Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1901
Autumn
Head Coach

This was a funny game because it seemed like we went after villagers every day without any wolf input. Maybe lookign back I'd see it, but it seemed like the wolves were able to hide in the background and just let us kill each other.

Definitely Chief and PurdueBrad kept this a game, we had basically no plays at all without them.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1902
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nope, the chance PB had of learning information about the attacker on a block was random.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1903
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Very nice game guys. I see him in thread so let me apologize again, Hoops, sorry for the day 1 kill. That'll teach me.

Every once in awhile we are on the same team

I think I would have had fun playing this one, but honestly I was due to get a Day 1 death at some point in my WW career. Now that it is out of the way I hope to avoid a repeat over the next 50+ games.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 04-15-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: removed double quote - and because I can being dead for the last two weeks
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #1904
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This was a funny game because it seemed like we went after villagers every day without any wolf input. Maybe lookign back I'd see it, but it seemed like the wolves were able to hide in the background and just let us kill each other.

Definitely Chief and PurdueBrad kept this a game, we had basically no plays at all without them.

Prior to the duke/block results I think the wolves were planning their victory party.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #1905
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I sort of had figured Claphamsa - Schmidty's roles, but I had guessed them backwards (obviously the wolves did the same).

From what I remember, we weren't concerned too much with which role each one had, rather which one would not be protected -- we had to get one of them to be sure which was which, but we also didn't want to get blocked. I was very in-and-out of the discussion on who to kill since it was the national championship game night and I had people over. But I do remember thinking clap was likely the seer, since I showed up 15 minutes before deadline, and Danny and I were trying to decide whether one or both of us should switch off him or not. Once Lathum moved to hoops, I decided not to bother switching, but was ready to save clap if needed.

This game was fun to read -- a lot of changes of momentum. I wish I'd been able to play in it longer!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #1906
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah, the last point... sorry to Shmidty for throwing him under the bus

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #1907
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah, I didn't imagine that was the case. I decided PB must have invented that in order to cast some sort of doubt about who he would guard tonight. But I had forgotten he couldn't guard Barkeep.

So were you really at all uncertain PB about Dubb or me? I thought you were being sly.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #1908
hoopsguy
General Manager

I told Danny in PM that I was amazed at how well the wolves avoided votes all game long. Every showdown seemed to be villager/villager and the conversation the next day would just add another villager.

Obviously it is tough to play with the seer out on Day 2 and no trust list to work with going forward, but even with that in mind it just seemed like the wolves were in total command within the thread. The villagers seemed pretty strong on their night actions, which helped make this one a game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #1909
Autumn
Head Coach

From out of the game was it clearer who the wolves were ? I basically had no idea, or rather had wrong ideas. But that seems to be my forte.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #1910
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

This game was the ultimate argument for lynching utr players.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #1911
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

It would have taken a lot for me to ultimately vote for you at the end of this game Autumn. I was 90-10 going dubb over you but I was trying to put pressure out there to see how everyone would react.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #1912
Autumn
Head Coach

That really worked in the wolves favor too, I think. If either the rope or the stapler had actually worked out in my favor we would have had a three person circle and some more info.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1913
Danny
Head Coach

Killing CR was not a high priority. While it worked out for you guys, he could have just as easily duke it to a villager and won us the game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #1914
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unfortunately, with what I am doing in my life now, it's UTR werewolf or nothing.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #1915
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea the duke isn't a high worry role for the wolves. It never has been for me. Go back to the harry potter game where Poli and I had a huge string of villager deaths we left the duke alive all the way to the end I believe. There is just such a huge chance he isn't going to duke a wolf that if there are other roles left out there there isn't much reason to kill the duke.

With that said CR did great this game with his duking of Poli. My stance will still be kill the duke after he makes a fool of himself.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #1916
Autumn
Head Coach

I figured he'd be a target simply because we had such a small circle of trust. Eliminate them and we'd be even more in the murk than we were. Not that you needed that, in the end.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #1917
MartinD
High School Varsity

Thank you EagleFan for running the game - really enjoyed it.

Danny, dubb - good job on putting the game away - was interesting following the last few days knowing who the wolves were...

Apologies again for not being able to contribute more - simply didn't have the time early on in the game.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 AM   #1918
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Killing CR was not a high priority. While it worked out for you guys, he could have just as easily duke it to a villager and won us the game.

heh heh now you know, Danny. Killing me should always be a high priority.

Fun game, EF, and great game, wolves. I thought the village might pull it out after all, but it wasn't meant to be.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #1919
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, next time I am a wolf, you die night 1

Wow, great. So Eaglefan is going to be back in the games to vote me Day 1 and then I'll have to worry about you nightkilling me day 1. Hmmmm, looks like lots of short games for me!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-16-2009 at 06:19 AM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #1920
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Unfortunately, with what I am doing in my life now, it's UTR werewolf or nothing.
What are you doing in life right now?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #1921
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think this is a common wolf mistake. In CR's case he had a lot of value as duke because I actually expected him to pull a wolf out of a hat at some point. He almost always does as a villager. But the bigger mistake is leaving the Duke around for trust purposes. Having a known and trusted player helps form a positive dynamic for the villagers. On each individual day there is normally a good reason to target someone other than the Duke, but I think it's normally a long run mistake not to kill the Duke.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #1922
Danny
Head Coach

That's true, but a bigger priority was finding the bodyguard and convert. After that we did go for CR, unfortunately he had already hit a wolf at that point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #1923
Autumn
Head Coach

I wonder if offing the duke though would make it more likely for the bodyguard to out himself. Might be worth it for that reason.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #1924
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think this is a common wolf mistake. In CR's case he had a lot of value as duke because I actually expected him to pull a wolf out of a hat at some point. He almost always does as a villager. But the bigger mistake is leaving the Duke around for trust purposes. Having a known and trusted player helps form a positive dynamic for the villagers. On each individual day there is normally a good reason to target someone other than the Duke, but I think it's normally a long run mistake not to kill the Duke.

I agree with most of that -- I think the Duke's call is marginally better than the popular vote, since there are wolves in that, and the Duke's call if wolf-free. But isn't the fact that he's worth killing what keeps him protected? While I agree it's a good idea to kill the Duke, I don't think it's worth the risk of not getting a kill at all.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #1925
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I wonder if offing the duke though would make it more likely for the bodyguard to out himself. Might be worth it for that reason.

If nothing else offing the duke makes it a 0% chance that he will duke the bodyguard.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #1926
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...dows-vista.jpg

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #1927
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What are you doing in life right now?

Nothing earth shattering...just whatever I want.

I'm just keeping myself busy with this, that, and the other. I'm not tied down anymore so I'm able to get out and about more often.