Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #851
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

explorer? lemme go back to page 1 to read that. umm does this mean he wasnt a nec. and who silenced him?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #852
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Crap.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #853
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Was an egyptian. We don't know who silenced him, in terms of the player, but it's a power of the Head Necro.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #854
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so then we just lost another good guy? And someone purposely silenced Cronin, knowing he was good Im guessing which sinched his lynch?

So lets talk about how the silence works.. it works for 1 hour? A possibility a bad guy seer'ed Cronin last night, saw he was good and then framed him and silenced him so he could not defend himself?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #855
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
From post 653

So not quite as strong as I remembered but still promising.
So two other people...that makes 3...ruling class?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #856
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So the fact that we learned that he was silenced is very important info I feel. It gives us a starting point, no matter what, for tomorrow's discussions.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #857
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the fact that we learned that he was silenced is very important info I feel. It gives us a starting point, no matter what, for tomorrow's discussions.

I agree, i posted the same a little above your post. I think this might be the start for us to start looking at people.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #858
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
So two other people...that makes 3...ruling class?
But why assume they're good? And how do you get ruling class from the posts?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #859
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Lathum is the bodyguard? when did he reveal this?

That was referencing WW 26.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #860
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ok, so then we just lost another good guy? And someone purposely silenced Cronin, knowing he was good Im guessing which sinched his lynch?

So lets talk about how the silence works.. it works for 1 hour? A possibility a bad guy seer'ed Cronin last night, saw he was good and then framed him and silenced him so he could not defend himself?

Should we be looking at Saldana?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #861
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alright. Analysis.

The fact that Cronin was silenced is very interesting. Either the Head Necro took a big risk in guessing Cronin wasn't one of his lackeys, or he made him last night. The latter I think is a distinct possibility, as Cronin would be a good target to do the "search for necro" thing first off. Think the odds are high here.

IF that is true, we have something to work with. If the necro silenced him and knew he wasn't one of his lackeys, he'll likely be one of the people nudging people to vote for Cronin, or a tag along vote for him.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #862
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
But why assume they're good? And how do you get ruling class from the posts?
Its the only role i figure had 3 people in it. I never said they were good, but id imagine the 3 of them can somewhat vouch for eachother. Someone surely replaced swaggs in the group.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #863
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

I think we should use the night time to look over exactly who pushed for what and come back to talk about it more after night actions.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #864
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry cronin, but it wasnt like you didnt have all day to make a reveal...your role had a potential but wasnt anything that would have gotten you immediatedly killed at night if you had come out and said what you were....thats two days in a row that people have had the opportunity to make a reveal and didnt....i dont understand that at all.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #865
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah, I think the reason I and so many others agreed with saldana was that he had something.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #866
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Some people beat me to it.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #867
Schmidty
Coordinator

Losing the Explorer blows.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #868
SnDvls
Pro Starter

the good thing is we know that no one can be silenced tomorrow. and they only have 2 more shots at it as well.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #869
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Alright. Analysis.

The fact that Cronin was silenced is very interesting. Either the Head Necro took a big risk in guessing Cronin wasn't one of his lackeys, or he made him last night. The latter I think is a distinct possibility, as Cronin would be a good target to do the "search for necro" thing first off. Think the odds are high here.

IF that is true, we have something to work with. If the necro silenced him and knew he wasn't one of his lackeys, he'll likely be one of the people nudging people to vote for Cronin, or a tag along vote for him.
Cronin was made last night. We know that if an Egyptian left his house and was watched by a Necro that the Necro would learn that. Hoops told us as much. Cronin doesn't need sleep and thus would leave his house. So the question becomes who would suspect cronin to be a bad guy?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #870
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Losing the Explorer blows.
Honestly I'm not sure of that at all. Sounds to me like some of the objects could be used for good or ill.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #871
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
2.) Silence (daytime action - duration one hour, must be lifted with ten minutes remaining before deadline) - 3x per game, can't be used on consecutive days

This is what the rules for silencing are.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #872
SnDvls
Pro Starter

who suspected cronin on day 1? and again on day 2? might be a good starting point.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #873
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
who suspected cronin on day 1? and again on day 2? might be a good starting point.
I agree it's a good starting point. We can pretty much rule them out as the head necro.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #874
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
yeah, I know. I was working in the yard all day and by the time I got your message you were at work. And I closed last night. Is it something really important?

important enough that we have been waiting about 19 weeks to find out
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #875
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
sorry cronin, but it wasnt like you didnt have all day to make a reveal...your role had a potential but wasnt anything that would have gotten you immediatedly killed at night if you had come out and said what you were....thats two days in a row that people have had the opportunity to make a reveal and didnt....i dont understand that at all.
He was silenced at the end of the day, and up until the end of the day bek was a goner. Some one wanted cronin dead, or wanted bek alive...his silencing and late swing that saved bek/doomed cronin is just too coincidental to me...now who it was, i have no idea. But i think someone had a hand in it, whether to kill cronin or save bek
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #876
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hey Blade can you explain your Tangle vote now?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #877
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree it's a good starting point. We can pretty much rule them out as the head necro.

well I thought it'd be good but only 2 people fit that bill Schmidty and Anxiety
and I think Schmidty's day 1 vote was retalatory correct? Anxiety had some heat on him from day 1...could also be a set up...usually is.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #878
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm wondering if the Pharaoh can pass the helmet during the night?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #879
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey Blade can you explain your Tangle vote now?
I was reading, still had 7 pages to go and noticed my computer clock said 6:59(lynch is at 7 my time)...i threw out a random vote on him since he hadnt shown up yet where i was at in the reading. I would have voted elsewhere had i had time to read everything before voting, but i didnt so tangle got my vote. I read nothing past page 13 when i voted, so i have no idea bek or cronin had votes.
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #880
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Cronin was made last night. We know that if an Egyptian left his house and was watched by a Necro that the Necro would learn that. Hoops told us as much. Cronin doesn't need sleep and thus would leave his house. So the question becomes who would suspect cronin to be a bad guy?

Re-reading hoop's line about this, it really seems the Explorer was fucked from the start. The necros were almost CERTAINLY gonna be searching for their kind the first night, which would immediately mark the Explorer.

And to respond to another line...I'm reasonably sure it's less wanting Bek alive and more wanting Cronin, the only sure thing Egyptian, dead.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #881
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1. Barkeep49
2. Passacaglia
3. Schmidty
4. path12
5. Anxiety
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb
8. AlanT
9. Saldana
10. SnDvls
11. Lathum
12. Coffee Warlord
13. bulletsponge
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
16. Bek
17. Blade6119
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Night 1
19. Vince
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22

yep, front roster updated. Explorer confirmed
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #882
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i'm wondering if the Pharaoh can pass the helmet during the night?

I believe so, someone mentioned that the explorer could find good or bad items, is that for sure? Obviously if it's a good item path cnan pass it to whomever he trusts which would be a good thing but I think only path at the moment (well, maybe Cronin but I don't think he's allowed to talk) knows if the helmet is good or evil.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #883
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This is the description "this person does not need sleep. He uses the night hours to search for artifacts that may help him fight the necromancers. But not all of the desert's mysteries are meant to be found ..."

The bolded part indicates all objects are not good.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #884
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wouldnt cronin have to be looked at specifically by a necro to see if he was an explorer though?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #885
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
wouldnt cronin have to be looked at specifically by a necro to see if he was an explorer though?

Probably but its not a stretch that he would be a fight night check i bet.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #886
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge

No. According to hoops (it's a few pages back), if a necro is out looking for other necros, he'll also spot anyone else out and about. As the explorer is apparently ALWAYS out and about, it seems he was doomed.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #887
Blade6119
Coordinator

I want the helmet! I want any item i can get my stinkin hands on, good or bad. Its mine, my precioussssssss
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #888
hoopsguy
General Manager

Need five minutes to dump PMs ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #889
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No. According to hoops (it's a few pages back), if a necro is out looking for other necros, he'll also spot anyone else out and about. As the explorer is apparently ALWAYS out and about, it seems he was doomed.
Are we sure they'd spot ANYONE or just the person they spied on? This is an important point.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #890
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The necromancer search is pretty similar to the seer, except that a seer gets more complete information. The necromancer just learns if the target is a fellow necromancer or is an Egyptian. If the answer is yes, then he can initiate PMs with his co-conspirator. If not, then he knows the identity of one of his enemies.

The only other piece of information that a necromancer using search receives is if an Egyptian left his home in the evening or stayed in his house. That last piece of information was not published in the original ruleset but was made available to the necromancer(s) who conducted a search last night.
Here's the post. I think the reading could go either way.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #891
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, post #886 is not accurate. They will only know if the person they searched left their home. Not if any player left their home. I apologize if I was not clear on this point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #892
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Re-reading hoop's line about this, it really seems the Explorer was fucked from the start. The necros were almost CERTAINLY gonna be searching for their kind the first night, which would immediately mark the Explorer.

And to respond to another line...I'm reasonably sure it's less wanting Bek alive and more wanting Cronin, the only sure thing Egyptian, dead.

If we believe that someone actively influenced it from the beginning instead of just clinching a pile-on or getting really lucky, there are only three guys we can look at.

1) Saldana, who started the mess. Possible, and the instigator being anyone other than him requires a degree of luck. However, it would be a very risky play to be so aggressive so early, and he has to own up to the fact that cronin is good now.
2) Anxiety, who was second man in. If Anxiety is bad for a third game in a row I will be laughing my ass off. He really didn't support his vote that much at the time, which is a change from the last two games, but considering that he wound up the day four lynch the last two games because of the suspicion he stirred up, it seems like that was bound to happen anyway.
3) Dubb, who took us off of sndvls already. It's an extremely backward play, but it's possible he was just waiting and took advantage of a very fortunate oppourtunity. My internal alarms are kind of going off at him right now, as he could have searched either cronin (likely) or sndvls (not so much) last night and still have a way to make this work.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #893
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of those who voted for Cronin...

Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731), Dubb (742), bullet (750), Barkeep (751), Alan T (756), Vince (767), Tanglewood (769)

Crossing off Schmidty and Anxiety, as they were looking at him day 1 as well, as someone noted above.

Crossing off Dubb, Barkeep, and Vince as I kind of trust them right now for various reasons.

Which leaves my list of people to take a gander at tomorrow...

Saldana (618), bullet (750), Alan T (756), Tanglewood (769)

(Though I'm in partial agreement that Saldana is probably in the clear as well, but not enough to exclude him from my personal suspicions just yet.)
Old 06-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #894
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Coffee, post #886 is not accurate. They will only know if the person they searched left their home. Not if any player left their home. I apologize if I was not clear on this point.

Oh oh oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to bitch at you about making such a doomed character, too.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #895
Bek
High School JV

Alrighty...finally got caught up with all of the posts..felt like i was reading a novela (short novel for all of you that dont know)...here are my thoughts as of now...a necro got lucky last night and found out who cronin was and got rid of him early, as the explorer role would have been crucial to us further down the road. Is there a way that we can find out if the helmet is good or bad???...looking at who voted for cronin on day one and two and more specifically who turned the vote to him, as i believe this would be a good place for all of us to start
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #896
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
3) Dubb, who took us off of sndvls already. It's an extremely backward play, but it's possible he was just waiting and took advantage of a very fortunate oppourtunity. My internal alarms are kind of going off at him right now, as he could have searched either cronin (likely) or sndvls (not so much) last night and still have a way to make this work.

I've *love* for Sun to clear Dubb if he can.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #897
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Of those who voted for Cronin...

Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731), Dubb (742), bullet (750), Barkeep (751), Alan T (756), Vince (767), Tanglewood (769)

Crossing off Schmidty and Anxiety, as they were looking at him day 1 as well, as someone noted above.

Crossing off Dubb, Barkeep, and Vince as I kind of trust them right now for various reasons.

Which leaves my list of people to take a gander at tomorrow...

Saldana (618), bullet (750), Alan T (756), Tanglewood (769)

(Though I'm in partial agreement that Saldana is probably in the clear as well, but not enough to exclude him from my personal suspicions just yet.)

I think the key question we have to ask now is if we believe that the dogpile and the silence were cooridnated events. If we assume they are then the late voters aren't really good choices.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #898
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think the key question we have to ask now is if we believe that the dogpile and the silence were cooridnated events. If we assume they are then the late voters aren't really good choices.

Well, the reason I'm including the dogpilers is due to the timing of the votes. The other major lynch candidate was Bek, and it was only due to the later votes that Cronin even took the lead.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #899
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

i knew this would be asked eventually, and i acknowledge that i am a shitty bad guy in WW, but i would have to suck really badly to expose myself as far as i did today. the best i could hope for would be a one for one exchange (cronin for myself) and in a 22 man game, thats a pretty shitty exchange for day 1
Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #900
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i wish i dint change my vote now. some of yall are looking at me funny