Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #101
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV Show gets a 0.69, which ties our highest rating.

-One potential conflict issue has arisen for the June Star Wars event. WWF is running their big monthly event the same night, so Michael Hayes will possibly be unavailable. I don't want to move the event up to Friday at this point (especially because Gary Hart, the Great Kabuki, and Buddy Roberts all have conflicts that day). Hayes works about half of the WWF's regular shows, but he's worked both of their last two big monthly events, so I can't expect him to be there. The angle could be the Freebirds claiming they can't put the titles on the line without Hayes there, only to be forced to use a replacement partner or as 3-2. Or maybe since Akbar has a business relationship with the Freebirds now, he can loan out Adrian Adonis for the night.

-Dick Murdoch rejects me for a 3rd time, even though he's unemployed. Maybe he's pulling a Chris Jericho and just wants some time off.

-Southwest Championship Wrestling runs their first show since I stole their heavyweight champion away, and they put the belt on the owner's son, Tully Blanchard, a guy who has turned down all offers to go elsewhere. (Nice touch). They also brought in Ricky Steamboat to help fill the void, jobbing him to Gino Hernandez in his first match there. I'd steal Steamboat away too, be he also works for Mid-Atlantic and Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-The Hogan/Andre the Giant Tag Team in the WWF has turned heel. Meanwhile, Roddy Piper is a main event face there. That's an interesting alternative history.

Last edited by molson : 05-10-2007 at 11:49 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #102
Swaggs
Coordinator

Molson, if this dynasty lasts long enough, will fictional wrestlers appear in the universe (I realize it is a looong time away, but theoretically?)?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #103
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Molson, if this dynasty lasts long enough, will fictional wrestlers appear in the universe (I realize it is a looong time away, but theoretically?)?

Yes, fictional wrestlers are generated. You can customize the pace at which they enter the game - I have it set to medium, which is giving the universe about 2-3 new guys a month (and I have all of the regions on - North America, Mexico, Japan, and the UK). In this dynasty, I hired a fictional rookie announcer with huge talent potential (Harry Frehely).

In addition to that, future real wrestlers will also appear in the year in which they started wrestling in real life. That's a new feature of this version that was basically created especially for this mod. And unlike other text sims, it isn't really a cheat to know which 18-year olds might be good. You could sign an 18-year old Curt Hennig, but he'll be pretty much worthless for a while, and if/when he gets good, he'll leave you for a bigger company. If you're already a big company, it's better to just let the guys with potential develop elsewhere, and take them when they're ready.

Last edited by molson : 05-11-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #104
PilotMan
Head Coach

I gotta say that looks like a pretty good card for the main show coming up. You have a number of main event potential matches. You are inching be closer to getting this game. I keep trying to play it, I think that the real guys would make things infinitely easier.

If you could say, what is the normal routine that you go through to get through the gameday? And what does your record keeping look like outside the game (i.e. notebook.)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #105
General Mike
Pro Starter

Really good dynasty so far. Keep up the good work.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #106
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 4, June 1983
Dallas, TX: 2,000 - SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantel defeated Super Kendo in 6:30 by pinfall (C-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
-Black Gordman defeated Johnny Mantel in 7:54 by pinfall (D)

-Fritz Von Erich defeated Checkmate in in 4:42 by DQ when Waldo Von Erich ran in and attacked Fritz (C+). Waldo continues his wild attack, but Fritz blocks Waldo's iron claw, and goes on the offensive against Waldo, throwing him from the ring (B). Akbar comes out to check on Waldo, and Fritz grabs a mic and warns both of them from the ring – he says both of them will get what they deserve at the June Star Wars Event (B). Akbar gets on the apron and starts yelling at Fritz about his corruption, calling him a curse on Texas wresting. (C+). Before the attack can get too personal, Fritz grabs Akbar, throws him over the ropes into the ring, and puts the iron claw on him (B). Suddenly, the Sheepherders, making their WCCW debut, run to the ring and attack Fritz. Even after Akbar is out of danger, he orders the Sheepherders to continue the assault – Frtiz is left unconscious in the ring (C)

-Chris Adams defeats Magic Dragon in 8:53 by pinfall (C) . The two had akward chemistry. After the match, Adams hyped his match at the Star Wars Event against Bundy – they've both defeated each other once, and it's time to find out who the better man is. (C)

-The Great Kabuki defeated Brian Adias in 4:47 by pinfall (C-). After the match, Manny Fernandez enters the ring and angrily stares Kabuki down. This is the first time Manny and Kabuki have been in the same ring since Kabuki put Fernandez out of action about 6 weeks ago. (C-). Manny reveals, to nobody's surprise, that it was he laid out Magic Dragon several weeks ago in the locker room (D+). Manny & Kabuki then come to blows, but nobody gains an advantage before referees and road agents break the fight up (C)

-WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship Match (TV Title not on the line).
-David Von Erich defeats WCCW Television Champion Jimmy Garvin in 13:55 by submission to make his 1st defense of his title. (B). Before the match, Jim Garvin cuts a promo hypes his skills, saying that after tonight, he'll wear the Texas Heavyweight Title, and Precious will carry his TV title, since that what valets are for. (C)

- Before the next match, David stays in the ring and is joined by Kerry and Kevin. The three talk about Kevin & Kerry tag match tonight against Gordy & Roberts, and note that the Freebirds still haven't responded to their challenge about a six-man tag title match at the June Star Wars. (B-)

-Kevin & Kerry Von Erich drew with Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy in 17:52 after the referee lost control and both teams were disqualified. (B). After the match, Roberts & Gordy were joined in the ring by Michael Hayes, who finally accept the Von Erichs challenge for June Star Wars. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-We break the B- overall show rating for a second time (the previous time was the last TV taping in may). That show involved a similar main event – Kevin/Mike v. Gordy/Roberts. Popularity in Texas is 70.2%.

-This was our second to last event before the end-of-month June Star Wars show. We run a TV taping tomorrow night that won't air until after the Star Wars Show. We're going to run as inexpensive a show as possible for that taping, since the money situation looks a little soft at the end of the month. After running a profit of $250k the last to months, it looks like we'll just about break even this month with the additional production and worker expenses, and the increase of shows in the less profitable midwest. Breaking even at this point in the game isn't a problem – we're still $700k+ over Fritz' year-long bottom-line mandate (which has 9 months to go). I'd rather put the money into the business.

-The Fritz/Akbar angle is now officially our hottest angle of all time. It has 30 total segments, and we've gone through 17. After that (or before it's over), I can “evolve” the storyline into something different, with new characters, keeping the overness, as long as at least 2 characters stay with the new angle (which shouldn't be a problem, this angle features Fritz, Akbar, Waldo, The Sheepherders, and soon, Adrian Adonis). The angle was pre-programmed in the DOTT mod, and it's based on Paul Ellering's Legion of Doom Stable terrorizing Ole Anderson in Georgia Championship wrestling in 1983.

-Brian Adias is moved up to the main show after delivering a couple of C- matches on the pre-show, and he delivers the same C- with The Great Kabuki. Again, a C- Adias match is great for us since the guy only costs us $100/show. I might put him in a midcard angle of some type before long.

-Manny Fernandez' segment didn't go over too well – though he's one of my few guys that is actually more popular in the midwest than Texas. In my other ongoing midcard angle, Adams delivers a C for both his match and promo. The Bundy/Adams and Manny/Kabuki storylines now are tied in overall overness. But I think Manny/Kabuki will be the much better match at June Star Wars.

-Another excellent match between David & Garvin, rating a B. They've now wrestled in 7 singles matches with each other, and 6 of them were at least B-. David has won 6 of those 7 matches, but the 7th was David's only singles match defeat during my tenure. David's overall record is now 19-2-0, which includes one tag team loss.

-The main event tag match also delivers a solid B. There's a nearly infinite number of various combinations of Von Erich v. Freebirds matches, but this match-up of Kerry/Kevin v. Gordy/Roberts tied for the highest rated tag match involving these groups, and was the highest since the Six-Man Tag on my first show almost 3 months ago.

NEWS

-I'm betting that Michael Hayes will be unavailable for the June Star Wars show (since it's the night off a WWF end of month show, and he was used the previous two end of month shows), so I'm going to remove him from the advertising of the show, and replace him with Butch Miller of the Sheepherders. That will take some heat off of the match, and slows down my Freebirds v. Von Erichs angle. Butch is the obvious replacement since he's the best heel wrestler I have that isn't already booked that night, and Akbar's Destruction Inc. and the Freebirds have helped each other out before. I don't want to debut Adonis yet because he has a “surprise debut” scheduled later on in my Fritz/Akbar angle. Jimmy Garvin was considered, but he's already wrestling, and doesn't really have the stamina to go twice in one night, unlike David, who will be doing double-duty. It also will give the Sheepherders, who could be huge for WCCW, some early main event exposure.

-That is, if the six-man tag runs in the main event. I'll have to decide that day of show – either David v. Super Destroyer or the 6-man tag will get the main event slot. If Hayes is surprisingly available, that makes the decision easier. But Super Destroyer has already wrestled B- matches with Kevin and Jake Roberts – a B with David isn't out of the question. As I stated earlier, the main event rating is the #1 factor in overall show rating, so it's an important decision.

Last edited by molson : 05-12-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #107
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (TV Taping)
Tuesday, Week 4, June 1983
Dallas, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Mid-Atlantic must have changed around their schedule, as Gary Hart, The Great Kabuki, and Magic Dragon are all booked elsewhere. Fortunately, I haven't advertised any of them for tonight.

-And once again, this is my monthly tv taping that won't air until my monthly big event. That limits a little of what I can do, so the show will be match-heavy

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeated Checkmate in 5:42 by pinfall (C). Before the match, Adias gave an interview with Harry Frehley (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantel defeated Black Gordman in 6:28 by pinfall (C). Before the match, Mantel cut a brief promo (D-).

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Jimmy Garvin defeats Jose Lothario in 7:42 pinfall to make his 1st defense of the TV title. (C-)

-Skandor Akbar comes out to the ring with his new clients, the Sheepherders, who debuted at last night's show (C). He hypes them us as meanest, toughest, most brutal tag team in the entire world. (C). Akbar says his new Destruction, Inc. stable is now almost complete, and offers an open contract for anyone to face any his clients at any time (B-)

-A lengthy video recaps the Von Erich v. Freebirds feud to this point: The Gordy pile-driver to Kerry, Gordy's capture of the American Heavyweight Title from Kevin, Kerry's dramatic return, and highlights of all their matches (including, presumably, the one that will happen at Star Wars before this airs) (B-)

-WCCW American Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeat The Villanos in 9:04 when Mike made Villano V submit. The Von Erichs make their 6th defense of the tag team titles. The performance of Kevin stood out. (C-). The match featured interference from the Sheepherders, who both attacked the Von Erichs when either of them were outside the ring. The interference allowed the Villanos to make the match competitive, and they nearly pulled the upset. After the match, the Von Erichs and Sheepherders brawled all over the ringside area. (C-)

-Texas Heavyweight Champion David Von Erich defeated Super Keno in 7:42 by submission in a non-title match (B-). The two showed good chemistry. David looked strong.

-WCCW American Heavyweight Championship Match
Terry Gordy defeats Chris Adams in 11:44 by pinfall to make his 4th defense of his title. (B)

Overal Rating: (C).

Thoughts:

-The mediocre rating doesn't tell the whole story here. Part of the "C" is due to the fact that I had advertised a match that didn't happen - David Von Erich v. Adrian Adonis - that pissed some fans off. Adonis' part in the Fritz/Akbar storyline didn't happen yet, so I didn't want to debut Adonis. Largely because of that, my Texas popularity dips below 70.0%, to 69.9%. My midwest popularity increases from 46.5% to 46.9%.

-The rating aside, there was some very good things on this show. Starting with that awesome, random pairing main event - Gordy v. Chris Adams, which scores a "B". It was by far Adams' best match (he's never even had a B-). It was also, amazingly, Terry Gordy's best single's match during my tenure. There's a few factors at play I think - my TV show match ratings could be improving because of the higher production values I've invested in. Gordy's momentum is also currently the highest in the company - he's been booked to look very, very, strong.

-Almost as surprising was the David v. Super Kendo match, which delivered a surprising B-. Before this, Kendo's highest match rating for WCCW has been a C-. Obviously, most of the credit here goes to David, but Super Kendo has earned his job as one of WCCW's most prominent jobbers.

-The Sheepherders have had a decent enough debut in WCCW, with consistent C segments. I don't know if they're a great matchup with the Von Erichs because of their different styles - Sheepherders are considered "Brawlers", who tend to do best against other Brawlers. My other brawlers are Gordy, Manny, Bundy, Kabuki, Parsons, Dusek, Frtiz, Gordman and Waldo.

-This was Lothario's last match with us, as his contract expires tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if either Southwest Championship Wrestling or Houston Championship wrestling picks him up. He had a record of 14-6 with us during my tenure (mostly against the bottom of the roster), with a 1-week TV Title reign. His overall resume with WCCW over the years (which is a nice game feature) included 6 tag team championships, 2 TV championships, and 4 Texas Heavyweight Championships.

-Brian Adias continues to show improvement - his "C" rated match with Checkmate on the pre-show was his highest rated match since I took over. Ken Mantel's "C" match on the pre-show tied for his best match ever (he's had 4 other "C" rated matches). Neither guy can talk well yet though - that's why they're getting so much interview time on my pre-shows, so they can possibly develop skills in a way that doesn't effect my overall show rating.

NEWS

-Mid-Atlantic didn't change their schedule as I feared, they simply ran their big monthly show the day of my taping, and used Hart, Kabuki, and Dragon. So our Monday/Tuesday show schedule will continue for now, but I have to take a closer look at the beginning of the month where our potential conflicts are.

-Black Gordman tells me he's exhausted (I've used him on 4 straight shows, and he's 46 years old). He's also going into the last month of his contract with us. I'll have negotiations with him, but unless he's willing to take a paycut from his current $1,000/show deal, we'll let him go. He's a veteran who's likely been a help to guys like Adias, but that's just too much money to pay him. The highlight of his run (if not career) will be his shocking (and accidental) victory over Kerry Von Erich. I'll give him a couple of wins at the beginning of the month to slightly build up his momentum, then job him out.

-Abdullah the Butcher has left WWC in Puerto Rico, making New Japan the only place he's wrestling. He's the other guy, along with Dick Murdock, that I'll make an immediate offer for once I reach Cult level. He's very popular in Texas, and can see him being huge in World Class (but he's only willing to sign relatively short-term deals - a couple of months at a time with each territory). One of the things that makes him especially valuable is that he has a listed relationship of hating Vince McMahon, so he'll probably never leave anyone for the WWF.

Last edited by molson : 05-12-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #108
molson
General Manager

WCCW June Star Wars
Saturday, Week 4, June 1983

-As I expected, Michael Hayes was booked for the WWF tonight, and is unavailable.

-This event has a current historical significance of "Above Average", which puts it in the middle of the pack of our monthly events. It will be a 2-hour event, not including the pre-show

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias & Barry Orton defeated The Villanos in 5:41 when Adias pinned Villano IV. (D). Villano V seemed off his game.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ken Mantel & Frank Dusek drew to a 10:00 time limit draw. (C)

-Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy come out to the ring, and announce that Michael Hayes in unable to be at the arena tonight, since he's resting up in a hospital after saving several dozen children from a burning orphanage. They "apologize" to the fans about having to cancel their 6-man tag title match tonight against the Von Erichs (B-).

-Jim Garvin defeated Scott Casey in 8:40 by pinfall following interference from Precious. Garvin & Casey showed bad chemistry. (C) After the match, an angry Casey grabbed the mic and demanded a rematch against Garvin. (C)

-WCCW Commissioner Whipper Billy Watson came out to the ring and stated that while it's true Michael Hayes is not there, there will still be a six man tag team championship match tonight. The Freebirds must either use a replacement wrestler for Hayes, or take on the Von Erichs 3-2. (C).

-The Great Kabuki & Gary Hart then enter the ring and demand that Kabuki's match with Manny tonight be in a steel cage. Hart has arranged the cage to be here tonight, ready to setup, claiming that he's asking last minute so Manny can't back out. (C+) Watson says the match can take place in a cage only if Manny agrees. Fernandez comes out and accepts the challenge. (C) A giant video screen near the entranceway shows the highlights of the Manny/Kabuki feud to this point - Manny's house show debut victory over Kabuki, Manny's TV debut that led to a beatdown from Kabuki & Magic Dragon - putting him out of action for several weeks, Iceman Parsons sticking up for Manny - and then getting beaten up in the parking lot, Manny's return to the ring, the "mystery" attack on Magic Dragon, and Kabuki's subsequent paranoid behavior (C-)

-Chris Adams defeated King Kong Bundy in 6:37 by pinfall (C+). Before the match, Hart hyped his client (C). After the match, Adams celebrates with the fans, having decisively won his feud with Bundy. (D+)

-Bill Mercer interviews Manny Fernandez about tonight's cage match (C-). He then interviews The Great Kabuki & Gary Hart (C-)

-WCCW 6-man Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin, Kerry, & David Von Erich defeat Buddy Roberts, Terry Gordy, & the replacement partner for Hayes, Butch Miller of the Sheepherders in 12:40 when David caused Roberts to submit, apparently winning the 6-man tag team championships. (B-). Before the celebration can start however, Skandor Akbar comes out with Billy Watson. Akbar says that during the match, he referred Watson to a rule in the WCCW bylaws - Watson didn't have the authority to make this a championship match with Hayes not present. Watson concedes that this is correct.

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to the ring an references the "open challenge" made by Akbar last night at the TV taping. He said he's ready to take on Waldo tonight, and then he'll take on the rest of the Destruction Inc. crew, 1 at a time. (B). Akbar came out with his client, Waldo Von Erich, and hyped the upcoming match (B).

-The announcers briefly address the crowd, mention upcoming events, and hype up the upcoming Waldo/Fritz match as being historic (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich defeated Waldo Von Erich in 4:40 by pinfall by grabbing the ropes for leverage. The two showed good chemistry, Waldo looked off his game (C+). Before the match, Fritz cut a brief promo hyping his chances (B)

-Steel Cage Match
Manny Fernandez defeated The Great Kabuki in 17:47 by submission. (B) Before the match, as the cage was being constructed, a video highlights the dangerous nature of this type of match, showing clips of WCCW cage matches of the past (C). Also before the match, both Kabuki (C), and Manny Fernandez (C) cut very brief promos before entering the cage, both promising victory. After the match, Iceman Parsons comes out, making his first apperance since the Parking Lot beating 5 weeks ago. Manny and Persons celebrate in the ring (C).

-WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats The Super Destroyer in 14:04 by pinfall to make his 2nd defense of his title. (B+). Before the match, Akbar hyped his client - and promised that the crown jewel of Texas Wrestling will be in Destruction Inc's stable shortly (C+). After the match, all 4 Von Erich brothers celebrate in the ring (C+)

Overall Rating: B

THOUGHTS

-WCCW reaches a new milestone - it's first "B" rated show. We've had 26 shows to this point, and only reached B- twice, so this is huge. And it comes as a surprise, I didn't think it was going so well when I was booking it. Texas popularity keeps steady at 69.9%. If it takes a "B" rating to stay at 70%, we've got a little further to slip in Texas, I think.

-Obviously, the main event was the most important factor - David and the Super Destroyer validate my decision to run their match as the main event, rating an excellent B+. 9 of the last 11 matches David has been involved in has reached B- or above. This appears to be the 3rd match in my tenure to reach B+. That's the end of the current loan agreement with the Destroyer - there may be more in the future.

-My road agent says Akbar's character needs "freshening up". I'll look into tweaking it, but I'd say a guy named "Skandor Akbar" only has so many options.

-The Manny/Kabuki angle was hyped throughout the show simply because I wanted to get through all the angle segments and complete the feud tonight. It may have helped give heat to the angle - the segments themselves were all pretty mediocre, but the cage match delivered a solid B, and took up almost 18 minutes. This was Kabuki's 13th match for me, and highest rated - before this, he only had one other match reach even B-. In Manny's 7th match for me, it is also his highest rated yet.

-The Fritz/Akbar angle also got a lot of time, and the segments were once again highly rated. The match (which at 5 minutes, took up much less time than the related interviews and promos) got a C+ even though Waldo was apparently "off his game".

-I didn't intend to have a "Dusty Finish" in the 6-man tag. I set the titles to change, the game gave he warning asking me if I was sure I wanted to do that without Hayes being involved. I either accidental said "no", or I discovered a bug, since the titles didn't change hands. So the Freebirds are still the champs - for now. .

-The Adams/Bundy angle mercifully comes to a close, with a pretty good C+ match. It may be time for an Adams heel turn.

-The Garvin/Casey feud is just getting started, but unfortunately, it's obvious the first time they wrestle that they don't have good chemistry. We'll go ahead with the angle, but it will stay at the bottom of the card. If Garvin can make this interesting, my opinion of him will go even higher.

Last edited by molson : 05-13-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #109
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV Show, airing Sunday, gets a 0.58, which is quite a drop from the 0.69 I got the week before. In fact, that's our lowest rating in about 2 months. I'm guessing this is due to the "C" overall rating for that show.

-A number of guys ended their storylines at the Star Wars show: Bundy, Adams, Manny, Iceman, Kabuki, Dragon, Hart, and Mike Von Erich (who was involved in the early stages of the Bundy/Adams feud). So with the beginning of the new month upon us, I need new plans for all these guys.

-Michael Hayes has received an offer from Houston Championship Wrestling. I don't think Hayes would consider them a priority over us, since we have a higher prestige rating, but working for a 3rd company could just stretch him even further.

-Black Gordman indeed wants a raise to re-sign, so he'll be gone from WCCW in about 3 weeks.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #110
molson
General Manager

WCCW MONTH IN REVIEW: JUNE, 1983

POPULARITY

-Popularity in Texas 69.9% (Down from 71.0% last month)
-Popularity in Midwest 46.9% (Up from 44.2% last month)
-Popularity goal to get to or maintain Cult Status (53%) After gaining 2% in popularity in the midwest last month, my increase this month accelerated to 2.7%, leaving me 6.1% away from cult status. I should be able to do that in less than 3 months. Popularity in Texas is continuing to decline, and it's starting to effect my bottom line. Hopefully we stabilize there soon.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 351,064 (552,775)
Sponsors: 15,194 (15,280)
Merchandise: 4,920 (4,380)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 166,150 (168,475)
Show Costs: 86,500 (101,500)
Marketing: 500 (500)
Merchandise: 4,240 (4,448)
Production: 35,800 (800)
Misc: 1,000 (1,000)

Total Profit: $76,988 (295,712)
Cash in Bank: $1,003,975 (926,987)

-This is pretty much right where I want to be financially - turning a modest profit, investing in the product, and not simply hoarding money in the bank. My ticket sales took a pretty huge hit this month - that can largely be explained by running more shows in the midwest, my decreasing Texas popularity, and the fact that last month we ran our biggest show, the Parade of Champions, which bloated numbers a bit.
-I'm not going to make any changes this month to production values, merchandise, etc, we'll pretty much coast with this financial model into cult status and then re-address our situation.
-I'm pretty surprised our worker costs actually went down after all of the expensive new talent we brought in. My theory there is that I've been running longer matches, and thus fewer matches per show, which means less workers have been needed. Terry Gordy is the ultimate bargain when he can go 25 minutes at $1,000.

ROSTER

-After the major roster shake-ups last month, we're going to keep everything pretty much intact for a while. The roster is starting to gel, and we're putting on good shows. This is largely the group we'll take to cult status, with the occasional tweak here or there.

-Black Gordman indeed wanted a raise, so he'll be gone from WCCW in 3 weeks.

-Kevin Von Erich's contract is up in 3 weeks, so I request negotiations with him. We'll of course have to pay him pretty much anything he wants, which will certainly be a raise over his current bargain rate of $1,000/show.

-Speaking of bargains soon to be ending, Terry Gordy's $1,000/show deal ends in 60 days. He's also expressed his intentions to be a "freelance" employee, which means he'll only be interested in short-term deals, and he'll be much more likely to leave territories for greener pastures. I request negotiations with him as well. Even though it may be more financially responsible to get as much use out him at $1,000/show as I can, I need to know whether he'll be here past those 60 days if I'm going to continue his monster push.

MAIN EVENTERS

Kerry Von Erich
Terry Gordy
David Von Erich
Adrian Adonis
Michael Hayes
Manny Fernandez

-This is the same group as last month, with the addition of Adrian Adonis, who hasn't debuted yet. David and Terry have been awesome, and Manny delivered big time in the Star Wars Cage Match, and could be headed for a feud with Adonis. Hayes has been involved in some very good singles matches (though he can't go more than 8 or 9 minutes). I think I've underused Kerry to this point - he was out 5 or 6 weeks with an "injury", and he's only been in 7 singles matches total in 3 months.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Buddy Jack Roberts
Butch Miller
Luke Williams
Jim Garvin
Kevin Von Erich

-The new addition here are the Sheepherders, who haven't been used much yet. Butch Miller is clearly the superior of the two - he has 9 categories rated B- or above, whereas Luke Williams only has 5. They may be a little too hardcore for WCCW, and I don't have a whole lot of babyface brawlers to take them on. It's very much an open question how useful they turn out.

MIDCARDERS

Iceman Parsons
Scott Casey
King Kong Bundy
Chris Adams
The Great Kabuki
Ken Mantel

-Some shakeups in this group. Iceman and Kabuki get demoted from the Upper Midcard. Kabuki isn't too happy about it, but he hasn't been too impressive outstide of the cage match with Manny, and his commitments with Mid-Atlantic have tired him out some. Iceman's been hyped as a "star in the making" by the dirt sheets, but I just don't see it in his stats or performances yet. Chris Adams and King Kong Bundy are both still here after their uninspiring feud. Ken Mantel is still here only because of his written contract

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Frank Dusek
Brian Adias
Magic Dragon
Mike Von Erich

-Brian Adias gets promoted to join the other 3. He's shown some good improvement in the last few months. He's delivered C- or better in 4 of his last 5 matches, when he didn't reach that level once for his first 14 matches of my tenure. Mike is getting a lot of exposure and momentum as 1/2 of the tag team champions. He's show modest improvement in 14 categories since the game began. Both Mike and Adias are on the brink of the midcard.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Villano V
Villano IV

-Super Kendo gets a slight promotion up from Enhancement Level talent, largely based to his shockingly good match with David Von Erich, and solid performances against the rest of the roster. He still hasn't won a match (0-6), but giving me some bargain performances at $150/show. The Villanos haven't won a match either. I think I'll start a lower-card storyline about these guys forming a stable with the goal of winning a match.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Barry Orton
Johnny Mantel

-Orton gets demoted a notch because he's clearly below the Super Kendos and Brian Adias of our roster at this point

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Fritz Von Erich
Checkmate

-Fritz Von Erich isn't happy about being back in the ring, but his matches have been OK (if short). Checkmate will spend the rest of his WCCW career putting young guys over. With his solid wrestling ability and cheap price-tag, it's the perfect role for him

MANAGERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Precious
Sunshine

-Akbar has clearly surpassed Hart as the #1 manager in WCCW. Losing The Spoiler was a blow to Hart - but he still has Kabuki, and the Kabuki/Hart pairing seems to have the best chemistry of all manager/clients in the game. Sunshine is technically David's valet, but the audience won't hear much from her or Precious anymore.

ANNOUNCERS/COLOR COMMENTATORS

Marc Lowrance
Bill Mercer
Harry Frehley

-Frehley has joined Mercer & Lowrance has part of a 3-man booth, but I'm wondering if there's another role I should be using him in. He has the talent to be a great announcer or manager, but he just doesn't have the popularity yet.

REFEREE

David Manning

-He's one of the "big 4" officials in the U.S. with an A+ referee rating, along with Mid-Atlantic's Tommy Young, CWA's Jerry Calhoon, and the WWF's Dick Kroll

AUTHORITY FIGURE

Whipper Billy Watson

-We originally signed Watson to be a road agent, but that role doesn't allow hiim to be on TV, and we need a guy to come out and make decisions and whatnot. He's still considered a locker room leader, so he's been a factor in helping our roster say out of trouble.

ROAD AGENT

Bronco Lubich

-We're still working with only 1 Road Agent, albeit one who has Billy Watson and David and Fritz Von Erich as "Locker Room Leaders". And nobody's missed any shows yet, so we'll continue with this setup.

PERSONALITY

Waldo Von Erich

-He'll be the enforcer of Destruction, Inc., and will only wrestle Fritz and nobody else, so we'll keep him in the "Personality" Role.

Last edited by molson : 05-13-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #111
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS

-Texas Heavyweight Champion - 88.7% Prestige
David Von Erich - 2 title defenses, 1 month reign

-American Heavyweight Champion - 70.0% Prestige
Terry Gordy - 4 title defenses, 1 month reign

-Television Champion - 57.1% Prestige
Jimmy Garvin - 1 title defense, 2 week reign

-American Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige
Kevin & Mike Von Erich - 6 title defenses, 10 week reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 71.9% Prestige
Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes, & Buddy Roberts - 0 title defenses, 3 week reign.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #112
molson
General Manager

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-After a couple of misteps last month, I'm going to try to get more organized with who has conflicts when. So here are the guys who have other employers that they consider a priority over me, and when those companies have events in July:

Buddy Jack Roberts: AWA (Wed, Thu, 4th Sunday)
Gary Hart: Mid-Atlantic (Wed, Fri, 1st Sunday)
Magic Dragon: Mid-Atlantic (Wed, Fri, 1st Sunday)
Michael Hayes: WWF (Sun, Thu, 4th Mon)
The Great Kabuki: Mid-Atlantic (Wed, Fri, 1st Sunday)

So, under my current schedule, the only conflict we'll have all month is Michael Hayes at our Monday show week 4 of July. We'll keep the schedule in place, even though Roberts & Kabuki in particular will continue to be worn down.

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Barry Orton feels he's underpushed
-Johnny Mantel feels he's underpushed
-Ken Mantel would rather be used as an "Occasional Wrestler"
-Scott Casey feels he's underpushed
-Fritz Von Erich doesn't like his push as "Occasional Wrestler"
-Iceman Parsons didn't like being out so long with an "injury"
-The Great Kabuki is unhappy with his push
-Villano V feels he's underpushed

Last edited by molson : 05-13-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #113
Swaggs
Coordinator

molson, can you change the names of the talent?

For example, could you turn Harry Frehley into Harold Von Errich and enter him into a storyline where he is another of one of Fritz's sons or find a talented female and make her into Fritz's daughter?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #114
molson
General Manager

Quote:
molson, can you change the names of the talent?

For example, could you turn Harry Frehley into Harold Von Errich and enter him into a storyline where he is another of one of Fritz's sons or find a talented female and make her into Fritz's daughter?

Yes, I could definitely change his name and make him a fake Von Erich son, and that isn't a bad idea at all. (Of course, Fritz tried this in real life with "Lance Von Erich", which didn't go over well) He could be the runt of the Von Erichs that's too small to wrestle so he becomes a heel announcer (or something). If I can build up his popularity just a little bit, that might be a good role for him. Or if I wanted to be really tasteless, perhaps Akbar reveals him as the 6th Von Erich brother that everyone thought was electrocuted to death as a child in real life - but Akbar reveals he actually kidnapped him and faked his death to raise him as his own.

Off course, he won't have any connection with the Von Erichs off-screen (unless I cheated and used the editor), so he won't have the same loyalty to Fritz and WCCW that the others have.

Last edited by molson : 05-13-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #115
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, July 1983
Cedar Rapids, Iowa. 1,000. SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeated Checkmate in 5:52 by pinfall when he turned Checkmate's mask around, blinding him (D+). After the match, Bill Mercer conducted a brief interview with Mike (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Johnny Mantel defeated Super Kendo in 6:57 by pinfall. (E+) Mantel looked off his game, and the two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Bill Mercer conducted a brief interview with Mantel (E-)

-The Sheepherders defeated Brian Adias & Barry Orton in 8:14 when Luke pinned Orton. (D+) Adias was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Akbar puts over the destructive capabilities of his new team (D+)

-Akbar then turns his attention to Fritz, calling him a dirty cheater who could only beat Waldo at June Star Wars with the help of the ropes. He announces that a rematch has been arranged for tomorrow's TV taping (C-) Fritz comes out, and tells Akbar that if he has to beat Waldo twice to shut him up, he'll do it (C).

-Kerry Von Erich defeated King Kong Bundy in 6:02 by pinfall (D+) The two showed poor chemistry.

-After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Gary Hart. Hart concedes that his stable has been slumping lately: Both Bundy & Kabuki lost at June Star Wars, Bundy loses again tonight, Kabuki & Dragon have failed to win the tag team titles. Hart says he also knows that everyone wants to talk about Akbar's Destruction, Inc. Stable as the hottest thing in wrestling. Finally, Hart states that he's on the lookout for new talent. (C-)

-Scott Casey defeated TV Champion Jim Garvin in 8:33 by pinfall (C-). Casey seemed off his game, the two have poor chemistry. After the match, Casey celebrated his win against the TV champ (D).

-WCCW American Heavyweight Championship Match
Terry Gordy defeated Ken Mantel in 6:39 by pinfall to make his 5th defense of his title. (C+) Before the match, Terry Gordy hyped his match, saying that unlike David Von Erich, he's willing to put the title on the line against anyone, anywhere, at anytime. He considers himself the "WCCW Champion". (D+)

-Iceman Parsons & Chris Adams defeated The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon in 12:31 when Adams pinned Kabuki (D+). Iceman & Parsons showed good chemistry as a team, but Iceman was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Iceman & Adams put over their new team (D)

-Whipper Billy Watson comes out and announces that by virtue of his victory over Garvin tonight, Scott Casey is now the #1 Contender to Garvin's Television Championship (C-). Watson also announced that he's adding a stipulation to tomorrow's Fritz v. Waldo rematch - the match will now take place under Hardcore rules. (C)

-David Von Erich defeated Buddy Jack Roberts in 11:47 by pinfall. (B-). The announcing wasn't up to the same quality as the match. After the match, David gave a brief promo putting over the Texas Heavyweight Championship as WCCW's true #1 title. (C+)

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS

-That show was looking ugly for a while, but David & Roberts delivered a solid main event to give us a respectable rating. Midwest popularity increases from 46.9% to 47.3%.

-David has now been involved in 5 consecutive matches rated at least B-, and that isn't against all main eventers. Buddy Roberts is a solid veteran who I've been able to count on in a variety of situations.

-A pretty awful debut by the Sheepherders. It true they were just squashing Adias & Orton, but Adias has been pretty good lately. The bigger issue is that they're largely unknown in the midwest at this point. They have E+ popularity in the midwest, and C in Texas. They'll still get their tag team push through the ranks for now, but I'm not convinced they can feud with the Von Erichs or Freebirds. Their best asset is their ability in "hardcore". If I ever run a Japanese death match, The Sheepherders vs. Gordy & Manny is the only way to do it. (Kabuki gets an honorable mention as my 5th best hardcore brawler).

-I can't believe Kerry and Bundy sucked so bad. Bundy's been in 14 matches for me, reaching B- once, with Manny Fernandez. He may be a little fatigued, as he also works for Mid-South. Whatever's going on, he's nothing but a big fat jobber right now.

-I was glad to see that Iceman & Adams actually have good chemistry together, even though their match also sucked. With Gary Hart's announcement that he's looking for new talent, these guys should watch their backs in this team.

-It took more than 3 months, but Johnny Mantel won his first singles match during my tenure. What an awful match. He's worthless (but cheap).

Last edited by molson : 05-16-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #116
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I request negotiations with Gory Guerrero and Jose Lothario, whose contract just ended. I had this idea for an angle where an old Mexican veteran tries to mentor The Villanos & Super Kendo, who just can't win a match. Then later in the angle, I'd run a show in Mexico, looking ahead to eventual expansion there, and these guys would be prominently featured. Lothario & Guerrero seemed to be the best two candidates for such a role. Gory would be the preferred guy for a short-term run, because he's huge in Mexico.

-I renew my monthly requests for buyout negotiations with the three weakest promotions in North America: WWA, ASW, and ICW, but am rejected again on all three counts. WWA is clearly in the worst shape of the three.

-Bundy indeed tells me he's tired, so I'll have to give him the TV taping tomorrow off. Lazy fat bastard.

-Fritz arrives late for the show. I'm going to look the other way.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #117
SnDvls
Pro Starter

molson - I really enjoy your fed and wanted to thank you it got me back into TEW and the current multi person dynasty DeTox and I are in. Thanks again and keep it up I'm enjoying it
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #118
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 1, July 1983

-I run the show in Texas because I'm running a couple of big angles, and I want the friendly Texas crowd behind them. I've also figured out that it makes sense to run your tv show in your most popular region, since the lesser region's popularity in your broadcast area is effected by the show anyway.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders defeat Barry Orton & Johnny Mantel in 4:03 when Miller pinned Mantel. (C) Miller looked particularly good. After the match, Akbar again hypes since team as the most brutal in the world. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark match
Ken Mantel drew with Checkmate in 10:00 when the time limit expired (C-).

-Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias defeated The Villanos in 6:58 when Manny pinned Villano V. (C-). Manny looked good, Adias was visibly tired towards the end of the match. Manny celebrated his victory with Adias (C). During the match, the announcers put over the fact that Adias has taken on Manny as a mentor. After the match, Manny grabbed a mic and put over Adias, saying he's impressed him the last few weeks, and he thinks he's ready to take the next step in his WCCW career - he just needs the right guidance. (C).

-Whipper Billy Watson comes to the ring and apologies to the fans for the mix- up involving in the 6-man tag titles at June Star Wars. He says that the Freebirds were correct in that he didn't have the authority to force them to defend the titles with Hayes absent. However, he DOES have the authority to strip the Freebirds of the titles due to Hayes' no-showing the title defense. For the 2nd time in 2 months, the six-man titles are vacant (C+). The Freebirds storm to the ring, obviously pissed off, arguing with Watson. Hayes calls him an idiot. (C+) Watson says they'll have a chance to get the titles back, as the Freebirds will be a part of a 4-team tournament to determine the new champions. The first match of that tournament will be tonight: The Freebirds v. Chris Adams, Iceman Parsons, & Mike Von Erich. (C)

-The Freebirds depart, but before Watson can leave, Garvin enters the ring with a complaint of his own. He argues with Watson about naming Scott Casey the #1 contender to Garvin's title. Garvin says he's already defeated Casey at June Star Wars, and Casey hasn't accomplished anything since he's been back in WCCW. Watson says Casey earned the match by defeating Garvin last night, and the title match will happen tonight. (C+)

Jim Garvin and Scott Casey wrestled to a 10:00 time limit draw. Garvin makes his 2nd defense of the TV title. (C-) Before the match, Mercer interviewed Casey, who said it would be an honor to wear WCCW gold. (C+) Also before the match, Garvin loudly taunted Casey as a joke who hasn't accomplished anything (B-).

-WCCW 6-man Title Tournament Match
The Freebirds defeated Iceman Parsons, Chris Adams & Mike Von Erich in 7:31 when Gordy pinned Mike after Roberts struck him with a chair, behind the referees back, to advance to the finals of the 6-man title tournament (C+).

-Hardcore Rules Match
Fritz Von Erich defeated Waldo Von Erich in 5:24 by pinfall. (D+) Frtiz and Waldo showed good chemistry. After the match, Akbar immediately ordered his stable - The Sheepherders and Waldo Von Erich, to attack Fritz (C). After Fritz was layed out, he was stretchered out of the arena, while Destruction Inc. taunted him. Before Fritz can be stretched all the way out of the arena, he's attacked by a debuting Adrian Adonis, pummeling him off of the stretcher and on to the arena floor (C+).

Overal Show Rating: C-

THOUGHTS

-We got a lot accomplished in this show storyline-wise, but without the star power of the Von Erichs, the rating wasn't there. Popularity in Texas takes a pretty steep drop from 69.9% to to 69.4%. Midwest popularity increases from 47.3% to 47.7%.

-Adias gets his first big shot in an angle, as Manny Fernandez' protege. Pro wrestling's history of mentor/protege relationships is a little iffy, so Manny should watch his back. I'd be happy with C-segments in this angle. Manny will still get the chance to shine every now and then with a higher profile 1 on 1 match as well.

-The D+ main event really killed us - I guess I forgot for a moment that this wasn't 1998 WWF - I can't run the novelty match last. Lesson learned. It's a good sign that the best-rated segment of the angle was Adonis' debut. This angle's just about over, and the rest of our stars are tied up, so Adonis and the Sheepherders will be simply building up their momentum by beating up guys left and right before something frees up.

-The 6-man tournament may have a predictable finals match up, but I wanted to work some other teams in the mix. For the sake of kayfabe, it can't simply be Von Erichs v. Freebirds without them proving themselves against other teams.

Last edited by molson : 05-14-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #119
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV show gets a .57 rating. That's a further dip of .01 from last show. Not time to panic yet, but we'll have to use some star power next week.

-Buddy Jack Roberts is exhausted. This will be an ongoing problem with his AWA commitments.

-Maple Leaf Wrestling humorously went after Hulk Hogan, but he declined. So they went after Michael Hayes. Hayes though, accepted the offer previously made by Houston Championship Wrestling - so he's now wrestling for us, them, and the WWF. HCW will only have access to him on the Mondays I don't book him, as Hayes considers us a priority over them.

-Moondog Spot, Scott Armstrong, and Ricky Mortion are being hyped as a "future stars". I'm keeping track of this kind of stuff in case the game is offering hints about future development.

-Manny Fernandez, who is still the Central States Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, just made some type of public proclamation that he's carrying that company on his back, and now everyone there is pissed off at him.

-Lothario rejects my negotiations to be a Mexican Mentor, citing the fact that he just left. (I though the fact that I let his contract run out rather than fire him might make a difference).

-On the other hand, I do sign the guy I really wanted instead, Gory Guerrero. Gory is 62 and retired from the ring, but he's one of the most popular figures in Mexico, and pretty well known in Texas as well. With an "A" respect rating, he's one of the more respected names in the wrestling universe, which would make him a great road agent. He's a locker room leader as well. I'll probably start him out as some type of mentor to my Mexican jobbers, but then he might be eased into a co-commissioner role with Watson (with Gory as commissioner in TX, where he's more popular, with Watson running things in the midwest, where Gory is relatively unknown.). If Gory sticks around, he may help us bring in some of the younger Guerreros at some point.

-I also resign Kevin Von Erich for 9 more months at a modest raise from $1,000/month to $1,325/month. He also gets a monthly downside guarantee of $675.

Last edited by molson : 05-14-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #120
WVUFAN
College Starter

Molson, I've been reading along in this dynasty, and it's fantastic. Keep it up!

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #121
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, July 1983
Kansas City, MO. 1,000. SOLD OUT

-Pre-show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Black Gordman in 7:40 by submission (D). Mike was tiring towards the end of match. After the match, Mike cuts a promo saying he's made it a goal to win his first singles title before the year's over, and also hold on to the tag titles with Mike for the rest of 1983. (D-)

-Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias defeated Checkmate and Frank Dusek (D+). Fernandez looked good, Checkmate and Dusek showed good chemistry as a team. After the match, Manny gave a promo with Adias by his side, again hyping Adias' potential. (C+). Before the match, Checkmate & Frank Dusek gave an interview with Bill Mercer, telling him that they've decided to form a tag team because they both have something to prove (they were both fired by Akbar's Destruction, Inc. stable). (E+)

-Chris Adams & Iceman Parsons defeated The Villanos in 6:46 when Chris Adams Villano IV by pinfall. (D+). A debuting Gory Guerrero was at ringside in support of the Villanos. After the match, Gory Guerrero grabbed a mic and stated that he's known all 5 Villano brothers for years, and that he's downright embarrassed by their winless record thus far in WCCW. He says he's come to WCCW to prove the superiority of Mexican wrestlers and the Luchadore style, and he'll start by taking the Villanos straight to the top. (E+)

-Jimmy Garvin comes to the ring to hype his upcoming match with Super Kendo. His attention, however, quickly turns to Scott Casey. He mocks Casey's inability to take advantage of his shot at the TV title last week - he says it was Casey's first and last shot (C). Whipper Billy Watson comes out and states that Garvin was clearly "wrestling not to lose" last week, and stalled until the 10 minute time limit was reached. As a result, Watson will give Casey another shot at the TV Title if he can beat Garvin tonight. (D+).

-Jimmy Garvin drew with Scott Casey in 7:54 by Double Countout. (C-). Casey appeared to have the match won when Garvin was incapacitated outside the ring, but Precious interfered with Casey, preventing him from getting back in the ring and breaking the 10-count. After the match, Whipper Billy Watson came back out, and told Garvin that he's tired of his shenanigans, and that Casey will remain the #1 contender until Garvin defeats him. He books a rematch for tomorrow night's TV taping, for the title. (C-)

-The Sheepherders defeat The Mantel Brothers in 5:48 when Miller pinned Johnny Mantel. (D+) Johnny Mantel seemed off his game. After the match, The Sheepherders continued their attack of the Mantels for several minutes (E+).

-Kevin Von Erich defeated Michael Hayes in 10:52 by submission, after Buddy Roberts' interference backfired. Kevin looked off his game. (C+) Before the match, Kevin gave a promo. He points out that even though Terry Gordy likes to consider himself a fighting champion, Kevin's only gotten one title shot since he lost the belt, and that match ended in a draw. Kevin says he realizes he's been focusing on his championship tag team with Mike, but says that he'll go through the Freebirds or anyone else 1-on-1 to get another title shot. (C). After the match, Kevin grabbed a mic, and challenged Gordy to put his title on the line against him. He said he and Mike would defend the tag titles against any combination of the Freebirds in exchange for a shot at Gordy (C).

-David Von Erich defeated Buddy Jack Roberts in 14:25 by submission in a rematch from last week's WCCW on tour show. (B-) Before the match, David Von Erich gave a promo, announcing that he'll put the Texas Heavyweight Title on the line at the July Star Wars show at the end of the month. He says the opponent has not been determined. (C+).

Thoughts

-We're another step closer to Cult Status, as midwest popularity increases from 47.7% to 48.3%.

-David main events against Buddy for the 2nd straight week, and once again, they send the fans home happy and we get a solid overall rating. I'm trying to show some restraint with David, and I'm keeping him away from Gordy and Hayes for now (but beating everyone else on the roster). At some point, he'll probably make a run at trying to collect another singles title.

-Kevin starts his push towards a Gordy rematch by beating Hayes in their first 1 on 1 match. I'm trying to keep some semblance of organization in the Freebird/Von Erich feud, and not simply throw out random combinations of matchups every week. Fortunately, the DOTT preset Freebird/Von Erich angle lends some guidance.

-The Sheepherders continue to disappoint. Still, their momentum is pretty low because they haven't beaten anyone of consequence, so all hope is not lost.

-Garvin/Casey won't be delivering any 5-star matches, but it should help the TV title's prestige, and it will deliver respectable C-level segments.

-We kick off another storyline tonight, with Gory Guerrero coming to WCCW to give guidance to our Mexican jobbers. Gory's technically a heel, but this will be more a tweener stable, wrestling everyone and anyone, trying to get a win.

-So we're up to 6 current storylines, which are, in order of current overness:

1. Freebirds v. Von Erichs
Akbar's Destruction Inc. v. Fritz
3. Manny/Adias' mentor/protege relationship
4. Gory mentors Mexican jobbers
Garvin v. Casey (TV Title)
6. Gary Hart looking for new talent/Iceman & Parsons new team

Last edited by molson : 05-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #122
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Always glad to see an update, keep it up.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #123
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 2, July 1983
Houston, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Barry Orton defeats Black Gordman in 8:52 by pinfall (D+). Before the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Orton (E+)

-Mercer and Lowrance announce that as a result of last week's attack by Destruction Inc. on Fritz Von Erich, Fritz is out of action indefinitely with an injury (B+). After the announcement, Akbar comes out and gloats, and officially reveals the newest member of Destruction Inc, and the "man who ended Fritz Von Erich's Career" - Adrian Adonis, who comes out as well (C+). When the two leave, Mercer denounces last week's attack on Fritz. and then video of the attack is replayed to the TV audience (C)

-Chris Adams & Iceman Parsons defeat The Villanos in 6:54 when Parsons pinned Villano IV. (C-). During the match, Gary Hart is observed lurking around ringside, taking notes. The announcers mention Hart's recent comments about adding new talent, and speculate about who he's scouting (B-)

-Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias defeat Checkmate & Frank Dusek in 6:34 by DQ after Checkmate repeatedly broke up pin attempts on Dusek. (C-). Again, during this match, Gary Hart wandered down to the ringside area, taking notes. The announcers again speculate as to who he's scouting. (B)

-After the match, Bill Mercer announces that Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias will get their toughest tag team challenge to date at WCCW July Star Wars, where they will take on Fernandez' nemisis - The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon (D).

-WCCW TV Title Match.
Jim Garvin and Scott Casey drew to a 10:00 time limit draw. Like last week, Garvin was clearly stalling to reach the time limit. Garvin makes his 3rd title defense. (C-). Before the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Scott Casey about his quest for the TV title. Casey reminds Garvin of what Billy Watson stated last night - Casey will be #1 contender until either Garvin pins him, or Casey wins the title. (C)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament Match (Semi-Final)
David, Kevin, & Kerry Von Erich defeat King Kong Bundy, Magic Dragon, & The Great Kabuki in 10:47 when Kevin made Bundy submit. The Von Erichs advance to face the Freebirds for the titles at the July Star Wars event. (C+). After the match, the Freebirds come out to the entrance-way, and guarantee victory over the Von Erichs at Star Wars (B-)

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS

-I'm pretty surprised how low the overall rating was, considering the amount of B-level segments we had, and the fact that the main event did a C+. Midwest popularity increases from 48.2% to 48.7%. Texas popularity falls from 69.4% to 69.1%.

-We'll have to find something else for Fritz to do now that the Destruction Inc. has apparently run him back out of the ring. The injury announcement that opened the show rated a B+ - we've only had a handful of segments reach that.

-The Gary Hart scouting segments were very well rated also. (too bad they only got a minute of show time each - they apparently had minimal effect on my rating).

-We're running the Freebirds v. Von Erichs six-man tag again at Star Wars, and then we'll get into the individual matchups (particuararly Kevin v. Gordy). There will be some type of stipulation added to the six-man, either hardcore or survivor series rules. Star Wars will also feature Manny/Adias v. Kabuki/Dragon, David defending against the winner of a battle royal (winner to be determined), and probably Casey v. Garvin. Other matches to be determined. Adonis may be the right fit for the David title defense - he's already fairly well known in Texas (he was champion of the San Antonio-based SWC when I signed him - he could attempt to "unify" the Texas titles.)

-Casey and Garvin has wrestled 5 times already - the first one rated a C, everhthing since has been C-. If this angle adds ANYTHING to these matches, and they can eventually rate C+, it'll be a big victory.

Last edited by molson : 05-16-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #124
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV show gets a 0.60 rating. That's a slight rebound from the low ratings of the last two weeks.

-Houston Championship Wrestling, who is something of a rival, has assembled a pretty impressive roster: Michael Hayes, The Masked Superstar, Junkyard Dog, Super Destroyer, Gino Hernandez, Jesse Ventura, Jim Duggan, Chavo Guerrero, Butch Reed, and Matt Borne. Of courrse, HCW's prestige level is low enough where a lot of those guys can only work limited dates. At this point, we have a working agreement with HCW, and it seems they would be a pretty good partner, since we're in the same region, so all guys involved would have overness in Texas.

-The most intruiging guy with HCW is the Junkyard Dog, who has A+ popularity in Texas - that's off the charts (even Fritz is only B+). Alas, they won't lend me JYD, even in exchange for David or Kerry. Jim Duggan appears to be available (he has B+ popularity in TX), so we may try him for a few shows soon.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #125
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well Molson, Adam Ryland should send you a nice thank you card for increasing his sales. Good Job.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #126
dfisher
High School JV

Tell me about it. I am hooked in this game. Anyone want to start up a multiplayer Death of the Territories game?
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #127
Atocep
Coordinator

I have a question about the DOTT mod. Is it possible to update the storylines/angles as your game ages? I'd be nice to have access to some Undertaker casket-specific storylines/angles when the time comes.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #128
NevStar
High School Varsity

You can import angles through the in-game editor. Create a new database & add the angles you want, then import from that database into your current game.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #129
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevStar View Post
You can import angles through the in-game editor. Create a new database & add the angles you want, then import from that database into your current game.

I'm never played around with other mods or the mechanics of the game - is it possible to take more "modern" angles from other mods and import them into your current game is this manner?

You can also always write your own angles - detailing ever step and what type of segment is required to proceed in the angle. You can do that in your current game, no import necessary. It sounds pretty tedious, and there's plenty of angles in DOTT, so I've never gone that route.

Last edited by molson : 05-18-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #130
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm played around with other modds or the mechanics of the game - is it possible to take more "modern" angles from other mods and import them into your current game is this manner?

Yeah, you just have to have the other databases setup. For example, I have the DOTT database, Montreal's Aftermath, 2 different 2001 databases and a modern database, plus the default database, and I usually import all my angles into the other databases.

If you want to do it in a current game, after loading your game, go to Options on the top bar, then go to import data, and select whatever data you want to import.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #131
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, July 1983
St. Louis, MO. 1,000. SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeats Waldo Von Erich in 5:05 by pinfall. (D+). Waldo seemed off his game. After the match, Mercer interviewed Adias, who put over the job Manny Fernandez is doing as his mentor (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Johnny Mantel defeats Black Gordman in 7:29 by pinfall (D+). After the match, Mercer interviewed Mantel, who put over his two singles match victories this month (E-)

-Scott Casey defeated King Kong Bundy in 4:54 by pinfall (C-). Before the match, Gary Hart cut a promo hyping Bundy (C-). After the match, Casey hyped his TV Title match with Jimmy Garvin at tomorrow night's TV taping. Casey hyped Bill Watson's edict - Casey's the #1 contender until Garvin can pin him, or until he loses the title. (D+).

-Whipper Billy Watson comes out and announces that the winner of the previously advertised Battle Royal at the TV taping tomorrow night will take on David Von Erich at July Star Wars for the WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship. (C)

-Jimmy Garvin defeated Ken Mantel in 10:10 by submission following interference from Precious. (C). After the match, Garvin, clearly irritated with how difficult it was to dispatch Mantel, continues his attack. Scott Casey quickly make the save, tossing Precious aside and throwing Garvin from the ring (D). As Garvin leaves the ringside area, he grabs a mic and yells at Casey, telling him he'll never see the TV title - the only thing he'll get from Garvin is misery. (C-)

-Adrian Adonis defeated Barry Orton in 5:56 by pinfall (C-). Adonis makes his WCCW in-ring debut.

-After the match, Akbar and Adonis are joined in the ring by the rest of Destruction Inc - The Sheepherders and Waldo Von Erich. Akbar hypes the group as the force that has ended Fritz Von Erich's career. He says their goal to the become the most dominant force in WCCW. Along the way, they'll win championships and make piles of money (D+).

-David Von Erich, Iceman Parsons, & Chris Adams defeated The Villanos & Super Kendo in 11:40 when David made Super Kendo submit. (C-). Before the match, Gory Guerrero hyped his new stable, saying the unsophisticated wrestling fans of Kansas City are in for a Luchador education tonight. (D) Also before the match, David, Iceman & Parsons put over their team (E+).

-WCCW Tag Team Championship Match
Mike & Kevin Von Erich drew with The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon in a 15:00 time limit draw. Mike & Kevin make their 7th defense of the tag team titles. (C-) Before the match, Gary Hart hyped his team (D+) After the match, Kabuki blew green mist into Mike's face. King Kong Bundy came to the ring, and the 4 members of Hart Limited (including Hart himself), attacked Kevin 4-1. David, Iceman and Chris Adams make the save, setting off an 8-man brawl to end the show (D).

Overall Show Rating: C-

THOUGHTS

-It's a bad show, but it was a cheap show. All 3 Freebirds, and Kerry Von Erich got the night off. That'll help with the bottom line at the end of the month, but there's a slight hit to my midwest popularity, which decreases from 48.7% to 48.6%. So it would seem I'll need "C" level shows to keep my popularity growing here.

-My road agent says Waldo Von Erich, Super Kendo, Magic Dragon, and Barry Orton were used too much on the show. Orton was only used in a 7 minute match - I guess he needs to stay on the pre-show. Dragon was used in a 15-minute main event, so I understand that. But Waldo's usefulness might be just about over, now that the Fritz feud is done. I'll keep him for a while to be a Destruction, Inc. thug (as his non-wrestling segment ratings are still pretty good), and to put over younger talent.

-The Hart Limited v. David/Iceman/Adams stuff wasn't the start of any new storylines, I just wanted to give Kabuki & Dragon a break from jobbing, and give Iceman/Adams a chance for some main event exposure to help establish that team.

-That was a pretty good debut match for Adonis, considering that Orton has wrestled 9 singles matches for me, and only 2 have rated higher than D-. Those 2 matches were against David Von Erich, and now Adonis tonight.

NEWS

-My road agents tell me Jimmy Garvin, Chris Adams, and Mike Von Erich's characters could use freshening up. They're all in the middle of angles, but I'll re-vist that once those are over.

Last edited by molson : 05-18-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #132
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 3, July 1983

-Pre-Show Dark Match.
Ken and Johnny Mantel drew with Checkmate & Frank Dusek when the 10:00 time limit expired (C-). Mantel looked good. Before the match, Harry Frehley interviewed Checkmate & Frank Dusek about the upcoming match. (E+). After the match, Frehley interviewed the Mantels, who hyped their victory (D-).

Scott Casey defeated Jimmy Garvin in 7:53 by countout, after Garvin fled the ringside area after things weren't going well. (C-). Before the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Scott Casey, who promised a victory (C+)

-Kevin Von Erich defeats Buddy Jack Roberts in 11:35 by pinfall. (B-). Kevin seemed off his game.

-After the match, Kevin once again challenged Terry Gordy to a American Heavyweight title match. He states that last week in Kansas City, he beat Michael Hayes, and tonight, he beat Buddy Roberts. He hypes himself as the clear #1 contender to Gordy's title, reminding Gordy that they've only wrestled once since he became champion, and the match was a draw. (B-). Gordy then comes out with Michael Hayes. Gordy reminds Kevin that last week in Kansas City, Kevin stated that he and Mike would put the tag titles on the line against any 2 of the Freebirds in order to get a American Heavyweight Title Match with Gordy. Gordy says he's taking Kevin up on that offer, and he and Hayes challenge Mike & Kevin to a title match at next week's tv taping. (C+)

-Bill Mercer interviews Gary Hart, who's still searching for new talent. Hart says there's some WCCW wrestlers he's very interested in, and he'll be watching tonight's Battle Royal closely. (B-) Ken Mantel then interrupts the interview, and says that he was disturbed to hear certain young wrestlers, who he will not name, speaking complementary about Hart backstage. Mantel says he's been around a long time, knows what Hart is all about, and he strongly discourages anyone from hiring Hart as a manager. (C-)

-Mike, Kevin, and Kerry Von Erich hype their participation in the upcoming battle royal. They say that the Texas Heavyweight Title is the ultimate goal of all WCCW wrestlers, and that even though they all look up to David, none of them would shy away from a title match with him, should one of them win the battle royal. Kerry points out that he's already faced David in once match this year, and he would love to test his skill against him again. (C)

-15-Man Battle Royal - Winner Receives Texas Heavyweight Title Shot
Adrian Adonis wins the battle royal, which also included: Iceman Parsons, The Sheepherders, Chris Adams, Ken Mantel, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Mike Von Erich, Manny Fernandez, The Villanos, Super Kendo. Michael Hayes, and Waldo Von Erich (C-). After the match, Skandor Akbar celebrates by lighting a cigar (C+). The rest of Destruction Inc. return to the ring to celebrate with Adonis (C).

-Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS

-Running a Battle Royal in the main event proves to be a failed experiment - I thought I might get away with a decent rating there since the match had so much star-power. But Kevin v. Buddy was the better rated match. Texas popularity decreases from 69.1% to 68.8%. Midwest popularity increases from 48.6% to 49.0%.

-I'm not thrilled about hot-shoting Adonis to a title match, but he seemed to be the best option. I didn't want to use a Freebird there, and Adrian's clearly the next best available heel. He's also the current NWA Canadian Heavyweight Champion (with MLW), and was the Southwest Heavyweight Champion until he was stripped last month for joining us. So he's certainly a credible contender.

-It's interesting that Kevin's match with Buddy was better than Kevin's match last week with Hayes. Sure, the Hayes match had the less-helpful Midwest crowd behind it, but Buddy continues to impress.

-That's 6-straight C- matches for Gavin/Casey. The wrestling world surely weights in anticipation for more. This is a good experiment to see if the fans eventually turn on a series like this, or if the angle behind the matches eventually improves the matches.

Last edited by molson : 05-18-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #133
molson
General Manager

NEWS

The final advertised July Star Wars Card is in place:

David Von Erich v. Adrian Adonis

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match; Hardcore Rules
The Von Erichs v. The Freebirds

-2 v. 1 Inter-gender Handicap Match
Jimmy Garvin & Precious v. Scott Casey

-Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias v. The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon

-Mike Von Erich v. King Kong Bundy

-Not as many high profile matches as previous end-of-month shows, but the top two matches will obviously carry the card. Adonis & David have the ability to go 50 minutes, and they just might go close to that. (David will be protected in the 6-man tag to save himself for his main event title defense)

-Kevin arrived late to our last show. This is his first such transgression, so he's warned.

-Our TV show gets a 0.60 rating. That's the same as last week.

-Bob Orton has left Mid-Atlantic, leaving him unemployed. I request negotiations, and am hoping that the fact that I currently employ his younger brother might encourage him to give us a look. But he quickly tells me that WCCW isn't big enough for him right now.

-CWA in Memphis lets about 9 or 10 guys go, and I request negotiations with two of them - Bobby Eaton and KoKo B. Ware, who happen to work occasionally as a tag team. (And I learned that I was previously mistaken - Koko was NOT former WCCW employee Sweet Brown Sugar).
Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #134
Hammer
College Prospect

Eaton was always a very good no nonsense wrestler. He ought to fit in well I'd have thought.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #135
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just did a bit of digging and found out that there were, in fact, two wrestlers that went by the name "Sweet Brown Sugar."

Skip Young is the one that was in the WCCW and NWA, so I presume he is the one that is currently in your fed.

James "Koko B." Ware was the more famous of the two and spent time in the WWF as Koko B. Ware and, later on, as the (masked) Blue Blazer.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #136
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Just did a bit of digging and found out that there were, in fact, two wrestlers that went by the name "Sweet Brown Sugar."

Skip Young is the one that was in the WCCW and NWA, so I presume he is the one that is currently in your fed.

James "Koko B." Ware was the more famous of the two and spent time in the WWF as Koko B. Ware and, later on, as the (masked) Blue Blazer.

That makes sense - Skip Young's stats didn't measure up to what I remembered about Koko. Fortunately, Young was cut lose a few months ago.

But the "Blue Blazer" was actually Owen Hart, who teamed with Koko for a while as "High Energy".
Old 05-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #137
Izulde
Head Coach

Just wanted to say really great dynasty. It inspired me to kick the tires again on a TEW 05 dynasty, but that died out because I know jack about creating an interesting wrestling product.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #138
molson
General Manager

-This is the first show after I've installed the game's newest patch. The main tweaks appear to be earlier retirement ages, AI tag team usage, title defense AI, and a few other small tweaks. I've backed up the game from here in case things go horribly wrong.

-Michael Hayes has been advertised, but he's been booked by the WWF tonight and is unavailable. That will give the overall rating a hit, but hopefully we'll be good enough to creep the midwest popularity up a little higher.

Monday, Week 4, July 1983
Joplin, MO. 1,000. SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Black Gordman in 6:29 by submission (D). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Mike. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders defeated Barry Orton & Johnny Mantel in 6:40 when Williams pinned Mantel. (D+). Miller looked particularly good.

-Manny Fernandez & Brian Adias defeated Checkmate & Frank Dusek in 8:33 when Adias pinned Checkmate. (D+). Manny's performance stood out. After the match, Manny & Adias hyped their July Star Wars match with Kabuki & Dragon. He says that because of Manny's history with Kabuki & Dragon, this will be the most dangerous match of Adias' career - but he's ready. (D)

-Whipper Billy Watson came out and announced that at tomorrow night's TV taping, Jimmy Garvin will once again defend the TV title against Scott Casey (since Garvin still hasn't pinned Casey). He says the match will run first, and have a one hour time limit - so Garvin won't be able to simply stall to the standard 10:00 limit limit to retain his title. (D+)

-Adrian Adonis defeats Johnny Mantel in 10:35 by pinfall. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, the other members of Destruction, Inc. (The Sheepherders and Waldo Von Erich), came down to the ring and unleashed a 4-1 attack on Mantel (D-) Skandor Akbar then came to the ring and gave a promo about his the brutality of his stable. (D)

-Gary Hart comes out for an interview with Bill Mercer. Hart says Ken Mantel got what he deserved this week after he defamed Hart on television last week. Hart says that despite what Mantel said, Hart's been an respected and honored manager in wrestling for many years, and any young wrestler would greatly benefit from his leadership. He's continuing his scouting mission for new talent. (D).

-Jim Garvin defeated Super Kendo in 8:08 by pinfall. (D). After the match, Mercer interviews Garvin, who says that Scott Casey is a joke who's gotten way more chances at the TV title than he deserves. As a result, Garvin says, he's refusing to put the title on the line against him tomorrow night, or ever again. (C-).

-Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy defeated Chris Adams & Iceman Parsons in 9:35 when Gordy pinned Parsons. The Freebirds utilized frequent double-team tactics behind the referee's back. (C) Before the match, Roberts & Gordy hyped the match. (D+)

-Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich defeat King Kong Bundy, Magic Dragon, and The Great Kabuki in 11:48 when David made Bundy submit (C). Before the match, The Von Erichs gave a promo, saying they're looking forward to the six-man tag title match with the Freebirds at Star Wars, but before then, they have some unfinished business with Gary Hart Limited after last week's brawl in St. Louis. (D+) Also before the match, Gary Hart put over his 3-man stable, saying they got the better of the Von Erichs last week. (D+). After the match, the Von Erichs celebrate in the ring. (C-)

Overall Show Rating: D+

THOUGHTS

-Ouch, a brutal rating caused in part by advertising Hayes and having him booked elsewhere. Midwest popularity falls slightly from 49.0% to 48.9%.

-Manny's really being underutilized right now stuck in this angle with Adias. It's a short-term sacrifice, trying to give Adias the chance to develop into something more.

-Everybody's just a little less over in the midwest (and in some cases, a lot less over). Manny & Adrian are actually my two most over guys in the midwest - once their current angles are over, I'll have them feud with each other, and those matches will likely main even when I'm in the midwest. Hopefully that'll be the feud that gives us the last push to cult status. The good news is that most of my guys have shown slight increases in midwest popularity since I started my expansion there. That's why it's important to keep my roster largely together - WCCW will be home of the majority of the nation's wrestlers who have overness in BOTH Texas and the midwest - that will be a tough combo to find anywhere else.

NEWS

-WWF has a new Intercontinental Champion, as Larry Zbyszko defeats Don Muraco. Hulk Hogan has made a face turn, and received his first WWF title shot against Ray Stevens. He lost, which was his first defeat in 12 total WWF matches.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #139
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 4, July 1983
San Angelo, TX: 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons & Chris Adams defeat The Villanos in 8:46 when Adams pinned Villano IV. (C). Sunshine appeared as the new valet for Parsons & Adams. After the match, Parsons & Adams gave a promo, hyping Sunshine as their new valet - Sunshine had offered her services after Parsons & Adams teamed with David Von Erich last week (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeated Black Gordman in 4:46 by pinfall (D+).

-Whipper Billy Watson comes out to the ring and repeats the decision he announced last night - Garvin will defend the TV title against Casey again to start off the show, and the match will have a 1-hour time limit, to prevent Garvin from stalling to the standard 10-limit time limit. Despite Garvin's refusal to take part in the match, Watson says the match is happening, or else Garvin will be stripped of the title and suspended (C+)

-Bill Mercer interviews Scott Casey, who stated that Garvin is all out of excuses, and tonight is his night (C). Jimmy Garvin then cuts a promo, stating that he doesn't know why Watson is out to get him, but if he has to defend the title against Casey yet again, he'll do it (C+).

Scott Casey defeated Jim Garvin in 11:55 by pinfall to win the WCCW TV Title. After the referee was accidentally knocked unconscious, Garvin brought brass knuckles into the ring, but Casey recovered them and struck Garvin with them, and then gained the pinfall. (C-). After the match, a groggy David Manning found the brass knuckles in the ring, and took them to the back (F-).

-The Sheepherders & Adrian Adonis defeated The Mantel Brothers & Barry Orton in 7:51 when Adonis pinned Orton. (C-). Adonis and Miller looked particularly good.

-Backstage, the cameras pick up Scott Casey's victory celebration after winning the TV title - David Von Erich and Manny Fernandez offer their congratulations. (B-)

-A music video is shown hyping the serious injury suffered by Fritz Von Erich, at the hands of Destruction, Inc, and the rehabilitation he has undergone. (B+)

-WCCW American Tag Team Championship.
Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes in 12:52 when Kevin pinned Hayes after botched interference from Buddy Roberts (D+). Kevin & Mike make their 8th defense of the Tag Team Titles. Before the match, Kevin & Mike hyped their chances. Kevin says he's living up to his part of the deal tonight, and expects a American Heavyweight Championship match with Gordy soon, per their their agreement (C+).

-After the match, Kevin & Gordy continued arguing, and soon came to blows. This led to a wild, 7-man brawl, all over the ringside area, between all 4 Von Erich brothers and the Freebirds. (B-)

Overall Rating: C-

THOUGHTS

-The recent trend of disappointing shows continues. Midwest popularity holds steady at 48.9%, and Texas popularity decreases from 68.8% to to 68.3%.

-The show seemed to be going OK, but we were hindered by a bad main event between Mike/Kevin & Gordy/Hayes. That was a very surprisingly low-rated match at D+, considering that this was Mike & Kevin's 10th match as a team, and this was their lowest rated. They had better rated matches against teams like The Villanos, and Kabuki & Dragon. It's probably time to move the belts elsewhere soon.

-I have to remember to start including a Fritz segment on EVERY Texas show, even while he's out with his "injury". Fritz can do no wrong. He was unhappy with wrestling, so I wanted to give him a little break, but when he comes back, we might run a "one last run" angle towards one of the titles.

-The Garvin/Casey angle has one more blow-off match to their angle. The non-wrestling segments actually seem to be improving a little. Garvin's promo tonight delivered a solid C+ - which is fine for the undercard.

-Black Gordman's pre-show loss to Brian Adias marks his final match with WCCW, as his contract has now expired. During my tenure, he ends with a record of 3-18. His best matches were C+ efforts against Chris Adams and Jose Lothario.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:20 PM   #140
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I'm leaning towards running the end-of-month Star Wars show in the midwest. While this will hurt our show rating and bottom line, it'll boost midwest popularity, potentially a lot. We're currently 4.2% popularity in the midwest away from achieving cult stats, and if I can get that under 4% by the end of the month, we should be at Cult before the end of September.

-I've signed both Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton, who are both come at a pretty good bargain. Koko is $550/show, and Eaton is $650/show. Together they're an established tag team, so they'll start for me in that role, probably as faces. Eaton is pretty green at this point, 24 years old, only a E+ popularity in the midwest & Texas. But he does already have "A" level Consistency and Resilience, B+ athleticism, B Basics and Psychology, and B- Stamina. Of course, he's doesn't bring great charisma. Koko, at 29 years old, is a little farther along - a little more charisma than Eaton, and a pretty strong high-flyer (however, he's even less known that Eaton in the midwest and Texas).

-I also bring in Super Destroyer for 3 more appearances, loaning out Kevin Von Erich to Central States Wrestling in exchange. The last time I brought in the Destroyer it was in exchange for Kerry, who still hasn't completed his 3 contracted appearances with Central States yet (After losing their tv show, Central States only runs a monthly show). Both Von Erichs consider me a priority over Central States, so I can continue to use them whenever I want.

Last edited by molson : 05-19-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #141
molson
General Manager

WCCW: JULY STAR WARS
Saturday, Week 4, July 1983
Fort Worth, TX: 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders defeat the Mantel Brothers in 7:47 when Miller pinned Johnny Mantel. (C). Miller looked particularly good. After the match, the Sheepherders continued the attack. (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Chris Adams & Iceman Parsons defeat The Villanos in 4:43 when Adams pinned Villano V. (C-) Adams looked good.

-King Kong Bundy defeated Mike Von Erich by pinfall in 5:57. (D+). Before the match, Harry Frehley interviewed Mike about the match. Mike pointed out that he was the first man to take Gary Hart's $5,000 slam challenge against Bundy, and he's wanted another shot at him ever since. (D+). After the match, Gary Hart hyped his client (C+).

-Jim Garvin and Precious defeated Scott Casey in 6:07 when Precious pinned Casey (after Garvin had hit Casey with the title belt behind the referees back). (D+). During the match, after Casey throws Garvin to the floor, he grabs a mic, and asks asks Precious out on a date. Precious slaps him in the face. (C+). After the match, Garvin stole Casey's newly won TV title belt, taking it with him back to the locker room. (C)

-The Von Erichs hyped their upcoming six-man tag championship match with the Freebirds, which will be contested under hardcore rules. David says that even though he has a Texas Heavyweight Title defense, he won't hold back in the six-man-tag. (C+)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match; Hardcore Rules
The Von Erichs drew with The Freebirds after none of the competitors could answer the referee's ten count. This was a brutal, weapons-filled brawl, which left all six men unable to continue. The six-man tag titles remain vacant. (C-) After the match, the six men slowly got back to their feet, and continued brawling, all over the ringside area, and eventually back to the locker room. (C+)

-As the broken tables and chairs are being cleaned up, Whipper Billy Watson comes out and introduces WCCW's newest tag team: Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton. (D)

-The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon defeated Manny Fernandez and Brian Adias when Kabuki pinned Adias (C). The strategy of the victors was to keep Manny out of the ring and beat down Adias. Before the match, Manny Fernandez hyped his team with Adias, and told Kabuki & Dragon that he hasn't forgotten them putting him out of comission two months ago (D+). Also before the match, The Great Kabuki performed a bizarre misting ritual (C). After the match, put over his tag team's dominance (C).

-Adrian Adonis hyped his upcoming match with David Von Erich. He says he watched the Freebirds v. Von Erich brawl, and there's no way David has anything left for WCCW's real street fighter - Adonis. (B-) David Von Erich gave a pre-match interview, admitting that he was a little beat-up from the six-man, but that he had "plenty" left for Adonis (C)

David Von Erich defeats Adrian Adonis in 35:49 by pinfall to make his 3rd defense of the title. (B+) After the match, David celebrated the hard fought victory in the ring with Kevin and Kerry (B-)

THOUGHTS

-A pretty good show, but my road agent tells me that the fans got a little tired of David - he was in the ring for almost an hour total, and he was a part of 2 interviewes and a celebration segment. Texas popularity decreases slightly from 68.3% to 68.2%.

-But, what an awesome main event, and David and Adonis joint the exclusive "B+" match club. It was our first B+ match since last month's Star Wars event (David v. Super Destroyer). The two others were David v. Hayes, and Kevin v. Garvin. Adonis makes it clear that he's a legitimate main eventer. And it goes 35 minutes with neither guy getting fatigued. I had "protected" David in the earlier six-man, to keep him as fresh as possible (that might have negatively effected that match's rating). David and Adonis are the two top "stamina" guys on the entire roster - both max out at about 50 minutes under normal conditions.

-Tonight was the best Manny/Adias tag team match yet, and only the 2nd Adias match to reach a "C" rating (the previous one was a 1 on 1 match with Checkmate).

-The Freebirds/Von Erich brawl sounds like a fun match to me, but the WCCW aren't really into the hardcore style. This was our 4th six-man tag with these six guys, and this was the lowest rated.

-My road agent also tells me the fans were tired of Johnny Mantel - and he only wrestled in an 8 minute match on the pre-show. It might be time to upgrade our "lowest babyface on the roster" position.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #142
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Big news and it's not good - Terry Gordy has rejected all negotiations, saying he wants to move on to bigger and better things. I have him under contract for 32 more days. I have a lot of decisions to make regarding the American Heavyweight Title, the Von Erichs v. Freebirds feud, and the Freebird group in general. This departure makes getting to Cult Status even more important, so I can replace him with some comparable big-name talent.

-David has received offers from both Houston Championship Wrestling and CWA in Memphis. We'll see if he's as loyal as his brothers - both Kerry and Kevin have turned down similar offers in the past. Worst case, we're certainly a higher priority company than those two.

-Magic Dragon has broke his wrist. He can work through it if necessary, but he's well under 100%. Could be time for a Kabuki single's run.

-Precious was entering the final month of her contract, so I resigned her for 9 more months, with a raise from $900/show to $1,250/show. That's a little pricey for how un-useful women are in Fritz' vision of wrestling, but she seems to be helping Garvin, and want to have at least two chicks around in case they're needed in angles.

-WWA appears to be even closer to going under, so I make yet another buy-out offer. I've read on the TEW boards that the biggest benefit of a buy-out is that you get a prestige jump - prestige of companies is what workers look to when they decide who should be their priority company. And I have a crapload of money in the bank, so hopefully they'll take me up on the offer this time. I also make buy-out offers to the other two "small" promotions in the game - ICW and All-Star Wrestling.

-Our TV show gets a 0.58 rating, That's about our average for the last 5 weeks - it was only 2 months ago that I was got a 0.69.

-So that's 4 months down in the dynasty - next up will be the month in review for July.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #143
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Good luck with the Freebirds angle...Adonis might just be the right guy to "fill in" as Gordy is "beaten down and out for the spot"
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #144
molson
General Manager

WCCW MONTH IN REVIEW: JULY, 1983

POPULARITY

-Popularity in Texas 68.2% (Down from 69.9% last month)
-Popularity in Midwest 48.9% (Up from 46.9% last month)
-Popularity goal to get to or maintain Cult Status (53.1%) Another 2% gain in the midwest this month - that's lower than our 2.7% increase last month due to a couple of bad shows. So we're now 4.2% popularity in the midwest away from reaching Cult Status. Texas popularity drops another 1.7%, after dropping only 1.1% last month, and 1.6% the month before. So we still haven't stabilized our losses there.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 394,000 (351,064)
Sponsors: 15,523 (15,194)
Merchandise: 5,280 (4,920)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 222,475 (166,150)
Show Costs: 79,500 (86,500)
Marketing: 500 (500)
Merchandise: 4,510 (4,240)
Production: 35,800 (35,800)
Misc: 1,000 (1,000)

Total Profit: $71,018 (76,988)
Cash in Bank: $1,074,993 (1,003,975)

-Another healthy profit this month, and we're still in an excellent financial position. We'll really benefit from all the cash on hand once we reach Cult Status, and once some of other companies start to go out of business. I won't make any dramatic financial changes this month, content to take make a $75k profit or so every month
-The biggest difference in the financial numbers from last month are the worker costs - up about 25%. Those costs are likely to keep going up, but one preventive measure I've considered is making the six-man tag title inactive. Those matches are never very highly rated, and they're damn expensive. Running one Freebirds v. Von Erichs match costs about $8,000. On the other hand, running a better-rated David v. Gordy match only costs $2,000. The other option is to keep the six-man tag title lower on the card, and give it to teams like Super Kendo & the Villanos.

Last edited by molson : 05-31-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #145
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - END OF JULY, 1983

-Texas Heavyweight Champion - 89.3% Prestige (up from 88.7% last mont0
David Von Erich - 3 title defenses, 2-month reign

-American Heavyweight Champion - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Terry Gordy - 5 title defenses, 2-month reign

-Television Champion - 60.2% Prestige (up from 57.1% last month)
Scott Casey - 0 title defenses, 1-week reign

-American Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Kevin & Mike Von Erich - 8 title defenses, 14-week reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Down from 71.9% last month)
Vacant
Old 05-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #146
molson
General Manager

ROSTER - End of July, 1983

MAIN EVENTERS

Adrian Adonis
Michael Hayes
Super Destroyer
Terry Gordy
Manny Fernandez
David Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich

-Same group as last month, with the addition of Super Destroyer, who's only around for 3 appearances. I have thoughts again of demoting Kerry and Hayes, but there's no obvious names to step up, and neither guy has really gotten a "main event push" to this point.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

The Sheepherders
Kevin Von Erich
Buddy Jack Roberts
The Great Kabuki
Jim Garvin

-The Sheepherders haven't been overly impressive yet, but I'll continue to push them - they have the talent, they just aren't well known around Texas or the midwest yet. I've already seen modest popularity increases in the midwest for them. The Great Kabuki moves up this month - with Magic Dragon injured, it's the perfect chance for him to show me what he can do. Kabuki's cage match with Manny at the June Star Wars event was very good, they'll probably have a series of matches this month.

MIDCARDERS

Chris Adams
Ken Mantel
Brian Adias
Iceman Parsons
King Kong Bundy
Scott Casey

-The new addition here is Brian Adias - this is quite a bit higher than he should be if I was looking at just talent, but he has shown a whole letter grade improvement already in midwest popularity. His matches have been getting better as well. Iceman & Adams are still the two guys to watch here. Bundy's as likely to move down as he is to move up. Mantel will be here at least for the next 6 months while he's under his $1,000/month written contract. If I use him in all 9 shows in a month, he's a huge bargain at $111/show.

-LOWER MIDCARDERS

Magic Dragon
Koko B Ware
Bobby Eaton
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich

-Mike is still on the verge of the midcard, I'd just like to see his popularity increase a little more. Koko and Eaton are in the beginning of a long-term tag team run - whoever develops better over the next year or so will get the big singles push.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
The Villanos

-Kendo is now 0-10 for me, but he's a pretty consistent C- match guy (and then there was that B- shocker with David). He's already gone from F- to F+ in midwest popularity, so he may only be 6 months or so away from being an actual player on the roster. The Villanos have shown similar modest increases. Hopefully, Gory Guerrero will give them some kind of boost.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Barry Orton
Johnny Mantel

-Both of these guys have shown modest popularity improvements in the midwest and Texas, which isn't surprising considering they're used on almost every show.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLER

Checkmate

-I'm using him more than "occasionally", as him and Frank Dusek make a pretty good lower-midcard heel turn. He'll probably be around until the end of his contract in five months

OTHERS

Precious (Valet)
Sunshine (Valet)
Skandor Akbar (Manager)
Gary Hart (Manager)
Gory Guerrero (Manager)
Bill Mercer (Announcer)
Harry Frehley (Color Commentator)
Marc Lowrance (Color Commentator)
Whipper Billy Watson (Authority Figure)
David Manning (Referee)
Bronco Lubich (Road Agent)
Waldo Von Erich (Personality)
Fritz Von Erich (Personality)

-Fritz' injury will have a pretty miraculous turnaround - he'll be back on TV soon. He'll have one more "run" in the ring and then he'll kick Whipper Billy Watson to a road agent role.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS - AUGUST 1983

Wrestlers who consider other companies their priority, and their potential unavailability dates:

-Buddy Jack Roberts (AWA; Wed, Fri, last Tuesday)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, last Sunday)
-Gory Guerrero (CMLL; Thursday)
-Magic Dragon (MACW; Wed, Fri, last Sunday)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu)
-The Great Kabuki (MACW: Wed, Fri, last Sunday)

The only conflict is Buddy Roberts and our last TV taping of the month.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #147
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, August 1983
Chicago, IL. 1,000. SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware drew with Frank Dusek & Checkmate when the 10:00 time limit expired (C+). Eaton looked good. Before the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Koko and Eaton about the upcoming match (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
King Kong Bundy defeated Johnny Mantel in 2:43 by pinfall (D+)

-Chris Adams & Iceman Parsons defeated the Villanos in 7:20 when Parsons pinned Villano IV. (C-) Adams looked good. Before the match, Gory Guerrero hyped his team. (D). After the match, Parsons & Adams cut a promo hyping their team (D+).

-Manny Fernandez came out to the ring and hyped his upcoming Texas Death Match with The Great Kabuki. Manny puts over the dangerous nature of this type of match, but says that it's necessary because Kabuki didn't learn his lesson from the Manny's Cage match victory at June Star Wars (C-)

-Texas Death Match
Manny Fernandez defeated The Great Kabuki in 13:55 when Kabuki couldn't answer the 10-count. The match featured interference from Magic Dragon, Gary Hart, and Brian Adias (B-). The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Manny celebrated his victory with Brian Adias (B-).

-Kevin Von Erich came to the ring, and stated that tonight was his night - as finally, he gets another shot at Terry Gordy's American Heavyweight Championship. Kevin notes that not only did he already live up to his end of the bargain by putting his tag team title (with Mike) on the line against Hayes and Gordy, but they won that match. After tonight, Kevin says, the Freebirds will be left with no titles. (C-)

-WCCW American Heavyweight Title Match
Terry Gordy defeats Kevin Von Erich in 9:21 by pinfall following interference from Michael Hayes to make his 6th defense of his title (B-). After the match, Hayes and Gordy attack Kevin, but Kerry makes the save for a visibly disappointed Kevin. (C-)

-Adrian Adonis comes with Skandor Akbar out to hype his main event match tonight with David Von Erich. He says he's been promised that if he can beat David tonight, he'll get another shot at the Texas Heavyweight Title. (D+)

-David Von Erich defeated Adrian Adonis in 27:53 by pinfall (B). As David is celebrating, Adonis climbs back in the ring with Butch Miller, and the two attack David (D). David, however, quickly dispatches the tired Adonis from the ring, and then quickly overwhelms Williams as well (D)

-David Von Erich then grabs the mic and states that he's tired of Terry Gordy prancing around like he's WCCW's #1 champion. He challenges Gordy to a title v. title match. (C). Gordy comes to the ring, and the two have a brief scuffle that is broken up by the referee and road agent. (C).

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-The fans still thought there was a little too much David, but a B- is an excellent show for the midwest. In fact, this was our highest rated midwest show ever. It was largely booked as a "super-show", was very main event-talent heavy, and featured our top 2 midwest stars - Adonis and Manny. There was a ton of guys who weren't used at all, so I don't I can get away with booking that kind of show too often. Midwest popularity takes a pretty big jump from 48.9% to 49.5%.

-That was a better debut than I expected from Koko and Eaton. Can't wait to see how they do against other teams.

-Neither the Manny/Kabui nor David/Adonis matches were as good as their previous big-show efforts in Texas, but B and B- matches in the midwest have been pretty rare.

-The Freebird v. Von Erich angle has been officially evolved into a Gordy v. David unification angle. Kerry and Hayes will play supporting roles in that angle, and Kevin and Roberts will have their own 1 on 1 angle. Adonis and The Sheepherders will continue to do their "stable on a patch of destruction" thing for a while.

Last edited by molson : 05-21-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #148
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Terry Gordy and Barry Orton arrived late to the last show. The last thing I need is Gordy missing a show in his last month, so I skip the warning and fine him. As for Barry - well, it's not a good idea to ignore rules when you're a jobber - he gets suspended for a week.

-WWA accepts my negotiations for a buy-out, and is no more. Dick the Bruiser's Great Lakes Region promotion is the first casualty of the Death of the Territories mod. It only costs me the extent of WWA's current debts - $133,000, which I can easily cover. Presumably, there's some type of prestige boost here, but it's not a whole letter grade, as I'm still at D+ (or perhaps I don't see the boost until I click "next day"). I also now have ownership of the WWA Heavyweight and WWA Tag Team Title, which both have lineages back to 1964. The last WWA heavyweight champion was "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal, and the last tag team champions were Regal and Spike Huber. Not sure yet whether I'll do anything with these titles. I request negotiations with Regal and Hubert just in case.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #149
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any chance you can bring Dick the Bruiser on board in a personality role?

Did you "inherit" any of the WWA wrestlers? If so, anyone interesting?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #150
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'd suggest unifying those titles, if for nothing more then to boost your title's credibility further. It could lead to an actual World Title after some more buyouts.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote