Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #551
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
LYNCH ALANT...because I'm probably not allowed to lynch anyone else, not playing and all.

SIDE NOTE - Want to talk about destroyed post counts, look at mine.

And I thought I lost alot of posts Good to see you Tyrith
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #552
SnDvls
Pro Starter

finally anxiety is here to clear up some info I hope
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #553
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm - lots of stuff going on. I think Lathum is innocent, actually. In fact, I think I know exactly what Lathum's role is.

I'm fairly comfortable role-revealing because it should help Lathum, but hurt ntndeacon.

I'm the actor. Each night, I can choose someone to mimic. Last night, I chose to mimic Chief Rum. The benefit of this is that if someone tries to come for me, they'll see the other person and leave. The disadvantage is that if I memic someone who is targeted by anyone, then I might get their target. So if I had mimiced Thomkal last night, I'd likely be dead now.

When Lathum came, and saw me as Chief Rum, he was honest and nice and friendly. ntndeacon came later and was mean and unfriendly. I saw Lathum with an item that I beleive indicates his role, and knowing his role, I beleive we should A) not vote to lynch Lathum and B) free Lathum tonight.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #554
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, that clears everything up. Not.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #555
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

unjail Anxiety
jail ntndeacon
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #556
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

off to work

I still think we shouldn't lynch anyone in jail so I won't vote to lynch anyone.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #557
SnDvls
Pro Starter

can I ask why you chose CR to mimic? anything that jumped out at you for the choice?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #558
st.cronin
General Manager

We need ntndeacon to reveal his role, now, I think.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #559
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well that clears up my confusion last night. I did apologize for disturbing "Chief Rum" after peeking into your house looking for you ,Anxiety. I don't know if you noticed the item I had or not. But that should give you an idea on my role as well.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #560
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote lynch lathum

for now ...

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #561
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Fine if it is the consensus I will role reveal after my next class. I would prefer to keep it hidden, but iwill leave it to y'all to decide whether or not ishould.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #562
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unlynch lathum
unjail anxiety
unjail ntn
free lathum

as it seems more info is now coming out I guess...looks like it will be a long day of decisions...good thing it's slow at work right now.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #563
saldana
Pro Starter

heres what i can add to this as the town sheriff:

i arrested GE first....he was at his house in the northeast part of town, didnt seem to be fixin to have any callers, and came in all quiet like when i told him to.

then i went to Lathum's...he lives in the southeast part of town. he wasnt there when i banged on the door, so i headed off to look for him...found him coming back towards his place from the west. this places him in the southwest, which is where Thomkal bought it, which troubles me a bit.

question to alan, is there any info as to how thomkal got killed, i.e. shot, stabbed, strangled, drowned, etc)

as far as their defenses go, i think i have been over time one of the most understanding people in the history of werewolf about IRL things getting in the way, often being the player to stand up for the absent person, but that dont change the fact that people that aint around for days at a time aint helpin us none.

at this point, i ain't ready to vote until i hears from Alan bout my question...i'll be home/back on around 5:30
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #564
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
can I ask why you chose CR to mimic? anything that jumped out at you for the choice?

I didn't think he would be killed or jailed last night, so I mimiced him. He was the safest choice I could think of.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #565
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

question to alan, is there any info as to how thomkal got killed, i.e. shot, stabbed, strangled, drowned, etc)

For information on the cause of death, you'll likely have to ask the person who buried him. I bet he knows.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #566
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stop. Okay ntndeacon, I looked more closely at the pm, and read into it a bit. I read the role list, and I think you are right. Nobody ask ntndeacon to reveal, I think he's good to go for now.

Although, ntndeacon, I've seen too many westerns where your role ends up being a bad guy

Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #567
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
heres what i can add to this as the town sheriff:

i arrested GE first....he was at his house in the northeast part of town, didnt seem to be fixin to have any callers, and came in all quiet like when i told him to.

then i went to Lathum's...he lives in the southeast part of town. he wasnt there when i banged on the door, so i headed off to look for him...found him coming back towards his place from the west. this places him in the southwest, which is where Thomkal bought it, which troubles me a bit.

as far as their defenses go, i think i have been over time one of the most understanding people in the history of werewolf about IRL things getting in the way, often being the player to stand up for the absent person, but that dont change the fact that people that aint around for days at a time aint helpin us none.

at this point, i ain't ready to vote until i hears from Alan bout my question...i'll be home/back on around 5:30

How could Lathum have been knocking on my door looking for me and killing Thomkal at the same time?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #568
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My pm last night does say that I hear gunshots after I am visited by both people, to be fair.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #569
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
My pm last night does say that I hear gunshots after I am visited by both people, to be fair.

of ntn & lathum would you consider one over the other to be the killer based on what they had in their hand? not say either is or was just your feeling on what they had without telling us what they had
Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #570
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I haven't done anything to be suspicious of. No one else is looking in my direction.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #571
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Sounds like Lathum needs to tell us why he was in the SW.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #572
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I based my comment on the fact that Racer is the only one to publically suspect anything about me.

There is no need to be suspicious of me. I'm a villager for sure.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #573
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
of ntn & lathum would you consider one over the other to be the killer based on what they had in their hand? not say either is or was just your feeling on what they had without telling us what they had

If I had to choose one of them to be the killer despite the fact that both were at my door that night, well, I think I know there roles, so I'd just be guessing which role is more likely to be a bad guy. I'm not sure that's something I feel comfortable doing.

After reviewing my pm description several times, I am positive I know ntndeacon's role and pretty sure I know Lathum's. So, if I had to chose, I'd chose LAthum as the badd guy simply because I have more confidence in my knopwledge of ntndeacon's role that I do Lathum's role, if that makes sense.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #574
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
If I had to choose one of them to be the killer despite the fact that both were at my door that night, well, I think I know there roles, so I'd just be guessing which role is more likely to be a bad guy. I'm not sure that's something I feel comfortable doing.

After reviewing my pm description several times, I am positive I know ntndeacon's role and pretty sure I know Lathum's. So, if I had to chose, I'd chose LAthum as the badd guy simply because I have more confidence in my knopwledge of ntndeacon's role that I do Lathum's role, if that makes sense.

fair answer, thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #575
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I guess my next question is

Did anyone else hear gun shots last night?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #576
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Disclaimer: This is my first werewolf game so I could be totally off base by my accusations. My only only werewolf experience that I have comes from the Beginner's werewolf game which I followed rather closely.

Also,

Lynch Golden Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Sure it is. Like I said, I was just starting some where.

Here's something else...

I don't like Barkeep's big push for role reveals. He may in fact be the bartender, but that doesn't mean he's a good guy. I think is he a cowboy trying to set the rest of us up. I also worry that those 2 votes for him are cowboys as well.

I know the first couple of days are a crapshoot, but it is better to apply some logic and get lucky than to just blindly pick.

I think we should avoid electing Barkeep, Chief Rum, or Racer as sheriff for the time being.

I found it odd at the time that Spleen accused us three of possibly being Cowboys. Here he says that we should apply logic yet both Chief and I applied logic for our choice as sheriff. He never accused anyone else who said their pick was random. Therefore, I think Spleen may have searched for a decent sized group of people that he could casually suggest were Cowboys and hope someone would take off with that suggestion. I believe Golden Eagle used similar tactics in the Beginner's game.

I believe the Cowboys did not go after Barkeep last night because they were afraid he would be protected and they wanted to be sure to get a kill. However, I was a bit surprised they did not go after Spleen when no one else suggested so many people as possible Cowboys. By killing Spleen, it would have greatly raised suspicion on whether or not Barkeep, Chief, and I are Cowboys and I don't think any of us are.

I also thought that Spleen was very quick to defend Anxiety in post 495 and steer the conversation elsewhere on who to put in jail today.

I voted to put Anxiety in jail based on what Lathum said and because of Spleen's strong defense against putting him in jail.

I also found it strange that Spleen is using such strong language such as "screams" when I voted to put him in jail.

I voted to lynch Golden Eagle today because I want to put both Spleen and Anxiety in jail today. Four people can't be in jail and once and since Golden Eagle hasn't posted hardly at all, he isn't really helping the villagers.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #577
Racer
College Benchwarmer

One hole in my theory though is that Anxiety has since posted that he heard gunshots last night which I did also.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #578
spleen1015
Coordinator

I admit that I am fast to start posting theories. I do this to see if there is anyone else out there who picked up on some of the same things I did. This doesn't make me a bad guy though.

You can get me thrown in jail and lynched if you want. You'll see after it is all said and done that you wasted your vote(s) jailing and lynching me.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #579
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
One hole in my theory though is that Anxiety has since posted that he heard gunshots last night which I did also.

When you're the one holding the gun, you can't help but hear them.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #580
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like we don't need to hear from Chief Rum on this after all. Nice plot twist, Alan.

UNVOTE LYNCH LATHUM
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #581
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well it appears that we have a little 3 way COT developing between Lathum, Anxiety, and ntn. Most interesting indeed.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #582
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola:
Just to be clear I am ready to suggest that not only is Lathum not executed, but with Anxiety basically vouching for him that Lathum should be released from jail.

With that mystery out the way I think it might be time to start talking about night actions. It now seems that many of us, I've counted at least 4 people, have night actions. I will be honest I want to use my night action again, as I think that it's useful not just to me as a player, but potentially the whole village. However, using my night action again would make me tired. I don't then want to be accused of being a cowboy because I am tired. So, what I'm asking, is do people generally agree that those with helpful roles should use their roles, even if it makes them tired? If the agreement is no, I will likely not use my power.

And let me just say again I am not really a seer. One reason I want to use my action tonight is to see if the kind of information I got last night, which is useful, but not extremely useful, is typical of what I will be getting or was specific to the way I performed the action last night.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #583
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am going to see The Departed now. Should be back in in about 3 hours and will be around until lynch. I am hoping that we get a consensus going on Golden as I think that his defense of "I shouldn't need to make a defense" is weak. With Lathum being vouched for I would also hope to see him released from the jail cell come tonight.

I am also very curious as to what our sheriff is thinking. He's got the most important role in the whole game and I think it is incumbant upon saldana, and whoever may hold the role after him, to be as upfront with us possible.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #584
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Current vote totals as far as I have them:

election votes: (11 votes needed for new sheriff)

No Sheriff votes currently.

lynch votes: (11 votes needed for lynch)

(1) lathum - Grammaticus (506)
(5) goldeneagle - hoopsguy (481), grammaticus (500), Barkeep (521), Ntndeacon (522), Racer (576)
Old 10-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #585
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night actions - I don't think there is any way that you can be Tired in the morning and not draw attention to yourself. We have to act with the information at hand and that is part of the information that is available to us. If the value of your night action is such that you are willing to face additional scrutiny, then you should do it. If the value of the night action isn't worth the heat, then maybe it makes sense to take a night off.

I'm hoping that some of the night actions will lend themselves towards clearing, rather than raising suspicion. So if "Player X" is tired, and I was a target of a benevolent night action, I can link myself to Player X by strongly encouraging people to not lynch him. Don't know if this would apply to your situation or not, but that would be one scenario where I would strongly encourage someone to use their night action every time out.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #586
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Barkeep - I tend to agree w/ hoops on this regarding night actions and being tired.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #587
SnDvls
Pro Starter

lynch goldeneagle
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #588
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

UNVOTE LATHUM for lynch

Based upon the current information.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #589
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

To add to Hoops' comment on being tired drawing scrutiny. If you are showing as tired, the cowboys will know you got something of value and I'm sure that would make you a target or at least raise the attractiveness of targeting you.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #590
path12
Coordinator

Absolutely -- if you have actions that benefit the village, you should by all means take as much advantage of them as you can. We have the advantage in this game where one day's worth of suspicion won't kill you if you have a valuable role -- you have a whole other day to either convince or see if other events clear you.

Being tired will get attention, but I believe the benefits can outweigh the negatives in this game.

LYNCH GOLDEN EAGLE

Still not sure about who I'd recommend jailing.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #591
path12
Coordinator

Dola, it looks like Gram and I may see the tired factor differently.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #592
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think it is something to think about, it can be a benefit, but it definately outs the fact that you have a night action and if you aint a cowboy, they know you are of higher value to kill.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #593
SnDvls
Pro Starter

people that have come out and said they have a night action that a assume will be tired tomorrow.

Saladna - sheriff (does he get tired from this role?)
Barkeep
Anxiety
ntn

lathum said his was one time use so if he's tired it will raise a few eyebrows.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #594
Racer
College Benchwarmer

If Anxiety's claim that he pretended to be Chief Rum is true, then Chief Rum can verify that neither Lathum nor ntndeacon visited him last night. If Chief Rum says otherwise, then either Anxiety or Chief Rum is lieing and one is probably a Cowboy. I think there is a very slight chance that Anxiety, Lathum, and ntndeacon all could be Cowboys, but I doubt they would want to risk fabricating a story like this that links them together that would make them all appear to be Cowboys. I am still suspicious of Spleen though.

unjail Anxiety
Old 10-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #595
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
unlynch lathum
unjail anxiety
unjail ntn
free lathum

as it seems more info is now coming out I guess...looks like it will be a long day of decisions...good thing it's slow at work right now.

I don't think there is any reason to free lathum if he can only use his night action once during the game. He cannot be killed by the Cowboys while in jail so it is like if a protector was able to give one specific player protection for the entire game.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #596
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I don't think there is any reason to free lathum if he can only use his night action once during the game. He cannot be killed by the Cowboys while in jail so it is like if a protector was able to give one specific player protection for the entire game.

unless it was a cover to say that. I'm willing to take that risk.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #597
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - and put that doubt in the cowboys head too.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #598
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Another problem with releasing Lathum though is that it only allows Saldana to jail one person tonight since he is limited to two actions a night.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #599
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
people that have come out and said they have a night action that a assume will be tired tomorrow.

Saladna - sheriff (does he get tired from this role?)
Barkeep
Anxiety
ntn

lathum said his was one time use so if he's tired it will raise a few eyebrows.

I am just guessing here. I bet that both Lathum and myself could perform a night action and NOT apear tired, since our last attempt was rebuffed. I might be misreading the rules there. But if Lathum's was a one time thing wouldn't he still have it since he could not use it on Anxiety?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #600
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Why is everyone lynching me just to be lynching someone? What is the evidence against me? Yes, I forgot to vote. I coach soccer on Monday and Wednesday and went to practice forgetting about the vote. I was not going to leave practice to go vote for WW.

If someone could give me any evidence for voting other than the whole he forgot to vote deal, I will be impressed.