Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
XCrawl: Team 4 - Big Wang Theory ONLY


Team 4 - Big Wang Theory ONLY

This thread is for discussion by Team 4 - Big Wang Theory

If you are not Darth Vilus, Danny, or Autumn get out!

Thanks!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Nice that we picked Good. We're the heroes here! And we have big wangs!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
and lonely maidens :-)

I'd say fast track for this one but let's discuss it first
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I was thinking Fast Track too, but maybe just because I get to sneak past and save the maiden ;-) Hopefully you two would be tough enough to take the viper.

What spells do you have Darth?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I'm thinking that the repercussions here for going fast are a higher likelihood of you guys getting knocked out (or me knocked out if I don't sneak well). It seems better to save our "slow moves" for cases where we can obtain some treasure or advantage. I don't know.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Darth is working, he has missile and light spell.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
All right, with missile and your sword hopefully we're in good shape. You took Strength as your bonus?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Yes
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
So yeah, let's go for the speed
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I'm good with that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Im off to class, things are in your hands Autumn.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
All right it's taken care of.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Darth and Danny back the viper against the rocks below the maiden as Autumn heads for the lock holding her. The maiden screams "Help me!" distracting the viper and Danny attacks first. Miss.

The viper swipes its tail in defense at Danny and hits, knocking him to the ground.

The viper then attacks with his poisonous fangs. Hit! Ouch! Danny is hurt. And Poisoned.

DV lets loose a Magic Missile which slams into the Viper.

Danny stands up as the DJ laughs in the background.

The viper swipes again at Danny and misses.

A fang strike from the viper hits Danny again.

Darth shoots another Magic Missile at the viper. Again it connects.

Danny swings his sword and connects! The viper is really bleeding now.

A viper fang attack hits Danny again. Can this snake ever miss?

Darth hits with another missile. Won't this viper die? Not yet.

Danny swigs his healing potion. He is fully cured of the poison and regains his HP.

The viper attacks again, missing finally.

And Darth puts it out of its misery with a well placed Magic Missile right between the eyes!

The viper falls to the ground, dead.

You have defeated the viper!

Meanwhile, Autumn has freed the lock and the maiden steps free.

The maiden plants a wet kiss on Autumn's lips and says "Thank you" in a way only a maiden can before the referee grabs you and points you toward a door in the side of the coliseum. You rush through it and into the next room.

It took your team 4 turns to make it through this challenge. Well done.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

Character Stats:

Darth Vilus:
Mage
Level: 2
HP: 8
Bonus: Intelligence
Spells: Magic Missile, Light
Equipment:
1 Healing potion
50 GP
Staff

Danny: Hunc
Adventurer
Level: 2
HP: 22
Bonus: Strength
Equipment:
50 GP
Longsword

Autumn:
Specialist
Level: 2
HP: 12
Bonus: Fame
Equipment:
1 Healing potion
50 GP
Lockpicks
2 Daggers

Last edited by KWhit : 04-13-2010 at 09:10 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Nice work guys. Sorry you got so banged up Danny.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #16
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
lol, our adventurer took a few hits, ouch. Swing that sword brother! Nice work guys
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #17
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Can we trade things/money among each other?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #18
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Anyway I think I am just going to buy some healing potions for now.

Kwhit put me down for 2 healing potions.

You two should be able to get away with just your 1 and saving for some better items.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #19
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I assume we can pool together. I guess we should clarify that. But I would definitely suggest healing potions for you at least Danny.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
If we don't pool together I'll probably get the 50' rope and the empty flask. I assume most will go the obvious route and get the potions or the +1 lockpick,but I trust that the rope and flask will come in handy at some point. If we're the only ones with it, all the better.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I did get clarification that we can pool our money. So that brings things into consideration like the +1 longsword or the rune of magic warding. I think Danny you already sent in your thing so unless you and I want to pool Darth, I'll just spend myself.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Room 3


Note that this is in the TEAM THREAD. People's rooms may or may not be different from here on out. You are free to discuss in the main thread if you so choose.



You quickly make your purchases from the old man and continue through a door clearly marked for your team. At least you won't get lost. Not yet, anyway.

Upon entering the next room, you are blinded. You see nothing but white. Fearing the worst, you reach for your weapons, but your vision clears in a moment and you realize it's just the lights from the TV camera crew standing in front of you.

TV monitors line the walls and you see the audience assembled in the coliseum. You realize that they are still there watching you on closed circuit TV. Cheers and boos rain down on you from the monitors. You're separated from the other teams now and wonder if they are in a similar room.

In the middle of the room are 5 numbered chests. The numerals go from 1 to 5. You take stock and notice that chests number 1 and 5 appear to be locked. The others are not.

The audience members are yelling from the stands, trying to get you to pick certain chests, but you can't glean any useful information from that as they seem to contradict each other. However, you do notice a member of the camera crew (unfortunately, it is not Scud Farkus) trying to catch your eye. He points at chest number 4 and quickly shakes his head as if to say "don't."



Decision Time:

I need you to tell me which chests (if any) you want to open and which character opens which ones. You can take enough time to open them all if you like or you can ignore the chests and rush through the room.

In addition, I need to know if you want to open the chests quickly or take the time to check for traps. Any character can try to check for traps, but your Specialist will obviously be better at it. You realize that any of the chests could be trapped, even the ones that are unlocked.

So send me something that lists each chest and if you want to open it or ignore it. If you want to open it, tell me who opens it and whether they want to check for traps or do it quickly.

Each team should PM me their order by 9pm tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #23
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
I was asked a question that I thought I would clarify for everyone.

The question was basically if the time element still mattered in this room. Yes.

There is a time element to every action you take. You are currently in a race to the end of the dungeon, so the clock is always ticking. Just because I posted a time at the end of that first room doesn't mean that the race is paused. Your other competitors are still going through their sections as fast as they can, so I'll be calculating the standings all the time.

Even casting spells takes time.

For instance, in this room, you decide who opens what chest which impacts how long it takes to progress. A single people can open multiple chests, but the clock is ticking. If you take the time to have one person open all 5 chests, that will take a lot longer than all three of you getting involved. Or you could just choose to each open one chest and then move to the next room. Your choice.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
All right, I'll be heading out in a few hours, so I'll try to get my involvement done here. Unfortunately I'll have to leave things up to you guys for tomorrow and Friday noon probably.

I think the cameraman is helping us out becuase we're the only good guys. So I'm willing to follow his hint and avoid #4.

I don't think we should take too long here. There might be something real useful, there might also be a bunch of traps. So I guess I wouldn't suggest anyone open more than one chest.

Which means probably I should try one of the locked ones, you guys take 2 and 3? We should probably all check for traps. What do you think?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
I concur on the cameraman, I can not sense any deception in him. I'd also pick chest 1 over 5 for you to try to unlock.

I'd think Hunc should try his luck at chest 2 while I'll try my hand at chest number 3.

As for checking for traps i think it's a good idea but we should hear from hunc first. That is if he can string a sentence together after yesterday.
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #26
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
I'm going to be out the rest of the day so i'll miss deadline.
It's up to Hunc to put in the PM order. as of right now it's

Chest 1 - Dominic picks open and looks for traps
Chest 2 - Hunc checks for traps and opens
Chest 3 - Vahlmas checks for traps and opens
Chest 4 - Ignore
Chest 5 - Ignore

You can change it if you like Danny, i trust your judgement
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #27
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I agree with this plan.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #28
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
That's a good plan and what I will likely be submitting today.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #29
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Autumn checks for traps (none) and then unlocks chest 1. Inside you find 200gp! Nice.

Danny tries his hand at chest 2. It's a good thing he checked for traps. He disarms an acid trap in short order and inside finds 1 healing potion. You may also take the vial of acid from the trap.

DV also finds a trap in chest 3. This one is a poison trap. Unfortunately, the chest is empty, except for the flask of poison. You take it.

You skip chest 4 and 5 and you press onward into the next room after 2 turns. You made it through very quickly!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Room 4:

This room is small and dimly lit. In the middle of the room are two small marble fountains, bubbling liquid. One fountain is carved with arcane runes and symbols that you cannot make out. A green liquid bubbles from it. The other fountain is carved with the symbols for the Sun and Moon. A pale red liquid flows within it.

No exits are visible.

What do you do? Let me know my noon tomorrow.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Darth Vilus: Vahlmas
Mage
Level: 2
Max HP: 8
Current HP: 8
Bonus: Intelligence
Spells: Magic Missile, Light
Equipment:
1 Healing potion
250 GP
Staff

Danny: Hunc
Adventurer
Level: 2
Max HP: 22
Current HP: 22
Bonus: Strength
Equipment:
3 Health Potions
Flask of Acid
Longsword

Autumn: Dominic Fandango
Specialist
Level: 2
Max HP: 12
Current HP: 12
Bonus: Fame
Equipment:
2 Healing potions
Flask of Poison
10 GP
Rope
Empty Flask
Lockpicks
2 Daggers

Last edited by KWhit : 04-14-2010 at 09:55 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #32
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
So what do u guys want to do about this?
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #33
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
So far I am thinking green fountain as green=go and red=stop. Plus sun and moon tends to imply being stuck here for a whole day (sun to moon).
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 AM   #34
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
From there, I am not sure what action specifically to take?

Inspect green fountain? Drink from green fountain? Etc...

I likely won't be up in time, and not sure if Darth will be either.

Autumn, I am sending in an order to walk to and inspect green fountain and drink if necessary. Feel free to change this as I just want to make sure we get an action in of some sort.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #35
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Danny takes some of the Green and pours it into the red.

Immediate screaming can be heard (from inside the bowl).

Smoke starts to billow from both fountains. From the fountain with arcane symbols, an Imp appears. A priest appears from the fountain with the Sun and Moon.

When they see each other, they ignore you and begin to do battle.

"Help me!" says the priest. Which you do.

The battle is a short one. The priest and imp were pretty evenly matched, so your assistance put a swift end to the imp. It disappears in a cloud of smoke. In his wake appear 150gp.

The priest thanks you and instructs you to drink from the red liquid. You do and are immediately healed.

Autumn takes some of the liquid into his empty flask, giving you 1 additional healing potion.

He wishes you luck on your journey and hands Danny a Medallion of Good. You're not sure what it does, but the Priest assures you that it will help you.

Let me know if you want to wear it (and who is wearing it).

The priest ushers you through a secret door and into the next room.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #36
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
The next room is posted in the main thread.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Autumn has made level 3.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #38
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
Sweetness!
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #39
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Seems like a good result, too bad we didn't get that sword, though maybe it was an evil only thing. Not sure my decision had anything to do with it or not.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #40
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
i put in to dump the green in the red to see what would happen b4 anyone drank anything
__________________
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #41
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Ah ok, good decision lol.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #42
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Danny and Autumn are now Level 3!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #43
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Cool, wasnt Autumn already level 3 though?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #44
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I put on necklace of good which made me even more good and gives me a bonus vs evil characters.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #45
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
So here's the deal.

1st thing you have to do is nurse DV back to consciousness. That brings him to 1hp.

Then you can decide whether you want to use healing potions to cure your HP or not.

And Danny and Autumn are both still poisoned.

A single healing potion will either heal you completely OR cure the poison and heal just a few points of HP. Let me know how you want to use it. Using 2 potions on a single person will cure poison and heal all HP.

Let me know tomorrow how you want to handle it.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #46
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Darth Vilus: Vahlmas
Mage
Level: 2
Max HP: 8
Current HP: 1
Bonus: Intelligence
Spells: Magic Missile, Light
Equipment:
300 GP
Staff

Danny: Hunc
Adventurer
Level: 3
Max HP: 30
Current HP: 20 Poisoned
Bonus: Strength, +1 vs Evil
Equipment:
50 gp
3 Health Potions
Longsword
vial of sparkling liquid

Autumn: Dominic Fandango
Specialist
Level: 3
Max HP: 18
Current HP: 5 Poisoned
Bonus: Fame
Equipment:
3 Healing potions
Flask of Poison
60 GP
Rope
Lockpicks
2 Daggers
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #47
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
We have four potions, we have to give DV some health as we cant afford him passing out again. That leaves us with 3.

I say both Autumn and I drink back to full health, stay poisoned and leave the last potion for a potential battle.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #48
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
nvm, I see the update. I am not bad on health, so maybe a cure poison + little heal for me, heal for darth and a heal for Autumn saving one potion.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #49
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Too bad DV didnt survive and level, so we could get more hp efficiency from his heal.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #50
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Room 6: The Hallway

A door opens to the right of the 4 buttons. A referee ushers you through. As he does, you hear him mutter under his breath, "You guys suck."

"Hurry up!" he says.

You ignore him and press on.

You rush through and into a hallway.

You follow the arrows.

Travelling along the hall, you see three doors, all on your right.

A sign on Door 1 reads: Lots of experience in here.

A sign on Door 2 reads: Need some supplies?

And the sign on Door 3 is a large Question Mark.

And the hallway continues further on ahead, the arrows still pointing forward along the floor.

Do you open a door and enter one of the rooms? If so, tell me which one.

Or do you continue down the hall?

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.