Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #4251
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Does anyone think it's time for baseball to start assigning home field based on regular season record in the World Series than 1) all-star game result or 2) alternating like it was prior to that?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #4252
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Does anyone think it's time for baseball to start assigning home field based on regular season record in the World Series than 1) all-star game result or 2) alternating like it was prior to that?

What about whatever league wins interleague play overall gets home field?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #4253
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Yeah. A begrudging +1. I feel a little better that most of the Cards fans on this board are pretty classy. But then there was also the one guy who claimed they never whined.

Let's just say that losing myself in a bottle of rum last night was a fitting way to watch my most hated team led by my most hated manager and pitched by my most hated pitcher win the World Series.

And yeah, at least Cardinals fans around here are pretty decent despite their poor taste in baseball teams.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #4254
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post

I'm still cool with the all-star game result determining this. Yes, it's arbitrary, and random, but so was the previous alternating years system...and while W/L record might make sense some years, its two different leagues - 101 wins in one league might be less impressive than 97 in the other.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #4255
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Yeah. A begrudging +1. I feel a little better that most of the Cards fans on this board are pretty classy. But then there was also the one guy who claimed they never whined.

I never said they never whined. I said I hadnt heard of them whining. But I dont read articles or listen to sportscasts much.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #4256
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Agreed. The Brewers beat the Cardinals over 162 games but I think it was clear at the end of the season and of course in the NLCS that the Cardinals for whatever reason were better than the Brewers at that point in time. Have the playoffs in July and the Brewers probably wipe the floor clean.

Congrats to the Cards and their fans, but I still hate you all

The playoffs are a small sample size of the team being judged. Playoffs are really a poor way of judging who is actually the best team but as Americans we love it so thats the way it is.

We love March Madness because we can all pretend that Virginia Commonwealth or Butler is a better team than Ohio State or Kentucky.

But yeah the Cards did peak at the right time and it just seemed like they had that higher power looking over them. Cards had a lot go right for them over the past 2 months.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-30-2011 at 12:07 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #4257
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Wow, what a great run! A lot of October fun this year and the Cards get 11 in 11. What a worthy opponent too, Congrats Ranger fans, you have nothing to be ashamed about your team fought to the end. I also love Ron Washington, I remember when he was a Twin.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:21 AM   #4258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards4ever View Post
Wow, what a great run! A lot of October fun this year and the Cards get 11 in 11. What a worthy opponent too, Congrats Ranger fans, you have nothing to be ashamed about your team fought to the end. I also love Ron Washington, I remember when he was a Twin.

Holy shit, it's a Cards4ever sighting!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #4259
tarcone
Coordinator

My daughter is down at the WS parade today. The rest of it are watching it on TV. My other daughter had a soccer game, so we didnt get to go.
10s of thousands of fans.

One other thing about St Louis fans. There was no riot, just dancing. Quality.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #4260
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My daughter is down at the WS parade today. The rest of it are watching it on TV. My other daughter had a soccer game, so we didnt get to go.
10s of thousands of fans.

One other thing about St Louis fans. There was no riot, just dancing. Quality.

My 9 year old went too.. she said, "Daddy, did you know Carpenter was married?" She wasn't happy...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #4261
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards4ever View Post

How the hell are you? Great to see you!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #4262
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
How the hell are you? Great to see you!!!

+1

Though I guess if there was ever a time to come back, this would be it
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #4263
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the greetings guys. I don't know if it's because I'm too busy or too tired to argue on message boards anymore but I'm around twice a year or so for the Champions League picks and just had to come and post where I knew there were both Ranger and Cardinal fans.

Again, great Series and much respect to the Rangers and their fans, got to love it when a player refuses to come out even with a sports hernia or a twisted ankle cause their team needs them.

Wish I would have had the time, I would have been down there on Friday, would have loved to see Game 7 live and partied with my friends in red!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #4264
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I don't believe I've seen it mentioned here (not sure how much carry it's getting outside of the New York area) but news came out yesterday that Gary Carter's brain cancer is inoperable and he'll be undergoing aggressive chemo and radiation treatments. I absolutely LOVED Gary Carter as a little kid and was devastated when they let him go in '89. My first time going to Shea was September 1, 1990, and my dad got those tickets because the Giants were coming to town. I remember cheering for Carter when he came up as a pinch hitter.

Hoping for a remarkable recovery.

Sad bump, looks like Carter's time may be coming to an end...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1008797
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #4265
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Sad bump, looks like Carter's time may be coming to an end...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1008797

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote