Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So, OOTP9 is out...

What do we need to do to set up FOOL in it?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll make a .zip of the FOOL file and you all can download the main file FOOL.lg into your saved games directory.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Download this tar.gz File.

If you're already in the league, simply copy your FOOL.lg folder from OOTP 2007/8 to OOTP 9 in "saved games".
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the files.

Also, if anyone else out there is new to this side of OOTP (like me, and haven't played for a version or two, also like myself), the OOTP directory you unzip this into should be in your Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 9/saved_games folder.

Also, pretty important, was I had to create the FOOL.lg folder myself and then unzip the files into there. Opens up a like a charm and I forgot about Last names in the game and found out I am part of the Smith family of managers. Hello, I am Cringer Smith, pleased to meet you.

Last edited by Cringer : 06-19-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Worked fine for me. Was able to load the league in.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'll be setting up over lunch today.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Loaded just fine, this is my first OOTP league, whats do when for our first sim?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

I would be the one with the first problem

It says "database load- could not load the world file" and then when i click ok it says. "the database load failed. It is either a corrupt file or a saved game from an old version". Anyone got any ideas?
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
muns
Pro Starter

anyone?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'd suggest downloading the tar.gz file that I put in here and then take the file and put it in your saved games folder, copying over everything in the FOOL.lg folder you have now. I'm guessing you tried to import from OOTP 2007/8 and that's never seemed to work for me when I was doing FOOL. I have no idea why, though.

See if that works, though.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
Tellistto
College Prospect

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Since nobody else has had an issue with getting the league to load up, I'd have to assume it's something to do with the install of the game. I had to redownload the install file and resinstall from that before my game was properly installed. The first time it put all the stuff that was supposed to be in my documents into the program files folder instead, and resinstalling with the original download did the same.

Redownloaded the install file, installed it again, everything was in it's proper place. So...give it a try if you haven't already.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have the same issue as muns

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Figured it out. The zip file doesn't set up "Fool.lg", so if you follow the instructions above, it just unzips the save game content for the league to the Saved Games folder, as if the SG folder itself was the league folder. You have to set up a "Fool.lg" folder inside your SG folder and extract to that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Thanks for the files.

Also, if anyone else out there is new to this side of OOTP (like me, and haven't played for a version or two, also like myself), the OOTP directory you unzip this into should be in your Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 9/saved_games folder.

Also, pretty important, was I had to create the FOOL.lg folder myself and then unzip the files into there. Opens up a like a charm and I forgot about Last names in the game and found out I am part of the Smith family of managers. Hello, I am Cringer Smith, pleased to meet you.

Just quoting for the folks having troubles
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

still wont let me do it... Im trying the uninstall now. So just double checking, as this shouldnt be too hard here. I create a fool folder in the save games folder. Extract the fool zip there and it should work correct?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
still wont let me do it... Im trying the uninstall now. So just double checking, as this shouldnt be too hard here. I create a fool folder in the save games folder. Extract the fool zip there and it should work correct?

You included the .lg in the folder name, right?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #17
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Just quoting for the folks having troubles

Yeah, just skipped right by Cringer's post.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You included the .lg in the folder name, right?

yep, this is a lil frustrating.......... I feel like im back in grade school trying to set stuff up
Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

the uninstall and install didnt work....... and i offically want to toss my desktop off the wall..... gonna keep trying i guess lol
Old 06-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #20
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here's exactly what I first did.

--I downloaded the folder zip in the first post of the stickied "League File & Folder" thread to a download folder on my computer.
--I extracted the zip directly into the Data/Saved Games folder.
--I attempted to load the game in OOTP. Got the same error message as you.
--Inside the Saved Games folder, I created the "Fool.lg" folder. I moved all of the contents of my Saved Games folder (I had no other saved games) into the Fool. lg folder (just dragged into the folder).
--I checked the Load game folder in game and "Fool" was in there. Clicked it and the league opened (giving me a choice of what team to control; I picked Ben's to screw with his team--j/k).

Old 06-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

The folder should be named FOOL.lg

Exactly that. Extract the contents of the tar.gz into that folder and it should show up as an option for you to select in-game after that.

You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall anything to do it.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
muns
Pro Starter

Thanks for the help cheif and everyone else, im attemping to delete everything, download the game again, and start all over... ill update ya when its done.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #23
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The folder should be named FOOL.lg

Exactly that. Extract the contents of the tar.gz into that folder and it should show up as an option for you to select in-game after that.

You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall anything to do it.

Ya DC i did it, just no dice...... it starts to load when I load it up, and then gives me the same error message from above...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, not sure if it matters, but I have my folder as "Fool.lg" (only first letter capitalized), and it works just fine.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #25
muns
Pro Starter

Well tried, it again and its just not working. Says the database is corrupt.

DC you think you can have someone over at ootp look at the file "that I have" since you know a lot more people over there than i do..... I posted over there in the technical support as well.

Id really like to be in this league rather than bow out before it even starts. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by muns : 06-22-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Well tried, it again and its just not working. Says the database is corrupt.

DC you think you can have someone over at ootp look at the file "that I have" since you know a lot more people over there than i do..... I posted over there in the technical support as well.

Id really like to be in this league rather than bow out before it even starts. Let me know what you think.

Hmm...I just can't understand what's happening. Other leagues work for you, right? Maybe try this. Delete your FOOL.lg folder in your saved_games directory and then create the folder on your desktop, extract the .dat files into it and then move the folder from there to your OOTP saved_games folder.

I dunno what's happening. Only thing I can think of is somehow you're not extracting every file into the folder and that's causing the issue. But other than that? I have no clue what it could be, honestly. If you bought the game, you have the same file in OOTP9 as everyone else, so you should be good there.

I can't imagine what else it could be, though I'm sorry it's so frustrating!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #27
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What are you using to extract? You're not dumping "Fool.lg.tar" into that folder are you? You have a whole bunch of files, right? I know I had to mess a bit with WinZip to get it extracted (it wanted to do something with fool.lg.tar.tar...)
Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #28
muns
Pro Starter

Ya my other games that I have started save and load and its not an issue. I did your idea, and i get the same error message.

Im thinking the same thing, that somewhere some file is not being copied over correctly, but not really sure how thats happeneing. Ive even downloaded it straight from your link above to the folder and tried it, and thats a no go as well. Hoping someone over there will have have a solution here at some point soon.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #29
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I used WinRAR, FWIW.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Try unzipping the tar.gz file with this program JZip
Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #31
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
What are you using to extract? You're not dumping "Fool.lg.tar" into that folder are you? You have a whole bunch of files, right? I know I had to mess a bit with WinZip to get it extracted (it wanted to do something with fool.lg.tar.tar...)

No i wasnt (i did try that eventually though) gateway has a thing in its computers that does it for you, but ill try winzip and see if it works. Thanks for the idea
Old 06-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #32
muns
Pro Starter

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!

WOW, nothing like spending 4-5 hours on this and pissing off my girlfriend who was patient throughout the entire ordeal.

My extractor that i had was clearly missing a file, and DC your extractor worked, but seriously thanks for all the posts guys.

Ill get my stuff in later on tonight, as now I go into suck up mode for the time being!!! looks like i gotta put the notebook on