Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The Lowcountry Gators: An FOF2K7 WOOF Multiplayer Dynasty

PURPOSE

This dynasty thread is intended to chronicle my adventures in the World Order Of Football (WOOF), a Front Office Football 2007 MP League.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

THE LEAGUE

The World Order Of Football's original seeds were planted on October 26th, 2007, the day of the announcement of FOF2007. Even with my existing league (IHOF) converting, I knew I'd want to play in a league that started from scratch, and I knew that, like IHOF, I wanted to play against people with whom I was familiar. So, a PM was sent to 30 or so people shortly after the announcement of the game. Most said yes, we invited some others, and soon we were at 32. The league structure is as follows:

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (IFC)

NORTHERN EUROPEAN DIVISION
Lappland

Fightin' Reindeers

3ric

Kaiserslautern

Wolves

Dutch

Stuttgart

Stallions

JeeberD

Copenhagen

Great Danes

Northwood_DK

SOUTHWESTERN DIVISION
Driftwood

Rabid Javelina

cartman

Las Vegas

Ballas

primelord

Mexico City

Aztecs

stevew

Grand Junction

Silverbacks

TroyF

MID-ATLANTIC DIVISION
Delaware

Encryptors

CraigSca

Charlottesville

Jeffersonians

digamma

Raleigh

Recalcitrants

gstelmack

Hampton Roads

Scholars

wade moore

MIDWESTERN DIVISION
Memphis
Dynasty
Celeval

Columbus

Cheetahs

Pumpy Tudors

Des Moines

Monks
Taco

Leavenworth

Shivs

Cuckoo

WORLD FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (WFC)

NORTHEASTERN DIVISION
Atlantic City

Gamblers

Eaglesfan27

Hawk Mountain

Sharpshins

QuikSand

Wilkes-Barre

Coal Miners

RedKingGold

Scranton

Steam Engines

TredWel

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN DIVISION
Rome

Gladiators

Emiliano

Camargue

Flamingos

fantastic flying froggies

Toledo

Sword Masters

Icy

Rusholme

Ruffians

Narcizo

SOUTHEASTERN DIVISION

Jacksonville

Admirals

Flasch186

Curacao

Cocktail

MIJB#19

Savannah

Fire Ants

SackAttack

Lowcountry

Gators

SkyDog

WESTERN DIVISION
Oceanside

Sandsharks

Antmeister

Mountain View

Spiders

Daimyo

Bozeman

Kodiaks

miked

Palouse Hills

Whirlwind

WSUCougar

League officers are as follows:

WEBMASTER: lordscarlet
LEAGUE COMMISH: gstelmack
IFC PRESIDENT: cartman
WFC PRESIDENT: SkyDog

The decision was made for us to start the league by spending the entire month of January drafting as much of the nucleus of our team as we could. We didn't want people to feel heavily pressured to be around all the time for that long of a period, but we wanted to at least stamp our own "signatures" on our teams. We got through 12 rounds, finishing that up last night. Personally, I was very pleased to get that much of my team together.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #3
Ben E Lou

THE TEAM

Having recently relocated to the South Carolina Lowcountry, I felt it appropriate to locate my WOOF team here as well. For those not familiar, the Lowcountry is an area along the SC/GA coast that was heavily used for plantation crop production (mainly rice). There's therefore a curious mix of wealthy families who trace their roots back to slave-era plantation ownership, and descendents of slaves. The Gullah culture is still present in a number of communities, and there are still older whites around here who grew up on the family plantation, and can speak Gullah with the best of 'em. (There's a funny story about Arthur Ravenel giving us directions to his house that I may tell y'all later. His normal speech has a pretty heavy Gullah accent, causing some words to just come out plain weird-sounding, even to his non-Lowcountry relatives.)

Due to the heavy presence of marshlands, wild gators thrive in the area, even within the city limits of Charleston. (There are areas within the city limits that are pretty much undevelopable due to the marsh.) There was a gator sunning himself right outside of a Charleston's largest shopping mall, located in a heavily populated and commercially-developed area, just this past summer. Another thing unique to the area, mentioned in another thread, is the tradition of the Lowcountry Boil. It's usually some combination of shrimp, crawfish, sausage, potatoes, onions, and corn on the cob, all boiled together in a big-ol' pot. A true Lowcountry Boil is served outdoors, on a long table covered with newspapers, and eaten with your hands (even the taters). Even aristocratic old-Charleston blue-blood weddings have been known to do an outdoor Lowcountry Boil for the reception. Lowcountry Boils are also very popular for large gatherings, tailgates, church dinners-on-the-grounds, and the like. Here's what a Lowcountry Boil looks like:

This article gives a little more about what the area is like:

The Lowcountry
Exploring Coastal South Carolina and Georgia
By Claire Pamplin

Ocean, rivers and marshes have always defined life in the Lowcountry. The abundance of water in low-lying terrain made the 200-mile-long region between Charleston, South Carolina and St. Marys, Georgia rich from rice and cotton in the 19th century.

Sunrise at Hunting Island
The rice and cotton industries began to decline before the Civil War, but the war added a debilitating blow to the region's economy. Some areas have recovered only in recent years, and today many of the towns and communities along the coast are growing, vibrant with new energy. Charleston and Savannah began their restoration programs years ago, but recently Beaufort, Port Royal, and St. Marys have established historic districts. Some streets and squares look almost exactly as they did one hundred or even two hundred years ago. Even the tiniest communities, such as Port Royal, have little theatres or other arts programs. Good (or at least decent) restaurants are everywhere.

Driving along U.S. Highway 17 or secondary roads , you cross tidal creeks winding through endless marshes. Stop for a bit of refreshment, and you'll easily find a cafe, restaurant or bar overlooking a river or inlet. In fact, just as water defined the life and economy of the Lowcountry 200 years ago, it will define your visit. You'll paddle along tidal creeks, through marshes or in the open ocean. If you go biking, you will doubtless ride along beaches and rivers. You are a birder? The region is a superb bird-watching spot because of the water.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
Ben E Lou

THE DRAFT

I got the 27th pick in the first round. While I was hoping for higher to get a marquee QB, the benefit of having two of the league's bets 40 players is certainly a nice one to have. My preference settings, which would take effect once the draft was over, were to favor offense and veterans, which was my overall strategy. For those who are familiar with my style of play, you'll know that my primary goal was to institute the Run-N-Stun offense, which basically consists of running more than I pass, but stretching the field when I do pass, using very few short passes. It's the anti-West Coast. My theory was/is that with offensive production being down in the early years of fictional league starts, I'd be able to have a decent defense filled mainly with veteran guys drafted by the AI and rated 40-50 or so. Here's how I drafted:

1(27): RDT Matt Caldwell

As it happened, when my pick came up there just wasn't an offensive player who I could get excited about taking in the first round. Caldwell, though, looks like he can be the anchor of my defensive line, so I grabbed him first.

2(6): SE Darnell Chamberlain

In order to properly execute my offense, I need at least one speed merchant, and Chamberlain fits the bill. He's tied for the sixth-fastest 40 time in the league (4.31), and I love that big-play receiving rating. I'm also excited to see what he can do for our field position returning punts and kickoffs.

3(27): FL Dusty Ford

I didn't expect to take a rookie this high, but with him being as well-developed as he is, this was a near no-brainer of a pick. Having a second guy who can stretch the field is a big plus for my offense, and he's also no slouch at PR/KR.

4(6): QB Burt Sigsbee

This was definitely a stretch pick, but the problem was that Sigsbee was the best current-rated QB on the board at the time, and the only one with the medium, long, third-down and sense rush skills that I value. I felt that I couldn't risk waiting over 50 more picks to take him in the 5th. If Sigsbee can perform the way I think he can, I won't get laughed out of the league for picking him this early. I like the fact that Sigsbee is a mentor, so perhaps I can grab a 2nd or 3rd round QB in a year or two and get him ready to be his successor

5(27): RT Pat Buchanan

With my first three offensive picks, I drafted the "stun," but now it's time to get the "run" in place, and Buchanan is the first piece of that puzzle. He's also no slouch at pass blocking either, which makes him very valuable to me.

6(6): RG Mike Sheldon

With Sheldon and Buchanan next to one another, we certainly won't be afraid to run to the right side of the line. His pass protection and mentor status also are certainly valuable commodities.

7(27): TE Jonathan Roderick

There's not much not to like about this guy: a studly run-blocking TE who can make the big third-down catches to move the chains, and who also might just burn a strong safety or two on some deep routes, too. I also picked him here because I feel like I'll be able to use him as WR3 in some sets.

8(6): RB Irving Donovan

Me likey this guy! A north-and-south runner with power and speed and the endurance to shoulder a heavy load.

9(27): C Clifton Carpenter

There were a number of quality centers in the draft, so I was able to wait until this round to grab a very good one who is also a mentor.

10(6): LT Bucky Caldwell

The better left tackles were gone before I picked in the first round, but somehow this rookie with pretty good development fell this far. I'll make it a priority to get him mentored/starting/summer league. Given the quality of the rest of the offensive line, if Caldwell can give up less than 10 sacks this year, I think I'll be ok.

11(27): LG Ryan Bratzke

At this juncture in the draft, his age really doesn't concern me. I already had a mentor guard to help groom Bratzke's eventual replacement, so I figured grabbing this guy to finish out the o-line was a good move at this point.

12(6): RB Jamal Stinnett

At this point, it came time to think through how the AI would draft the rest of my team. There were several aging FBs who were good run blockers left. Knowing that more people in the league had favored youth than experience, and knowing that my sliders heavily favored offense, and slightly favored experience, I figured there was a pretty good chance that the AI would pick a FB for me pretty early, so I didn't go that route. I also saw that there wasn't a whole lot of difference beween the 358th most talented player and the 768th, so I decided to grab a player that I knew the AI would NOT take for me, at a position that is greatly helped by having a quality backup. I believe having Stinnett on the roster to spell Irving Donovan is going to pay off for me.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
RedKingGold
College Starter

Geez; three posts in three different threads. Announce much?

Also, I hope FL Dusty Ford breaks his leg.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 02-01-2007 at 06:45 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
RedKingGold
College Starter

You certainly got the offense you wanted and it will be one of the better ones in WOOF. However, I still question Sigsbee as the trigger man. Doesn't his low timing and accuracy for a downfield quarterback worry you? (Especially b/c Ford is not exactly the best route runner)
Old 02-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #7
Dutch
"Dutch"

Due to the lack of great QB's now, I've found ways to have pretty successful seasons with journeyman QB's. If anything here is to question, is how quickly Skydog reached out to grab this guy. Was he even on anybody elses radar in the 4th round? I don't think so.

But knowing Skydog, he's got a plan and it will probably suck for the rest of us as it unfolds.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
You certainly got the offense you wanted and it will be one of the better ones in WOOF. However, I still question Sigsbee as the trigger man. Doesn't his low timing and accuracy for a downfield quarterback worry you? (Especially b/c Ford is not exactly the best route runner)
Accuracy is about YAC, so it's not a huge deal when throwing downfield. The nebulous "broken plays" aspect of timing has always been very cloudy to me. I've had several QBs with low timing who throw down the field quite well. Duncan's timing is 17, according to my scout.

As far as the comment about Sigsbee being on no one's radar, my problem was that he had the top current rating of any QB still on the board at that point. If anyone had said, "Hmmmm...I better just get the best-rated QB" at any time in the next 52 picks before mine, Sigsbee would have been gone.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

Dola: And as it turned out, Pumpy did just that, taking 12-year-vet Tito Diaz right before my next pick. Imagine how PISSED I would have been if Sigsbee had fallen all the way to there and then been taken by Pumpy.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:34 AM   #10
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Briefly I opted to grab Sigsbee at 3.21. But then I talked myself into expecting to see him fall to the 5th or later round and kept him off my draft list. No reason to complain though, getting a young shutdown cornerback instead. Cris Leaf and Dusty Ford are bound to be seen shoulder to shoulder a lot in the next six or so seasons.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #11
Dutch
"Dutch"

Maybe it was just my own radar was turned off as I had a high-priority of getting a QB right out the starting gate and was obviously looking elsewhere by round 4. I didn't realize that he was already one of the best QB's at that point. That makes more sense now.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #12
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think taking 2 running backs was a good move given the offence you're likely to be playing. 2nd running backs actually outgain the starter quite a lot in games I've played so having two of them is a smart move. I've no problem with you taking Sigsbee when you did either or with his accuracy and timing (which I normally actually block out as irrelevent when looking at a quarterback). His sense rush is a huge boon.

I'd like to think that your lack of defence (particularly your secondary) will bite you in the arse but you dodged the bullet there with a solid (if unspectacular defence) so I'll just get back to muttering darkly about the AI being fixed. I mean some of the players you got in the 20s just aren't funny. Yes, I'm looking at Rufus Farrell, Darrin Corbett and Karl Gibson here.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Great start to this thread. I'll be following along and trying to devise ways to stop the Run-N-Stun offense for when we meet.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-01-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

INITIAL ROSTER

Player
Pos
Start
Exp
Cur
Fut
Cntrct
Sigsbee, Burt
QB
QB
1 yr.
Gimmarro, Walt
QB

2 yrs
Shields, Dennis
QB

1 yr.
##Flynn, Jake
QB

1 yr.
Sigsbee's player card can be found above, as he was our fourth round pick. Gimmarro is a mentor, and will therefore be traded to the highest bidder. Shields actually has some skills in some areas that make him a decent option for a vertical passing game.

Player Pos Start Exp Cur Fut Cntrct
Donovan, Irving RB RB 6 56 56 1 yr.
Stinnett, Jamal RB 2 49 52 2 yrs
Irwin, Jimmy RB 7 34 39 1 yr.
Copeland, Freddie RB 1 29 43 2 yrs
Donovan and Stinnett should give us a nice 1-2 punch. Copeland has a chemistry issue with our starting FB, and will be traded.

Everhart, Shawn FB FB 7 65 65 1 yr.
##Harvey, T.J. FB 3 23 44 2 yrs
Harvey has a strong affinity with Everhart, and some nice green bars in run and pass blocking.

Roderick, Jonathan TE TE 9 89 89 3 yrs
Overhauser, Kerry TE 7 55 56 1 yr.
Wagner, Tommy TE 6 39 39 2 yrs
Roderick is an all-around stud, and a mentor. Both backups are mentors as well, and will be put on the trade block immediately, as they don't have the appropriate skill sets for my offensive needs.

Ford, Dusty FL FL 1 56 68 5 yrs
##Compton, Marvin FL 3 19 26 1 yr.
Chamberlain, Darnell SE SE 9 79 79 3 yrs
Atkins, Wes SE 12 41 41 2 yrs
Yancy, Jackie SE 9 41 41 1 yr.
Farrell, Rufus SE 5 40 44 2 yrs
Atkins is the position leader, and Chamblerlain has an extreme conflict with him. Bye-bye, Wes. Farrell, drafted in the 27th round by the AI, looks like he has a shot at being a pretty decent WR3 for us. Of course, speed merchants Ford and Chamberlain are going to keep defenses honest.

Carpenter, Clifton C C 9 76 76 3 yrs
Craighead, Ron C 7 37 49 1 yr.
Bratzke, Ryan LG LG 11 63 63 2 yrs
Sheldon, Mike RG RG 7 71 71 3 yrs
Hanks, Tony RG 11 43 43 2 yrs
##Krenzel, Donnie RG 11 27 30 1 yr.
##Caldwell, Bucky LT LT 1 29 62 2 yrs
Buchanan, Pat RT RT 7 76 76 1 yr.
Nestor, Clarence RT 3 31 41 3 yrs
Castillo, Ray RT 10 30 32 1 yr.
##Ballard, Donny RT 7 23 26 1 yr.
As with the rest of the offense, I've already broken down the starters. Hanks and Nestor both look like decent backups.

Craig, Bruce P 10 42 42 2 yrs
Fox, Alex K 3 43 43 1 yr.
Neither is anything to get excited about, although Fox does have pretty good accuracy.

Strom, Cory LDE LDE 12 39 46 1 yr.
Gaylor, Nathan LDE 3 32 47 3 yrs
Yonkers, Sam RDE 8 32 32 1 yr.
Winters, Eugene RDE RDE 3 30 41 1 yr.
Caldwell, Matt RDT LDT 6 77 84 5 yrs
Gampper, Luther RDT RDT 12 55 55 2 yrs
##Jamison, Colin RDT 3 26 37 2 yrs
Gadget, Russell RDT 1 22 50 3 yrs
##Pierce, Albert RDT 1 16 30 1 yr.
##Ellison, Charlie RDT 1 15 31 1 yr.
At DE, Strom has some decent skills, but horrid (0) endurance. None of the others give me much hope. Caldwell is the anchor, and Gampper looks like an excellent run stopper at the other DT. Gampper is also a mentor, which could really be helpful with the development of Russell Gadget, who looks like he could be a starter one day.

Grier, Paul MLB 7 31 44 3 yrs
Camilleri, Jumbo MLB MLB 10 58 58 1 yr.
Craig, Steve MLB 4 28 31 1 yr.
##Leoni, Bruce MLB 1 10 32 1 yr.
Parker, Walter SLB SLB 7 37 43 3 yrs
##Kelley, Don SLB 3 26 35 1 yr.
Hutton, Rickey WLB 10 44 53 2 yrs
Collins, Cornelius WLB WLB 3 44 56 1 yr.
Camilerri is a decent run stopper and fearsome pass rusher. Collins is young, and looks pretty solid. Rickey Hutton has pretty good experience at SLB, and he'll start there. He's a strong run defender and decent at pass coverage.

Gibson, Karl LCB LCB 6 47 47 2 yrs
Cochrane, Bart LCB 9 41 47 3 yrs
Franz, Chad LCB 3 24 33 1 yr.
Mabry, Harry RCB RCB 4 37 37 1 yr.
##Reeves, Daniel RCB 3 22 37 1 yr.
##Walters, Colin SS 2 17 32 1 yr.
Randle El, Pat FS SS 6 51 55 2 yrs
Corbett, Darrin FS FS 9 46 55 2 yrs
Ebert, Eric FS 9 44 44 2 yrs
##Garner, Vernon FS 1 11 38 1 yr.
This secondary isn't much to write home about, but hopefully they'll be good enough to slow people down.

OVERALL ROSTER STRENGTH RATINGS
QB: 55/90
RB: 57/80
FB: 77/0
TE: 100/100
WR: 82/100
C: 75/67
G: 84/100
T: 84/82
P: 34/0
K: 38/0
DE: 25/73
DT: 98/59
ILB: 50/75
OLB: 47/88
CB: 38/58
S: 35/100

Old 02-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

INITIAL THOUGHTS ON THE WFC SOUTHEAST

JACKSONVILLE ADMIRALS (FLASCH186)
OFFENSE--The Admirals have a very good QB, a solid offensive line, a pair of good running backs, good players at FB/TE, but are very weak at WR. I'm guessing they're going to be a running/short passing team this year.
DEFENSE--They've go ta pair of studs on the DL, pretty solid LBs, but a very suspect secondary. I expect us to be able to throw on them.

CURACAO COCKTAIL (MIJB#19)
OFFENSE--They've got solid-looking players at QB, RB, TE, LT, and one WR, but don't look at that impressive elsewhere. Their o-line has got to be of conern for them, at least for this year.
DEFENSE--They're quite strong and LB and DB, but their defensive line leaves quite a bit to be desired.

SAVANNAH FIRE ANTS (SACKATTACK)
OFFENSE--They're going to be pretty oung on offense, and only two offensive players have current ratings in the 50s--both a C and SE at 52. They'll have a tough time moving the ball even against our defense.
DEFENSE--They really don't look all that good on defense, either, at least for now. It'll probably be a couple of years or so before they'll be a legit contender.

SE DIVISION INITIAL POWER RATINGS

Jacksonville Admirals--88
Lowcountry Gators--74
Savannah Fire Ants--48
Curacao Cocktail--46

At first glance, it looks like we should be a contender for the Southeast Division Title, and in the running for the World Football Conference Title as well. Our power ranking is 8th overall in the league, but third in the WFC.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #16
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][left][font=Arial][size=3]SAVANNAH FIRE ANTS (SACKATTACK)
[size=2]OFFENSE--They're going to be pretty oung on offense, and only two offensive players have current ratings in the 50s--both a C and SE at 52. They'll have a tough time moving the ball even against our defense.
DEFENSE--They really don't look all that good on defense, either, at least for now. It'll probably be a couple of years or so before they'll be a legit contender.

Considering I've used basically the same initial strategy in IHOF, GEFL and now WOOF, and we have yet to reach contender status outside of one horrifically bad season by the GEFL Sh*tcan, you're probably not far off the mark.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #17
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Considering I've used basically the same initial strategy in IHOF, GEFL and now WOOF, and we have yet to reach contender status outside of one horrifically bad season by the GEFL Sh*tcan, you're probably not far off the mark.

Have you ever considered, you know, changing the strategy then?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 AM   #18
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Have you ever considered, you know, changing the strategy then?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He's in my division!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #19
RedKingGold
College Starter

Just ask him how FB Seth Holmes is over at the GEFL.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #20
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Excellent, the worst power rating in the division. I love being the underdog. Well, except that in this league, being an underdog isn't quite appropriate.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #21
Ben E Lou

A LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE

I thought I'd go ahead and break down what we're facing in the regular season. Maybe this is obvious, but the comments below could all be footnoted with "barring major injuries."

WK OPPONENT PWR OWNER THOUGHTS
1 SCRANTON STEAM ENGINES 70 TredWel The Steam Engines are built for the long haul, but in the short term, they're probably going to struggle offensively. Their best current-rated QB is at 17. They've got some nice pieces in place on defense, but we should be the clear favorites in this one.
2 at Jacksonville Admirals* 88 Flasch186 As mentioned in my WFC Southeast post, the Admirals have the best power rating in the division. This should be a good early test for us. If we can keep this one close, or even steal a win on the road, it should be very big for us.
3 at Grand Junction Silverbacks 80 TroyF Grand Junction has a 14/51 rookie QB, but a good RB and a solid offensive line. RDT Matt Caldwell and MLB Jumbo Camilerri will be tested in this one. The Silverbacks may have the most talented defensive squad in the league. This will be a good challenge for our high-powered offense.
4 LAS VEGAS BALLAS 98 primelord Were it not for a gaping hole at QB, the Ballas would be the clear #1 team in the league, imho. However, at this point they're faced with the prospect of starting either a 37/37 7th year man, or an 11/48 rookie. They're at least solid at every position group, though. This could be an early marquee matchup for the league.
5 at Curacao Cocktail* 46 MIJB#19 Details are in the WFC Southeast post. We can't slack off on the road after three straight very tough matchups for us, but we should be favored to win this one.
6 MEXICO CITY AZTECS 40 stevew The Aztecs are, for the most part, a very young team. However, stevew took a 67/67 10-year veteran QB with the 1(26) pick. He's trying to trade him away, so I'm guessing that he'll be left with a collection of young players who shouldn't be terribly difficult to defeat on our home marsh.
7 at Driftwood Rabid Javelina 44 cartman The Rabid Javelina are yet another young team that I expect to be struggling to find a QB. They've a nice line, FB and RB, though, so I expect that they'll be able to run the ball well. Still, we should be favored.
8 OPEN
9 JACKSONVILLE ADMIRALS* 88 Flasch186 The two matchups with Jax figure to decide the division title. Odds are that we MUST hold serve at home to have a shot.
10 at Savannah Fire Ants* 48 SackAttack Discussed earlier, the Fire Ants only have one player on the team with a current rating of 60 or above, but they've got what looks to be a pretty good nucleus for the future.
11 at Toledo Sword Masters 62 Icy The Sword Masters are yet another team with a strong-looking running game, but serious QB issues. On defense, they've got a pretty good d-line and secondary, but the linebackers aren't going to scare anyone.
12 ROME GLADIATORS 64 Emiliano In the Gladiators, we'll be facing what looks to be a good defensive team, but that has issues at QB and offensive line. As long as our offense doesn't make too many turnovers, we should be able to outscore these guys.
13 CAMARGUE FLAMINGOS 62 f.f.f. Fantastic Flying Froggies grabbed a 66/66 QB with the 1(10) pick, and also got a TE and 2 WRs in the first 12 rounds. Their offensive line and running backs leave more than a little to be desired. In fact, their *best* offensive tackle is rated 15/43. On defense, they're pretty good overall, but have a few spots where guys rated in the low 30s will start.
14 SAVANNAH FIRE ANTS* 48 SackAttack We should be able to beat these guys twice. If not, we're probably going to struggle to get to where I think we should be.
15 at Rusholme Ruffians 32 Narcisso The Ruffians had the 1(1) pick, and took a 36/87 second-year QB. However, they are very, very young, with only 8 of their 60-man roster being above year 3. I expect that they'll struggle on both sides of the ball this year.
16 at Palouse Hills Whirlwind 80 WSUCougar With the #3 overall pick, Coug snagged the league's best current-rated QB, and has a team with no obvious big weaknesses on paper. This will be a tough one on the road.
17 CURACAO COCKTAIL* 46 MIJB#19 At this late juncture in the season, MIJB's youngsters may have developed to the point that I'm facing a much tougher team than earlier. I'm glad this one is at home.

*-Denotes division game.

I'm hoping that we'll be win around 11-12 games this year. 13 or more would be considered a pleasant surprise. 10 or less would be a disappointment.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
WK OPPONENT PWR OWNER THOUGHTS
6 MEXICO CITY AZTECS 40 stevew The Aztecs are, for the most part, a very young team. However, stevew took a 67/67 10-year veteran QB with the 1(26) pick. He's trying to trade him away, so I'm guessing that he'll be left with a collection of young players who shouldn't be terribly difficult to defeat on our home marsh.

Well, he did trade him away.....to ME! Update coming later this evening, or early tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
Ben E Lou

OK. I made two big trades that I hope will set us up better in both the short and the long term for success.

TRADE NUMBER ONE
THE LOWCOUNTRY GATORS send:
2007 2nd round pick
2008 2nd round pick
QB Walt Gimmarro
SE Jackie Yancy

THE MEXICO CITY AZTECS send:
QB Morris Marrero

It cost me two 2nd-round picks, and one of my QB mentors. However, here's what I get in return:

Marrero gives us an elite (3rd-best in the league, according to my scout) starting QB, and pushes our team power rating up to 90. After making this trade, we did the following:

TRADE NUMBER TWO
Atlantic City sends:

2007 1st round draft pick
2007 2nd round draft pick
2008 4th round draft pick

Lowcountry sends:

QB Burt Sigsbee

This deal was a tough one to pull the trigger on, with Sigsbee being such a young mentor QB, but in the end, getting two solid picks. After the deal, Atlantic City has the 20th best power rating in the league, so there's a chance we could get a star player out of this trade. Overall, I feel pretty good about these deals. When the smoke cleared, we got an upgrade at the QB position and better drafting position.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 02-09-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #24
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Are you sure you're not playing a single player career there? It sure sounds like you scr... ehr... made the AI look silly there. :x
Old 02-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #25
Ben E Lou

The Gators take the field, for the first time ever, in 15 minutes.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Lowcountry Gators lookin' good in preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #27
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Lowcountry Gators lookin' good in preseason.
Yes, yes. They are.

In our first preseason game, the newly-acquired Marrero tossed four TD passes to lead us to a 31-3 spanking of Dutch's Kaiserslautern Wolves.

Exhibition Week 2, 2006

played in Kaiserslautern, ME

48 degrees, fair, 9 mph wind

Lowcountry Gators 10 7 14 0 - 31
Kaiserslautern Wolves 3 0 0 0 - 3
Scoring Summary
1Q: 11:15 LWC - Rufus Farrell 1 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
1Q: 04:02 KAI - Grady Holly 31 field goal
1Q: 01:27 LWC - Alex Fox 28 field goal
2Q: 09:35 LWC - Dusty Ford 3 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
3Q: 12:47 LWC - Jonathan Roderick 11 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
3Q: 05:04 LWC - Jorge Cobb 8 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)

Team Statistics LWC KAI
Record 1-0 0-1
First Downs 23 10
- by Rushing 3 5
- by Passing 17 5
- by Penalty 3 0
Total Net Yards 408 190
- Offensive Plays 68 62
- Yards per Play 6.00 3.06
Net Rushing Yards 74 95
- Rushing Attempts 28 23
- Yards per Rush 2.64 4.13
Net Passing Yards 334 95
- Att./Comp./Intrcpt 37 - 21 - 1 38 - 14 - 1
- Gross Passing Yards 356 102
- Sacks/Yards Lost 3/22 1/7
- Yards per Pass Play 8.35 2.44
Fumbles/Lost 2/1 0/0
3rd Down Conversions 6/14 6/18
- Avg. YtG on 3rd Down 10.5 6.9
4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0
Penalties/Yards 9/75 6/41
Punt Returns/Yards 3/11 3/32
Kick Returns/Yards 2/51 3/59
Interception Ret./Yards 1/0 1/0
2pt Conversions 0/0 0/0
Red Zone Visits 6 1
- Red Zone TDs/FGs 4/1 0/1
Avg. Drive Start OWN 37 OWN 19
Time of Possession 33:34 26:26

Drive Charts

Lowcountry Gators
Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result
1 14:06 2:57 OWN 44 7 56 Touchdown
1 3:55 2:33 OWN 44 4 45 Field Goal
2 14:53 5:25 OWN 33 11 67 Touchdown
2 7:58 1:11 OWN 39 3 9 Punt
2 2:48 1:16 OWN 35 3 -5 Punt
2 0:41 0:41 OWN 33 3 3 Half
3 15:00 2:20 OWN 36 6 64 Touchdown
3 11:35 1:32 OWN 32 4 16 Interception
3 9:25 2:38 OWN 39 5 -9 Punt
3 6:19 1:21 OWN 33 3 67 Touchdown
3 2:29 5:33 OWN 28 12 51 Fumble
4 10:54 1:14 OWN 40 3 -1 Punt
4 8:26 1:47 OWN 33 3 2 Punt
4 5:18 2:22 OPP 40 3 4 Punt
Kaiserslautern Wolves
1 15:00 0:54 OWN 32 2 13 Interception
1 11:09 7:14 OWN 30 14 56 Field Goal
1 1:22 1:29 OWN 20 3 4 Punt
2 9:28 1:30 OWN 20 3 -2 Punt
2 6:47 3:59 OWN 3 6 28 Punt
2 1:32 0:51 OWN 26 3 3 Punt
3 12:40 1:05 OWN 20 3 7 Punt
3 10:03 0:38 OWN 15 4 5 Punt
3 6:47 0:28 OWN 26 3 0 Punt
3 4:58 2:29 OWN 16 6 19 Punt
4 11:56 1:02 OWN 21 3 1 Punt
4 9:40 1:14 OWN 15 3 8 Punt
4 6:39 1:21 OWN 5 3 -3 Punt
4 2:56 2:56 OWN 20 7 56 Game

Game MVP: Morris Marrero, Lowcountry Gators

Rushing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Irving Donovan 20 60 3.00 15 1 0
Jamal Stinnett 7 8 1.14 5 0 0
Morris Marrero 1 6 6.00 6 0 0
Kaiserslautern Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Tyrus Goguen 14 53 3.79 11 1 0
Tito Middlehurst 7 31 4.43 20 1 0
Kennedy Benedict 1 2 2.00 2 0 0
J.T. Ackerman 1 9 9.00 9 0 0

Passing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Morris Marrero 37 21 356 3/22 4 40 1 114.2
Kaiserslautern Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
J.T. Ackerman 28 10 75 0/0 0 15 1 29.5
Kennedy Benedict 10 4 27 1/7 0 18 0 47.9

Receiving Statistics

Lowcountry Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Darnell Chamberlain 6 8 157 26.17 35 40 0
WR Jorge Cobb 4 6 43 10.75 0 20 1
TE Jonathan Roderick 3 4 38 12.67 10 20 1
WR Rufus Farrell 3 8 34 11.33 9 22 1
WR Dusty Ford 3 8 65 21.67 4 32 1
RB Irving Donovan 2 2 19 9.50 0 10 0
TE Kerry Overhauser 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
Kaiserslautern Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Don Forbes 5 9 33 6.60 6 15 0
WR Calvin Gann 2 9 25 12.50 0 18 0
RB Raymond Schwartz 2 5 12 6.00 0 7 0
WR Joseph Wallace 2 3 19 9.50 0 13 0
WR Leo Gonzalez 1 2 11 11.00 0 11 0
TE Edward Kata 1 3 1 1.00 0 1 0
RB Tyrus Goguen 1 2 1 1.00 1 1 0
RB Tito Middlehurst 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
TE Gino Douthett 0 3 0 0.00 0 0 0
TE Luke Laliberte 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Interception Statistics

Lowcountry Ints Yards Avg TD
OLB Cornelius Collins 1 0 0.00 0
Kaiserslautern Ints Yards Avg TD
ILB C.J. Mayes 1 0 0.00 0

Fumble Statistics

Lowcountry Fumb Recov Force TD
Morris Marrero 2 0 0 0
Ray Castillo 0 1 0 0
Kaiserslautern Fumb Recov Force TD
Calvin Bell 0 1 0 0
Charlie Mayes 0 0 1 0
Ernie Navies 0 0 1 0

Punting Statistics

Lowcountry Punt Yards Avg Net LG In20
Bruce Craig 6 311 51.8 43.2 60 5
Kaiserslautern Punt Yards Avg Net LG In20
Patrick Saathoff 11 449 40.8 39.8 47 0

Kicking Statistics

Lowcountry FGs 40+Yd 50+Yd LG PAT
Alex Fox 1/1 0/0 0/0 28 4/4
Kaiserslautern FGs 40+Yd 50+Yd LG PAT
Grady Holly 1/1 0/0 0/0 31 0/0

Punt Return Statistics

Lowcountry Ret Yards Avg TD
Rufus Farrell 2 7 3.5 0
Jamal Stinnett 1 4 4.0 0
Kaiserslautern Ret Yards Avg TD
Tito Middlehurst 2 18 9.0 0
Doug Rivers 1 14 14.0 0

Kick Return Statistics

Freddie Copeland 1 29 29.0 0
Dusty Ford 1 22 22.0 0
Kaiserslautern Ret Yards Avg TD
Tito Middlehurst 3 59 19.7 0

Defensive Statistics

Lowcountry Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
ILB Jumbo Camilleri 10 1 1.0 20 37
OLB Rickey Hutton 6 2 0.0 16 30
S Pat Randle El 6 0 0.0 17 33
DT Matt Caldwell 3 0 0.0 23 38
S Darrin Corbett 2 1 0.0 23 39
OLB Cornelius Collins 2 1 0.0 23 37
ILB Paul Grier 2 0 0.0 3 2
DT Luther Gampper 1 1 0.0 16 29
S Eric Ebert 1 1 0.0 6 6
DE Cory Strom 1 0 0.0 16 32
DE Eugene Winters 1 0 0.0 22 31
DE Nathan Gaylor 1 0 0.0 7 7
CB Daniel Reeves 1 0 0.0 7 13
WR Dusty Ford 1 0 --- --- ---
DT Russell Gadget 1 0 0.0 5 8
CB Bart Cochrane 0 1 0.0 16 26
Kaiserslautern Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
ILB Marco Madison 7 4 0.5 16 22
DE Charlie Mayes 4 0 0.5 24 30
S Ernie Navies 4 1 0.0 13 23
S Mike Doyle 4 0 0.0 15 19
DE Calvin Bell 3 0 1.0 13 16
OLB Bob Floyd 3 1 0.0 21 25
S Doug Rivers 3 0 0.0 14 19
S Kelvin Dotson 3 0 0.0 13 21
CB Daniel Erdman 2 2 0.0 18 31
CB Adam Druckenmiller 2 1 0.0 13 22
ILB Trent Howe 2 1 0.0 4 5
DE Winfred Jefferson 2 1 0.0 15 24
CB Terrell Stuart 2 0 0.0 15 18
DT Kirk Exner 2 0 0.0 15 17
OLB Antoine Meacham 2 0 0.0 12 18
DE Lester Daggett 1 1 0.5 15 18
ILB C.J. Mayes 1 1 0.0 16 20
RB Tito Middlehurst 1 0 --- --- ---
OLB Malcolm Santoki 1 0 0.0 13 20
ILB Deon Terrell 0 2 0.5 12 20
CB Timothy Lucas 0 1 0.0 13 19
DT Bill Gutsche 0 1 0.0 14 23

Pass Rush Statistics

Lowcountry Sack Block Hurry Knock PPlay
ILB Jumbo Camilleri 1.0 0 1 1 37
DE Eugene Winters 0.0 2 0 0 31
DT Matt Caldwell 0.0 1 4 3 38
DE Cory Strom 0.0 1 0 0 32
OLB Cornelius Collins 0.0 0 2 0 37
DT Luther Gampper 0.0 0 1 0 29
DE Nathan Gaylor 0.0 0 1 0 7
DT Russell Gadget 0.0 0 1 0 8
Kaiserslautern Sack Block Hurry Knock PPlay
DE Calvin Bell 1.0 0 0 0 16
DE Charlie Mayes 0.5 0 1 0 30
ILB Marco Madison 0.5 0 0 0 22
DE Lester Daggett 0.5 0 0 0 18
ILB Deon Terrell 0.5 0 0 0 20
OLB Malcolm Santoki 0.0 1 1 0 20
OLB Antoine Meacham 0.0 0 1 0 18

Pass Defense Statistics

Lowcountry Caught Defnsd Intrcp PPlay
ILB Jumbo Camilleri 5 1 0 37
S Darrin Corbett 2 1 0 39
S Pat Randle El 2 1 0 33
OLB Rickey Hutton 2 0 0 30
ILB Paul Grier 2 0 0 2
OLB Cornelius Collins 1 1 1 37
Kaiserslautern Caught Defnsd Intrcp PPlay
CB Terrell Stuart 5 1 0 18
ILB Marco Madison 3 0 0 22
CB Adam Druckenmiller 2 1 0 22
OLB Bob Floyd 2 0 0 25
S Ernie Navies 2 0 0 23
S Kelvin Dotson 1 1 0 21
CB Daniel Erdman 1 1 0 31
ILB C.J. Mayes 1 0 1 20
S Doug Rivers 1 0 0 19
S Mike Doyle 1 0 0 19
ILB Trent Howe 1 0 0 5
OLB Malcolm Santoki 1 0 0 20
OLB Antoine Meacham 0 1 0 18

Blocking Statistics

Lowcountry KeyBl BlOpp Panc RPly SckA PPly
Mike Sheldon 2 9 0 28 0 40
Shawn Everhart 2 3 0 23 0 26
Pat Buchanan 1 4 0 26 1 36
Ryan Bratzke 0 4 0 27 1 39
Clifton Carpenter 0 4 0 28 0 40
Bucky Caldwell 0 1 0 23 1 35
Tony Hanks 0 1 0 1 0 1
Jonathan Roderick 0 1 0 27 0 29
Kaiserslautern KeyBl BlOpp Panc RPly SckA PPly
Martin Marshall 2 4 1 17 0 27
Earnest Thurgood 2 4 0 23 0 37
Gino Douthett 1 1 0 11 0 22
Rico Fox 1 1 0 4 0 12
Junior Sosinski 0 3 0 19 1 31
Ike Shepherd 0 3 0 12 0 21
Gus Perkins 0 3 0 21 0 37
Desmond Meadows 0 2 0 19 0 30
Gerald Clements 0 1 0 6 0 7

Special Teams Statistics

Lowcountry Tackles STPlays
Eric Ebert 2 23
Jamal Stinnett 1 23
Shawn Everhart 1 12
Darnell Chamberlain 1 9
Clifton Carpenter 1 7
Daniel Reeves 0 27
Freddie Copeland 0 21
Sam Yonkers 0 18
Rufus Farrell 0 15
Damon Karo 0 15
Kerry Overhauser 0 11
Jorge Cobb 0 10
Russell Gadget 0 10
Walter Parker 0 9
Nathan Gaylor 0 9
Harry Mabry 0 8
Tony Hanks 0 7
Ray Castillo 0 7
Mike Sheldon 0 7
Ron Craighead 0 7
Alex Fox 0 7
Bruce Craig 0 6
Rickey Hutton 0 4
Cory Strom 0 3
Luther Gampper 0 3
Paul Grier 0 3
Bart Cochrane 0 2
Darrin Corbett 0 2
Jonathan Roderick 0 2
Irving Donovan 0 2
Eugene Winters 0 2
Dusty Ford 0 2
Pat Randle El 0 1
Matt Caldwell 0 1
Kendall James 0 1
Cornelius Collins 0 1
Kaiserslautern Tackles STPlays
Kelvin Dotson 2 18
Gino Douthett 1 19
Edward Kata 1 18
Bob Floyd 1 16
Tyrus Goguen 0 26
Marco Madison 0 18
Adam Druckenmiller 0 15
Leo Gonzalez 0 14
Martin Marshall 0 12
Earnest Thurgood 0 12
Gus Perkins 0 12
Calvin Bell 0 11
Patrick Saathoff 0 11
Tito Middlehurst 0 10
Ike Shepherd 0 10
Bryan Tatum 0 9
Junior Sosinski 0 9
Luke Laliberte 0 7
C.J. Mayes 0 6
Joseph Wallace 0 6
Gerald Clements 0 5
Trent Howe 0 4
Doug Rivers 0 3
Mike Doyle 0 3
Grady Holly 0 3
Charlie Mayes 0 3
Deon Terrell 0 3
Malcolm Santoki 0 3
Ernie Navies 0 3
Antoine Meacham 0 2
Rico Fox 0 2
Kennedy Benedict 0 1
Kirk Exner 0 1
Don Forbes 0 1
Daniel Erdman 0 1

Directional Rushing Statistics

Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 5 7 1.4
Middle 11 35 3.2
Right 12 32 2.7
None 0 0 0.0
Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 2 5 2.5
Middle 20 70 3.5
Right 1 20 20.0
None 0 0 0.0

Detailed Passing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Cmp 20+ BdTh Drop Dfns Hurr Knck Intc
Morris Marrero 37 21 10 2 4 5 3 0 1
Kaiserslautern Att Cmp 20+ BdTh Drop Dfns Hurr Knck Intc
J.T. Ackerman 28 10 0 3 2 1 8 3 1
Kennedy Benedict 10 4 0 0 0 3 2 1 0

Directional Passing Statistics

Distance Att Comp Yards Avg
Screen 0 0 0 0.0
Short (0-8 Yds) 5 4 18 3.6
Medium (9-18 Yds) 15 10 140 9.3
Long (19+ Yds) 17 7 198 11.6
Screen 3 2 2 0.7
Short (0-8 Yds) 10 5 24 2.4
Medium (9-18 Yds) 20 6 58 2.9
Long (19+ Yds) 5 1 18 3.6

Detailed Receiving Statistics

Lowcountry Targt Caugt Dropd Yards 20+ PPlay
WR Darnell Chamberlain 8 6 0 157 5 27
WR Rufus Farrell 8 3 1 34 1 27
WR Dusty Ford 8 3 1 65 2 27
WR Jorge Cobb 6 4 0 43 1 18
TE Jonathan Roderick 4 3 1 38 1 29
RB Irving Donovan 2 2 0 19 0 31
TE Kerry Overhauser 1 0 1 0 0 4
Kaiserslautern Targt Caugt Dropd Yards 20+ PPlay
WR Calvin Gann 9 2 0 25 0 14
WR Don Forbes 9 5 0 33 0 29
RB Raymond Schwartz 5 2 1 12 0 35
TE Gino Douthett 3 0 0 0 0 22
TE Edward Kata 3 1 0 1 0 25
WR Joseph Wallace 3 2 0 19 0 9
WR Leo Gonzalez 2 1 0 11 0 9
RB Tyrus Goguen 2 1 1 1 0 29
RB Tito Middlehurst 1 0 0 0 0 5
TE Luke Laliberte 1 0 0 0 0 8

Red-Zone Rushing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Yards Avg Overall Avg
Kaiserslautern Att Yards Avg Overall Avg

Red-Zone Passing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Comp Yards Avg/Att Overall Avg
Morris Marrero 6 4 23 3.83 9.62
Kaiserslautern Att Comp Yards Avg/Att Overall Avg
J.T. Ackerman 3 0 0 0.00 2.68

Red-Zone Receiving Statistics

Lowcountry Target Catch Yards Avg/Targ Overall Avg
WR Jorge Cobb 2 1 8 4.00 7.17
WR Dusty Ford 2 1 3 1.50 8.13
TE Jonathan Roderick 1 1 11 11.00 9.50
WR Rufus Farrell 1 1 1 1.00 4.25
Kaiserslautern Target Catch Yards Avg/Targ Overall Avg
TE Gino Douthett 2 0 0 0.00 0.00
RB Tyrus Goguen 1 0 0 0.00 0.50

Third Down Rushing Statistics

Lowcountry Rushes Conversions
Irving Donovan 1 0
Jamal Stinnett 1 1
Kaiserslautern Rushes Conversions
Tyrus Goguen 3 3
J.T. Ackerman 1 0

Third Down Passing Statistics

Lowcountry Att Comp Conversions
Morris Marrero 12 7 5
Kaiserslautern Att Comp Conversions
J.T. Ackerman 11 5 3
Kennedy Benedict 2 1 0

Third Down Receiving Statistics

Lowcountry Targ Catch Conversions
WR Rufus Farrell 4 2 1
WR Darnell Chamberlain 3 1 1
WR Jorge Cobb 2 2 2
TE Jonathan Roderick 1 1 1
RB Irving Donovan 1 1 0
WR Dusty Ford 1 0 0
Kaiserslautern Targ Catch Conversions
WR Don Forbes 4 2 1
WR Leo Gonzalez 2 1 1
RB Raymond Schwartz 2 1 0
WR Calvin Gann 1 0 0
TE Gino Douthett 1 0 0
TE Edward Kata 1 0 0
RB Tyrus Goguen 1 1 0
WR Joseph Wallace 1 1 1
Section Attendance
Stadium 51,300 (70,000 capacity)
Upper Deck 15,600 (21,400)
End Zone 11,200 (15,400)
Mezzanine 6,400 (8,900)
Sideline Seats 9,900 (13,600)
Club Seats 5,400 (7,400)
Luxury Boxes 2,800 (3,300)

Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #28
Dutch
"Dutch"

Our team is not built for a run at this year's championship. I am building the foundation for many years of ass-whuppin's later on.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #29
Ben E Lou

My second preseason game was last night. There's really nothing to say about it but that my Lowcountry Gators still looking good in preseason.

Exhibition Week 3, 2006

played in Lowcountry, SC

78 degrees, fair, 10 mph wind

Raleigh Recalcitrants 3 10 0 14 - 27
Lowcountry Gators 7 7 14 14 - 42
Scoring Summary
1Q: 10:48 RAL - Stephen Meadows 36 field goal
1Q: 05:48 LWC - Jamal Stinnett 3 run (Alex Fox extra point)
2Q: 05:51 RAL - Stephen Meadows 51 field goal
2Q: 02:53 LWC - Jonathan Roderick 12 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
2Q: 00:29 RAL - Brady Jonassen 44 pass from Wayne Kelly (Stephen Meadows extra point)
3Q: 11:50 LWC - Morris Marrero 1 run (Alex Fox extra point)
3Q: 06:36 LWC - Morris Marrero 3 run (Alex Fox extra point)
4Q: 03:12 RAL - Rod LaBrosse 27 pass from Wayne Kelly (Stephen Meadows extra point)
4Q: 02:41 LWC - Darnell Chamberlain 78 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
4Q: 01:54 RAL - Lance Gardner 27 pass from Wayne Kelly (Stephen Meadows extra point)
4Q: 01:26 LWC - Kerry Overhauser 6 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)

Team Statistics RAL LWC
Record 0-2 2-0
First Downs 20 25
- by Rushing 5 12
- by Passing 15 12
- by Penalty 0 1
Total Net Yards 451 573
- Offensive Plays 72 62
- Yards per Play 6.26 9.24
Net Rushing Yards 83 273
- Rushing Attempts 24 37
- Yards per Rush 3.46 7.38
Net Passing Yards 368 300
- Att./Comp./Intrcpt 46 - 25 - 2 24 - 14 - 0
- Gross Passing Yards 381 308
- Sacks/Yards Lost 2/13 1/8
- Yards per Pass Play 7.67 12.00
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/1
3rd Down Conversions 8/18 7/12
- Avg. YtG on 3rd Down 7.7 10.1
4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0
Penalties/Yards 7/39 11/80
Punt Returns/Yards 1/7 2/9
Kick Returns/Yards 5/130 3/61
Interception Ret./Yards 0/0 2/0
2pt Conversions 0/0 0/0
Red Zone Visits 1 5
- Red Zone TDs/FGs 0/1 5/0
Avg. Drive Start OWN 22 OWN 30
Time of Possession 30:19 29:41

Drive Charts

Raleigh Recalcitrants
1 15:00 4:18 OWN 31 9 50 Field Goal
1 5:40 2:08 OWN 6 3 9 Punt
1 1:39 1:52 OWN 20 4 14 Interception
2 13:45 3:30 OWN 5 6 32 Punt
2 7:48 2:03 OWN 41 6 25 Field Goal
2 2:43 2:35 OWN 20 8 80 Touchdown
3 11:37 2:33 OWN 46 5 19 Missed FG
3 6:27 4:24 OWN 39 6 14 Punt
4 14:53 2:39 OWN 2 6 21 Punt
4 9:35 3:13 OWN 5 9 21 Punt
4 4:17 1:16 OWN 16 4 84 Touchdown
4 2:24 0:41 OWN 36 3 64 Touchdown
4 1:16 0:40 OWN 30 3 0 Interception
Lowcountry Gators
1 10:42 5:02 OWN 20 11 80 Touchdown
1 3:32 1:53 OPP 43 6 11 Punt
2 14:47 1:02 OPP 43 3 -15 Punt
2 10:15 2:27 OWN 22 4 37 Fumble
2 5:45 3:02 OWN 19 6 81 Touchdown
2 0:08 0:08 OWN 20 0 -10 Half
3 15:00 3:23 OWN 20 8 80 Touchdown
3 9:04 2:37 OPP 35 5 35 Touchdown
3 2:03 2:10 OWN 19 6 23 Punt
4 12:14 2:39 OWN 29 5 18 Punt
4 6:22 2:05 OWN 31 3 9 Punt
4 3:01 0:37 OWN 20 2 80 Touchdown
4 1:43 0:27 OWN 20 3 80 Touchdown
4 0:36 0:36 OWN 32 1 -1 Game

Rushing Statistics

Raleigh Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Edgar Marte 14 50 3.57 13 1 0
Spencer Beckley 8 22 2.75 6 0 0
Wayne Kelly 2 11 5.50 11 1 0
Irving Donovan 22 156 7.09 22 5 0
Jamal Stinnett 8 97 12.13 78 1 1
Morris Marrero 3 3 1.00 3 0 2
Shawn Everhart 3 18 6.00 8 0 0
Freddie Copeland 1 -1 -1.00 -1 0 0

Passing Statistics

Raleigh Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Wayne Kelly 32 17 288 2/13 3 44 1 102.1
Louis Montgomery 14 8 93 0/0 0 19 1 47.6
Morris Marrero 24 14 308 1/8 3 78 0 142.4

Receiving Statistics

Raleigh Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Lance Gardner 8 15 153 19.13 5 43 1
WR Rod LaBrosse 6 6 81 13.50 10 27 1
WR Brady Jonassen 4 10 60 15.00 6 44 1
WR Dusty Mahoney 3 7 43 14.33 4 22 0
TE Jonathan Turner 2 5 37 18.50 6 19 0
RB Edgar Marte 1 2 4 4.00 0 4 0
TE Harold Harrison 1 1 3 3.00 3 3 0
WR Dusty Ford 5 9 108 21.60 10 35 0
WR Darnell Chamberlain 4 8 140 35.00 79 78 1
TE Jonathan Roderick 2 2 23 11.50 0 12 1
TE Kerry Overhauser 2 2 27 13.50 0 21 1
RB Irving Donovan 1 2 10 10.00 0 10 0
WR Jorge Cobb 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Interception Statistics

Raleigh Ints Yards Avg TD
S Pat Randle El 1 0 0.00 0
OLB Cornelius Collins 1 0 0.00 0

Fumble Statistics

Raleigh Fumb Recov Force TD
Tyrone Robertson 0 1 0 0
Harris Zedalis 0 0 1 0
Broderick Bridges 0 0 1 0
Darnell Chamberlain 1 0 0 0
Irving Donovan 1 0 0 0
Jonathan Roderick 0 1 0 0

Punting Statistics

Raleigh Punt Yards Avg Net LG In20
Zack Boyer 5 197 39.4 37.6 50 1
Bruce Craig 5 240 48.0 42.6 56 4

Kicking Statistics

Raleigh FGs 40+Yd 50+Yd LG PAT
Stephen Meadows 2/3 1/2 1/2 51 3/3
Alex Fox 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 6/6

Punt Return Statistics

Raleigh Ret Yards Avg TD
Josh Haggan 1 7 7.0 0
Rufus Farrell 1 7 7.0 0
Jamal Stinnett 1 2 2.0 0

Kick Return Statistics

Raleigh Ret Yards Avg TD
T.J. Dedrickson 4 108 27.0 0
Brady Jonassen 1 22 22.0 0
Dusty Ford 3 61 20.3 0

Defensive Statistics

Raleigh Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
OLB Jason Maugh 5 0 0.0 18 12
S Neil Wagener 5 0 0.0 16 10
ILB James Rouse 4 1 0.0 18 13
S T.J. Dedrickson 4 0 0.0 22 18
DE Ron Parker 4 0 0.0 22 16
S Phillip Kilpatrick 3 2 0.0 21 15
DT Tyrone Robertson 3 0 0.0 25 22
ILB Emmitt Springer 2 4 0.0 19 12
OLB Cary Reiser 2 2 0.0 18 10
DT Donovan Suckle 2 2 0.0 29 18
S Harris Zedalis 2 0 0.0 15 6
OLB Earl Brady 2 0 0.0 19 15
DE Les Turnbull 1 0 1.0 23 14
CB Vernon Mayes 1 1 0.0 16 13
DT Burt Weir 1 1 0.0 35 20
TE Jonathan Turner 1 0 --- --- ---
CB Josh Haggan 1 0 0.0 18 17
CB Broderick Bridges 1 0 0.0 20 10
DE Jared Poston 1 0 0.0 14 11
WR Brady Jonassen 1 0 --- --- ---
CB Jamal Ellard 1 0 0.0 21 12
OLB Walter Norton 0 1 0.0 18 11
S Darrin Corbett 7 1 0.0 24 48
OLB Cornelius Collins 7 1 0.0 24 47
DT Matt Caldwell 6 2 0.0 22 39
ILB Jumbo Camilleri 5 3 0.0 21 46
S Pat Randle El 5 0 0.0 17 42
DT Luther Gampper 3 2 0.0 17 35
DT Colin Jamison 2 0 1.0 2 9
OLB Rickey Hutton 2 1 0.0 18 33
CB Karl Gibson 2 1 0.0 23 42
CB Daniel Reeves 2 1 0.0 11 15
CB Bart Cochrane 2 0 0.0 13 33
DE Sam Yonkers 1 0 1.0 7 9
CB Harry Mabry 1 1 0.0 5 16
S Eric Ebert 1 0 0.0 7 8
OLB Walter Parker 1 0 0.0 0 1
DE Nathan Gaylor 1 0 0.0 9 16
DE Cory Strom 0 3 0.0 15 32
ILB Paul Grier 0 1 0.0 3 2
DE Eugene Winters 0 1 0.0 17 39

Pass Rush Statistics

Raleigh Sack Block Hurry Knock PPlay
DE Les Turnbull 1.0 1 0 0 14
DT Tyrone Robertson 0.0 0 3 0 22
DE Ron Parker 0.0 0 1 0 16
DE Sam Yonkers 1.0 0 0 0 9
DT Colin Jamison 1.0 0 0 0 9
OLB Rickey Hutton 0.0 1 0 0 33
DT Matt Caldwell 0.0 1 0 0 39
DT Luther Gampper 0.0 0 2 1 35
DE Cory Strom 0.0 0 2 0 32
DE Eugene Winters 0.0 0 1 0 39
DT Russell Gadget 0.0 0 1 0 9

Pass Defense Statistics

Raleigh Caught Defnsd Intrcp PPlay
CB Vernon Mayes 2 0 0 13
S T.J. Dedrickson 2 0 0 18
S Neil Wagener 2 0 0 10
OLB Cary Reiser 2 0 0 10
S Phillip Kilpatrick 1 1 0 15
S Harris Zedalis 1 0 0 6
CB Josh Haggan 1 0 0 17
OLB Walter Norton 1 0 0 11
OLB Earl Brady 1 0 0 15
CB Jamal Ellard 1 0 0 12
S Darrin Corbett 6 0 0 48
S Pat Randle El 4 2 1 42
OLB Cornelius Collins 4 0 1 47
CB Karl Gibson 2 1 0 42
ILB Jumbo Camilleri 2 0 0 46
CB Daniel Reeves 2 0 0 15
OLB Rickey Hutton 1 1 0 33
CB Bart Cochrane 1 1 0 33
OLB Walter Parker 1 0 0 1
CB Harry Mabry 1 0 0 16
DE Nathan Gaylor 1 0 0 16

Blocking Statistics

Raleigh KeyBl BlOpp Panc RPly SckA PPly
Jay Alston 3 3 0 12 0 26
Kenny Stargell 2 3 0 10 0 24
Vince Mathis 1 3 0 20 0 41
Wendell Spaulding 1 2 0 14 1 30
Norm Preston 0 4 0 20 0 37
Pete Solari 0 3 0 20 1 40
Irving Schultz 0 3 0 15 0 30
Jonathan Turner 0 1 0 24 0 43
Kirk Nance 0 1 0 9 0 12
Ryan Bratzke 4 6 2 36 1 25
Mike Sheldon 3 10 0 37 0 25
Pat Buchanan 2 6 2 31 0 23
Clifton Carpenter 2 6 0 37 0 25
Shawn Everhart 1 2 0 29 0 18
Clarence Nestor 1 2 0 6 0 2
Bucky Caldwell 1 2 0 35 0 24

Special Teams Statistics

Raleigh Tackles STPlays
Jeremy Campbell 2 17
Broderick Bridges 1 22
Harold Harrison 1 20
Terrance Poppe 1 16
Edgar Marte 0 26
Lamar Woodard 0 20
Dusty Mahoney 0 18
Harris Zedalis 0 13
Jason Maugh 0 13
Cary Reiser 0 10
Stephen Meadows 0 9
Pete Solari 0 8
Zack Boyer 0 8
Wendell Spaulding 0 7
T.J. Dedrickson 0 7
Irving Schultz 0 7
Brady Jonassen 0 7
Jonathan Turner 0 6
Josh Haggan 0 6
Kim Largent 0 6
Jared Poston 0 5
Norm Preston 0 5
Jamal Ellard 0 5
Jay Alston 0 4
Walter Norton 0 3
Earl Brady 0 3
Emmitt Springer 0 3
Kirk Nance 0 3
Phillip Kilpatrick 0 3
Lance Gardner 0 2
James Rouse 0 2
Vernon Mayes 0 1
Vince Mathis 0 1
Eric Ebert 1 24
Jamal Stinnett 1 21
Rufus Farrell 1 20
Damon Karo 1 18
Jorge Cobb 1 13
Darrin Corbett 1 4
Daniel Reeves 0 16
Freddie Copeland 0 16
Walter Parker 0 15
Harry Mabry 0 12
Kerry Overhauser 0 11
Darnell Chamberlain 0 7
Shawn Everhart 0 7
Alex Fox 0 7
Sam Yonkers 0 6
Paul Grier 0 6
Cory Strom 0 5
Tony Hanks 0 5
Ray Castillo 0 5
Bruce Craig 0 5
Jonathan Roderick 0 5
Clifton Carpenter 0 5
Mike Sheldon 0 5
Ron Craighead 0 5
Luther Gampper 0 4
Bart Cochrane 0 4
Matt Caldwell 0 4
Eugene Winters 0 4
Dusty Ford 0 4
Rickey Hutton 0 3
Jumbo Camilleri 0 3
Karl Gibson 0 3
Cornelius Collins 0 3
Nathan Gaylor 0 3
Russell Gadget 0 3
Irving Donovan 0 2
Pat Randle El 0 2
Dan Coward 0 1

Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 4 7 1.8
Middle 19 73 3.8
Right 1 3 3.0
None 0 0 0.0
Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 5 58 11.6
Middle 21 150 7.1
Right 10 66 6.6
None 1 -1 -1.0

Raleigh Att Cmp 20+ BdTh Drop Dfns Hurr Knck Intc
Wayne Kelly 32 17 7 2 2 5 3 1 1
Louis Montgomery 14 8 0 1 1 0 3 0 1
Morris Marrero 24 14 6 1 3 1 4 0 0

Screen 4 2 11 2.8
Short (0-8 Yds) 11 7 34 3.1
Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 9 120 9.2
Long (19+ Yds) 18 7 216 12.0
Screen 0 0 0 0.0
Short (0-8 Yds) 1 1 6 6.0
Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 9 136 10.5
Long (19+ Yds) 10 4 166 16.6

Raleigh Targt Caugt Dropd Yards 20+ PPlay
WR Lance Gardner 15 8 2 153 4 32
WR Brady Jonassen 10 4 1 60 1 29
WR Dusty Mahoney 7 3 0 43 1 39
WR Rod LaBrosse 6 6 0 81 1 18
TE Jonathan Turner 5 2 0 37 0 43
RB Edgar Marte 2 1 0 4 0 34
TE Harold Harrison 1 1 0 3 0 12
WR Dusty Ford 9 5 1 108 2 20
WR Darnell Chamberlain 8 4 0 140 3 18
TE Jonathan Roderick 2 2 0 23 0 21
TE Kerry Overhauser 2 2 0 27 1 2
RB Irving Donovan 2 1 1 10 0 21
WR Jorge Cobb 1 0 1 0 0 6

Raleigh Att Yards Avg Overall Avg
Irving Donovan 4 17 4.25 7.09
Jamal Stinnett 3 10 3.33 12.13
Morris Marrero 2 4 2.00 1.00
Shawn Everhart 1 7 7.00 6.00
Freddie Copeland 1 -1 -1.00 -1.00

Raleigh Att Comp Yards Avg/Att Overall Avg
Louis Montgomery 1 0 0 0.00 6.64
Morris Marrero 4 3 28 7.00 12.83

Raleigh Target Catch Yards Avg/Targ Overall Avg
WR Lance Gardner 1 0 0 0.00 10.20
TE Jonathan Roderick 1 1 12 12.00 11.50
TE Kerry Overhauser 1 1 6 6.00 13.50
RB Irving Donovan 1 1 10 10.00 5.00
WR Dusty Ford 1 0 0 0.00 12.00

Raleigh Rushes Conversions
Edgar Marte 4 2
Wayne Kelly 1 1
Irving Donovan 3 2
Morris Marrero 1 1
Shawn Everhart 1 0
Jamal Stinnett 1 1

Raleigh Att Comp Conversions
Wayne Kelly 8 4 4
Louis Montgomery 5 3 1
Morris Marrero 6 4 3

Raleigh Targ Catch Conversions
WR Brady Jonassen 5 2 1
RB Edgar Marte 2 1 1
WR Lance Gardner 2 1 0
WR Rod LaBrosse 2 2 2
TE Jonathan Turner 1 0 0
WR Dusty Mahoney 1 1 1
WR Dusty Ford 4 2 2
WR Darnell Chamberlain 2 2 1
Section Attendance
Stadium 51,400 (70,000 capacity)
Upper Deck 15,800 (21,400)
End Zone 11,300 (15,400)
Mezzanine 6,500 (8,900)
Sideline Seats 10,000 (13,600)
Club Seats 5,400 (7,400)
Luxury Boxes 2,400 (3,300)

Old 02-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #30
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

To be honest, barring a catastrophic run of bad luck, there's no doubt in my mind that the Gators are going to win it all this year. They've got the personnel and the gameplan to burn the rest of the league.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #31
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
To be honest, barring a catastrophic run of bad luck, there's no doubt in my mind that the Gators are going to win it all this year. They've got the personnel and the gameplan to burn the rest of the league.

They're certainly a favorite... I think Las Vegas, Des Moines, and a few other teams will have a say - but it's hard not to make Lowcountry the frontrunner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #32
RedKingGold
College Starter

Am I the only one who can't wait until Lowcountry starts off 0-5 and Ben has that press conference where he does his best Dennis Green impersonation?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #33
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Who's going to figure out how to run a decent cover 2 and stop him from throwing over 10 yards on every attempt. Shouldn't be too hard to muster.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
Taco
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
They're certainly a favorite... I think Las Vegas, Des Moines, and a few other teams will have a say - but it's hard not to make Lowcountry the frontrunner.

I hope we'll have a say. But we don't like the pressure of being the highest ranked team in the game.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
Ben E Lou

We won our last two preseason games, our scrubs playing most of the time. The regular season starts tomorrow night, and I've written up a league preview. Here it is:

TEAM OWNER Pwr Age RushOff PassOff RushDef PassDef Comments W L
Lappland Fightin' Reindeers 3ric 42 23.3 B C C C Offense could have a good running game and a decent QB, but the receivers leave much to be desired. Shannon Horowitz is a likely star on defense, and a few other very good players are on that side of the ball, but too many rookies will play for this team. 7 9
Kaiserslautern Wolves Dutch 10 23.2 C- C+ D B- This is a very young team. The secondary looks like it is going to be very good in a year or two. Unsettled at QB. Lots of holes on both sides of the ball to be filled before they can contend. 5 11
Stuttgart Stallions JeeberD 76 26.6 B+ C+ B- C+ The Stallions look like they'll have a solid rushing attack, led by Cedric Cunningham and a strong offensive line. QB Darren Varto should be decent. Opponents would do well to avoid running up the middle at NT Vernon Reece, but no one else on the defensive side of the ball looks particularly imposing. 9 7
Copenhagen Great Danes Northwood_DK 70 24.8 B B- B- C+ Copenhagen looks like they have the most balanced squad in the division. It appears that they won't be great at any one aspect of the game, but that they'll be pretty solid all around. They're my pick for Northern European champs. 10 6
49.5 5)"> 24.5
Driftwood Rabid Javelina cartman 44 24.6 B+ D+ C C Made what looks to be a horrid pick of QB Shane Oaks in the 8th round, but should have a fairly impressive running game. They look very vanilla on defense. May have clubhouse issues. 9 7
Las Vegas Ballas primelord 98 28.0 B ? A- A On paper, the Ballas have everything but a QB, and undrafted FA QB Terrance Buckley looked VERY good in the preseason. Does primelord dare to start a guy at QB who wasn't considered to be among the top 1900 players in the league? Defense could be the best in the WOOF. 12 4
Mexico City Aztecs stevew 24 23.3 B- C C D Traded away their best player for an old QB and a couple of 2nd round picks, in hopes that QB Dominic Beckles can lead the franchise for a decade or more. Good nucleus of young players, but people are going to score on these guys this year. 4 12
Grand Junction Silverbacks TroyF 80 26.2 B D B+ B TroyF has built a solid team in most places, but the Silverbacks are severely lacking at the critical QB position. If they can solve that issue, or even come up with a temporary stopgap, they will be a playoff team. 10 6
61.5 11)"> 25.5
Delaware Encryptors CraigSca 24 23.3 C- C+ C+ B A young team with a good nucleus, the Encryptors could sneak up on a few people this year, but they're probably a couple of years away from being a playoff contender. 6 10
Charlottesville Jeffersonians digamma 56 25.0 B B C C+ Paid $13M for O.J. Owens to mentor Don Grande, and that may look like a bargain one day. If Grande can show some solid development this year, this offense will be one of the better ones in the league by the end of the season. Look for the Jeffersonians in the playoffs as Mid-Atlantic Champs. 10 6
Raleigh Recalcitrants gstelmack 36 24.8 C+ D- B- B+ The running game would have gotten a higher grade, but the lack of any real passing threat is going to allow teams to stack the box against Raleigh all year long. The above average defense and kicking game will help them win some games. 7 9
Hampton Roads Scholars wade moore 64 26.0 C+ C+ B B+ They've got a very solid defense, but a QB situation that could become muddled before the year is over. Still, they should battle Charlottesville for the division title. 10 6
45 17)"> 24.8
Memphis Dynasty Celeval 94 26.3 B- B+ B A- Celeval's team has no glaring weaknesses, but could suffer in the W-L column from playing in what appears to be the WOOF's toughest division in 2006. 11 5
Columbus Cheetahs Pumpy Tudors 64 24.4 B- B- C+ B In most other divisions, this team would be in the hunt for the title. However, they're likely no better than an also-ran in the Midwest. 8 8
Des Moines Monks Taco 100 26.7 C+ B- B A+ WOOF's best Power Rating goes to a team built around what should be a stellar defense. The Monks should have enough offensive firepower to overcome most opponents. Look for a deep playoff run, but I see them losing to the Ballas in the IFC Championship Game. 12 4
Leavenworth Shivs Cuckoo 60 24.2 A C+ B C Offensively, they're built for a run-first philosophy, with just enough talent in the passing game to keep defenses relatively honest. Their safeties will keep teams from hitting the deep ball, but the corners should be quite vulnerable to short and medium passing. 7 9
Atlantic City Gamblers Eaglesfan27 50 26.4 B ? C C Much depends on the development of QB Tyrus DeVito. If he comes along quickly, look for the Gamblers to contend for the playoffs. If not, 6-10 isn't out of the question. 8 8
Hawk Mountain Sharpshins QuikSand 54 24.5 C B- C+ C+ The Sharpshins are built for success in the very near future, but probably won't be major players in the 2006 campaign. Look, though, for QB Johnny Phillips to become a household name in the not-too-distant future. 9 7
Wilkes-Barre Coal Miners RedKingGold 2 23.5 C- C- C+ C The Coal Miners are the worst team in the WOOF, on paper, but they won all four preaseason games. However, when the games count, look for them to come up short quite often. 5 11
Scranton Steam Engines TredWel 70 24.8 B+ D B B+ The Steam Engine may have some serious QB issues this year, but otherwise look very strong, probably strong enough to hold off Hawk Mountain and Atlantic City in what should be a tight divisonal race. 10 6
44 29)"> 24.8
Rome Gladiators Emiliano 64 24.9 B- C+ B B Good receivers, but who's gonna throw it to them? They've got some nice young players, enough to be competitive this year, and have a solid nucleus for the next five or so. 7 9
Camargue Flamingos fantastic flying froggies 64 24.9 C- B+ B+ B The Flamingos are my pick to win the Southern European Division, powered by one of the league's top passing games, and good defense 11 5
Toledo Sword Masters Icy 62 24.8 B D C B They've already lost their 2nd round pick for the season, and they could have a revolving door at QB. The Sword Masters won't live up to their Power Rating. 6 10
Rusholme Ruffians Narcizo 32 23.3 C- C- C- C- Lots of youth in Rusholme. A few players could be long-term Ruffians, but they will also be forced to give too many minutes to players who will turn out to be just plain stiffs. 5 11
55.5 35)"> 24.5
Jacksonville Admirals Flasch186 88 26.0 B+ B- B C Jax went strong at QB, but didn't grab WRs to go with him. Still, the running game looks to be their strong point, with mixing in enough passes to keep defenses honest. It should be enough to get them into the playoffs 10 6
Curacao Cocktail MIJB#19 46 23.5 C+ B C- B The offensive line will be good soon, but looks a little too young and underdeveloped to make much headway this season. Teams should be able to run against the Cocktail, and in this division, that's bad news for MIJB. 6 10
Savannah Fire Ants SackAttack 48 24.8 D C B C- I don't see the Fire Ants being able to move the ball well, even against mediocre defenses. Look for this team to struggle. 4 12
Lowcountry Gators SkyDog 90 25.5 B+ A+ C+ C+ The Gators obviously are built with one thing in mind: just outscore people. Passing offense was lights-out in preseason, with all three QBs putting up QB ratings >115.0. Will the Las Vegas at Lowcountry matchup Week 4 be a preview of Doggie Bowl I??? 12 4
68 41)"> 25
Oceanside Sandsharks Antmeister 54 25.5 C- D B C The Sandsharks drafted a few absolute studs, but they were at positions without much synergy with the other drafted players. They'll struggle this year. 5 11
Mountain View Spiders Daimyo 46 24.9 C C+ C C+ The Spiders look rather mediocre across the board this year, and have a young QB. I don't see them striking much fear into opponents' hearts this year. 6 10
Bozeman Kodiaks miked 44 24.3 B D C- B Their defense looks very vulnerable on the edges, and the apparent lack of a reliable QB can't be good either. 4 12
Palouse Hills Whirlwind WSUCougar 76 24.8 B- B B- B The Whirlwind took the league's top-rated QB with the #3 overall pick, but then didn't get any top-tier receivers to go with him. Still, they've got plenty of firepower to win what looks to be WOOF's least competitive division this year. 11 5
55 47)"> 24.9
Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #36
Dutch
"Dutch"

Good stuff. No arguments from me.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #37
Ben E Lou

2006 WEEK ONE PREVIEW
(vs. Scranton)
We're 6-point favorites at home against TredWel and the Scranton Steam Engines. First off, here's the in-game preview:

The Steam Engines used their first four picks in the draft on the line of scrimmage, two on each side of the ball. Then, they selected two LBs, and CB, and a SS. Rounding out their manual picks were a C, RB, TE, and SE. Clearly they were going for a ball-control offense with a solid defense. They're led on defense by their first pick, LDE J.C. Cox, the 12th player taken overall, and pretty much an all-around stud. The offense looks like it is going to rely on RB Duane Sexton, a guy with great hole recognition but low endurance. They've still got 60 on their roster, and I'm not certain which of the four QBs they have will be kept, or even which one will start. None have a current rating above 17, though, so I suppose I'm not giving away in big secrets by saying that my defensive game plan for tonight isn't exactly set up to fear the passing game. The marquee matchup appears to be my receivers against their secondary. They've got two CBs rated above 60, and pretty good safeties, too.

I'm a bit concerned about this one, because if I were going to construct a team to beat the Gators, I'd construct it like the Steam Engines (but with a better QB, of course). If they can control the clock and shorten the game, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off what would probably be considered an upset by most.

The sim runs at 9pm tonight, and I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll probably actually stay up late enough to view it in Solevision and report in.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #38
QuikSand
lolzcat

Since you gave tabbed Scranton to be the favorites in their division (which is also my division) I'd be just tickled pink to see you put them down right away. With a clean slate and all, I'm in the obvious position of thinking my Hawk Mountain team has a shot.

Best of luck.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #39
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Since you gave tabbed Scranton to be the favorites in their division (which is also my division) I'd be just tickled pink to see you put them down right away. With a clean slate and all, I'm in the obvious position of thinking my Hawk Mountain team has a shot.

Best of luck.
Normally, I'd never pick a team with as poor of a QB situation as Scranton to win a division, but I'm of the opinion that with game-generated FOF2K7 rosters, it's a new ball game with regard to the ability of a running, ball-management team being able to have success. I don't think such a team is a legit threat to win the whole shebang when there are teams out there that can sling it around, but with well over half the teams in the league starting QBs rated under 40 (current), the regular season will be quite interesting. Hawk Mountain is definitely a team that could turn it on later in the season and give the Steam Engines a battle for the division title.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #40
TredWel
High School Varsity

Good luck tonight. Hope I can pull off the upset.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #41
Ben E Lou

WEEK ONE 2006 REPORT

We opened the season in front of the home folks with a very nice 28-3 win over Scranton. Although the lead was only 7-3 at the half, Scranton never felt like a major threat in this one. We moved the ball pretty well in the first half, but just didn't score as much as we would have liked. Conversely, Scranton had less than 100 yards of total offense in the half, and their offense looked pretty anemic all day. The numbers....

• QB Morris Marrero was game MVP, completing 14 out of 23 passes for 258 yards with 4 TDs and 1 INT.
  • RB Irving Donovan is looking like he can be a real workhorse back. He had 26 carries for 121 yards, with no run greater than 17 yards.
  • Young speedster FL Dusty Ford looked brilliant, even though he had rather limited opportunities. He was only on the field for 17 pass plays, but had 6 catches for 117 yards and 2 TDs. He also returned two kickoffs for 47 yards.
  • SE Darnell Chamberlain, also on the field for a low number of passes (18), had 3 catches for 80 yards. All three were for 20 yards or more. He also returned 3 punts for 30 yards.
  • RDT Matt Caldwell was the top performer on defense, with 5 tackles, a sack, a hurry, and 2 QB knockdowns.
  • The defense on the whole held Scranton to only 185 total yards, while our offense racked up 396.
INJURIES
Nothing beyond minor bumps and bruises. No one is worse than questionable, and all are expected to be full strength within a couple of weeks.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION
Jacksonville easily handled highly-regarded Las Vegas 27-6. The Ballas did *not* go with Terrence Buckley at QB. They actually cut him, then saw the two QBs they used turn in a dismal combined 14 for 30 performance for only 163 yards and an interception. For the admirals, QB Oscar Bruce was 15 for 23 for 110 yards with 2 Tds and 0 INTs, and RB Bryant Cukner toted the rock 29 times for 107 yards. Their first round pick, LDE Travis Horn, racked up 3 sacks, a hurry, and 4 QB knockdowns to win league-wide DPOW honors.

Curacao lost a 24-21 thriller to Driftwood at home when QB Ross Perry threw a TD pass with 22 seconds to go for the win. RB Joel McKnight had 17 carries for 101 yards for the Cocktail, and QB Drew Pommier was 21 for 27 for 183 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Defensively, the Cocktail look to be pretty much who we thought they were. Driftwood RB Levon Moniz ripped them for 158 yards on 18 carries, and the Rabid Javelina racked up 398 total yards to Curacao's 318.

Due in large part to the QB issues of the Silverbacks, Savannah kept it close against Grand Junction, but lost 13-10 despite GRJ's QB O.J. Kearney's horrendous day: 22 for 40 for 169 yards with 0 TDs and 3 INTs. The Fire Ants looked as unimpressive as expected. QB Zack Baker was 25 for 41 for only 193 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Their somewhat-bright spot would be that RB Frank Alexander had 12 carries for 59 yards.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
  • Unfortunately for us (since we have their first-round pick), EF27's Atlantic City Gamblers opened with a 29-13 win over RKG's hapless Wilkes-Barre Coal Miners.
  • Quik had to be pleased that Hawk Mountain looked good in a 31-24 win over Mountain View.
  • WSUCougar and the Palouse Hills Whirlwind upended Celeval's Memphis Dynasty 21-14.
  • QB Darren Varto, a 30th-round pick for Stuttgart, was Offensive Player Of The Week. He was 22 for 31 for 314 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs as Stuttgart manhandled Delaware 40-14.
  • Top-rated Des Moines opened with a 30-7 thrashing of what looks like a pretty solid Leavenworth squad.
NEXT WEEK
We head down to Jacksonville for a division showdown next week. We are one-point underdogs against the Admirals.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 AM   #42
Ben E Lou

2006 WEEK TWO PREVIEW
(at Jacksvonville)
Flasch's Admirals are up next:

We're one-point dogs, but our WRs and our O-Line is considered to have the advantage. The Admirals look good on paper, especially offensively, but in what looks like it'll be an offensive showcase, I wouldn't bet against the Gators.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #43
Ben E Lou

During the midweek stage, we acquired a mentor OT from Raleigh for our 4th and 5th round picks next year. I'm hoping he'll help bring rookie LT Bucky Caldwell along nicely.

The Week 2 sim runs at 9pm tonight.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #44
miked
College Starter

I'm peeking in to this thread to see what offense looks like...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #45
Ben E Lou

Checking back in here after missing three games.

WEEK TWO
We rack up 421 yards of total offense as we win 27-17 over Jacksonville. Marrero is the game MVP with 16 completions in 26 attempts for 322 yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Donovan chips in 81 yards rushing, and we're really only held back by our ten penalties.

WEEK THREE
This may be the weirdest statistical game I've ever seen in FOF MP. We actually out-gained Grand Junction 374-307, yet lost 31-6. We had four turnovers (including two in our own territory in the first five minutes of the game), and seven penalties.

WEEK FOUR
We recovered very nicely against Las Vegas, putting up 21 points in the first quarter en route to a 45-16 spanking. Donovan carried 16 times for 106 yards and a TD, and Marrero was 15 for 28 for 269 yards with 5 TDs and 0 INTs.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #46
Ben E Lou

We've got MIJB and the Curacao Cocktail in a little less than a half an hour. Here's the preview info:

As you can see, there's little reason to believe that we can't move the ball against these guys.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #47
Ben E Lou

The Lowcountry Run-N-Stun was in full effect, but that ignored-in-the-draft defense struggled. Still, the offense was enough to carry us to a 44-38 overtime win that featured some staggering offensive numbers for both teams:

Week 5, 2006

played in Curacao, TX

80 degrees, fair, 7 mph wind

Lowcountry Gators 0 14 14 10 6 - 44
Curacao Cocktail 0 10 7 21 0 - 38
Scoring Summary
2Q: 11:50 LWC - Jonathan Roderick 2 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
2Q: 06:47 LWC - Rufus Farrell 18 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
2Q: 03:58 CUR - Joel McKnight 5 run (Charlie Batchelor extra point)
2Q: 00:03 CUR - Charlie Batchelor 24 field goal
3Q: 12:06 LWC - Darnell Chamberlain 1 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
3Q: 07:05 CUR - Drew Pommier 2 run (Charlie Batchelor extra point)
3Q: 03:03 LWC - Darnell Chamberlain 24 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
4Q: 09:29 CUR - Craig Turnbull 2 pass from Drew Pommier (Charlie Batchelor extra point)
4Q: 06:03 LWC - Irving Donovan 24 pass from Morris Marrero (Alex Fox extra point)
4Q: 03:16 CUR - Jerry Monroe 9 pass from Drew Pommier (Drew Pommier pass for conversion failed)
4Q: 02:06 CUR - Jerry Monroe 85 pass from Drew Pommier (Drew Pommier pass to Renaldo Cline for conversion)
4Q: 00:11 LWC - Alex Fox 25 field goal
OT: 01:59 LWC - Jorge Cobb 38 pass from Morris Marrero

Team Statistics LWC CUR
Record 4-1 1-3
First Downs 27 32
- by Rushing 8 8
- by Passing 17 22
- by Penalty 2 2
Total Net Yards 500 617
- Offensive Plays 72 83
- Yards per Play 6.94 7.43
Net Rushing Yards 169 150
- Rushing Attempts 38 35
- Yards per Rush 4.45 4.29
Net Passing Yards 331 467
- Att./Comp./Intrcpt 33 - 19 - 0 48 - 35 - 1
- Gross Passing Yards 336 467
- Sacks/Yards Lost 1/5 0/0
- Yards per Pass Play 9.74 9.73
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 2/1
3rd Down Conversions 4/11 6/15
- Avg. YtG on 3rd Down 6.7 7.1
4th Down Conversions 1/1 2/2
Penalties/Yards 7/35 17/125
Punt Returns/Yards 1/15 3/18
Kick Returns/Yards 5/126 6/127
Interception Ret./Yards 1/12 0/0
2pt Conversions 0/0 2/1
Red Zone Visits 3 5
- Red Zone TDs/FGs 2/1 4/1
Avg. Drive Start OWN 31 OWN 28
Time of Possession 33:18 39:58

Drive Charts

Lowcountry Gators
1 12:17 3:51 OWN 4 8 52 Punt
1 1:17 4:33 OWN 20 9 80 Touchdown
2 10:10 3:33 OWN 38 9 62 Touchdown
2 3:51 1:19 OWN 29 3 6 Punt
2 0:43 0:34 OWN 20 2 2 Fumble
3 15:00 2:17 OWN 29 5 16 Punt
3 12:06 0:05 OPP 1 1 1 Touchdown
3 6:24 3:38 OWN 27 7 73 Touchdown
3 0:50 1:00 OWN 20 3 -2 Punt
4 9:19 3:31 OWN 41 6 59 Touchdown
4 3:10 1:04 OWN 31 4 25 Punt
4 2:00 1:56 OWN 20 9 72 Field Goal
OT1 11:29 2:24 OWN 34 3 4 Punt
OT1 4:32 2:48 OWN 20 5 80 Touchdown
Curacao Cocktail
1 15:00 2:43 OWN 18 4 15 Punt
1 8:26 7:09 OWN 20 13 57 Interception
2 11:44 1:34 OWN 23 3 1 Punt
2 6:37 2:46 OWN 26 8 74 Touchdown
2 2:32 1:49 OWN 19 6 30 Punt
2 0:09 0:09 OPP 22 1 15 Field Goal
3 12:43 0:37 OWN 2 2 7 Fumble
3 12:01 5:09 OWN 24 9 76 Touchdown
3 2:46 1:56 OWN 43 3 8 Punt
4 14:50 5:31 OWN 47 10 53 Touchdown
4 5:48 2:38 OWN 24 8 76 Touchdown
4 2:06 0:06 OWN 20 1 80 Touchdown
4 0:04 0:04 OWN 20 1 22 Half
OT1 15:00 3:31 OWN 20 6 14 Punt
OT1 9:05 4:33 OWN 15 8 34 Punt

Rushing Statistics

Irving Donovan 31 147 4.74 12 3 0
Jamal Stinnett 6 18 3.00 8 0 0
Morris Marrero 1 4 4.00 4 0 0
Curacao Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Joel McKnight 19 81 4.26 10 1 1
Frankie Sawyer 12 47 3.92 9 0 0
Drew Pommier 4 22 5.50 10 1 1

Passing Statistics

Morris Marrero 33 19 336 1/5 6 47 0 132.1
Curacao Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Drew Pommier 48 35 467 0/0 3 85 1 115.5

Receiving Statistics

WR Darnell Chamberlain 5 8 103 20.60 19 47 2
TE Jonathan Roderick 4 7 65 16.25 22 22 1
WR Dusty Ford 4 9 45 11.25 11 23 0
WR Rufus Farrell 2 4 28 14.00 4 18 1
WR Jorge Cobb 2 2 67 33.50 1 38 1
FB Shawn Everhart 1 1 4 4.00 0 4 0
RB Irving Donovan 1 1 24 24.00 0 24 1
TE Kerry Overhauser 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
Curacao Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Monty Peterson 7 11 67 9.57 7 18 0
WR Jerry Monroe 5 7 135 27.00 73 85 2
WR Bart Legette 5 8 60 12.00 30 21 0
TE Adrian Davison 4 6 79 19.75 0 44 0
WR Renaldo Cline 4 4 55 13.75 3 23 0
TE Craig Turnbull 3 3 33 11.00 22 22 1
RB Frankie Sawyer 3 4 11 3.67 7 5 0
FB Luke Reeves 2 2 18 9.00 17 11 0
FB Ty Coffey 1 1 7 7.00 5 7 0
RB Joel McKnight 1 1 2 2.00 0 2 0
WR Ron Hardy 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Interception Statistics

CB Daniel Reeves 1 12 12.00 0
Curacao Ints Yards Avg TD

Fumble Statistics

Irving Donovan 1 0 0 0
Bart Cochrane 0 1 0 0
Luther Gampper 0 0 1 0
Russell Gadget 0 0 1 0
Curacao Fumb Recov Force TD
Joel McKnight 1 0 0 0
Frankie Sawyer 1 0 0 0
Dusty Reier 0 1 0 0
Eddie Pierce 0 1 0 0
Gus Troupe 0 0 1 0

Punting Statistics

Bruce Craig 6 287 47.8 38.2 53 3
Curacao Punt Yards Avg Net LG In20
Richard Coles 6 299 49.8 37.3 63 2

Kicking Statistics

Alex Fox 1/1 0/0 0/0 25 5/5
Curacao FGs 40+Yd 50+Yd LG PAT
Charlie Batchelor 1/1 0/0 0/0 24 3/3

Punt Return Statistics

Darnell Chamberlain 1 15 15.0 0
Curacao Ret Yards Avg TD
Mickey Bailey 3 18 6.0 0

Kick Return Statistics

Dusty Ford 3 63 21.0 0
Darnell Chamberlain 2 63 31.5 0
Curacao Ret Yards Avg TD
Renaldo Cline 6 127 21.2 0

Defensive Statistics

ILB Jumbo Camilleri 11 3 0.0 33 44
OLB Rickey Hutton 9 1 0.0 31 30
CB Karl Gibson 5 2 0.0 29 34
DE Cory Strom 5 1 0.0 28 44
DE Eugene Winters 5 0 0.0 26 43
OLB Cornelius Collins 4 3 0.0 30 34
DT Luther Gampper 4 2 0.0 24 32
CB Harry Mabry 4 0 0.0 26 32
CB Bart Cochrane 3 1 0.0 12 24
S Pat Randle El 3 1 0.0 23 43
DT Russell Gadget 3 0 0.0 24 30
DT Colin Jamison 2 0 0.0 16 18
CB Daniel Reeves 2 0 0.0 9 16
OLB Drew Peterson 2 0 0.0 4 10
S Darrin Corbett 1 2 0.0 30 36
S Eric Ebert 1 1 0.0 11 20
OLB Walter Parker 1 0 0.0 5 14
ILB Paul Grier 0 1 0.0 2 4
Curacao Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
S Clyde Jacox 7 2 0.0 25 28
OLB Johnnie Ishii 6 1 0.0 19 11
OLB Roosevelt Kaplan 5 2 0.0 29 31
DE Donny George 5 1 0.0 28 22
OLB Lincoln Jordan 5 0 0.0 23 18
DT Justin Garrett 4 2 0.0 28 22
ILB Keith Phillips 4 0 0.0 28 23
DE Eddie Pierce 3 2 0.0 31 26
S Gus Troupe 3 0 0.0 20 11
DT Matt Hammond 2 2 0.0 23 23
S Nathan Hopper 2 1 0.0 31 27
ILB Dixon Hixson 2 0 0.0 10 11
CB Deon Healey 1 0 1.0 19 20
CB Cris Leaf 1 2 0.0 26 24
WR Bart Legette 1 0 --- --- ---
CB Jimmie Boone 1 0 0.0 38 33
G Gerald Garrison 1 0 --- --- ---
DT Deion Goodwin 1 0 0.0 20 22

Pass Rush Statistics

OLB Cornelius Collins 0.0 1 0 0 34
CB Karl Gibson 0.0 0 1 0 34
DE Eugene Winters 0.0 0 1 0 43
DE Nathan Gaylor 0.0 0 1 0 13
Curacao Sack Block Hurry Knock PPlay
CB Deon Healey 1.0 0 0 0 20
DE Donny George 0.0 0 2 0 22
DE Eddie Pierce 0.0 0 1 0 26

Pass Defense Statistics

ILB Jumbo Camilleri 6 1 0 44
CB Karl Gibson 6 1 0 34
OLB Rickey Hutton 5 0 0 30
CB Harry Mabry 4 0 0 32
OLB Cornelius Collins 4 0 0 34
S Pat Randle El 3 1 0 43
CB Bart Cochrane 3 0 0 24
CB Daniel Reeves 2 1 1 16
S Darrin Corbett 1 0 0 36
DE Eugene Winters 1 0 0 43
DT Russell Gadget 0 1 0 30
Curacao Caught Defnsd Intrcp PPlay
OLB Roosevelt Kaplan 5 1 0 31
S Clyde Jacox 4 1 0 28
S Nathan Hopper 2 1 0 27
OLB Johnnie Ishii 2 0 0 11
CB Jimmie Boone 1 1 0 33
OLB Lincoln Jordan 1 0 0 18
ILB Keith Phillips 1 0 0 23
ILB Dixon Hixson 1 0 0 11
CB Cris Leaf 1 0 0 24
S Gus Troupe 1 0 0 11
CB Deon Healey 0 1 0 20

Blocking Statistics

Jonathan Roderick 4 6 1 35 0 29
Shawn Everhart 3 4 0 29 0 27
Mike Sheldon 2 9 1 38 0 34
Ryan Bratzke 2 7 0 37 0 32
Pete Solari 2 2 0 9 0 9
Clifton Carpenter 1 4 0 38 0 34
Bucky Caldwell 1 2 0 33 1 29
Pat Buchanan 1 2 0 33 0 30
Kerry Overhauser 0 1 0 1 0 3
Curacao KeyBl BlOpp Panc RPly SckA PPly
Edwin Chabala 3 8 0 25 0 36
Gerald Garrison 3 4 0 19 0 22
Shannon Benton 2 3 0 12 0 14
Dusty Reier 2 2 0 27 0 33
Jesse Sanderson 1 5 0 24 0 38
Gino Baxter 1 2 0 27 0 37
Craig Turnbull 1 1 0 14 0 12
Luke Reeves 0 3 0 14 0 25
Mel Ruffin 0 2 0 27 0 38
Stephen Heath 0 2 0 14 0 22
Adrian Davison 0 1 0 24 0 32

Special Teams Statistics

Jamal Stinnett 3 26
Eric Ebert 2 22
Damon Karo 1 21
Rufus Farrell 1 18
Freddie Copeland 1 11
Irving Donovan 1 1
Walter Parker 0 25
Daniel Reeves 0 19
Jorge Cobb 0 19
Bart Cochrane 0 15
Kerry Overhauser 0 14
Darnell Chamberlain 0 13
Alex Fox 0 9
Pete Solari 0 7
Tony Hanks 0 7
Clifton Carpenter 0 7
Shawn Everhart 0 7
Ron Craighead 0 7
Bruce Craig 0 6
Jonathan Roderick 0 6
Mike Sheldon 0 6
Paul Grier 0 6
Dusty Ford 0 6
Dan Coward 0 5
Cornelius Collins 0 3
Nathan Gaylor 0 3
Drew Peterson 0 3
Cory Strom 0 2
Darrin Corbett 0 2
Eugene Winters 0 2
Russell Gadget 0 2
Luther Gampper 0 1
Rickey Hutton 0 1
Jumbo Camilleri 0 1
Junior Moore 0 1
Pat Randle El 0 1
Karl Gibson 0 1
Kendall James 0 1
Harry Mabry 0 1
Curacao Tackles STPlays
Gus Troupe 2 26
Spencer Libero 2 12
Jimmie Boone 1 27
Adrian Davison 1 10
Mickey Bailey 0 27
Andy Stephens 0 21
Monty Peterson 0 20
Ty Coffey 0 17
Ron Hardy 0 15
Dixon Hixson 0 14
Craig Turnbull 0 13
Roosevelt Kaplan 0 13
Johnnie Ishii 0 8
Renaldo Cline 0 8
Gerald Garrison 0 7
Stephen Heath 0 7
Deon Healey 0 7
Aaron Tarkenton 0 6
Justin Garrett 0 6
Richard Coles 0 6
Colin Dunn 0 6
Jesse Sanderson 0 6
Shannon Benton 0 5
Luke Reeves 0 4
Dusty Reier 0 3
Edwin Chabala 0 3
Nathan Hopper 0 2
Jerry Monroe 0 1
Clyde Jacox 0 1
Keith Phillips 0 1
Cris Leaf 0 1
Donny George 0 1
Carlton Cowan 0 1
Charlie Batchelor 0 1
Eddie Pierce 0 1
Matt Hammond 0 1

Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 10 54 5.4
Middle 20 77 3.9
Right 8 38 4.8
None 0 0 0.0
Distance Att Yards Avg
Left 6 31 5.2
Middle 24 97 4.0
Right 5 22 4.4
None 0 0 0.0

Morris Marrero 33 19 10 3 3 5 3 0 0
Curacao Att Cmp 20+ BdTh Drop Dfns Hurr Knck Intc
Drew Pommier 48 35 7 1 2 5 3 0 1

Screen 0 0 0 0.0
Short (0-8 Yds) 6 6 31 5.2
Medium (9-18 Yds) 12 7 125 10.4
Long (19+ Yds) 15 6 180 12.0
Screen 4 4 20 5.0
Short (0-8 Yds) 22 17 125 5.7
Medium (9-18 Yds) 14 9 190 13.6
Long (19+ Yds) 8 5 132 16.5

WR Dusty Ford 9 4 1 45 1 25
WR Darnell Chamberlain 8 5 0 103 3 21
TE Jonathan Roderick 7 4 1 65 3 29
WR Rufus Farrell 4 2 1 28 0 16
WR Jorge Cobb 2 2 0 67 2 12
FB Shawn Everhart 1 1 0 4 0 27
TE Kerry Overhauser 1 0 0 0 0 3
RB Irving Donovan 1 1 0 24 1 31
Curacao Targt Caugt Dropd Yards 20+ PPlay
WR Monty Peterson 11 7 1 67 0 29
WR Bart Legette 8 5 0 60 1 37
WR Jerry Monroe 7 5 0 135 2 24
TE Adrian Davison 6 4 1 79 2 32
WR Renaldo Cline 4 4 0 55 1 21
RB Frankie Sawyer 4 3 0 11 0 20
TE Craig Turnbull 3 3 0 33 1 12
FB Luke Reeves 2 2 0 18 0 25
FB Ty Coffey 1 1 0 7 0 6
RB Joel McKnight 1 1 0 2 0 28
WR Ron Hardy 1 0 0 0 0 6

Irving Donovan 4 16 4.00 4.74
Morris Marrero 1 4 4.00 4.00
Curacao Att Yards Avg Overall Avg
Joel McKnight 3 7 2.33 4.26
Drew Pommier 1 2 2.00 5.50
Frankie Sawyer 1 6 6.00 3.92

Morris Marrero 4 4 29 7.25 10.18
Curacao Att Comp Yards Avg/Att Overall Avg
Drew Pommier 4 4 20 5.00 9.73

TE Jonathan Roderick 1 1 2 2.00 9.29
WR Darnell Chamberlain 1 1 1 1.00 12.88
WR Rufus Farrell 1 1 18 18.00 7.00
WR Dusty Ford 1 1 8 8.00 5.00
Curacao Target Catch Yards Avg/Targ Overall Avg
WR Jerry Monroe 1 1 9 9.00 19.29
TE Adrian Davison 1 1 3 3.00 13.17
TE Craig Turnbull 1 1 2 2.00 11.00
WR Renaldo Cline 1 1 6 6.00 13.75

Irving Donovan 6 3
Curacao Rushes Conversions
Drew Pommier 1 0
Joel McKnight 1 0

Morris Marrero 5 1 1
Curacao Att Comp Conversions
Drew Pommier 13 9 6

TE Jonathan Roderick 2 0 0
WR Darnell Chamberlain 1 0 0
RB Irving Donovan 1 1 1
WR Dusty Ford 1 0 0
Curacao Targ Catch Conversions
WR Monty Peterson 4 3 1
WR Bart Legette 3 2 2
TE Adrian Davison 2 1 1
WR Jerry Monroe 1 1 1
WR Renaldo Cline 1 1 1
RB Frankie Sawyer 1 0 0
FB Luke Reeves 1 1 0
Section Attendance
Stadium 51,900 (70,000 capacity)
Upper Deck 15,800 (21,400)
End Zone 11,300 (15,400)
Mezzanine 6,500 (8,900)
Sideline Seats 10,000 (13,600)
Club Seats 5,400 (7,400)
Luxury Boxes 2,900 (3,300)

Yes, sports fans, 1117 yards of total offense, and 82 points on the day.

WFC Southeast
W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div
Lowcountry Gators 4 1 0 .800 150 105 3-0 2-0
Jacksonville Admirals 3 1 0 .750 101 63 1-1 1-1
Curacao Cocktail 1 3 0 .250 100 102 1-2 1-1
Savannah Fire Ants 1 4 0 .200 78 107 1-3 0-2
Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #48
miked
College Starter

I see you were so excited by this shootout, you posted the box 3 times!!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #49
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I see you were so excited by this shootout, you posted the box 3 times!!
[Markus]Fixed! [/Markus]
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #50
Ben E Lou

Tonight, stevew's Mexico City Aztecs come to the Lowcountry. We are whopping 16-point favorites.

The Aztecs are a very young team, and we really should be able to have our way with them. They started 8 rookies last week, and their only win is against 1-3 Leavenworth.

Other SE teams in action:

Curacao (1-3) at Camargue (4-0) (-7)
Grand Junction (4-0) (-2) at Jacksonville (3-1)
Savannah (1-4) at Rusholme (1-4) (-4)

We're the only team in the SE favored to win this week. It could be a very good week for us, but if things go wrong, it'll be a very disappointing one.