Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #301
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Goalkeeper just scored a goal from across the pitch.

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #302
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

That looks some sort of pre-patch buggyness. Yikes...love it!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #303
bhlloy
Coordinator

Eh, in the rain that's happened IRL more than a few times. If it's happening to you on a regular basis it might be a bug, but not out of the question.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #304
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm having a bitch of a time with cloudsync lately.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #305
Flasch186
Coordinator

I could see that happening. Its wet out, Keeper misjudges flight and then hears the footsteps of the attacking forward trying to win the ball too. Takes a bounce and he just isnt in the right position...

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #306
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Just throwing it out there that I wasn't posting it because I thought it was a bug. I'm posting it because I thought it was awesome! I'm in year three of this save with Stirling Albion in Scotland. Some weird promotion/relegation thing going on in this league, still haven't wrapped my head around it, unless I'm totally misinterpreting things. But, I my first year I was in a playoff for a promotion with a team in the league above me? I lost, and I didn't move up obviously. In season two I won the league outright and got promoted. Now, I'm in my third season, two points out in the bottom position with four games to play....really, really don't wanna go back down.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-19-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #307
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Just throwing it out there that I wasn't posting in because I thought it was a bug. I'm posting it because I thought it was awesome!

Hehe yeah - beats my Suarez goal for craziness.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #308
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Eh, in the rain that's happened IRL more than a few times. If it's happening to you on a regular basis it might be a bug, but not out of the question.

Yea, never seen that in many, many, many games watched. Don't think it's a bug...just a freak thing that was really cool to see.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #309
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Well, two points back with three to play now, in last place. Tried to talk to my squad and they didn't even respond! I don't see this ending well.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-19-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #310
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
When does the steam sale start again??? I am so ready to buy this when the sale is on... Just got a new laptop and I am looking forward to diving into FM again!

$37.49 now on Steam
Old 12-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #311
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Wow. So, in Scotland, there's a playoff sort of thing for relegation. Bottom team goes down, next worst team plays in a playoff against the bottom promotion playoff team from the league below in a two leg match.

Last game of the season, we beat the top team to avoid the bottom spot by one point.

We were away first in the playoff, and lost 3-0, and I thought all of the hard work trying to stay up was all for naught. But in the home leg, we went up 3-0 in the first 24 minutes, then scored again right before the half and held it for the rest of the game, and we stay up for another year!

Edit: Whoops. Spoke too soon. Looks like we have to play another of the teams below us, as they have three playoff spots. Very weird. Need to read up about this system.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-19-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #312
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Scotland is pretty unique, I had a career there on FM12 before my laptop took a crap. Probably the most fun I've had with FM. I really liked playing all 9 teams 4 times in the lower leagues. That really helped me create what I felt were rivalry games. And the promotion/relegation playoff is a nice touch.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #313
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Scotland is pretty unique, I had a career there on FM12 before my laptop took a crap. Probably the most fun I've had with FM. I really liked playing all 9 teams 4 times in the lower leagues. That really helped me create what I felt were rivalry games. And the promotion/relegation playoff is a nice touch.

Yea, it's pretty neat, and I do like that there's only 10 teams. We ended up winning in the second playoff and stay in League 1 for another year, though I might attempt to get a new job moving up a bit.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #314
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Goalkeeper just scored a goal from across the pitch.

It's amazing how similar that goal looks to this one, scored by a goalie in the EPL this season: No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Can I turn down $50m (including 40% of next transfer fee) for Iker Munian as Bilbao?

He's pretty key to my tactic, but $50m is a fuckton of cash.

But I'm not hurting for money.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #316
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Boom. Solution.

Sell Munian for an initial $43m. (That 40% will hopefully be huge in the future).

Buy Griezman from Real Madrid for $29.5m.

Profit.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #317
Tim Tellean
High School JV

50% off for 2 days

I just got an email that FM 14 is 50% off on Christmas and Boxing day, goto sortitoutsi.net to buy it.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #318
bhlloy
Coordinator

17 pounds 50 which is a decent discount for us US folks but I'm wondering if we'll see the same 50% off deal in dollars at any point?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #319
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Finally bought the game and started my job at Crystal Palace. It's Christmas and my Eagles are holding at 15th. I was on the verge of getting fired when I managed to snag two victories to go from 19th to 15th. Bowed out of the Capital One Cup in my first game, but have made lucky draws in the FA Cup to get to the 6th round where it's likely to end as I have to travel to Old Trafford.

Absolutely love the media interaction. Harry Rednapp and I have had a back and forth in the media. He does not like me much. He likes me ever less after we knocked Newcastle out of the FA Cup 1-0 at Selhurst.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #320
cougarfreak
College Starter

Any problems for those of us in the US using sortitoutsi as a way to purchase?
Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #321
MrBug708
Head Coach

Bought and loading up. Gotta get use if CP in the BPL
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #322
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post

curious about how buying on that page works as well (Germany is blocked from getting the game)

other than that i was waiting on steam to have it 50% off and for one with access gifting it to me while i pay him with paypal like last year
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #323
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

Anyone? I'm still wondering.......I see they accept American Express, so I think it will be ok. But I wonder how patches, etc. work......
Old 12-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #324
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Its no problem for me in the States. I paid and received an email with code and instructions on downloading from Steam.
With the exchange rate I paid $23.97 (less than half the $49.95 retail).
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #325
cougarfreak
College Starter

I can't even get sortitoutsi.net to work on my MacBook or iPad. But it come up on my iPhone? Weird.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #326
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Steam has at 24.99 right now.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-25-2013 at 12:34 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #327
MrBug708
Head Coach

Should have waited from last night
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #328
cougarfreak
College Starter

My god, I remember why I stopped using steam. My one and only purchase in the system is FM 2010. I can't get checked out with the FM 2014 deal, is this still normal? Driving me freaking batty.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #329
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
My god, I remember why I stopped using steam. My one and only purchase in the system is FM 2010. I can't get checked out with the FM 2014 deal, is this still normal? Driving me freaking batty.

Are you purchasing the game through Steam or did you get a code from Sortitoutsi?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #330
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Are you purchasing the game through Steam or did you get a code from Sortitoutsi?

I'm trying through Steam. It makes it into my cart, but when I go and check out, it keeps timing me out. Seems as though others are having Steam issues today.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #331
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Greenmangaming has it for $20 if you use this code. You get a steam code for it.

Code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...-manager-2014/
Grim.Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #332
SackAttack
Head Coach

Thanks for the heads up, Grim. I was holding out for a $20 or less price point. Didn't expect to get it this soon.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #333
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Grim. I was holding out for a $20 or less price point. Didn't expect to get it this soon.

No problem at all, I picked it up too...
Grim.Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 AM   #334
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

if you want a challenge outside the ordinary, download and install this modpack

Megapack 35 updates by claassen

It adds 35 nations from all over the world to the game, greatly expanding the world outside of the FM-standard leagues. Yes, you can play in Iran, Honduras (where I'm playing right now), or even San Marino!

How bad is the San Marinese league? Let's put it this way, the best team in the nation plays in Italy's Third Division (Serie C1)

If that's not tiny enough, they even have the Gibraltar and the New Caledonia league on it.

It's a lot of fun
Old 12-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #335
cougarfreak
College Starter

When you are modding logos, do the actual logos go into the graphics/logos folder, or do I need to make a subfolder for each league? I'm having the damnedest time getting logos to show up.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #336
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Szczesny with the penalty kick winner for me to win the capital one cup over Man U

heh, pretty funny

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #337
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Since SackAttack has a bunch of time off over the upcoming weeks, we decided to do a two player game.

Thoughts about a half hour in (we're playing my American Premier League mod, to use USA teams with out MLS's many and varied WTF rules)

A) Sooooooo much easier to do this in FM14 instead of 13. Doing it through steam means we don't have to do VPN/Port Shenanigans to play

B ) I made an inquiry into one of his players. SA wanted $200 Million for him... then he inquired about one of my players.

C) Sack doesn't take no guff, one of his players had a transfer offer rejected, the agent wanted a new contract, and then wanted double the amount he wanted to pay.. when the player came whining to him about it, not only did Sack tell him to ahem, "Sack up", he also convinced the player to fire his agent.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 12-28-2013 at 09:43 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #338
bhlloy
Coordinator

Not loving the integration with Steam Workshop so far, seems very hacked on. Been trying to get some logo sets through there this evening and on my third try, this time made it through the loading screen and it's just hanging on processing, there's also no way to cancel this process so have to ctrl+alt+delete it

I know, I can go elsewhere and it's pretty easy to get mods into the game outside of Steam, but why have the functionality if it doesn't work well? Why is this more difficult than subscribing to the item in Steam and having it in my game the next time I start up, like every other Steam game out there?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #339
Easy Mac

It was very quick when I downloaded some logo sets.

I was trying to edit the USA leagues structure. It appears that SI hard coded the PDL as the second tier league, so getting the USA league structure accurate and playable while keeping MLS as is doesn't appear to be in the cards. I've been able to add the PDL, USL and NASL as playable and haven't had problems yet. I still have to dig down and make sure they mirror the actual way the leagues run. I also still have to activate some of the regional leagues that are in there.

I'm also tempted to do a college mod, but I don't know that I'd be able to figure out how to do an end of the year tournament.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #340
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Anyone come up with some useful tactics? I managed to scrape out a 10th place finish with Crystal Palace in year one. Got some money to spend and the core from last year's team is intact so I making a push, but my tactics seem all over the place. Within weeks of each other I managed to beat Man City 2-0 but lose to 19th Aston Villa 1-2. I'm using a 4-5-1 at the moment but still struggle in possession (despite my MF being the strongest part of my team).
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #341
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I was trying to edit the USA leagues structure. It appears that SI hard coded the PDL as the second tier league, so getting the USA league structure accurate and playable while keeping MLS as is doesn't appear to be in the cards. I've been able to add the PDL, USL and NASL as playable and haven't had problems yet. I still have to dig down and make sure they mirror the actual way the leagues run. I also still have to activate some of the regional leagues that are in there.

Yeah, the editor changes that were announced before release that some of us got excited about appear to be a bit of a farce.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #342
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Just had one of my craziest FM games ever.

We were down 0-2 at half. In the 48th minute while still down 0-2, one of my defenders decides to get a red card for sliding in with two feet. A different defender of mine isn't happy about this apparently and picks up his second yellow card. Somehow, we came back to win 4-3. We'll be petitioning to play with 9 from now on.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #343
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm getting a little peeved at the game at this point. Really struggling to know what I need to do in some situations. The in-game feedback is great, but I have little idea what to do with it at times. For example, I keep getting a message that I'm getting over run in the midfield. With no instructions option for what to do, I'm left clueless as to what to do with it.

Also, the management appears to have little patience anymore to allow a rebuild of a team. I like to go into a team and build a new youth foundation in a program to allow me to succeed. Through my first three play-throughs, I've been fired after six months, one year, and 18 months respectively. I understand that the team is struggling at some level, but seems like I can't find any chance to build the team.

Really frustrating as I'm a huge fan of the game, but it seems like it's changed quite a bit from the game I played 700 hours (FM 12).
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #344
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

Just bested all my previous efforts. Fired in two months this time.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm getting a little peeved at the game at this point. Really struggling to know what I need to do in some situations. The in-game feedback is great, but I have little idea what to do with it at times. For example, I keep getting a message that I'm getting over run in the midfield. With no instructions option for what to do, I'm left clueless as to what to do with it.

Also, the management appears to have little patience anymore to allow a rebuild of a team. I like to go into a team and build a new youth foundation in a program to allow me to succeed. Through my first three play-throughs, I've been fired after six months, one year, and 18 months respectively. I understand that the team is struggling at some level, but seems like I can't find any chance to build the team.

Really frustrating as I'm a huge fan of the game, but it seems like it's changed quite a bit from the game I played 700 hours (FM 12).

1. in game advice typically comes with an "apply" button that will attempt to "fix" the situation for you. If you're being overrun in midfield you need to either commit more players to midfield to try to win the ball back, or else switch to a long-ball style and ignore the midfield (depending on your team and your tactic).

2. As far as building a new youth foundation - that should be a choice of the "philosophy" that you can pitch to the board when you're first hired. If the board is not onboard (no pun intended) with that philosophy though then you're not going to be given the leeway to get it done and you'll have to look for another job (realistic).

So you need to find a club that's willing to not be in "win now" mode.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #346
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
1. in game advice typically comes with an "apply" button that will attempt to "fix" the situation for you. If you're being overrun in midfield you need to either commit more players to midfield to try to win the ball back, or else switch to a long-ball style and ignore the midfield (depending on your team and your tactic).

I've learned the game from FM, so I think I'm missing something here. When you say 'commit more players', do you mean switching from 3 to 4+ midfielders or is there something else you mean. Generally, I've always used the preset formations, so I don't know a ton about the intricate strategies within each formation.

Thanks for the assist.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #347
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I've learned the game from FM, so I think I'm missing something here. When you say 'commit more players', do you mean switching from 3 to 4+ midfielders or is there something else you mean. Generally, I've always used the preset formations, so I don't know a ton about the intricate strategies within each formation.

Thanks for the assist.

No prob - happy to help. Sorry I had stepped out for a few hours.

Yes - either switch from 3 midfielders to 4, or else look at your midfielders instructions/mentality. Are they all set to "attacking" so they're rushing out of midfield too quickly and don't have the stamina or the discipline to get back on defense when the ball gets turned over?

It's something that could be fixed any of a number of different ways really - depending on your goals for the match, your formation, the players you have on the field, etc. I don't recall when it says "you're getting overrun" specifically if it offers an automatic fix type button to click...
Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #348
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

For those struggling with tactics, I actually recommend browsing the Tactics & Training subforum on the official forums. Now, normally the SI forums are terrible, but the T&T subforum has been excellent with this version. As always, read through the stickies first.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #349
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Good call flere.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #350
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm not overly deep with soccer tactic knowledge. With this version I have found that I need to actually watch the games unfold and tweak my tactic.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote