Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #1201
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I hope that it has a 'create a team' option like Motorsports Manager, but wonder if the F1 license will keep that (and other unsavory things happening to drivers from MM) out. But it sure does look good...
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:10 PM   #1202
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

It doesn't seem like this will change much. They can license the leagues, teams, and players separately. And heck, with how single-player is dead and the game is mostly about the microtransaction stuff now, they may not even need the leagues and teams at some point. Just throw all the players in the pool and let people make their own teams.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:13 PM   #1203
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I hope that it has a 'create a team' option like Motorsports Manager, but wonder if the F1 license will keep that (and other unsavory things happening to drivers from MM) out. But it sure does look good...

From everything I've read, there isn't going to be that option. Guessing it could be something added in future versions.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:08 PM   #1204
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

They have confirmed there won't be a create a team this year. Hopefully modders can find a way to fix that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:12 PM   #1205
GrantDawg

And there is a career mode. Drivers and staff can change teams, and the lower levels will run in the background. I don't know what driver scouting is going to look like.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:58 AM   #1206
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Someone has an early gameplay video up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iID4tYvaFUc
Old 06-08-2022, 06:46 AM   #1207
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Someone has an early gameplay video up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iID4tYvaFUc
That just looks so deep. It is quite impressive especially considering how good the graphics look. It will all come down to how well it actually sims. I'm also worried that it might be too deep and you can get lost in the details. The gamer said at the end that you can play an infinite number of seasons, but the creators say that is not completely true. There will be a cap, but they say it will be well beyond what a normal player will actually play. It will be more than 20, but they didn't say more. Drivers and staff will retire, and new ones will generate. The big question with that is how will the voice communication work with new drivers. My guess there won't be any voices assign to them.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #1208
Flasch186
Coordinator

day 1

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:11 AM   #1209
GrantDawg

I did find one knock on the game. You can't change teams, even if you get fired. So, no starting unemployed challenges. I'm guessing the your game just ends when you get fired. That is a bit disappointing.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:46 AM   #1210
Edward64
Head Coach

X-Com Super Hero version will be out Oct 7.

I'm not sure this is in my wheelhouse but I'll buy it anyway. Preference would have been a X-Com 3 with beefed up everything (give me moar zombies!). But I'll give this a shot.

Quote:
In Marvel’s Midnight Suns, darkness has fallen on the Marvel Universe, but our heroes aren’t going down without a fight.

As revealed today in an all-new trailer for the tactical RPG game, 2K and Marvel Entertainment’s Midnight Suns is now available for preorder on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and Epic Games Store for an October 7, 2022 release. The Nintendo Switch version of the game will be available at a later date.
https://youtu.be/WVZTsTXO3Nk

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-10-2022 at 05:48 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:12 PM   #1211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Xbox/Bethesda showcase just promised to show only games that will be playable within the next 12 months.

Damn. It's almost like they're .. learning.
Old 06-12-2022, 01:37 PM   #1212
Atocep
Coordinator

Starfield looks absolutely amazing. One of the most ambitious games ever made.

I'll stop making fun of it for now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:45 PM   #1213
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Having played FO76 and experienced the social aspect of it, I do think Starfield single-player is a mistake.

But I'll probably get it on Day 1 anyway.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:08 PM   #1214
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nice to finally see some gameplay of it:

GameSpot on Twitter: "BREAKING: Starfield finally unveils stunning gameplay at the #XboxBethesda Showcase! What are your first impressions? #SummerGameFest #SGF2022 #GameSpotSGF… https://t.co/tX5PrHDLl5"

Edit: Bethesda's Starfield official gameplay review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb2FJGvnAw

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-12-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #1215
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I should be encouraged by the fact I was able to make so many Fallout (and Skyrim) parallels during the footage.

I'm not, in part because I was distracted by the desire to see Todd's head on a pike outside the offices. And in part because I have zero faith in Bethesda after the insulting debacle of Fallout 76.

The thousand planet thing sounds nice ... until I realize that I expect it to be like Skyrim dungeons: 5 or so versions, repeated endlessly.

I'm really struggling to be more than abstractly interested because a) I have no expectations of quality and b) I really don't know that I'll ever completely get past my animosity -- no, intense hatred is more accurate -- for everyone responsible for Fuckoff 76.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:21 PM   #1216
RainMaker
General Manager

First new IP in 25 years I read. That's kind of crazy.
Old 06-12-2022, 04:58 PM   #1217
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 06-12-2022, 07:42 PM   #1218
Thomkal
Head Coach

Funny all the no man's sky groups I'm on in Facebook are all talking about Starfield now. Some are like "A 1000 planets? That's nothing" heh
Old 06-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #1219
GrantDawg

F1 Manager team did a Twitter "Space" thing. I didn't listen in, but here is a report from someone who did:
Quote:
- same game for consoles and PC.
- on consoles, the game will be only playable with a controller.
- F2 & F3 championships will not simulated and we'll not be able to follow their progression.
- No drivers academies or affiliates team.
- Newgens for both staff and drivers, some females drivers and staff will be appear too.
- When you get fired these are several options. You can start a new save, you can load your lastest save, youcanalso have the opportunity to resume your save 5 races before the dismissal or you can start the dismissal from the beginning.
- Red flags confirmed, a video will be out soon.
- we will vote for regulation and rules changes. more developpement in the future.
- possibility to change the engine supplier for the clients teams.
The fact there is no simulation of the lower division is another disappointment. An official mod on Reddit said drivers will still progress and gain lower level stats, there is just no actual simulation of the races. Things for later maybe. I have never played the Codemaster F1 game, but apparently it is the same way they do it. Probably has more to do with not wanting to pay for those lower level team licenses.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:14 PM   #1220
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I’m just getting more and more concerned that this isn’t going to focus on the things I care about. Who am I kidding I’m still going to buy, but this doesn’t sound like a super replayable customizable career sim.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #1221
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

How does the Victoria series compare to Crusader Kings? It appears they are from the same studio.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:21 PM   #1222
GrantDawg

I had some fun with Victoria. It was like a less deep EU3. I think the new version will probably be much more complex.

Edit: I should say Vicky 2. I have Vicky 1 but never played it.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-16-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:11 PM   #1223
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Honestly the only thing I can really remember about Vicky 2 is that you need to kneel to the British Empire or be destroyed.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:42 PM   #1224
21C
College Prospect

A crazy fun little game is Vampire Survivors which is a steal at $2.99. Gameplay is really simple but maddingly addictive. You will more than get your money's worth with this game.
Vampire Survivors on Steam
Old 07-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #1225
bob
College Starter

Has anyone played Partisans 1941? Looks similar to the old Commandos games, which I loved.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:44 PM   #1226
Edward64
Head Coach

Some 2023 games. It looks to be a banner year with Starfield, Baldur's Gate, Diablo 4, and Homeworld 3

2023 games: all the new games confirmed for next year | PC Gamer
Old 08-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #1227
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Some 2023 games. It looks to be a banner year with Starfield, Baldur's Gate, Diablo 4, and Homeworld 3

2023 games: all the new games confirmed for next year | PC Gamer

And unfortunately, possibly Marvels Midnight Suns, which is the game I am looking forward to most right now.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns Receives Disappointing Release Update
Old 08-14-2022, 06:11 AM   #1228
Edward64
Head Coach

Certainly respect they were there in the early days. But something tells me this won't be that successful of a game.

https://www.wired.com/2022/08/geeks-...uest-creators/
Quote:
Ken and Roberta Williams are the cofounders of Sierra Online, the company behind such classic computer games as King’s Quest, Space Quest, and Quest for Glory. Their latest project, Colossal Cave: Reimagined by Roberta Williams, is a remake of the genre-defining Colossal Cave Adventure by Will Crowther and Don Woods.

“It’s a wonderful game, and I would love to bring it back to the world,” Roberta says in Episode 523 of the Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast. “We want people to see that an older game like this can be brought back, and brought back in a beautiful way—and in a fun way—for today’s audiences.”
Old 08-14-2022, 06:13 AM   #1229
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
And unfortunately, possibly Marvels Midnight Suns, which is the game I am looking forward to most right now.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns Receives Disappointing Release Update

Yup, it was pretty late to call it off so wonder what the deal was.

I've watched some of the character gameplays and still unsure if I'd enjoyed it (e.g. is that really like X-Com?). But Firaxis has enough cred with me where I'll shell out some money to try it.

In the meantime, I'll continue to play Star Citizen betas . How can anyone continue to support that game is beyond me. They are enabling the developers to continue to be lackadaisical.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-14-2022 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:14 AM   #1230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Might not be quite the accomplishment it once was but, fwiw, we scored a pair of Series X yesterday at Gamestop. They started the day with three, put them out at 3p, sold one at 4p, we got the last two just before 8p. We figured them as early Christmas presents basically, thinking that they weren't likely to be more in stock later in the year and that they weren't likely to fall in price, so why not pull the trigger now instead.

Kid has his swapped out already, he'll do my swap Friday (as I was trying to finish up a bit of MLB The Show XP grinding overnight)
Old 08-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #1231
Edward64
Head Coach

Congrats.

Never been much of a console fan but for some strange reason, have an itch to get the PS5. Like how it looks.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:39 AM   #1232
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Might not be quite the accomplishment it once was but, fwiw, we scored a pair of Series X yesterday at Gamestop. They started the day with three, put them out at 3p, sold one at 4p, we got the last two just before 8p. We figured them as early Christmas presents basically, thinking that they weren't likely to be more in stock later in the year and that they weren't likely to fall in price, so why not pull the trigger now instead.

Kid has his swapped out already, he'll do my swap Friday (as I was trying to finish up a bit of MLB The Show XP grinding overnight)

Surprised they weren't sold out the second they hit the floor. Congrats Jon
Old 08-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #1233
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Surprised they weren't sold out the second they hit the floor. Congrats Jon

I'll be honest, I fully expected them to be gone in the 3-4 hours between him calling and confirming them and the time we got over there. And way more surprised that TWO were still available.

He's been keeping an eye out for the past couple (few?) weeks, they were still pretty scarce locally.

The really obnoxious thing I found when looking this week was "in stock, order online to reserve" stuff from multiple stores around here ... but if you put them in your cart, you only had the option to buy them on some form of payment plan that raised the cost to around $800 per. Helluva scam afaic.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:38 AM   #1234
korme
Go Reds

NBA2k23 MyNBA Courtside Report

The latest iteration of 2k is going to include options like starting in 1983 and playing out NBA history with real draft classes and franchise movement/expansion.

This feels like the closest thing to PC sims I have seen and I'm pretty excited about it.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #1235
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post

The latest iteration of 2k is going to include options like starting in 1983 and playing out NBA history with real draft classes and franchise movement/expansion.

This feels like the closest thing to PC sims I have seen and I'm pretty excited about it.

Saw this last night, certainly captured my attention. I especially like the discussion about play styles being more era-appropriate (mid-range jumpers, hand checking, etc). And the built-in changes by year but you have disapprove options is really nice.

However my expectations are tempered by the fact that, based on past historical rosters/teams, I expect over half the players on teams in those eras to be populated by fictional characters. Hell, I don't even get the sense that the draft classes will be more than half legit either.

That sort of limits my interest until proven otherwise.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:24 AM   #1236
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Sandboxing it swayed me in the firm Get camp. I can keep the Grizzlies in Vancouver and with the aesthetics of their awesome logo/uniforms

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:16 AM   #1237
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
Saw this last night, certainly captured my attention. I especially like the discussion about play styles being more era-appropriate (mid-range jumpers, hand checking, etc). And the built-in changes by year but you have disapprove options is really nice.

However my expectations are tempered by the fact that, based on past historical rosters/teams, I expect over half the players on teams in those eras to be populated by fictional characters. Hell, I don't even get the sense that the draft classes will be more than half legit either.

I was lucky enough to score a ps5 back in November. My son texted me about the new NBA2k and being able to start in 1983 last night. Sounds very cool and I'm sure I'll pull the trigger but...

I have the same reservations on players not being included. I notice in the screens Michael Cooper starting, IRL he only started 9 games. Maybe an injury in their sim or maybe the AI just likes him as the best option?
Also a quick look at '83-84 stats shows Kareem, Magic, and Wilkes starting every game they played, other than Magic being 66/67. Worthy, Rambis, Scott, even McGee approx 70% of their games were starts. Hopefully they have been able to get most players in. I guess it will be wait and see.

I like the idea of being able to start drafting from the '84 class for those that want a "what if". But I do hope they include an option to have those players automatically go to the teams they actually played for. If I complete a season and move on I'd like MJ to be a Bull etc. and not find him on a different team.

I was worried too about changes in style of play but it looks like they have that covered. Seeing the old Forum floor will be cool. But will it be in The Forum? Certainly not a gamebreaker but with all of the depth they've gone to maybe the actual old arenas too?

The most important thing I saw was they improved the WNBA mode specifically for Bill Burr.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:21 AM   #1238
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
The most important thing I saw was they improved the WNBA mode specifically for Bill Burr.

What's even the status of the WNBA in-game at this point?

Last I knew (think I knew?) was that you could play season(s) maybe but not anything like a franchise mode.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #1239
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Also my biggest concern. However, I suspect with this new mode, interest in user-created draft classes for these eras will expand. That was listed as an option as well as you being able to edit any class. I remember in 2k20, for instance, a user had created full draft classes for a couple years in the 80s - and that was with the caveat that you are importing these classes into the year 2020 or whatever and have to use a suspension of belief. With the ability to actually play the year 1986-87, for example, I suspect there will be people editing and fleshing out full draft classes.

My guess is the older the year, the least amount of real players we will have - but I'm hoping for 20~ players per class by default.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:39 AM   #1240
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
What's even the status of the WNBA in-game at this point?

Last I knew (think I knew?) was that you could play season(s) maybe but not anything like a franchise mode.

You can play a MyCareer or MyNBA (franchise mode) with the WNBA in the current version of the game
Old 08-19-2022, 11:48 AM   #1241
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can play a MyCareer or MyNBA (franchise mode) with the WNBA in the current version of the game

For reals? I did not know that.

(Not sure I'd end ever up touching it, but with the original limitations as I
(mis)remember them, there was precisely 0% chance I was ever going to touch it.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #1242
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow! NBA 2k23 sounds amazing! It sounds like a dream come true. If only Madden or someone else would do that for the NFL…
Old 08-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #1243
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Well that just pushed it even higher up my list. I'd love to steamroll the WNBA repeatedly with A'ja, Hamby, and Plum Dawg. Probably trade for Taurasi and picks, too to get all my favorites on the team

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #1244
GrantDawg

I'm thinking about a major upgrade to a system with a 3080ti. Has anyone done that, and was it worth it?
Old 08-19-2022, 04:49 PM   #1245
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I don't know if I'm ready to spend $1000 on a video card.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:27 PM   #1246
rjolley
College Starter

Very happy to see that feature in NBA2K but I may end up passing on it, at least until it has been out for awhile. The fact that the PC version is in line with the last gen consoles and doesn't get many of the new features lessens the appeal a lot. And I have no desire to buy a console just to play it.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:50 PM   #1247
GrantDawg

Nba2k22 is on Game Pass. It is possible 23 will be eventually as well. And then you would be able to stream it on pc for all the next-gen features.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:59 PM   #1248
rjolley
College Starter

For streaming with Game Pass, don't you have to have an Xbox? If not, I totally misunderstood the service and have been missing out.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:07 PM   #1249
GrantDawg

You are missing out. You can stream the next gen version of games on PC without a console. It is not all games, but that is the way I have been playing MLB. Nba 2k22 is on there as well. I haven't even tried it. Once they took the defense help they used to have in the game, I gave up trying to play it. Sad, really. I loved the game before they messed it up.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-19-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #1250
Austin90
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
For streaming with Game Pass, don't you have to have an Xbox? If not, I totally misunderstood the service and have been missing out.

Yeah, I think you can use the game pass for your PC. I'm not sure myself, however the lineup seems worth it.
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote