Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Bringing Soccer to the World (FM14)

Hoping that the laptop holds out this time around as I start up a new dynasty. The World Cup has lit the fire again. I feel the need to take over a team and see where my virtual career leads. My goal is to let the world know that they are playing Soccer, football is large men in pads.

Background

I start unemployed and have added 5 countries with all of their leagues.

England
USA
Germany
Mexico
India

I figured that would give me a good range of quality to try my hand with.

My manager is starting out with Automatic reputation which I am assuming to be a random setting. It has no setting for "some previous FM success" so nothing else really fits me.

The game is beginning on July 2, 2013 and the following jobs are open:

- Shrewsbury Town of the Sky Bet League 1 in England.

- Saarbrucken of the German Third Division.

- Colorado of the MLS.

- United SC of the Indian National Football League.

Going to research the teams a little and then see where things lead.

Game on.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-02-2014 at 06:15 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Colorado is the only team in season so far and they have a dismal record of 1 win, 9 draws and 8 losses. In 18 games they have scored only 11 goals. That job looks like an uphill climb. Their goal is to get a manager to make them competitive.

Shrewsbury Town is looking for a manager that can keep them from being relegated (not a lofty goal).

Saarbrucken is looking for a top half finish out of their new hire.

United SC is looking to avoid relegation and are also in financial trouble.

Looks like beggars can't be choosers.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Then I notice that Senegal has rumors of looking for a new person to lead the team. I declare interest (might as well aim for a national squad to see what happens... I blame the World Cup Fever) to see where that leads as I think over the other positions.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 3, 2013

United SC is no longer an option as they have hired a new man but there are some other rumblings going on with a couple English lower level teams.

I notice a couple other jobs open at the National level: Serbia and Congo (and Bermuda).

Time to apply. I apply for the three original, and remaining, openings and also for Congo and Serbia.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 10, 2013

Time for the rejections as both Serbia and Congo have turned me down and went a different direction (which should be assumed as I currently have no history. Would have caused a stir in those countries if they hired me.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 14. 2013

The rejections continue as all applications have now been denied. Time to do some more searching. Looking like I may end up coaching a Sunday over 30 team...

Rumors are that the Philadelphia job may be opening up so I let it be known that I would be interested.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-02-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 22, 2013

A long wait so far and a job has opened up at Wrexham. They are currently 18th in the Skrill Premier league in England and the board wants a promotion from the league. Looks like a bit of a challenge, one that would be good for one's career (or to start one's career).

Thus, I apply for the job. Maybe I haven't been clear enough that I have guided teams to promotion in FM before...
Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 28, 2013

I am approached by Wrexham.

I have been offered 1.3K per week only through June 2014, just for the remainder of this season so far.

Since I need to get my name out there I accept.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #10
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Good luck!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Team Overview

They have dropped to 20th since I applied for the job. They have 2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses for 10 points and are 2 points ahead of being in relegation territory.

In 11 games they have scored only 9 goals and allowed 13 for a net of -4. Seems like they "park the bus" a lot. They/we are 9 points out of playoff range.

Just glancing through the team and I see no stats that are giving me a lot of hope. Need to come up with a style that will suit the players, hoping the previous coach was using them incorrectly.

No player has more than 2 goals. Only 2 goals total from any of the strikers, both from one person.

The player with the best match rating average separated his shoulder and is out for 2 months. He was injured just 4 games in and is still tied for the most goals on the team with 2. They were 2-0-1 in the three games in which he played a full game, lost the game in which he was injured and have not won a game since.

Will take a little while to go over these players and see what I have to work with but need to work on hiring a staff now.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #13
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Looks similar to my game only a more PC-friendly setup ... happy football games, and may the odds be never in your favor!
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Looks similar to my game only a more PC-friendly setup ... happy football games, and may the odds be never in your favor!

Thank you, and the same to you as well.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #15
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Was hoping to get some time in tonight but my laptop got stuck in a loop of "unable to complete setup" for upgrades, kept reverting and restarting... finally when I was about to say the hell with it the thing finally booted.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Keep it up.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Squad

GK Joslain Mayebi - 26 year old from Cameroon; starting keeper that has allowed 12 goals in 10 games but had little support; Good at communicating and organizing the team

GK Andy Coughlin - 20 year old from England; looks like he should be getting more playing time, though he is still just a bit behind Mayebi; has played 1 match and conceded 1 goal

D (RC) Stephen Tomassen - 19 year old from England; has played in 6 matches; may need to be playing regularly as he looks like a promising youngster

D (RC) WB (R) Kyle Parle - 18 year old from England; played only 1 match and is currently only a backup; may grow into a starter at this level but doesn't show much beyond that

D (LC) Leon Clowes - 21 year old from Wales; has speed but can be selfish; has played in 6 matches

D (L) DM,M (LC) Neil Ashton - 28 yard old from England; has started 10 matches and was a sub in 1 match; solid all around player for this level

D (C) David Artell - 32 year old from Gibraltar; has started 9 matches; second best central defender on the team and is good in the air but lacks speed which prevents him from playing outside

D (C) Danny Livesey - 28 year old from England on loan from Carlisle; started 3 matches and is out for a couple months with a hamstring injury; a slightly better version of Artell and a big loss with him being out as there is a drop to the 3rd best

D (C) Edijs Joksts - 21 year old from Latvia; has started 2 matches and was player of match in one; has potential but not close to realizing it yet; lacks speed

D/WB (L) Lee Naylor - 33 year old from England; top left defender on the squad; has started only 4 matches and has 1 assist; lacks speed which can leave him vulnerable on the edge

DM M (C) Valery Mezague - 29 year old from Cameroon; has started 8 matched and subbed in 1 with 1 assist; plays at a high pace but is not really solid defensively

D DM (C) Luke Watson - 19 year old from England; has started 3 matches and subbed in 1 and has scored 1 goal this season; has potential to take over the top spot in the center but not there yet; has plenty of speed but not lateral agility

M (R) ST (C) Brett Ormerod - 36 year old from England; has started 7 matches and subbed in 3 and has scored 1 goal this season; naturally a striker; lacks speed and is on the down side of his career; recovering from an injury but should be ready soon

M (C) Dean Keates - 35 year old from England; has started 4 matches and scored 2 goals but has been out ever since and may be out for another 2 months; smart and creative player but on the down side of his career

M (C) Jay Harris - 26 year old from England; has started every match and has 3 assists and 1 man of the match but is currently sitting on 4 yellows and will miss a match with another; good team player but not good defensively

M (C) Mark Carrington - 26 year old from England; has started 9 matches and subbed in 1 and has scored 1 goal; very athletic but lacks defensively

M (C) Joe Clarke - 25 year old from England; has started 1 match and subbed in 5; team player but lacking defensively

M AM (RC) Kevin Thornton - 27 year old from Ireland; has started 7 matches and scored 1 goal; naturally right mid and seems to the best right mid on the squad; technically sound but lacking in athleticism

M AM (RC) Elliott Durrell - 23 year old from England; has started 1 match and subbed in 2; naturally an attacking center middie and quite skilled but can be selfish; I am going to give him a chance when I change up the scheme

M AM (L) Lee Angol - 19 year old from England on loan from Wycombe; has started 3 matches and subbed in 1 and has scored 1 goal; naturally an attacking left middie; has good speed but does not make good decisions

AM (RL) Theo Bailey-Jones - 19 year old from England; has started 3 matches; needs time to develop but has speed

AM (RL) ST (C) Ashley Miller -19 year old from England on loan from Gillingham; has started 3 matches and subbed in 1; needs to develop

ST (C) Andy Bishop - 30 year old from England; has started 7 matches and been a sub in 3 and has scored 2 goals and has 1 assist; strong and athletic but not fast

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-04-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 28, 2013

Time to jump in with both feet as we have a match on my first day on the job. Not going to make many changes, though I am going to start a couple of the youngsters to see what they have. Would just leave the lineup well enough alone but it's not like things can get worse than they have been playing.

We host Cambridge, who is in 13th in the league.

The Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Clarke, Durrell, Miller, Ashton

1st Half
32' - Cambridge striker Luke Norris is on the end of a nice cross into the left side of the box and he one touches it past Coughlin to give Cambridge a 1-0 lead

The half comes with us hanging on, trailing 1-0. We haven't been able to mount a sustainable attack and have not gotten a shot on goal yet (4 shots, not one on goal).

No changes to start the second half.

2nd Half
62' - Miller in for Angol and Durrell in for Carrington. Changing up to a more attacking style.
69' - Tomasseen takes a pass down the right wing and crosses as he gets near the end line; Thornton finds it and blasts it past the keeper for the goal!!! Match is tied 1-1!
74' - Confusion on defense leads to Harrison Dunk finding a loose ball in front and scoring into the wide open net in front of him to give Cambridge a 2-1 lead and the wind seems to have quickly gone out of the small crowd.
92' - In the 2nd of 3 minutes of stoppage time, Harris flicks a ball forward into the box but instead of someone getting on the end of it, the ball bounces past the keeper for a weak but game tying goal!!! Tied 2-2 in stoppage time.

The match ends tied 2-2.

Man of the Match honors go to Cambridge's Harrison Dunk.

Shots on target saw Cambridge getting 4 to our 2, the difference is that both of ours found the net.

Feels good to get the late heroics for the tie but the way it scored kind of feels like we stole that point.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(wife probably wondering what happened on this side of the house when we scored that equalizer)
Old 07-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 5, 2013

Have changed training a bit to focus on attacking play. I saw enough out of the team when I changed to attacking in the second half of that game that I would like to give it a try.

We are on the road against Salisbury, who is in 8th. After the tie we have moved up to 19th.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Clarke, Miller, Naylor

1st Half
We held the ball well and outshot them 4-1, we had the only shot on goal in the half. Overall I would call it a success that we are still in range to hold a road point and maybe start to build off something positive.

2nd Half
78' - I bring in Miller for Angol and Clarke for Harris.
84' - I bring in Joksts for Clowes.
86' - Carrington chips a ball over the defense that Bishop get to and takes into the right side of the box, he gets a shot off before the defense gets to him but he misses the net completely.
91' - Confusion in the Salisbury defense lets Miller get past them and in the clear in a race for the ball with the keeper, he gets to the ball first as the keeper backed off when he realized he wouldn't win the race and Miller lobs a shot from about 25 yards out that goes over the out of position keeper and into the net... GOAL!!!!! We take a 1-0 lead as we strike in extra time again!!!

The whistle blows and our winless streak is over with a 1-0 road victory!

Ashley Miller is named Man of the Match for that late game winner.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #22
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 8, 2013

Only a couple days between matches but at least this one is at home against Southport. They sit in 23rd position and we are the favorite, even with our injury problems. We sit in 18th and are 10 points out of the final playoff spot.

The Lineup
Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Clowes
DCL - Joksts
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Miller
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Artell, Thornton, Ormerod, Ashton

1st Half
7' - Miller takes a corner from the left wing and swings it far post, Bishop plays it back to far post where Joksts gathers is and fires a shot off the keeper and in for the goal!!!! We take a 1-0 lead early.

The rest of the half is uneventful and we take a 1-0 lead into the locker room at the half.

2nd Half
83' - I bring in Ashton for a tired Mezague and Ormerod in for a tiring Bishop.

We control the rest of the game fairly well but are unable to add to our lead but we finish with a 1-0 victory and any victory is a welcomed victory.

Edijs Joksts is named the Man of the Match with the goal and 7.70 match rating.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We have now moved up to 15th and are 8 points out of the final playoff spot. Even more important is that we are not 6 points clear of the relegation zone.

We have an important stretch coming up as our next 3 opponents are all ahead of us and within 3 points of us, teams that we need to pass if we can make a run at that playoff spot.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 12, 2013

We travel to play at Barnet. They are 4 places ahead of us in the standings as they sit in 11th with 19 points, 2 points ahead of us.

We will be missing Joksts and Artell as they are away for International duty. That will give me a chance to see what a couple other players can do but take a couple of the better performers away from us.

The Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Clowes
DCL - Naylor
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Thornton
MCL - Harris
AMR - Miller
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Clarke, Carrington, Ormerod, Watson (want to work a little more playing time for him)

1st Half
1' - Awful start as a giveaway leads to striker Dani Lopez getting his head on a perfect cross into the box from the right wing and directing it past Coughlin to give them a 1-0 lead.
11' - Midfielder Keanu Marsh-Brown is the benefactor of a cross from the left wing as he heads it beyond Coughlin as we are off to a lousy start and now trail 2-0.
18' - It gets uglier as Lopez is given space in the box and fired a hard right footed shot into the left corner to give them a 3-0 lead. This is getting ugly.
31' - A harsh foul on Ashton gives them a penalty; Lopez takes it and gets the hat trick as he fires it into the right side past Coughlin

We go to the half hanging our heads down 4-0.

2nd Half
0' - To start the second half I move Naylor to left defender and remove Ashton as he is killing us; I replace him with Ormerod and move him to the front to change up our tactics... We're either getting a couple back or going to get crushed. I also bring Watson in for Mezague.
53' - Coughlin makes a great save one on one as our pressing got us caught with out pants down on a counter and the game remains 4-0.
54' - Lopez again finds space in the box and fires his 4th goal of the game past Coughlin. We trail 5-0.
54' - I bring Mayebi in to get Coughlin out of the line of fire.
87' - Ormerod makes a nice through ball pass to Bishop who has space but fires the ball extremely wide of the net.

The whistle finally blows (much like we did today) and we fall 5-0. Not looking forward to fan response to this disaster.

Striker Dani Lopez is named Man of the Match with 4 goals and a 9.80 match rating.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 14, 2014

FA Cup draw today and we draw Southport as an away match. We should have a chance to advance if we have our team back and play the way we are able to.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 19, 2013

We sit in 17th as we enter the match. We are hosting 14th position Woking who sit just 1 point in front of us.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

1st Half
Fairly even first half but neither team is able to solve the other's back line and the match is scoreless going into the locker room.

2nd Half
0' - To start the half I bring in Miller for Bishop as Bishop picked up an injury in the first half that he tried to play through but is being held back by it.
87' - I bring in Joksts for a tiring Tomassen
Neither team can break the tie and the match ends scoreless.

We outshot them slightly, 9-7 but each team only had 1 shot on goal. Was a close match overall in most stats.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:51 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 26th, 2013

FA Cup match at Southport. We are a heavy favorite, which has me a little uncomfortable as we only managed a 1-0 victory against them at home recently.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Miller
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Watson, Ormerod, Naylor, Clarke, Durrell

1st Half
4' - Miller makes a great through ball to Bishop who cranks a shot from near the PK mark but right into the gut of the keeper.
9' - Ashton flips the ball to Carrington in the box who fires a bullet into the left side of the net... GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead.
16' - A lob over our back line is taken by striker Hattersby who one touches a shot that Coughlin tips over the goal for a corner; he sure looked offside to me. The corner was poor and landed on the top of the goal for a goal kick.
35' - A long outlet down the right wing sends Bishop into space and into the box but he fires a shot well wide.

We go to the half up 1-0.

2nd Half
69' - I bring Joksts in for Tomassen and swap him to the middle, bringing Clowes to the right.
80' - I bring Ormerod in for Bishop and Naylor in for Ashton.
87' - Thorton takes a free kick from about 30 yards out and slightly to the left. He curls it far post and it hits the corner perfectly... GOAL!!!!! We take a 2-0 lead!!! That surely seals it.

We hold onto the 2-0 victory.

Carrington is named Man of the Match with a goal and a match rating of 7.50.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #29
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 2, 2013

We are on the road against Macclesfield for a tough match. They are in 7th in the league with 26 points, 8 points ahead of us.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

1st Half
We play an even half but neither team is able to mount a good offensive surge and the match is scoreless at the half with only 1 shot on goal total (each team had 4 shots but only 1 by Macclesfield was on goal).

Tomassen seems to be slowing down a little but I will see if the halftime break helps him get his step back.

2nd Half
50' - Artell comes forward to challenge after a throw in and takes the ball away; Bishop saw it happen and began a run down the middle of the pitch as Artell played the ball forward; Bishop gets to the ball about 30 yards out and fires a shot as he nears the penalty area past the diving keeper and into the left side of the net.... GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead!
52' - On a corner that is swung far post, defender Carl Martin heads it into our net beyond Coughlin to even the match 1-1; that was a short lived lead.
63' - I bring Clarke in for Tomassen who is starting to make some bad decisions
79' - Thornton find the ball after a deflected pass just outside the top right of the box and flips a ball forward where Harris one touches it into the net... GOAL!!! We take a 2-1 lead!!!
90' - I bring in Miller for Angol.

We hold strong for the 2-1 victory.

Carl Martin is named man of the match with the Macclesfield goal and a 7.50 match rating. One of our guys should have gotten it but I'll gladly take the win any day.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 9, 2013

FA Cup match at home as we are playing Staines. We are favored in the match and I want us to leave no doubt. We are starting to get a little more support back from the fans from when I first got here but another FA Cup win could help.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Miller
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Watson, Ormerod, Naylor, Tomassen, Durrell

1st Half
33' - Striker Callum Willock gets his head on a corner near the far post and into our goal to give them a 1-0 lead after we have been carrying the play

We hang on after a late flurry by Staines and go into the locker down 1-0 at the half.

2nd Half
0' - I bring Durrell in for Thornton who was shown a yellow in the first half and was playing too cautiously ever since
47' - Harris finds Bishop with a great forward pass; Bishop fires a shot clean off the left post and out; we still trail 1-0
56' - Coughlin makes a great save on a cross but Willock is there to beat him on the rebound to give them a 2-0 lead; the fans are not happy
56' - I bring Joksts in for Clowes who has been struggling and I bring Ormerod in for Mezague and move him up next to Bishop
72' - Willock finds the end of a cross on a counter attack and we trail 3-0.
86' - Victims of another counter as Willock finds Melligan in the box for the one touch goal, 4-0...

Final whistle and we are eliminated from the FA Cup in embarrassing fashion.

Callum Willock is man of the match with the hat trick and a 9.70 rating.

I blame myself for that loss, I over-reacted to the early goals and didn't manage the team well.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(I hate that red/orange ball. That was freaking hard to follow.)
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 12, 2013

A home match against Gateshead who sit in 5th place, 9 points ahead of us. We need three points here. We have the return of Danny Livesey to the back line which hopefully gives us a boost.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Artell, Clarke, Miller, Ashton

1st Half
We do a good job defensively, allowing only 1 shot and it wasn't on goal but have been struggling getting into a good offensive position.

2nd Half
50' - A nice setup between Carrington to Harris to Angol set him up for a shot from inside the box just to eh left, he aimed high but the keeper did a fine job of tipping it over the goal for a corner.
63' - I bring in Artell for Livesey (to not over exert him in his first game back)
70' - Working to find an open shot Carrington finds Thornton in the right of the box about 10 yards out and he rips a shot into the right of the net... GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead.
78' - I bring Clarke in for a tiring Clowes.
90' - Coughlin comes up big after a defensive lapse on a missed tackle led to a great change for Gateshead and he tips the ball behind for a corner.
90' - I bring Miller in for Bishop who has been taking a beating today

In the face of a furious attack in stoppage time we hang on for the 1-0 victory.

Kevin Thornton is named Man of the Match with a goal and a 7.20 match rating.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #33
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 16, 2013

A very tough match today as we are on the road against league leading Kidderminster. They have lost only 1 of the 18 matches which they have played. I am reigning the team back in a little to see if we can get a point out of this.

Lineup
GK - Mayebi
DR - Clarke
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Miller
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Coughlin, Tomassen, Thornton, Ormerod, Naylor

1st Half
6' - A scramble in front of out net led to a bad play in which Clarke is credited for an own goal and we trail 1-0.
8' - A blocked shot goes right to striker Michael Gash who quickly fires the ball into the goal... we trail 2-0 and the team is looking shell shocked.
23' - Unreal as Clowes tries to head a ball behind for a corner and instead places it in the upper right corner of the net... we trail 3-0.
29' - Miller chips a ball through to Bishop in the box who one touches it right into the keeper's stomach to keep us off the board.
31' - I bring Thornton in for Harris who has played horribly.
32' - Anthony Malbon receives a pass on the right wing with space thanks to a misplayed steal attempt and he hits a shot off the left post and in... 4-0...
43' - Malbon has another chance from the right side of the box but a great save by Mayebi keeps us only down 4.

We go to the half down 4-0.

2nd Half
46' - Just seconds in Malbon receives a pass in the box (looked offside to me) and passes across the box to Gash who scores into the gaping net to make it 5-0.
46' - I bring Ormerod in for Bishop.
59' - Marvine Johnson blasts home a corner from the near post to make it 6-0. I can see the lynch mob forming.
60' - I bring Tomassen in for Clarke, who is playing poorly.
77' - A lesson in passing leads to Gash wide open in the box and that turns into the 7th goal of the match. Make this end, please.
79 ' - We have completely given up; Malbon receives a pass down the right side and outruns everyone before getting off a perfect shot for the goal... 8-0, epic fail... I should start updating that resume...
89' - Ormerod makes a nice through pass to Miller to the top right of the box who one touches a shot into the right corner of the net as we are on the board... 8-1

The whistle finally blows and we need to forget about this quickly.

Michael Gash is the man of the match with a hat trick and a match rating of 9.80.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 18, 2013

FA Trophy draw and we will be on the road against Maidenhead.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 19, 2013

We are on the road against Dartford who are 10 points behind us in the standings as we still sit in 13th, while they are 22nd and in relegation area. After our last match we are now being labeled as an underdog in this match.

Going to change things up a little after that last result, as far as the lineup goes.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Perle
DCL - Naylor
DL - Ashton
DM - Watson
MCR - Clarke
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Keates, Durrell, Miller, Carrington

1st Half
20' - A fine passing exhibition setup a point blank shot inside our box and Coughlin makes a great reaction save to keep the game scoreless.

Nothing else of note as the game is scoreless at the half. We are holding possession well but doing nothing with it when we have it.

2nd Half
50' - Defender David Lynn makes a hard foul on Bishop who goes down injured and Lynn is shown a red card, they will be down a man.
51' - I bring in Miller for the injured Bishop
65' - striker Jason Prior one touches a cross past Coughlin for the goal, we trail 1-0 even up a man.
70' - Angol makes a nice pass into the box to Miller who scores, if he didn't score on that he was coming out... GOAL!!! We tie the match up 1-1 but I want 3 points out of this, not 1.
74' - I bring Kreates in for a tiring Tomassen and switch him with Clarke; I also bring Durrell in for Thornton.
87' - Angol receives a pass at the left side of the box and fires a shot that is tipped behind by the keeper for the corner.

We put on a lot of pressure but can't manage the winning goal and settle for a 1-1 draw.

Miller is man of the match with the goal and a match rating of 7.10.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Injury Update

Bishop has broken ribs and may be out 2-3 months.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Loan Offer

I see that Eliot Richards is loan listed by Bristol and make a short term loan offer to them. Need to find someone to replace Bishop.

Our offer is accepted.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-11-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #38
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 23, 2013

We are back at home and host Forest Green in a league matchup. They are in 13th, one point ahead of us. This would be a big game if we could take it.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Tomassen, Ashton, Richards, Livesey

Richards just arrived at the club so I may use him as a late sub to give him a little time with the squad before starting.

1st Half
6' - A lot of pressure saw Miller and Angol getting back to back shots, the first was a great save and the next was right at the keeper, the game stays scoreless.
26' - Thornton swings a corner near post, Clowes heads it... clang, square off the left post and the ball is cleared, so close.
27' - Naylor takes a free kick from about 5 yards outside of the box, just to the left side; he bends it into the right corner!!! goal!!! his first of the year! we take a 1-0 lead.

We go to the half up 1-0. Keeping my eye on Clowes who has taken quite a beating so far in this match.

2nd Half
59' - Angol taps a ball through to Carrington in the box who fires a shot off the crossbar and out.
60' - I bring Livesy in for Clowes and Richards in for his first action with the team in for Thornton
61' - Clarke plays a fine ball over the top that Miller catches up to and lobs a shot over the keeper who was caught out a bit too far and into the net.. GOAL!!! We are up 2-0.
67' - Coughlin makes the save of the season when a pass from the left side down low comes out front to the center at about 7 yards out; he dove quickly to his left and kept it out.
69 ' - a counter attack over the top leads to a one on one chance that Coughlin tips over the top for a corner with another great save.
70' - I bring Ashton in for Carrington who is struggling.
74' - Miller finds Richards down the right wing on a counter attack and he is taken down hard from behind as he reaches the box, a penalty is awarded but surprisingly no card given.
74' - Naylor takes the penalty and buries it for the GOAL... We lead 3-0.
75' - A defensive lapse allows midfielder David Norwood into the box for a clear shot and Coughlin can't stop this one as they get on the board, 3-1.
83' - Miller finds Richards with a nice one touch pass for an open shot on the right side of the box and into the net... GOAL... welcome to the team... we lead 4-1.

We win 4-1 to move up a spot in the standings. A much needed victory and a good morale boost.

Naylor is man of the match with 2 goals and a match rating of 9.30.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-12-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 26, 2013

Another home league game as we host Tamworth who sit in 20th position and are 9 points behind us (we sit in 12th). They are one position up from relegation territory, though they do have a 4 point cushion. We are 6 points out of the final playoff position.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Richards

Subs - Mayebi, Artell, Clarke, Miller, Naylor

Giving Richards his first start for the club.

1st Half
We have the better of possession and shots but have not been able to get a ball into the net yet and the match is scoreless at the half.

2nd Half
0' - I bring Artell in for Clowes who is doing well but is tiring.
47' - Thornton lobs a cross from the right wing to the far post where Richards heads it into the net... GOAL!!! We take a 1-0 lead as Richards gets his 2nd goal in as many games with the club.
51' - Striker Richard Paniket is given space to receive a pass right in front of the goal and Coughlin has no chance as they even the match 1-1.
75' - I bring Clarke in for Mezague who has been injured.
77' - They score on a redirected free kick but the play is called offside and the game remains 1-1.
82' - I bring Miller in for a tiring Angol.

We are unable to break the tie and the game ends 1-1.

Tamworth defender Jordan Keane is named Man of the Match with a match rating of 7.80.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-12-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 30, 2013

Our first FA Trophy match as we travel to Maidenhead and are the favorites, now we need to play like it.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Clowes
DCL - Artell
DL - Naylor
DM - Ashton
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Watson, Richards, Livesey

1st Half
2' - Angol sends a cross into the box from deep on the left wing and a defender tries to head it over but instead it is in the goal for an own goal... We take a 1-0 lead.
7' - A fine passing play setup Miller in the box who tapped the ball to Harris on the left for the easy goal!!! We take a 2-0 lead.
15' - Harris is setup by Miller again but this time be blasts it off the keeper but the rebound goes right to the feet of Thornton who has an open net to score into, and he does... GOAL... We lead 3-0!
25' - Coughlin makes a great save diving to his left and catching the ball at the same time to keep us up 3-0.
26' - Ashton with a steal and finds Angol with a lob over the top, after a short dribble Angol fires a shot into the right corner for the GOAL! We lead 4-0.

We take the 4-0 lead into the half.

2nd Half
59' - On a set piece Thornton finds Harris in the box but his shot is saved but goes right to Angol who puts it into the net... GOAL!!! We lead 5-0.
64' - Striker Jonathon Hiiolyte is allowed to get behind the defense and scores on an out of position Coughlin to get them on the board at 5-1.
65' - I bring Joksts in for Artell and Watson in for Ashton.
73' - Miller is fouled in the box trying to get on a cross and a penalty is awarded. Thornton takes the penalty and scored to the left side near the post. We take a 6-1 lead.
81' - I bring in Richards for a knocked up Miller, who had a great game but is getting knocked around a bit now.

We win the match 6-1.

Thornton is named man of the match with 2 goals and a match rating of 9.40.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 2, 2013

FA Trophy draw and we will host Cambridge in the next round.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #42
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 7, 2013

We head on the road against Southport for a league match. They are in last place in the league with only 15 points and a league worst -23 goal differential. We are the favorites going in.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Ashton
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Clarke, Richards, Artell

1st Half
19' - midfielder Karl Ledsham heads a corner past Coughlin to give them a surprising 1-0 lead.
33' - midfielder Kellen Daly strikes a free kick from about 20 yards out and into the left corner to give them a 2-0 lead.

We go to the half down 2-0.

2nd Half
0' - I bring Clarke in for Harris who had a poor first half.
47' - Thornton finds Miller in the box who blasts a shot past the keeper to put us on the board at 2-1, it's a game again.
62' - I bring Richards in for Angol and then switch up Miller and Richards.
83' - I bring Artell in for an injured Ashton.

We put on pressure but can't even up the match as we fall 2-1.

Kellen Daly is man of the match with a goal and a match rating of 8.30.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 14, 2013

We host an FA Trophy match against Cambridge. We are the defending champions of this tournament so we are expected to make the finals according to the board which makes this a must win (especially since I am on thin ice already).

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Artell, Clarke, Richards, Ashton

1st Half
12' - on a set piece Miller sets up Harris for a one touch blast into the right side of the goal... GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead.
22' - a defensive lapse gives up a good shot from the left side of the box but Coughlin makes a nice stop and knocks it behind for a corner.
46' - in injury time Thornton takes a corner from the right wing and swings it into the box where Clowes heads it into the net for the GOAL!!! his first of the season and we lead 2-0.

We go to the half up 2-0. We could play better but happy to have the lead.

2nd Half
57' - Tomassen finds Carrington in the right corner of the box and he lifts a shot past the keeper and into the net... GOAL!!! We lead 3-0.
58' - quickly they strike back as Luke Norris receives what surely looked like an offside pass in the box and puts it past Coughlin to get them on the board 3-1.
69' - I bring Richards in for an injured Thornton.
71' - a poor play deep in our territory gives Luke Norris a point blank shot and they are not back to 3-2.
71' - I bring Ashton in for Mezague.
71' - I bring Artell in for Naylor, who was guilty of poor play on each goal we allowed.
79' - striker Adam Cunnington is allowed behind out defense on a long counter attack and he fires a shot into the upper left corner of the net, we have allowed them to tie the match 3-3
85' - Richards finds Carrington who breaks into the right corner of the box and fires off a shot that is tipped over for a corner.

We can't break the tie and should hang our heads over this one.

Luke Norris is the man of the match with a pair of goals and a match rating of 8.80.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

PosInfTeamPldWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
1stKidderminster2213813614+2247
2ndLuton2212643417+1742
3rdGrimsby2112453725+1240
4thSalisbury2111463021+937
5thLincoln2310763830+837
6thGateshead2311482620+637
7thAlfreton2311483329+437
8thBraintree2210664026+1436
9thCambridge229493024+631
10thNuneaton2261242319+430
11thMacclesfield227872523+229
12thBarnet227872726+129
13thForest Green228592629-329
14thWrexham237882434-1029
15thChester226972322+127
16thHyde227692330-727
17thWoking2251072728-125
18thTamworth225892633-723
19thHereford2241172130-923
20thFC Halifax224992429-521
21stDartford2347122434-1019
22ndSouthport2253141638-2218
23rdAldershot2283112136-1517
24thWelling2338122037-1717
Old 07-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 21, 2013

We travel to play at Welling. We are currently in 14th and they are currently in last place, 12 points behind us. We are 8 points out of the final playoff position and need to take 3 points from this club.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Richards
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Tomassen, Naylor, Ormerod, Artell

1st Half
The first half is played tightly and we are scoreless at the half.

2nd Half
0' - I bring Tomassen in for Clarke who has been error prone and has a yellow as well.
48' - Miller takes a corner from the right wing and swings it far post where Livesey heads it home... GOAL!!! his first of the year. We take a 1-0 lead.
63' - I bring Naylor in for Carrington who is sitting on a yellow and close to getting a second; I move him to left defender, move Ashton to defensive mid and Mezague to center mid.
77' - I bring Ormerod in for Richards who is tiring and beaten up, I move him to striker and bring Miller back to right attack.
78' - midfielder Jake Gallagher commits another foul and is given his second yellow and ejected, they are down to 10 men.

As the final whistle blows we accomplish our goal of 3 points with a 1-0 victory.

Livesey is named man of the match with the goal and a match rating of 8.10.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #46
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 26, 2013

Happy Boxing Day. We are home to face Alfreton in a league match. They sit in 7th position, 5 points in front of us. We are 13th now and still 8 points out of that final playoff position.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Ashton
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Richards
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Clarke, Mezague, Ormerod, Artell

1st Half
25' - Miller takes a pass deep into the box to the left side and turns to find Carrington coming into the box, he finds him with a great pass and Carrington fires a shot into the net to the left of the keeper... GOAL!!! We take a 1-0 lead.
28' - Richards takes the ball down the right wing and accelerates into space where he crosses into the box, Carrington is there to direct it home... GOAL!!! We lead 2-0.
41' - Angol is taken down in the box and a penalty is given. Carrington takes the penalty and scored into the net with the keeper diving the other way, he has a hat trick and we lead 3-0!!!

We take the 3-0 lead into the half. May be our best performance of the year so far as we have held them to only 1 shot and that wasn't on goal.

2nd Half
58' - Carrington finds Richards breaking down the right wing and into the box but a nice save keeps him from scoring but gives us a corner. We get nothing off the corner but a couple blocked shots.
68' - Richards finds Carrington in the box who quickly hits the roof of the net for his 4th goal of the game... GOAL.... We lead 4-0.
71' - Striker John Akinde is given a gift on a shanked clearing attempt in front and scores the easy goal to put them on the board 4-1.
87' - I bring Clarke in for Tomassen and Artell in for Clowes.
88' - I bring Mezague in for Carrington so he can get the ovation.

The final whistle blows and we win convincingly 4-1.

Carrington is named man of the match with 4 goals and a 9.90 match rating.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #47
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 28, 2013

On the road with just one day of rest as we have a league match against Hyde. They are in 16th, 7 points behind us. We have gained some ground and are still in 13th but are now only points out of the final playoff spot.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Clowes
DCL - Artel
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Miller
AML - Angol
STC - Ormerod

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Watson, Durrell, Naylor

1st Half
19' - striker Owen Story receives the last of a tic tac toe passing play in the box and hammers th eball past Coughlin to put them on top 1-0.

We control a lot of that half and the only shot that Hyde got was the one they scored on but we trail 1-0 at the half.

2nd Half
63' - I bring Durrell in for Miller who has a yellow and has been playing on the edge, Watson in for Carrington who is tiring and Joksts in for Clowes who is struggling.
77' - striker Scott Spencer receives a cross in the box, chests it down and hits a strong right footed shot past a diving Coughlin to give them a 2-0 lead.
83' - Angol receives a pass on the left wing, cuts into the box and fires a shot into the net... GOAL!!! We are back to 2-1

We are unable to tie the game up and fall 2-1. We outshot them 10-4 and they only had 2 shots on net and both scored.

Angol is named man of the match with a goal and a match rating of 7.50.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Job Update

It is sounding like I am on the way out. A possible bad result in our next match, an FA Trophy match may send me packing. Looks like I have a demanding boss as the team has turned around from the way the season started.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #49
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(to be continued...)

I will be leaving very early tomorrow morning for a trip for work, a trip in which I was told to "buy a one way ticket" for... That's never a good sign for these trips so I don't know when I will be back but I am already looking forward to getting back to this dynasty.

Unfortunately my work laptop won't work for this... or Steam... since they changed the rules thanks to idiots that would install all sorts of crap full of viruses (like the guy who was fired when he had 75% of his drive filled with porn... after being warned about that already).
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

{back briefly}

Came back for the weekend and back out early Monday morning so I will get a little bit of time in.