Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
I don't recall if this was noted in the rules...

...the King can receive Lynch votes, right?

I realize the King has Duke rights as well, so that may be tricky as is, but still a good point to know.

Speaking more on the King rule, I will now ask dubb what I will horarily call the Dubb Question, since he was the one that used this to hide himself last game: When a King breaks a tie, is it by his choice (in PM) or by his vote?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #102
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I was trying to figure out what op stood for, unfortunately.

I didn't "figure" top out either, I just thought CR was using some new trendy acronym and didn't give it any more than a second of thought.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
And in response CR - "The king is a public role. On day one the players will elect a new king. If the king is killed a new election will be held. The election will be over four hours prior to voting deadline and the new king will assume his duty at that point. The king MAY be ANY player in the game regardless of private role and/or light/dark aura. A king must elected by the majority of voters in order to take the crown. A tie vote results in no king being elected. A failure to elect a king will result in extremely dire consequences for the village."

It looks like we need to get a King today or we're in some sort of unnamed trouble.

Got it, thanks Jackal (abd dubb).

Okay, let's spell out these election rules.

dubb, when you say "majority", you mean an actual majority, as in 11 votes minimum will have to be placed on the King to elect, right? Or do you mean a plurality, highest votes take it, regardless of number?

Am I also to guess that the "dire consequences" to the village will happen whether we choose not to vote for a King, have a tie that removes the election of a King, or do not achieve an actual majority? Meaning, regardless of how we fail, if we do not have a King at the election deadline, "dire consequences" will ensue?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I didn't "figure" top out either, I just thought CR was using some new trendy acronym and didn't give it any more than a second of thought.

Heh...I don't do anything trendy.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
BTW, in case anyone is wondering, I need to get my numbers up at work, so I will probably be posting much less during the day in this one. So I am getting my posts out now, lol.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #106
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Got it, thanks Jackal (abd dubb).

Okay, let's spell out these election rules.

dubb, when you say "majority", you mean an actual majority, as in 11 votes minimum will have to be placed on the King to elect, right? Or do you mean a plurality, highest votes take it, regardless of number?

Am I also to guess that the "dire consequences" to the village will happen whether we choose not to vote for a King, have a tie that removes the election of a King, or do not achieve an actual majority? Meaning, regardless of how we fail, if we do not have a King at the election deadline, "dire consequences" will ensue?

Big words.

Yea highest vote takes it. A tie results in no lynch.

The king is able to receive lynch votes. The king is not able to duke the vote if it is him that is being lynched.

When I say dire consequences I mean dire consequences. If there is not a king elected on a day where a king is supposed to be elected there will be dire consequences for the village. Does not matter why he was not elected.

I will assume the king's tie break is his vote unless he sends me a PM. I will give him 10 minutes after the deadline to take everything in and decide if he wishes to go a direction other than his vote. At that point I will no longer accept a PM.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Big words.

Yea highest vote takes it. A tie results in no lynch.

The king is able to receive lynch votes. The king is not able to duke the vote if it is him that is being lynched.

When I say dire consequences I mean dire consequences. If there is not a king elected on a day where a king is supposed to be elected there will be dire consequences for the village. Does not matter why he was not elected.

I will assume the king's tie break is his vote unless he sends me a PM. I will give him 10 minutes after the deadline to take everything in and decide if he wishes to go a direction other than his vote. At that point I will no longer accept a PM.

Ah, so he does have the option to not go with his vote, but the underlying assumption is it is his vote. Will this ability be contingent upon him choosing from the candidates involved in the tie? Or does a tie sorta "free" the King to make an extra Duke lynch, where he can choose anyone (but still keep his Duke lynch for later)?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #108
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ah, so he does have the option to not go with his vote, but the underlying assumption is it is his vote. Will this ability be contingent upon him choosing from the candidates involved in the tie? Or does a tie sorta "free" the King to make an extra Duke lynch, where he can choose anyone (but still keep his Duke lynch for later)?

He must choose between the people involved in the tie unless he wishes to use up his duke ability.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 10:26 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OK, so I am alittle freaked out about Schmidty being King, or I should say the way he came about as a possible candidate.

BK mentions, him and Schmidty says sure. Now they HAVE to know people are going to bring up Schmidtys schedule as an issue, then Schmidty plays the hurt feelings card and the I want to prove myself card and people feel bad and that could earn him some votes.

The fact that the King can't be scanned just gives me the willies, especially after witnessing the way Dubb played last game a a wolf in power.

Now I'm not saying Schmidty as a villager wouldn't do a good job, I am just saying I could see BK concoct this plan to lead us in this direction.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #110
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Elect Hoopsguy as King

I know he's a strong wolf, but if is a villager he probably is the best choice.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
I tend to agree with you, Lathum, that it seems like we shouldn't jump on the Schmidty bandwagon, with how quickly he was put up for election.

That said, I frankly don't think it would be wise for the village to keep the first King alive anyway. Not after a couple days, at least.

So if Schmidty's fine with that, I have less of an issue electing him.

I do think we should have other options. Keep in mind, we should have a clear candidate near the deadline. I don't want a situation where the wolves or the cultist could manipulate the vote into a tie, figuring "dire consequences" would be worth sacrificing oneself in the game.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #112
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Now they HAVE to know people are going to bring up Schmidtys schedule as an issue, then Schmidty plays the hurt feelings card and the I want to prove myself card and people feel bad and that could earn him some votes.

It's not a "card". It was the truth. If it disturbs you that much, I'll just

Unvote Schmidty as King

Adios.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It's not a "card". It was the truth. If it disturbs you that much, I'll just

Unvote Schmidty as King

Adios.

Adios, as in, you're leaving the game?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It's not a "card". It was the truth. If it disturbs you that much, I'll just

Unvote Schmidty as King

Adios.

Jesus Christ dude, don't get all pissy because I question your motives for wanting to be king or how you are attempting to gather support. That's part of the game. Deal with it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #115
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Adios, as in, you're leaving the game?

No, just adios as in, I'm leaving the thread for a minute. I'm watching the Tigers.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #116
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jesus Christ dude, don't get all pissy because I question your motives for wanting to be king or how you are attempting to gather support. That's part of the game. Deal with it.

You are such a spaz sometimes. I'm not mad, and I'm not leaving the game, I was just leaving the thread for a bit.

I'm just going with what is obvious - there's no way you guys are going to let me be King, so I'm letting things go in a different direction without causing a problem.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
No, just adios as in, I'm leaving the thread for a minute. I'm watching the Tigers.

I'm watching, too. Zumaya got jobbed on that walk pitch to Kendrick.

Glad you're not leaving the game.

Lathum said the same thing about me, you know, but it's no big deal, and it shouldn't be to you either.

For instance, if there was a role that required absolute calm and evenhandedness, Lathum is the last person I would want to vote in to that role, no matter if he was even saying he was taking Lithium this week. And I think Lathum would agree with that.

It's completely understandable. You may be right that this game will be different, but it is sensible for the village to consider whether you would be the best candidate for the role, given your generally busy schedule historically in WW games. I'm sure it's frustrating, but that's the way it is--we have to make the decision that is best for the village.

IMO, you should prove what you're saying over the next few days, and we inevitably lynch the first King (I really think that will happen), you can be a top candidate to become the next King.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #118
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Anyway, I'm out for a bit. Taking my kid to some friends.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
For instance, if there was a role that required absolute calm and evenhandedness, Lathum is the last person I would want to vote in to that role, no matter if he was even saying he was taking Lithium this week. And I think Lathum would agree with that.

.

This made me lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Anyway, I'm out for a bit. Taking my kid to some friends.

This is what I am talking about, you are never around.

ducks

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #121
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, so I am alittle freaked out about Schmidty being King, or I should say the way he came about as a possible candidate.

BK mentions, him and Schmidty says sure. Now they HAVE to know people are going to bring up Schmidtys schedule as an issue, then Schmidty plays the hurt feelings card and the I want to prove myself card and people feel bad and that could earn him some votes.

The fact that the King can't be scanned just gives me the willies, especially after witnessing the way Dubb played last game a a wolf in power.

Now I'm not saying Schmidty as a villager wouldn't do a good job, I am just saying I could see BK concoct this plan to lead us in this direction.
Don't make your poor play into a wolf conspiracy. If you didn't think Schmidty would make a good king you should have suggested someone else. You hoops and Danny have turned this into a conversation about Schmidty vs everyone else.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #122
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Don't make your poor play into a wolf conspiracy. If you didn't think Schmidty would make a good king you should have suggested someone else. You hoops and Danny have turned this into a conversation about Schmidty vs everyone else.
Not to mention that we're talking about two players actions here, one of whom is the proposed King. I'm not saying I wouldn't be audacious enough as a wolf to suggest another wolf, I would be. But I often am the first one to kickoff voting on D1 in games and to me this is exactly that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #123
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You hoops and Danny have turned this into a conversation about Schmidty vs everyone else.

We have? I said what I thought about potentially making Schmidty the king and then I put out another candidate. I really don't see where this is a conversation of Schmidty vs. everyone else
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #124
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Not to mention that we're talking about two players actions here, one of whom is the proposed King. I'm not saying I wouldn't be audacious enough as a wolf to suggest another wolf, I would be. But I often am the first one to kickoff voting on D1 in games and to me this is exactly that.

I hate it when people drop the "I always do this" line, because I don't know that to be true, and I don't have the time to check out a whole bunch of games to see if it is.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #125
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I hate it when people drop the "I always do this" line, because I don't know that to be true, and I don't have the time to check out a whole bunch of games to see if it is.
I didn't say "I always" I said "I often". Do you always misread what others say? I don't have time to go back into past games to check if that's common
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Don't make your poor play into a wolf conspiracy. If you didn't think Schmidty would make a good king you should have suggested someone else. You hoops and Danny have turned this into a conversation about Schmidty vs everyone else.

My poor play?

WTF is that supposed to mean?

You are out of your mind if you don't think you are going to get some heat by suggesting a player so early for such a powerful role then that player comes out and says they want the role. Is this your first game?

And how have we turned this into a Schmidty vs. everyone else? You put him out there as a candidate and we are discussing the pro's vs. con's of him having that role.

explain to me what else we should be doing?


And why suggest someone else at this point. I received my role an hour ago, I think we should have some dialouge before just throwing a name out there.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #127
MartinD
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- FWIW I also wouldn't nominate CR for this role because of his schedule.

Sounds like I shouldn't be considered, for similar reasons - I'll be asleep for pretty much every deadline during the game.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #128
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Players:

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. claphamsa
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy
7. Passacaglia
8. Telle
9. The Jackal
10. Danny
11. Autumn
12. Lathum
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo
18. Tyrith
19. path12
20. KWhit
21. Schmidty

Based purely on availability and propensity to post and making relatively rational and logical decisions (asopposed to emotional or "locking in"), these are the guys I think would be good candidates for the King:

Barkeep49
hoopsguy
Passacaglia
Danny
Autumn
path12
KWhit

Others on the list are close, but these are the guys I would have at the top of the list of potential candidates.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Listed as I found them going down the list, not an indication of any order otherwise.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
I dunno about Pass, he tends to lock in at times.

I would say Path or Danny. And no way BK based on his early suggestion of Schmidty
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #131
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I dunno about Pass, he tends to lock in at times.

I would say Path or Danny. And no way BK based on his early suggestion of Schmidty

All of this is open to interpretation. And I would agree completely on BK, whatever his qualifications for the job, you have to not consider him given the early dramatics, at least in this game.

I never noticed a tendency for Pass to lock in, but he barely made my cut as it was (doesn't post quite as prolific as some of the others on the list, doesn't do as much analysis). That's not to say he wouldn't make a good King, but there are others I think are slightly better options.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #132
Tyrith
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
I say heck no to hoops as king. Same logic as last game - I just don't trust him to not completely screw us if he is a bad king, due to his ability to talk his way out of stuff.

Honestly, I'd be fine with Schmidty - I trust him when he says he is up for this, and I think it'd be cool to give him a chance to do something powerful. Plus part of me still feels bad about how the Hulk mind control thing turned out. Given a Schmidty vs. random showdown I would be inclined to vote for him.

And I mostly trust BK as being innocent in regards to this. This seems like a really risky early two for one chance for the wolves.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #133
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
I really have no comments on me pro/anti king. I wanted seer last game for anti-villager reasons. This game I would be interested in king because I know that I'm good, but I'm certainly not going to thump my chest and ask for it.

Wherever it ends up is fine with me, as long as that person is willing to embrace the role, keep current with the thread, and use the power as a thorn in the side of the Dark One and his followers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #134
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I haven't had a smoke in 26 hours. The longest I have gone since I started smoking 7 years ago. May actually kick the habit this time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #135
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I haven't had a smoke in 26 hours. The longest I have gone since I started smoking 7 years ago. May actually kick the habit this time.

Good luck, you can do it.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
Damn it, just got back from vacation tonight and I missed a game start up. Ah well.
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #137
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I haven't had a smoke in 26 hours. The longest I have gone since I started smoking 7 years ago. May actually kick the habit this time.

I've never smoked, but I'm sure it's tough. Keep it up man!!!
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #138
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Honestly, I'd be fine with Schmidty - I trust him when he says he is up for this, and I think it'd be cool to give him a chance to do something powerful. Plus part of me still feels bad about how the Hulk mind control thing turned out. Given a Schmidty vs. random showdown I would be inclined to vote for him.

Yeah, you owe me!!!!
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #139
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Massachusetts
checking in!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #140
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I haven't read through yet, but just saying I'm here. I'll be at the desk in the morning so I'll catch up then and offer whatever thoughts I've come up with.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #141
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
I should be able to check in tomorrow for a Lynch/Jail vote in between jobs, but I better put in my election vote now, as the deadline is before the end of work for me.

VOTE ELECT DANNY KING

I think Danny's fairly steady and analytical, plus if he needs to talk stuff over, I'm around late (so there's a personal reason for me, won't exist for most others, maybe Lathum).
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #142
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
Screw it. I'm just going for it:

Elect Schmidty as King
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Screw it. I'm just going for it:

Elect Schmidty as King

Power to you. If you feel you're the best for the spot, then that's your right. I still think your best option is to go for the position if it opens later in the game.

Regardless of who is elected, I am likely to advocate lynching that person in two or three days time. We have no way of knowing that the first King is a good guy, and no way of finding out. The King can't be scanned, and of course, the Dark One is a Cunning wolf (in any case).
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #144
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Come to think of it, question for dubb:

If we succesfully elect a king, and then lynch him, do we suffer the dire consequences?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 AM   #145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Come to think of it, question for dubb:

If we succesfully elect a king, and then lynch him, do we suffer the dire consequences?

KROD IS A GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #146
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

KROD IS A GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for dubb: Can we elect K-Rod for the King position and then lynch him? M'kay, thanks.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
My king vote would be for sndvls. Really solid player who hasn't payed for a while and I would love to give him a cool role on his first game back.


that being said I also think we should kill the original King early. So I say the seer should scan sndvls N1 and if we haven't heard anything bad about him by D2-3 we elect him King.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My king vote would be for sndvls. Really solid player who hasn't payed for a while and I would love to give him a cool role on his first game back.


that being said I also think we should kill the original King early. So I say the seer should scan sndvls N1 and if we haven't heard anything bad about him by D2-3 we elect him King.

I don't think we should commit to anyone this far ahead of time.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #149
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Wow, I expected to have to catch up on a lot more than this. I do want to get a king contender down, and I'll look through the list and figure out who I'd be comfortable with. But we should also talk strategy about the lynch, and whether it makes most sense to jail or lynch today.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #150
Tyrith
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
I'm conflicted. With, in essence, a random vote, jail seems like a much safer choice, to avoid screw-ups. However, it would mean we would either have let the person rot in jail for days till the king gets lucky - which means we would be better off with them dead - or get them seer scanned.

We could jail for the first 2/3 days then get the seer to tell us all their allegiances, but that narrows the field a lot, and opens us up to screwball wolf tactics. It might just be safer to lynch someone than deal with all that mess.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.