Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #2301
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Who's thrown in extra damage on Juggernaut? I did (fruitlessly, it appears), Gambit did, the late Hawkeye did. Does that add up to 28, or are there some other added damage attacks?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #2302
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
So, for analyzing what happened on day 2, we need to pool the attackers of both Hawkeye and Mystique.

(Silver Surfer)

Agreed, but I think it is also prudent to look at those who made the diversionary attacks to Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Doom.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #2303
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just wanted to revive this in the aftermath of Hawkeye's loss.

We know now that both Mystique and Hawkeye were members of the Twelve.

That leaves Doom as the only member standing of the three.

The question now is, did the Horsemen actively use him as a distraction, or did they just push for another member of the Twelve (Hawkeye) so that all of the attention that day - and a certain lynch - was aimed at two of their targets?

If they didn't use him as a distraction and he's good, then the Horsemen were awfully aggressive there, and we ought to look hard at people who voted for Hawkeye yesterday.

If they did use him as a distraction and he's good/one of the Twelve, things get murkier for me.

If they used him as a distraction and he's bad, then that's one hell of a ballsy play.

If they *didn't* use him as a distraction, and he's a Horseman, then I owe Deadpool an apology for attacking him tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
(Captain America)

Welcome aboard, Professor. Hopefully our newfound partnership bears fruit.

I'm personally at a loss right now. There were three names that I was, in descending degrees of certainty, looking at as being part of the Apocalyptic Five. The name I was most certain of turned out to be one of the Twelve, so I'm not any longer certain about the other two, as my suspicion of them was predicated in part upon behaviors similar to those that led me to attack Mystique.

{OOC} Captain Marvel still gives me a weird vibe, but there's that whole "learned how her character is supposed to behave" thing that's throwing me off there. {/OOC}

I think Doctor Doom is okay, even with the unexplained horse thing.

Reasoning: I'm wondering if the horse has to do not with whether or not the attack was successful, but on who launched the attack.

Remember that our actions are constrained, as heroes, by the amount of energy we have. Isn't it reasonable to assume that, if nothing else, Apocalypse's Horsemen have similar restrictions?

Additionally, given that constraint, it seems entirely possible to me that the Apocalyptic Five might be constrained in terms of how many attacks they can launch in a given night, but not necessarily in terms of WHO can attack.

Therefore, Doctor Doom could well have been attacked on the first night and fended the attack off with his first Doombot, and the golden horse may be just so much sound and fury, intended only to tell us "Look, the attacker was a Horseman, not the Head Honcho himself."

I am confident in Captain Britain's loyalty, and given our collective track record so far, I am willing to believe in the excitement of his vision, the Professor simply failed to remember that discretion is the better part of valor.

Hawkeye was one of my other two early targets, but given the surprising number of attacks on him when Doctor Doom seemed to be the early target, I'm thinking along another line right now.

We know that the Horsemen know who the Twelve are. We know that early in Day 2, Doctor Doom was at risk of lynch (partly because of the tandem of Deadpool and Wolverine). Now, given that the possibility of a double lynch exists, given that we know now Mystique was one of the Twelve and that she was targeted by some of us due partly to her weakened state (and thus a likely lynch in and of herself), is it possible that the Horsemen chose to target Hawkeye as another member of the Twelve while the Doom/Mystique distraction was present?

If Doom is good, but not a member of the Twelve, I think it possible that they might have relied on our perception of his value to create that illusion - that, in fact, he may HAVE been a member - and used that as cover to strike at a second member of the Twelve, perhaps with the aim of removing two via lynch, followed by a third under cover of night.

I recognize that Hawkeye was attacked before some of us targeted Mystique late, but at the same time, some of us - including myself - had been talking about Mystique as a possibility since day 1...so I don't think there needed to be incipient violence against her for them to make that move - only the potential for it.

The REALLY fun part is if Doom IS a member of the Twelve - then they just couldn't lose with that threesome of suspects.

Thoughts?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #2304
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Who's thrown in extra damage on Juggernaut? I did (fruitlessly, it appears), Gambit did, the late Hawkeye did. Does that add up to 28, or are there some other added damage attacks?
I'm a 1-pointer myself.

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #2305
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

least you guys will get one more confirmed good-guy out of me before i die
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #2306
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

course i suppose evil could leave me alive in order to try to cast doubt on me...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #2307
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am just in shock that someone who is obviously bad such as professor X can get away without anyone even mentioning him beside me. The bad players are playing a good game, but sometimes I feel like I am the only player who is not a member of horsemen in this game.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #2308
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GE...are you kidding me?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #2309
path12
Coordinator

(Silver Surfer)

For the record (and because I don't even know if this will show up or not since it looks like Hawkeye passed away just before my attack) I had a one-point attack.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #2310
Swaggs
Coordinator

(OOC)

Hey guys, sorry that I did not perform an action. I ended up staying late at work and then forgot that we had dinnerplans.

Catching up now. I guess I should see if I am still alive before reading through ten pages.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #2311
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
GE...are you kidding me?

Let me ask you this. SackAttack said he would look into being good/bad. What did you tell him? You told him not to waste his time. Normally a player in that situation says go ahead and scan me, I have no problem with that. You, on the other hand, begged him not to "waste" one.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #2312
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

seems to me that we've given a lot of people free pass for missing a lot of actions and not contributing in this game that we wouldn't cut slack in other games.

just an observation...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #2313
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
The question now is, did the Horsemen actively use him as a distraction, or did they just push for another member of the Twelve (Hawkeye) so that all of the attention that day - and a certain lynch - was aimed at two of their targets?

(Silver Surfer)

I'm not sure if there actually was a distraction. Hawkeye was down to 25% health. For better or worse (and it turned out worse), he remained under suspicion mainly because of the thought that he had been protected by the run to Mystique the day before. I think that there was a need to find out if that theory was valid or not, and because of that Hawkeye needed to go. Based on the damage Juggernaut took, I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get two day kills, which means that there really wasn't a lot of need for distraction.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #2314
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Let me ask you this. SackAttack said he would look into being good/bad. What did you tell him? You told him not to waste his time. Normally a player in that situation says go ahead and scan me, I have no problem with that. You, on the other hand, begged him not to "waste" one.

Because he's already been vouched for by a player who was confirmed good.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #2315
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
seems to me that we've given a lot of people free pass for missing a lot of actions and not contributing in this game that we wouldn't cut slack in other games.

just an observation...
Word.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #2316
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

yeah. because enough people trust me (i think) that I am not in danger. certainly if he has the chance and i am in danger he should.

but as a team player i now that what happens to me isn't important. there's been enough controversy swirling around me all game anyways. he needs to find someone else of the 12 (if his ability works that way, we're not even sure what it was)
Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #2317
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
(Silver Surfer)

I'm not sure if there actually was a distraction. Hawkeye was down to 25% health. For better or worse (and it turned out worse), he remained under suspicion mainly because of the thought that he had been protected by the run to Mystique the day before. I think that there was a need to find out if that theory was valid or not, and because of that Hawkeye needed to go. Based on the damage Juggernaut took, I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get two day kills, which means that there really wasn't a lot of need for distraction.
So let's take a look at the early voters on Hawkeye for both days. There's gotta be a horseman in the mix somehwere. Of course I'm one of those people and not a horseman, so that theory is not infallible.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #2318
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I really think everyone needs to look at Magneto, Warpath and Spiderman.

I know those three, and they are not on the level. I would put Deadpool next on the list.

Quoted for truth
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #2319
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

typos "know" not "now"

and "we're not sure what it IS" not "we're not sure what it was"
Old 01-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #2320
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoops, you got the actions for today somewhere handy? What about yesterday? :-)
Old 01-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #2321
hoopsguy
General Manager

Final wrap-up on today's actions:

Post #2007 (1:17PM) Deadpool attacks Hawkeye (grenade)
Post #2069 (4:51PM) Wolverine attacks Doom (claws)
Post #2085 (5:02PM) Hulk attacks Wolverine (fist)
Post #2120 (5:41PM) Magneto attacks Hawkeye (magnetic pulse)
Post #2122 (5:47PM) Warpath attacks Hawkeye (knife)
Post #2124 (5:58PM) Mandarin attacks Hawkeye (ring - fire)
Post #2142 (6:27PM) Marvel attacks Hulk (energy blast)
Post #2173 (7:05PM) Gambit attacks Juggernaut (cards)
Post #2190 (7:25PM) Hawkeye attacks Juggernaut (explosive arrow, normal arrow)
Post #2198 (7:42PM) Mathemanic attacks Juggernaut (mental attack)
Post #2211 (8:11PM) Cannonball attacks Hawkeye (rocket blast)
Post #2212 (8:11PM) Surfer attacks Hawkeye (power cosmic)
Post #2214 (8:14PM) Moon Knight attacks Captain Marvel (dart)
Post #2218 (8:22PM) Spiderman attacks Hawkeye (punch)
Post #2226 (8:34PM) Venom attacks Hawkeye (special attack - sneak attack)
Post #2230 (8:40PM) Captain America attacks Deadpool (shield)
Post #2236 (8:50PM) Juggernaut attacks Hawkeye (fist)
Post #2252 (8:59PM) Daredevil attacks Juggernaut (club)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #2322
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Deadpool, Magneto and Warpath are the first three to attack Hawkeye today. Incidentally they were in the top four Gramm suggested yesterday.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #2323
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Because he's already been vouched for by a player who was confirmed good.

SPIDER-MAN

I do not know if anyone at this point can say whether anyone is good or not. The bottom line is that we are getting our asses handed to us by the wolves. Traditional thinking and vouching needs to go out the window. I know I am dead tomorrow (the sad thing is, that will put us even further behind), but I going to do the team a favor and slam Professor X before I go out.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #2324
gi
College Prospect

Interesting turn of events. Blind attacking isn't leading us anywhere. Hopefully tonight will offer a glimmer of information for us good guys.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #2325
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Deadpool, Magneto and Warpath are the first three to attack Hawkeye today. Incidentally they were in the top four Gramm suggested yesterday.

PUNY WOMAN DARE TRY TO HURT HULK?!?!?!?!

HULK THINKS HE SHOULD DEMOLISH YOU TOMORROW, EVIL LADY!!!!!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #2326
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
(captain marvel)
I wasn't about to vote for Hawkeye, and there was a lot of talk about going after hulk. I wasn't about to go for Juggernaut because there was no case. So please tell me, how will you 'deal' with my antics?

You make no sense. How can you say that there was no case against Juggernaut?

Quote:
So do i, which is exactly why I changed my mind off of voting for him. But I refuse to vote Hawkeye. That really only leaves the Hulk and the quieter players. Damn, I have to go to class ...

Attack Hulk

The "So do I" part refers to you agreeing with DD who was agreeing with what I had said about Juggernaut.

I think you have some explaining to do.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #2327
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Word.
That's my line.

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #2328
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GE is making me very suspicious. i need to know before i go to bed if there is anyone who will be willing/able to protect me from his attack tomorrow. because if not i will have to modify my night actions tonight to try to preserve my life tomorrow by saving some energy I suppose, as my physical strength likely will not stand up to a serious attack by juggernaut.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #2329
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

There was no case. It is just blind attacking.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #2330
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

The "So do I" part refers to you agreeing with DD who was agreeing with what I had said about Juggernaut.

I think you have some explaining to do.

SPIDER-MAN

You guys voted on Juggernaut right after I told you he was going to be gone. on that principal alone, I was not going to vote for him.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #2331
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

putting me into "defend myself" mode is just what evil would want...it keeps me from helping us identify more good players.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #2332
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
GE is making me very suspicious. i need to know before i go to bed if there is anyone who will be willing/able to protect me from his attack tomorrow. because if not i will have to modify my night actions tonight to try to preserve my life tomorrow by saving some energy I suppose, as my physical strength likely will not stand up to a serious attack by juggernaut.

All my energy will be depleted when I invoke my special ability on myself tonight. I may be able to offer support as one of my daylight actions.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #2333
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Carry on with your plan. I don't see how Juggernaut can get any kind of movement against you.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #2334
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You guys voted on Juggernaut right after I told you he was going to be gone. on that principal alone, I was not going to vote for him.

That's completely different than saying that there wasn't a case against him.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #2335
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Yes.

28 damage and still alive...damn he had a lot of health, as being the top damage reciever we only had to take him to 0, no?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #2336
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
putting me into "defend myself" mode is just what evil would want...it keeps me from helping us identify more good players.

Why does it matter if Juggernaut kills you tomorrow? You fully expect to be killed tonight, right? As long as you can give us at least one more name, that's what we really need.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #2337
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Carry on with your plan. I don't see how Juggernaut can get any kind of movement against you.

SPIDER-MAN

he wouldn't need much of a movement. although i guess he couldn't do me in alone.

oh well. that's all assuming i make it into tomorrow anyways.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #2338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol. look at our post times spidey :-)
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #2339
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
28 damage and still alive...damn he had a lot of health, as being the top damage reciever we only had to take him to 0, no?

Unless he didn't take all 28 points of damage. If there was a horsemen in that attack, couldn't they lower his damage? Isn't the 28 points an indication of how many points are directed his way, but not actually taken?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #2340
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
lol. look at our post times spidey :-)

You know what they say about great minds.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #2341
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Professor I really dont think you have anything to worry about during the day. You might have a couple people push against you, but nothing will stick. I would be worried about Apocolypse or his horsemen trying to take you out.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #2342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lost. What do you mean?

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #2343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Professor I really dont think you have anything to worry about during the day. You might have a couple people push against you, but nothing will stick. I would be worried about Apocolypse or his horsemen trying to take you out.

i hope so. i guess i just...panic
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #2344
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm concerned for you through tonight.

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 PM   #2345
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Unless he didn't take all 28 points of damage. If there was a horsemen in that attack, couldn't they lower his damage? Isn't the 28 points an indication of how many points are directed his way, but not actually taken?

SPIDER-MAN

I thought that was post-sabotage???
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #2346
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'm concerned for you through tonight.

DD

Im not, prof. X is as safe as could be tonight...the bodyguard has no one more important to guard tonight
Demotivation
Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #2347
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
To clarify, this is damage that they would have taken before any defenses powers come into play.

This was Tyrith's note after the first day's damage was reported. I'm assuming it still holds now. I include sabotage in defensive powers. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #2348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Im not, prof. X is as safe as could be tonight...the bodyguard has no one more important to guard tonight

interesting point blade. although...could we have killed the bodyguard without realizing it? hidden roles right?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #2349
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
This was Tyrith's note after the first day's damage was reported. I'm assuming it still holds now. I include sabotage in defensive powers. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

SPIDER-MAN

Pretty much the damage totals you get are all the damage the people that executed the attacks could have done if absolutely nothing interfered.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #2350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN
If the 28 was lowered it was by his own defensive means, unless Apocolypse can lower damage behind the scenes.