Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #2901
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beep?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #2902
hoopsguy
General Manager

The huge turning point in this game was the night that Chief bit the dust. And, sadly, there was a moderator error involved in this.

If you look at the role NTN has as Chase Edmunds, he has a player kill option except if the player is Kim Bauer or Ryan Chapelle. He put in his order to target Chief Rum after Chief had posted in the thread that he was Kim Bauer. I forgot the part about him learning Kim's identity and had Kim shot on site. I believe NTN was trying to validate Chief's "reveal" and would likely have voted elsewhere if he had not just shot her in the head in the thread.

Now, we already had an order from NFG the seer to scan Chief so I don't Chief was going to be living much longer.

But the real kicker here for the wolves was the way the lynch of Telle went down shortly after the Chief Rum shooting. That had Henry in the position where he was able to clear five villagers at a time because the wolves (besides Chief) were not on Telle at all. If one wolf had been there, then Henry would have been told "1 out of 5 people that voted for Telle are wolves" .... kind of useless info. Also, the people cleared by Henry were a number of the lower posters, people who had not validated themselves in the thread.

At this point, the wolves were more or less screwed and the game played out that way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #2903
hoopsguy
General Manager

As always, we are interested in feedback about the game. Did you like the ruleset? Did you like your roles? Too much uncertainty or just right? Whatever you feel like sharing, we would love that feedback in order to help create fun games in the future.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #2904
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game Hoops and BK. I liked the ruleset just fine. The constant clock didn't seem to be too much of a bother to me, but it seemed from a few people they had issues getting in to vote at times because you never necessarily knew when the deadline would be. I don't know if that made the game less enjoyable for them or not. It didn't end up bothering me as much as I thought it would.

I wish I had been less busy so I could have focused more on the game. I felt that I only put in a half-effort because of my availability, but the wolves at least did me a favor and put me out of my misery early

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #2905
Danny
Head Coach

Sucks about the error, but I was going to get me those votes for CR anyway!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #2906
hoopsguy
General Manager

A couple of other notes:

1.) EagleFan chose the "wolf" path rather than the "villager" path when he went underground on Day 1. He was able to communicate with Thomkal via PM, played to win as a wolf, but counted as a villager in terms of ratio. Sort of a different take on the "cultist" role. It was up to the wolves to determine how much info they wanted to give him.

2.) EagleFan, as a "junior wolf" was given one night kill. It was initially intended to be used in place of an attack by a wolf. But after the Chief Rum screw-up BK and I allowed the wolves to use the EF night kill in tandem with the regular wolf kill.

3.) The wolves could only convert one person in the game - Jackal/"George Mason". So it kind of sucked for them that they planted evidence on him to make him scan as bad. Especially after they had discussed attacking/converting him on their first kill ... I do not think that Jackal was ever a serious conversion candidate in their talks after that point.

4.) If Autumn/"Nina Myers" had been interrogated by Jack instead of The Jackal (with planted evidence) then Nina would not have been broken. In other words, her "cunning" role would have carried her through the interrogation by Jack. The planted evidence, however, did not come into play with Jack's interrogation so Jackal showed up good. This was another pretty bad break for the wolves.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #2907
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, a great game. I really enjoyed it even though I have little to no knowledge of the show other than that Jack Bauer is indestructible.

As for the error with CR's death, it's okay, he needed to go.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #2908
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh well... I tried my best .

Thanks for a fun first game, y'all.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #2909
Thomkal
Head Coach

first off congrats to the good guys! Basically we were screwed when Henry used his power and came up with that list, but we managed a few small victories, like keeping me from being lynched so I could use my last conversion attempt. But now seeing the limits of my conversion power, I have to say I'm disappointed. There seemed to be no way for us wolves to know that only one person could be converted (or was there and I missed it?) and thus it largely made me useless to my team. We tried to convert Alan, Danny and then nfg at the end there. Jackal did you try to let us know you had "sympathies" towards us?

Not happy with the planted evidence on the Jackal not being able to be used with Jack's interrogation power-if we had asked if it would work, would we have been told? We were so psyched when DT chose to interrogate Jackal over Autumn because we thought his being a cunning wolf wouldn't help him there, and then alas it would have. *sigh*

We decided to use Isid's double kill on that first night so we could get it in and then concentrate on my conversion attempts. I strongly advocated we kill Tyrith then because of his play in the Labyrinth and other games and because I think he was already on to Chief Rum if I remember. JAG was an interesting choice for our second kill that night. We were split on him for a while-I didn't want to kill him because I thought he was the last listed foreigner and he was trying to signal us by twice saying Kim Bauer was evil, which of course she was. Needless to say I was half-right, half-wrong. Also up for discussion for that first night kill was nfg...which would have given us the seer and bodyguard on the first night. That would have gone down in Werewolf history.

Brightest Moment: Danny coming out with that list that had none of us on it. I was like yeah, let's be Danny's best friend!

Dullest Moment: The late PM sent to Danny-by the traitor Purude Brad that got them Chief Rum and left me in an awkward place after trying to deflect the timing of it. Yes I was the "wolf in the headlights" there. Followed shortly thereafter by Henry's list. My post to my fellow wolves when that came out...We're screwed.

Overall a fun game with the different take on when lynches/night-kills could occur-we didn't really take advantage of that as it turns out and wait to do a night kill rather then when we were told we could kill-we generally just played it like regular WW and sent in a kill. Great job by the mods, the clock, and DT for having to take on all that information and try to sort it out. I was so psyched when we came up with my fake secret service power to tell you it only to find out Tyrith had the same basic power when he died. Oh and good job EF-I knew it was tough talking to just me and not all the wolves and having me relay things back to you. We weren't sure on you for a while there but you could have sold us out so many times there that we finally felt we could trust you. Glad that we did now.

And I told you wolves we only needed to attack Jack one more time! Would anything have happened game wise if he was killed?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #2910
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we won?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #2911
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOOHOO
Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #2912
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hoops, a great game. I really enjoyed it even though I have little to no knowledge of the show other than that Jack Bauer is indestructible.

As for the error with CR's death, it's okay, he needed to go.

So PurdueBrad, just curious why you chose the path you did? We debated back and forth killing you, converting you, or leaving you alone. I think we had pretty much decided to leave you alone when Chief Rum signalled you like that. We weren't going to lose any sleep if you got lynched because we didn't trust you were being completely truthful, but we didn't push for it too much either those first two nights if I remember correctly, though some of us voted for you. I threw out the deviously evil idea of letting you live to the Final Seven, and then killing you so you wouldn't reveal upon getting your victory condition.

We knew it had to be you that told DT and Danny, so basically you were doomed to die at some point before you could get to your victory.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #2913
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay now we've won...i'm happy to answer anything and everything
Old 07-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #2914
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The other thing to note hoops is that once NFG had seer-scanned CR we would have just had Path duke to him if we hadn't had the votes moved.

And the thing with Henry and everybody on Telle - there was just no way to foresee that was going to happen. Could have happened at any time during the game, was just pure blind luck.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #2915
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
A couple of other notes:

1.) EagleFan chose the "wolf" path rather than the "villager" path when he went underground on Day 1. He was able to communicate with Thomkal via PM, played to win as a wolf, but counted as a villager in terms of ratio. Sort of a different take on the "cultist" role. It was up to the wolves to determine how much info they wanted to give him.

2.) EagleFan, as a "junior wolf" was given one night kill. It was initially intended to be used in place of an attack by a wolf. But after the Chief Rum screw-up BK and I allowed the wolves to use the EF night kill in tandem with the regular wolf kill.

3.) The wolves could only convert one person in the game - Jackal/"George Mason". So it kind of sucked for them that they planted evidence on him to make him scan as bad. Especially after they had discussed attacking/converting him on their first kill ... I do not think that Jackal was ever a serious conversion candidate in their talks after that point.

4.) If Autumn/"Nina Myers" had been interrogated by Jack instead of The Jackal (with planted evidence) then Nina would not have been broken. In other words, her "cunning" role would have carried her through the interrogation by Jack. The planted evidence, however, did not come into play with Jack's interrogation so Jackal showed up good. This was another pretty bad break for the wolves.

1 - That jerk EF

2 - Well that explains that. Makes sense *nods*

3 - Ooof - that's a bad break!

4 - Yowsers, that's an even worse break. FWIW the reason I interrogated Jackal was because he had been quieter lately and if Autumn was good I didn't want to remove a more active poster from the game, whereas if Jackal was good I didn't feel we'd lose any many posts / as much analysis (no offense meant - it worked well to our advantage).
Old 07-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #2916
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Oh well... I tried my best .

Thanks for a fun first game, y'all.

FWIW - I think you did a very good job. You were probably cut some slack due to it being your first game, but you also never really tripped yourself up at all or anything.

You're going to be good at this.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #2917
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - as soon as I got attacked the first time I shot all of my info off to NFG (that was probably the longest PM in the history of the board BTW...maybe i'll post it here in a bit).

By the time NFG was killed and there was just one of us we had already arrived at the combination of Henry + my's list and everything had been publicly stated.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #2918
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The one comment I made to Hoops + BK after I was dead is something that I was suprised to not see have happened. Also ended up as a break for the villagers, but after nfg was thrown into prison by King, then got out and claimed Pass was involved and instantly was re-prisoned and then later killed, I was suprised that it did not set off any warning bells for anyone. Especially after Pass was lynched and his power was indeed having something to do with imprisoning people.

The first thought in my head there was that king was busted in a lie on that one and surely someone was going to push him about what occured there. But it never was even mentioned.. by anyone! Now that I know King was a villager and likely telling the truth, I'm suprised none of the wolves pushed that angle any either.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #2919
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

NFG's great villager-scanning combined with Henry's using his power at the right moment were huge.

I think it makes sense that planted evidence wouldn't come up in my interrogation - it's not like it was an investigation...I was torturing the guy. Evidence doesn't really come into play.

NFG's decision to scan Pass right before king used his power was also a great one by him...and kudos to him for getting the info out there along with a decent fake-reveal of his powers so soon after being freed.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #2920
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The one comment I made to Hoops + BK after I was dead is something that I was suprised to not see have happened. Also ended up as a break for the villagers, but after nfg was thrown into prison by King, then got out and claimed Pass was involved and instantly was re-prisoned and then later killed, I was suprised that it did not set off any warning bells for anyone. Especially after Pass was lynched and his power was indeed having something to do with imprisoning people.

The first thought in my head there was that king was busted in a lie on that one and surely someone was going to push him about what occured there. But it never was even mentioned.. by anyone! Now that I know King was a villager and likely telling the truth, I'm suprised none of the wolves pushed that angle any either.

yeah - i was surprised somewhat by this as well. it had bumped king up a little on my suspiscion-list, although the fact that nfg came back alive and told us about path and was so quickly tossed BACK into prison to me was an indication that king was most likely good, because i couldn't see wolves having 2 of the same powers like that, and i had 100% trust in NFG.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #2921
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

was a bummer for Thomkal that his fake-reveal to me was pretty much the same as Tyrith's role.

I probably could have pressed that harder earlier to be honest, but after D1 and D2 the idea of lynching based solely on content of reveals wasn't really hugely popular with anyone.

But it all worked out in the end.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #2922
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alan and I also had some lengthy PM's this game...but the one to NFG was just...massive
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #2923
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I really liked the touch of villager PM-abilities tied to Danny. Although he couldn't tell me or hint at it or anything, by the way he was able to describe it to me I was able to figure out most likely what it was.

Huge blow to lose him - if we hadn't lost him then NFG maybe lives till the end because he can just PM me that Pass is a wolf.

Although I intended to setup with NFG (and really with everyone) discrete code-words to use in thread (for nfg to indicate a wolf, for path to indicate who to duke to), real life actually intervened and i never got around to devising one.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #2924
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
NFG's great villager-scanning combined with Henry's using his power at the right moment were huge.

I think it makes sense that planted evidence wouldn't come up in my interrogation - it's not like it was an investigation...I was torturing the guy. Evidence doesn't really come into play.

NFG's decision to scan Pass right before king used his power was also a great one by him...and kudos to him for getting the info out there along with a decent fake-reveal of his powers so soon after being freed.

Funny thing was, when NFG came out with that info, that was actually a huge win for us. Despite my calling out EagleFan, Thomkal still had the vote lead, and since henry had cleared a ton of people (and actually had a scary post where he called out all four of us left). So my death saved Thomkal for a while to get some more conversions, which unfortunately never panned out, I guess.

I can see where on the face of it, henry's power doesn't seem that powerful, but it's probably the kind of thing the wolves should know about. But then again, if the wolves can set it up so that it always gives a response of 1 or 2 out of 7 or 8, it's almost worthless.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #2925
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan and I also had some lengthy PM's this game...but the one to NFG was just...massive

I made up for my short time in the game by just typing alot.

I had no idea if DT even believed any of what I said.. usually in almost every game DT doesn't really go with my side of things, so I didn't expect a ton back from him and decided my best approach would be to just lay out what I was doing and be straight with him without pushing any kind of agenda (otherwise he would likely find my vote hopping strange as I constantly was trying to vote for the same guy as him unless it was going to be a vote i just absolutely couldn't get behind).

My gut instincts in this game wern't really that bad, I think the three people I told DT I felt were playing oddly were Chief, nfg and Schmidty.. but I'm not sure that I pushed for him to lynch any of them. Just the three with the way they posted some stuff told me something more was up with them then meets the eyes. We now know Chief was a wolf, nfg was the seer and Schmidty.. well I don't know what I saw in Schmidty that was odd at the time, but perhaps he was just playing a little different then I am used to from him.. I don't know!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #2926
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ack! Should have listened to Thomkal and hit DT again. FWIW, my last conditional night kill (in case the votes went to EF instead) was DT .

Danny's list was the best part. We all wanted to jump on that. Bad luck was not getting a single wolf to vote for Telle when henry used his power. After that, it was downhill.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #2927
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I made up for my short time in the game by just typing alot.

I had no idea if DT even believed any of what I said.. usually in almost every game DT doesn't really go with my side of things, so I didn't expect a ton back from him and decided my best approach would be to just lay out what I was doing and be straight with him without pushing any kind of agenda (otherwise he would likely find my vote hopping strange as I constantly was trying to vote for the same guy as him unless it was going to be a vote i just absolutely couldn't get behind).

My gut instincts in this game wern't really that bad, I think the three people I told DT I felt were playing oddly were Chief, nfg and Schmidty.. but I'm not sure that I pushed for him to lynch any of them. Just the three with the way they posted some stuff told me something more was up with them then meets the eyes. We now know Chief was a wolf, nfg was the seer and Schmidty.. well I don't know what I saw in Schmidty that was odd at the time, but perhaps he was just playing a little different then I am used to from him.. I don't know!

I actually did believe you Alan...and I liked having the ability to bounce things off of you via PM while you were alive, without trying to reveal too much about what I knew.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #2928
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FWIW - I think you did a very good job. You were probably cut some slack due to it being your first game, but you also never really tripped yourself up at all or anything.

You're going to be good at this.

Thanks . I used the "slack" that was cut to me quite often as I knew I could feign lack of knowledge for a lot of things I was doing.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #2929
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, this was a really fun game, BK and Hoops, and I very much appreciate the vast amounts of work you guys had to put in. It's a bummer to see the mistake about Chief, we needed to catch a break somewhere, but I think you evened it out nicely. This was my first game as a wolf from the start (I was converted) once before, and though it burned me out it was fun.

To my mind the Conspiracy lost its footing even earlier than that problem with Chief. Our first huge obstacle was that EagleFan had submitted a list of possible wolves to DT that included Chief Rum as the most questionable, before we even started communicating with him. To my mind that put us behind the 8 ball. If we could have given him a list to submit we would have kept the game in our control, but from then on it was damage control.

PurdueBrad betraying us was the other huge problem, and slip-up. We played it wary with him from the start, but Chief signaled to him when he was under fire. That was just an issue of poor wolf communication. I wasn't around much then and at that point from what was said in thread I was 100% sure PB was playing us. I think Chief was trying to keep up with real time events despite his schedule and wasn't aware of that. That cost us a wolf right there, no matter what NTN or NFG did.

I wish now we had hit Jack twice, early-on. I suspected that it would take at least two kills to take him out, but I was afraid it might even be three or more times. By day three we were under the gun and couldn't really afford to lose any night kill attempts.

Part of that was because, as I don't think has been described, the wolf kills were based on how many villager actions had been taken. That meant they came fast and furious on days like the day Chief got shot. But it seemed that as the game went on and there were less villagers, and abilities had been used up, our night kills came slower and slower. I'm interested in how this mechanic worked, mods, as it seemed to be a disadvantage to us as the game crept on, but I'm not sure.

Things could really ahve gone differnetly here if we didn't get behind the 8 ball. I had the evidence to plant, and if we hadn't become the suspects that would have sown some real confusion. I hoped to plant it on someone, use EF or others to get them suspect and scanned. When they were lynched, the seer would have looked suspect and that would help us a lot. Unfortunately by the time I was able to use it we were under the gun.

I really liked Danny's role as well, that was a great idea. It really did help as it outed the seer to us. Did Schmidty ever use his power? We were going to try to convert him as I was really afraid of his (which we knew about), but it seemed like it never came up.

I would say the only flaw in the game was the conversion mechanic. That was a real disadvantage to us, I think. I would say if you combined Jackal's role with an unpublished conversion mechanic (we don't know about it but if we kill him we convert) that would have worked. But to tell us we can convert but give no clue how unlikely that is, that really threw us off. We would have made much different kill targets if we had known we were unlikely to get a conversion. For example I'm sure we would have offed Jack.

Fun game all.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #2930
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually did believe you Alan...and I liked having the ability to bounce things off of you via PM while you were alive, without trying to reveal too much about what I knew.

I really pushed to get rid of or convert Alan. It was clear to me he had your ear, DT, and I was deathly afraid of him 'cause I know how good his analysis and gut is.

Alan, you should know that my fellow wolves made me wait to off you since you had been killed early in your last game too, I think. And also, we really thought we had a good chance to convert you when we did end up killing you.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #2931
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh, and by the way PurdueBrad, I think you've earned my day 1 vote from now on
Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #2932
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I also want to issue an apology to Telle for getting her lynched. That was the day I was out most of the afternoon and was actually posting from my phone while at a seafood shack on Cape Cod. It seemed from my read of things that there was action towards NFG and I just knew that i absolutely HAD to cut that off...didn't have really the time to go in and check my PM's and everything about people's roles at that point, and I knew what Telle's was because she had been using it to boost my PM ability, so I sort of threw her out there as an alternative name that people could vote for - without really trying to dam her.

As it turned out at least, her death was incredibly beneficial due to Henry's use of his powers at the perfect time. But I'm not sure how much consolation it is to her that her death was a huge part of us being able to pull off the win.

I also want to apologize if I came off as heavy-handed or "pushy" as EF was saying (not sure how much of that was him being evil and how much was truth). I tried to remain really sensitive of it, but at the same time I knew that I had to absolutely bury the seer and conceal them, especially once Tyrith died (although I wasn't sure yet how I was going to clear Tyrith in order to reveal who NFG was to him, or trust him guarding nfg more than once). The times where I was pushy or cut things off or was like that, I did it because either i wanted to keep people away from talking to nfg too much or because i had info from him.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #2933
chesapeake
College Starter

Congratulations to the village. This was a fun one to follow. The Conspiracy looked very strong until Pass got caught and Henry struck gold with his list.

Hoops and BK put together a very fun game. I'm sorry I missed out.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #2934
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Thanks . I used the "slack" that was cut to me quite often as I knew I could feign lack of knowledge for a lot of things I was doing.

you realize you just let on that you knew more than you let on - you get no more slack mr!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #2935
Autumn
Head Coach

I think EF was just trying to save our hide, DT. He volunteered to get pressure off of us and it worked beautifully at times.

When Pass got outed, it's true, we were all virtually high-fiving, as we had been about to lose Thomkal or me. Once Thomkal had used up his kills I then pushed him for the lynch to try to hold out as long as we could. We knew wee were done though as soon as Henry's list was published. We wanted to save face.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #2936
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I really pushed to get rid of or convert Alan. It was clear to me he had your ear, DT, and I was deathly afraid of him 'cause I know how good his analysis and gut is.

Alan, you should know that my fellow wolves made me wait to off you since you had been killed early in your last game too, I think. And also, we really thought we had a good chance to convert you when we did end up killing you.

No hard feelings, long ago a day 1-3 death was the norm for me, so I got over early deaths way back when.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #2937
Barkeep49
Coordinator

One note that didn't get into the roles, but had Telle been alive when Danny died there would still have been limited villager PM'ing.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #2938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I wanted to find a way to use Schmidty's power (fwiw I still find it hard to believe that both schmidty and kwhit were good with similar powers) but by the time we got around to it (by scanning schmidty) I couldn't think of anything for him to do with it before we lost PM-powers. Not that my "approval" was needed - NTN and henry did their own thing quite effectively, as did king (although his gave me a heart attack and made the game last longer), as did some others.

I hope too many people weren't sitting around waiting for me to issue them orders, but I guess some of that was the nature of the game with people wanting to be sure their actions were not going to harm the village.

guess it was a good thing too, as it sounds like the more powers we used the more kills you guys got.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #2939
Autumn
Head Coach

I also pushed hard for JAG early, he seemed way too on top of things and I was sure he was going to sniff us out. Those early kills were when things went well for us. Other than Chief getting early pressure due to EF's list, we were able to steer the votes between villagers for the most part.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #2940
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think EF was just trying to save our hide, DT. He volunteered to get pressure off of us and it worked beautifully at times.

When Pass got outed, it's true, we were all virtually high-fiving, as we had been about to lose Thomkal or me. Once Thomkal had used up his kills I then pushed him for the lynch to try to hold out as long as we could. We knew wee were done though as soon as Henry's list was published. We wanted to save face.

I think given everything that went down you all did just about as well as could be expected honestly.

Kudos.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #2941
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I wanted to find a way to use Schmidty's power (fwiw I still find it hard to believe that both schmidty and kwhit were good with similar powers) but by the time we got around to it (by scanning schmidty)

Once the PMs went down I was afraid he would use his power and therefore exclusively pick up on wolf PMs. Would that not have worked? That could have been deadly.

And yes, it was like magic for us how those first days went, where your role suspcions got villagers in trouble. I think that was just bad luck, as indeed we did have to hide ourselves behind fake roles, and were very afraid of being found out. But since that didn't work for you early on we were able to cast doubt on that approach and go with voting records, which of course didn't mean anything since no wolves had been up.

The biggest reason I was afraid of Chief dying was that I was sure you'd be on to me then, DT, because I had just cribbed his power and passed the results along to you. I was sure you'd notice that they were the same and start pressing me (and at that point I had to either fake it or use our cover identities).

Quote:
guess it was a good thing too, as it sounds like the more powers we used the more kills you guys got.

Yeah, I tried to stretch out the lynches with the hopes of getting more than one night kill per day, or at least as quckly as possible. I think BK and Hoops had the formula more balanced than that though. But if you guys had gone all out the first couple of days it would have been a bloodbath I imagine.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #2942
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think The Clock played an exceptional game. It was hard for The Clock to follow along for most of the game, but The Clock certainly giggled at times here and there when The Clock saw certain things happen in the game.

The Clock particularly enjoyed Pass, Chief Rum, and Eaglefan.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #2943
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I also pushed hard for JAG early, he seemed way too on top of things and I was sure he was going to sniff us out. Those early kills were when things went well for us. Other than Chief getting early pressure due to EF's list, we were able to steer the votes between villagers for the most part.
I felt JAG played a very smart game. His initial PM to DT was really a thing of brilliance laying out why, despite being a terrorist on the show, he was good in the game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #2944
Autumn
Head Coach

I was proud of getting that vote off of me the other day. If my fake evidence had worked, or you had interrogated me, that would have bought us some time. Not as sweet as getting the seer lynched would have been though :-)
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #2945
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I was having fun trying to get DT lynched too.

Sorry DT, I just wanted to try to get a grass routes movement by anyone who may be feeling like you were calling the shots and they had no say (seeing a post by king somewhat along that line got me onto that a bit more).

Once the henry list came out it was pretty much game over unless one of Thom's conversions worked. I was going to do my best to keep him around for that reason.

I was not sure what side to take initially. I went dark on day one after getting the vote hoping it would keep me around another day (a little paranoid after the recent day one runs I have been getting).

I did not know what would be said to the other person who I chose to PM if I went with the government side and I didn;t want to be in the dark about who I was communicating with and end up being played. Because of that I chose conspiracy (didn't know at the time that I would count as village for the totals like a traitor would).

I regretted that move for a while as I was completely in the dark. I sent DT a PM about going dark and why. I kind of stretched the truth saying I would get a list (which was partly true if I chose government) and that it may reveal information.

The problem initally became timing. I was given my PM abouit being able to PM Thom and was online to be in the thread. I was afraid that DT would be suspicious if I didn't send him information after I supposedly would have received it. Because of that I made up a list with my best guesses at that time (figuring if I did get a wolf it may help my standing in the trusted list). I thoguht CR may be a wolf so I listed him as questionable and that Danny was a villager so I listed him as unknown. I actually thought Telle may be a wolf so I threw her in as unknown as well.

When Thom PM'd me he said very little to me but asked for a lot of information. I told him up front what I said in my list to DT. Unfortunately there was little else being sent my way at that time (can't blame them for being cautious).

I invented the seccond underground story because I had no idea yet if I was right about CR or who the others were and didn't want to accidentally pick the wrong person. I figured it would be best to just remove myself until I learned more.

Once henry's list came out I still didn't know who the other wolves were. Thom finally trusted me at that point, probably because they were pretty much screwed, and told me that henry's list was the remaining wolves.

At that point I tried to question his list as much as possible. Unfortunately that is when DT got a little defensive about it and that night erupted. I figured keeping DT on edge a bit may cloud his judgement a little.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #2946
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, hoops or BK. Who had to die for me to have a chance at the victory condition?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #2947
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Jackal, why haven't you voted?

Oh, I don't know, maybe it was because I couldn't post in the thread until this morning because of the interrogation.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #2948
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
4 - Yowsers, that's an even worse break. FWIW the reason I interrogated Jackal was because he had been quieter lately and if Autumn was good I didn't want to remove a more active poster from the game, whereas if Jackal was good I didn't feel we'd lose any many posts / as much analysis (no offense meant - it worked well to our advantage).

Quieter? Wasn't I second in posts in this thread behind you?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #2949
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, EF, you suffered from the fact that PB had a similar, but differnet role. He had contacted us anonymously and obviously in his case we were right to be much more suspicious. Some of that rubbed off when you contacted us and it took a while for us to be sure you really were a member of the conspiracy now and not playing us.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #2950
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Red face

Quote:
you realize you just let on that you knew more than you let on - you get no more slack mr!

I figure after the first game, the slack is gone anyways .