Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #1001
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
He has been vouched for, although possibly not in a way that would be obvious, unless you know what to look for.

I don't know if Blade sees the same thing, or has a different reason. Blade's list is somewhat different from mine.

My urchin saw raiders spending money on night 1, and he spent it on something i dont think a bad guy would spend it on as per the intial rules.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #1002
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I actually did go to the opium den, and if I remember right, I was the first one who talked about my opium den experience.

I have tried to hire an urchin, but failed on night 0. I have not tried since due to money issues. I got robbed on night 1 (the same night i went to the opium den), so money is tight with me. (all of which I had previously said).

That should read I spent money on the urchin day 1, not night 0 sorry. Night 0 I didnt do anything as I saved money for the urchin.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #1003
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, you indicated that you had a role that is not on the main page?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #1004
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have tried to hire an urchin, but failed on night 0. I have not tried since due to money issues. I got robbed on night 1 (the same night i went to the opium den), so money is tight with me. (all of which I had previously said).

Alan, maybe someone else can save you here...but my bid for the urchin is a day action and my 10 shillings bid was placed on day 1 before the lynch deadline. Saying you did it on night 0 is a very bad slip-up in my mind
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #1005
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That should read I spent money on the urchin day 1, not night 0 sorry. Night 0 I didnt do anything as I saved money for the urchin.
grrrr, i hate you and catching your slip-ups...though it was made, now im less sure of it
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #1006
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Alan, maybe someone else can save you here...but my bid for the urchin is a day action and my 10 shillings bid was placed on day 1 before the lynch deadline. Saying you did it on night 0 is a very bad slip-up in my mind

You might have missed it since it was at the top of a new page, I corrected myself there.

It is a day action, and I even said so the day I did it. Part of my trust in path was he was one of the first to mention the day action, and I was the first to say I did the day action of hiring the urchin. Then I was the first to come back and say mine failed due to being overbid (before you stated getting yours).

I'm pretty sure if Im lying now that would have been amazing of me to guess all of that info at the time.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #1007
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade, you indicated that you had a role that is not on the main page?

Yes, and no...it would fall under the category of one of the good roles i suppose, but from what the role entails it is quite unique. It comes with restrictions to my voluntary actions, but also a side involuntary action that despite here to fore being rather useless might one day be helpful.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #1008
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
grrrr, i hate you and catching your slip-ups...though it was made, now im less sure of it

Like I said.. if I had known that hiring an urchin was a day time activity before anyone else said.. and known that someone outbid my 7 shillings before anyone else said.. without having actually tried that.. it would be the most amazing WW move ever.. or I would have to be an urchin myself (which I am not).
Old 11-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #1009
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually did go to the opium den, and if I remember right, I was the first one who talked about my opium den experience.

Quote:
You might have missed it since it was at the top of a new page, I corrected myself there.

It is a day action, and I even said so the day I did it. Part of my trust in path was he was one of the first to mention the day action, and I was the first to say I did the day action of hiring the urchin. Then I was the first to come back and say mine failed due to being overbid (before you stated getting yours).

I'm pretty sure if Im lying now that would have been amazing of me to guess all of that info at the time.

Can you explain then if you on night 0 didnt spend your money, and on night 1 got robbed of your gold, when you went to the opium den and how you afforded the price on the only other available night(day 2?) If you got robbed, how did you make the cash with your 3 shilling income to afford the opium den on night 2?
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #1010
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
My urchin saw raiders spending money on night 1, and he spent it on something i dont think a bad guy would spend it on as per the intial rules.
I presume you are intentionally omitting a mention of what it was spent on because you think that information is best not spread around?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #1011
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Like I said.. if I had known that hiring an urchin was a day time activity before anyone else said.. and known that someone outbid my 7 shillings before anyone else said.. without having actually tried that.. it would be the most amazing WW move ever.. or I would have to be an urchin myself (which I am not).
VOTE ALAN T

Something in this post is a lie, its time for you to die
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #1012
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I presume you are intentionally omitting a mention of what it was spent on because you think that information is best not spread around?

I have not been as forthcoming as i indicated, and if you will permit me i think it just allowed me to catch Alan T in a lie..but yes, i think it best if the rest of my urchin info stays as it is for now
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #1013
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's entirely fair. Far be it from me, who has been irate at others for questioning my exercise of discretion, to criticize you for doing the same.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #1014
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I would really like to understand what I witnessed last night. If it makes sense, it will buy a great deal of trust going forward.

My worry is that right now I have you spending a small fortune to hire an urchin on Day 1, who gives you information on Tyrith's death that points towards a prostitute as the only person in the district - information that was clearly incorrect. That was supposed to consume all of your money, but it did not. You then have additional urchin interactions - seeing RA spend money, for example.

Now, there is a role that has heavy ties to urchins and that role is included under the list of bad guys in this game ... which implies that we should eliminating Fagin as part of our victory conditions.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #1015
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you explain then if you on night 0 didnt spend your money, and on night 1 got robbed of your gold, when you went to the opium den and how you afforded the price on the only other available night(day 2?) If you got robbed, how did you make the cash with your 3 shilling income to afford the opium den on night 2?

I'm not lying at all. I would assume you would know when you spend money on an urchin as a day action, if it fails, you dont find out until the end of that night.

Anyone who has tried to hire an urchin and failed can tell you that Blade.

Night 0, I did nothing. I started with 10 shillings.
Day 1, spent 7 on hiring an urchin, and 5 on the opium den (leaving 1 spare shilling of the 13 I had).
End of night 1, I got my opium den PM which I shared with everyone at the time, and found out I had failed to hire an urchin as well as being robbed.

Im glad you are pressing me here, I am really sure others will come to my aid.

Do you have anyone who will vouch for you? I was hoping to draw someone in a trap, and maybe you are the bad guy who I trapped.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #1016
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, I am 100% certain that Blade is not Fagin.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #1017
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I would really like to understand what I witnessed last night. If it makes sense, it will buy a great deal of trust going forward.

My worry is that right now I have you spending a small fortune to hire an urchin on Day 1, who gives you information on Tyrith's death that points towards a prostitute as the only person in the district - information that was clearly incorrect. That was supposed to consume all of your money, but it did not. You then have additional urchin interactions - seeing RA spend money, for example.

Now, there is a role that has heavy ties to urchins and that role is included under the list of bad guys in this game ... which implies that we should eliminating Fagin as part of our victory conditions.
I did not spend 10 gold on day 1 for the urchin, and barkeep was not the only person the urchin saw in the district. I lied about both for different reasons. The first to trap a bad guy into doing what Alan has just done(lie about placing a bid, which i now know he did not) and the latter to protect raiders from the public eye.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #1018
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You are putting together what I was putting together I think.

Saldana actually originally caught it but since then backed off having got a good feeling about Blade. For me the opposite happened that after I looked at it closely, I started putting alot more together and have called him for it. I still believe he is Faigin. He never explained how he was out at night after spending all of his money, and I am curious if anyone saw him out last night when he wouldnt have had any money to be out either (with the 2 shillings a day he makes).

If anyone has been lying, its Blade, and now his actions against me pretty close to seal it for me. Blade better come clean soon, or I have a feeling this will end badly for him if he is truly good.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #1019
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'll vouch for Blade.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #1020
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fair enough, MrW. If that is not the case, I'm trying to understand what other role has the finances associated with Blade's declared actions (multiple urchins) and would be engaged in the manner I observed last night.

MrW, do you still believe you saw the same event as me last night?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #1021
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did not spend 10 gold on day 1 for the urchin, and barkeep was not the only person the urchin saw in the district. I lied about both for different reasons. The first to trap a bad guy into doing what Alan has just done(lie about placing a bid, which i now know he did not) and the latter to protect raiders from the public eye.

unvote Raiders Army
vote blade

Blade is lying here. If he says he knows I didnt place a bid for an urchin on day 1, its an outright lie. He's bad and I'll bet my life on it. There is no way he could know that as I did indeed place a bid and said so before anyone else even mentioned hiring urchins as an ability.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #1022
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you have anyone who will vouch for you? I was hoping to draw someone in a trap, and maybe you are the bad guy who I trapped.

The reverse has happened. I trapped you...my winning bid for the urchin on day one was 6 shillings. You just said this:

Quote:
and known that someone outbid my 7 shillings before anyone else said.

Im sorry Alan, you just made a fatal mistake...
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #1023
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Let me guess, your urchin also saw me in the district with barkeep and tyrith that night?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #1024
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
unvote Raiders Army
vote blade

Blade is lying here. If he says he knows I didnt place a bid for an urchin on day 1, its an outright lie. He's bad and I'll bet my life on it. There is no way he could know that as I did indeed place a bid and said so before anyone else even mentioned hiring urchins as an ability.

If you placed a bid of 7 shillings i would not have won the urchin bid, as i only offered 6. Thats how i know your lying alan.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #1025
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The reverse has happened. I trapped you...my winning bid for the urchin on day one was 6 shillings. You just said this:

Im sorry Alan, you just made a fatal mistake...

you would not have beaten my bid with 6 shillings.

I put an order in to have schmidty followed that night, and my bid was not taken and instead I was robbed.

If folks follow you on me, I insist everyone lynch Blade tommorrow after I turn up good, and dont let him weasel his way out of it. I'll turn up good, and for blade to say he knows stuff that he doesn't is a lie.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #1026
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you placed a bid of 7 shillings i would not have won the urchin bid, as i only offered 6. Thats how i know your lying alan.

Im fine with going with a me vs you lynch tonight. I'm sure I have people who will vouch for me. Now answer my question about if Im the other person you saw with Barkeep and Tyrith that night.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #1027
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, help me to finish connecting the dots here - on Day 2 why would you have a vested interest in protecting Raiders by not mentioning him in Commercial and isolating Barkeep?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #1028
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
you would not have beaten my bid with 6 shillings.

I put an order in to have schmidty followed that night, and my bid was not taken and instead I was robbed.

If folks follow you on me, I insist everyone lynch Blade tommorrow after I turn up good, and dont let him weasel his way out of it. I'll turn up good, and for blade to say he knows stuff that he doesn't is a lie.

I bid 6 shillings for the urchin to spy on commercial, and it succeeded. You can lie all day long, but my elaborate trap ive been setting the past 36 hours has just clamped shut on you
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #1029
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ok. can someone give me a down and dirty synopsis so I can know where to vote in the next half hour? I have a pizza to eat too!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #1030
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fair enough, MrW. If that is not the case, I'm trying to understand what other role has the finances associated with Blade's declared actions (multiple urchins) and would be engaged in the manner I observed last night.

I'm not certain you saw the exact events I did, or got the exact identification of one of the persons involved that I did.

We have the same interpretation of Schmidty.

My current belief about who Blade is, is not inconsistent with anything that I am aware of him avowing so far.

I'll go back from saying that I'm 100% sure he's not Fagin. I'm merely somewhere in the 90 to 95% range.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #1031
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, help me to finish connecting the dots here - on Day 2 why would you have a vested interest in protecting Raiders by not mentioning him in Commercial and isolating Barkeep?

Becuase if i shared what i saw it would give away his role..quite simply, its not my place or in the best interest of the good guys for me to do that to him.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #1032
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I bid 6 shillings for the urchin to spy on commercial, and it succeeded. You can lie all day long, but my elaborate trap ive been setting the past 36 hours has just clamped shut on you

Cool. I say I did try to hire an urchin and you say I don't. Everyone who believes you vote for me. and everyone who believes me vote for Blade.

Sounds like a fun time to me. If I get lynched, I want everyone to lynch Blade tommorrow as you will see I had no reason to lie. Wheras Blade has been lying this entire game.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #1033
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade isn't going to get lynched tomorrow.

At this point, I'm going to trust his play. At worst, we force Alan into a reveal that I don't think is going to hurt us overmuch.

VOTE Alan T

Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #1034
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Im fine with going with a me vs you lynch tonight. I'm sure I have people who will vouch for me. Now answer my question about if Im the other person you saw with Barkeep and Tyrith that night.

No, were nowhere in my note left for me at my place of residence at the end of night 1 from the urchin
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #1035
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I should say, unless something remarkable happens tonight, Blade isn't going to get lynched tomorrow.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #1036
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Schmidty was around to discuss his version of events from last night I'm sure that could cinch my vote in one direction or the other.

DaddyTorgo - there is a showdown right now between Alan and Blade, with each convinced that the other is a bad guy. It revolves around money spent hiring an urchin during Day/Night 1. If you have to get a vote in right now you should cast it on one of those two guys. Only about 50 posts or so to read (recent stuff) to get the gist of the discussion.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #1037
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow, usually blade vs alant fights are stupid but this is really interesting. One of the two are lying, but which one?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #1038
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I hired one urchin for 6 shillings hoops, not multiple and not a fortune spent. It is the fact my bid of 6 worked and Alan is claiming his bid of 7 did not that forces me to say hes lying.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #1039
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Blade isn't going to get lynched tomorrow.

At this point, I'm going to trust his play. At worst, we force Alan into a reveal that I don't think is going to hurt us overmuch.

VOTE Alan T

I don't have anything to reveal. Im the role that I said I was the entire game. I am a cooper (I didnt even know what a cooper was until this game and had to look it up). I am a normal Londoner.

I'll leave it up to others if they feel I am worth saving or not. I just say for the good people to keep track of people who push hardest for my lynch. I assure you I will end up being good and you will know who to lynch tommorrow.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #1040
hoopsguy
General Manager

For now, I'll side with the player who has someone vouching for him in Blade. I've actually seen Blade at night as well, but have not witnessed Alan out and about, which is a small strike against him.

I'm hoping Schmidty can come in and clear up his meeting last night to help cement this vote.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 11-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #1041
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Alan, if you're a victim of misleading circumstance, then I truly regret the result of our actions. However, I think the circumstances dictate the action.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #1042
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Normally I would say me being an ordinary villager it doesnt matter if you lose me or not. But I hate seeing Blade fool the rest of you big time.

I also think a run away vote would be very unhelpful. I think you all should keep it a close vote, and keep track of who is willing to put their life on the line to swear I am a bad guy.

I am who I say I am.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #1043
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm fairly certain that Blade is not intentionally misleading us. It's possible that the circumstances are misleading him, but given who I think he is, he has no reason (aside from shockingly loose play) to concoct a story to try to put you on the block.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #1044
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, any information you feel like you can reveal about your confidence in Blade would definitely be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #1045
path12
Coordinator

I have more trust in Blade to this point than Alan, so for now I'm going to have to vote with him.

VOTE ALAN T

It is day 3, isn't it?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #1046
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, if you're a victim of misleading circumstance, then I truly regret the result of our actions. However, I think the circumstances dictate the action.

I disagree, and think its very fishy for you to start your backtracking before Im even lynched since you know I will end up good. Its interesting to me that three of the people who have had no one vouch for them (Mr.W, St.Cronin and Blade) are the ones leading the charge.

This isnt a victim of circumstance at all. I dont mind dying, but I think you should keep it close so people are held accountable for their actions. I don't hold hoops vote against him as I feel pretty confident he is good. The rest of you however are fair game as far as I am concerned.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:44 PM   #1047
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Normally I would say me being an ordinary villager it doesnt matter if you lose me or not. But I hate seeing Blade fool the rest of you big time.

I also think a run away vote would be very unhelpful. I think you all should keep it a close vote, and keep track of who is willing to put their life on the line to swear I am a bad guy.

I am who I say I am.

Alan, as a bad guy a 1-1 is a very bad idea for me. Much like yesterday when i went after lathum with hoops, im serving the side of good.

Secondly, asking us to keep it close just makes me even more sure. Since you wont back off of your 7 shilling claim, you must die
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #1048
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that Blade is not intentionally misleading us. It's possible that the circumstances are misleading him, but given who I think he is, he has no reason (aside from shockingly loose play) to concoct a story to try to put you on the block.

Well, we get to find out after the game if hes a good guy on why he says he knows for sure that I didnt try to get an urchin when I did. But using a KISS philosophy, I find it highly more likely I know the real reason for someone saying I didnt do something that I did.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #1049
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, as a bad guy a 1-1 is a very bad idea for me. Much like yesterday when i went after lathum with hoops, im serving the side of good.

Secondly, asking us to keep it close just makes me even more sure. Since you wont back off of your 7 shilling claim, you must die

Why dont you want it close? so your fellow bad guys will be caught out in the open for who they are?

If you landslide on me, and I turn up good, all you know is Blade lied. If you keep it close, you get to find out who is going to go out of their way to condemn a good person and you have Blade + someone else.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #1050
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
MrW, any information you feel like you can reveal about your confidence in Blade would definitely be appreciated.
I think anything more would essentially be a full reveal, which I am only willing to do if he's in imminent danger.