Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post
Does EU3 not keep a running tally of "victory" points?

Nope, but it does keep a tally of your prestige.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Straightening the Collar

1 February, 1644 – I order a Missionary to Alexandria. It will only take a few years to find out what happens.

4 May, 1644 – Mataram expands and more colonists are sent.

14 June, 1644 – Roggevold expands and more colonists are sent.

1 January, 1645 – I order a workshop in Jamaica. Marketplace in Cape, Frenche-Compte, Tripolitania, and Taiwan.

I order extra colonists to Mato Grosso, a tobacco province my conquistador found behind my current provinces in South America.

8 June, 1645 – Roggevold expands, colonists sent

1 August, 1645 – Guayra is now a core.

13 September, 1645 – I decline a Mamluk offer for military access.

30 September, 1645 – We failed to put colonists in Mato Grosso.

24 October, 1645 – I order two of my spies to incite revolts in Mamluk territory.

4 January, 1646 – Mataram expands and more colonists are dispatched.

I order the following: Workshop in Taiwan. Customs House in Cape and Lombardia.

21 January, 1646 – RM: Great Britain

13 April, 1646 – I get new land claimed for Cape and choose to increase its tax value by 1.

22 May, 1646 – Alexandria is now Catholic!

1 June, 1646 – Roggeveld expands.

23 June, 1646 – I got new land claimed for Minas Gerais and took the +1 tax base.

1 July, 1646 – I sent colonists to Roggeveld.

1 January, 1647 – I order the following: Marketplace in Gaza, Sinai. Customs House in Alexandria.

1 April, 1647 – We have a rebellion in Jaffna.

17 April, 1647 – The rebels are defeated.

24 June, 1647 – Roggeveld expands and more colonists are distributed.

5 September, 1647 – Mataram expanded and more colonists leave for her shores.

15 October, 1647 – I reject another Mamluk request for access.

1 January, 1648 – I authorize a missionary for Beirut.

1 March, 1648 – Our trade tech increases.

8 March, 1648 – RM: Lithuania

17 June, 1648 – Roggeveld expands and I send more colonists.

3 January, 1649 – After offering Switzerland an annexation offer, they accept. Bern is now one of our provinces. Again. Now, Bern helps to connect us with Frenche-Compte.

I send a Missionary to Judea.

19 January, 1649 – RM: Austria.

1 February, 1649 – Our government tech increases and we can get a new national idea.

I embrace the idea of Viceroys. This will allow us to increase our overseas income by 30%.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gathering the Flock

7 May, 1649 – Mataram expands and more colonists are en route.

11 June, 1649 – Roggeveld expanded, more colonists yay!

1 January, 1650 – I send colonists to Mato Grosso. Let’s try again. I order: Constable in Crete, Athens, Cyprus. Workshop in Little Karoo.

13 January, 1650 – After send out a stream of gifts and such, Ceylon has agreed to annexation.

Korales – The southern half of the island of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) features 38605 Sinhala Buddhists making us 34.59 ducats annually. Sugar is the trade here. The province comes with a workshop. I order a courthouse built here.

27 January, 1650 – Another laughable request for military access came from Mamluks.

20 March, 1650 – Burgundy declares war against Aragon. Saxony joined Burgundy. Castille left Aragon’s alliance. Time to buddy back up to Castille I think. I reject Burgundy’s call. Their alliance of convience is limited.

23 March, 1650 – RM: France.

1 April, 1650 – Twice this month missionaries will tell me their success or failure. Beirut and Jaffna are up. If either fails, rebellion.

21 April, 1650 – Beirut converts to Catholicism!

28 April, 1650 – Our Missionary attempt to Jaffna failed. A religious rebellion has occurred.

15 May, 1650 – We defeat the rebels.

4 June, 1650 – Roggeveld expands. More colonists.

15 June, 1650 – I realize that I have just enough to order another missionary to Jaffna.

1 September, 1650 – Our land tech increased (we can built level 3 forts.)

1 October, 1650 – We established the colony of Mato Grosso.

1 January, 1651 – I order the following: Constable in Jamaica, Little Karoo and Sao Vicente, workshop in Bahamas.

4 January, 1651 – Mataram expands. I ship off additional colonists.

1 March, 1651 – Our production tech increased.

23 May, 1651 – We fail a conversion attempt in Jude and the people are revolting.

29 May, 1651 – Roggeveld expanded.

1 June, 1651 – E Santo is a core.

5 June, 1651 – We defeat the rebels in Judea.

I order another missionary to Judea.

Our badboy is completely gone.

1 July, 1651 – Roggeveld has colonists sent.

3 January, 1652 – I declare war against Makassar, a one province nation to our northeast of Bali-Lombok and southwest of Halmahera in the Indies.

All of our allies join us. Brunei and Atjeh joined Makassar.

26 January, 1652 – Our troops land in Makassar and attack the defenders.

12 February, 1652 - We broke the defense and began the siege of Makassar.

1 March, 1652 0 I send colonists to Mato Grosso.

14 July, 1652 – Roggeveld expanded and is now a full colony. More news after the war.

19 July, 1652 – Troops of ours land in Bandjarsmin, a Brunei province. All of their provinces here on Borneo are unforted, so we capture it immediately. I order our troops to move on.

24 August, 1652 – Brunei province of Sukadan was captured.

1 September, 1652 – Atjeh offers us a white peace and I accept.

3 September, 1652 – We capture Makassar.

8 September, 1652 – Mataram expands and I send out more colonists.

16 September, 1652 – Brunei retook Bandjarmasin.

28 September, 1652 – RM: Lithuania.

8 October, 1652 – We capture the Brunei capital.

12 October, 1652 – Brunei recaptures Sukadan.

1 November, 1652 – Our naval tech increases.

1 December, 1652 – Mato Grosso expanded.

6 December, 1652 – I annex Makassar.

I’m going around and around Borneo playing musical chairs with Brunei and their provinces. This is why I hate provinces with no forts. I’ll tell ya when I’m done.

5 March, 1653 – I accept peace with Brunei and they cede us Sabah and Bandjarmasin.

I’ll go over the new provinces in a few months when I do my 200 years perspective.

I order forts built in these two provinces.

30 May, 1653 – 200 year retro

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-22-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #204
Tyrith
College Starter

I would definately being interesting in seeing world maps covering all your territories as part of the 200 year retrospective.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #205
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I agree. I'm also curious as to who has suffered by comparison to actual history because obviously Naxos has become a serious world player (and looks to be on track for a unified Italy a couple hundred years ahead of schedule) rather than a footnote in the long history of Greece. If Naxos is getting all they're getting, someone else is not, I think.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In my 200 year rotro, now written, An Indies and South America map is inbcluded.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
I agree. I'm also curious as to who has suffered by comparison to actual history because obviously Naxos has become a serious world player (and looks to be on track for a unified Italy a couple hundred years ahead of schedule) rather than a footnote in the long history of Greece. If Naxos is getting all they're getting, someone else is not, I think.

In real life, teh Turks took out hte mamluks, it looks like they aren;t interested, so I am. Aragon joined Castille as Spain, but ultiamtely left her Italian and Med provinces behind, mostly, although a few stuck around (The Baleares, for example). Turks took Rhodes, sending The Knights to Malta, who were given it from Spain, for example.

Sweden's out. Poland's out. Hungary's Out. Norway's down to two provinces. Denmark's out. Scandaniva is diveded between Austria, Novgorod, and Britain. There doesn't look to be any Netherlands, because Burgundy never fell. Castille has done an acceptable job of being Spain, although by this time Spain was everywhere in South and Central Amercia, had absorbed Incas, Aztecs. On the other hand, here , Castille has mad provinces in north Adrifca, which is ironically everything you;d esxpect them to do without Aragon as Spain. Portugal is more powerful then they were in real life. Britain has little in the new world, although at this time that was true as well.

The major players, Incas, Maya, etc are still around.

Our colonization has been exactly what you would have expected of Venice had they been farseeing. Venice controlled the spice trade through teh Mediterranean, so other countires went around Africa or sailed west to break the monopoly. Had Venice the foresight to see that happening, and do so themselves, they could have used their economic and naval power to wreak a powerful stranglehold on conlonization. We would be talking to this day about the Venice Empire.

As the heir to Venice, what Naxos has done has beel fully in line with European colonization. Grab an island here, attack the minor kingdom there, set up a large colony in this other place, etc (See: Portugal, who set up a major colony in Brazil, gobbled up islands, and attacked people in various areas.)

Hope that helps!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 200 Year Retrospective:

We have the highest prestige in the game.

We have dropped to 5th in inflation, and our inflation is now around 9.2%.

We have the highest income in the game, now exceeding even that of Ming.

We are nowhere near the highest technology in an area except for government. The highest in each area in Tuscany.

We have more provinces than any other European power.

Liguria, Venezia and Alexandria give us the most taxes. The highest non-COT? Lombardia.

Lombardia gives us the most gold in production – higher than any gold province. Makassar is second. Then the gold provinces begin.

The second most common culture after Lombard is al Misr Arabic.

Our most common trade? Fish. Ugh, that’s like one of the worst ones. Second is wine.

Ming has 5 COTs to our three.

The most valuable trade goods in the world are Chinaware, Sugar, Tobacco, Tea, and Spices, in that order with Coffee just behind spices.

Our badboy is currently 8.74.

We have maxed, 200 relations with France, Auvergne, Provence, Bourbonnais, Orleans, Foix (France and her bitches), Lithuania, Great Britain, Aragon and Funj.

We have 77 infantry regiments, 32 cavalry, and 2 cannon regiments. That’s a total of 111 land regiments.

We have 21 Flytes, 1 barque, 2 Galleons and an Early Frigate.

We are currently in a Feudal Monarchy and I have no desire to change our form of government.

Yay for Deus Vult, the national idea that let’s me go through all of these wars against Mamluks, Tunis, Ceylon, Bali, Brunei and Makassar without losing any stability.

Asian Holdings, both colonial and non. I am going to just give essential facts – remind you of trade, if the religion or culture is different than mine, and stuff like population, and annual income. I am, however, going to use this as a master list for what I think a province still needs to be built there. I will be more specific with new provinces.

Taiwan – 8583 people work Chinaware. We get 39.69 ducats annually from here. Constable could be used.

Halmahera – A spice province with 1520 workers. 22.66 ducats. Marketplace needed.

Bali-Lombok – This coffee province features 114756 people who are Catholic but Sulawesi. 41.24 ducats are made here. Needs nothing.

Makassar – The newly captured province of Makassar is a Sunni province. 380738 people work the spice trade and the province has a tax value of 9. It is a mega good province. The Sulawesi people here make us 47.35 ducats and that’s without it being a core province. It came with a workshop and courthouse. It needs a lot, marketplace, constable, customs house at the very least.

Banjarmasin – This spice province recently captured from Brunei has a fort being built in it right now. The 28514 Malay Sunnis make us 24.81 ducats. The province had no buildings. I find this sad, because Brunei had the tech to have walls, workshops, and such but chose not to. We will upgrade this province over time.

Sabah – The other province taken from Brunei. 24661 Malay Sunnis work the spice trade here as well. 24.43 ducats are made here. Again, walls are currently being built. The remaining non-capital Brunei provinces have no major trade goods, but the capital is another spice province.

Jaffna – The 17573 Buddhists here also work spices. The Sinhala make 25.01 ducats. This province could us a marketplace, and then after we convert the people, more tax bonus buildings Jaffna is currently one of two provinces with a revolt risk. The other is.

Korales – The 38348 make 35.41 ducats working the sugar trade. The Sinhala Buddhists are also currently being uppity. This place could really use a marketplace as well.

Mataram – This province is currently a colony.

Sub-Sahara Africa – All of these provinces are former colonies.

Little Karoo – 2754 sugar farmers make 33.13 ducats. This place could also use a marketplace.

Cape – Wine is the name of the game here. 26.97 ducats are made by the 2309 people. This province has a high tax base, and has been built up, and needs nothing else. In fact, Cape is the third highest province not a Center of Trade in terms of tax incomes (Lombardia, then Savoie, then Cape).

Roggeveld – This gold province is inside the coastline and adjacent to Cape. 1559 people work the trade here, making 43.77 ducats. A wall is currently being built here.

Cape Verde – Is currently a colony.

West Indies and Caribbean: All of these provinces are former colonies.

Turks Islands – 4142 people work the Cotton trade here. 27.29 ducats are made. It could use a marketplace.

Bahamas – 24.59 ducats are made in this cotton province. 8096 people live here. It could also use a marketplace.

Jamaica – Sugar is harvested by the 2771 people here. 35.59 ducats are made here. A marketplace and Customs House would be appropriate here.

Greenland: These two provinces were once colonies:

Eiriksfjord – Fish is the trade here. 3.41 ducats are made by 1761 people. There is no need for anything here, ever.

Vestbygden – Fur is traded here. 14.32 ducats are made by the 1332 people. It could use a marketplace.

South American: These provinces are all previous colonies of ours:

Santana – This gold province attracted us to the area and we’ve been expanding here ever since. 2624 people make us 44.01 ducats. It doesn’t need any improvements.

Sao Vicente – One of many sugar provinces in this area, Sao Vicente was the first one here that we colonized. 34.49 ducats are made by the 3729 people. Marketplace is a definite need.

Santo Amaro – 2895 farmers harvest sugar here. It needs a marketplace. 28.24 ducats are made here.

Rio de Janeiro – 3296 sugar farmers make 28.29 ducats. Need marketplace.

Sao Tome - 28.16 made by 2247 farmers. Need marketplace too,

Espirito Santo – 26.93 ducats are made in this sugar province. Like the others, it needs a marketplace. 2389 people work and live here.

Porto Seguro – The seventh and final coastal province of this area, this is also a sugar province in need of a marketplace. 28.16 ducats are made by the 2292 people here.

Minas Gerais – Another gold province, this time inland. 1291 make 44.96 ducats. Needs nothing else.

Guayra – This tobacco province is behind the coastal ones like Minas Gerais. 2489 people make us 24.10 ducats. A marketplace would be good here too.

Mato Grosso is a colony here behind Minas Gerais.

African and Middle East Provinces: These were all taken from Mamluks save two. The default here is that they are all Sunni unless otherwise stated.

Tripolitania – Our first province in this region is this ivory province. 85356 people make 30.28 ducats. It needs nothing.

Tunis – The 397487 people work the grain trade. 5.21 ducats are made here. This province doesn’t need an improvement, it need a conversion.

Alexandria – This center of trade features a Catholic population. 362776 people work the grain trade here. 24.95 ducats are made here. Nothing else is needed.

Libya – 3.27 ducats are made by the 10719 people in the wool trade. Nothing is needed here.

Delta – This fish province features 62274 people making 7.88 ducats. Like Tunis, this is a good conversion target. It combines a high taxvalue with a small trade value – making its only value taxes, which are hurt by the different religion factor.

Diamientia – 12193 fishers make us 6.08 ducats. Nothing else here is of any worth.

Sinai – This is a moderately wealthy salt province. Salt is a solid trade item. 7200 people work the trade making 15.88 ducats. (See?)

Gaza – Another salt province, 10118 make us 16.04 ducats. Nothing else is needed here.

Judea - 21408 grain workers make 5.51 ducats. This is a high priority conversion target – high taxvalue, low trade good value, and its Jerusalem.

Beirut – This newly Catholic province features 97629 people working the Naval Supplies trade. 13.24 ducats are made here. A constable would be good for this place.

Damascus – With a skyhigh tax value and a low trade good, the large populace of Damascus is a key conversion target. 293034 people harvest grain making us 7.73 ducats.

Gojjam – 19987 Orthodox people work the grain fields and generate 3.3 ducats, needing nothing.

Butana - 25.98 ducats are made in the ivory trade by 58390 people. Needs a marketplace.

Berber -19228 woolmakers create 2.67 ducats. Needs nothing. Very poor.

Dongola - 19332 grain farmers convert their work into 2.67 ducats. Need for naught.

Mediterranean Islands –

Naxos – Our home is a series of islands in the Archipelago of the Aegean Sea. 14898 winegrowers make 15.73 ducats. Needs a marketplace.

Rhodes – This minor fish island only makes 5.48 despite the 73263 people that live here.

Cyprus – 45401 grape growers and wine makers create 20.27 ducats. Needs marketplace.

Crete – 39210 people make 9.10 fishing. Needs nothing.

Corfu – 30159 fishers make 6.27 ducats. Again, needs nothing.

Malta – One of our poorest European holdings, 24219 people work the fishing trade here generating 7.1 ducats annually.

Messina - The east half of Sicily holds 22 0919 fishes making people making 14.52. No needs here.

Palermo – One of our many wine provinces, 323332 people live and work here. 34.67 ducats are made. Needs a customs house.

Sardinia - 123931 fishermen make us 13.26 ducats. It needs naught.

Corsica – 25270 people work the naval supplies industry. They make us 13.93 ducats and that’s almost all taxes. Several tax value increase events happened here making it pretty valuable compared to what it normally is. I’ve built it up and it doesn’t need anything.

The Baleares – 28922 fishermen make 9.21 ducats, needing nothing.

Iberian Holdings: These were all taken from Aragon.

Valencia – 238938 people work the wineries here. 35.66 ducats and it needs customs house.

Aragon – 26040 iron miners and smelters work here. 23.40 ducats are made here. It doesn’t really need anything.

Girona – 23709 fishermen make 11 ducats and need naught.

Grecian Mainland Holdings:

Athens – 84408 people work the fish trade making 7.63 ducats.

Morea – 25173 people make 16.33 ducats. Le wine demands le marketplace.

Italian Holdings:

Calabria - 144343 people work here in Calabria. 10.03 ducats made by the fishers in need of nothing.

Apulia – 142836, salt workers, 26.95, don’t need anything.

Napoli – Fair Napoli. 902673 winemakers don’t need anything but the 49.46 ducats they make me.

Abbruzzi – 104381 people work here. 26.76 ducats are made by the winegrowers.

Ancona – 10.32 ducats made by the woolsmiths here. 156247 people live here. Province need naught.

Romagna – 300320 salt workers make 38.84 ducats. This province needs marketplace.

Ferrara – 257326 salt workers make 39.75 ducats. Its needs are none.

Venezia – 999999 (the max) people work the fish trade in this COT. 32.37 ducats are made here. It is in need of nothing.

Modena – 165555 make wine and make 37.03 ducats. In need of constable

Parma – 39.11 ducats are made in this wine province by 140515 people. Needs nothing

Liguria – This center of trade has a large number of woolcrafters. 635444 create 29.59 ducats, needing naught.

Nice – 81566 makes 11.57 in the fish trade. Needs nothing.

Savoie – 59041 cloth makers generate 36.14 needing a constable and customs house.

Lombardia – 601519 cloth makers generate 64.37 ducats needing for nothing.

Mantua – 120420 make 14.67 ducats in the grain trade, needing for naught.

Brescia – Cloth is the trade here. 240606 make 40.45. Needs customs house.

Piedmont – 240158, wine, 39.11, could use a customs house.

Other Mainland Europe: These four provinces are not Italian, nor Iberian nor Grecian.

Bern – Former Switzerland, an inheritance given up and then reclaimed, this iron province is of Rhinelander descent. The 14470 Catholics here make 24.93 ducats. This province needs a constable and a marketplace.

Frenche-Compte – This Burgundian Reform province has 27479 salt workers making 20.69 ducats. Needs are nil.

Dalmatia – Reform 32995 make 5.24 ducats in the wool trade. Needs are ick.

Croatia – Cloth is made here by 26958 Reform Croats. 20.42 ducats are made here. This province needs a constable, marketplace, and maybe a customs house afterwards.

Vassals – Our only current vassal is The Papal States.

Allies – Papal States, Tuscany, Austria

Old 03-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Would you like to see an Indies map?

In this map, I listed ourprovinces by name, so you see where Badjarmasin is or Sabah, etc.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And a South America map?

Old 03-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Naxos in Real Time

1 July, 1653 – Porto Seguro is now a core.

25 September, 1653 – Yet another missionary has failed in Judea. Our standing troops put down the rebels, and I order another to the province.

I also send one to Delta while I’m at it.

2 December, 1653 – Mato Grosso expands, more colonists

1 January, 1654 – I order a marketplace in Little Karoo and Morea, Constables in Croatia and Bern.

10 May, 1654 – Mataram expands, more colonists

1 September, 1654 – We fail to set up a colony in Mato Grosso, despite 94% odds.

1 November, 1654 – I send in more colonists.

5 December, 1654 – I decline a military access request from Mamluks. Again.

9 December, 1654 – Our king died. Our new monarch is Francesco VII. Admin 7, military 7, diplomacy 8. Very good.

22 December, 1654 – RM: France.

1 February, 1655 – I order marketplaces in the two Brunei provinces and Makassar.

7 March, 1655 – RM: Castille.

19 March, 1655 – I got New Land Claimed for, of all places, Venezia. I chose to raise the tax base in my most populous province..

1 July, 1655 – The following provinces are now cores – Judea, Gojjam, Dongola, Butana and Berber.

30 July, 1655 – Mato Grosso expands and more colonists are sent

18 September, 1655 – Mamluks grabbed about four poor provinces in a fast war against Swahili.

1 January, 1656 – I have two missionaries come due this month in Delta and Judea. If they do well, then I’ll move on to other things.

9 January, 1656 – Mataram expands and more colonists are dispatched. That’s good news to start out the month.

12 January, 1656 – Once again we fail to convert Judea and put down a rebellion here.

20 January, 1656 – Delta is converted.

I order more missionaries to Judea.

I do not have a lowered badboy, so I can’t take land. However, the war I am about to wage has nothing to do with territory. It is time to tame the Mamluks on a permanent basis.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No Land Exchanged

1 March, 1656 – I declare war against Mamluks.

All allies are in. Let’s finish this.

17 March, 1656 – We have launched attacks on six provinces simultaneously. Three armies have already arrived.

1 April, 1656 – We broke the defenders in the two provinces with them. A bunch of sieges have begun.

8 April, 1656 – Dayr az Zor has fallen after a quick assault.

11 April, 1656 – Burgundy declared war against Aragon.

29 April, 1656 – Mato Grosso expands.

1 June, 1656 – Our government tech level increases.

3 July, 1656 – Hawran falls to us.

10 August, 1656 – Tabouk fell to us.

22 September, 1656 – I accept a white peace with Kanem Bornu.

24 October, 1656 – Cairo fell.

29 October, 1656 – Sirt fell.

2 November, 1656 – We broke a minor siege of Libya.

1 January, 1657 – I order a Textile manufactory in Liguria.

24 January, 1657 – Al Karak has fallen to us.

23 February, 1657 – Nile fell to us.

29 March, 1657 – Jabal Shammar fell to us.

30 April, 1657 – We capture Cyrenaica.

30 May, 1657 – Mato Grosso expanded.

25 June, 1657 – Kargah fell.

2 August, 1657 – We accept peace on the following terms:

Mamluks gives us 50 ducats.
And they become our vassals.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #213
Lithium
n00b

Damn, you tamed those beeyotches. I guess you're now THE power in the Mediterranean and Nothern Africa, and are a respectible colonial force.

Are you considering expanding into Southern Europe? Specifically the Spain area. Is Castille or Aragon still around?
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Damn, you tamed those beeyotches. I guess you're now THE power in the Mediterranean and Nothern Africa, and are a respectible colonial force.

Are you considering expanding into Southern Europe? Specifically the Spain area. Is Castille or Aragon still around?

Castille would kick my ass. Aragon is still around, but what do they have left? A bunch of chump provinces. I'll be expanding in a completly new direction in just a few years....

Old 03-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Absorbing the Papacy

10 September, 1657 – Mataram expands and I send one last group of colonists out there.

2 January, 1658 – I offer the Papal States annexation and they agree.

Roma – 318111 Umbrian Catholics work the grain trade here. They make us 25.39 ducats, mostly from taxes. I order a constable built here. It is a core of ours, so no problems with the people.

1 May, 1658 – Our production tech incrased. Colonists expanded Mato Grosso and more are bound.

10 May, 1658 – Once again a conversion attempt to Judea has failed despite around 50/50 odds of it taking. I order more missionaries.

6 September, 1658 – I get an event – Papal State. Some of my people want to be ruled by an independant papacy, or at least the illusion thereof. I choose not to grant the Papal State freedom. Our prestige dropped as did our badboy.

1 October, 1658 – I order colonists to Delagoa Bay, an Ivory province about three provinces up and on the east coast of Africa from Little Karoo.

1 January, 1659 – I order a naval weapons manufactory built in Corsica. Like the other factories, its value increase in a certain province, namely naval supplies, and it adds to our naval tech development.

29 January, 1659 – Mato Grosso grewosso

17 February, 1659 – We get another Papal State event and I lose another badboy point. If I get this event every year or so, it’ll make warmongering a cinch. Imagine the combination of curia controller, high diplomacy and an auto 1 loss each year. I could wage war and gobble up land at a very cheap rate. I think this event may be broken.

My guess is that the event may be the reverse. That you are supposed to increase prestige (you hold the mighty Rome) but increase badboy (but you shouldn’t). In stead it decreases both, but who cares about the decrease.

What I may do is turn the event off if it keeps firing. Let’s give it a little longer and see if this is a reapeatable phenomenon.

28 April, 1659 – Just two months later it fired again. Can you imagine the warmongering potential if I get the event bi-annually? Geez, we’ve to end this, its too broken. I close down the game and look for info online on how to end the event.

Okay, I’ve moved the event out of the folder. Hopefully that will tell it to go away.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Interlude

12 May, 1659 – Mataram expands and becomes a full city. Let’s take a look:

Mataram – 10073 people work the spice trade here in Mataram. 30.75 ducats are made here for us. I order a fort built here.

1 June, 1659 – Aragon accepted peace with Burgundy but had to lose their north Europe holding of Bremen.

12 June, 1659 – I get Colonial Expansion. 200 people arrive in Mato Grosso and I get 1 more colonist. That makes Mato Grosso a city:

Mato Grosso - 1017 people work the coffee fields here in this South American province. 26.12 ducats are made here. I do not order a fort as I’m almost outta money and want to send this colonist somewhere.

I send colonists to Damaraland on the West Coast of Africa about three provinces up from Cape.

20 July, 1659 - Now, I accept the Mamluks request for military access.

1 August, 1659 – Jamaica is now a core.

8 November, 1659 – We set up a colony in Delagoa Bay.

30 December, 1659 – We fail to convert the heathens in Jaffna.

1 January, 1660 – I send colonists to Delagoa Bay. I build a wall in Mato Grosso. I order another missionary to Jaffna and a marketplace to Korales. I order a constable in Makassar and Taiwan.

22 March, 1660 – RM: Aragon

24 April, 1660 – Damaraland is now our newest colony.

13 May, 1660 – I order a marketplace at Mataram.

1 June, 1660 – Colonists are leaving for Damaraland.

22 August, 1660 – With our badboy gone, its time to prepare for the next major war. This one is going to be the first war in a long time to actually cause our stability to drop.

29 August, 1660 – We failed to convert the people of Judea. Again.

15 December, 1660 – I dissolve our alliance with Tuscany.

1 January, 1661 – I send missionaries to Judea. Probably my last batch.

21 January, 1661 – I decline an alliance offer from Norway.

1 February, 1661 – I cancel military access with Tuscany.

8 February, 1661 – Delagoa Bay expanded.

1 March, 1661 – One of my advisors died. I hire a small colonist guy.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Two Wars, Both Alike in Dignity, in Fair Verona, Where we Lay our Scene

2 March, 1661 - I declare war against Tuscany. Our stability drops to two.

Austria joins us. I have four armies surrounding the three provinces of Tuscany, because they have a massive army in there. My goal is very simple. Take all three provinces, then peace for vassalizaiton and giving me their two non-capital provinces.

13 March, 1661 – One of our armies arrives at their capital of Pisa and initiates a siege.

15 March, 1661 – Another army arrives in Siena and begins a siege.

They are staying in Firenze as a reserve, waiting for one of my armies to make a mistake – like launch as assault. I have surrounded Firenze with an army on all five sides.

13 April, 1661 – Damaraland expands and I send more colonists.

12 August, 1661 – Siena fell to us.

13 September, 1661 - I order a four way strike on Firenze and the large Tuscan army here.

23 September, 1661 – Our strike begins.

4 January, 1662 – Firenze falls to us. I offer them peace to become our vassals – no change of land. They accept.

23 February, 1662 – Damaraland expands. More colonists are sent.

1 March, 1662 – I send colonists to Delagoa bay.

15 May, 1662 – I order a constable in Mataram

1 July, 1662 – Our land tech increases.

5 January, 1663 – Damaraland expands, colonists sent.

16 April, 1663 – Delagoa Bay expanded. I order in more of the colonists.

22 April, 1663 – We have finally converted the heretics in Judea.

25 May, 1663 – I ask the Turks for military access and they agree.

Our badboy is back down to zero. Time to grab some land.

1 July, 1663 – I send an insult to Candar.

1 August, 1663 – I send another insult.

1 September, 1663 – I declare war against Candar. Their ally, Karamon joins them. Austria joins us. I order troops into Candor and Karamon.

8 September, 1663 – Our Beirut army arrives in Karaman and begins a siege.

22 September, 1663 – Our forces arrive in Kastamon, the capital of Candar.

21 October, 1663 – Kastamon falls after a quick assault.

6 November, 1663 – We begin a siege of Sinope, the other Candarian province.

17 November, 1663 – We fail to set up in Damaraland. I order in more colonists.

18 November, 1663 – We take Karaman after a quick assault.

2 December, 1663 – Sinope fell.

4 December, 1663 – Karaman becomes our vassal and pays us 50 ducats.

5 December, 1663 – Candar becomes our vassal, pays us 50 ducats and cedes us Sinope.

Sinope – This 22707 Sunnis work the naval supplies industry here. 7.24 ducats are made by the Turkish people. This is a core of Candar but not the Ottomans.

Why do a war for this relatively small province?

1) It’s adjacent to Trebizond, a Greek Orthodox province under the control of the Ottomans.

2) It gives us a presence in the Black Sea. It was the only province in the Black Sea that was not under the control of a major power or a capital province.

3) It gives us two more vassals in the area.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enemies to Friends

1 January, 1664 – That naval equipment manufactuary was built in Corsica. I order the following:

Refinery in Palermo
Workshop in Mataram
Marketplace in Apulia
Constable in Modena and Savoie

23 May, 1664 – Delagoa Bay expanded.

2 August, 1664 – Aragon rejected a military alliance proposal from us.

1 September, 1664 – Our naval tech increases.

30 September, 1664 – Damaraland expands and more colonists are dispatched.

1 October, 1664 – Jaffna is now a core.

1 November, 1664 – Our production tech increases.

1 January, 1665 – I order the following built:

Constable in Delta, Beirut and Judea and Bahamas
Marketplace in Butana and Cyprus and Turks Islands
Customs House in Makassar
Workshop in Banjarmasin and Sabah

3 January, 1665 – Aragon accepted our offer for an alliance.

5 February, 1665 – Aragon rejects our offer of vassalization. Our relations drop a bit and I’ll have to send over a couple of gifts to get it back up to max.

5 May, 1665 – This time they accept and become our vassals.

I send colonists to Delagoa Bay.

13 August, 1665 – Damaraland expands and I send in more colonists

1 October, 1665 – Mamluks enter into a personal union with Najd, as the leader of said union.

1 January, 1666 – I order marketplaces in the 8 non-gold provinces in South America.

16 January, 1666 – I decline an alliance offer from Hamburg.

10 June, 1666 – Delagoa expanded and I send in more settlers.

25 June, 1666 – Damaraland expands and more colonists are sent

1 January, 1667 – I send a missionary to Damascus

8 May, 1667 – Damaraland expands and more colonists are dispatched.

1 July, 1667 – Roggeveld is now a core

16 July, 1667 – Delagoa expands and I send more colonists.

21 September, 1667 – RM: Castille

1 October, 1667 – Mataram is now a core

1 November, 1667 – Our production tech increased.

1 January, 1668 – I have no badboy anymore. Let’s see what I can do this time

Old 03-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Asian Exploits

20 March, 1668 – I send more colonists to Damaraland after it expands.

3 April, 1668 – I declare war against Malacca. Our two allies join us. Their two allies, Maldive and Atjeh join them.

This is going to be another of those wars where no opposing province has a fort. As such, there will be a lot of land changing. I don’t want to document all of that, so I’ll just let you know about the end fo the war, fair enough?

12 May, 1668 – I get an alliance offer from the Inca Empire. I decline.

19 August, - 1668 – I capture the capital of the Maldives.

21 August, 1668- I force peace for them to become my vassals and give me 50 ducats.

Delagoa Bay expanded.

1 September, 1668 – I send colonists to Delagoa Bay

1 November, 1668 – Our land tech increased.

1 December, 1668 – Diamientia and Sinai are now cores.

6 December, 1668 – I accept a white peace with Atjeh.

1 January, 1669 – The Refinery is complete in Palermo.

3 January, 1669 – Vijayanagar has allowed us military access.

29 January, 1669 – Damaraland expanded.

1 March, 1669 – I send colonists to finish out Damaraland

13 May, 1669 – RM: Britain

15 May, 1669 – We converted the people of Damascus!

1 July, 1669 – Malacca continues to reject perfectly reasonable peace offers.

3 August, 1669 – Malacca finally accepts our peace proposal. They become our vassals and we get Prey Nokor.

Prey Nokor – This SE Asian province specializes in Spices. 18578 people work here. I order a fort built here. The people here are Khmer Buddhists. 25.49 ducats are made here annually.

9 August, 1669 – Jaffna has converted to Catholicism! I order a constable built there.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Golden Age Continues - Friendship into Fealty

(Except for minor conflicts, like the across the world Malacca war or the quick and minor Candar/Karamon war, there have been no major wars for a while now. Ergo, I am naming this the Golden Age of Naxos).

8 October, 1669 – Delagoa Bay expands and more colonists are sent

1 January, 1670 – I order

Weapons Manufactory in Bern
Customs House in Mataram
Marketplace in Bahamas, Vestbygen and Jamaica
Constable in Valencia and Aragon

10 January, 1670 – Damaraland expands and is now a full city.

Damaraland – This ivory province features 21.18 ducats being made by 5084 people. I order a fort built here.

25 January, 1670 – RM: France

1 May, 1670 – Our trade tech increased

3 May, 1670 – RM: Austria

18 July, 1670 – I order a marketplace in Prey Nokor

1 September, 1670 – A level 6 statesmen has arrived in Palermo and I hire him!!

13 November, 1670 – One last batch of colonists are sent to Delagoa Bay.

I send some colonists to Goais, a gold province discovered by my conquistador long ago in the South America region of our colony.

1 January, 1671 – I send a missionary to Tunis.

12 August, 1671 – Our attempt to establish a colony in Goias has succeeded. I send in more.

19 December, 1671 – Delagoa Bay expands and is now a full city.

Delagoa Bay – This ivory province has 6316 people making us 24.50 ducats.

1 January, 1672 – I order the following:

Fort in Delagoa Bay
Marketplace in Damaraland and Jaffna and Naxos
Courthouse in Prey Nokor
Customs House in Beirut and Turks Islands
Constable in Frenche-Compte

I send colonists to Mauritius

5 March, 1672 – I get New Land Claimed for The Baleares and take the +1 tax value.

10 April, 1672 – I offer Tuscany annexation and they refuse. My advisors said there was only about an even chance of it happening. I start sending gifts over to see if we can get our relations up and try again.

11 May, 1672 – Goias expanded.

1 June, 1672 – Our naval tech increases

1 July, 1672 – I send colonists to Goias

7 July, 1672 – RM: Austria

17 September, 1672 – RM: France

2 October, 1672 – I offer Tuscany annexation and this time, they accept!

Pisa – 303291 people work the wine trade here in this core province of ours. 42.50 ducats are made by the Lombard Catholics here. The province comes with virtually every upgrade including a university.

Siena – The Lombard Catholics here number 122039 working the cloth trade. 43.81 ducats are generated here. It comes with almost every upgrade including a university.

Firenze – 564816 Lombard Catholics work the wine trade here in this very valuable Italian province. 48.65 ducats are made here. Like the other two provinces, it comes with a university and almost every upgrade.

We now have all provinces on the Italian peninsula united.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Naxos Golden Age - Rally Around the Flag

1 January, 1673 – I order constables in the old Tuscan provinces. I send a missionary to Korales.

31 March, 1673 – Our attempt to expand Goias fails, but the natives do not revolt. I send more colonists in.

30 April, 1673 – On the other hand, we have set up a colony in Mauritius

4 October, 1673 – We failed to convert Tunis.

I order a missionary to Banjarmasin

9 December, 1673 – Candar rejected annexation.

29 December, 1673 – Goias expanded and more settlers were sent out to its gold mines

1 January, 1674 – I order the following built:

Customs House – Savoie, Parma and Brescia
Constable – The Baleares, Apulia
Marketplace – Croatia, Romagna
Tax Assessor – Venezia, Liguria, Napoli, Ferrara and Lombardia

1 February, 1674 – Bern is now a core

25 April, 1674 – Once again, Candar has rejected our offer of annexation.

25 August, 1674 – RM: Burgundy

27 September, 1674 – Goias expanded and more colonists are sent.

1 October, 1674 - I send colonists to Mauritius

20 October, 1674 – RM: Saxony

23 October, 1674 – Candar once again refuses an annexation offer (again my advisors have them at about 50/50)

1 November, 1674 – I have revolt sin both Makassar and Korales.

1 December, 1674 – Our production tech increased.

1 January, 1675 – I order 12 tax assessors built in Italian provinces.

31 January, 1675 – Candar accepts annexation.

Kastamon – This wine province rests west of Sinope on the south coast of the Black Sea and on the north coast of Turkey. 126884 Sunni of Turkish descent live and work here. 25.24 ducats are made here. This province is a core of the Ottomans.

1 February, 1675 – Korales is a core. Our government tech increases.

A level two trade advisor was found in Peidmont. I fire my 37 year old level two tech advisor to hire him. I watch the advisors. The following day our former trade tech advisor is picked up and someone drops a level 3 stability advisor. The next day, someone picks up that advisor and drops a level one production advisor. The following day, someone drops a level 4 colonist make (+0.8 colonists annually) for that advisor. I really want the colonist maker.

I drop my level four tech production maker, who has a few years in him, for this level 4 colonist maker. Now let’s see what happens.

The following day our level 4 production advisor is dropped for a level 2 army advisor. I’d rather have this army advisor than my current level 2 trade advisor, so I drop the guy I just picked up for this army advisor.

That ends the chain, because this new advisor is solely mine for a year. Who knows how long that chain would have gone on?

22 February, 1675 – Francesco VII died. Francesco VIII is our new ruler – Admin: 5, military: 4, diplomacy: 8.

2 June, 1675 – I get Native Attack! event. I chose to defend the settlement and the native hositily in Goias jackets up, several hundred of them die, and I lose 50 people in the settlement.

26 June, 1675 – Goias expands and I send more colonists

1 October, 1675 – Mato Grosso is now a core.

1 January, 1676 – I order a missionary to Tunis.

3 January, 1676 – Aragon rejects our offer of annexation (again, 50/50 roughly, not doing well here recently.)

23 January, 1676 – Mauritius expands and I send in more colonists.

11 March, 1676 – RM: Lithuania

25 March, 1676 – Goias expands and more colonists are sent

1 April, 1676 – Our stability increases back to 3.

23 April, 1676 – I get a Rush of Colonists event and receive 3 free colonists. I need to settle a new place. Where?

I send colonists to Surabaya, a province north and adjacent to Mataram.

5 May, 1676 – Aragon accepts annexation. This increased our badboy a bunch (1 per province at 8 provinces, not colonies).

Barcelona – The cream of the remaining Aragonian provinces. 284344 Catholic make 41.23 ducats. The Catalan wine fields feature a lot of province improvements.

Pirineo – The minor Pirineo is between Girona and Navarra, the land province between the coastal ones. 21582 Castilian Catholics work the poor wool trade, making only 10.3 ducats.

Navarra – The remaining Iberian province of Aragon was this Atlantic facing port province. 23590 Basque Catholics work the iron mines here making 22.86 ducats. This is a core of Foix and Castille.

New World Provinces:

Unami – 2686 people work the fur trade here in Unami (New Jersey). 26.16 ducats are made by the Catalan Catholics. This is a core of Portugal.

Delaware – 2242 Catalan Catholics farm this tobacco province. 32.50 ducats are made annually here.

St. Lucia – This Caribbean Island has 3400 people working the sugar trade. It makes 39.39 ducats annually.

Cumana – This mainland province lies on the north central shore of South America in the Caribbean. 1498 people work the coffee industry here. 26.71 ducats are generated.

Demerara – This mainland province is on the north coast of South America. 31.8 ducats are made by the 2067 people here in the sugar fields.

Colonies:

Caracas
Suriname
Cayenne
Tucujulandia

I’ll send colonists to make these full cities.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Naxos Golden Age - Keeping an Umbrella in Case of Rain

20 December, 1676 – Suriname expands and is now a full city.

Suriname – Lombard Catholics number 1228 in this sugar province. 28.45 ducats are made here.

22 December, 1676 – Goias expands and I send more colonists

1 January, 1677 – I order the following built:

Fort in Demerara, Suriname, Cumana, Unami and Delaware
Constable in St. Lucia, Barcelona, Navarra, and Pirineo
Tax Assessor in Piedmont, Naxos and Alexandria

18 January, 1677 – I get this event: Cessation of Church Functions. The church’s functions are beginning to ebb in communities. I can choose to accept it and get a bump in money (250 ducats) from their property but lose some infrastructure (-5% taxes) for 20 years. Or I can take a stability hit and reject it. Neither is good for me, but I take the first option.

5 February, 1677 – I reject an Aztec offer for an alliance.

18 February, 1677 – On a lark, I accept an alliance with Incas. No one’s really touched them, and it might giver me an excuse to war against the Mayas or somebody.

1 April, 1677 – Our naval tech increased

17 May, 1677 – We fail to colonize Cayenne and I send in more

28 May, 1677 – Mauritius expands and I send more colonists.

1 July, 1677 – Revolters in Great Britain have taken the name of England and declared independence. None of these revolters are actually in the English isles.

21 September, 1677 – Goias expands and I send in more colonists.

25 December, 1677 – We set up a colony in Surabaya. I send in more colonists.

1 January, 1678 – Makassar is now a core province.

I order a Fine Arts Academy built in Naxos

16 January, 1678 – We successfully expanded our holdings in Cayenne

15 February, 1678 – RM: Castille

1 April, 1678 – Banjarmasin and Sabah are now cores.

15 April, 1678 – I get New Land Claimed for Cumana and chose increased tax base.

20 June, 1678 – Goias expanded and I send more settlers.

20 September, 1678 – After Taungu rebelled from Malacca, I agree to declare war upon them. Malacca captured it, and I agreed to vassalize them as well.

24 September, 1678 – Mauritius expanded.

1 October, 1678 – I send pioneers to Cayenne. (just a different name for the dynasty)

5 October, 1678 – We have converted the masses in Tunis! I order a constable built here.

19 March, 1679 – Goias expands. I send one last set of colonists to this place. It took a while with the native attack, and two failed attempts.

17 May, 1679 – Cayenne expanded

21 May, 1679 – RM: Portugal. Yes, Portugal offered me a RM!

26 August, 1679 – Surabaya expands and I send in more colonists.

1 October, 1679 – Famous last words strike me as a native uprising kills around 100 people in Goias.

16 December, 1679 – Goias expands. I send more colonists. I’ll say no more.

1 January, 1680 - I order a Textile Manufactory in Brescia.

1 April, 1680 Colonists are sent to Cayenne

1 August, 1680 – Our land advisor died and I hired a level two colonist maker.

21 August, 1680 – RM: Castille

1 September, 1680 Both our land and production techs increased.

15 September, 1680 – Goias finally expands.

Goias – This gold province is adjacent to Minas Gerais and Mato Grosso. 2046 people work the gold trade here. I order a fort built here. 42.46 ducats are made annually here.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Naxos Golden Age - Keeping Up With the Neighbors

3 October, 1680 – Castille and Portugal entered into an alliance

15 November, 1680 – Cayenne expanded and I send more settlers to her shores

1 January, 1681 – I send a missionary to Makassar.

I also order:

Constable in Damascus, Girona
Marketplace in Kastamon
Workshop in Vestbygen and Suriname
Customs House in Jamaica

12 March, 1681 – I get New Land Claimed for Palermo.

25 April, 1681 – Surabaya expands and I dispatch more colonists

10 May, 1681 – Francesco VIII died and Giacomo IV is taking over. Admin: 7, military: 3, diplomacy: 8

1 July, 1681 – Cayenne expanded and I sent more colonists.

1 August, 1681 – Our naval tech increased

1 September, 1681 – A level two trade tech investing advisor arrived in Palermo and I hire him in place of my level 2 colonist maker.

I send settlers to Caracas

1 January, 1682 – I send a missionary to Kastamon.

I also order:

Customs House in Roma and Palermo
Constable in Nice
Tax Assessor in Bali-Lombok, Mataram, Savoie, and Crete

14 February, 1682 - Cayenne grows and more pioneers are sent.

1 May, 1682 – Prey Nokor is revolting

8 May, 1682 – Caracas grows and settlers are dispatched

13 August, 1682 – Korales converts to the one true faith!

1 October, 1682 - Cayenne grew.

1 November, 1682 – I order more colonists to Cayenne. Last group?

1 December, 1682 – Tucujulandia got hit hard by a native uprising

27 December, 1682 – Surabaya expanded

1 January, 1683 – I order the construction of two wargalleons

The Fine Arts Academy in Naxos is complete.

28 January, 1683 – Caracas expanded

1 March, 1683 – Settlers leave our harbors bound for Caracas

30 June, 1683 – Cayenne is now a city

Cayenne – East of Suriname, 2012 Catholic Lombard sugar farmers work here making us 30.84 ducats annually. I order a fort here.

1 September, 1683 – Our naval tech increases

29 October, 1683 – Caracas expands and more pioneers are sent

1 January, 1684 – I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Alexandria.

1 March, 1684 – We have a revolt in Prey Nokor.

I decide to send a Missionary to Prey Nokor

20 March, 1684 – We fail to convert the people in Kastamon.

14 April, 1684 – Banjarmasin converts.

27 June, 1684 – Caracas expands and more colonists are sent to her fur trading posts.

1 July, 1684 – I order a marketplace in Cayenne after the fort is complete.

1 October, 1684 – Colonists are bound for Mauritius

1 December, 1684 - Three things happen today. Delagoa Bay is now part of our patrimony. We have a rebellion in Prey Nokor. And our trade increased

1 January, 1685 – The textile manufactory in Brescia is finished. I send a missionary to Kastamon and another to Sabah

23 February, 1685 – Caracas expands and more settlers are sent

1 May, 1685 – Damaraland is now part of our patrimony

3 October, 1685 – Surabaya expanded and I send in more colonists

23 October, 1685 – Caracas expanded

Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Naxos Golden Age - Like a Long, Lost Cousin Returning

3 November, 1685 – Malacca rejects annexation

1 December, 1685 – I ship colonists off to Caracas

27 January, 1686 – Mauritius expands

8 March, 1686 – After making nice with the gifts, they reject another offer.

1 April, 1686 – 0ur government tech increases! We can now get a new national idea.

I take Smithian Economics. We get +10 production. Considering the vast amounts of my empire tied into production wealth (Chinaware, gold, wine, sugar, cotton, coffee, ivory, iron, salt, tobacco, cloth, spices, and furs are all average or better at production wealth and we have them (as opposed to, say, tea or copper which we don’t have). Bad producers include wool, fish, grain, naval supplies and currently, slaves).

22 May, 1686 – I get New Land Claimed for Ancona and raise the tax base. Based on this raise, I feel Ancona is now ready for a constable and order one built.

1 August, 1686 – Caracas expanded and I send in even more colonists.

9 September, 1686 - Another rejection by Malacca

10 September, 1686 – I order colonists to set up a colony in Essequibo. This will connect our provinces on the northern coast of South America.

1 January, 1687 – I order a weapons manufactory in Aragon, which has iron.

5 February, 1687 – We annex Malacca.

I annexed 14 provinces. I release several lands as vassals, because frankly, I have no desire for them. Pattani is released as the state Pattani, and is now our vassal. The province of Chaing Mai becomes Lan Na, our vassal. Keng Tong and Megnai become our vassal Chan. Champassak and Luang Prabang become Lan Xang. We now have a badboy of 8 instead of 14.

My new provinces (and I may look to move one or more of these in the future as vassals if possible):

Malacca – The reason for gaining the high badboy, for waging the war again Malacca, and for getting involved here. This is the most valuable province in this area, possibly the most valuable province outside of China in Asia. 744221 people work the spice trade in this center of trade. Look at the number of people, the valuable trade good and the center of trade. That’s a nasty combination. I currently get 60.71 ducats from here, and that’s because the Malay people here are still Sunni. The province comes with just a workshop, so imagine what it will look like once fully built up and Catholic! I order a courthouse built here.

Pahang – Adjacent to Malacca is Pahang. A fort is being built here and will be ready by the end of the month. 6376 people work the fish trade here. Like Malacca, the people here are Malay and Sunni. 5.69 ducats are made here.

Johor – Adjacent to Malacca is the fish province of Johor. 14724 Sunni Malays make us 5.16 ducats.

Panduranga – Up the coast from Prey Nokor, this Hindu province only has 6.98 ducats made by the 52528 fishermen of Cham culture. I order a fort built here. It has a high tax value and should be a high convert target.

Thang Long – This coastal province is just south of Ming. 10.12 ducats are made in the naval supplies business by Buddhists. 23028 Vietnamese work in and around the capital city of Hanoi. I order a fort built here, because it has a very high tax value (10)and is a decent province after conversion.

Binh Tri Thien – This coastal province south along the Gulf of Tonkin from Thang Long features Vietnamese Buddhist fishermen making 5.96 ducats by the 4797 people here. This place comes with a Regimental Camp (faster recruit time).

Khorat – This junky province deep in SE Asia is 20536 people, grain, Buddhist Khorats, 4.01 ducats of ick.

Siem Reap – This inland province is adjacent to Khorat, Prey Nokor and Panduranga. 4404 Buddhists work the grain trade here and make us an outstanding 2.65 by the Khmer.

I understand getting Johor and Pahang, because they are adjacent to Malacca and Mallaca is good enough, but I really want to unload Khorat and Siem Reap. The other three can be upgraded with missionaries and province improvements, but not those.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #225
Tellistto
College Prospect

And Naxos grows more. Heck, world conquest, ya still have time.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #226
thealmighty
Pro Starter

I'm sure it says somewhere but I don't feel like trying to find where that somewhere is... what is your "badboy" and what exactly is a core province?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #227
sabotai
General Manager

"Badboy" is your reputation. The higher it is, the worse it is, meaning the more other nations will hate you. It also negatively effects other areas, such as trade.

Here's the entry in the EUIII Wiki: http://europa-universalis.kerak.com/...tle=Reputation

Your nation considers a core province to be an integral part of your country. Here's the entry on it: http://europa-universalis.kerak.com/...php?title=Core
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Naxos Golden Age - Dealing with Sceptics

26 February, 1687 – Protesting our annexation of Malacca, Atjeh declares war against us. Austria joins us. Brunei and Sulu join Atjeh.

19 March, 1687 – We fail to convert the people in Kastamon.

30 March, 1687 – Caracas expands, I order more colonists.

A Brunei forces arrives at Sabah and begins a siege.

16 April, 1687 – Khorat is captured by Atjeh.

28 April, 1687 – One of our admittedly smaller armies arrives at Lampang and captures it (no fort). I order them deeper into the island.

4 May, 1687 – I decline an alliance offer from Maya.

8 May, 1687 – We fail to set up a colony in Essequibo.

16 May, 1687 – I drive Brunei out of their capital and capture their capital.

21 May, 1687 – I accept peace with Brunei. They renounce their claims on Banjarmasin and Sabah and gave us 9 ducats. I really didn’t want to be at war with them, so that’s fine by me.

24 May, 1687 – Atjeh captures Siem Reap.

1 June, 1687 – Rebels arrive in Thang Long and capture it.

4 June, 1687 – Surabaya expands and I send more colonists. My army captured Palembang. I order them up the island.

5 June, 1687 – Atjeh troops attack and kill my rebels in Thang Long after they move into Atjeh territory. Thanks Atjeh!

15 June, 1687 – We captured the capital of Atjeh with my Jaffnan army. I move them down the island.

20 June, 1687 – We win a minor battle and capture the province of Udong.

30 June, 1687 – Panduranga has been captured by Atjeh.

1 July, 1687 – We captured Sulu.

20 July, 1687 – We capture Aru

23 July, 1687 – We capture Benkulen

1 August, 1687 – Atjeh troops arrive in prey Nokor and begin a siege.

2 August, 1687 – We recapture Siem Reap.

3 August, 1687 – Sulu agrees to be our vassal.

25 August, 1687 – We captured another Atjeh province too big to spell.

28 August, 1687 – Captured Vijaya

31 August, 1687 – We captured Siak and recapture Panduranga

23 September, 1687 – We defeated their troops at Rayong and capture it

25 September, 1687 – We captured the island of Riau.

27 September, 1687 – Atjeh accepts peace for four provinces:

Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #229
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
And Naxos grows more. Heck, world conquest, ya still have time.

Tell

Nah, too unrealistic. Our power right now rivals Portugal at her peak colonially and is less than some powers during European history. We aren't even at English level of colonization in real life at her peak. Nor are we close to sniffing Spain's jock colonially in real life at her height.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #230
Izulde
Head Coach

what four provinces did you get in the last war? You didn't put them down

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vijaya – This coastal fish province connects by land our two coastal Vietnamese provinces and the lower SE Asian coastal provinces of Panduranga. It’s not that valuable on its own, but as a bridge, it has some use. It also has a decent tax base, despite the low ducats 8.61. It has 124434 Cham Hindus. I order a fort built here.

Udong – This coastal province is up the coast from Prey Nokor and adjacent to Siem Reap. Ivory is the key trade good here. 33.98 ducats are made by the 62958 Buddhist Khmer. I order a fort built here as well.

Lampung – On the south east end of Sumatra island, lies this spice province. 22704 Malay Sunni people work and live here making us 31.20 ducats. I order a fort built here as well.

Palembang – This coastal province is adjacent to Lampung. It is also a spice province that I order a fort in. 26004 Malay Sunnis make us 31 ducats even.

My bad boy takes a hit, but as big of one as could have happened. I up my eastern tolerance a little at the expense of protestants and reform.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-26-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 AM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We need a new map.

My vassals will have stars by them

Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BTW, you might enjoy the title of that map's image in the html.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Italian Golden Age - Legacy Claimed

1 October, 1687 – Our production tech increased

1 November, 1687 – I send another group of colonists to Essequibo.

26 November, 1687 – Caracas expands and becomes a full city.

Caracas – This fur province features 4608 Lombard Catholics making 16.75 ducats. I order a fort built here. This is a coastal province adjacent to Cumana.

1 January,1688 – Our naval tech increases. There is a revolt in Binh Tri Thien. I order a marketplace in Malacca and a Courthouse in Binh Tri Thien.

1 April, 1688 – Our land tech increases

2 July, 1688 – We set up a colony in Essequibo. I order more colonists to follow.

1 August, 1688 – Send colonists to Mauritius

18 September, 1688 – I get a Boundary Dispute but choose to settle it since its just over a couple of British colonies.

27 September, 1688 – A lot of city improvements are done in SE Asia, so I order marketplaces in the new non-fish provinces. Courthouses in the other ones.

15 December, 1688 – RM: Funj

1 January, 1689 – Sinope is now a core province. That Naval Equipment Manufactory was built in Alexandria. I order the following:

Marketplace in Caracas, Suriname, Delagoa Bay and Vijaya.

3 February, 1689 – Surabaya has grown and I ship out more settlers.

15 February, 1689 – Essequibo expanded

1 May, 1689 – I send colonists to Essequibo.

3 May, 1689 – I get the following event: Italian Nation.

As the heart of the Renaissance, our nation is blossoming. We have just entered what looks like the start of an artistic rebellion especially in the fields of architecture and literature. The cultural evolution is not aiding our country in protecting its borders, however. Our country is regularly stricken by foreign powers trying to influence us militarily and diplomatically. What do we do?

Form and become Italy
We gain a missionary
A diplomat
And become Italy

We want no part of it.
-2 centralization
-1 tax value in Damascus

I chose to become Italy. I hadn’t set out to do it, but that’s the way the game led us.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Italian Golden Age - Waiting for the End of the Day

23 June, 1689 – RM: Great Britain

30 July, 1689 – I get Boundary Dispute and choose to settle it over provinces with Castille in Northern Africa.

29 September, 1689 – I order the following things in my provinces:

Marketplace in Panduranga, Pahang, Johor, Thang Long
Fort in Khorat, Siem Reap

4 December, 1689 – Mauritius expands

16 December, 1689 – Colonization in Essequibo failed but I send more in anyway

1 January, 1690 – I order a missionary to Udong and Vijaya.

1 February, 1690 – I send a group of colonists to Mauritius

8 February, 1690 – I order a Customs House built in Malacca and a missionary sent to Binh Tri Thien

1 August, 1690 – Essequibo expanded and I dispatch more pioneers.

1 September, 1690 – Our production tech increased

30 September, 1690 – I send missionaries to Thang Long and Panduranga

1 October, 1690 – Our naval tech increases

7 October, 1690 – Surabaya expanded

1 December, 1690 – I ship settlers to Surabaya

1 January, 1691– With our naval tech increase, I order an Admiralty built in our capital, which is still Naxos.

17 January, 1691 – Our conversion attempts in Kastamon have failed and the people are rebelling against us.

19 March, 1691 – Essequibo expands…

1 April, 1691 - ….and more colonists are sent

30 May, 1691 – Mauritius expanded

1 July, 1691 – Our great colonist making advisor passed away. I hire a much worse colonist maker.

30 August, 1691 – Makassar has converted!

I order a Tax Assassor built here.

10 September, 1691 – RM: Lithuania

21 September, 1691 – I get New Land Claimed for Roma which I use to increase its taxvalue by one.

23 September, 1691 RM: Castille

15 November, 1691 – Essequibo expanded. More colonists are dispatched

1 January, 1692 – Our Weapons Manufactory ordered in Aragon is complete.

The following building projects are underway:

Workshop in Cayenne, Caracas, Mato Grosso, Minas Gerais, Santana, Roggeveld and Goias
Constable in Cumana, Delaware and Unami and Vestbygen and Sardinia
Customs House in Valencia, Tunis and Damascus
Level 3 Fort in Venezia
Marketplace in Corsica

1 February, 1692 – Our trade tech increased.

1 May, 1692 – There’sa revolt in Vijaya

1 July, 1692 – I order colonists to the newly expanded Essequibo.

5 August, 1692 – Surabaya expanded

1 October, 1692 – I send the go order to a group of settlers in our harbor, waiting to leave for Surabaya’s shores.

16 February, 1693 – Essequibo expands

16 March, 1693 – I get New Land Claimed, this time for Piedmont. From now on, I am abbreviating this event as NLC: with the province name afterwards. I always take the increase in tax value.

6 April, 1693 – Kastamon again casts off our Missionary’s greatest pleas and reject the one true faith. I order more missionaries to the province.

16 July, 1693 – France lost a war against the Cherokee and ceded two of her provinces in the Louisiana area.

1 September, 1693 – Our government tech increased

25 September, 1693 – RM: Austria

8 November, 1693 – RM: France

9 December, 1693 – Essequibo expands and I send in more colonists.

1 January, 1694 – I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Beirut, which has naval supplies.

1 February, 1694 – Our land tech increases.

3 June, 1694 – Surabaya grew

26 July, 1694 – Essequibo expands and one last group of colonists set out.

1 September, 1694 – Prey Nokor is now a core

30 September, 1694 – In the same month it became a core province, a missionary failed to convert the province.

1 November, 1694 – I send what may be the last colonists to Surabaya.

21 November, 1694 - I get an event based around my trade advisor. Basicially, because he’s good, I get an event that allows me to choose to reduce inflation or increase taxes for a cuple o fyears. I chose to dock inflation.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Italian Gold Age - Preparing a Feast

1 January, 1695 – The natives of Essequibo rise up and destroy part of the colony, two months before the last group of colonists were scheduled to arrive. Now it wil take an additional group of colonists.

1 March, 1695 – Binh Tri Thein is rebelling.

4 March, 1695 – I spend a bunch of money and order a missionary to Malacca. This one missionary almost costs as much as a factory does when you buy your first one (each subsequent factory costs more and more to buy of each type).

12 March, 1695 – Essequibo expands.

20 March, 1695 – We lost agains the rebels who are now besieging the province.

1 April, 1695 – More colonists, more Essequibo

18 May, 1695 – We defeat the rebels.

22 June, 1695 – And yet once more Kastamon has refused to convert. I send even more missionaries. There’s supposedly a 46.4% chance of this thing taking there, you’d figure it would eventually.

4 October, 1695 – Sabah at least converts to Catholicism. They have greater wisdom than the people of Kastamon,

I order a workshop built in Sabah

1 November, 1695 – I send colonists to Mauritius

16 November, 1695 – Essequibo is now a full city.

Essequibo – This sugar province sits on the coast between Cumana and Demerara. 1388 Lombard Catholics make us 35.56 ducats. I order a fort built here.

1 January, 1696 – Our land tech increased

I order missionaries to Palembang and Lampung.

1 April, 1696 – I send a group of colonists to Grao Para, a province adjacent to my South American territories on the north coast.

1 May, 1696 – Our trade tech increased

3 July, 1696 – Surabaya is now a full city

Surabaya – 6070 people work the cotton fields in this Javan province. 30.65 ducats sare made here and I order a fort. It is north of Mataram on the island.

1 September, 1696 – Goias is now a part of our patrimony

1 October, 1696 – I order another mission to Prey Nokor.

8 November, 1696 – Grao Para is now a colony of ours and I dispatch more colonists.

1 December, 1696 – I order a marketplace in Essequibo.

1 January, 1697 – As my badboy winds its way towards zero, I prepare for a war that was inevitable.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-26-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Italian Golden Age - Ripples on the Sea of Peace

27 February, 1697 – Mauritius expands.

1 May, 1697 – Our naval tech increases.

24 June, 1697 – Grao Para expanded.

4 July, 1697 – I order a marketplace in Surabaya.

8 September, 1697 – Yet another failure in Kastamon, yet more missionaries are sent.

1 October, 1697 – I ship colonists to Grao Para.

30 October, 1697 – NLC: The Baleares

1 November, 1697 – Siena is now a core province.

1 December, 1697 – I order a workshop in Essequibo

1 January, 1698 – Our badboy is almost completely gone, and our war preparations are almost completely finished.

21 May, 1698 – Grao Para grew and more settlers were sent.

I am ready for war now.

There’s this one nation province called Ryukyu on the islands of Okinawa. It has the very wealthy chinaware trade good and no fort. The only thing that has kept me from taking it, is that it is a vassal and ally of Ming. What I need to do is attack Ryukyu, annex it, and then try to become unpalatable to Ming so that they want to end the war rather than continue. To prepare, I have maxed out my defensive armies in Thang Long and Taiwan, in case of Chinese strikes. I also have a large fleet ready to rptect Taiwan if needed.

I declare war on Ryukyu.

Austria joins us and Ming joins them

2 June, 1698 – We defeat the minor Ryukyu defences and capture their province.

28 June, 1698 – We have annexed Ryukyu. I order a fort built here.

8 August, 1698 – Mauritius expands and is now a city. I’ll take a look after the war/skirmish.

30 August, 1698 – We won a sea battle against Ming.

1 September, 1698 – Mauritius is now a core province.

8 September, 1698 - I order a shipyard built at Bali-Lombok

11 September, 1698 – We won another sea battle.

13 September, 1698 – Ming rejects a white peace.

1 October, 1698 – We win another sea battle. Our trade tech increased by one.

17 October, 1698 – Won another sea battle. Tell ya what, I’ll just report it if I, you know, los e asea battle or something. Just assume I’m winning one of these every two weeks or so.

18 October, 1698 – NLC: Venezia

They reject another white peace offer.

19 December, 1698 – NLC: Goias

4 January, 1699 – Grao Para expands and I send out more colonists.

2 February, 1699 – I accept a peace offer from Mign where I pay 200 ducats. I was winning the sea war, but I have no desire to continue this charade of a war. I agree.

We took:

Okinawa – 61630 Shinto workers create and sell chinaware here. 53.82 ducats are being made by the Japanese people here. A fort is currently being built and there are no other buildings here.

And we grew:

Mauritius – 1550 of our people work the sugar fields in this Indian Ocean island. They are also working on a fort. 40.96 ducats are made here,.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Italian Golden Age - One Last Gasp of Greatness

23 May, 1699 – NLC: Butana

29 June, 1699 – I order a marketplace built in Okinawa

20 August, 1699 – Grao Para expanded and we sent more colonist

24 November, 1699 – FINALLY. We have finally converted the heretics in Kastamon to Catholicism.

1 January, 1700 – I have four missionaries right now, and I make 1.2 annually. I’ll need them because several provinces have missions come due this next year. I’ll save my money to resend missionaries if needed.

1 February, 1700 – Kastamon is now a core province

3 February, 1700 – I do order a marketplace in Mauritius

1 April, 1700 – Our govnerment tech increases.

6 April, 1700 – Grao Para expands and more colonists are sent

30 June, 1700 – I order a Workshop in Okinawa

1 August, 1700 – Our naval tech increases.

4 October, 1700 – Udong is now Catholic after accepting our teachings!

13 October, 1700 – Vijaya did not convert and instead is rebelling. I order more missionaries sent

20 October, 1700 – Binh Ti Thien converts!

20 November, 1700 – Grao Para grows and I send in more settlers of happiness

15 December, 1700 – I snuck some colonists past the ornery natives in Tucujulandia. I don’t like the colony that much with its tucky fish, but it has an acceptable tax base and more importantly is a land connection in my north coast South American colonies.

1 January, 1701 – I order a Refinery built in Barcelona

20 January, 1701 – RM: Great Britain

1 February, 1701 – Production tech increases

3 February, 1701 – I order a constable in Mauritius

1 May, 1701 – Our land tech increased.

1 June, 1701 – The previous Aragon holdings are now our core provinces.

1 July, 1701 – I order a courthouse in Okinawa

6 July, 1701 – Grao Para expanded and I send in even more colonists.

13 July, 1701 – Both Thang Long and Panduranga have failed missionary attempts. Rebels arrive.

1 January, 1702 – I send more missionaries to Thang Long and Panduranga.

I order level 2 forts in:

Beirut
Damascus
Sinope
Kastamon
Dalmatia

I also order several ships built

3 February, 1702 – I order workshop in Mauritius

22 February, 1702 – Grao Para expands.

1 April, 1702 – And more settlers are sent there

17 May, 1702 - I again snuck settlers into Tucujulandia.

28 August, 1702 – NLC: Beirut

29 August, 1702 – Castille asks for military access and I grant it.

15 November, 1702 – Grao Para expands and is now a city

Grao Para – This coastal sugar province is adjacent to Tucujulandia on the northern coast of South America. 1515 people work the field making 39.6 ducats for us.

1 December, 1702 – Tucujulandia is attacked by natives.

1 January, 1703 – Surabaya is now a core province. All of the provinces that I ordered level 2 forts in I now order level 3 forts in.

I also order level 2 forts in Naxos, Athens and Morea

1 May, 1703 – Our trade tech increased

18 May, 1703 – Tucujulandia expanded and I send more colonists.

30 May, 1703 – 250 year retrospective

Old 03-27-2007, 03:03 AM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are no provinces individually listed here, it would take waaaaay too much of my time. Last time it took something like 90 minutes to recap my provinces and this time it would be intimidating.

We currently have 88 infantry regiments, 57 cavalry regiments and 7 cannon regiments.

We also have 7 heavy ships, like caravels and wargalleons. 4 light ships, such as frigates or early frigates. 2 galleys were captured in the Ming war. And we have 26 trasnports, typically flytes and merchantmen.

5 of those large ships are wargalleons. Fear us minor powers, because those rule the sea (as I saw against Ming).

We have been the Papal Controller for decades now and have never stopped being the Holy Roman Emperor since our first induction.

Our inflation is down to 4.2 percent, taking us off the first page. The highest inflation is 20% by the Oirat Horde. Foix is the highest inflated European power at 7%.

We are several levels behind the leaders in all the categories save governmental where we are just one tech catgory behind the leaders.

Currently in the game, there are only three level 6 advisors, and we have one of them, in government tech.

We are the largest nation in the world. We are larger than Ming at number two, Austria at three, The Ottomans at four or the Timurids at five.

What provinces are the highest in production? In order:

Malacca
Makassar
Okinawa
Lombardia *
Brescia *
Bali-Lombok
Taiwan
Palermo *
Napoli *
Korales

Provinces that have an * designate a province with a factory that adds 12 ducats to their total. None of these four provinces would be in the top ten if they did not have those factories. The next four provinces are Tripolitania, Siena, Ferrara, and Romagna, and the of those have Universities, which are a factory that makes duscats as well.

As such, you can see the value of waging wars for these one provinces like Makassar, Okinawa, Tripolitania and Bali-Lombok. Each of those provinces came from a one province nation that we took a heavy badboy hit to capture. You can also see why I jumped on Korales and Malacca when I had a chance. Taiwan is the only colony that charts in the top ten. All of these provinces make more production than our gold colonies.

Right after Romagna are my gold provinces, led by Santana.

Top ten tax provinces, in order:

Venezia *
Liguria *
Alexandria *
Lombardia
Firenze
Roma
Savoie
Mantua
Napoli
Mataram

Provinces with an asterisk signify centers of trade.

Although the previous list was dominated by Asian provinces with wealthy trade goods, this list is dominated by Italian provinces of the same culture as my main. Fully six of these provinces are Lombard Italian provinces, and the one colony that charts is Lombard as well. Napoli charts because of its size (999999), Roma because of its worth as a city, and Alexandria because it is a Center of Trade.

Our other COT, Malacca, is 18th, which is largely because of the religious and cultural differences. Rememebr, Alexandria is now Catholic.

If you want to look at non COT provinces, then the next three provinces on this list are Cape, Barcelona and Valencia. Another colony that high is interesting, and Barcelona and Valencia are on the rich Iberian coast.

Cultures:

Lombard is the largest culture in the land, accounting for around 55% of the people roughly (I’m looking at a pie chart). Our next largest culture is Catalan. After that, we have Greek, Sicilian and al Misr Arabic, following by Umbrian and Malay. No others have enough to even chart.

Religion:

By a large amount, Catholicism is the largest religion in the nation. I’d say it’s around 72-73%. Then the next is Sunni followed by Orthodox right behind it. Religions I have like Shinto and Hindu and Reform and Buddhist if I have any left are mixed together in the remaining 7 percent or so.

Trade Goods:

Fish is my largest export. Boo.
Wine is second, and that’s okay
Sugar is next. Yay.
Grain, ick
Spices, wow
Wool, double ick
Salt, really?

Ming is up to SIX COTs. Geez. Malacca is the fifth most valuable COT by the amount of trade that goes through it (Andelucia is number one).

Trade Goods by Value. Want to know the best trade goods?

Chinaware
Sugar
Tobacco
Tea
Coffee
Spices
Cotton
Ivory
Copper
Cloth
Salt
Iron
Furs
Wine
Naval Supplies
Fish
Grain
Wool
Slaves

(Gold is not a trade good)

As you can see, we have a lot of Sugar. Yay! You do not want the bottom five, because they are el stinko trade-wise.

I was going to take a picture of north South America where we have been colonizing, but then I realize that it’s just a line of eight provinces along the coast. Nothing very sexy to see there.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 AM   #240
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The End of the Italian Golden Age - Eclipse

30 December, 1703 – Tucojulandia expanded and more colonists were sent.

1 January, 1704 – I order level 4 fort at Kastamon, level 3s at Morea, and Athens.

1 April, 1704 – I begin to order cannon, ships, cavalry, and infantry in record numbers.

9 April, 1704 – I request and receive Military access through vassal Karamon.

5 July, 1704 – NLC: Calabria

1 August, 1704 – I send a spy into Aleppo to foment rebellion

2 August, 1704 – RM: Burgundy

17 August, 1704 – Tucujulandia expands and more pioneers are sent

1 January, 1705 – I order more forts built. Sinope and Athens to level four. Rhodes and Cyprus level 2s. Level 3 in Naxos.

I continue to order many troops and ships.

8 January, 1705 – RM: Portugal

2 April, 1705 – Tucujulandia expands and one last group (hopefully) is sent.

24 April, 1705 – Malacca converted to Catholicism!

1 May, 1705 – I start hiring generals. This will be a war of epicness

1 November, 1705 – I jack up my military maintenance.

I sent a spy to foment rebellion in Astrakhan.

16 November, 1705 – Tucujulandia expands and is now a full colony.

Tucujulandia – This fish city is between Grao Para and Cayenne. 2468 people work the trade here. 8.4 ducats are made here. I can’t spare the cash to build a fort here anytime soon.

24 November, 1705 – I revoke the Ottoman access to our nation.

1 December, 1705 – Tucujulandia is now a core.

I have a few colonists. I send one to Bourbon, an Indian Ocrean island right by Mauritius. I don’t really ant it, but I don’t want to stockpile colonists over the next bit, and I expect I’ll be really busy.

12 December, 1705 – I ask for and receive military access through Austria.

25 December, 1705 – I send an insult to the Ottomans.

1 January, 1706 – Our government tech is raised. Our badboy from the Okinawan war is almost completely gone, and I’ve been prapping for this war for several years.

26 January, 1706 – I send another insult to the Ottomans. Our relations are now below zero.

1 February, 1706 – Just to get them outta my hair, I send colonists to Blambangan, a coastal province on Java isle next to Mataram and Surabaya.

6 February, 1706 – Brunei and Atjeh are now in a Personal Union, led by Brunei.

27 February, 1706 – NLC: Essequibo.

1 March, 1706 – I check my lines. I declare war against the Ottomans. Austria and Crimea join their respective allies. Blood will rain from the sky and the heavens will open up.

War has begun. The Golden Age of Italy is over.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #241
Groundhog
Coordinator

Oh boy, can't wait...
Old 03-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I haven’t started the war yet. Let’s review a few things. What preparations have I made?

We now have 98/90/18 infantry/cavalry/artillery

I have four smash armies, exclusively cavalry. One is stationed in Dalmatia, Beirut, our vassal Karamon, and Athens. Each army has been ordered to a province adjacent to it with Turkish soldiers. Each of these armies has a general. The purpose of these armies is to quickly and efficiently engage the enemy, win, and chase down the remnants or move on the next enemy and continue engaging. These armies are designed to smash and fade.

Behind them there are three sieging armies in Damascus, Modena and Dalmatia. These armies have generals with a siege value. They are heavy infantry typically with one cannon regiment. They move into provinces that have been cleared out by our smash armies and are to siege and capture opposing provinces. They are large enough to be used in an assault or to engage forces if necessary.

We also have several defensive armies, which are typically a mix of infantry and artillery with a few cavalry sprinkled in. These are stationed in Naxos, Judea, Kastamon and Sinope. Their goal is the hold the line and do not allow Turks into or through the key provinces (Dalmatia, Athens, Beirut and Damascus). They can be used as backup siege armies when needed.

I have several reserve armies. A reserve army is currently located in Cyprus. I may sail it into Turkey, or over to plug a hole where needed. Another infantry and artillery only army has been built on the Italian peninsula. Those troops are currently marching down the peninsula and grouping them. I expect I may need this in Greece or Turkey.

More cavalry are under construction in 8 Italian provinces.

In the naval arena, I have several plans ready. In Sinope and Kastamon there are a Wargalleon/Frigate navy. These navies are to move into the Black Sea and engage any and all Turk/Crimean vessels. They will hopefully win all of their battles.

3 more Wargalleons and another Frigate will be patrolling the Aegean and adjacent areas. They will be keeping any Turks and Crimeans out of the vulnerable capital area of Naxos and hopefully beign a wall keeping them from the Mediteranean. I want full movement and access in the Med.

Meanwhile, I have one Wargalleon escorting my 11 Flytes, or transport ships. If the enemy attacks and breaks us at, say, Sinope, I can sail troops in, with my escort and the nearby vessels.

This is why I went after Candar and Karamon, and one of the reasons I kept pushing the Mamluks despite taking all of their good provinces earlier. In many ways, the entire game has been building up to his war.

If I lose, I intend to lose magnificently.

As I showed you the Ottomans are no joke. They are one of the largest nations in the world, and they have a ton of great provinces.

This will be my hardest war ever. It will be very difficult to keep track of everything at once. However, I expect it to be a coup de gras.

You will get a map before we start.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is our new map. You will note that the new map color of Italy is a green very close in shade to the Ottoman green.

Legend:

Hammer - This designates a smash army
Catapult - This designates a siege army
Arrow - This designates a defensive, hold the line army
R - This designates a reserve army

Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #244
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar View Post
One could make the argument that they represent campaigns...

and it's stated that way in the manual.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #245
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I haven’t started the war yet. Let’s review a few things. What preparations have I made?

Enough with this strategy talk. You promised blood raining down! I want blood NOW!!!!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before you begin any war, you should know what your desired outcome is. These are provinces that I would consider taking and why:

Janina – Strategic. Taking this province would protect three of our provinces it can reach. It would reduce our surface area.

Salonica – Cultural. As a Greek province continguous with Athens, this is a very important province to take.

Trebizon – Cultural. As a Greek province adjacent to Sinope in the Black Sea region, this would be a nice province culturally.

Edirne – Cultural. Another Greek province.

Macedonia – Cultural. The last Greek province outside our territory. Inland, and not highly desired.

All four Greek provinces are relatively poor. Of them, only Salonica is of much commercial value to us, but it is of little value to the Ottomans and would not hurt them to take it (value to us is taxvalue, and Greek Orthodox)

Antalya – Economic. This may be the most valuable province outside of the Ottoman’s two COTs. Taking it would be a great blow to them and a boon to us. It is adjacent to our vassal Karamon.

Smyrna – Economic and Strategic. This coastal province adjacent to Antalya would be nice if I captured numerous Turkish coastal aprovinces. It is also one of two Turkish provinces that has their harbor in the Aegean Sea, with our capital so close.

Bursa – Economic and Strategic. The other province overlook the Aegean is this cloth coastal province. This would be a nice take.

Bithynia – Economic and Strategic. Capturing this province cuts the Ottoman empire in half ground wise. It has a high strategc value for that reason. It’s also a pretty valuable province economically. It is even continguous with Kastamon.

Aleppo – Economic and Strategic. This province decreases our surface area with the Maluks from two provinces (Beirut and Damascus) to one (Aleppo). It is also a solidly valuable cloth province.

I am not getting all of these. However, if I can only get a few, I would want them in this order:

Antalya
Salonica
Bithynia
Janina
Smyrna
Bursa
Aleppo
Trebizon
Edirne
Macedonia

That shows you what may targets are. I have to capture the provinces that I want to keep in peace negotiations, (unless they are core, but none of these are our cores).

Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #247
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

This one makes me a little nervous.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #248
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

The suspense is killing me, hopefully this battle lives up to the hype.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 AM   #249
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
The suspense is killing me, hopefully this battle lives up to the hype.

"The suspense is killing me...hope it will last."
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Ottoman-Italian War - Phase One: The Initial Thrust

The War

I begin by ordering my smash armies into provinces with defenders, so that they can hit people. I order siege armies into provinces that the smash armies vacate.

Let’s do this.

5 March, 1706 – We win a naval battle in The Black Sea.

11 March, 1706 – By now, we have won two more sea battles. Our Karamon troops arrive in a central Turkish province of Angora.

12 March, 1706 – Athens troops arrive in Salonica

13 March, 1706 – Beirut troops arrive in Aleppo

14 March, 1706 – Dalmatian troops arrive in Ragusa.

15 March, 1706 – I lost a Frigate in the Black Sea.

20 March, 1706 – Our smash army in Angora is losing. I order them to retreat to Karamon before the army is completely lost.

26 March, 1706 – My smash army in Aleppo won.

Heavy naval fighting in the Black Sea has resulted in us losing two more frigates. They are practically all gone now. The Wargalleons, on the other hand, are doing well.

31 March, 1706 – We lost another naval battle in the Black Sea. We also lost a Wargalleon.

1 April, 1706 – I won a major battle in the Black Sea. I order my Wargalleon that normally escorts the transports into the Black Sea. I am going to have to field one major navy in order to break up the heavy naval fighting.

5 April, 1706 - Wwe lost another Wargalleon.

13 April, 1706 – We attack the fleeing forces in Adana from the Aleppo battle.

16 April, 1706 – I lost another Wargalleon.

We won in Adana. I order my smash forces on.

18 April, 1706 – Our smash forces barely won in Salonica

20 April, 1706 – Our siege army arrives in Aleppo from Damascus. The defensive army is in Beirut. The East Flank is doing well. The Underbelly not so well. The West Flank has yet to break through, but a second army joined the Turks, and I believe we will win in Ragusa. The Greek flank is okay. The naval battle has been disasterous.