Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #51
PilotMan
Head Coach

The latest is now that the police were dispatched as if a potential burglary were in progress, not for a simple welfare check. If that is true, it would explain them going around the house in the dark and looking in the windows without announcing themselves. Also, if that's true, it's really going to fuck this whole case over. You may get negligent homicide out of it, and you may find the dispatcher in trouble, sued, or what have you, as an accessory, or in a civil, wrongful death case.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-17-2019 at 02:18 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:27 AM   #52
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The latest is now that the police were dispatched as if a potential burglary were in progress, not for a simple welfare check. If that is true, it would explain them going around the house in the dark and looking in the windows without announcing themselves. Also, if that's true, it's really going to fuck this whole case over. You may get negligent homicide out of it, and you may find the dispatcher in trouble, sued, or what have you, as an accessory, or in a civil, wrongful death case.

There was still no announcement that law enforcement was present. Even if they were dispatched for a potential robbery, you don't get to scream 'show me your hands' and blam blam blam less than a second later.

"Police, show me your hands," and you're covered on the 'I thought it was a robbery/afraid for my life" front that gets so many acquittals.

But assuming a jury that's even remotely got it together, the details of the dispatch are going to matter less than the behavior of the police officer, which we have video evidence of.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #53
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Even IF it WAS a robbery and even IF she HAD a gun...doesnt excessive force come into play?

Surround the house and barricade in place.

I mean I know Jon supports shooting all criminals on site without regard...but most of us think thats a pretty too far standard, no?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #54
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Even IF it WAS a robbery and even IF she HAD a gun...doesnt excessive force come into play?

I mean I know Jon supports shooting all criminals on site without regard...but most of us think thats a pretty too far standard, no?

Had they been white ranchers in Oregon, they would have told them to turn themselves in when it was convenient for the ranchers. Or a white biker gang and ask them to step outside and it's ok to use their cell phones to make any necessary calls they may need to make. I really have no idea why minority communities don't trust the police...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #55
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Had they been white ranchers in Oregon, they would have told them to turn themselves in when it was convenient for the ranchers. Or a white biker gang and ask them to step outside and it's ok to use their cell phones to make any necessary calls they may need to make. I really have no idea why minority communities don't trust the police...

Ehhh...to be fair if they'd been white ranchers in Idaho they may have surrounded the place with ATF and FBI agents and labeled them terrorists...or they may have brought in a tank and torched the house...

Does racial bias play in?
Absolutely. And both sides must do a better job there to change that culture. Starting with Blue/White who must lead the change.

But to me, from what I know so far, in this case, this is more a power tripping gun loving poorly reacting cop as opposed to a white power statement.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #56
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "we found marijuana in the home" defense.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #57
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

The cop is going to claim he was responding to a burglary and that he saw a gun pointed at him. If the nephew did indeed see the victim point a gun at the window then I see how acquittal becomes a possibility.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #58
RainMaker
General Manager

I would imagine you can't just snoop around someone's house and then claim innocence when they point a gun at you. How many people here with a weapon would not have it handy if they noticed people snooping around their house in the middle of the night?

Police should have made it known who they were. You can't shoot a law abiding citizen through the window of their home. The woman did nothing wrong.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #59
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I would imagine you can't just snoop around someone's house and then claim innocence when they point a gun at you. How many people here with a weapon would not have it handy if they noticed people snooping around their house in the middle of the night?

Police should have made it known who they were. You can't shoot a law abiding citizen through the window of their home. The woman did nothing wrong.

Not saying you're wrong.

But tell me, if there's a suspected burglary should cops just knock on the front door without scoping out the situation?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #60
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Not saying you're wrong.

But tell me, if there's a suspected burglary should cops just knock on the front door without scoping out the situation?

This was a wellness check. The dude that called said he was worried because the door was ajar.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #61
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
This was a wellness check. The dude that called said he was worried because the door was ajar.

That's not what the cop heard allegedly

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-18-2019 at 09:40 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:30 AM   #62
bryce
High School Varsity

Indictment came down yesterday.
Aaron Dean indicted on murder charge in shooting of Atatiana Jefferson | wfaa.com
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote