the recenty " I have no idea why you still go there" after an incident I had with someone being extremely insulting towards me.

Come on man, you stir the pot as much as anyone.

Anyway, saldana is one of my favorite people on this board. He paid a kindness to me IRL that I will never forget. Just a really, really great guy. I hope he comes around again.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Come on man, you stir the pot as much as anyone.

Anyway, saldana is one of my favorite people on this board. He paid a kindness to me IRL that I will never forget. Just a really, really great guy. I hope he comes around again.

he is a great guy.

And while I agree I stir the pot when it comes to WW the incident I am talking about has nothing to do with WW or anyone who plays WW.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #94
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Hi Saldana!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #95
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
by popular demand

in.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #96
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Good to "see" you, Saldana. I think you have been gone long enough to get the kid gloves treatment for D1 and D2
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #97
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Good to "see" you, Saldana. I think you have been gone long enough to get the kid gloves treatment for D1 and D2

EVERYONE DON'T KILL HOOPSGUY HE IS THE SEER!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #98
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Good to "see" you, Saldana. I think you have been gone long enough to get the kid gloves treatment for D1 and D2

I don't think it would be properly welcoming Saldana back if he isn't voted out day 1..
__________________
Couch to ??k - From the couch to a Marathon in roughly 18 months.


Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Heinze and Sal are back and I see AlanT lurking...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
by popular demand

in.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.