Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #501
path12
Coordinator

Thomkal's reference to Anxiety in #462 reads as speculation to me, I don't think he had any special insight since he was referring to the post count/jail theory from last night.

But ntn's account is far more interesting and I am eager to see what Anxiety has to say about that. Too bad Chief is not going to be around before deadline, that really throws a wrench into things.

I have nothing to report from last night's results.

For now,

Elect Saldana
Old 10-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

SnDvls: I don't think we're going to hear from Chief before the deadline.

Spleen: I agree that is a possiblity. I think it's entirely possible for any two of Lathum, Anxiety, Chief, and ntn to be Cowboys and to have created some sort of mutually protective scheme for each other.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #503
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
here's where I stand right now

elect Saldana - no reason to doubt him now

lynch lathum - until I hear other wise from CR/Anxiety

Jail NTN - Until I hear other wise from CR/Anxiety

Jail Anxiety - Until I hear other wise from CR

I know that means I'm putting a lot of turst/info in CR's hands, but he could help a lot right now and the people coming out are doing the same.

How come you are more suspicious of NTN and Anxiety than CR?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I don't think we should jail Anxiety. I think he is good for now.

VOTE GOLDEN EAGLE for lynch

ELECT SALDANA for sheriff

JAIL CHEIF RUM

I agree, what was CR doing at Anxiety's house?

Hoops, can you actually vote to lynch more than one person?

You can vote to lynch anyone that is in jail. You are only limited by who the candidates are. You can vote for all of the people in jail if you wish.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #505
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
How come you believe Anxiety above all the other suspicious actors?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #506
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

You can vote to lynch anyone that is in jail. You are only limited by who the candidates are. You can vote for all of the people in jail if you wish.

In that case, add

VOTE LATHUM for lynch as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #507
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

they all are banking on CR to bail them out, who won't be on to confirm or deny, just struck me as odd.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #508
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
How come you believe Anxiety above all the other suspicious actors?

It seems there may be more townies out of their house than cowboys, each night. So, I don't see being out of your house as bad. You are either a Cowboy or a townie performing a beneficial role.

I would rather leave Anxiety free and give someone a chance to clear him.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #509
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm working 2-10:30pm tonight so I def have to vote before I go to work. I may change these before I leave if more info comes out but...

Lynch Goldeneagle
Elect Saldana
Jail Anxiety
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #510
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ahh ok.

So the mortician is the one who gets what the occupation is. That's useful to know.

AlanT, can both townies and cowboys end up getting the mortician job?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #511
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AlanT, can both townies and cowboys end up getting the mortician job?

For gameplay purposes, the mechanism that decides who receives the occupation of mortician is left unsaid. For CoT purposes, you'll have to assume it could be anyone in the town.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #512
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For gameplay purposes, the mechanism that decides who receives the occupation of mortician is left unsaid. For CoT purposes, you'll have to assume it could be anyone in the town.

Well, if it could be anyone I was going to suggest the mortician simply announce the results of their autopsy (roles, I assume). If anyone can get the role, the cowboys would likely not just kill the mortician as it would indicate a cowboy has the role in a round when the mortician is killed. That would allow us to get the info out quickly.

It is sounding more like the mortician is always a townie, but we are not going to get to know that for sure.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #513
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm finding it interesting to see who trusts who out of the Lathum/Chief/Anxiety/NTN grouping. Not sure how this will shake out later in the game, but I like having groupings of players this early in the game.

I'm really hoping Anxiety has something to add on this when he shows up today, otherwise it seems like our conversation is going to be very, very speculative.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #514
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

To answer some of the allegations. you are right that just because that Lathum saw the same thing I did, does not neccesarily make him good. IT does give him a benefit of the doubt with me. I realize that both townspeople and cowboys were out and about. The reason that Chief Rum is more likely to be good because of this, is the fact that someone else was killed. SO it at least appears that Chief Rum did not kill Thomkal. I assume the same thing right now of Lathum as well.
As far as Chief Rum clearing anyone. I was not assuming he would one way or another. I came forward because I did not know when CR would be back and I wanted to give everyone the benifit of my knowledge.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #515
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, any strong reason to believe Rum is bad? Your votes suggest you feel this way compared to the other candidates in the Night 1 gathering.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #516
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
To answer some of the allegations. you are right that just because that Lathum saw the same thing I did, does not neccesarily make him good. IT does give him a benefit of the doubt with me. I realize that both townspeople and cowboys were out and about. The reason that Chief Rum is more likely to be good because of this, is the fact that someone else was killed. SO it at least appears that Chief Rum did not kill Thomkal. I assume the same thing right now of Lathum as well.
As far as Chief Rum clearing anyone. I was not assuming he would one way or another. I came forward because I did not know when CR would be back and I wanted to give everyone the benifit of my knowledge.

this doesn't necessarly mean CR is good. If we choose to believe Lathum he did his night action then was jailed by saldana's night action. CR could have easily been able to go out and make a kill if he was a cowboy after the two visits. Heck he might have been waiting to kill Anxiety and the two knocks on the door suprised him. I'll still be waiting for Anxiety and CR for more clarification.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #517
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Not that I think it's going to end up mattering but...

Unlynch Goldeneagle
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #518
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have alot on my plate at work today so I will not be able to defend myself. I also have plans afterwork and do not really have time to play tonight. But if you want to lynch me, go ahead. You would be making a mistake but I personally think it is BS I am in jail anyway.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #519
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lynch votes so far, as of Post #518. Need 11 to lynch someone:

Lathum 4 -- Hoopsguy (481), St Cronin (493), SnDvls (499), Gram (506)
GoldenEagle 2 -- Hoopsguy (481), Gramm (500)
Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #520
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No offense to Golden Eagle, as I completley respect the "I don't have time" thing, but at least making some defense would have been nice before going away. And a vote. I hope he comes back and gives some semblanace of a defense. I mean I don't need to be posting as frequently as I do, but it would be nice to have something to look at and say "yeah he's a good guy".

Vote Golden
Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #521
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No offense to Golden Eagle, as I completley respect the "I don't have time" thing, but at least making some defense would have been nice before going away. And a vote. I hope he comes back and gives some semblanace of a defense. I mean I don't need to be posting as frequently as I do, but it would be nice to have something to look at and say "yeah he's a good guy".

Vote Golden
See reasoning above when i say

Lynch Golden

I am still awaiting more information about Lathum, via Anxiety, before I go in a direction there.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #522
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

since I have a while that I will be away from the 'puter. Iwill throw my vote out there.

Lynch GE
Free Lathum
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #523
hoopsguy
General Manager

Question in terms of the vote count posts - do you want me to track the Jail/Free votes as well? Remember, they are not binding and Saldana gets to make his own decisions on this. But tracking them may help Saldana have hard numbers on what the people want him to do.

Similarly, I'm not inclined to track the Sheriff votes unless people are voting for another Sheriff. A vote for Saldana is the same as a non-vote, as stated by Alan T. So if someone is voting for a new Sheriff I would include those in my tallies.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #524
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well honestly I would like all the votes tracked as it gives me a sense of who has made up their mind, more or less, and who is still thinking things over/failed to vote. So even though my voting for saldana is effectively meaningless, I think it's useful for people to know that I have basically decided that I'm sticking with saldana for the day. Might not matter much today when there is no talk of replacing saldana, but would certainly matter on a day when there is any talk of a new sheriff.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #525
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Jail Anxiety
Jail Spleen1015
Vote Golden Eage

I would explain my choices now, but I have to get to class. I will explain them later.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #526
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Vote Golden Eagle

Revoting since I mispelled his name in my first post.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #527
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Jail Anxiety
Jail Spleen1015
Vote Golden Eage

I would explain my choices now, but I have to get to class. I will explain them later.

well you'll have to let us know what you are voting GE for too. to be lynched or freed?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #528
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - hom much later? 1 hour, 6 hours?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #529
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Well honestly I would like all the votes tracked as it gives me a sense of who has made up their mind, more or less, and who is still thinking things over/failed to vote. So even though my voting for saldana is effectively meaningless, I think it's useful for people to know that I have basically decided that I'm sticking with saldana for the day. Might not matter much today when there is no talk of replacing saldana, but would certainly matter on a day when there is any talk of a new sheriff.

I agree with this.

On anther note...

As time goes bad, I am not feeling good about what is going on with Lathum, ntndeacon, Anxiety, and CR. I just feel like we're being setup to get rid of villagers. I really think we need to look hard at Lathum and ntndeacon. This is only my 3rd game, but I have a hard time believing that anyone would be so forth coming with all of this information. I'm not seeing anything that changes my mind, but I am seeing more that convinces me. Maybe it is just a CoT, but I can't believe that at this point in the game.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #530
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, any strong reason to believe Rum is bad? Your votes suggest you feel this way compared to the other candidates in the Night 1 gathering.

I just think it's more suspicious that he was hanging out in somebody's house than that somebody was not at home. To me, it suggests that house may have been a meeting place.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #531
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But what throws me cronin, as that was my first guess too, is that rum is there but NOT anxiety. I mean if Anxiety is hosting a meeting did he go get peaches or something and just leave CR there?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #532
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Jail Anxiety
Jail Spleen1015
Vote Golden Eage

This screams wolf vote to me. Everyone else is waiting to hear from Anxiety before making up their minds. Yet, you vote for him. I haven't done anything to be suspicious of. No one else is looking in my direction. Why are you? Could you be a wolf scared at my assumptions on ntndeacon and Lathum? GE is just a bandwagon vote in an attempt to disguise yourself.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #533
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jail votes, as of Post #531:
Anxiety 3 -- SnDvls (499), Chubby (509), Racer (525)

Chief Rum 2 -- St Cronin (493), Gramm (500)

NTN 1 -- SnDvls (499)

Spleen 1 -- Racer (525)

Going forward, I'll publish lynch and jail votes together. Just wanted to remind people that only the lynch votes are binding. Which may have ramifications in terms of noting bad guy voting patterns for jail. Lynch, I'm sure they will fight hard for their people. Jail? Maybe they don't dig in as hard since it is Saldana and not the masses who make this call.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
But what throws me cronin, as that was my first guess too, is that rum is there but NOT anxiety. I mean if Anxiety is hosting a meeting did he go get peaches or something and just leave CR there?

Maybe Anxiety was out killing? Or maybe Anxiety was ... occupied, either with a brothel girl, or with some booze, or with something else. I don't have any special insight.

I will say that I am sure that the tale is true, as presented by Lathum and ntndeacon. What it means requires interpretation, though.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #535
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I agree with this.

On anther note...

As time goes bad, I am not feeling good about what is going on with Lathum, ntndeacon, Anxiety, and CR. I just feel like we're being setup to get rid of villagers. I really think we need to look hard at Lathum and ntndeacon. This is only my 3rd game, but I have a hard time believing that anyone would be so forth coming with all of this information. I'm not seeing anything that changes my mind, but I am seeing more that convinces me. Maybe it is just a CoT, but I can't believe that at this point in the game.

It would be pretty unlikely (and dumb) for two bad guys to present the same lie about what happened at night.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #536
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, if you are sure the tale is true then why did you vote to lynch Lathum? How do you interpret Lathum (who you voted to lynch) encountering Chief Rum (who you voted to jail) and having these events largely validated by ntndeacon (who did not factor in your votes)?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #537
st.cronin
General Manager

My rationale for lynching Lathum is, it gives us information. He has vouched for CR, with a story which I think makes it more likely that CR is bad. So if Lathum comes up cowboy, it's a good bet that CR is, too.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #538
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Maybe Anxiety was out killing? Or maybe Anxiety was ... occupied, either with a brothel girl, or with some booze, or with something else. I don't have any special insight.

I will say that I am sure that the tale is true, as presented by Lathum and ntndeacon. What it means requires interpretation, though.

So how does it make CR bad? maybe anxiety is the brothel girl and CR's vice is women and CR was going for a booty call? Just trying to see how this makes CR bad or more bad vs. Anxiety from your point of view.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #539
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops - see above for my rationale

I think it's virtually certain that either Lathum or ntndeacon is villager, and it's certainly possible that both are. I can understand not wanting to lynch Lathum, but for heaven's sake let's leave him in jail.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #540
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
So how does it make CR bad? maybe anxiety is the brothel girl and CR's vice is women and CR was going for a booty call? Just trying to see how this makes CR bad or more bad vs. Anxiety from your point of view.

CR was in somebody's house, answering the door. Anxiety could have been doing any number of things. He could have been buying bread. He could have been on a fishing trip.

CR's presence in the wrong place strikes me as much more sinister than Anxiety's absence.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #541
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm waiting to see how Anxiety fits into this before going too far down this path, Cronin. We are leading charmed lives if we bag two Cowboys (one already in jail) out of this affair.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #542
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
hoops - see above for my rationale

I think it's virtually certain that either Lathum or ntndeacon is villager, and it's certainly possible that both are. I can understand not wanting to lynch Lathum, but for heaven's sake let's leave him in jail.

Absolutely agree with this as a fall-back position. If we lynch one person today Saldana can still put two new people in jail tonight. But if we don't lynch anyone then Saldana can only put one new person in jail.

I definitely want to see a lynching take place today to get us more information. If there are not any reasons not to, I don't mind seeing two lynchings ... we didn't get one on Day 1 so in a sense we are already a day behind.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #543
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well here's the thing: If I'm breaking into somebody's house, I don't answer the door. If I've been invited in, though, and the guy isn't around I'd answer the door. So this makes me think Rum had permission to be there.

But again this is all speculation which could be clarified by Anxiety.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #544
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well here's the thing: If I'm breaking into somebody's house, I don't answer the door. If I've been invited in, though, and the guy isn't around I'd answer the door. So this makes me think Rum had permission to be there.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #545
st.cronin
General Manager

I definitely agree that Anxiety can shed a lot of light on this mystery. I'm just getting my theory out there, because the convential wisdom that was developing is, to me, wholly unfounded.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #546
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

you also have to look at not only did he answer the door, but he did it twice.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #547
Barkeep49
Coordinator

An even better point.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #548
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

What do you think it means that CR had permission to be there?

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #549
Tyrith
College Starter

LYNCH ALANT...because I'm probably not allowed to lynch anyone else, not playing and all.

SIDE NOTE - Want to talk about destroyed post counts, look at mine.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #550
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, had seen you lurking ... hope to play with you in another game soon.