Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
Blade
College Prospect

Real Life Dynasty - Law of Attraction and Me!

Let me preface this post, and this dynasty, by saying I may come off sounding like a crazy person, or Tom Cruise.

I have decided to do this dynasty to help me in my latest journey in life, and to share my experiences with it. This has to do with the Law of Attraction, which I learned by reading the book "The Secret", by Rhonda Byrne. To give anyone who has not heard of it a quick synopsis, basically the Universe has laws which are constant, like the law of gravity. There is also the Law of Attraction, which says "Like attracts like". Each person is a transmitter, and you send out a frequency with your thoughts and feelings. If you are thinking "bad" thoughts, or having "bad" feelings, you are attracting more "bad" things to you. As such, the reverse is true. That is "The Secret". (Wow...I am using a lot of quotes!)

Basically, this way of thinking says that we are all in control of our own lives, what we experience, and what we have. So, if you are always putting out these good vibes, and concentrating on what you want as if you already have it, it will come to you.

I know I am probably not explaining it well, but I hope this gives you all an idea of what the Law of Attraction is.

Anyway, some background on myself. Any of my friends and family can tell you that I am a major pessimist. I have very low self esteem, and have fought with bouts of depression. I went through a major bout around 5 years ago, and have recently fought with another bout. Well, it was a few months ago that I was first exposed to "The Secret". I heard about it, but didn't really think much about it. However, a week ago, something in my head clicked, and I decided that I need to take steps to correct the issues I am having, and that I need to do it myself, as medication and therapy were going nowhere. So, I picked up "The Secret" book and read it. It has changed my way of thinking, and it seems like a veil has been lifted.

I am still only a few days in to my new way of thinking, but I have noticed that I am happier than I have been in a long time. I am grateful for things that I have never expressed gratitude for in the past, and I am optimistic for the first time!

On the way in to work this morning, the idea came to me that I should start this dynasty, because I find that it helps me organize my thoughts better by writing them out, and I think it will help me focus on good thoughts, and keep the bad thoughts at bay. Plus, I would like to share my experiences with others.

So, I am going to keep at this, and I hope some of you will enjoy it. But, please, I ask not to be engaged in any philosophical conversations on this topic. I didn't create this theory, I have just decided to believe in it, because I was often lost looking for something to believe in, and in just a short amount of time, I feel my life is already changing.

Please, sit back and enjoy, and if you do not like it, please just ignore it and go about your surfing.

Thanks all!

Blade

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Blade
College Prospect

As I stated before, I started implementing this way of thinking early this week. I started off a little too unfocused, asking for a million dollars, while not being able to cast away the doubts deep in my mind. But, I also keeped happy thoughts in my mind, and started to focus on feeling the gratitude for the things in my life.

I have always been a person who focused on the regrets I have had in my past, and on the troubles I have in the present. I see myself getting older, and always thought of how my life is passing me by. So, the first steps for me were to reverse that way of thinking. I have seen that I am in control of my thoughts, and of my life, and that all that matters is the here and now. The past is the past, and cannot be changed. The future has yet to come, so there is no point worrying about it. I have to focus on my happiness today, and that is what I have been doing.

It started out simply. I read in the book about a person who constantly thought of parking spots that he wanted, and they would always appear. I also read about how time has no meaning, and when you rush to work because you are late, you are inevitably setting yourself up to be late because you are so focused on it. So, I took the attitude, when driving to work this week, that it didn't matter what time it was. I would get to work anyway so why worry about things I could not control. Well, twice this week I left my house 10 minutes later than I should have, and every day this week traffic has been amazing and I have arrived at work a few minutes earlier than I normally do.

I am taking this as a good first start. Right now, I am focusing on abundance in my life. Abundance of friends, love, money, and happiness. I can still feel the doubts creep in, and I am working on casting them aside, but years of negative thinking are hard to change...

---------------------------------

A couple of things about my posts. First, my thoughts are somewhat jumbled, but I am not going to go through them and reformat them. A major reason for me doing this are to get my thoughts out, and help me focus on what I am thinking and how I need to think. So I do not apologize for my rambling, or for any shortcomings I may have as a writer...

Also, I am going to end each post with some things I am grateful for, as this is very important in this process that I feel gratitude.

Right now, I am grateful for:

- My Loving Wife
- My Dog
- The friends who have stuck by me throughout my struggles, even when I have not been any fun to be around
- My Home
- The fact that I am still alive and able to take steps to control my life.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Travis
Pro Rookie

Good stuff thus far. Good luck with such an (imho) important life change to try and see life in a different and more positive light. Looks like things are starting well.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The Secret is major to me...it helped me get focused properly in life and what had to happen to make the changes proper...good luck!