Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #101
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
So assuming DT does not show up should we vote him out. What exactly is the penalty for missing a vote?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #102
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That's true. What it does do I think is in the event we do mess the lynches up, it puts hades in control of the village. I'm on very little sleep from doing homework, but it seems either way it could have a positive effect on hades. I'm still not sure though.

If the goal is to throw Sparta to win Hades we should just declare war.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #103
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So assuming DT does not show up should we vote him out. What exactly is the penalty for missing a vote?

I believe the rules stated that he loses a future vote.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #104
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So assuming DT does not show up should we vote him out. What exactly is the penalty for missing a vote?

It's this:

Quote:
Each day a player misses a vote, a one-vote penalty is added to his vote count, applied throughout the game.

So if someone misses a vote Day 1, they get one vote added to their vote count every day for the rest of the game. If they miss a vote again on Day 2, they get two votes added, and so on.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #105
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If the goal is to throw Sparta to win Hades we should just declare war.

But it's not throwing Sparta, at the 2-1, we do have a decent shot at hitting a wolf. Still a I'm not sure it hurts our chances at winning this game, it just speeds up the process one way or the other. It may be best to wait, but keep the strategy in mind for the future.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #106
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's this:

So if someone misses a vote Day 1, they get one vote added to their vote count every day for the rest of the game. If they miss a vote again on Day 2, they get two votes added, and so on.


Ok, I completely misread that.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #107
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Hmmmm....if it gets closer to deadline and I'm still in reach of a computer and he hasn't showed up I'll probably be voting for him then. That is assuming the village doesn't move to lynch me and I have to preserve myself with a vote.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #108
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
so if its a tie both die? interesting....
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #109
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Question for ya Heinz and how you answer this question determines if I move my vote or not. Why does Claps vote for you not strike you as odd after your comeback, however, my vote for Saldana strikes you as a possible wolf hiding his vote?

I've been voting for Saldana since before it was cool to vote for Saldana.

Oh, claps vote for me definitely strikes me as odd. But clap himself is odd and he's done it for so long now, that I've long since retired a retalitory strategy about it. All that ever seemed to do was get both of us lynched which was rarely if ever villager-beneficial since his vote was just based on his own insanity and desires to mate with me and we'd both just end up as lynched villager.

As far as you voting for Saldana, couple things

A) I don't/didn't know any of the backstory.
B) It's Day One, my reason is as good as any to vote for you.
C) It's far from locked in (my vote that is). If a better alternative pops in or if we need to condense our voting, I'm open to moving.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #110
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So assuming DT does not show up should we vote him out. What exactly is the penalty for missing a vote?
Yes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #111
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
At this rate we'll pass Athens in the next hour
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #112
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Hmmmm....if it gets closer to deadline and I'm still in reach of a computer and he hasn't showed up I'll probably be voting for him then. That is assuming the village doesn't move to lynch me and I have to preserve myself with a vote.

I'd probably do the same. The penalty is really as bad as a death. I mean if he's a no-show wolf, we're in luck. If he's a no-show villager then the wolves will know he's that much easier to get a lynch on. I hate hate hate it when we as villagers leave the spectre of a vanished player around to mess with ideas. It's better to kill them off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #113
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
At this rate we'll pass Athens in the next hour

Well I'm back online, and my diahrrea of the fingers is always post-count beneficial.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #114
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I am not a fan of voting out non-participants because, lets be honest, what are the odds of them being a wolf? Particularly since the wolves are allowed to contact each other and DT is a fairly active, known player, a wolf could IM or e-mail him. I would not go this route but if I'm in the minority, so be it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #115
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Well I'm back online, and my diahrrea of the fingers is always post-count beneficial.

Sounds like fetish ketchup porn.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #116
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I am not a fan of voting out non-participants because, lets be honest, what are the odds of them being a wolf? Particularly since the wolves are allowed to contact each other and DT is a fairly active, known player, a wolf could IM or e-mail him. I would not go this route but if I'm in the minority, so be it.

This is true, but that penalty will be a hassle to us throughout the game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #117
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I am not a fan of voting out non-participants because, lets be honest, what are the odds of them being a wolf? Particularly since the wolves are allowed to contact each other and DT is a fairly active, known player, a wolf could IM or e-mail him. I would not go this route but if I'm in the minority, so be it.

On Day one, with nothing to go off of (really), just as good as anyone else.

The no-shows are just too easy for the wolves to twist into the "he could be this!" or "He could be this!". Heck, I used that one time as a wolf before my hiatus to basically win the game when a player vanished.

With that said, my bet is on DT showing up. I've seen him do this before on Day One.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #118
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Oh, claps vote for me definitely strikes me as odd. But clap himself is odd and he's done it for so long now, that I've long since retired a retalitory strategy about it. All that ever seemed to do was get both of us lynched which was rarely if ever villager-beneficial since his vote was just based on his own insanity and desires to mate with me and we'd both just end up as lynched villager.

As far as you voting for Saldana, couple things

A) I don't/didn't know any of the backstory.
B) It's Day One, my reason is as good as any to vote for you.
C) It's far from locked in (my vote that is). If a better alternative pops in or if we need to condense our voting, I'm open to moving.


o.0
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #119
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I am not a fan of voting out non-participants because, lets be honest, what are the odds of them being a wolf? Particularly since the wolves are allowed to contact each other and DT is a fairly active, known player, a wolf could IM or e-mail him. I would not go this route but if I'm in the minority, so be it.
I agree with heinz. On Day 1, the odds are just as good as anything and nonparticipation, whether by villager or wolf, hurts the village in the long run. If we get rid of them Day 1 it's a good thing. And if DT shows up later he can still play in Hades.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #120
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Im indifferent about voting for people who don't check in... but I agree with the never ending vote penalty, we should vote him out....

unvote heinze
vote DT
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #121
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
How often though is the person we vote out for non-participation a wolf? It isn't about keeping DT in the game, it's about not hurting the village by taking out any kind of villager regardless of participation. This argument completely backfires here if DT is a wolf but I think we're better off crossing him off for now, and looking for the two wolves in the other eight spots. I think DT not showing yet could be a benefit.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #122
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Unvote Saldana
Vote Heinze
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #123
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
unvote Danny
vote BK
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #124
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I urge you to move your vote back Clap.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #125
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
How often though is the person we vote out for non-participation a wolf? It isn't about keeping DT in the game, it's about not hurting the village by taking out any kind of villager regardless of participation. This argument completely backfires here if DT is a wolf but I think we're better off crossing him off for now, and looking for the two wolves in the other eight spots. I think DT not showing yet could be a benefit.

I don't know DT's situation, but it is Monday morning. It's not a mid week no show. I could easily see a villager or a wolf not showing up if out of town for the weekend or something. But I don't know his situation. Did he say anything in the game sign up thread?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #126
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I don't know DT's situation, but it is Monday morning. It's not a mid week no show. I could easily see a villager or a wolf not showing up if out of town for the weekend or something. But I don't know his situation. Did he say anything in the game sign up thread?

I think he said he would play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #127
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I think he said he would play.

Well that reveals a lot
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #128
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Well that reveals a lot

Doin what I can.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #129
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I'm not going to go down fighting for DT, I just think it is a mistake to look there just because he hasn't shown up. I believe that much more often than not, this move nets a villager. I know what I am, I don't believe the no-show is a wolf, that means I have a 2 in 7 chance of hitting a wolf here (approximately 28.5%). I would much rather take this chance.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #130
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Unvote Saldana
Vote Heinze

Not that I didn't see your switch to me coming, but I'd still like to know where my reasoning failed you. I'm sorry if you feel the need to retaliate because you were my semi-random Day One vote, but I don't think it's going to help the village here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #131
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm not going to go down fighting for DT, I just think it is a mistake to look there just because he hasn't shown up. I believe that much more often than not, this move nets a villager. I know what I am, I don't believe the no-show is a wolf, that means I have a 2 in 7 chance of hitting a wolf here (approximately 28.5%). I would much rather take this chance.

2 in 7? Aren't there 10 in this game? That would be two in 8 unless you just slipped up and counted DT, you, and your wolf buddy. If that were the case the entire hit a wolf part would just be BS you threw in.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #132
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm not going to go down fighting for DT, I just think it is a mistake to look there just because he hasn't shown up. I believe that much more often than not, this move nets a villager. I know what I am, I don't believe the no-show is a wolf, that means I have a 2 in 7 chance of hitting a wolf here (approximately 28.5%). I would much rather take this chance.

Of course it hits a villager more often though, no matter what we have an 80% chance (more if you factor in the wolves being able to manipulate things) of hitting a villager. I don't think given the situation of a Monday morning no show that it has any impact on him being a wolf or not. And I think it's dangerous to assume going forward (whether we lynch him or not) that he is good just because he didn't show over the weekend or on Monday morning.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #133
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Not that I didn't see your switch to me coming, but I'd still like to know where my reasoning failed you. I'm sorry if you feel the need to retaliate because you were my semi-random Day One vote, but I don't think it's going to help the village here.

It's not a vote just because you voted me. I just don't like your logic in giving Clap a pass and then voting me for voting Sal. You didn't sell it to me very well.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #134
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I urge you to move your vote back Clap.


why?
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #135
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
why?

To condense the voting.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #136
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
If DT doesn't show up he's an easy target closer to deadline. No sense putting pressure on people that aren't even here.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #137
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It's not a vote just because you voted me. I just don't like your logic in giving Clap a pass and then voting me for voting Sal. You didn't sell it to me very well.

Fair enough. I don't really know what else to say other than my vote for you wasn't all that serious and that I've learned from past experience just to ignore Clap's repetitive voting for me on Day One or Two of every game.

But hey, at least if you're going to lynch me for it I'm not all the way dead in this game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #138
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
unvote Danny
vote BK

????
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #139
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
heinze, i will tell you this...Dubb's day one vote for me is probably more deserved than any other day one vote in FOFC werewolf history.

i will also tell you this, my vote for him is purely nostalgic, and I will move it to someone else if it actually ends up being a factor in his being lynched on day 1
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #140
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
2 in 7? Aren't there 10 in this game? That would be two in 8 unless you just slipped up and counted DT, you, and your wolf buddy. If that were the case the entire hit a wolf part would just be BS you threw in.

Sorry dubb, I thought we were the village with 9, not 10. There is an uneven number of players I believe and I thought we were the smaller village.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #141
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
????


i was wondering about this one too?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #142
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
????

dubb, are you enjoying casting suspicion my way? I moved my vote in the midst of my argument for not trying to lynch DT and put it on one of the people making such a push. Sorry, thought it was self-explanatory.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #143
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
We surged past Athens
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #144
Passacaglia
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Big Ten Country
Vote count:

Quote:
saldana -- 0
Danny -- 0
jeheinz72 -- 1 dubb93 (122)
dubb93 -- 2 jeheinz72 (19) saldana (60)
The Jackal -- 1 Poli (25)
Poli -- 2 The Jackal (26) Barkeep49 (41)
DaddyTorgo -- 1 claphamsa (120)
Barkeep49 -- 1 PurdueBrad (123)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #145
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: non white trash MD
yay we caught Athens!

Also, I think Dubb is just chucking suspicion at everyone, and hoping shit sticks!
__________________
Dominating Warewolf for 0 games!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #146
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
[quote=PurdueBrad;1996559]dubb, are you enjoying casting suspicion my way? [quote]

I'm throwing suspecion everyones way today.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #147
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Unvote Heinz
Vote PB
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #148
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Let me throw some back, but I've usually read the generation of drama and push to put attention on others a wolf-tactic, particularly early. All it does is create confusion, multiple vote moves which muddies the data, and pushes attention away from yourself. Just saying...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #149
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
unvote BK
vote dubb

reasons stated above. If it is a showdown between dubb and I, so be it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #150
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
heinze, i will tell you this...Dubb's day one vote for me is probably more deserved than any other day one vote in FOFC werewolf history.

i will also tell you this, my vote for him is purely nostalgic, and I will move it to someone else if it actually ends up being a factor in his being lynched on day 1

And that's cool. I mean I assumed there was *some* reason for his vote. And like I said, when I saw he posed the question, I knew he was switching to me basically no matter how I answered.

Even with his vote, I'm likely to switch if needed to condense votes or save myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.