Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #13901
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

When the commercials end, we all win.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #13902
Thomkal
Head Coach

heh
Old 11-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #13903
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I've always wondered how much bank tv stations earn during an election month.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #13904
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Any predictions for specific incumbents to win or lose? Incumbency has a lot of power when it comes to Election Day, so sadly I think most will win. I could see Rohrbacker (sp?) of CA losing though and McCaskill probably the most likely Dem incumbent to lose. I'll be thrilled if the likes of Nunes and Cruz lose though.

Heitkamp is far more likely to lose than McCaskill.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #13905
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

There is one running in NJ right now talking about how Bob Menendez traveled abroad to sleep with underage prostitutes.

Hugin doubles down on explosive and unproven allegations of Menendez and prostitution with new ad | NJ.com
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #13906
PilotMan
Head Coach

True

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-05-2018 at 05:41 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #13907
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Feel for those poor states that have runoffs for not reaching 50%. They get another month.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #13908
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

lol

The 2020 primary starts Wednesday. Pity the poor folk in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #13909
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
There is one running in NJ right now talking about how Bob Menendez traveled abroad to sleep with underage prostitutes.

Hugin doubles down on explosive and unproven allegations of Menendez and prostitution with new ad | NJ.com

There is a guy I know that is a huge conspiracy theory guy. He believes there is an island off the coast of California in international waters. It is called pedophile island. And the ultra rich fly to this island and there are teen age boys and girls.

Bill Clinton is a name he mentions as a participant. He says Clinton tells his secret sevice to stand down and flies out for a weekend.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #13910
tarcone
Coordinator

I think McCaskill loses. Shoot, the state voted Grientens into the governors office.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #13911
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
There is a guy I know that is a huge conspiracy theory guy. He believes there is an island off the coast of California in international waters. It is called pedophile island. And the ultra rich fly to this island and there are teen age boys and girls.

Bill Clinton is a name he mentions as a participant. He says Clinton tells his secret sevice to stand down and flies out for a weekend.

It is amazing to me there are people like that out there.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #13912
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is amazing to me there are people like that out there.

Yeah, everyone knows the Clintons use random pizza parlors for their child sex trafficking.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #13913
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Heitkamp is far more likely to lose than McCaskill.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me to see her lose too. I just know Republicans have been focused on McCaskill's seat since Todd Akin gave her a gift.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #13914
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

These things always have a hint of truth or a "ripped from the headlines" aspect to them. I suspect this fantasy tale that someone started was based on an unfortunately true story that somehow managed to elude wide publicity.

The entire story is awful, but pretty interesting considering that the pedophile piece of this came to light during the investigation into several murders that occurred near where I was born (I would have been around 6 years old when this occurred).

Much Sickness: North Fox Island, Shelden, Grossman, Starchild, Richards, The Franklin Scandal. | catherinebroad
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #13915
Thomkal
Head Coach

PM that billboard made me want to vomit-glad I don't live anywhere where I have to see it every day,
Old 11-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #13916
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
These things always have a hint of truth or a "ripped from the headlines" aspect to them. I suspect this fantasy tale that someone started was based on an unfortunately true story that somehow managed to elude wide publicity.

The entire story is awful, but pretty interesting considering that the pedophile piece of this came to light during the investigation into several murders that occurred near where I was born (I would have been around 6 years old when this occurred).

Much Sickness: North Fox Island, Shelden, Grossman, Starchild, Richards, The Franklin Scandal. | catherinebroad

Isn't the story about Jeffrey Epstein?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #13917
tarcone
Coordinator

Missouri voters: Yes on 2, No on 3 and C

Old 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #13918
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't know if this means good news for Rep/Dem but it is good that more people are voting.

A staggering 36 million people have voted early, setting the stage for big midterm turnout - POLITICO
Quote:
A staggering 36 million voters cast their ballots ahead of Election Day this year, setting the stage for much-higher-than-usual turnout for a midterm — and, potentially, big surprises on Tuesday night.

Republican enthusiasm for President Donald Trump and Democrats’ itch to repudiate him at the ballot box have driven people to the polls far faster than in 2014, when 27.2 million people voted early, according to Michael McDonald, a University of Florida professor who tracks voter turnout.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:30 PM   #13919
tarcone
Coordinator

Trump, Hannity and Limbaugh in Missouri tonight. Gives you an idea how important this race is.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #13920
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump, Hannity and Limbaugh in Missouri tonight. Gives you an idea how important this race is.

And Judge Jeanine too. Really hope the Dems win MO now.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:04 AM   #13921
RainMaker
General Manager

So that big Foxconn deal we had to hear about for months turned out to be a scam.

Did Scott Walker and Donald Trump Deal Away the Wisconsin Governor’s Race to Foxconn? | The New Yorker
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #13922
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I keep seeing stuff like this, yet also keep seeing the republicans are likely to remain in control. Not sure how those two things jive. I suppose the blue states will just be bluer and the red states stay red but not as red?

The Senate isn't proportional to population. So the Republicans can hold a big advantage with significantly less votes than Democrats. A state like Wyoming gets the same number of Senators as New York despite being 16 times bigger in population.

When it comes to the House, which should be evenly distributed based on populatoin, the maps favor Republicans. They were in control during the 2010 redistricting and heavily gerrymandered. That means that even if Democrat candidates receive 5% more of the vote tomorrow, the Republicans can keep the House.

Basically we have one of the most moronic systems ever conceived to elect our leaders. A system where the ruling party is elected by a minority of the voters because some founding fathers from the South wanted to cling on to slavery.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 AM   #13923
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

The 2020 primary starts Wednesday. Pity the poor folk in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Thankfully it doesn't apply to me anymore, but you know what's worse? Living in the major media market (Boston) that broadcasts to (the majority of) NH, while not actually having a vote in a contested election!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Don't know if this means good news for Rep/Dem but it is good that more people are voting.

A staggering 36 million people have voted early, setting the stage for big midterm turnout - POLITICO
I assume a 33% increase in early voting says more about access, awareness, and technology than motivation, but I'll be interested to see the final turnout numbers.

I'm still trying to learn the political landscape down here, but NC stuff will be interesting. The gerrymandering has made super weird districts, but I think Mark Harris still "represents the district" more, while Dan McCready is a better candidate for the US House. The local NC Senate race is even more of a shitshow, with the Charlotte Observer saying
Quote:
We disagree with Republican Sen. Dan Bishop on most every policy stance he has taken, including his lead sponsorship of HB2, and we’re troubled by his investment in a website that was home to hate speech. But while we respect Democrat Chad Stachowicz’s moderate policy views, we are concerned by his lack of judgment in a 2008 DWI and his comments on drinking since. We do not endorse either candidate.
There are also a couple ballot initiatives the Republicans are pushing hard to hold on to their 2010 gains a little longer... I think the Voter ID law will pass easily, but the attempt to strip the governor of the power to appoint judges until the next election, and the attempt to pack the election board with friendlier people are both toss ups.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #13924
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Basically we have one of the most moronic systems ever conceived to elect our leaders. A system where the ruling party is elected by a minority of the voters because some founding fathers from the South wanted to cling on to slavery.

You've never studied parliamentary government, huh?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #13925
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
After all I’ve done to “Strengthen” democracy in our country, the Democrats are still trying to elect more people who Oppose (“Resist”) my #AmericaFirst Agenda. This should not be allowed & should probably be ILLEGAL because its so unfair to me. Why isn’t Sessions investigating?!

Trump says it should be illegal to vote for anyone other than his supporters.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #13926
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump says it should be illegal to vote for anyone other than his supporters.
Where'd you find this quote?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #13927
miked
College Starter

Isn't it in North Carolina where they are trying to strip the power of the governor because a democrat was elected?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #13928
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

It's probably one of mine.

Easy mistake to make.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #13929
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Senate isn't proportional to population. So the Republicans can hold a big advantage with significantly less votes than Democrats. A state like Wyoming gets the same number of Senators as New York despite being 16 times bigger in population.

When it comes to the House, which should be evenly distributed based on populatoin, the maps favor Republicans. They were in control during the 2010 redistricting and heavily gerrymandered. That means that even if Democrat candidates receive 5% more of the vote tomorrow, the Republicans can keep the House.

Uh, I believe the Virginia plan was based upon population because Virginia had one of the larger populations back then. The South was growing faster than the North back then.

The New Jersey plan was one the one that was non-proportional. The Connecticut plan essentially combined the proportional and equal representation ideas into a bicameral legislature.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #13930
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So that big Foxconn deal we had to hear about for months turned out to be a scam.

Did Scott Walker and Donald Trump Deal Away the Wisconsin Governor’s Race to Foxconn? | The New Yorker

And now they want to bring in Chinese workers.

Wisconsin is open for business! I sure hope our long Scott Walker nightmare will finally be over tonight.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #13931
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anybody else have a candidate for weirdest ballot initiative?

Amendment 9: Florida’s referendum on vaping and offshore drilling - Vox

Quote:
Prohibits drilling for the exploration or extraction of oil and natural gas beneath all state-owned waters between the mean high water line and the state’s outermost territorial boundaries. Adds use of vapor-generating electronic devices to current prohibition of tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces with exceptions; permits more restrictive local ordinances

So we could either ban offshore drilling and vape devices or allow both.

I live in such a weird state.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #13932
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Triumph made a trip to Texas to speak with Beto and Cruz. It didn't end well for Cruz.

Quote:
The puppet even managed to get some face time with each candidate.

O’Rourke mostly laughed off the encounter. Cruz, however, tried to have a moment with Triumph.

“Just remember: It wasn’t the Republicans, it was the Democrats that took you into the vet to get fixed and there is freedom on the other side,” Cruz cracked as his supporters laughed.

Triumph replied with a burn that might’ve left a scar.

“I support spaying and neutering, just like Trump did to you,” the puppet shot back.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #13933
kingfc22
Head Coach

O/U on when Trump will declare voter fraud for losing either the House and/or Senate should it happen?

6 hours? 12 hours?
Old 11-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #13934
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
O/U on when Trump will declare voter fraud for losing either the House and/or Senate should it happen?

6 hours? 12 hours?

U 1 hour-he's already been tweeting about it yesterday getting his base ready
Old 11-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #13935
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

I saw it on twitter, but maybe I got taken by a fake account? I can't find it anywhere now.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #13936
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
And now they want to bring in Chinese workers.

Wisconsin is open for business! I sure hope our long Scott Walker nightmare will finally be over tonight.

I wish they would come up with some solution.
One of our manufacturers is HQ'd in Wisconsin. Pays well by all accounts. Needs to hire over 100 production workers and has for over 6months. Literally no applicants.

I mean somewhere in the countyr there has to be an untrained work for willing to work for $18-30/hour right? Lets move them to Wisconsin.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 11-06-2018 at 12:45 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #13937
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
One of our manufacturers is HQ'd in Wisconsin. Pays well by all accounts. Needs to hire over 100 production workers and has for over 6months. Literally no applicants.

I mean somewhere in the countyr there has to be an untrained work for willing to work for $18-30/hour right? Lets move them to Wisconsin.

This is what I don’t get...

Democrats complain companies are not paying workers higher wages, but want to open up the border, which brings in more workers for unskilled jobs driving down wages.

Republicans want to close the border. Which would drive up wages (by reducing the amount of unskilled labor), but historically wants cheap labor for business interests.

Either way, my company cut jobs because we could not find qualified workers for jobs earning $75k plus commission. We wound up expanding the existing sales territories.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #13938
JPhillips
General Manager

There is no movement by elected Dems for open borders.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #13939
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Isn't it in North Carolina where they are trying to strip the power of the governor because a democrat was elected?
Yes. The legislature (GOP super-majority) has already eliminated several of the Governor's powers. There are other ballot measures on today's ballot to strip more. And with very misleading text.

One measure:
"Constitutional amendment to establish an eight-member Bipartisan Board of Ethics and Elections Enforcement in the Constitution to administer ethics and elections law."

Who wouldn't vote for that, right? Well, there is ALREADY a NINE member bipartisan board with at least one unaffiliated member. The change is to who gets to appoint the board (was governor; would change to legislature). And ensures that the new board would always be a 4-4 partisan deadlock.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #13940
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

What part of the state?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #13941
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
What part of the state?

Eagle, Whitewater, Waukesha, Berlin and Osh Kosh
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #13942
Thomkal
Head Coach

Long lines in most SC polling places today-nice to see. How do things look in your state?
Old 11-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #13943
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
Yes. The legislature (GOP super-majority) has already eliminated several of the Governor's powers. There are other ballot measures on today's ballot to strip more. And with very misleading text.

One measure:
"Constitutional amendment to establish an eight-member Bipartisan Board of Ethics and Elections Enforcement in the Constitution to administer ethics and elections law."

Who wouldn't vote for that, right? Well, there is ALREADY a NINE member bipartisan board with at least one unaffiliated member. The change is to who gets to appoint the board (was governor; would change to legislature). And ensures that the new board would always be a 4-4 partisan deadlock.

I thought I remembered differently with this committee and the GOP proposal was that the ninth member would be appointed from a different party each year - Democrats in odd years and Republicans in even years. (It shouldn't take but a moment to figure out why the Democrats weren't on board with this idea.)
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #13944
miami_fan
Coordinator

I would love to see an expert explain why voting machines are so fallible.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #13945
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I would love to see an expert explain why voting machines are so fallible.

A large part of the problem is the people running the machines. Largely volunteer, largely elderly.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #13946
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

6 hours? 12 hours?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.da13c07d2960
Old 11-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #13947
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

The most proactive President ever
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #13948
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thomkal - where do I send your winnings?
Old 11-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #13949
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Thomkal - where do I send your winnings?

I'm sure I can find some Voter Fraud watchdog somewhere
Old 11-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #13950
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I'm still waiting on that sweet, sweet Soros money.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote