Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #201
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #202
kingfc22
Head Coach

Pretty sure the Dems argument has been how difficult it is to vote and how the GOP continues to enact laws to make it harder for Americans to vote.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #203
PilotMan
Head Coach

He's always talked out of both sides of his mouth. In fact, one of the biggest things that has been discussed is how can people listen to what he says and makes sense of it? It's a combination of his narcissism, love of organized crime, and business. He knows it's about him. He doesn't need to say much of anything, because people around him 'know' what he means. He doesn't need to be specific because supporters will 'read into' exactly what they want to see. That very thing is the entire basis of Q Anon. It is whatever the individual makes it. Rational people read that for what it is and what it says, and it makes no sense at all. It's full of contradictions, but someone who has spent the last 4 years, or is an enabler of his, knows exactly what he means, because it means whatever they think it means. To them. That's it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #204
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
?

A + B = C - D = E

We need a diagram from that dude who used to live in Jacksonville with those confusing boyfriend/girlfriend stories
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #205
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
?

At least we know he agrees that the election was secure and wonderful. That should put an end to the claims of voter fraud, no?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #206
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Gonna try to move all of the "Trump fights it" stuff here, save the Biden thread for Biden, and close the election thread.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #207
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Someone's wildly optimistic we're going to have a Biden Presidency

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #208
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Gonna try to move all of the "Trump fights it" stuff here, save the Biden thread for Biden, and close the election thread.

As long as no one loses posts....
Old 11-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #209
kingfc22
Head Coach

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/trum...d-too-big.html

So much winning.

Quote:
Timothy Kenny, chief judge of Wayne County Circuit Court, said those people “did not have a full understanding” of the vote counting process and their “interpretation of events is incorrect and not credible.”

In its filing in Maricopa County court, the Trump campaign, which has said that numerous voters had their ballots invalidated, said that “the tabulation of votes statewide has rendered unncessary a judicial ruling as to the presidential electors.”
Old 11-13-2020, 01:16 PM   #210
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Fortunately, as we all expected, Geraldo Rivera has played a key role in saving our democracy.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #211
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

As humans in times of stress we always revert to what we know best, in Trumps case that’s gossiping with D-list wash-ups.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So at what point does Twitter remove him? I realize it isn't going to happen, but literally every tweet is flagged.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #213
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Fortunately, as we all expected, Geraldo Rivera has played a key role in saving our democracy.

I'll give it a day before Trump tweenies this.

Also, "Committed to talking about all he accomplished" is like being committed to keep eating your favourite food. Good to know, but where is the commitment part ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #214
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am still wondering if there is a point where he admits Biden will be President (not conceding, but something like "I won, but the deep state Democrats stole it") but stays in the office until January 20th.

It feels like his play would be to simply resign and go to Mar A Lago when he stops fighting.

But several people say that he really is worried about his creditors and New York prosecutions when he's out of office, which might encourage him to stay in until the last minute.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 11-13-2020 at 01:34 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #215
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He has made it abundantly clear he isn't even going to put up the pretense that he's working.

If Pence wants to make a 2024 run this is his chance to show some real leadership.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #216
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I really don't know if this a joke or not.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #217
Ksyrup

Welcome to 2020!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #218
cuervo72
Head Coach

Eh, that just seems like he's going to try to mess with certification (not "certifiction") if he can.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #219
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure that on Inauguration Day which he won't attend, he'll throw a rally to state he's running for 2024.

I figure he'll invite as many Republican leaders as possible. He'll also be challenging Fox news with a Trump news program.

Most of those at the rally will get COVID. He'll use Trump News to spout his filth since he'll be block from most other news media sites.

I hope he goes broke from over extending himself and the legal challenges that should follow.

He'll never admit he lost. He'll constantly on his news site foment his followers to resist and destroy any means of stability until he's back in charge.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #220
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CIA director not invited to today’s intelligence briefing.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #221
Ksyrup

I want to laugh, but considering how many people take the fraud allegations seriously, this is not even funny.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I want to laugh, but considering how many people take the fraud allegations seriously, this is not even funny.

These are..something.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #223
JPhillips
General Manager

We didn't cover this in HS government class.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:25 PM   #224
cuervo72
Head Coach

It's too bad Twitter can't vary/get creative with their disclaimers.

"Official sources called this election differently"
"This is patently false"
"Yet again, this is a complete lie"
"Yeah...where to start with this one"
"Look, this is just crazy-pants bad"
Old 11-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #225
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I'm pretty sure that on Inauguration Day which he won't attend, he'll throw a rally to state he's running for 2024.
I don't know if it will be to announce his 2024 run, but it certainly seems like a solid bet that there will be some sort of "alternative" to the inauguration where he can soak in the love of his adoring cult mem....errrrr...fans.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #226
Ben E Lou

Dola...

Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #227
Ben E Lou

Did a little post moving to consolidate threads a bit. (NO ONE LOST POSTS!)

Moving forward, let's try this...

"IF TRUMP LOSES IN NOVEMBER...."--Trump's continued fight against the results of the 2020 election, the finalizing of the electoral college, etc. Discussion here should largely end when he either concedes (HA!) or Biden takes office.

"THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY..."--Obviously will be the "moving forward" thread, but I also put the most recent discussion of the Georgia Senate race in there, as it impacts the Biden Presidency tremendously.

"THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY"--If by some miracle the President decides to actually govern--rather than whine and sulk--for the next 2 months, I'd expect this thread to remain active. Yesterday's COVID presser made sense to be in here, and speaking of that....

"COVID 19 POLITICAL DISCUSSION"--Merging that entire thread into the Trump Presidency. Once Biden takes over, COVID-19 political discussion belongs in that thread. There's definitely a place for a non-political COVID-19 discussion, but given the national nature of the response, the political pieces of it fit into discussion of the Presidency.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #228
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know if it will be to announce his 2024 run, but it certainly seems like a solid bet that there will be some sort of "alternative" to the inauguration where he can soak in the love of his adoring cult mem....errrrr...fans.

That will also be an opportunity for him to see which GOP politicians should be in his crosshairs. Did they attend the inauguration a fake President Biden? Or did they come to his Make America Great Again Again rally?
Old 11-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #229
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That will also be an opportunity for him to see which GOP politicians should be in his crosshairs. Did they attend the inauguration a fake President Biden? Or did they come to his Make America Great Again Again rally?
I hadn't thought about that angle, but absolutely yes. Ugh. A litmus test that would be TERRIBLE for the country.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #230
Ben E Lou

Dola:

We'd have a rash of R politicians who need to quarantine because a relative who briefly visited them during the holidays will test positive somewhere in the January 7-19 range...
Old 11-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #231
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is sad when all you have left is Rudy as your last line of defense. Turns out trying to overthrow democracy is bad PR for these law firms.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #232
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola...

NEW - Trump has put Rudy Giuliani in charge of his campaign lawsuits related to the outcome of the election, as well as all public communications related to them https://t.co/M9QRM7DFLo
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) November 14, 2020

Does this mean we can see more awesome pressers at places like at the Ritz Carlton Pet Boarding?

SI

Old 11-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #233
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola:

We'd have a rash of R politicians who need to quarantine because a relative who briefly visited them during the holidays will test positive somewhere in the January 7-19 range...

Seems like the most politically expedient thing to do, so I'm sure they'll go down that road

SI

Old 11-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #234
spleen1015
Coordinator

I watched the Netflix documentary on the mafia this week and it featured Rudy's role in bringing down The Commission. Hard to imagine the guy who lead that effort is now Donald Trump's lap dog.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #235
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

rudys legacy is a living testament that everything Trump touches dies.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #236
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Dola...

Can't wait until they find deleted votes in Hunter Biden's laptop.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #237
Ksyrup

That's good news for everyone who expects a peaceful transition. He has screwed up any slim chance Trump had.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-14-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #238
Ben E Lou

Given that Trump has the best genes and the best health ever, I suppose "DECADES TO COME" makes perfect sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 11-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #239
Ben E Lou

Heh. He finally kinda sorta admits that Biden won, in the same way he told us that he would have admitted that HRC won.

Old 11-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #240
QuikSand
lolzcat

we are through the looking glass
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #241
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
we are through the looking glass
Y'all got to start thinkin' on a different level.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #242
QuikSand
lolzcat

like the
see
aye
ayy
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #243
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Of all the right wing shills in the world I think Jesse Waters is the one I would like to punch in the dick the most, and that is saying something.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #244
Flasch186
Coordinator

Trump's immediate launching of a 2024 campaign is truly a scary prospect for those of the populace looking to fill the hole in their hearts and minds with conspiracies. You thought Pizzagate and Wayfair were a touchstone, a somewhat normal/not super far acquaintance of mine posted, #notmypedophile on Facebook the other day.... of course within 6 months of stating how Trump, as President, is being disrespectfully treated and any President should not be.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #245
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Thinking of this solely from the perspective of GOP presidential hopefuls:

In 2016, things sort of made sense from a game theory perspective for any individual candidate

(1) You thought that there was just no way that Trump would actually win the nomination; and

(2) it made sense for you to hold your fire on Trump as long as possible b/c you wanted his supporters to turn against the other candidates and come into your camp once Trump went down

(It was sort of the opposite of the Dems all coalescing around Biden once it looked like Bernie had a shot)

So you can see how that ended up leading to Trump in a collective action failure sort of way

But now 2024 is coming. And you know that the guy can win. And you know if no one goes after him, he will get the nomination that you want. You have a lot more information than you did in 2016.

So how does it not make sense for the Rubios, Cruzes, etc. to all have a meeting where they agree to take Trump out at the knees pretty soon so that they actually have a shot at the nomination in 2024?
Old 11-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #246
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Can they actually take him out, though?

I mean, they can damage him but he can seemingly take near infinite damage.

Plus, I think we've seen they're much happier selling their soul (hah) to be by his side rather than go against him.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-15-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #247
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Trump's immediate launching of a 2024 campaign is truly a scary prospect for those of the populace looking to fill the hole in their hearts and minds with conspiracies. You thought Pizzagate and Wayfair were a touchstone, a somewhat normal/not super far acquaintance of mine posted, #notmypedophile on Facebook the other day.... of course within 6 months of stating how Trump, as President, is being disrespectfully treated and any President should not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Thinking of this solely from the perspective of GOP presidential hopefuls:

In 2016, things sort of made sense from a game theory perspective for any individual candidate

(1) You thought that there was just no way that Trump would actually win the nomination; and

(2) it made sense for you to hold your fire on Trump as long as possible b/c you wanted his supporters to turn against the other candidates and come into your camp once Trump went down

(It was sort of the opposite of the Dems all coalescing around Biden once it looked like Bernie had a shot)

So you can see how that ended up leading to Trump in a collective action failure sort of way

But now 2024 is coming. And you know that the guy can win. And you know if no one goes after him, he will get the nomination that you want. You have a lot more information than you did in 2016.

So how does it not make sense for the Rubios, Cruzes, etc. to all have a meeting where they agree to take Trump out at the knees pretty soon so that they actually have a shot at the nomination in 2024?
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right. My 2015 Rubio-ish R friends aren't going to those places...yet. But the 2015 Cruz and farther right ones most certainly are--even some who didn't vote for Trump in 2020. The latter group agrees that Trump is a scumbag, but also believes that big tech and the mainstream media want to silence conservative voices, and that's why they're heading to those places. If that large of a percentage of the right ends up getting the bulk of their political information from a completely unchecked conspiracy theory echo chamber, it's seems to me only a matter of time before it becomes impossible for a Republican politician to win a primary at any level without embracing whatever nonsense is in vogue at Parler/OANN/whatever. And we know that Trump will embrace the worst level of fact-free nonsense.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-15-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #248
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's basically a giant radicalization engine

SI

Old 11-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #249
Ben E Lou

Quote:
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right. My 2015 Rubio-ish R friends aren't going to those places...yet. But the 2015 Cruz and farther right ones most certainly are--even some who didn't vote for Trump in 2020. The latter group agrees that Trump is a scumbag, but also believes that big tech and the mainstream media want to silence conservative voices, and that's why they're heading to those places. If that large of a percentage of the right ends up getting the bulk of their political information from a completely unchecked conspiracy theory echo chamber, it's seems to me only a matter of time before it becomes impossible for a Republican politician to win a primary at any level without embracing whatever nonsense is in vogue at Parler/OANN/whatever. And we know that Trump will embrace the worst level of fact-free nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's basically a giant radicalization engine

SI
SI, why say in 6 words what can be said in 159???
Old 11-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #250
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, I am known far and wide for my brevity... oh wait

Hey, give me this one

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-15-2020 at 09:25 AM.