Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Rushing YPC bug (again)

I know this was brought up before, but has it been confirmed that there is bug with rushing yards per carry? I checked the stats last night in my league and in 22 years of play, there have only been 14 guys who have EVER finished a year with 5.0 or better per carry. This seems pretty unrealistic to me.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:00 AM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

What rosters are you using?

What patch-level are you on?

Have you ever seen a grown-man naked?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 12-10-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Well, it has been shown that the overall league rushing yards per carry is spot-on now, but someone has mentioned that the standard deviation may be off.

That being said, I seem to have at least 2 or 3 guys nearly every season with >5.0 ypc. In 2021, there were six of 'em (five who started all 16 games).

What is realistic here? I don't know.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Ben E Lou

Dola...

My fullback did it once even. He's a pure stud FB, carrying 120-150 times per year with 500-700 yards. He's been 1st Team for 9 straight years.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Re: Rushing YPC bug (again)

Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
I know this was brought up before, but has it been confirmed that there is bug with rushing yards per carry? I checked the stats last night in my league and in 22 years of play, there have only been 14 guys who have EVER finished a year with 5.0 or better per carry. This seems pretty unrealistic to me.

I've had 15 running backs with over 5.0 ypc in 11 years. It seems alright to me. 9 of the guys who accomplished this feat were AI generated players.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I certainly don't expect to see 5.0 ypc commonly, but there are players in the NFL who are better at this than others. I'd like to see a few players who rack up 5.0 or better nearly every year, and right now I don't see that. The top yardage backs tend to be grinders who have a lot of carries, so I expect lower numbers there, but the change of pace backs who get to exploit their fresh legs tend to put up better yards per carry numbers in the NFL, at least. It's possible that the problem, if there is one, is just a symptom of something else, like the main backs getting too many carries? I've noticed a lot of 400+ carry seasons, though it could just be a fluke of my universe.

I'm using a fictional universe created using HeavyReign's utility. and the current patch level.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:12 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

I just checked some numbers for my league. I applied patch 5.0a before the 2013 season. This is the patch that addressed yards per carry.

2003-2012: 16 (1.6 per season, pre-5.0a)
2013-2024: 31 (2.6 per season, post-5.0a)

Again, I have no clue what the real-life numbers here are. Anyone?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Just looking around some more, there's a guy in my unvierse who has played 6 seasons, and has been over 5.0 ypc in four of those seasons, with 220+ carries and 1060+ yards each year.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:23 AM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This season in the NFL there are 8 guys who are averaging 5.0 or greater. Portis is killing everyone with 5.8, but there are also Dunn (before he got hurt) Barlow, Tomlinson, J. Lewis, Westbrook, A. Green, and Mcallister. That's a big chunk of the top RBs.

Last year there were only 4, Portis, Garner, Holmes, and Bennett.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
This season in the NFL there are 8 guys who are averaging 5.0 or greater. Portis is killing everyone with 5.8, but there are also Dunn (before he got hurt) Barlow, Tomlinson, J. Lewis, Westbrook, A. Green, and Mcallister. That's a big chunk of the top RBs.

Last year there were only 4, Portis, Garner, Holmes, and Bennett.
So maybe that is more evidence that deviation is too small. I can't recall who started the thread when this was discussed, but I'm going to do a search....
Old 12-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #11
Ben E Lou

Here it is