Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #251
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fun stuff for those of you that don't follow our Facebook page. We had some metal detectors out to the winery to look for items. We were shocked when they brought in the keychain below. It's the room 76 keychain from the Winner Hotel, which used to sit on the same site where the winery is currently located. The hotel burned down in 1900 and we assumed we'd never find any items from the hotel. It was in business from 1880-1895.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #252
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

That's really cool!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #253
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More items. A sink handle from the late 1800s.

Parts from a harmonica.

Another keychain and a gambling token from a saloon in Rolla, MO.

Top row (L-R): Wheat Head Penny minted 1919, 'V' Nickel minted 1903, Unknown token imprinted with 'W.R.J. 10'

Bottom row (L-R): 'Barber' Dime minted 1911, 'V' Nickel minted 1911, Buffalo nickel minted 1918 in Philadelphia.

Gold ring found near current wedding location.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #254
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Very cool. Are you collecting these items to display at the winery or considering donating them anywhere? Making me think of the Woodneath Farm collection of items they have on display at the new library. Lot of Clay County history on your property.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #255
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Very cool. Are you collecting these items to display at the winery or considering donating them anywhere? Making me think of the Woodneath Farm collection of items they have on display at the new library. Lot of Clay County history on your property.

We've already got a room with a lot of historic items displayed. We'll just add these to the cases.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #256
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Made a list on Buzzfeed of top wineries in the state.

26 Wineries To Visit While In St. Louis Or Kansas City

Also had a big write-up in the Kansas City Business Journal about wineries in the area who use events to increase customer numbers.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #257
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Gold ring found near current wedding location.

You found the One Ring! We must get you away from Sauron.

We're taking Mizzou to Isengard!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #258
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Video from our 4th annual Easter egg hunt. Over 350 kids!

Easter Egg Hunt 2014 - YouTube
Old 05-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #259
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a great event last night. We offer the winery free of charge for use on Thursday nights for fundraisers. Last night's event is a really good example of how to run a good event. They brought in the media along with getting food donated and holding a silent auction.

Community rallies around baby with spinal disease | Local News - KMBC Home
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #260
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Very excited. For the first time since we opened 3 1/2 years ago, we're adding new wines to our list!

Boo's is a brandy-fortified wine made with the Norton grape. Dessert drink with strong berry flavors.

Naked Pink is a semi-sweet rose wine. Great blush flavor and really nice patio wine.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #261
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Made an unlikely new friend today out at the winery. NFL Hall of Famer Neil Smith came out to the winery. He was out there cooking BBQ for an event today. Was able to chat with him for about 35-40 minutes. Really nice guy and we're going to work together on some future events at the winery. You never know who you'll meet.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #262
Izulde
Head Coach

I forget - do you guys ship yet?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #263
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I forget - do you guys ship yet?

Not quite yet. I'm working on a ordering portal already. Got some merchandise up there already. Working on getting the license so I can put the wine up there to order as well.

Belvoir Winery - Liberty, MO | Square Market
Old 11-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #264
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a special visitor today!

Old 02-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #265
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Getting a lot of social media hits over this article on Buzzfeed today. Thought you guys might like it as it's a video-game inspired engagement photo shoot.

This Post-Apocalyptic Engagement Shoot Is Totally Badass
Old 02-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #266
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Haha that's awesome!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #267
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We had the Ghost Hunters crew out for our annual 2-day paranormal event. Really interesting video evidence here that even has a video gaming twist to it.

The video below was taken by a Kinect camera that has been hacked for paranormal use. They use the motion technology to detect any changes in the EMF field and map out those anomolies. In this case, the anomoly actually appears to be intelligent in nature. Note that there is no one or nothing in front of the camera when this happened other than an empty room.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...324626&fref=nf
Old 04-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #268
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

THANKS FOR HAVING ME WATCH THAT BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP, MBBF!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #269
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
THANKS FOR HAVING ME WATCH THAT BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP, MBBF!

Sorry.

In all seriousness, it's a really cool little tool. Would love to get a couple of them to use in our public investigations, but I think the price tag is pretty steep.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #270
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New phase in the winery has started. We've started construction on the second and third floor. It will triple the size of our winery. We'll be adding two new ballrooms, a bridal salon, new bar, and nine new overnight stay rooms. We'll be blogging information and photos on our company website (which just was redesigned) starting today.

Winery News

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-18-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #271
tarcone
Coordinator

Are you going to let people come to taste wine and spend the night?
Or are the rooms strictly for wedding use?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #272
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Are you going to let people come to taste wine and spend the night?

Or are the rooms strictly for wedding use?

Rooms will be for overnight accommodations, though obviously the rooms will likely be booked up on wedding nights with friends/family of the bridal party. Otherwise, they'll be available to the public for overnight stays. I'm working on the online booking function for the website as I type this. Rooms on the weekends will run around $200-300/night and $100/night on Sunday-Thursday.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #273
digamma
Torchbearer

Congrats on the expansion plans.

One minor suggestion on the new site. You might consider pictures of the wines or people drinking the wines in the Wines section of the site, rather than the dudes drinking what looks to be whiskey (based solely on the glass). It's a great picture, but guessing you might want to focus on the wine or label there?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #274
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Congrats on the expansion plans.

One minor suggestion on the new site. You might consider pictures of the wines or people drinking the wines in the Wines section of the site, rather than the dudes drinking what looks to be whiskey (based solely on the glass). It's a great picture, but guessing you might want to focus on the wine or label there?

Appreciate the suggestion. The important thing is to show people having fun. I don't have a professional photo yet that meets both the wine/having fun need, but I'm going to keep looking through future wedding photos. I think we're better off showing people having fun until we can get both in the same photo.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #275
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Hard to believe, but it's been five years of business now. We're doing fantastic. Our revenue numbers are up around 25% over last year. We're renovating the upstairs and will have the new ballrooms and the inn opened up sometime in March. It's a big next step, but it's a good move that will really benefit us over the long haul.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #276
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's a construction update video if you're interested. Only a couple months until we open up our inn and new event space. Just click on the link to view the video.

January Renovation Update!

The new inn and ballroom are on the way! We filmed this video today as a good time to film progress. We're loading in drywall this week and will be working on putting up the drywall over the next two weeks. After that, we'll film another video to show how quickly a project can change from a visual perspective once the drywall is installed!My daughter Kali provided the comic relief for the tour! Enjoy!

Posted by Belvoir Winery on Monday, January 18, 2016
Old 01-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #277
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Congrats! It's been really cool to see this grow over the years.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #278
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Here's a construction update video if you're interested. Only a couple months until we open up our inn and new event space. Just click on the link to view the video.

January Renovation Update!The new inn and ballroom are on the way! We filmed this video today as a good time to film progress. We're loading in drywall this week and will be working on putting up the drywall over the next two weeks. After that, we'll film another video to show how quickly a project can change from a visual perspective once the drywall is installed!My daughter Kali provided the comic relief for the tour! Enjoy!
Posted by Belvoir Winery on Monday, January 18, 2016

Quick hint, tilt your phone 90° for your next videos shootings.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #279
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Quick hint, tilt your phone 90° for your next videos shootings.

Yes, I realized that afterwards. But always good to remind me. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #280
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Heard you are having some issues with trespassing..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #281
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Heard you are having some issues with trespassing..

Yeah, we're cracking down pretty heavy right now. Made nine arrests in the last two weeks. It's amazing how people seem to think it's OK to come on someone's property just because the buildings are vacant. We try to be nice about it, but there's a few that are taking the trespassing to the next level, so it's time to deal with it. I'm thankful that we'll begin renovation in the vacant buildings sometime early next year, so hopefully we won't have to deal with this much longer.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #282
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

You can't make this stuff up.

Saturday around 5:15 AM, we had a burglary at the winery. They took our cash drawer (around $600 in cash), all four of our iPad's that we use as a POS system, lots of merchandise on the racks (most of them being bags that they used to carry out stuff), and a couple thousand dollars worth of hard liquor off the bar. We knew based on the fact that they didn't touch the wine that they were younger in age. We also were able to get good footprints (they entered through the construction fire exits upstairs where there was a lot of drywall dust that easily showed the tracks). They used a crowbar to pop the door. They also hung out in the building for 40-50 minutes. We also were able to get two fingerprints.

After reviewing the video (they forgot to notice there were cameras all over our building), we saw four people on the video. We had two good looks at two different faces. In addition, we had good video of their cameras and all four of their shoes.

Amazingly, the next morning at the exact same time, they decided to break in again! This time there was six of them. We didn't get any faces, but we confirmed some of the same shoes and also got some good clothes shots. It's amazing that they came so early, as police told us that robberies at that time are extremely rare. Not only that, but they hit the same place twice. My security is usually there between 10-3 or so, though it varies depending on the day.

On Monday night, I was at a local bar and brought up my Find My iPhone app on my phone. I entered the winery information and to my amazement, one of the iPads popped up as being online and gave me a location in a residential neighborhood 10 miles away. Better yet, the description said "Taylor's iPad". I went to the police in that town and informed them of the situation. They went door to door in that area, asking if anyone had recently got an iPad in the area. They came to a door where a dad came to the door with 8 kids in the house. The father said that he didn't know of any iPad, but would let them know if he found one. 20 minutes later, the police get a call from that dad saying he and his son are on the way to the police station. One of his kids had purchased an iPad from someone for $100. When I went to check the iPad and opened the settings, it clearly still had our winery name and e-mail listed in the settings. They told me they would be interviewing the kid after school on Tuesday (today).

This morning, I got a call from one of the detectives in town. I assumed he was calling about more leads in regards to the iPad. He said that they had a new tragic lead from early this morning. Around the same time that they had robbed us previously, two of the same people were up at a house hanging out. One of the men (I don't know exact age yet) had a pistol. At some point while he was holding it, it accidentally went off, killing the other person. The police showed up at the scene and ruled it accidental. While processing the scene, they realized the gun was stolen. They began asking questions and the man admitted that they had robbed multiple places, including a couple of homes and 'a haunted place'. They checked the video I provided and were able to identify the dead man and the other man in the robbery videos.

I'm not sure you could create a crazier plot in a reality series. Been a crazy weekend for me, but it looks like they should have all the suspects rounded up (or buried six feet under) later this week.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #283
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm speechless. That's unreal. Thanks for the story, though! Stay safe!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #284
Pyser
Pro Rookie

wow, thats crazy
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #285
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's the article on it.

Teenager dies in accidental shooting inside Northland home | fox4kc.com

The police have now identified a third possible suspect. Found out from a local student that a student (who is 18 years old) posted a snapchat video during the crime. The video is gone (unless police get his phone through a warrant which they will likely do), but the student that reported the video gave details about the location that make it clear that they were at the winery at the time.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #286
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a fun Darkness Event over the weekend. From left to right: Chris Fleming (renown psychic), Dave Schrader (Host of Darkness Radio and Guest Host of Coast to Coast AM), Bill Chappell (owner of Digital Dowsing, which creates gear for the crew of 'Ghost Adventures), and an attendee of the event.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #287
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Bill Chappell is amazing with all his cool ghost hunting gadgets!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #288
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Bill Chappell is amazing with all his cool ghost hunting gadgets!

As great as his gadgets are, he's also an extremely nice guy. I'm definitely going to have him back for some future events. All the attendees absolutely loved him.

Also, he's going to give me a couple of the SLS motion cameras at a reduced rate so our investigators can use them as part of our events. Really excited about that.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-16-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #289
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As great as his gadgets are, he's also an extremely nice guy. I'm definitely going to have him back for some future events. All the attendees absolutely loved him.

Also, he's going to give me a couple of the SLS motion cameras at a reduced rate so our investigators can use them as part of our events. Really excited about that.

Get the gadget that speaks words, that thing is my favorite. (Ovilus)
Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #290
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Get the gadget that speaks words, that thing is my favorite. (Ovilus)

We actually have an Ovilus V already! They ARE pretty cool.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #291
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We actually have an Ovilus V already! They ARE pretty cool.

I need to come up there and check it out!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #292
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Less than two months until we open our new inn and ballrooms. Here's a progress update video.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #293
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a sad first yesterday. A groom that was to be married in November at the winery passed away yesterday of cancer. They booked knowing he had cancer.

We don't refund at all on weddings, but I gave them a full refund. Just didn't seem right to keep their deposit.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #294
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Good on you, MBBF.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #295
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

You certainly did the right thing. Proud of you.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #296
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Posted this on social media today:

Quote:
So I'm sitting in a haunted orphanage (i.e. the winery) by myself working on some things. Out of nowhere, the music turns on over the building speakers. No one else is here to turn it on.

The song? "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel.

I think they're trying to tell me something.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #297
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thought I'd post some pictures. Our new event space and inn is nearing completion. For those that saw the Ghost Adventures episode, this is the same area that was vacant and dilapidated where they investigated. Quite a transformation. I'll have more pics in 3-4 weeks when we open it up.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #298
tarcone
Coordinator

When will it be available to rent? Or is it only for weddings?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #299
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
When will it be available to rent? Or is it only for weddings?

We're hoping to start online booking in 2-3 weeks. First availability should be the first week of April.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #300
PilotMan
Head Coach

MBBF isn't going to be back, but he posted this cool update from the winery:

Well, it's been three months since the Inn at Belvoir Winery opened! After tonight, we've now had three guests check out before midnight because they decided that they could not stay in the inn any longer. All of them thanked us for being gracious hosts before leaving and said that customer service was fantastic.

A few days ago, guests in room #9 came out to breakfast and mentioned to staff that they saw two identical girls in their room in the middle of the night. Later in the morning, the guests in Room #5 (did not know and hadn't talked to guests in room #9) came out of their room for breakfast. After insisting that they didn't believe in the paranormal, they admitted that they saw two identical girls in their room. After being informed that another group had seen something similar, the two groups got together and realized that they had seen the same apparitions.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote