Randy Moss unretired today.

I hope he gets TOed.

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #52
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Manning to the Dolphins would be a dream come true for me.

My fantasy receivers would be overjoyed...Both of them
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #53
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
he "retired" because no one wanted him.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #54
molson
General Manager

I was just reading about Moss on wiki to remember the timelines of how things went down in 2010 - I wonder if there's another professional athlete who has a 3 paragraph sub-heading entitled, "Lack of effort".
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #55
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
So who wants Vincent Jackson? A top 5 receiver in the game. Looks like the genius that put together 6 non Super Bowl winning teams, is refusing to resign Jackson. So, here you go 49ers. You needed a big play wide receiver, snatch him up before some other team not called the Chargers, signs him.

Jackson is a good player, great at times, but not in the top 5. I'd probably take Megatron, Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings and Andre Johnson all over VJ and maybe even a guy like Steve Smith (still) or an up-and-comer like Hakeem Nicks.

Still, even in the top 15, he's a helluva talent. I don't understand San Diego letting him walk. Malcolm Floyd hasn't shown anything more than being a reliable #2/#3 guy, Gates is clearly slowing down and Vincent Brown showed promise but nothing that suggests he's ready for the #1 WR role. I wonder if SD is gearing up to make Mike Wallace an offer since he'll be an RFA and it's likely the Steelers won't have the cap space to make him a long-term offer until after the draft. The Chargers would give up the 18th pick, but that may be fine to get a guy like Wallace.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #56
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I hope he gets TOed.

Without a doubt he will. The last time we saw TO, he could still play even if he's a cancer. I could have seen a team taking a flier on TO because the guy always came to play and was always in great shape. Moss is a cancer whose game has clearly diminished and didn't always come to play. Hence I don't see anyone being interested in Randy Moss, now or in the future.

Last edited by Blackadar : 02-13-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Jackson is a good player, great at times, but not in the top 5. I'd probably take Megatron, Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings and Andre Johnson all over VJ and maybe even a guy like Steve Smith (still) or an up-and-comer like Hakeem Nicks.

Still, even in the top 15, he's a helluva talent. I don't understand San Diego letting him walk. Malcolm Floyd hasn't shown anything more than being a reliable #2/#3 guy, Gates is clearly slowing down and Vincent Brown showed promise but nothing that suggests he's ready for the #1 WR role. I wonder if SD is gearing up to make Mike Wallace an offer since he'll be an RFA and it's likely the Steelers won't have the cap space to make him a long-term offer until after the draft. The Chargers would give up the 18th pick, but that may be fine to get a guy like Wallace.

I think he's better than some of the guys you mentioned: Marshall & Bowe, both are too soft, White is getting old and Jennings is real good, but, not better than VJ in my opinion. VJ is a beast, plain and simple. I like Malcom Floyd, but, at times is frustrating and gets hurt. Nice big hands though. I couldn't figure Brown out, he's got talent, but, it could also be a Norv Turner thing like they did with Kasim Osgood. I was hoping Crayton would have a career revival in San Diego, but, that didn't happen.

To answer your question as to why the Chargers will let him walk...AJ Smith's ego. He'd rather prove that he thinks he's right than what's right for the team. As for Wallace, I would be shocked if the Chargers went after him. Again, this all on AJ Smith. He refuses to play the free agent market other than to fill backup slots.

All that being said, unless a team is just stock full of wide receivers or not have the cap room, they would be stupid not to make play for VJ.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
miami_fan
Coordinator

Randy Moss does not make this announcement unless someone has at least offered a shot at offseason workouts, right?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #59
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Denver can sign RM and TO, I'm sure TT could make them born again superstars.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Randy Moss does not make this announcement unless someone has at least offered a shot at offseason workouts, right?
it's a feeble attempt by his agent to drum up interest. it's a deep wr draft (allegedly) so i'd put his chances of playing again at next to nil. the only team i could fathom giving him a sniff would be the ravens.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #61
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
it's a feeble attempt by his agent to drum up interest. it's a deep wr draft (allegedly) so i'd put his chances of playing again at next to nil. the only team i could fathom giving him a sniff would be the ravens.

49ers? They need some help in that department. Not sure if Harbaugh would put up with Moss' tendency to quit during a game though.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #62
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

NFL - Plenty of (cap) room to improve - ESPN

Quote:
The numbers are in.

One of the new parts of the NFL collective bargaining agreement is the ability of teams to roll over remaining cap room into the next season. The 2011 season finished with $320 million of remaining cap room. Thirty teams carried over $301.78 million of unused cap money to give the 32 teams approximately $711 million of combined room as they start to prepare for the 2012 season.

Any questions?
Have a question for John Clayton? Connect with him here.

The 2011 salary cap was $120.375 million, and the 2012 ceiling is expected to be close. The exact number is calculated based on revenues and should be available in the next week or two.

The Houston Texans and San Diego Chargers didn't have enough remaining room to push money over into 2012, so Houston has $3.3 million of cap space and San Diego has $9.2 million.

The Jacksonville Jaguars didn't spend $31 million of cap room in 2011, so they now have $45 million of room. The Kansas City Chiefs have $62.995 million after budgeting $24.014 million from the 2011 season. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, thanks to $23.519 million of carryover cap money, have the second-most cap space with $60.496 million. The Cincinnati Bengals moved over $15 million from last year and have $60 million to spend. Dan Snyder of the Washington Redskins has plenty of room to get quarterback and receiver help, thanks to $47.56 million of cap space. The 2011 playoff teams in good shape are the Denver Broncos ($50.735 million of cap room), San Francisco 49ers ($39.33 million), Atlanta Falcons ($30.6 million) and New England Patriots ($20 million). To get to the $50 million mark, the Broncos carried over $26 million of unused cap.

Four teams still have to get under the salary cap by March 13. They are the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have redone three contracts to be $11.7 million over, the Oakland Raiders ($11 million over), the Carolina Panthers ($9.6 million over) and the New York Giants ($7.3 million over).
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #63
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't remember hearing much about this during the lockout but this could be huge, was this "snuck in"?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #64
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I don't remember hearing much about this during the lockout but this could be huge, was this "snuck in"?

It is fairly complicated, but this is tied to the "cap floor". In the first years of the deal, the teams in the NFL had to spend at least 99% of the cap, and there is no cap floor in 2011 and 2012. To allow teams to rollover theoretically increases the total amount that makes it to the players, and helps them hit the 99% over two years, thus reducing any amounts below the 99% they would have to distribute back to the players.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 02-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #65
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
huh, me either. weird

edit: cartman explained
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
49ers? They need some help in that department. Not sure if Harbaugh would put up with Moss' tendency to quit during a game though.
i can't see it, but who knows. harbaughs are like magical woodland creatures.

i like josh morgan but crabtree is a fucking hole.

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 02-13-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #66
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
i can't see it, but who knows. harbaughs are like magical woodland creatures.

i like josh morgan but crabtree is a fucking hole.

I can't see it either, but, never know in the wacky world of the NFL.

I'm with you on that. Crabtree is made of broken glass and balsa wood.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #67
JPhillips
General Manager

This offseason will be a big test for the Bengals. If MB wants to he can set the team up for three or more years of contention. They have one of the youngest teams in the league and they can sign as many of their FAs as they want as none of them will be a big money guy. They'll have probably ten picks in the draft with three of the first fifty-three, and their holes are in places where the draft is deep.

All MB has to do is drop some money on a couple of FAs and the Bengals will look good for a few years. We'll see this year how much influence Marvin really has.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #68
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This offseason will be a big test for the Bengals. If MB wants to he can set the team up for three or more years of contention. They have one of the youngest teams in the league and they can sign as many of their FAs as they want as none of them will be a big money guy. They'll have probably ten picks in the draft with three of the first fifty-three, and their holes are in places where the draft is deep.

All MB has to do is drop some money on a couple of FAs and the Bengals will look good for a few years. We'll see this year how much influence Marvin really has.

so.... your counting on Brown to do the smart thing
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #69
DanGarion
Coordinator

I didn't catch anyone talking about the new Thursday night, not on NFL Network games next year. Did we discuss that already?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #70
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I didn't catch anyone talking about the new Thursday night, not on NFL Network games next year. Did we discuss that already?

I heard they were adding Thursday night games. I just assumed they would be on NFL Network.

Peyton Watch 2012, dun dun dun!

Irsay came out today and said he would welcome Peyton back, but it would have to rework his contract. So, basically it is all up to Peyton on what happens....
Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #71
DataKing
Pro Rookie

No more Jaws on MNF

ESPN Removes Ron Jaworski From Monday Night Football

Thank goodness.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #72
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
so.... your counting on Brown to do the smart thing

Ay, there's the rub.

It sure seemed that Marvin had much more influence last year with the free agent signings, the decision to draft Dalton rather than Mallet, and the Ocho Cinco and Palmer trades. If MB is really giving Marvin more authority there's reason for hope.

We'll find out in the next two months.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #73
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
No more Jaws on MNF

Thank goodness.

I bet I won't be the only one that reads that as, "No More Jews on MNF".
Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #74
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Reading comprehension FTW.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #75
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I bet I won't be the only one that reads that as, "No More Jews on MNF".

That was the headline 4 years ago.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #76
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Curious how other teams/fans see Mike Wallace.

He was great the first 8 games of the year...and very average the 2nd. There is some faction of Steelers fan who believe Antonio Brown is the better WR...and he's an RFA next season.

Steelers are saying they are not likely to franchise Wallace, which would cost $9M. Pittsburgh already about $12M over the cap-- though that money is easily identifiable: cutting Ward, Aaron Smith, one of James Farrior/Larry Foote, and Chris Kemoeatu.

Only placing the a 1st round tender on Wallace makes him a prime target for someone like the Patriots, who have 2 1sts this year.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_783071.html

Quote:
"We all know that it is a business, and you have certain things you have to handle," Wallace said. "So if I have to go elsewhere, you know Pittsburgh will always be in my heart, but I have to do what I have to do."
Wallace might command strong interest when free agency begins March 13, largely because of the new collective bargaining agreement.
In past years, franchise tags were rarely used because of the high cost of signing another team's restricted free agent -- first- and third-round picks. Under the new CBA, the most a team can receive is a first-round pick.
Teams with late-round picks like San Francisco (30th) and New England (31st) may be willing to trade a first-round pick for Wallace. The Steelers have the right to match any offer

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #77
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I like Wallace and they are playing with fire by letting him go. I suppose they could take the pick and sign someone else if they could get someone in that 5-6M/Year range(Meachem?) People who think that Brown is better need a reality check. We may as well monitor the Moss situation as well.

Last edited by stevew : 02-23-2012 at 07:21 AM.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I like Wallace and they are playing with fire by letting him go. I suppose they could take the pick and sign someone else if they could get someone in that 5-6M/Year range(Meachem?) People who think that Brown is better need a reality check. We may as well monitor the Moss situation as well.

I like Wallace, too, and besides, the Steelers need BOTH Wallace and Brown now, with Ward gone. The running game isn't as strong as it used to be, so you need targets for Big Ben.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #79
Kodos
Resident Alien

Gotta love it. New website manningtomiami dot com and a billboard along I-95 in Miami with a picture of Manning in Dolphins garb. Keep it up, Dolfans!

Peyton Manning: South Florida billboard part of effort to bring quarterback to Miami Dolphins - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Last edited by Kodos : 02-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #80
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
No more Jaws on MNF

Thank goodness.

Really? You like news even with the fact that we're going to be getting even more Gruden out of the deal? I greatly prefer Jaworski.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #81
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
Really? You like news even with the fact that we're going to be getting even more Gruden out of the deal? I greatly prefer Jaworski.

I can't tell their voices apart, so this will make almost no difference to me.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #82
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Jaworski was great at first, but he has really begun to grate on my nerves lately. Mostly because he enunciates every single sentence....the exact same way...

Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 02-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #83
Grover
Pro Starter

Jaws is so much better as a studio analyst breaking down tape than he is as an analyst during games.

Gruden has absolutely got to go. Can't someone just offer him like $10 mil to be their coach. Please?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #84
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So LaRon Landry huh?

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #85
Logan
Head Coach

I think the other pic that was circulated was even worse. Best of luck bro.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #86
wade moore
lolzcat

Maybe less time lifting, more time practicing covering guys and wrapping up on a tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #87
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

How the hell can you wrap up on a tackle looking like that? I bet he can't hug a broomstick.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #88
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
How the hell can you wrap up on a tackle looking like that? I bet he can't hug a broomstick.

Have you watched him play? If so, this is a rhetorical question.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #89
Ksyrup

He plays for the Redskins right? The answer is no, I've never seen him play.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #90
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Jaws is great at breaking down playcalling on film. So yeah, hes better at that than color but Gruden?

Gruden is/has always been so damn PC during the broadcasts thats its laughable. Its as if he walks on eggshells and cant make a negative statement about a player or organization for fear that they might not consider hiring him in the future.

His pregame interviews in the bus are just a stopwatch on when he will say

"You know what , I LOVE ..........(fill in the blank for the interviewed player)
and they are as generic as they come. I love the way Marshawn Lynch runs between the tackles. I love the way Tom Brady throws a spiral. I love the way Darell Revis plays the ball.

It happens every single interview, then at least a few more times during the game itself. There should be a Jon "I love" Gruden drinking game.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #91
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Does Andrew Luck remind anyone else of this guy?

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #92
spleen1015
Coordinator

No.

When he had the full beard going, he did look like a caveman though.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #93
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
He plays for the Redskins right? The answer is no, I've never seen him play.
Yes, he is.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #94
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, it would be nice if broadcaster Gruden was a little more like fiery Coach Gruden. Still, he doesn't bother me like he does others.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #95
Ksyrup

More changes may be coming on overtime, replay | ProFootballTalk
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #96
bhlloy
Coordinator

RG3 measures in at well over 6'2. Probably just locked himself in to the top 4 unless he falls over in the 40 or can't complete a pass in his pro day
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #97
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
RG3 measures in at well over 6'2. Probably just locked himself in to the top 4 unless he falls over in the 40 or can't complete a pass in his pro day

And easily the odds on favorite to go #2 overall now (i.e. the Rams will be get a great offer for their pick).
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #98
stevew
Hall Of Famer

RG3 will go #2 barring an act of god.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #99
bhlloy
Coordinator

An act of god meaning making him 2 inches shorter than he really is like everyone seemed to expect?

But yeah, I agree with this. Interested to see who will give up the farm to get him at #2. Rams in a really nice spot
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #100
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
RG3 will go #2 barring an act of god.

I think the only way he doesn't is if the Rams decide that Matt Kahil is a once in a five to ten years tackle prospect (along the lines of a Jake Long). Then there is a chance he might slip to three. I haven't heard anyone say that about him though. But yeah, if I had to guess I'd say RG3 has a 90% to 95% chance of going #2 overall. Of course that is pure speculation on my part.

Last edited by Racer : 02-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote