Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fm19 The Rise of the Poole Town Dolphins!

I hope your day is strong and amazing, in equal measure!

Let’s get this FM19 thing started, right?

Right!

When I began playing FM back when it was still CM, I had two stints with lesser lower profile clubs in the EPL – Ipswich first, and then Bolton in the same game. My fist team, Ipswich, was meant to have a strong opportunity to learn the game. I brought in Taribo West to join fellow Nigerian international Finindi George on our roster. I built a tactic and moved Matthew Holland to DMC and created a 3-1-4-2 tactic around my DMC, and finished in the top ten in three seasons. Then I restarted as Bolton and took them much higher. I had this.

Then after I had learned the systems, I dove down into lower level English football and invested a lot of time trying to bring teams like Yeovil Town, Wrexham and Carlisle up top. Each year I would take one of these teams up to the EPL and then try to build them into a team that could stay at the top. It was deep into one of my final campaigns as Carlisle when I had just finished a season where they were a few spots short of the promotion playoffs for the EPL, and I got an unusual job offer for Kaiserslautern in Germany. They were offering a large kitty, and wanted to move up. I took the job, and secured one Bundesliga win during my time there, as well as really enjoyed myself. It was fun to do something different.

Next dynasty, let’s push that idea! I remember this, and I decided to head somewhere hard and far away from England. I chose Ukraine. I took over FC Metalurh Zaporizhya in the Ukrainian top league and took them high. I built them into a Ukrainian powerhouse, along with Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar. I loved this dynasty, and I was bitten.

Over the next few years I would play in lesser leagues - Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece and such and have a lot of fun doing so. I finally decided to come home and rebuild Crewe Alexandria in England to an EPL club, and then I wanted to push my dynasty experiences. Let’s try out some top flights I hadn’t done before. I began a dynasty as Nacional da Madeira at a top flight club in Portugal, built up UD Melillia in Spain into a league winner, and then took La Liga club Athletic Bilbao to its first Champions cup win in its 6th year.

Now it’s time to return to basics and head back east. I built a club out in Romania, Sepsi OSK, into a new Eastern European powerhouse, much like Cluj. Then, during that dynasty, I took a job over at Huddersfield Town in the EPL in a post-Brexit and brought in a few of my Sepsi studs, namely the Romanian Messi Robert Lupu, and then had a strong campaign with Huddersfield in the EPL.

And that was it.

Now I want to Crewe thing thang, and come back to the UK in the turmoil of Brexit and push myself.

This dynasty was inspired by a throwaway line in a long ESPN The Magazine on what an EPL win would meant to Liverpool. That the AFC Liverpool team, a lower division one, is seeking to become the first fully fan owned professional team in England. So I looked it up, and it’s in way back in the North West Counties League. It’s in the 10th rung of the English football pyramid. That ain’t in the game. I downloaded a league option with down to 13th levels, and I created a coach! But I wasn’t feeling the quality of players there. I had an obvious route out (sign the top two or three players from the teams in that league, as most aren’t signed and are on month to month deals.) I didn’t enjoy that. So let’s pull it up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don’t know who I want to take! Here are my top choices right now…

Newport County – League 2. Welsh. I loved taking a Welsh club in Wrexham up to the top flight, and it would be fun to do so again! After Cardiff in the EPL and Swansea in Championship, Newport County are the next highest club in Wales on the English pyramid right now, in the 4th level of the pyramid. Newport is one of the 5 biggest cities in Wales at a mighty 150k. (England is another level of population entirely. Cities in the 150k range are in the 80s, 90s, in terms of population in Eng-er-land). The idea of a Newport County rise is appealing to me. However, up until now, every single Rise from England to the EPL has begun in this league at this level. Do I want to challenge myself and go deeper?

Wrexham – National League. Welsh. 5th level of the pyramid. I have never taken a team more than once. But if I want to take someone back to the top from the next level down in Wales, then why not Rise the Red Dragons again? They are the oldest team in Wales, and the third oldest team anywhere. So they have a fun, storied history. Their stadium is the home of the Welsh National team as well.

In fact, if Welsh club Merthyr Town F.C. were in the 6th level, rather than the 7th, then it would likely have been my choice.

Chester F.C. – National North, 6th level. Chester is a phoenix club formed in 2010 after Chester City went bye-bye and closed up it’s doors. Since then, Chester FC has had a Sepsi like meteoric rise up the charts, and has gone back and forth from 6th into 5 and again over the last few years, and in fact, this year will win their league and head back up to the 5th level. One of the cool things about Chester is that it’s on the border with Wales, and it’s stadium, Deva Stadium, is in Wales proper, but most of the club is in England. The area around Chester is pretty lightly populated for England, by the by.

Darlington F.C. – National North, 6th level. About 5 years ago, Darlington had some serious financial issues and was kicked out of the football league until they were resolved. A supporter’s trust stepped in to resolve the issues. Darlington is just 105k folks, near big cities like….Sunderland and Gateshead. It’s one of the lightest populated counties in England near the Scottish border. Darlington is also just a cool name for me to say. Welcome to Darlington!

Stockport County F.C.
, NL North, 6th division. Stockport County have had an interesting history. For more than 25 years, Stockport have been in the 2nd level of the pyramid. They were in the 3rd level around 40 years, and 4th around 35. After some financial difficulties around 10 years ago, they tumbled down to the 6th level, where they’ve been for a few years. Taking Stockport County up, and then to the EPL where they’ve never been, would be an interesting challenge. However, in real, in the 18-19 season, Stockport just won the NL North, so I would be taking a favorite into this dynasty for that specific division. That may not be the biggest issue, I just wanted to let you know. In fact there was a time I thought this was going to be Stockport County dynasty for sure, and named it “The Fall and Rise of Stockport County”. But then others came up too!

Northampton Town F.C
. – League 2, 4th level. Another fun rise of a team from a city that really gets no respect. Welcome to Northampton!

Poole Town F.C. – National South, 6th level. It is in Poole, which is in farflung Dorset County. It’s a seaside town of around 150k. It also offers a 6th level challenge.

Do I want to take on a team that just got relegated this year, and try to take it up instead?

Those included Ashton United, Nuneaton Borough, Weston-super-Mare, Truro City, and East Thurrock United. What about one of those? Could I take on a WSM challenge? They’ve never been relegated, so let’s keep them from doing that now? Hmm… that’s not a bad idea either. Let’s add them as one of my finalists as well.

Here are my 8 finalists – Stockport County, Weston-Super-Mare, Wrexham, Newport County, Chester, Darlington, Northampton Town, Poole Town,

Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Over the years I think I've managed around half of these (poorly, but still).

For the sake of my own variety, I'll say Poole Town, largely on the basis of it being the one team in the list that I don't think I've ever heard of.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Over the years I think I've managed around half of these (poorly, but still).

For the sake of my own variety, I'll say Poole Town, largely on the basis of it being the one team in the list that I don't think I've ever heard of.

That's awesome! Let's leave it in for sure in a moment!

Poole:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmmmm…

Let’s pull Northampton first. I have the least loyalty to them, and if I am going to take league 2 club, it’ll be Newport County, not them. Ditto Darlington.

6 left.

All of the other 6 have something different and fun. Never been relegated! Brand new team who’s fast rise up the charts was stopped! Get the big(er) name back up! Get a Welsh club up top!

Let’s pull Wrexham. I’ve done them once. Although I do like them, their name, their crests, their logo, etc,

That leaves these five; here’s let’s look at their logos:

The Newport County Exiles; the Poole Town Dolphins; the Weston-super-Mare Seagulls; the Chester City Seals, and the Stockport County Hatters.

Chester? Sorry. Time to head home. You are my fifth least favorite of those logos and names. You don’t even look like a Seal!

I love the idea of a WSM challenge to take the reigns for them and to stop their relegation. But the Seagulls? And that logo? That just doesn’t pop to me. However you do have something here that relates to me better:

Here is how I rate these four dynasties in terms of difficulty –

1. Newport – easiest
2. Stockport – next easiest
3. Poole Town – 2nd hardest
4. WSM – Hardest

WSM is probably the hardest English challenge without using a mod. It came in last in the lowest level of the pyramid that’s available. If I can take them? And move them up? Even getting them to the FA stuff at 2nd league is something. And that challenge? That’s not nothing.

Who sells me? Newport out in Wales? Stockport’s head back up the charts? Poole Town and it’s fun seaside charm? WSM?

If I can stand to look at that tired logo for the next few weeks, then that's a fun challenge; and it wouldn't have been one of my early favorites either. And it has a cool name!

So here, let’s make it easy. I am going to load up FM19. And if I can stand the logo and can work with it there? Then let’s grab the underdog and hardest current English challenge without a mod and then move on.

Yuck. Sorry WSM!

I am clearly not a Seagull.

And that leaves three...

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who am I going to be?

Find out!!!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

FWIW, I'm also on the Poole Town train because seaside city.

So that's 2 votes for PT.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #8
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yay for Poole Town. Crazy to have a video for it, but that was pretty awesome as well.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Glad you like it!

Old 05-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Brexit 2018 Update – The Old Firm Compromise

Hello viewers and welcome back! As you know, we have some massive breaking news out of Scotland and England regarding Brexit. As you recall, things were very contentious after the Brexit vote when people from Scotland voted heavily in favor of remaining in the EU. Independence movements have risen since. In order to quell the rising tide of independence, an agreement that had been quietly hammered behind the scenes was made, and it took months to work out the details, but here it is!

In order to help keep the UK together, the two Scottish teams referred to as the Old Firm from Glasgow – Celtic and Rangers, have been moved to the English Premier League. There have been a number of times when this has been proposed, and as recently as 2014, they considered it. Given the current political crisis, bringing everyone together on the pitch is seen as a sign of unity.

Therefore, the following football changes have been made:

1. In Scotland, the Rangers and Celtic are moved to the EPL.
2. In Scotland, Ross County and Dundee are brought up to the SPL. Arbroath and Forfar Athletic will replace them and move up.
3. In England, the following teams are relegated down;
a. EPL – Huddersfield and Fulham
b. Championship – Rotherham and Ipswich
c. 1st League – Bradford City and Scunthorpe
d. 2nd League – Notts County and Yeovil Town
e. National Premier – Maidstone United and Braintree
f. National South/North – Truro and Nuneaton Borough

In all cases, those moved up in Scotland were expected to win their division, and down that relegated were expected to lose.

The resulting changes are going to modify football in the UK forever!

Old 05-10-2019, 11:08 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Its 1987, and Abdullah El Haddad had just left his home in Marrakesh Morocco for his big break in the K League 1 in South Korea for Jeju United. Like many players, he wound up heading east for leagues and teams he had never heard of after being offered more than twice as much as many others make. Or that he was expecting it for his first professional deal. At the young age of 19, he had been capped at the U19 level for Morocco, and now the former youth international was heading on a rotation deal. Abdullah would remain in Korea for 11 years, and moved from Jeju, then Ponhang after four years. Then, despite his versatile ability to play a lot of roles and positions on the pitch, he was not retained. He was capped 12 times by Morocco’s senior club. A minor club in Indonesia made let him know they were interested, but instead, he returned home.

While in Korea, Abdullah married Chan-Ri, a local Korean woman. They had already had two children, a boy named Ibrahim El Haddad who was 8, and a girl named Adilah el Haddad who was 5, another girl at the age of 4 who was named Imane El Haddad, with another child on the way. The money that Abdullah had moved to South Korea for, wasn’t enough for a family of six. (Eventually seven). They took a job in England at Bournemouth, at a local football club AFC Bournemouth, in 1998, when Bournemouth were getting mid-table finishes in what was then the 2nd League (Now known as the League One) in the 3rd stage of the football pyramid. Abdullah joined as a coach for the reserve team, and then after Mel Machin had a strong ‘98-‘99 as the manager and finished 7th he promoted Abdullah to a head coach of the senior team, specifically tactics, where Abdullah was the strongest as a player.

Abdullah survived the purge of Mel Machin after the team fell to 16th the next year, and remained as a staff member for them in different ways and methods for years until 2008, when the team was put into administration, and many of the staff left. By that time, Abdullah was connected enough to survive, and moved to other coaching roles in the area, where he still remains today.

His son, Ibrahim El Haddad, of Moroccan and Korean lineage, takes after his father in many ways. He loves the game, can speak English, but is Moroccan and South Korean, was capped by the U19 Moroccan international team who often brings in foreign children of immigrants to its national side, before being capped 23 times. Ibrahim came up naturally in Bournemouth’s youth club, and then played for their youth team naturally. In 2006, he was signed and became a member of their team, and in 2011, after some loans to lower level clubs, he got some first team substitutions and starts. After Bournemouth dropped to an unfortunate #11, the manager was dropped, and a new one was brought in for the 12-13 season. Could Ibrahim be a part of that? After a poor start to the season, the manager was sacked, and Howe was brought in. In order to bring in fresh blood, Ibrahim got an extended run of 5 starts, but while he never disappointed or embarrassed, he also never caught on either. While the team was rocketing up the charts under the new manager, Ibrahim was sold in the January window to fellow League One team Wycombe, who were looking for help against was appearing as a relegation battle. It was. Ibrahim was played, and his form neither rose to the point he helped recuse their fortunes, or fell, and embarrassed himself. He was always a professional, strongest when used in a tactical role. They were relegated to League 2.

Wycombe was in the midst of it’s own financial issues, and the supporters were looking at buying it, so many players were released on a free, as was Ibrahim. Just one team was interested in bringing him in – Poole Town. They had just won promotion from the Southern League Premier Division and were looking to stock up on players. As the city of Poole is next to Bournemouth, Poole Town AFC was familiar with him from the area, football, Bournemouth, and his father’s reputation as a good tactics coach. Ibrahim joined Poole Town at the age of 23. He has never left.

Ibrahim was a much better player for Poole Town, in part due to the level of competition, and he was just on a part time contract. Two years later, he signed a player/coach deal so he could take on a full time contract. Then, shortly thereafter, he was injured with a six-month broken foot. During his time, his understanding of football grew, and he qualified for 2 coaching licenses in just a half year when they normally take twice as long.

With his mind on coaching more and more, he moved more into that role, and his playing role decreased. He was not the same player after returning from his injury, and slowly, both Poole Town and Ibrahim realized that he was more of a coach. 15 months ago, El Haddad was named as the Assistant Manager of last Poole Town. Poole Town have never been at this level before, and were very competitively early on, and got promoted to the big leagues. Then last year, the new manager, was deep in the relegation zone with 6 games to go, and was let go, and El Haddad was named the caretaker manager, but he notched a surprising 3 wins in those 6 games, when they only had 7 wins in the first 40.They narrowly avoided relegation. Therefore, Poole Town has removed the caretaker title, and granted Ibrahim El Haddad his first football manager role.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ibrahim El Haddad, 29, Morocco, South Korea, 23 caps, 2 goals.

Enjoy!

(This ID is a throwback to my UD Melilla dynasty set in the Moroccan city of Melilla, which is Spanish. I took it to the Champions Cup from Spain and won! We also brought in multiple strong South Korean players to make our team work. Thus the South Korea and Morocco combo)

Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Poole!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of Poole's beaches has won the European Blue Flag more than 30 years in a row, btw.

It's the Sandbanks Beach

Old 05-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Other major tourist-y things in Poole include:

Compton Acres:

Poole Harbor

Upton Country Park

Corfe Barrows Nature Park

The Splashdown WaterPark

The Jurassic Coast

The New Forest National Park

Farmer Palmer's Farm Park

Pier Approach

Which includes the Ferris wheel known as Poole's Big Wheel!

Poole Quay

Poole Stadium

BTW - Poole Town FC played at the Poole Stadium for more than 60 years! It hosted the 2004 Motorcycle Speedway World Cup, won by Sweden.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Poole Town FC:

Poole Town, Semi-Pro, 2500 Stadium at Tatnam Ground (we rent Tatnam Ground), Founded 1890, this is the highest it’s ever been, okay finances, expected at 22nd, poor training and youth facilities, no philosophies

Tatnam Ground:

At a Match:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Did you know:

That Poole is one of the largest towns in the UK without a professional football team?

Old 05-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hand my AssMan friendlies.

Wage – Budget - 4169/week, 2772 current

I have just one AssMan and one coach, so I set up an advertisement for more staff

Because of how complex the new training system is, for now, I am handing that off.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My AssMan suggests that I ask for an updated training facility. I do not, I just arrived.

What tactics do I want?

I need some good tactics to punch my foes.

Here’s what they have:

7x 4-1-4-1
12x 4-4-2
2x 4-2-3-1
1x 5-2-1-2

As you can see, we have a number of 4-4-2s and 4-1-4-1s. Anything that stands out?

4-1-2-2-1? 4-2-3-1? Let’s try 4-2-3-1 with a Control Possession mindset.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Goals for Poole Town –

1. Steer clear of relegation this season. Last season we barely avoided it. We cannot keep that going.
2. Get to a place where we can win this division. Out of a division of 22, only two get out each year. The only guaranteed spot is winning, and then a playoff for the next spot, which I can’t aim for.
3. Compete in the next level in the Conference Premier league. Stay up.
4. Create the financial wherewithal needed to become a pro team.
5. Advance to League 2 and give Poole their first FA league and pro football team, and something to add to the tourism of the city.
6. Ideally? Repeat. Stay up. Promote, stay, etc.

But I can’t do it with these guys; here’s my current squad:

They are not...good.

I need to target some better players – starting with a new GK. I also need to upgrade my DC, and right FB, and maybe AML.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, I do have some good news. We are considered to have the best scouts at our level. That should help bring some balance to the force as we should have a decent chance at finding replacements.

Now, just to show you my team a little, here are my five best players!

Corby Moore is, by far, my best player!

Now Moore is not just good, but he’s good for this level as well, so he’s someone I can rely on. Here’s, let’s look:

I take a look at the quality difference in players from my squad to the squad that won the league this year – Torquay. Every single Torquay player is better than mine!

But not that much.

For example, how about we look at the number of pertinent stats at 10 or more for Liam Davis over at Torquay.

Davis:

12 – Agi, Flair, OTB
11 – Cross, Acc, Pace, Teamwork, Balance,
10 – Drib, Pen Take, Techni, Jump, Work Rate, Anticipation

Now here is one of my best players at the same position – Corby Moore:

Moore:

12 – Aggression
11 – Pass, Dribb, Acc, Pace,
10 – Corners, Techni, Work Rate, OTB, Concentration, Agi, Stamina

Now sure, Davis is better overall. He has two more 12s, and 14 total 10+ stats, where as Moore has 12 total, but often lower. His guy is better. But it’s not a blow-out. I need to focus on bringing in new talent that will work for Poole Town.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next?

Here is Marvin Brooks, note the lack of any technical stats in the double digits.

Here’s Luke Roberts…as you can see, he’s isn’t that good either.

4th best?

At least Will has a decent heading, mark, tack, and pass, so he’s not bad technically. I didn’t think that I’ll move from Will Spetch anytime soon. Now he isn’t a fullback, he’s better at a DC.

#5 is Bedford

Old 05-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6-10 in order.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So now what?

I make offers to:

GK Andrew Thomas

DC Jayden Corbridge

DR Elliot Kebbie

AMR Jordan Elliot

These four are among the best available on frees right now

I am also scouting tons of folks too. Maybe I can find a diamond in the rough! Maybe Akeel Francis at ST? I make him an offer as well. Charlie Ball? Doesn’t think we can send him enough cash, although he would at least return our call. On the other hand, former youth for Fulham, Yazid Khanay is willing to come here, so I make him an offer.

I also offer to two youther unsigned GKs as well. I need backups too.

What about loanees? At this stage I am very, very happy to do anything I can to stay out of the relegation fight, including developing another team’s players! I scout a few potential loanees as well.

Are we ready to hit that continue button? I think so!

Let’s move this game forward

Old 05-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A day passes, my 1st presser is here.

On the 27th, Elliot joins us

Here’s my first signing!

This is Jordan Elliot. As you can see, he’s good on the wings, with solid pass/cross/1st touch/tech and he’s very fast. Very fast. Now he needs time to grow, but he has the chance too.

Here are his reports, in case you care:

As you can see, he’s one footed, selfish, and peripheral, and his biggest issue is that he won’t throw himself in there. But….you can see the various pros he has. Not bad, right?

I sign youther GK Jack Collins for depth

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-11-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kebbie joins me, after I up his deal as Eastbridge also made him an offer:

Kebbie is my best new player I’m bringing to the squad:

Here’s Kebbie!

Kebbie is on the level of a strong player for this level, and he can lock in my DR spot for me all day long.

Welcome to July!

I sign a GK Coach named Hesp.

A few folks have come free and are now interested in us. I make some offers.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On the 3rd, GK Thomas arrives

He’s not great. But he was the best we could bring in off the free agency scrap heap, and he’s a definite upgrade.

Corbridge and backups GK Stedman and GK Beardmore arrive as well!

Welcome Jayden!

I now have 4 GKs that could, in a pinch, be pressed for service I move GK Collins to my U23 squad. He’s the least developed of my lot, but Beardmore, Steadman, and Thomas are all around the same ability. My coaches rate Steadman at 2.5 stars, so we’ll start him early to see what’s what. He’s my best Aerial and ball handler and distribution person, but his 1:1s, reflexes, 1st touch, and such aren’t as good as the other two.

Here you go!

Old 05-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Score!

My best prospect, someone who just came free, joined us:

Kitching could be my best acquisition. But not for now.

DMC Kitching Is young at 16, and isn’t that great, right? But where he is good is that he has a strong, high potential.

Here’s probably my last signing you likely just read about

He’s really just here for depth and fun times

Old 05-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Right now, here is my Starting XI

GK Stedman

DC Corbridge, Whisken

DR Kebbie
DL Spetch

MC Bedford, Moore

AM - R, L, C, in order – Elliot, Devlin, Brooks,
ST Balmer

I could also see myself with Roberts at ST in lieu of Balmer.

Any stud loanees that came available?

As of right now, I have 3917 of 4064 in my budget spent, so I have a little room for stuff, but I’d prefer a strong loanee right now if possible. Nope. No one. Ah well.

I make an offer for a Fitness Coach.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am spending time talking about folks with good training or bad, to motivate them to keep up or turn it around, as the case may indicate.

Here’s an example of the new training in practice – this is my weekly review I get sent in.

Our first friendly vs Portland United arrives! We win 4-2, MOM was ST Olly Balmer with 2 goals. Elliot had a minor 1 day injury.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I sign Dale McFerran as my new fitness coach

I offer English stud Paul Robinson my U23 manager position

I am attending the English Trial Day on July 13th.

We sign Robinson and a Spanish scout

I go to the board and get permission to add another coach

I make offers for a few youthers from the Trial Day.

We defeat Yeovil Town n a Friendly 2-1. MOM is Elliot, and goals by Balmer and Roberts.

I bring in a Ghanian player named Cliff Akurang as my new coach.

I name Corbridge my Vice captain after I keep Whisken as my captain

I sign a few youth and send them to my U23 squad.

Our U23 team thumps another 7-0.

Our third friendly is ours 1-0 against Nottingham Forest U23 squad. Balmer with a goal, Devlin with the MOM

Old 05-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My board agrees to fund the license classes for two of my coaches

We are 20-1 odds to win and 3-1 that we are going down.

Our 4th friendly against Dorchester Town is here. DC Will Spetch heads out with a Red in the 3rd and it’s a 0-0 tie.

Welcome to August!

Bromley Town are here for their Friendly. We tie 1-1, score by Balmer.

My final friendly is here. We have Brockhenhurst.

We hammer them 3-1 MOM is Elliots, goals by Balmer, Devlin, and Bedford.

Now we finished 4-0-2 with no losses in our friendlies. These includes one team from the 7th level whom we just faced, 2 teams on our level, two teams above us in the 5th, and then the U23 club of a team in the Championship. I consider that to be a good boon for success!

We begin the season with a rough Torquay game! (We started this season 0-4 in this game against Torquay. Can we change that?)

Old 05-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Luckily, we host them!

Ready?

It’s time!

I am not normally going to do this detailed of a result, but as it is my first match, why the hell not?

We score in the 21st as Brooks feeds Whisken in the box for goal off a free kick set piece. We’ve been the better team thus far – 6 shots, 3 on target, 61% of possession. Spetch and Brooks have cards in the 1st.

Brooks with a lethal pass that sets up Moore for a goal 12 minutes later. They claw one back on a counter in the 41st. In the 43rd, they get a 2nd yellow, and get a red card. I pull my two cards in Brooks and Spetch. I send in Pettefer for Spetch and move Moore to the DL spot. SMeeton for Brooks.

Half

Our foes keep collecting cards, we do not. In the 75th they get another double yellow. I send in Kitching. Elliot with a card. They get another red. Smeeton with a card. We win 2-1. MOM is Corby Moore.

The Card Game!

Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 2 – Away vs Hungerford – I retain my lineup. Our foes lost, and are predicted to be 21st, right behind us. We have a chance to get another result after our surprising one against Torquay. We have some early initiative and shots, but their GK is up to the challenge until the 11th when Balmer sinks the ball from an in the box assist by Devlin. One of their middles has to be subbed out to to injury. Half. We are up 1-0. In the 49th, Kebbie feeds Devlin for goal and that should be our cushion. I send in Smeeton and Roberts. In the 68th, they get a red card, the first card of the game for either side. I send in Yazid Kaikey for Moore. We hold and win 2-0. MOM is Kebbie.

Clean sheet? Yeah!

Game 3 – Away vs Weston-Super-Mere – As you may recall, WSM Came in dead last during the year we are currently simming, so this is a doable result. I make no changes to my roster. In the 23rd, they score off a nasty longshot that rebounds off the bar. Then in the 41st, Balmer pounces on a loose ball for goal. Half. I send in DC Walker for a carded Corbridge, and then DR Kebbie is pulled for Smeeton for the same reason. In the 69th, Spetch to Devlin for goal, and we break the tie. I send in Kitching at the MC spot, and he finds Balmer for an attack run in the 83rd for goal. We win 3-1, MOM is Balmer with two goals.

Good job all!

I give Marshall a pro-contract part time after he turns 17.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Devlin was named in the Team of the Week.

Game 4 – Home vs Slough Town, currently 21st. No changes. Pick up where you left off! Slough scores on the 13th. Our corner score in the 15th is waived offsides. Elliot booked. Another goal by us waived offside in the 21st. 13 minutes later, they score, and we have a few cards at the half, down 0-2. I tell my lads, in no uncertain terms to show me something else. In the 51st, Devlin grabs a goal, and it’s 1-2. I send in Roberts for an underperforming Balmer at ST and a card-ed Spetch for Smeeton. In the 63rd, They score again to make it 1-3. Then over the next two minute, we score twice, including a 69th minute goal by Roberts, and we have it locked 3-3.

Now, can we get that 4th goal? I still have two cards that I want to pull as well.

In the 70th?

We have scored 3 goals in 7 minutes! Kitching for Bedford. In the 84th, Moore gets another yellow and is red-ed. Can we hold? Yes, we do! 4-3!

Old 05-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #36
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you get fired, does that mean everyone's out of the Poole?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Moore is banned for our next match vs St. Albans

Game 5 – Away vs St. Albans, currently 19th in the league. Keep up our run! I start Smeeton for Moore. We have a slooow, boring game. 0-0 at the half. Show something else. I send in Roberts for Balmer, and he scores in the 69th off a cross from Elliot. I send in Kitching for Smeeton. Walker too. St. Albans pushes hard. They get off multiple shots and offensives. We hold and win 1-0.

Nicely done!

I think we’re doing well because we got lucky with Torquay and then that set us up for four wins with not-good teams. Here are the current ratings of our non-Torquay victims. Plus Torquay is up to 5th, btw.:

10th
19th
21st
22nd

Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
If you get fired, does that mean everyone's out of the Poole?

I suppose that it would meant that!

Old 05-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

September

Sept 1 - Home vs Concord
Sept 8 – Away vs Hampton
Sept 11 – Home vs Billericay
Sept 15 – Away vs Woking
Sept 22 – FA Cup Round #2
Sept 25 – Home vs Dartford
Sept 29 – Away vs Hemel Hempstead

These teams include 8th, 9th, 19th, 4th, 7th, 11th.

Ibrahim El Haddad wins Manager of the Month with 15 points in 5 games.

Game #6 – Home vs Concord – Keep up our run! Moore is back at the starting spot. Multiple offensive turned aside by our GKs. 38th, Concord scores off a throw in deep by the goal. Half. Roberts for Balmer. They grab another goal in the 81st after I send in Dickson and Kaikay. We lose 2-0. We were never really in this game.

Back down to normality

Old 05-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game #7 - Away vs Hampton – I start Roberts at ST today. Early, they score in the 9th minute, and then in the 17th, Roberts fires, it’s blocked by their GK, and he fires again after hitting the rebound for goal. In the 42nd, they hit a counter, half, we are down 2-1, but we are ahead statistically. I pull an underperforming Elliot on the right Wing for Dickson. In the 71st, Dickson is found by Brooks for goal to tie it up! Then in the 75th, Roberts again finds goal after Spetch feeds him a cross, and we are up by one just like that. I send in DC Walker. Brooks with the game’s lone card. I pull him for Yazid K. Can we hold? We score in the 91st, MC Jez Bedford to Devlin for goal. That’s going to be too hard to survive. We win 4-2. MOM is Roberts. Good comeback win!

Back up to high flyers? I wasn’t expecting that one, although our 4-2-3-1 is typically strong against their 4-4-2.

We draw Merstham in the Cup.

Four of my players are in Team of the Week – Bedford, Roberts, Stedman, Dickson

Game #8 – Home vs Billericay - I leave in Roberts as the hot leg right now fresh off two goals. Keep up our run! In the 18th, Elliot to Devlin for goal. Quiet half. In the 68h, Roberts breaks through the defenses and hits goal. I sub Walker and Kitching. They score off asset piece in the 82nd. In heads Dickson. We win 2-1. MOM is Roberts again.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game #9 – Away vs Woking. This is likely to be one of our toughest matched coming. I leave in Roberts fresh off two MOMs as my hot leg. Boring first half. We dominated possession 72%, but only had 5 shots, 3 on target to their 3 and 0. I send in Dickson, Pettefer. They score in the 79th. I send in Balmer for a tired Brooks. We lose 1-0.

Uh oh?

I had this happen in Sepsi, and my new owner was with serious oil money and loads of demands. No thanks! I want my Poole Town off the beaten path, and to have EARNED it!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FA Cup vs Mertham – For today’s matchup, I am starting Dickson, Balmer, Walker, and Kitching. Quiet-ish, first half, with cards for Balmer and Kitching. We led with 54% possession and 5 shots, 2 on target to their 6 and 0. In the early part on the next half, I pull Kitching for Smeeton as I don’t want to have the double yellow happen. In the 55th, Balmer gets another yellow, and I send in Roberts for Brooks, and then, later, a youther DC named Josh Leslie-Smith out at DL. Then in the 79th, Moore sinks a free kick, and we are ahead, and we hold and win 1-0. MOM is Moore.

I massage my starters and put Roberts back in at ST.

Game #10 – Home vs Dartford, currently 17th. Moore fires off a goal in the 3rd minute of the game. It had been cleared to him. Then on a nasty cross, Devlin feeds Roberts a goal in the 8th. In the 34th, Brooks feeds Roberts for a goal. At the half, we lead 3-0. But statistically we are even. Both with 4 shots on target, they are out of 5, we out of 6, just 54% of possession. We’ve just sunk the ball. At the 45:24 mark, Roberts gets his hattrick as Elliot finds him for goal. Again. At the 55 mark, Kebbie gets a red card. I make some changes and pull back. I send in Dickson and Leslie-Smith. Kitching later for a tired Moore. We hold and win 4-0, MOM is, obviously, Roberts.

Obviously, Roberts has earned his starting job for a while.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We draw Tonbridge in the FA Cup.

I offer a few trials to folks still free to bring them in and kick the tires.

Here’s one I was considering signing to be my ST earlier this month before Roberts owned the position.

You can see Hussein Mohammed there. Another is Finlay Wood, a 19 year old Welsh Middie for my left spot, but Wood is actually start-able, but my scouts say he’s fully developed, and he’s not strong technically, just in other places mentally and physically. Compare Mohammed to Roberts?

Or to Balmer? Mohammed has a better set of technical attributes, while Roberts is a little better physically (I’d call Balmer and Moh washes), and I’d consider Mohammed better mentally, whereas Balmer isn’t in the conversation mentally. I consider Mohammed a slightly better option.

Game #11 – Away vs Hemel Hempstead – I start Walker for Kebbie. Keep up our momentum! In the 19th, a foul in the box by Spetch, who also grabs a card. They make the PK. Around 8 minutes later, they sink a DFK for goal. Card to Bedfod. Then, in the 41st, Elliot feeds Roberts for goal and we climb one back. Half, we are down 2-1. I sub in Kitching and Yazid K for my yellowed duo. Moore feeds Roberts in the 64th, and we tied it. Devlin and Walker grabs cards. I send in Leslie-Smith for Walker. In the 78th, Hemel score and pull ahead. Do we have any late game magic to tie it? We almost do in the 88th. Nope. We almost had as many shots on target (12) as they had total (14) but we lost 3-2.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October

Oct 6 – Away vs Tonbridge, FA Cup
Oct 9 – Home vs Hamlet
Oct 13 – Home vs Bath
Oct 20 – Away vs Oxford
Oct 23 – Away vs Eastbourne
Oct 27 – Home vs Gloucester City

This list includes the 9th, 5th, 10th, 11th, and 18th teams, in that order.

Luke Roberts won the Player of the Month! I congratulate him

FA Cup Round 3, Tonbridge – I make my FA Cup changes. Brooks with a goal in the 6th off an IFK. Red card to Moore in the 10th. They hit an equalizer in the 28th. Half. I send in various subs, but they score again in the 79th. I have subbed anyone that could have gotten another yellow as soon as they get one. I also used bigger name subs who would normally start. Can we get that final score? We’ve both had 21 shots, they have 10 on target to our 8. Nope. We lose 1-2 and are out of the FA Cup.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That’s Moore’s 2nd Red Card. I issue him a warning.

Game #12 vs Hamlet – I start Smeeton for Moore as he is suspended for today’s game, and I have my normal starters back. Brooks to Elliot for goal in the 28th. 1-0 at the half. Don’t get complacent out there! Yazid for a carded Smeeton. They score an equalizer in the 63rd. Balmer heads in. In the 71st, Devlin sinks a PK after they foul us in the box. Here they come. They are bringing the heat. Leslie-Smith for Corbridge at DC. They get a 30+ yard long strike to sink in ET and then tie it 2-2. They had 19 shots to our 4, and 58% possession. MOM is Elliot.

The league right now. As you can see, Torquay have shown their quality. We are, barely, in front, with our initial pace falling. I am not expecting it to remain, obviously. But there you are! We just tied Dulwich Hamlet.

But now, we have a rough match….

Old 05-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I link up Pettefer and Kitching for a mentorship relationship.

Game #13 – Home vs Bath – If I can steal a win today like I did against Torquay? I’d be so in. Wow! That was such an un-Wow half. 0-0, 3 shots to 2. Etc. Pettefer for a carded Bedford. Walker for a carded Spetch. Kitching for play experience. In the 85th, off an IFK, Devlin feeds DC Whisken’s head for goal! Can we hold? Yes! MOM is Whisken.

Our Oxford match was moved for their Cup game.

Injury Note:

We get these every so often, and as you can see, clean bill o’ health

This is not uncommon in my weekly training review report. Kitching is blowing folks out.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game #14 – Away vs Eastbourne Borough – Our foes rose to 7th. It’s driving rain. Tense half with many opportunities happening or being snuffed out. Half. They have 4 shots, none on target as we’ve snuffed out theirs, and we have 5 and 3. We have 72% possession. We’ve been the better team, just keep doing what you are doing, and the result will follow! I send in Balmer and Walker. After Brooks steals the ball to get an offensive push started, he slides it to Balmer, who hits him back for goal in the 74th. Now Kaikay heads in. Devlin with a card. We hold and win 1-0. Our GK (In the sweeper keeper role) and defense was able to keep them from having a shot on target, 9 shots, 0 on target. You can’t win if you don’t get your shot on target. MOM was Brooks.

Game #15 – Home vs Gloucester City – I start Walker today. Keep our run going! Moore with an early yellow. I need to keep an eye on him. In the 34th Moore feeds Roberts for goal. Half. Guard against complacency! Kaikay for Moore-kay. Brooks is banged up a bit so I send in Balmer. Kitching heads in. Devlin to Roberts in the 85th. We win 2-0. MOM is Roberts.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The potential Poole Town takeover talks collapsed. I go to the board and get permission for another coach to be hired.

Game #16 – Away vs Oxford -DC Whisken is back in at DC. Keep up our run!!! The Elliot to Devlin goal in the 6th minute shows they were listening. In the 41st, Devlin returns the favor as he hits Elliot for another goal. Half. Hey! Don’t get complacent out there! They don’t Elliot to Moore for goal in the 65th, and we hold and win 3-0.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 3 – Home vs Thurrock United, 22nd
Nov 17 – Home vs Welling United, 2nd
Nov 24 – Away vs Chelmsford City, 14th

Fast month, eh?

I place an advert for our Head of Youth Development.

I massage my budget. I did have a small 60k transfer allowance, and I drop around 20k to bring my salary to 4500.

Game #17 vs Thurrock – Keep up our run! Devlin to Roberts for goal in the 22nd. Don’t get complacent! Moore is red carded in the 57th. Whisken gives up a professional foul in the 69th and another red card is given to my squad. Are we going to hold on? I send in Walker to help. We manage to hold on and win 1-0. Whew. MOM is Devlin.

Devlin is named in the Team of the Week

I fine Moore and warn Whisken.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:09 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hire a Data Analysts to join my scouting team.

Game #18 – Away vs Welling – I am starting Smeeton and Walker for my carded folks. Keep our run going! Let’s not belabor this. We are crushed 3-1, our lone score was a Smeeton to Roberts score.

Brooks was lightly injured and will miss the Chelmsford City game

We draw Tillbury in the FA Trophy

Kitching becomes a professional after his 17th birthday arrived.

Game #19 Away vs Chelmsford City – We start Balmer at ST and move Roberts to Brooks’s spot. Smeeton remains in as Moore was banned for two matches. We allow a corner kick in the 23rd to sink and start down. Chelmsford is playing is tight and close, despite the positional difference on the board (1st to 19th). Half. Show me something else! They do. In the 48th, Roberts feeds Balmer for goal to tie us. We are cardless, but they have 4. FB Kebbie feeds Devlin a nasty cross, he is marked, and slides the ball to Smeeton on an attack run, Smeeton sinks in. We are up in the 61st. I send in Kaikay and Leslie-Smith. We turn aside multiple Chelmsford waves. I send in Dickson. Can we hold on…. Yes. We win 2-1. It was very close actually. Statistically, they outplayed us. MOM was Smeeton.

DC Whisken is injured for a few weeks, and Walker will start for him until he returns.

My two coaches finished their courses and improved.