Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It's logical. Fries get cold faster than the sandwich. Plus, like a Terminator, it's just being methodical.

i'm 30 years old and i'm still a methodical eater. eat one thing first...then the next...then the next. and i don't like my food all touching (okay if it's like fries touching my burger or whatever...not okay if my corn gets all mixed-in with my mashed potatos. so basically side dishes shouldn't touch other side dishes, but side dishes can touch protein).

there are some exceptions - i'm usually not methodical about say rice or noodles as a side-dish. but things like vegetables, or mashed potatos (my fav), i largely am. unless the main protein doesn't taste good then maybe i save a bite or two for the end.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #52
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
forgot about smokers who throw their butt out their car window

FM

...or smoke right fucking outside the door to a building, and non-smokers have to navigate a smoke stack highway to get inside. Double this if there is a "no-smoking" sign in the area as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #53
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i'm 30 years old and i'm still a methodical eater. eat one thing first...then the next...then the next. and i don't like my food all touching (okay if it's like fries touching my burger or whatever...not okay if my corn gets all mixed-in with my mashed potatos. so basically side dishes shouldn't touch other side dishes, but side dishes can touch protein).

there are some exceptions - i'm usually not methodical about say rice or noodles as a side-dish. but things like vegetables, or mashed potatos (my fav), i largely am. unless the main protein doesn't taste good then maybe i save a bite or two for the end.

DT, would you happen to have some OCD going on? Joking/kidding aside, this sounds very much like others I have known that do the same types of things. Another one is making sure there clothes are folded a particular way and don't touch in the dresser drawer.

Just wondering is all.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I have to eat with the lights on. I can't run the risk of her slipping trojan ingredients into my food, or undercooking it. She put pine nuts(wtf) in rotini two weeks ago. She uses cream of mushroom soup in a casserole, even though I repeat time and time again that I f'n hate mushrooms.

Sigh. 13 years on sunday.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Atrocious Internet spelling/grammar. To wit:

Lose/Loose
You're Your
Ridiculous/Rediculous

etc etc...and if you are one of the guilty I sincerely apologize....for not smashing your keyboard to bits.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #56
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I have to eat with the lights on.

You prefer to eat in the dark?
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
Atrocious Internet spelling/grammar. To wit:

Lose/Loose
You're Your
Ridiculous/Rediculous

etc etc...and if you are one of the guilty I sincerely apologize....for not smashing your keyboard to bits.

I'v made a concertad effert to improv my speling when posting on hear and other messege boreds.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #58
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Parents who take kids to watch a rated R movie and are shocked at the content. Just because South Park is a cartoon doesn't mean it's gonna be cupcakes and ponies.. unless someone is sticking a cupcake up a pony's ass and having sex with it.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #59
JS19
College Prospect

Holding a door open or having the door held for me. Obviously, if the person is directly behind me sure, I'll hold it open... but I hate, which is why I don't do it anymore, but holding the door when the person is still a solid 10 steps or so away, it's pointless and a waste of my time. People are perfectly capable of pushing or pulling a door open themselves. On the other hand, don't hold the door open for me, I'm not gonna sit there and shuffle my way over to the door looking like a retard just bc you're holding it open for me, but then I'm the asshole for taking my sweet ass time.

Also, the whole "god bless you" deal. I'm not religious in any sense of the imagination, and I have no clue what the hell it means and its origin. But again, I'm an asshole for not saying to someone.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #60
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Holding a door open or having the door held for me. Obviously, if the person is directly behind me sure, I'll hold it open... but I hate, which is why I don't do it anymore, but holding the door when the person is still a solid 10 steps or so away, it's pointless and a waste of my time. People are perfectly capable of pushing or pulling a door open themselves. On the other hand, don't hold the door open for me, I'm not gonna sit there and shuffle my way over to the door looking like a retard just bc you're holding it open for me, but then I'm the asshole for taking my sweet ass time.

ah spoken like a true new yorker.

when i moved from nj to kansas i was shocked at the pervasive door-holding culture. people would hold the door open for others that were a good 25 feet away. and if the straggler was a women, double the distance. i on the otherhand was the typical rude nj ahole who held the door for no one and like never before felt conspicuously out of place.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #61
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Thanks for that visual: I can now no longer eat at Subway.

You don't want to see the Peter North treatment given to your sandwiches then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
pretty sure the point is that they're not sync-ed up in order to slow down traffic.

I could buy that explanation if it weren't for it being Cupertino. This is the town where people drive about 5 to 10 miles an hour slower than the posted speed limit, yet will drive through stop signs and red lights.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #62
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Parents who take kids to watch a rated R movie and are shocked at the content. Just because South Park is a cartoon doesn't mean it's gonna be cupcakes and ponies.. unless someone is sticking a cupcake up a pony's ass and having sex with it.

winner

Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #63
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
You don't want to see the Peter North treatment given to your sandwiches then.

Is that where they try to put mayo on your sandwich, it overshoots and goes on the next customers sandwich?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #64
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Is that where they try to put mayo on your sandwich, it overshoots and goes on the next customers sandwich?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #65
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'v made a concertad effert to improv my speling when posting on hear and other messege boreds.

I approve of this message.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #66
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Blatant disregard for the "10 items or less" rule at the grocery store. The other day I go to checkout in the "10 items or less" line and there are two carts in front of me with 30+ items each while I have three items. The other checkout lines have more than two carts waiting so this was still my best option. I glance into the cart of the second person in line (the first was already being rung up) without saying anything and as it happens she turns around, notices how few items I have and allows me to go ahead of her. I say thanks. But then the first woman in line turns around and says "she has a kid, you shouldn't have done that, you could have waited." First of all I didn't even ask to move up in line and secondly where does this bitch get the cheek to try and reprimand me while she is disregarding one of the most fundamental rules of grocery shopping?

Drivers of motor vehicles who slam on their breaks and stop in the middle of a 35 mph road to let people on their bicycles (who are on a dedicated path with stop signs on either side of the road) cross.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #67
Schmidty
Coordinator

I kind of own the copyright on this thread.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #68
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate people that random laugh.

As in:
Me: Can I help you find something?
Customer:Looking for a TV be haw he haw be haw

What in the fuck is funny?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #69
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Wearing socks in my bed. I have in the last year have acquired this weird quirk about people(women) wearing socks in my bed.

Women who don't take care of their feet... I can not date a woman who does not polish her nails and have her feet in good condition... I also hate big feet...
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #70
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
People who write checks at the grocery store

Serial Coupon users are worse.

I once stood behind this woman at the register who took for ever to check out. She had a bajillion coupons...and then had to argue about several of them.

Shortly thereafter as I was walking to my car she was driving in front of the store in the parking lot. I stopped tied my shoe. Stood up. Looked at her. Knelt down and tied my other shoe. Stood up, waved to her and moved on.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #71
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Student who don't give a crap at school. I can handle the worst behavior problems...I usually get them anyway, but the apathetic students really get to me.

Even worse, are the parents that are totally oblivious to the situation. They except me to fix it in the one year I have them, yet do nothing with their own child at home and are typically the reason why the child is that way.

Parents who put themselves first and their kids second. Yes, neighbor, I'm looking at you.

People who think they are funny and repeat jokes constantly when it really wasn't funny the first time.

People who are first in line at a stop light, then screw around with a cell phone and cause a 5 second delay when the green light hits. You are first, you have a responsibility...GO DAMN IT!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #72
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Work pet peeve

People who communicate everything through email. I have a few of these in my group of 10, and noticed it's the youngest of the group. So maybe it's a confidence issue, but had this last week.

Comes over to my desk around 1:30

"I don't feel well, is it OK if I head out early?"
"Nah, go ahead...anything we need to pick up before tomorrow morning?"
"No"
"Ok, just please check in with Jim (unit mgr) first...tell him I am fine with it, I just want him to know you aren't just walking out"
"OK...thanks"

2 mins later, email from this kid (he's 24), I am cc'd on-

Jim,

I'm not feeling well, and leaving early. I cleared this all thru Brian. I'll be in tomorrow. Thanks.

[The thru in a work mail is another issue too]

He had to walk past Jim's office to go from my desk back to his!!!!!!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #73
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Work pet peeve

People who communicate everything through email. I have a few of these in my group of 10, and noticed it's the youngest of the group. So maybe it's a confidence issue, but had this last week.

"No"
"Ok, just please check in with Jim (unit mgr) first...tell him I am fine with it, I just want him to know you aren't just walking out"
"OK...thanks"

Jim,

I'm not feeling well, and leaving early. I cleared this all thru Brian. I'll be in tomorrow. Thanks.

i see a valid reason for this - the email serves as documented evidence and implicit confirmation that everyone who needs to be informed has been informed.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #74
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Work pet peeve

"No"
"OK...thanks"

Jim,

I see where you're coming from. Everything nowadays seems to be email when it comes to communication in the workplace. I prefer not to use it unless I need some sort of documentation (always leaving a paper trail). What gets me are people that get snippy about a project and want to air it out thru (hah, j/k through) email. People get really nasty. Have the nads to approach a person if it's that serious and talk about it. I know some people have issues with confrontation but email is a waste of time and energy, just do the face to face.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #75
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
i see a valid reason for this - the email serves as documented evidence and implicit confirmation that everyone who needs to be informed has been informed.

Yup. We have an OOO list at work for this reason.

Another advantage to e-mail communication is you don't interrupt folks for non-time-sensitive issues, they can check e-mail when they have a break.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #76
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

A lot of items posted in this thread aren't what I consider to be pet peeves. I consider a pet peeve to be: "an annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others find it". Using that yardstick, shoppers at the express checkout with too many items doesn't qualify simply because most everyone finds that annoying. Same goes for people who cut you off, people who drive-and-cell, or drive too fast/slow.

A couple of my pet peeves:

1. Any brick-and-morter store that first demands your zip code or phone number before letting you proceed through checkout. Why the fuck do you need to know where my mail is distributed from?

2. Barber shops that first demand a hair-buzzer-length number before letting you proceed through the hair cut. I refuse to make their job that easy by telling them I'm a "4" or whatever, and refuse to store in my brain whatever number I happen to be. Further, I really don't want to have to make any decisions when getting my hair cut. I really just want to say "You're the hair expert, and I'm a dorky middle-aged married man: just look at the mop on top of my head, envision a shorter version of that hair that looks decent, and make it happen."

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 10-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #77
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Aside from the "touching my monitor to point at something" pet peeve, most of mine revolve around folks who think whatever they are doing is FAR more important than what anyone else could possibly be doing:

- The "blocking the aisle with your cart" thing already mentioned.
- The "passing you then cutting in front to slow down in the car" thing already mentioned. This is usually followed by a turn out of your lane when they had plenty of room to slide in behind you.
- Related are the folks that will miss a turn, then block traffic while they try and get an opportunity when they could just go up to the next light or turn lane (which is usually visible) and turn around there.
- Parking at the front of the store, often with the person opening their door as you try to go around them. I know we had a whole thread on this.
- Taking up multiple parking spaces with your car. Sorry, if you're so scared of dings, don't drive it, but at the least park way freakin' out back.
- Loud cellphone talking, as if I care about your conversation.
- Gum snapping for similar reasons.
- Complaining to a service person about things that you had control over, like the lady who brought her two infants on the train last weekend and was annoyed that she could not get hot water at 3AM. Plan ahead!
- Not throwing away the empty box when taking the last donut / plastic fork / whatever. The trash can is sitting RIGHT THERE even.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #78
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
..I also hate big feet...

You know what they say about big feet....

Quote:
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #79
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I have a pet peeve about cell phones. I was at the DMV here in PA last Saturday to get my drivers license. There are signs EVERYWHERE that say "please turn cell phones off". Somehow, this translates to some people as "you may talk very loudly on your cellphone and disregard everyone else around you".

I see this everywhere, including church, a movie theater, etc...it drives me crazy.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #80
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
A lot of items posted in this thread aren't what I consider to be pet peeves. I consider a pet peeve to be: "an annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others find it". Using that yardstick, shoppers at the express checkout with too many items doesn't qualify simply because most everyone finds that annoying. Same goes for people who cut you off, people who drive-and-cell, or drive too fast/slow.

1. Any brick-and-morter store that first demands your zip code or phone number before letting you proceed through checkout. Why the fuck do you need to know where my mail is distributed from?

People who lecture you about something and then turn around and do the exact same thing themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 10-10-2009 at 10:08 AM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #81
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

pretty sure you are violating your own definition of pet peeve here.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #82
JS19
College Prospect

Encountered this one last night, something i absolutely can't stand, but when a guy wears slacks and a shirt, WITH NO FREAKING BELT!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Encountered this one last night, something i absolutely can't stand, but when a guy wears slacks and a shirt, WITH NO FREAKING BELT!!!!

maybe he forgot...
Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #84
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
maybe he forgot...

Eh, don't think I can buy that one. That would be like brushing your teeth and forgetting the toothpaste.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #85
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Eh, don't think I can buy that one. That would be like brushing your teeth and forgetting the toothpaste.

I have forgotten a belt many times. But I don't often wear them to begin with.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #86
JS19
College Prospect

Now I'm curious as to how many people wear a belt on a regular basis. I think my belt issue comes from the fact that I wear a belt everyday, whether I'm in jeans, shorts, or slacks. Also, coming from the Marine Corps, I'm not gonna get in to all of the ins and outs of the uniforms, but god bless your soul if you forget your belt, it's just as important as your pants and shirt.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #87
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I never wear a belt unless I need to.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #88
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I don't understand the belt issue. I wear jeans every day at work, with a shirt (usually button down), and never a belt. I don't even own a belt (or a tie for that matter). Wouldn't wearing a belt with jeans look dorky?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #89
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I don't know what would be my biggest pet peeves - probably not having much patience for those that do ignorant or stupid things. I encounter many people that simply don't know how to drive well, and how to act consciously or respectfully of others in stores/lines/etc. But most of those were covered by others.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #90
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*People who speed up when you try to get in their lane, preventing you from getting over.

*I order a bacon cheeseburger plain and I get a burger without bacon or cheese. (Duh, I would've ordered a fucking plain burger if that's all I wanted.)

*Businesses not taking responsibility. Example: I ordered something online from Shane's Rib Shack, to be picked up on my lunch break. I get there and they hadn't even seen the order yet. I complain to the manager and he explains "oh, it's a third party company that set that system up". What the fuck does that matter? You contracted them to do it. You take responsibility for it!

*When people get pissed off at you for walking in near closing. The Walmart near me actually closes at midnight, and people are incredibly rude if I walk in at 11:55. Look, if you're open until midnight, then it means exactly that. If you don't want people walking in at 11:55, then close at 11:55.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 10-10-2009 at 01:25 PM.
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #91
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
*I order a bacon cheeseburger plain and I get a burger without bacon or cheese. (Duh, I would've ordered the fucking burger if that's all I wanted.)

Having worked in restaurants for many years I have seen this one a lot. I have come to the conclusion that "plain" means different things to different people.

In my experience it it better to say more along the lines of bacon cheeseburger with just bacon and cheese, no veggies. Something along those lines.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #92
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Having worked in restaurants for many years I have seen this one a lot. I have come to the conclusion that "plain" means different things to different people.

In my experience it it better to say more along the lines of bacon cheeseburger with just bacon and cheese, no veggies. Something along those lines.

Yeah, I do usually say this now, but it irks me that it needs to be said, that there is no common sense.

If someone just wanted a plain burger with no bacon or cheese, why would they pay more to order it as a bacon cheeseburger? They would just order a burger.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yeah, I do usually say this now, but it irks me that it needs to be said, that there is no common sense.

If someone just wanted a plain burger with no bacon or cheese, why would they pay more to order it as a bacon cheeseburger? They would just order a burger.

one would think...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #94
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I just want to back up lighthousekeeper here. I think the zip code/phone number in a checkout issue fits his definition of a pet peeve just fine. Then again, I eat paste.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #95
samifan24
Pro Starter

People that leave voicemails that say "I just had a question for you so please call me." Tell me what the question is so I know what I'm walking into!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #96
JS19
College Prospect

Totally hear ya on the voicemails... I can't stand them. A missed call is all i need; I see that, I'll call you back... no need to tell me you called and to call you back, no shit you called, my phone says "missed call". And I looking at that little voicemail icon, and going through the process of deleting the voicemail. Also, when I actually am waiting for a call and the person leaves an important, relevant voicemail, I need to delete 15 voicemails before I can get to the one I actually want/need to hear. Worst part is, my friends know how anti-voicemail I am, so they intentionally call me all day leaving voicemails.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #97
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Worst part is, my friends know how anti-voicemail I am, so they intentionally call me all day leaving voicemails.

You might want to check to make sure those are actually friends.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #98
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Totally hear ya on the voicemails... I can't stand them. A missed call is all i need; I see that, I'll call you back... no need to tell me you called and to call you back, no shit you called, my phone says "missed call". And I looking at that little voicemail icon, and going through the process of deleting the voicemail. Also, when I actually am waiting for a call and the person leaves an important, relevant voicemail, I need to delete 15 voicemails before I can get to the one I actually want/need to hear. Worst part is, my friends know how anti-voicemail I am, so they intentionally call me all day leaving voicemails.

+1 sans the friends thing, theyre in my club

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #99
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

I have finally found who I am. Thanks, for that.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #100
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I see where you're coming from. Everything nowadays seems to be email when it comes to communication in the workplace. I prefer not to use it unless I need some sort of documentation (always leaving a paper trail). What gets me are people that get snippy about a project and want to air it out thru (hah, j/k through) email. People get really nasty. Have the nads to approach a person if it's that serious and talk about it. I know some people have issues with confrontation but email is a waste of time and energy, just do the face to face.

I could understand it if it was something multiple people needed to know, I am all for an email to 5 people over a conference call!

In his case, he's done similar before (maybe my pet peeve is actually him?)

The girl who is the level between me and previously mentioned unit manager, her father died earlier this year. So, one of the days of the funeral, I cleared with the unit manager that I was going to the funeral home, and, with his permission, anyone that wanted to go with me, I'd drive. Two other girls on the team cleared it with him.

Day of the funeral, this kid goes back and forth on if he's going or not. I told him well in advance, we were leaving at 2:30. 2:15, he tells me he sent the unit manager an email, but hadn't heard back yet. I reiterate, leaving at 2:30. 2:30, the three of us going go the the elevators, walk a few mins to the parking garage, get in the car. Out of the garage, onto the street, a few blocks to get on the highway...phone rings. When I go to answer, I realize I had four missed calls, all from this kid to tell me the unit manager responded and said it was OK for him to leave, and did we leave town yet.

So Lore...er Dodgerchick nailed it. Rather than walking in and requesting to leave with us as an adult, he hid behind mail.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote