Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

A Fictional FOF2007 Dynasty

Welcome!

Hey everyone! I got the itch to start a new dynasty and have it a little less formal than the lasts one I wrote. I hope anyone who reads it enjoys and leaves a comment or two!

Set-Up

I'm gonna start off by running a preference draft for the first season. I changed only a few sliders, hoping to get the worst possible team I can without having to cut the whole team or anything. I slid my QB slider all the way to the left, and then slid the K slider all the way to the right. I also moved the Pot/Exp slider to the right a little, just so I don't get any young guys that look promising.

Then I'll just quick sim the 2006 season with the AI handling everything, then I will take over at the end of the season.

House Rules

I haven't ever really played with house rules. This time, I'm going to be as strict as I possibly can and make myself follow them. It's gonna take a little while to get used to, but I got sick of having a winning season twenty straight times. Hopefully this will be a little more challenging. I've taken a few of these rules from others, so thank you if you were the one who came up with it!

Cap Increase: Thanks to yabanci and SkyDog, it seems that a 60-90 cap range will allow the AI teams to keep more players and not let an abundance of talent into the F/A pool. So, 60 to 90 it is.

Summer League: I can only send a player picked in the 4th round or later to summer camp.

Franchise Tag: I can only use the tag one time on any specific player.

Re-Negotiation: The player has to be in his last year in order to re-negotiate, and there can only be two re-negotiations per year. A little twist is that if I have a losing season the previous year, I can't re-negotiate with any player with a want winner rating over 70.

Free Agency: Hopefully the cap increase will help here as well, but I'm adopting the "want winner" rating rule here too. If I have a losing season, I can't offer a deal to any player with a want winner rating over 70. Only two offers per week to players on a different team the previous year, as well as two offers each week to players that were on my team the previous year. I can also only make one offer to a player. If I get outbid, then I can't adjust my offer. Lastly, I can only make one offer to a RFA each stage.

I think that's about it. If I think of any others, I will update here.

My preference draft is complete! Let's sim this season and then we'll begin my quest to create a football dynasty!

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote