Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
John Galt
Pro Starter

QotM moderation

Sorry I've taken so long with moderation this time - I've been busy and it slipped my mind. Anyway, some quotes were removed at the author's request and these were added:

On a serious note, does it make me a homophobe if I find it awkward when a Gay River Pirate/Dentist tries to seduce my Dwarf Barbarian?

If I want to blow my load in one shot, this is what I'd do...

A colleague at work suggested Celine Dion. I don't know what song of hers he was thinking of, because I shot him twice in the head before he could tell me. Don't become a statistic.

I will say this has become one of my favorite threads for one reason: seeing John Galt, the forum's analytical, intelligent, measured voice of reason, transform into a raving Yankee fanboy.

Good News!! We aren't even close to being alchoholics!

Sometimes I wonder if FOFC is the leading distributor of alternative sex literature on the internet.

His wife calls him "little bbor" too because of the lack of "capitalization in his handle"...

I'm playing Microsoft Visual C++ Studio. It's this real neato game where I get to do these missions called "@#%@%#^&#$ data structures homework". They're a pain in the ass and not really worth the payoff. However, if I do them all well enough and pay enough money, I get this snazzy little pice of paper that's theoretically supposed to get me a job.

I've found if you don't watch ESPN for 7 or 8 hours at a time, this isn't as much of an issue. Particularly if you don't watch 3 or 4 SportsCenters, which are all covering the same thing.

Normally I would have let her kill the spider, but she promised me a blowjob if I did it myself.

I told them girl that no matter if you sniff or suck she's still blow.

(1 standard ton = 17.3913 standard cheerleaders. But alert QS that the last 3 digits of that aren't significant.)

do tigers usually gnaw at their youngsters genitals too? Not that it happened to Roy... I just need to know for personal reasons.

Any date that ends with a Cleveland Steamer or a Dirty Sanchez is sure to be memorable.

My anus was burning.

I had to register just so I could say "thanks" to Horns, a real Ladies Man.

I think Clooney is great, and I am not even a woman.

What are you gonna do with a girl that isn't more fun than doing it with the fellas?

I tried to have anal sex with my wife the other night and she whistled me for encroachment.

Nice, cool guy to hang out with is bad. First thing you should do when you see her is punch her in the face and light yourself on fire. Instantly you are a Bad, Hot Guy. Your chances of getting laid go thru the roof with that.

I was once involved in a sucking contest. Good Times

Lemme tell ya something. I look GOOD in a leisure suit.

There is no big fuss. I asked a question, got an answer, then everyone reacts and says why is Shorty making it a big deal? If ya'd read my first post, there was nothing inticing about it all, JUST WONDERING.

This thread is a pretty good example of why most of the female vistitors to this board visit as part of their job or as a psychological experiment. This place is the male locker room of Freud's nightmares.

I am so bad with people that when I was young my imaginary friend would play with the kid across the street.

I always knew you were fucked in the head but this just confirms the extent.

The butt loving is a special thing shared between a Murderer and his Child Molesting Cellmate. I wouldn't disrespect such and act with my girlfriend. Althought tossing my salad is one of our favorite acts. That girl loves honey.

You realize by keeping an NBA thread on the top, we are pissing off 99.354% of FOFC.

don't get me wrong, I love the small size. my hands and wrists just can't handle it for extended lengths of time unless I have grips.

Gives new meaning to the term "pounding his gavel". Hmmm. I wonder if BoneGavel is a French judge.

I like my zombies slow, shuffling, and moaning.

This quote was not added for obvious reasons:

JoninmiddleGeorgia is an asshole.

As has been the norm lately, most of the quotes are sexual and within that category, most aren't very funny (IMO). Still, I think there were a few good ones this time. I'd love it if the authors of some of the unfunny quotes would PM me to remove their quotes. If people enjoy them, I'll leave them, but I think a little pruning would be nice.

John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think the child molesting one is in poor taste. Granted, they are in jail, but a bad reference
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Sex= subbmission of quote, apparently.

Our standards have been greatly lowered. A few good ones here, but many-many ho-hum.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

John:

Do you have a sense yet of how many we need to keep the same one from appearing over and over again?
Old 10-22-2003, 01:48 PM   #5
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
John:

Do you have a sense yet of how many we need to keep the same one from appearing over and over again?

I think we are well over the threshold and this is as good as it is going to get (as I see stkelly's kleenex quote on the top of my screen). It's not perfect, but from what I understand it isn't going to get better. Shorty knows the number we really need to keep it like it is, but I don't remember off hand.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
...this is as good as it is going to get...

Out of context, but a sad thing to see in this particular thread.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:58 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The only keeper in the bunch, IMO, is the Celine Dion one.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #8
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
The only keeper in the bunch, IMO, is the Celine Dion one.

That one was laugh out loud funny. I liked the Skydog leisure suit quote too. Outside of that? Well. . .

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #9
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Please delete this post if it opens up a closed can of worms, but can we just get rid of QOTM? Most people who speak up about them don't like them. We are going to have a lot of new people coming to the board with the link to here from solecismic. Why put out our anal sex obsession as the first thing that newcomers will see?

Is there a silent majority of people who really love QOTM?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:24 PM   #10
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Re: QotM moderation

Quote:
I'd love it if the authors of some of the unfunny quotes would PM me to remove their quotes. If people enjoy them, I'll leave them, but I think a little pruning would be nice.

Feel free to "prune" any of my quotes from the list. I give you power of attorney (haha). I didn't have anything to do with them being there, and aside from occasionally catching a glimpse of my name at the top of the screen when I'm moving on to the next page, I don't even notice the QOTM.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-22-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #11
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight
Please delete this post if it opens up a closed can of worms, but can we just get rid of QOTM? Most people who speak up about them don't like them. We are going to have a lot of new people coming to the board with the link to here from solecismic. Why put out our anal sex obsession as the first thing that newcomers will see?

I don't care one way or other, but it just seems to me that many of the things we find funny, are only funny in context. Then, a portion of the remaining quotes may be funny, but as an "inside FOFC" joke. The small remainder after that are funny regardless of context or FOFC. So, it makes no sense to include the vast majority of quotes that are currently in rotation, if the purpose is to give an "outsider" some insight into the characters who exist in FOFCLand.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #12
Subby
lolzcat

Please remove all of my quotes. I have gravitated to the "QOTM is worthless" side of the fence and don't want my stuff (most of which is taken out of context anyway) in there. Not to mention the fact that with FOF2004 coming out, QOTM makes this community look really really bad. Because the quotes are largely a) not funny b) funny to shut-ins and nun-abusers.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:13 PM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

Great, I finally say something someone thinks is funny, and everyone rebels against QOTM.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #14
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight

There is a Style Set that does not include the QOTM for those that don't want to see it. This is a step above the way that it used to be and is a fair compromise between those that don't want it and those that do. Also, it seems as if the Non-QOTM Style set is the default for anyone that is new to the community.

I have given John many hard times in the past in regards to the whole QOTM issue but seeing how he has handled the situation rather well over the past few months it would appear as if my arguments against moderation have not been validated. Many thanks for the added style set options and a most sincere hats-off to John for having dealt with this as well as and for as long as he has.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:17 PM   #15
korme
Go Reds

Yes John thanks for making those available.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #16
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
Yes John thanks for making those available.

Thank you, thank you. It required a lot of effort, but I finally got it done.

Really, I had nothing to do with the skins. I'm not sure where you all got the idea that I did. I think Shorty was the one who did it. I have no knowledge of how the thing even works. Anyway, thank Shorty (or whoever did it).
Old 10-22-2003, 03:27 PM   #17
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

It may not have come across as such but the thank you was to whom ever created the style sets, which I would guess was Shorty. Thanks Shorty.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #18
Ksyrup

Again, I don't care either way, but it seems to me that the style set solves the problem for current members. As Subby suggests, there is still an "outsider perception" issue that the style sets do not address, correct? If someone stumbled across FOFC, would the default style have the QOTM?

These seem to be two distinct and legitimate concerns, only one of which is remedied by the style set.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #19
Ben E Lou

You KNOW something is up when Subby is the voice of reason. We've had a lot of new members lately, and I'd imagine we're going to get a good bit more soon. I'm not so sure about QOTM
Old 10-22-2003, 03:33 PM   #20
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
As Subby suggests, there is still an "outsider perception" issue that the style sets do not address, correct? If someone stumbled across FOFC, would the default style have the QOTM?

Quote:
Originally posted by FloridaFringe
Also, it seems as if the Non-QOTM Style set is the default for anyone that is new to the community.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #21
Ksyrup

If that's the case, then I don't see what's wrong with leaving it.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #22
korme
Go Reds

hhehe thankyou thankyou
Old 10-22-2003, 03:46 PM   #23
korme
Go Reds

QOTM is not on the default skin, like I've said 75 times.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #24
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

I could be wrong about the default style set for new members but that could easily be tested and probably changed if need be.

EDIT: posted this before reading Shorty's response.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 10-22-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #25
Ksyrup

Quote:

If that's the case, then I don't see what's wrong with pulling the damn thing!
Old 10-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #26
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i never even read the qotm, so i dont even think id notice it if it were gone.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #27
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Is there a way to set it to the default skin?
Old 10-22-2003, 03:53 PM   #28
Ben E Lou

Dola---

Never mind. I mis-read that.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #29
korme
Go Reds

There is a way to do anything, if you are great, like I am.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #30
Franklinnoble
Banned

I like the QOTM.

Do we really need to sink to a level of total blandness and political correctness? This place is like my little internet locker room - all the camaraderie and unchecked guy talk without having to worry about dropping the soap.

FOFC is generally intelligent, irreverent, humorous, and a little rough around the edges. I like it that way.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:54 PM   #31
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I say keep it remove it, it doesnt matter. My one quote makes me seem gay, just not gay enough

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:04 PM   #32
heybrad
Norm!!!

I know you keep saying its not on the default skin, however, if I'm not logged in, as a new member would be if they are browsing these forums before they've signed up with an ID, the QotM is not on the Index page, but as soon as you select a forum, the QotM pops up.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:29 PM   #33
korme
Go Reds

well isn't that fuckdiddly

i'll try to figure out the problem

was unaware
Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #34
Subby
lolzcat

I changed my mind. I would like to keep the QOTM and get rid of Shorty instead...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 10-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #35
Ksyrup

What are the odds?

On back to back screens, I saw :

'I heart cock' - Subby

and

'i heart cock' - bbor

Aside from bbor's affinity for ee cummings, is there any reason why we have two of these quotes? Can't we get rid of one of them, or have one that has both of their names attached to it?

I mean, c'mon guys, there's only so much cock to go around.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:39 PM   #36
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:

Mine is taken completely out of context anyway. The original quote was, "I heart genetically engineered cock."
Old 10-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #37
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
That sounds you hear is about two dozen oh-so-witty FOFCers simultaneously submitting that one to QOTM.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 10-30-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:43 PM   #38
Ksyrup

If that's the case, then maybe I'll hit the QotM trifecta one day.

Back-to-back-to-back cock.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #39
Airhog
Captain Obvious

your mouth must be really small and shallow to fit three cocks from here in it...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #40
korme
Go Reds

I can no longer figure out the problems because I have been removed as style guy mod..

Old 10-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #41
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
I can no longer figure out the problems because I have been removed as style guy mod..

Huh?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #42
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:

I know why!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #43
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Huh?

I can't login to the area to fix/change/edit/touchup/etc/etc/etc the styles anymore. I don't know why.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #44
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
I can't login to the area to fix/change/edit/touchup/etc/etc/etc the styles anymore. I don't know why.

What did you (or didn't) you do to upset Ol' Skydog?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #45
korme
Go Reds

I have no idea.. and if he decided to appoint a new man, it would have been nice to let me know. I really had fun doing them all and I have another I was about to complete..
Old 10-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #46
korme
Go Reds

I will give SD the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to miscommunication.. maybe it was an error.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:50 PM   #47
Subby
lolzcat

It was no error.

Old 10-31-2003, 05:28 AM   #48
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Of course- I find that I have a QotM at the top of my page one day and just my luck- it has a typo in the middle of it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote