Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #851
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I've been really struggling with the idea of GE saving his power versus using it now to prove himself. I would love to hear what Swaggs thinks, since he's the one who really put himself out on the line with GE.

I don't know with any certainty that GE is good, but I just rethought about the value of lynching someone on day 1 with all of these roles out and about. We have a voting record, so it isn't like we lost that (even though it was a runaway).

My thinking is that there are enough of us with abilities AND (a big AND) there are a lot of folks running around with guns, so it isn't like a lynch is our only way to win.

The only minor concern I have is that saldana and GE are staging a pretty big argument for this early on, with neither of them claiming to have any substantial evidence. Is it sincere or for show to make them clearly appear oppositional? Probably nothing--but something to watch.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #852
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've been really struggling with the idea of GE saving his power versus using it now to prove himself. I would love to hear what Swaggs thinks, since he's the one who really put himself out on the line with GE.

but he isnt losing it...he gets it back every 3 days according to him
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #853
Swaggs
Coordinator

...and for what it is worth, if I were GE I probably wouldn't break myself out of jail either, as it would make him look very shady.

And with that, I am done aligning myself with GE. Hopefully tomorrow we will have a larger COT and, perhaps, some damning evidence.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #854
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The only minor concern I have is that saldana and GE are staging a pretty big argument for this early on, with neither of them claiming to have any substantial evidence. Is it sincere or for show to make them clearly appear oppositional? Probably nothing--but something to watch.

i dont have any more evidence that the gaping holes in GE's reveal, which is more than we had yesterday.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #855
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
but he isnt losing it...he gets it back every 3 days according to him

But why would you not want to release Lathum and I when we could be helping the village? You would rather have us sitting in jail or out and about helping the townspeople? You have been ignoring this question like the plague.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #856
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well now that the day is over im no longer drunk. I need some whiskey and some cards. a woman would be nice too
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #857
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i dont have any more evidence that the gaping holes in GE's reveal, which is more than we had yesterday.

What gaping holes? You yourself admitted that I had a gun. You questioned at the deadline why I would have this gun. There has not been a reasonable explanation yet as to why you brought this up right before I was going to be killed. I would say that your story has more gaping holes. The eagerness to talk me into using my powers is alarming. Do you think people are just going to ignore that?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #858
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Sal, I still have faith in you, or else I would vote for someone else, but, to me, this isn't a useful battle for you and GE to fight. I can understand that him not wanting to use his power could seem questionable, but I, for one, can understand not using it, so I don't think it is utterly damning for him not to want to use it right now. It seems like a 50-50 type of call for a player to make.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #859
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm going to go dig my self a hole and see if I get rich. see you all tomorrow
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #860
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Sal, I still have faith in you, or else I would vote for someone else, but, to me, this isn't a useful battle for you and GE to fight. I can understand that him not wanting to use his power could seem questionable, but I, for one, can understand not using it, so I don't think it is utterly damning for him not to want to use it right now. It seems like a 50-50 type of call for a player to make.

Just my two cents.

I agree completely. I think saldana should play this totally straight, and release Lathum, and jail somebody else, somebody not in any cot.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #861
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Golden: Why would you not want to release Lathum? I hear what you're saying just as much, but really I think having Lathum out of jail and two new people to consider as lynch suspects is better than having 1 new lynch suspect if saldana were to use one of his actions to fre Lathum.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #862
Swaggs
Coordinator

BK, are we talking about GE using his power to release Lathum or just having saldana release Lathum?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #863
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
But why would you not want to release Lathum and I when we could be helping the village? You would rather have us sitting in jail or out and about helping the townspeople? You have been ignoring this question like the plague.

If you can break anyone out of jail or put anyone in it, why would it matter if you were in jail or not?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #864
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Golden: Why would you not want to release Lathum? I hear what you're saying just as much, but really I think having Lathum out of jail and two new people to consider as lynch suspects is better than having 1 new lynch suspect if saldana were to use one of his actions to fre Lathum.

I have no problems with freeing Lathum but why should I use my powers to do so? Saldana can release him. I am not going to give into the challenege of saldana and use my powers because that means he can do whatever he wants to over the next three days.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #865
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im a little confused
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #866
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, are we talking about GE using his power to release Lathum or just having saldana release Lathum?
After thinking it over I think GE should use his power. We want the good guys out of jail and potential bad guys in jail. Saldana has two actions. If he uses one to free Lathum, then we only have one person to consider for lynch tomorrow. If that person is clean, then we've lost another day trying to find the 'boys. If GE uses his power instead, he can regenerate it so that it's more likely to be useful again later in the game, and saldana can give us two suspects for tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #867
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am very confused.

I really don't see the merit of this argument. Maybe I missed something earlier?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #868
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have no problems with freeing Lathum but why should I use my powers to do so? Saldana can release him. I am not going to give into the challenege of saldana and use my powers because that means he can do whatever he wants to over the next three days.

agreed. if Lathum is to be freed, the sheriff should do it. and GE should keep his power if we need the sheriff "taken care of"
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #869
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No it doesn't. If you think he's bad then make the case tomorrow to replace him as sheriff.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #870
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
If you can break anyone out of jail or put anyone in it, why would it matter if you were in jail or not?

Because apparently there is a ton of information being passed around at night in this game. Also, someone with a weapon can be very useful outside of jail. There is just no sense in keeping me sitting around in jail.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #871
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
After thinking it over I think GE should use his power. We want the good guys out of jail and potential bad guys in jail. Saldana has two actions. If he uses one to free Lathum, then we only have one person to consider for lynch tomorrow. If that person is clean, then we've lost another day trying to find the 'boys. If GE uses his power instead, he can regenerate it so that it's more likely to be useful again later in the game, and saldana can give us two suspects for tomorrow.

I am still not sure this is technically possible. If sal's night action comes before GE's night action, he won't be able to put two people in jail.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #872
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

But does GE using his power clear him of anything? In my opinion, it does not.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #873
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

hmm i do see your point now. 1 question. does Lathum have a role that requires him being out of jail to perform? is it all important that he gets out tonight?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #874
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
agreed. if Lathum is to be freed, the sheriff should do it. and GE should keep his power if we need the sheriff "taken care of"
Are you comfortable then lynching whoever saldana choses to place in jail? I'm not. I'd rather have two suspects as I'd likely feel ok lynching at least one of them, I'd think.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #875
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I am still not sure this is technically possible. If sal's night action comes before GE's night action, he won't be able to put two people in jail.
Oh. Hmm. I see what you're saying.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #876
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you comfortable then lynching whoever saldana choses to place in jail? I'm not. I'd rather have two suspects as I'd likely feel ok lynching at least one of them, I'd think.

yea i see your point. i never trusted Saldana
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #877
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No it doesn't. If you think he's bad then make the case tomorrow to replace him as sheriff.

I plan on doing that. From jail.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #878
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think I am sincerely confused or missing something.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #879
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Oh. Hmm. I see what you're saying.

That's why I think sal should cut Lathum free, see what GE does, and jail somebody else.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #880
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That's why I think sal should cut Lathum free, see what GE does, and jail somebody else.
What would you like to see him do? I mean him busting himself out doesn't clear him, to me, as much as busting somoene else out. Especially someone considered to generally be in the COT.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #881
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It is my understanding that my actions override any of the current sheirff's actions. Thus, my night action would occur after his.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #882
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What would you like to see him do? I mean him busting himself out doesn't clear him, to me, as much as busting somoene else out. Especially someone considered to generally be in the COT.

Honestly, I don't think ANYTHING he does will definitively clear him. We see what the night brings us, is my take.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #883
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think ANYTHING he does will definitively clear him. We see what the night brings us, is my take.

Agreed.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #884
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It is my understanding that my actions override any of the current sheirff's actions. Thus, my night action would occur after his.
If it's an over ride, as opposed to an addition to, then I would agree it's incumbant upon saldana to release lathum.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #885
hoopsguy
General Manager

GE - life would have been a LOT easier today if you had given some information just a bit earlier. We had a pretty full room for the hour leading up to the lynch. Obviously you can say 'you play your game and I'll play mine' but I'm trying to provide some insight as to why people would have questioned you today and why we needed to have the Mayor/Duke reveal himself to keep you around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #886
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agreed with hoops. I role revealed as soon as I released how the conversation was going.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

The next thing that I would like to see - if both parties think Lathum should be released, I would like to see them hammer out an agreement to do this. Having a pissing match that leaves him in his cell is not the end of the world, but it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense either and will likely lead to continued escalation between the two of them.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #888
hoopsguy
General Manager

Both
Old 10-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #889
hoopsguy
General Manager

Both parties =
Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #890
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
GE - life would have been a LOT easier today if you had given some information just a bit earlier. We had a pretty full room for the hour leading up to the lynch. Obviously you can say 'you play your game and I'll play mine' but I'm trying to provide some insight as to why people would have questioned you today and why we needed to have the Mayor/Duke reveal himself to keep you around.

For what it is worth, I don't feel real great about having to reveal, but I'd rather keep everyone around for another day and hope we get some benefit from tonight than to just kill everyone off. I regret not being around more today to push the no lynch angle, but I had a long workday, unfortunately.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #891
hoopsguy
General Manager

Both parties = Saldana
Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #892
hoopsguy
General Manager

Both parties = Saldana and GE
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #893
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops - weird browser behavior ...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #894
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, can we only add one person to the jail tonight?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #895
st.cronin
General Manager

Assuming Lathum somehow gets released, I think we should make him sherriff tomorrow.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #896
Swaggs
Coordinator

Is there any good reason that the mortician should stay under wraps?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #897
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
So, can we only add one person to the jail tonight?

If saldana has to go first, then that's true. I suspect it is, otherwise saldana's night order would have to be conditional on some OTHER night order, which the gm may not allow.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #898
path12
Coordinator

Well that was interesting. I'm for GE using his power. It serves two purposes, first it would help bolster his story (count me in the group that is frustrated with the five minute to lynch reveal), and secondly it allows Saldana to get three people in jail to choose from tomorrow. The cowboys will be two up on us after tonight assuming there is a kill, if we don't have anyone in jail to choose from tomorrow we give them another free pass and we end up three down.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #899
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Is there any good reason that the mortician should stay under wraps?

I'm not sure he is anymore.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #900
path12
Coordinator

I'm having a really hard time believing GE. Am I alone in that?