Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 AM   #151
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: F/A Stage IX

Previous Offer Results

S Ryan Cassidy (67/67) signs with us and should bolster our secondary.

Expired Contract Offers

None.

RFA Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

None.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #152
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: F/A Stage X

Previous Offer Results

TE Brent Dallesandro (40/40) signs with us and will play on special teams and be a threat in the passing game.

Expired Contract Offers

None.

RFA Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

For me, free agency is over and I'm about to gear up for the draft. I'll take a look and then post a little preview of it.

I feel like I had a pretty decent free agency period. I only added 5 players, but three of them will be starters. One is a replacement, and it was probably a downgrade, but two were upgrades that should help a ton. I really hope I can have a solid draft.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #153
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Pre-Draft

I only picked up 5 new players in free agency, but like I said, 2 of them are upgrades to our starting WR and S, and one of them is a very good replacement starter. I also picked up two role-players: a backup NT, and a 3rd TE.

With this draft, I'm looking to upgrade certain positions, but most of all, find some players that can take over in a year. I have 10 players, 5 of which who will most likely be starters this year, who are in their 9th year or later. I'd like to get younger in those spots so I can groom them behind the current starters, and then in a year or so, hopefully plug the younger guys in as starters. Here are a few specific needs that I'll need to look at in the draft.

Needs & Upgrades

3rd String QB: With Chuck Hill (28/32) as my probable starter and Darryl Reed (21/48) as the young guy pushing Hill's job as a starter, I need someone to bring in that can provide some insurance if something goes terribly wrong. I doubt that I'll find one in this draft, but it's possible. Draft Priority: D

Elite WR: I feel like I did a lot by picking up Shaun Bennett (57/57), as he should be a reliable WR, something we haven't had in a while. However, he's entering his 11th year, so if I can grab an elite WR early in the draft, I'd be really happy. Draft Priority: A

Backup T: I really need to add a backup T, as I only have two on the roster right now, but I'm looking for some experience. The two players on my roster are in their 2nd and 3rd year, so drafting one doesn't seem like a great idea. I'll be looking for a mentor. Draft Priority: F

Future DE: At DE, I have two quality starters, but I still need a backup. Instead of grabbing an older guy, I'd love to draft one that can push one of these guys for a job. Draft Priority: B

Elite WLB: I really lost out on a favorite of mine in free agency. I ended up re-signing my starter from last year, and he is definitely good enough, but I really want a dominant pass-rusher to round out my defense. Draft Priority: A
Dime Corner: I have 4 CB's on my roster at this point. One of them, William Hodges (32/32), isn't a very good defender but is a great kick returner. I'd love to just keep him doing that this year. I'm going to try and pick up a CB better suited for my system, and I'll definitely be looking for one that can kick return as well, as Hodges is in his 10th year.

Punter: Still need a booming leg here. Draft Priority: C

Kicker: I feel like I've been looking for a capable player for a while. Draft Priority: C
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #154
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I have the 12th pick in the first round this year. I like what I see at first glance. I've only interviewed one person so far, but I feel like I have quite a few options. Here is a snapshot of the Top 20 players in the draft. Unless I trade down, one of these players will be on my team next season.

Out of these guys, some of my favorites are OLB Courtney Burley, WR Dominic Wagner, and Marvin Cox. I would say that the guy that I want the most is OLB Courtney Burley, and he should be around at the 12th pick.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-23-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #155
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

This is OLB Courtney Burley. He's not amazing, but it looks like he'll be a good pass-rusher, and has pretty solid combines. He'd fill in a spot that I've wanted to fill for a while now.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #156
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 1st Round

Here we are again, ready to select some fresh blood that will inject some youth and talent into our team. One thing that I've noticed is that I haven't been trading nearly as much as usual within the draft. Maybe this year will be the time to start. I have the 12th pick in the draft, so I will most likely end up with someone good, but I'm willing to be a little more agressive this year to get who I want. That could also mean trading down in order to pick up more picks.

With all of that being said...

The Detroit Lions are on the clock!

1. Detroit starts off the 2009 draft by selecting QB Jay Donner (28/57). This was an interesting pick because they have a ton of holes, and have an aging but solid QB in Harvey Carter (73/79) already on the roster. However, Carter is, as I said, getting up there in age. He's entering his 8th season, and his contract also expires after the 2010 season, when Donner may be ready to start.

2. Up next is the New York Giants, who select CB Daniel Skinner (53/81). He is an extremely talented CB who will end up being the teams number one corner. He joins two very talented safeties who really needed help. They get it with Skinner.

3. The Chicago Bears, with the 3rd pick in the draft, select QB Tim Durham (9/48). Durham has some pretty good potential but is going to need a little bit of time before he's ready to handle the stresses of being an NFL QB. This may have been a bit of a reach, but Chicago needed a signal-caller pretty badly.

4. With the 4th pick in the draft, the Arizona Cardinals take DT Antonio Garner (35/75). Garner is a solid player who will be the dominant force that this defensive line needed. He joins the young DE, Renaldo Unruh (42/63) in becoming the anchors of a strong and tough defensive line that Arizona is obviously trying to build.

5. The Kansas City Chiefs, with the 5th pick, decide to take Reuben Chaffin (49/67), a RB out of Maryland. The Chiefs desperately needed a starting running back and Chaffin will help them out tremendously.

6. Carolina takes Walt Hoffman (50/74), a safety that was arguably one of the best players of the draft. The Panthers really needed some help at the safety spot, and Hoffman is already the best player in the secondary.

7. Next up are the Tennessee Titans. They take CB Kenny Alexander (38/66), an outstanding player out of Tulsa. Alexander is a poor bump-and-run defender, but that really is his only weakness. As long as the Titans defensive coordinator gameplans around this, this was a solid pick by them.

8. The Colts are next, and they select DE Winston Oliver (34/52). The Colts have two dominant DT's, but only had one DE on the roster, and he wasn't all that good to be honest. They begin to fix that problem by adding Oliver, an excellent pass-rusher with good speed and power.

9. The Oakland Raiders, who chose ILB Kim Hitchcock (86/86) with the 1st overall pick last year, now help out their offensive line by selecting G Sedrick Dema (48/68). Dema is an excellent run blocker who should open up some big holes for their running game.

10. With the 10th pick in the 2009 draft, the Washington Redskins select G Randy Campbell (40/82). Campbell is a dominant force who may have fell because he didn't work out at the combine, but Washington's scouts obviously know this guy can play.

11. My division rival Miami Dolphins select S Chester Jennings (39/80), a great talent with good athleticism. This guy is really going to help out Miami's defense, and should even pick up a bunch of interceptions. This guy's going to be a true player, for sure.

12. And my pick is here! I'm having a few thoughts about what I should do here. I am leaning towards picking OLB Courtnery Burley, but there is another OLB still in front of him, Kenyon Tate. I have no interest in Tate because of his lack of size (only 215 lbs.), but maybe another team does. Maybe I should trade down a few spots?

I make an offer to New Orleans, who picks at 1(20). I offer them my 1(12) pick and my 4(13) pick for their 1(20) selection and their 2(19) selection. They accept the deal! Now I just have to hope that Burley lasts that long.

I let the next two picks go, and with the 13th pick, the Bengals take OLB Kenyon Tate (39/50). Now I'm facing quite a conundrum. Should I trade back up so I make sure I can get who I want? Or do I risk it? I decide that I'm going to go through each pick thoroughly and make a decision to figure out if that team has a chance of taking an OLB. None of them are listed as needing one, but Cincinnati wasn't either.

I get down to the 17th pick, where Baltimore is selecting. It seems like the need an OLB, and their other needs aren't available at the top of the draft board. I want to pull the trigger and trade up, but there just doesn't seem to be a deal that exists where I don't get screwed. I decide to take one more chance.

With the 17th pick, Baltimore selects T Mo Tyler (39/77).

Nice! Minnesota is up next and I'm almost positive they won't take an OLB. They don't, so now I have only 1 pick to go before I'm up. San Francisco picks before me, and they have a big hole at OLB, so I look into trading up to the 1(19) spot. However, they won't do it. I offer the 1(20) and the 6(1) for the 1(19) and they don't budge. Luckily, they are listed as needing a G and a T, and their are two highly rated linemen left that they could take. I risk it one final time.

With the 19th pick in the draft, the 49'ers select...

Berne Ford, T out of Mississippi! Woohoo! Let's hope Burley is everything I'm hoping for.

With the 20th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select OLB Courtney Burley (42/55).

I'll see you in the 2nd round, where I have two selections.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #157
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 2nd Round

I got lucky and ended up with the guy I wanted in the 1st round. Now, I'm hoping to make a big impact with the two 2nd round picks that I now have. I picked one up when I traded down to 1(20), so if I can get a good player, this would be an excellent draft.

One of the players that I'm looking at right now for my one of my 2nd round picks is G Mel Connoly, a great player with a slight endurance problem. I'm actually having trouble finding another player that I'm interested in. There isn't too much talent at the WR position, although there is one player that I want. However, I can probably wait until the 3rd round to take him.

I get to my pick at 2(11), and G Mel Connoly is there.

With the 43rd pick overall, the New York Jets select Mel Connoly (32/72), guard out of Louisville.

So with the 2(11) pick out of the way, my next pick is at 2(19). As I said before, I'm having trouble finding someone that I like here. I like WR Howard Rockwell, but he could last into the next round. I might trade down, but may even trade into next years draft, hoping to pick up a 2nd rounder from a bad team.

My pick arrives, and my thoughts don't change. I make an offer to the Detroit Lions which would give them my 2(19) pick in exchange for their 5(1) pick and their 2010 2nd round pick. Hopefully they'll have an awful year.

Next up is the 3rd round!

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #158
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2008 Off-Season: NFL Draft 3rd Round

For this round, I'll have my eye on WR Howard Rockwell. My pick is at 3(14), but I think I'd be willing to move up a few spots to take him if need be.

I get to my pick, and Rockwell is the 4th WR on the board. I think I can trade down a few spots, pick up an extra draft choice, and still get Rockwell.

I make a trade with the Green Bay Packers, sending them my 3(14) choice and my 2010 7th round pick in exchange for Green Bay's 3(24) pick and their 4(25) pick.

Crap! As I'm watching the draft picks go by, the freakin' Patriots swoop in and pick the guy I want, Howard Rockwell (28/56) at 3(19). Now what do I do?

My pick comes up and I'm stumped. I have a punter and a kicker on the board that I'd like, but it's a little early to be taking one of them. Maybe I'll trade into next year again?

I make a deal with the Colts that sends them this years 3rd round pick at 3(24) in return for their 2010 3rd round pick.

My next two picks are at 4(21) and 4(25). It's possible that I will trade up into the early 4th round. Perhaps I'll take the P or the K.

See you then!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #159
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 4th Round

New England screwed me over last round by picking the player I wanted a few picks before mine, but I'm ready to bounce back in the 4th round. I have two selections this round, one at 21, and one at 25.

Right now, I'm looking at P Grady Bonetta, K Leon Graham, as well as DT/DE Conrad Krohn. Krohn was a DT in college at Michigan, but he has good size for a 3-4 DE. At the start of the 4th round, Krohn is ranked as the 7th best DT on the board, so perhaps I can wait a little for him. P Bonetta is the 2nd ranked P on the board, and K Graham is at the top.

My pick comes up at 4(21), and all three players are still there. Krohn is the 6th ranked DT, and the K and P are still in their respective slots.

With the 117th pick, the New York Jets select Grady Bonetta (42/75), punter out of Virginia Tech.

4 picks later at 4(25), I make my selection.

With the 121st pick in the draft, the Jets select, kicker Leon Graham (47/78) out of Rice University.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 PM   #160
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 5th Round

After getting those special teamers out of the way, I have a few players that I actually like here in the 5th round. One of them is still DT/DE Conrad Krohn, another is DE David Newman. I also like WR Gary Christianson.

I pick at 5(1), but again, I can probably trade down without missing out on any of these guys.

After negotiating with Jacksonville without coming to an agreement, I make a deal with the Seattle Seahwaks, sending them by 5(1) pick for their 5(16) and their 7(16) picks.

My pick comes up, and DE David Newman is gone, but he was my least favorite of the three.

With the 144th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, New York selects DT Conrad Krohn (27/44), DT out of Michigan.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #161
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 6th Round

I start off the 6th round with the first pick, and there is only one player worth taking here.

The New York Jets select wide receiver Gary Christianson (22/50) with their 6th round pick.

I also pick at the 6(11) spot, and after going through the other teams picks, I arrive at my selection.

With the 11th pick in the 6th round, the New York Jets select Dan Alexander (24/43), outside linebacker out of Kansas.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-23-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #162
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: NFL Draft 7th Round

My 7th round, and final, pick of the draft is at 7(16). I have a player that I want who is way down there on the board, but I want to assure myself that I get him.

With the 208th selection of the 2009 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select cornerback Chad Guzan (19/51) out of Arizona State.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #163
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Post-Draft

I think I did decent with this draft. I didn't have any absolute needs, just place that I wanted to upgrade, and I feel like I did that. I got two probable starters, and a kicker and punter that look like they're going to be pretty good. I also picked up a few guys where, if they pan out, will end up being great picks. No immediate busts, which is pretty good. I also feel like I did a pretty good job moving up and down in the draft.

1. OLB Courtney Burley (42/55): Bruley will be my starting WLB on opening day, as long as he stays healthy during the pre-season. I really hope he gives us a legitimate pass-rush threat, and as long as he helps us in that regard, I'll be happy.

2. RG Mel Connoly (32/72): I love this guy. I think I'll let him sit for the first few weeks and learn a little bit, but I really think he's going to turn into the dominant guard we want him to be.

3. P Grady Bonetta (42/75): I'm sick of looking for a punter, so I really hope this guys works out for us. If he does, I'm going to sign him to a long-term deal so I never have to worry about finding a decent punter again.

4. K Leon Graham (47/78): Another position that I'm sick of looking for. I really hope this guy turns out to be good. All I need from him is an accurate leg. If he can give me that, I'll be a happy GM.

5. DE Conrad Krohn (27/44): This guy is a project, as he doesn't have too much experience as a DE. He was originally a DT, but he has good size for a 3-4 DE. Hopefully he'll transition well and play as good as he did as a DT.

6. WR Gary Christianson (22/50): This guy was kind of a last resort, but I'm actually pretty happy with him. He's a good return man and special teams player, and seems like he'll catch most of the passes thrown his way. If he makes an impact, this will be viewed as a great pick in the 6th round.

7. OLB Dan Alexander (24/43): This guy has great pass rushing technique and is a good tackler. I like him as a backup but I don't think he'll ever turn into starting material. He'll be in a battle with some other guys for a roster spot, for sure.

8. CB Chad Guzan (19/51): This is another return man who I chose because of those abilities more-so than his defending skills. However, he looks like he can hold his own as a dime-back or a 5th CB that. I drafted him to replace out aging kick returner, William Hodges (32/32).
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #164
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Pre-Late F/A

I still have $22,540,000 left in cap room right now, and not many spots that I need to fill.

Needs and Upgrades

3rd String QB: I still need to add a 3rd QB onto the team. He doesn't have to be any good, just a cheap guy that can mop up the mess if it ever gets that far.

Backup T/Mentor T: I need a capable backup who can also mentor my two very young starting tackles.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-24-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #165
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Late F/A Stage I

Holdouts

None.

Trade Offer

The Bears offer me their 2010 4th round pick, asking for QB Darryl Reed (21/48). I decline, as I really want to give Reed a chance to prove his worth this year.

Rookie Contract Offers

1st rounder, OLB Courtney Burley (42/55), decides to hold out for a better deal after he declines an offer worth $14.9MM over 5 years.

G Mel Connoly (32/72), our 2nd rounder, accepts a 4-year deal worth $7.17MM.

4th round punter Gary Bonetta (42/75) accepts an offer of $3.34MM over 4 years.

Other 4th rounder, K Leon Graham (47/78), signs a deal worth $3.34MM over 4 years.

DE Conrad Krohn (27/44) accepts a 3-year deal worth $2.01MM over 3 seasons.

WR Gary Christianson (22/50) signs his rookie contract, a 3-year deal worth $1.92MM.

Dan Alexander (24/43), an OLB picked up in the 6th round, signs a deal worth $1.92MM over 3 years.

Our final pick, CB Chad Guzan (19/51), signs his rookie deal worth $1.81MM over 3 seasons.

Expired Contract Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

I have a ton of cap room still and only have minor holes. There are a few good players that are available, but I really am only looking for a 3rd string QB and a mentor tackle.

I offer 11th year T Mark Gibson (28/28) a 1-year deal worth $1.19MM. He's not as good as I hoped, but he is the only one who will be a positive affinity and is also a mentor, so I feel okay about it.

I also make an offer to QB Korey Tate (30/41), a 4th year player who actually has some talent and upside. He's also fairly cheap, so I make him an offer for 2 years that would be worth $1.59MM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #166
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Late F/A Stage II

Previous Offer Results

None.

Expired Contract Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

I make an offer to undrafted rookie CB Kelvin Blackwell (19/49) and ILB Quentin Perkins (12/57). They will probably get cut after training camp, but they certainly won't hurt us.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-24-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #167
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Late F/A Stage III

Previous Offer Results

Undrafted rookie ILB Quentin Perkins (12/58) signs with us. Also, TE Vinny Koopmans (72/72), a RFA who I didn't re-sign, ended up going to Cleveland this stage.
Expired Contract Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

None

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-24-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #168
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Late F/A Stage IV

Previous Offer Results

All three of the other players we made offers to, CB Kelvin Blackwell (19/52), T Mark Gibson (28/28), and QB Korey Tate (31/41), all sign their deal with us. That should do it for us!

Expired Contract Offers

None.

Free Agent Offers

None.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-24-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #169
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Pre-Training Camp

Our first round pick, OLB Courtney Burley (42/55), didn't sign my initial offer, so I offer him a 5-year deal again but this time, there is more money. He declines again.

I hate when this happens, but we won't go into training camp with all of our rookies signed.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-24-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #170
ReiperXHC
n00b

not sure if you know this, but I've noticed that first round picks tend to like the shorter deals...if they haven't signed before TC I'll usually offer them the shortest deal for the most money. That deal is always a GUARANTEED sign. (unless you don't have the cap room to cover or something...personally I've never had this happen)

The reason is because younger top tier/first rounders...etc...tend to want to test free agency as soon as they can. You can always renegotiate their contracts later to get longer deals from them. But they LIKE the shortest deals better.

just a tip

-Reip

ReiperXHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #171
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiperXHC View Post
not sure if you know this, but I've noticed that first round picks tend to like the shorter deals...if they haven't signed before TC I'll usually offer them the shortest deal for the most money. That deal is always a GUARANTEED sign. (unless you don't have the cap room to cover or something...personally I've never had this happen)

The reason is because younger top tier/first rounders...etc...tend to want to test free agency as soon as they can. You can always renegotiate their contracts later to get longer deals from them. But they LIKE the shortest deals better.

just a tip

-Reip

Yea I know, but thanks for the advice. I decided that since the guy is already pretty developed, I'd take the chance and see if he would bite on the money increase. I figure that I'd rather take the risk of him not going to T/C then give him a shorter deal.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #172
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Training Camp

Training camp has arrived! Let's see how some of our guys did.

Some of our older guys are rapidly declining. Now more specifically, let's look at the rookies development.

Code:
Drafted Pos. Name Current/Future Ratings Changes 1(20) OLB Courtney Burley 0/ 0 (42/55) 2(11) RG Mel Connoly 3/ 4 (35/76) 4(21) P Grady Bonetta -1/-7 (23/55) 4(25) K Leon Graham 6/-8 (53/70) 5(16) DE Conrad Krohn 1/-4 (28/40) 6(1) WR Gary Christianson 2/-5 (24/45) 6(11) OLB Dan Alexander 0/-1 (24/42) 7(16) CB Chad Guzan 2/-6 (21/45)

I'm really glad Connoly got better, but everyone else went down (other than holdout Burley). I'm also nervous about Graham and Bonetta, two guys that I thought would end up being great.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #173
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Off-Season: Position Battles

Is there a quarterback controversy here? Maybe. I have 3 guys who I would potentially consider starting this year. There are always a few positions that have players battling for a starting job, or a job in general. I just didn't think I would have one at quarterback between 3 players. Let's take a looksie.

Quarterback

Three guys who could potentially start leaves me with quite a decision to make. I have the veteran Chuck Hill (21/26), who's started the majority of my games for the past 2 seasons. I don't think he wins us games, I think we win games despite him. However, he's never led us to an awful season where we weren't in contention, so he has my confidence, just not too much of it.

Then there is 2nd year player Darryl Reed (21/49), a former 4th round pick who had a great game, as well as a lousy game last year when Hill was injured. He went to play in Europe over the off-season, so I'd be willing to give the guy a chance to prove he got better. I just don't know what to expect out of him.

Lastly, there is free agent signing Korey Tate (31/42). He had an awful season last year, playing in 4 games and only completing 45% of his passes. I doubt that he'll start, but it's possible if he does good in the pre-season.

Running Back

Last year we carried 5 running backs. I don't really want to do that again. The battle will be between 2nd year players Kyle Patton (27/43) and Sean Treacy (27/36). Patton is definitely the favorite here, and Treacy will have to look like the next coming of Barry Sanders to gain a spot on the team, I think.

Nose Tackle

I have two veterans battling it out for the starting job. First, I have the guy who has been with the team for the past couple years, Zack Rellford (44/44), and then the recent free agenct signing, Stan Gaylor (44/46). Both have very similar ratings, and very similar skill-sets. I'll have to base my decision on the stats they put up in the pre-season games. I'm leaning more towards Rellford right now.

Inside Linebacker

Two players will fight for a job as the backup WILB. I have 2nd year player Erik Malone (25/46), and rookie undrafted free agent Quentin Perkins (15/51). They'll be backing up one of my true stars of the team, Kris Demann (76/76), so I might be leaning towards Perkins to save a little bit of cash.

Strong-Side Linebacker

Another battle for a backup spot, I have veteran Brant Cash (25/35) and rookie Dan Alexander (24/42) competing for a job. Cash is a better special teams player, which I like a lot, but Alexander looks like he has the potential to be a really good pass-rush specialist that can come in on 3rd down passing situations.

Weak-Side Linebacker

I drafted Courtney Burley (42/55) in the 1st round, but he still is unsigned, so as of right now, there isn't a competition. However, if Burley comes in soon, he'll be fighting for a stating job with Hardy Grasmanis (44/44). Grasmanis has done a pretty good job for me but I'd love to see more sacks from that position.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #174
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Laptop is busted. I turn it on, and nothing shows up on the screen...hope its not the hard drive because I don't want to lose this league file. Hopefully I'll be back in action soon!

While I'm gone...is anyone following this? If so, does anyone have any suggestions, comments, advice, before I start the new season? Thanks and I hope to see ya soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #175
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post

Was looking at the SP rules you posted in the FOF forum, and found this thread. Turns out, the first time I see my last name in the game I'm a punter from Pennsylvania.

You don't have this career anymore, do you?