Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow, this is some SERIOUS Werewolf

Some people on Boardgamegeek.com (where I learned about werewolf) have designed a website used only to track and support werewolf games. Looking at it, it feels like we're in the Dark Ages on this site.

There's still a regular discussion thread for each game, but the site, The Cassandra Project, tracks all scheduled and oncoming games, who's playing, it tracks roles and teams (while a game is active you'll see who's on your team but not other roles), has an excellent automatic vote tallying system, records all a player's posts so you can see them with a single click, tracks time zones, and on top of all that, provides a separate communication system that allows the GM to set up multiple private chat groups for different teams.

Oh yes, did I mention that they have an automated moderator system so you can play simple games without a player mod? This site just blows me away.

Some pics:

The front page with all the ongoing and scheduled games:

A completed game:

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In.

Sane.

Wow.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But do the posts add to their post count?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
path12
Coordinator

Yeah, they implemented it last fall or so. It's a fantastic tool. If you're in a game like Rome for example, you can easily call up say Mustang's posts and go through them, that's been my favorite thing to use. I stopped playing there awhile back though, I prefer focusing on one game at a time and was playing four or five at once for awhile over there......plus, this is my group.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
hoopsguy
General Manager

I had seen references to Cassandra over there but had not seen the site - definitely looks like it would be helpful for pulling up posts, at a minimum.

So, who wants to write this?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well the communication system looks great. I'm really feeling the lack of a flexible communication system which I need for the Shadow in my upcoming game. Still thinking about options with that.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #7
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agree on that. I wanted to program in a couple of different types of "telepaths" in my last game but couldn't come up with a good way of doing it with the current PM system and the hard cap at 70.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Agree on that. I wanted to program in a couple of different types of "telepaths" in my last game but couldn't come up with a good way of doing it with the current PM system and the hard cap at 70.

what about creating some screen names with simple passwords in aim (since they are free) and giving them to the players with their roles..that would let them communicate on aim without having their normal screenname visible on other peoples buddy lists that have them
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote