Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #651
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I should be let out because I have role that could potentailly help the townfolk down the line. Saldana, you should be able to confirm that I did not attempt to get away when you came in and arrested me. I am not sure if anyone else can collborate my story at this point. I do not even have a story to be honest. How is lathum being cleared and I am not?

Anyway, I understand I am in jail for not voting. I just think that is a crappy reason to kill someone when they could benefit the town down the road.

i already says that you dint fight none when i cuffed ya, but that dont mean nothin, seein as how i got no frame of reference, since i aint cuffed anyone I know is a cowboy....as far as the bolded part above(bold mine), you is gonna havta do better'en that
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #652
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Was there a special mechanic in that game that made not lynching a good thing? I don't see a benefit in this game.

Yes, but mostly it worked out because there was so information flow outside the lynches, that they were able to corner the badguys pretty quick. I was a badguy in that game, and I wept whenever I saw a goodguy on the block not get lynched.

I don't know anything about GE, and I don't think lynching him is a TERRIBLE idea. I just don't think we should feel like we have to.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #653
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
So, Lathum why did you assume that you would be jailed and lynched? I thought Saldana was the only one that put forward the idea of jailing you? Was anybody else suggesting that yesterday?

saldana is my best friend in real life and he owes me payback for the pharaoh game. I knew he was gonna jail me, we share a brain in the real world.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #654
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I totally agree with St. Cronin. I feel we are miles ahead of the cowboys right now and are not a day behind like everybody keeps claiming. We should free Lathum and throw somebody else in jail. Keep GE in jail until he spills what he knows, but dont execute him.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #655
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, FWIW

LYNCH GE

We need the information, also Spleen is all over the place trying to throw blame on everyone, I think he is a good candidate to throw in jail.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #656
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont trust people who know one another in real life playing this game together. Too suspicious.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #657
Fouts
College Starter

Due to saldana's information, I won't be voting to lynch Lathum. I leave for class in an hour, and will vote to lynch GE if he doesn't give a great reason not to lynch him.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #658
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ok, FWIW

LYNCH GE

We need the information, also Spleen is all over the place trying to throw blame on everyone, I think he is a good candidate to throw in jail.

I would have voted to jail spleen, too, but I think he is just an overeager townsperson.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #659
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So if fouts would have forgotten to vote and had a busy day at work yesterday he would be in jail about to be lynched? Or Barkeep, or st.cronin? Or me? That sounds like a shitty deal. I definitly wont be voting to lynch unless somebody gives me a great reason why.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #660
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So if fouts would have forgotten to vote and had a busy day at work yesterday he would be in jail about to be lynched? Or Barkeep, or st.cronin? Or me? That sounds like a shitty deal. I definitly wont be voting to lynch unless somebody gives me a great reason why.

I think it depends on who it is. GE is notorious for not helping the good guys. He is very quiet and doesn't offer up much information. So lynching him doesn't hurt us much. Get it?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #661
Fouts
College Starter

Heck, I just convinced myself.

lynch GE
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #662
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

Actually not voting is one of the worst things a villager can do, it always helps the wolves. So, when you do not have anything stronger to go on, it is the best reason to lynch.

Also, if non voters got lynched as a practice, non voting would simply stop.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #663
spleen1015
Coordinator

UNLYNCH Lathum

For obvious reasons.

Fouts is correct. As I stated earlier, this is my third game. So, I am inexperienced. I am trying to help the villagers in whatever way that I can. I will cool my jets with all of my theories flying around.

I'm not opposed to being jailed, either. I like the protection and I think I can convince you guys not to lynch my villager ass tomorrow.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #664
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
ok, several people heard shots, so assumin thats how tomkal bought it, lathum is clean....when i carted him into the slammer, i relieved him of his six shooter....it was cold, and had not been fired, so lathum could not have shot thomkal.

not sure if i should let him out tonight, or jail two new people, cuz unless GE starts having something to say, w'all are gonna need a rope come nightfall.

I don't think it clears him entirely, it just clears him from last night. He could still be a cowboy with a gun.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #665
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Also, LSG we are more likely to lynch a good guy than a bad guy regardless. But not lynching statistically supports a wolf win. Also, lynching a non voter either gets rid of a wolf or a townie who is not playing.

You don't want the end game to come down to someone that does not have a continuous voting history.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #666
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I would have voted to jail spleen, too, but I think he is just an overeager townsperson.

I'm on the fence with him but wouldn't mind putting him on the spot a little more....
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #667
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Spleen, it is probably better to defend yourself against jailing. If you are jailed, you are only one of potentially three lynch options. You may get lynched because you are a better option than the other two.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #668
spleen1015
Coordinator

My only actions in this game has been reading what everyone else posts and trying to read things into that and come up with some ideas on who could be what based on what I am reading. I admit that I am probably a little paranoid and a lot of what I say is way off base, but I am trying my best to play the game. I'm just trying to help the villagers win the game.

There is a big reason why I am trying so hard, as well. I want to contribute and this is the only way I can.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #669
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
My only actions in this game has been reading what everyone else posts and trying to read things into that and come up with some ideas on who could be what based on what I am reading. I admit that I am probably a little paranoid and a lot of what I say is way off base, but I am trying my best to play the game. I'm just trying to help the villagers win the game.

There is a big reason why I am trying so hard, as well. I want to contribute and this is the only way I can.

Try being the school teacher. I got nothing. Alan could have given me the ability to research someones history or something, but noooo.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #670
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

I totally agree. Being the singer would have great advantages if i could swoon the people into telling me their rolls, or sing them to sleep and take their money or guns, but nooo. I got nothing.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #671
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Try being the school teacher. I got nothing. Alan could have given me the ability to research someones history or something, but noooo.

At least you were given a role.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #672
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Wait a minute. You have no role at all???
Old 10-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #673
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Interesting. With that many role descriptions, I figured everyone had a role.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #674
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

No role what so ever.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #675
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think it depends on who it is. GE is notorious for not helping the good guys. He is very quiet and doesn't offer up much information. So lynching him doesn't hurt us much. Get it?

Dude, I have played in like four games. That is hardly what I would call notorious under any circumstances. I was a seer in the 40k game that helped the team achieve victory. I have been a wolf in 2 other games. Do you expect me to help out the villagers then?

I like to play this game and all, but comments like these just baffle me.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #676
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Didn't Alan T said everyone had a role?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #677
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Jail Spleen
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #678
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Dude, I have played in like four games. That is hardly what I would call notorious under any circumstances. I was a seer in the 40k game that helped the team achieve victory. I have been a wolf in 2 other games. Do you expect me to help out the villagers then?

I like to play this game and all, but comments like these just baffle me.

Ok, notorious might not be the right word. Four games later, I'm still waiting for something helpful from you.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #679
st.cronin
General Manager

agree with

jail spleen

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #680
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Town Roles, Occupations and Allegiances

Each player in the game has a role assigned to them randomly at the start of the game. The list of possible roles includes but not limited to those listed in the next Post below this one. The possibility exists that there might be roles included in the list that are not active in the game, or roles in the game that are not included in the list however

Bolded the important part.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #681
spleen1015
Coordinator

I promise you guys that I don't have a role. I know what Alan T said, but I really don't have a role.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #682
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I promise you guys that I don't have a role. I know what Alan T said, but I really don't have a role.

Looks like Alan is going to get you lynched. Sorry, man.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #683
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

You guys can put me in jail for lynch tomorrow. I still have another day to get myself out of a lynching and I think I can do that. So, feel free to put me in jail.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #684
spleen1015
Coordinator

I bet if I don't get jailed, I get it from the cowboys because Alan did say everyone has a role, but I am telling you....I DON'T HAVE A ROLE!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #685
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I actually laughed at that. It's likely true though.

Jail Spleen
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #686
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2 hours until day deadline. Currently as votes stand there will be no new sheriff and no lynches tonight.

election votes: (11 votes needed for new sheriff)

No new sheriff votes.

lynch votes: (11 votes needed for lynch)

(0) lathum -
(10) goldeneagle - hoopsguy (481), grammaticus (500), Barkeep (521), Ntndeacon (522), Racer (576), Sndvls (587), path (590), Spleen (604), lathum (655), Fouts (661)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #687
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You guys can put me in jail for lynch tomorrow. I still have another day to get myself out of a lynching and I think I can do that. So, feel free to put me in jail.

That's the second time you've said that. If you're so sure you can get yourself out of a lynching you might want to think about the upside of talking yourself out of a jailing.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #688
path12
Coordinator

I'm out in about 20 minutes until post-lynch. I understand Cronin's position, but I really think it's better to lynch someone and I haven't seen anything to make me not

Lynch GE
Old 10-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #689
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

How on earth will you be able to get yourslef out of a lynching when you are taking this much heat for a jailing? Are you related to the sheriff?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #690
spleen1015
Coordinator

Having me in jail is a waste for the villagers because I'm a villager.

Not being in jail, I think the cowboys are going to come after me because no believes that I am a villager without a role.

Thinking about this even more, no matter what, my goose is cooked.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #691
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Not being in jail, I think the cowboys are going to come after me because no believes that I am a villager without a role.

Actually if you're a villager, the cowboys are gonna stay far away from you and wait for us to do the job for them.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #692
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

If what you say is true, and somehow you avoid jail, the cowboys won't touch you.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #693
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
How on earth will you be able to get yourslef out of a lynching when you are taking this much heat for a jailing? Are you related to the sheriff?

Am I related to the sheriff? Now that is an interesting question. What does that have to do with this? I don't know saldana in real life.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #694
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually if you're a villager, the cowboys are gonna stay far away from you and wait for us to do the job for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
If what you say is true, and somehow you avoid jail, the cowboys won't touch you.

I hope you guys are right, but I doubt it. Even the guys on my side don't believe me, so why should the Cowboys?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #695
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

By the way, I hope this wasn't the argument you were planning on using tomorrow if you get jailed.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #696
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
By the way, I hope this wasn't the argument you were planning on using tomorrow if you get jailed.

You guys already know you're a whole lot smarter than me. No need kicking me in the nuts with it.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #697
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You guys already know you're a whole lot smarter than me. No need kicking me in the nuts with it.

Dude, sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't intended to. What I'm trying to say is that if you really are good, I'd like to not lynch you because you've been a vocal player and that's always a good thing. What I need though is a good reason to think otherwise. Right now there is a direct contradiction between what is stated in the rules and what you've said. You've also said that you believe you can convince us not to lynch you. I would like to hear that argument so as to better make a decision. That's all.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #698
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

want me to shot you to put you outta yur misery?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #699
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

they aint smarter, just cagier. theyve seen more tricks. *hic*
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #700
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

JAIL Spleen

If everyone has a role and you are saying you don't......