Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #2851
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So why the run on Schmidty? At least for me it was because I had no feel on him. No feel one way, no feel the other. Now there's some info out there. Others have done a great job of showing some inconsistencies there. Entirely possible that he's doing a fake reveal. But so what? Even if there's a 20% chance that he's telling the truth, and I think it's much higher then that, aren't we better off going for somebody else who is on no one's trust list? Someone like king. Or Chubby.

As for Schmidty's role: I don't think it's nearly as good as he thinks and think that the Necros are far more concerned about finding, say the bodyguard, then the High Priest. That said I don't see anything pointed out that suggests he isn't the role. I put it at 55/45 that he is the High Priest.

That said Schmidty: You brag about how you are a terrible player. I know how much you enjoy playing these things, but really can you be surprised that sometimes the fact that you aren't such a good player is going to come back to bite you? To me that's the beauty of Werewolf is that no matter how you play sometimes it's going to come back to bite you.

So those are my thoughts on Schmidty.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #2852
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
That said Schmidty: You brag about how you are a terrible player. I know how much you enjoy playing these things, but really can you be surprised that sometimes the fact that you aren't such a good player is going to come back to bite you? To me that's the beauty of Werewolf is that no matter how you play sometimes it's going to come back to bite you.

Thanks for the lecture daddy. I will definitely take it to heart.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #2853
Tyrith
College Starter

Okay, what I've got on the game right now.

Schmidty isn't a bad lynch because right now we don't have any way of really clearing him and that's the stage of the game we're at right now. The same is true of me, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Remaining living players:

Anxiety - No way of clearing him and thus has to be a suspect.
Barkeep - I trust that blade scanned him like it seems.
Chubby - No way of clearing him, either, and has acted suspicious at times.
Dubb - Same as barkeep.
King - No way of clearing him either.
Lathum - Probably going to have to be killed later but is no longer our/my primary threat even if I think it'd be kinda cool to kill him just to see what happens.
Path - I don't see a way that he's bad and that we win the game at this point.
Qwikshot - No evidence supporting.
Saldana - His reveal would be an idiot play if he weren't actually dying, so it really doesn't matter either way as long as we don't listen to him too much, but I suspect he's on our side because of the non-contradicted role and how it matches with barkeep's story.
Schmidty - Same here, really, although the role reveal seems pretty reasonable and if it's a lie someone ought to be able to contradict it.
SnDvls - Highest on my trust list atm between blade's probably scan of dubb and my thinking that dubb would give us a good guy to stay alive.
Tanglewood - No evidence here, either.
Tyrith - I am what I am, at this point.
Vince - I trust him a lot right now. I don't see a scenario other than a block last night within the rules.

That leaves us the following group of primary suspects:
Anxiety
Chubby
King
Qwik
Schmidty
Tangle
Me

I'm going to discount myself for the obvious reasons. My gut instinct right now is to definately trust the fouts group more than the lathum group because most of the necros probably already know who the head is and would be trying to two-for-one us in any number of situations. The lathum group was me, path, dubb, king, anxiety, and saldana.

I think we have probably three, slight chance of four necros left in this game, and I'd be pretty surprised if that list doesn't sum them up pretty good.

Alan mentioned something in one of his posts along the lines that there's no way all the new players are bad. Possible tell? Incredibly small but those are the kinds of moves that are usually best for bad guys -- subtle way to sway thinking, unlikely to be caught, possibly true anyway.

The schmidty dogpile stinks to me, as do most dogpiles usually, and he wasn't in the lathum group. While the ironic parts of me wants to vote for Anxiety I think I can actually get people behind the king vote.

VOTE KINGFC22
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #2854
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No problem
Old 06-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #2855
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- That was supposed to quote schmidty's response to me.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #2856
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's look at king. Barkeep mentioned him just now. I have no feel on king at all. Anyone else have ideas on king? I'm not voting for king, I just want to hear from king or about king.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #2857
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heh, look at Tyrith and I going in the exact same direction at the same time, both posting simultaneously

-Anxiety

Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #2858
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'd have to do some digging, which I am unable to do for now, but his posts have struck me as generally useful, though nothing in particular of his stands out one way or another. But a good WW player, which king is, certainly works to cultivate that sort of image so I would certainly love to hear what others think, and possibly see what others can find from his posts if I cannot wrangle some free time to do it myself.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #2859
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- Damn what is with me and the quoting? That last post was about king.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #2860
path12
Coordinator

I don't know 100%, but I'm at least 80% sure Schmidty is good with the ruling class reveal. I know for a fact there is only one ruling class member left.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #2861
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Let's look at king. Barkeep mentioned him just now. I have no feel on king at all. Anyone else have ideas on king? I'm not voting for king, I just want to hear from king or about king.

-Anxiety

I don't have a feel for him, no idea where to place him (he's on my "somewhat trust" list but not up on my "pretty sure he's good" list). There hasn't been anything that's stood out for or against him that I have seen. Who has he voted for?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #2862
path12
Coordinator

I started to go through Vince's posts but about halfway through I got busy at work, and frankly what I did see wasn't setting off any alarms. I might get a chance to look at King later, but I won't be able to do that before lynch today.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #2863
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I don't know 100%, but I'm at least 80% sure Schmidty is good with the ruling class reveal. I know for a fact there is only one ruling class member left.

And the fact that no one else has spoken up against schmidty makes me trust him even more.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #2864
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agreed.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #2865
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Path's reveal intrigues me. We haven't had a necro ruling class yet, have we? If there is 1 of those out there presumably the last one left would be a necro.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #2866
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anxiety, Tyrith: What do you mean no one's spoken out for him? What do you call what you're doing?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #2867
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No, Tyrith said spoken out AGAINST him since teh rr

Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #2868
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path's reveal intrigues me. We haven't had a necro ruling class yet, have we? If there is 1 of those out there presumably the last one left would be a necro.

Personally I think that once the fanatic died the ruling class breaks down. But that wasn't spelled out or anything, it's just the assumption I made.

What I know is that the ruling class is broken and that there is just one member out there.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #2869
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

UNVOTE Schmidty

Although to be honest, I'm having a hard time justifing this with the way he's reacted to SNDVLS, the one guy I'm 100% sure is clean.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #2870
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
No, Tyrith said spoken out AGAINST him since teh rr

Yeah, this. Pretty much all the active players have seen the role reveal and none of them came running forward screaming. It would have been funny if they did, especially with path's news now.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #2871
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for votes as of Post #2870:

Schmidty - SnDvls (2788), Lathum (2789), Saldana (2795), King (2797), Chubby (2800)

King - Tyrith (2853)

Not voted: Barkeep, Schmidty, Path, Anxiety, Dubb, Qwikshot, Vince, Tanglewood
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #2872
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Personally I think that once the fanatic died the ruling class breaks down. But that wasn't spelled out or anything, it's just the assumption I made.

What I know is that the ruling class is broken and that there is just one member out there.
Ok so the ruling class breaks down. But we don't know, from the dead, who is an original, and who is a replacement. But if there is only 1 member left, and we have yet to have a necro member of the ruling class doesn't that suggest that perhaps Schmidty, if a member of the ruling class, is a necro?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #2873
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also both sndvls and dubb have continued to question Schmidty since his reveal. With about half of the remaining players having voted for Schmidty prior to the reveal asking someone NEW to jump on the anti-Schmidty bandwagon isn't as likely, but is still possible.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #2874
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok so the ruling class breaks down. But we don't know, from the dead, who is an original, and who is a replacement. But if there is only 1 member left, and we have yet to have a necro member of the ruling class doesn't that suggest that perhaps Schmidty, if a member of the ruling class, is a necro?

IIRC, the rules stated that Ruling Class members who died would be replaced up to a certain point. If Swaggs died night 1 and was ruling class that could have passed to Schmidty (it should have passed to someone the way I read the rules). So then there were three again.

Coffee uses his fanatic power to take out ruling class Pass then offs himself afterwards, taking out the remaining ruling class members.

I get a message saying there's just one left. That would jive with the above scenario. I don't see the leap to the new ruling class member being a necro.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:10 PM   #2875
path12
Coordinator

Dola, it's certainly possible he is bad. I just don't see the connection.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #2876
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But why assume Schmidty got it from swaggs? Why couldn't he have been an original member and CW or Pass or someone else got passed to it from swaggs? By my rough math, assuming a very conservative 5 starting bad guys, if the ruling class is randomly deteremined there is 33% chance that no one would have been bad on the ruling class. This assumes that there has only been 1 replacement member, for Swaggs.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #2877
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So 1/3 isn't so bad. So I'm not saying that should indict Schmidty. Just wanted to throw that out there as a possiblity. If path, who has the greatest insight on the rulign class, believes Schmidty's version there I guess I should too. But the story, with the coin, doesn't completely add up, in fairness.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #2878
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Ok fine. I'll do a role reveal. Nice job drawing the info out, bad guys.

I'm the High Priest, and the last member of the ruling class (as far as I can tell from my last PM from hoops). Swaggs was in the ruling class, and when he died, he passed me a "coin" that told me that I was now in the class. On night 4, I consecrated Swaggs body to stop the Necromancer from reanimating his body. I'm not sure if it worked, or if Swaggs wasn't the target that night.

I have been playing below the radar because I have an important role, and I tend to piss people off no matter what I say. It had been working great until today. Thanks Barkeep.

Well, that's that. I'm going to die either way - by lynch today, or by the bad guys tonight.

Barkeep, this is where I got that Schmidty claimed to get the coin from Swaggs.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #2879
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well, there is not much I can say that would make me any more valuable than Schmidty. I was hoping that my rather generic Egyptian role would turn into a ruling class replacement, but it hasn't.

On a side note, I will be going to the doctor tomorrow and won't be around for the deadline.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 PM   #2880
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
But why assume Schmidty got it from swaggs? Why couldn't he have been an original member and CW or Pass or someone else got passed to it from swaggs? By my rough math, assuming a very conservative 5 starting bad guys, if the ruling class is randomly deteremined there is 33% chance that no one would have been bad on the ruling class. This assumes that there has only been 1 replacement member, for Swaggs.

OK, rereading this I don't think you're questioning that Schmidty claims to get it from Swaggs, but stating that we don't know for sure if he's lying or not.

So, um, never mind. I'm out for awhile, will be back sometime before lynch and will vote then.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #2881
kingfc22
Head Coach

Let's take a quick look at what the necros might have left. Right now we have an 11-3 man advantage and 10-3-1 if Lathum has his own agenda as the prophecy.

- If they have 4 left, then they could attempt a double kill each night.
- If they have 3 left, then they could attempt 1 kill.
- If they have 2 left, then they could attempt 1 kill.
- Since the head necro is still out there he can use his disease. I think Blade was killed and saldana is the first victim. That would mean he has one chance left. Of course if he hits a "healthy" Egyptian then that voids his last chance.
- The head necro also can raise a mummy still.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #2882
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola

And if they have 4 left it is 10-4 or 9-4-1 depending on Lathum.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #2883
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

How do you know there are 3 Necros still out there?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #2884
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

dola

Nice save........
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #2885
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

double dola

Ignore all the above, just read the original post again properly. Should learn to do that before commentating more often.....
Old 06-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #2886
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
How do you know there are 3 Necros still out there?

Only having two left is certainly possible, but my gut tells me three right now, and I have some other ideas bouncing around that I don't really want to out at the moment.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #2887
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
The schmidty dogpile stinks to me, as do most dogpiles usually, and he wasn't in the lathum group.

This was my thought even before the reveal, and now with that reveal, especially since it had been semi-corraborated with path, I don't think Schmidty is where we should be going today.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #2888
Tyrith
College Starter

If there are only two left and we're planning on three we can just look at it as a fortunate surprise; for today it really doesn't change how we vote.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #2889
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
double dola

Ignore all the above, just read the original post again properly. Should learn to do that before commentating more often.....

Sorry. I think I just pulled a SnDvls.:o
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #2890
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

About to leave for work so I need to get a vote in. I suppose since no one else has spoken up about Schmidty's role we must believe him. Although I'll be voting elsewhere I'm secretly hoping Schmidty does infact bite his dust for telling Sun he hopes his side loses[which would be the side of the egyptians.]

With that said I won't vote for king. I have no info about him, but I think he's on the up an up. Instead, I'll go back to something I should have done a long time ago.

VOTE CHUBBY

And with that I'm out.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #2891
kingfc22
Head Coach

I think this is the latest we have gone in a day phase with this many votes still remaining.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #2892
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm waiting for Chubby to return before I cast my vote. King anything you can post in your defense?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM   #2893
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well I'm waiting for Chubby to return before I cast my vote. King anything you can post in your defense?

I'm back, had to go to the store for drinks.

Here is my reasoning on staying on Schmidty:

He went after SnDvls as dubb mentioned after everything he knows. Now I don;t fully trust dubb either, but I've deemed him better left until later as I don't want to lynch another important egyptian.

as you mentioned, there's nothing procluding the final ruling class member from being a necro. I don't see why that (him claiming ruling class) automatically makes him good. He may end up being good, I don't know for sure but why go after SnDvls after what Dubb has said?

Dubb himself wants Schmidty dead yet votes for me? Why is that? I don't trust the whole dubb/SnDvls thing I'm still willing to put it off since no one else has taken it up.

I am magically attuned. I've learned jack squat from my ability. There's no way I can clear myself with that, I don't have some smoking gun role to claim to try and save myself because frankly there isn't one. Not everyone is going to have juicy roles... sigh...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #2894
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated vote count as of Post #2893:

Schmidty - SnDvls (2788), Lathum (2789), Saldana (2795), King (2797), Chubby (2800)

King - Tyrith (2853)

Chubby - Dubb (2890)

Not voted: Barkeep, Schmidty, Path, Anxiety, Qwikshot, Vince, Tanglewood
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #2895
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Although I'll be voting elsewhere I'm secretly hoping Schmidty does infact bite his dust for telling Sun he hopes his side loses[which would be the side of the egyptians.]

Oh come on, I got mad because I was being rudely dismissed by him. It was if he didn't want to listen to my side of things, and that pissed me off a lot.

Everyone gets pissed at certain times in WW, and reacts ways they wish they hadn't.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #2896
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well that wasn't the role I was hoping to hear from Chubby. *Sigh*. Time to dig into king's posts.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #2897
Schmidty
Coordinator

In hopes of not dying, I vote:

Vote Chubby

I've said all I can say to try to save myself, and if the majority still aren't listening, even to the Pharaoh, then that's that.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #2898
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Oh come on, I got mad because I was being rudely dismissed by him. It was if he didn't want to listen to my side of things, and that pissed me off a lot.

Everyone gets pissed at certain times in WW, and reacts ways they wish they hadn't.
I've never done that
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #2899
Schmidty
Coordinator

What a lame ending. I'm going to die, and no one seems to give a shit, save 4 people or so. Half of you haven't even voted.

Damned garbage.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #2900
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
King anything you can post in your defense?

I think I've hinted at my role a couple times now. Don't think we need an outbreak of role reaveals just yet.