Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #151
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It's the favorability that I find amazing. With that high name recognition, favorables just don't move much. I'm not sure I've ever seen a flip like that.

There's, uh...I'm not going to open that can of worms here, but you don't have to think real hard to come up with exactly what the reason for that might be.

Of course, the attack on veterans might be corrosive enough to eat the bottom out of that boat he's in.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #152
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well there's some horrifying imagery for the day

I know the guy might have some luggage. But I have to tell you, living in Philadelphia, and seeing how he ran his state, and how well he did post-Katrina when other mayors, governors, and other folks were well, not doing a very good job, Christie is my default candidate to vote for when the primaries come around unless someone else convinces me otherwise.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Is he basically playing to the "rebel" vote? One that may have mistrusted him initially for his big city, New York veneer but love that he is pulling no punches and attacking targets they're not particularly fond of? And doing so while other candidates might be seen as tiptoeing around things?

I'd say right now that's virtually the ONLY thing he has going for him. Well that & by and large saying the right things when he speak. Not sure how today's will play overall, can certainly be used to bludgeon him but for as hamfisted as it was I certainly have no problem at all with him calling out a p.o.s. RINO like McCain.

Appreciate the service but as politicians go McCain ain't worth a damn. (and after hearing him speak about FCC deregulation a few years back, I became convinced that he's one genuinely ignorant -- if not outright stupid -- son of a bitch).

The OTHER thing Trump has in his favor is that he -- pending the outcome of today -- hasn't utterly botched anything he's said thus far. The more he talks, the higher the odds become however (true for anybody, politician or otherwise).
Old 07-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #154
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Appreciate the service but as politicians go McCain ain't worth a damn. (and after hearing him speak about FCC deregulation a few years back, I became convinced that he's one genuinely ignorant -- if not outright stupid -- son of a bitch).

You know, you'd think I'd have been more aware of the politics involved there over the past 15 years...

(McCain was for deregulation, yes? That seems like a generally Republican stance.)

As for Trump, part of me wonders to what extent he knows seemingly "outrageous" things he says will fly. I mean, he has to realize that quite a few Republicans (as opposed to Republican office holders, or what they can say publicly) weren't exactly thrilled with McCain, right? He seems crazy but there has to be some strategy here, though I can't imagine what he's doing would lead to him winning a general election. Pick up enough steam to gain inclusion in the debates (he loves being on the TV) and/or outlast other candidates? Perot got pretty far being crazy and spouting whatever the heck came to mind. Or maybe he's just looking to cash in on attention to feed his ego and figures this is a good way to do it.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-18-2015 at 09:51 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #155
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Trump wants to disagree with McCain on the issues? More power to him. But he's a douchebag attacking McCain's military service. I doubt the pompous ass could've lasted a day in a Vietnam prison camp.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #156
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump is great for the guys who are farther to the right like Cruz. He makes everyone in the race look more compassionate. If he didn't have a track record for being a thin-skinned weirdo, I'd have thought he was purposely in the race to make the others look good to moderates.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:34 PM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
You know, you'd think I'd have been more aware of the politics involved there over the past 15 years...

(McCain was for deregulation, yes? That seems like a generally Republican stance.)

McCain was the patron of FCC deregulation chief Michael Powell (going so far as to unseat a sitting GOP member of the board in order to get Powell in place) but eventually ended up, IIRC, voting against the final bill. Yes, that's as contradictory as it sounds.

My problem with McCain vis a vis broadcast deregulation isn't with his position(s) but rather specifically with hearing him give one of the THE worst interviews in the history of politics.

He was talking to Sean Hannity as I recall, and it was the most bewildering 20 minutes I've ever heard from any politician. Think along the lines of the guy (name escapes me) who described the internet as "a series of tubes" ... except worse.

The longer McCain babbled on the more I realized that he -- the man described at the time as the "lynchpin of deregulation" -- had less understanding of ANYTHING he was talking about than (insert random person) my mother. It was frightening & spellbinding at the same time, it was a chilling combination of doubletalk and nonsense. The average person would have just glazed over but for anyone with any experience in the industry at all, the contradictions and misuse of terms were glaring. Someone taught him to pronounce various words, nobody bothered to teach him the meanings of them nor how they interacted with each other.

It was to the extent that, on that day, I realized the man was a complete charlatan, utterly out of his depth ... but trying to fake it for all he was worth.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:06 AM   #158
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, well that's how I assume at least half of Congress to be like. I mean, it's impossible to have a grasp on every subject, but I bet most members of committees don't know jack about the subject matter of the committee past what their lobbyists tell them. Especially for matters of science and technology. That or they're just in their pockets. Or there are the ones who are just flat out not very bright.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #159
Dutch
"Dutch"

I am still waiting to the Trump thing to go away so we can start getting after the real candidates.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #160
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I am still waiting to the Trump thing to go away so we can start getting after the real candidates.

Along those lines, here's an intriguing Top 10 read from the event Trump was at yesterday. Trump is only one of the top 10, so the other 9 give you a glimpse of what's going on here in Iowa:

STEVE DEACE: 2016 Iowa caucuses: Did Trump implode, has Jindal arrived? - Washington Times
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #161
Kodos
Resident Alien

From Rev's article:

"They were helping to stage a pro-life demonstration outside the auditorium demanding the defunding of death merchant Planned Parenthood."

Shakes head.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #162
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Let me know if you ever find one
Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #163
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Let me know if you ever find one

Heh, I mean, serious threats to landing the gig.

(and yes...I've already come to the realization that re-animating Reagan is still centuries away.)

Last edited by Dutch : 07-20-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #164
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So Kasich is apparently going to it make it 16 in the clown car this week. So if Jindal declares... that's 17. Yikes!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #165
Dutch
"Dutch"

The Democratics still have room in their clown car...so far its just Hillary and her limo driver.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #166
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So Kasich is apparently going to it make it 16 in the clown car this week. So if Jindal declares... that's 17. Yikes!

Kasich's got a brewing scandal about charter schools that I'm not sure he's going to be able to survive.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #167
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Kasich's got a brewing scandal about charter schools that I'm not sure he's going to be able to survive.

His candidacy isn't going to survive his position on amnesty for illegals. Charter schools won't be nearly as important.

He's a guy running in the wrong party.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #168
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

I don't know if it's related, but my wife (a professor of Education at an Ohio university) had discovered some really disturbing things about a conglomerate operating a bunch of Charters in Ohio. If that's the direct result of lobbying Kasich, it should finish him. The sad thing is that the same company is trying to gain a foothold in nearby states.

I like the idea of Charters. But it's very tricky in practice.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #169
Clark
n00b

Today Scott Walker signed a bill banning abortions after 20-weeks. No exemptions for rape, incest or the health of the mother.

Also, he signed a contract with the State Patrol giving them a 6% pay raise over the next two years. All other State employees will receive 0% over that time period. The State Troopers Association supported Walker when he ran for governor. They are still allowed to collectively bargain.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #170
Dutch
"Dutch"

I'm not up to speed on charter schools, but the one my daughter won a lottery to attend is awesome.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #171
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
Today Scott Walker signed a bill banning abortions after 20-weeks. No exemptions for rape, incest or the health of the mother.

That sort of stuff is seriously going to kill him in this race at some point.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #172
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
That sort of stuff is seriously going to kill him in this race at some point.

Agreed we should go with the scientific number on how late in the game we can coat-hanger "non-baby but damn near a baby!" fetuses.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #173
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm still inclined to think Trump is the greatest troll in American political history.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #174
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm still inclined to think Trump is the greatest troll in American political history.

I think that he lacks the self-awareness to be a traditional troll. He is just in this for the attention, but I think that that's all on a subconscious level.

So, I guess he is a troll. But he's also trolling himself, if that makes any sense.

I still think that he'll be a distant memory by the time the caucuses roll around.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #175
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post

Also, he signed a contract with the State Patrol giving them a 6% pay raise over the next two years. All other State employees will receive 0% over that time period. The State Troopers Association supported Walker when he ran for governor. They are still allowed to collectively bargain.

The bolded point is relevant, and just one example of crony government from the guy.

To be fair, however, a lot of the raise involved is retroactive - they haven't seen an increase at all since before Walker took office, so it's not like this is coming out of nowhere. It's also a raise about 1/3 the size of what Walker wanted (he wanted 17%, the Legislature gave him 6%), so I guess bully for the Legislature for standing up to him?

But, yeah. I mean, I get not asking public safety workers like the state troopers or other first responders to pay more towards health costs or what-have-you the way he did for the teachers. Whether or not I agree with it, I can understand carving out an exception for "look, these folks do a dangerous job and we should take care of them for that."

It's the "teachers being allowed to collectively bargain harms the state's financial health but fire and police workers should totally have collective bargaining rights" BS I object to.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #176
SackAttack
Head Coach

Also, Kasich formally running.

That's gonna be a weird contrast with Walker. Both guys went after the public unions, but Ohio structurally gives citizens the ability to say 'oh no you fucking didn't,' and Ohio's law got repealed by an overwhelming margin.

Wisconsin voters can't do that. So Walker has continued to hammer the unions because there's literally nobody who's going to balk him on it. The Legislature has been a rubber stamp for most of his governorship, and the only way for Wisconsin voters to put a stop to it is either to recall Walker (he already survived that challenge) or to somehow overcome the post-2010 gerrymandering that sees Democrats get about 60% of the votes for Assembly seats while walking away with about 40% of the actual seats.

So Kasich is taking the kinder, gentler approach with unions these days after having his nose bloodied the first time, and Walker is just blithely doing whatever the shit he feels like.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #177
Dutch
"Dutch"

So I guess the Democratics bow to unions non-stop just from the threat of getting bloodied?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #178
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Uhh, I think I'm becoming more convinced that you're right.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #179
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

538 doesn't limit it to politics

Donald Trump Is The World’s Greatest Troll | FiveThirtyEight
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anything that discomfits a p.o.s. RINO like Graham is only going to add to Trump's momentum at this point.

The harder Trump goes at these characters, the more I'm starting to wonder if he isn't going to make himself a legitimate threat for the nomination.

Personality, a willingness to call out characters that many feel are sorely deserving of it AND simply showing a set of actual balls instead of the capitulation that we see from too many others ... well, that definitely has a lot of appeal. And it's generating legitimate enthusiasm, something that relatively few of his primary opponents have shown an ability to do (and certainly something that the recent nominees have utterly failed at).

I STILL don't believe he's got the portfolio to be the best choice for President ... but with every passing day it's starting to look as though he might at least have the right attitude to put himself in the conversation.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #181
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Anything that discomfits a p.o.s. RINO like Graham is only going to add to Trump's momentum at this point.

The harder Trump goes at these characters, the more I'm starting to wonder if he isn't going to make himself a legitimate threat for the nomination.

Personality, a willingness to call out characters that many feel are sorely deserving of it AND simply showing a set of actual balls instead of the capitulation that we see from too many others ... well, that definitely has a lot of appeal. And it's generating legitimate enthusiasm, something that relatively few of his primary opponents have shown an ability to do (and certainly something that the recent nominees have utterly failed at).

I STILL don't believe he's got the portfolio to be the best choice for President ... but with every passing day it's starting to look as though he might at least have the right attitude to put himself in the conversation.

The problem is that the traits tend to be mutually exclusive. People with the passionate feelings and willingness and what-the-fuck-attitude to speak the base's truth to the establishment tend not to have the portfolio/experience/temperament to actually run a successful serious campaign. And vice-versa.

The last guy who was able to combine both beat Carter 489-49 and Mondale 525-13.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #182
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I have to admit, the idea of a Trump presidency just seems awesome right now, just to get a change from politicians who give over polished speeches but accomplish nothing.

At least Trump is interesting to listen to.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #183
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
I have to admit, the idea of a Trump presidency just seems awesome right now, just to get a change from politicians who give over polished speeches but accomplish nothing.

Sure. He says what politicians don't say.

However, this includes a foreign policy that would make the mess Bush started and Obama exacerbated so much worse. His idea of handling ISIS is, again, to bomb Iraq's oil fields. There's the genesis of an idea that cutting off ISIS' access to money is a good thing, but it's not really where ISIS gets its money and it would cause a dozen other problems.

He seems to approach foreign policy like it's an episode of The Apprentice. He pretends to listen for ten minutes, then he cuts off discussion and fires someone for some arbitrary small-picture reason.

Trump is divisive. And in a political world that's already far too divisive, I think he's too destructive to be worth the novelty he brings to the field.

However, he won't win.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #184
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh hell no. If he or governor fat ass get anywhere near the nomination I may have to get a rifle.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #185
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Also, Kasich formally running.

That's gonna be a weird contrast with Walker. Both guys went after the public unions, but Ohio structurally gives citizens the ability to say 'oh no you fucking didn't,' and Ohio's law got repealed by an overwhelming margin.

Wisconsin voters can't do that. So Walker has continued to hammer the unions because there's literally nobody who's going to balk him on it. The Legislature has been a rubber stamp for most of his governorship, and the only way for Wisconsin voters to put a stop to it is either to recall Walker (he already survived that challenge) or to somehow overcome the post-2010 gerrymandering that sees Democrats get about 60% of the votes for Assembly seats while walking away with about 40% of the actual seats.

So Kasich is taking the kinder, gentler approach with unions these days after having his nose bloodied the first time, and Walker is just blithely doing whatever the shit he feels like.

Governor is supposed to represent the taxpayers best interest. And the people of Wisconsin seem to agree with his approach.

Why are people so upset when the person in charge of their tax dollars tries to find the best deal?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #186
JPhillips
General Manager

If the GOP had six candidates instead of sixteen I don't think Trump would be close to the lead, but it doesn't take much to lead a field so fractured. In the end I bet his ceiling is the Crazification Factor(27%).
Old 07-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #187
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Oh hell no. If he or governor fat ass get anywhere near the nomination I may have to get a rifle.

SINCE you went there ... I might possibly perhaps could hypothetically say something vaguely similar to that about a significant number of declared candidates in both parties.

Somewhat ironically, the relative size of the GOP field means there's probably more of them than there are of the D's.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #188
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

But consider this: today Trump gave out Lindsey Graham's personal number.

How awesome would it be if Trump gave out Putin's phone number? Imagine calling up the leader of China and ordering some take-out. The possibilities are endless!

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-21-2015 at 02:25 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #189
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But consider this: today Trump have out Lindsey Graham's personal number.

How awesome would it be if Trump gave out Putin's phone number? Imagine calling up the leader of China and ordering some take-out. The possibilities are endless!

I don't despise Putin or any Chinese politician nearly as much as I loathe Graham. There really isn't anything Trump could do to Graham -- or any other RINO -- that could make me so much as twitch an eyelash.

So, honestly, do you really think a hypothetical is going to have any bearing there?
Old 07-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #190
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Governor is supposed to represent the taxpayers best interest. And the people of Wisconsin seem to agree with his approach.

Why are people so upset when the person in charge of their tax dollars tries to find the best deal?

That $67 he saved my family on property taxes was sold to us as something that will jumpstart the state's economy.... Still waiting for that to happen.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #191
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But consider this: today Trump have out Lindsey Graham's personal number.

I saw what he did to many businesses in Atlantic City. Signing contracts, getting million dollars worth of products and services, not paying and then going bankrupt, paying out pennies on the dollar. Many businesses went under because of him, including his own.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #192
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
That $67 he saved my family on property taxes was sold to us as something that will jumpstart the state's economy.... Still waiting for that to happen.

That's a fair complaint. I think complaining that he won't overpay for services is kind of silly though.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #193
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If the GOP had six candidates instead of sixteen I don't think Trump would be close to the lead, but it doesn't take much to lead a field so fractured. In the end I bet his ceiling is the Crazification Factor(27%).

Agreed. I think for a lot of backers of those on the lower end of the 16, their second (or third or fourth) choice would definitely not be Trump.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #194
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I saw what he did to many businesses in Atlantic City. Signing contracts, getting million dollars worth of products and services, not paying and then going bankrupt, paying out pennies on the dollar. Many businesses went under because of him, including his own.

Which, btw, is going to make a debate exchange between Trump and Christie quite fantastic to watch.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #195
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

Right now, no one is really paying attention to Trump in a detailed way. He barks loudly but what is going to happen when people start bringing up all the shady shit he's done over the years?

I don't think he has a real shot at the nomination. He's entertainment right now.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #196
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

An idea - now that we have 16, can we have a debate tournament? Maybe 4 debates of 4 and then have 2 winners in each debate, and have semifinal debates of 4 each and then a Final with 4? We can seed them and everything!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #197
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump doesn't stand a chance. He riles up the most entrenched supporters because most people don't care about the election yet. When people start to care he'll fall off a cliff. This happens every election cycle.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #198
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
So I guess the Democratics bow to unions non-stop just from the threat of getting bloodied?

Dutch, I don't know what you think you're accomplishing with "Democrat Party" and "Democratics," but every time you open your mouth that way, I take you less seriously.

Is that your goal? Or is this some kind of passive-aggressive trolling so that you can get your digs in without crossing Jim's "don't get personal" line?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #199
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Trump doesn't stand a chance. He riles up the most entrenched supporters because most people don't care about the election yet. When people start to care he'll fall off a cliff. This happens every election cycle.

Howard Dean - YouTube

Yeah!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #200
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Because the thing is, he's not acting in the best interest of the taxpayers. To the extent THAT'S a thing, it's superficial.

Look, he enacts Act 10 to bust the public unions, especially the teachers. He pushes for repeated cuts to education spending. You know what REALLY drives employers wild and makes them want to move to a state? Hint: It's not attacking the education system. They want an educated workforce that can do the shit they need done. So, yay, people save a median of 70 bucks on property taxes, but the damage done to the rest of the state infrastructure is incalculable.

Additionally, and this bears repeating with a loud fucking megaphone, the teachers' union AGREED TO EVERY FINANCIAL CONCESSION WALKER ASKED FOR. The ONE thing they disagreed with was the complete neutering of their collective bargaining rights. They have no rights, in the state of Wisconsin, to bargain for ANYTHING outside of cost-of-living raises anymore. Not one. Damned. Thing. The financial concessions the governor said were essential to saving the state, the teachers agreed to. But that wasn't enough for him.

Now, moving forward five years, you talk about him acting in the best interests of the taxpayers?

Just what do you call it when the governor proposes cutting higher education funding by $300 million and taking out $300 million in loans that the state won't begin to repay for 13 years, to pay for a new basketball arena for billionaire ownership that doesn't want to fund it themselves? The state will be incurring interest for THIRTEEN YEARS before the first check is written to pay down that debt, and it's to build the Bucks a new arena. Sports facilities are a shell game. They don't ever return the kind of economic benefits sports franchise owners claim they will when they insist cities should foot the bill.

That's what he is fiscally. He's not fiscally conservative, and he CERTAINLY doesn't give a shit about getting "taxpayers" the best deal.

Quote:
That's a fair complaint. I think complaining that he won't overpay for services is kind of silly though.

Except in his zeal to cut services, he DID end up overpaying for them. Funding was reduced for things like bridge repair/construction. A bridge here in Green Bay sagged, had to be shut down, and needed emergency repairs conducted at greater cost than what normal maintenance would have been in the first place.

Why? He had tax cuts to hand out, dummy. Who needs things like infrastructure when you can be a tax cut champion?