TazFTW
Pro Rookie

It was self defense!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #452
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I am sorry to see a Jedi die, even one I voted for. However, I actually think I have a Sith as opposed to just feeling uneasy about play.

Hoops has been doing what he does best as a wolf: making lists that cast suspicion all the while not acting on the suspicion. Makes him seem villagerish while not actually being a villager. Pending revelations that's where my vote is going.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #453
SackAttack
Head Coach

I find it interesting that the vital announcement said not to construe the battle as an indication of Tanglewood and Taz's roles, but made no mention of whether to do so for Lathum.

The quote about "destroying me now will cost us the benefit of my strength and wisdom for the remainder of the mission," as well as his ability to break the Force hold, makes me wonder if we just lost the bodyguard.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #454
hoopsguy
General Manager

I had a list of four names for today and voted for the name at the top of my list. I did this early and did not move from it, despite feeling some pressure to do so.

What I did not do today was vote for a known Jedi (that was Day 1 with Eagles).

It's easy to say in hindsight, but Lathum's play on Day 1 didn't make me think he was a Sith. It just made me think that he was reacting quickly/emotionally like he often does in werewolf. Some people put a lot of thought into every word they post; Lathum is not in that category.

With that in mind, a hurried Day 2 post didn't condemn his as a liar in my mind.

I'll come up with the voting records for today in the next couple of minutes. Then I'll make a list of people who have voted for two known Jedi in the morning. Because that is what I do .... make lists and not act on them.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #455
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Remember our years at the Jedi Academy, was I not always the strongest of us in the Force, always seemingly ahead of all of you in progress through on out Path. I was always the paragon of the Jedi Code

That definitely sounds like a special role to me. Bodyguard seems like a good guess if we are playing a conventional roles game. Given the three schools mentioned on Wikipedia, there could be a strongest in each of the three areas:

Guardians: Bodyguard
Consulars: Seer
Sentinels: Duke

Pure conjecture here, but the lightsaber colors with these groups are blue (guardians), green (consulars), and yellow (sentinels). No pink blades to be found among Jedi, although Windu's purple one comes close if I want to reach a little here.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #456
saldana
Pro Starter

just an aside in anyone is keeping score, but with Lathum dying today, there have been 24 consecutive "villagers" killed in my werewolf games. :

Last edited by saldana : 03-03-2006 at 10:39 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #457
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am on the list of voting for two jedi. Should be interesting to see who else is on the list cause well known jedi are in large supply at the moment. Look forward to your continued in action on your analysis hoop and appreciate the nondenial. Make me vote with an easier conscience.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #458
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Look forward to your continued in action on your analysis hoop and appreciate the nondenial.
I believe its INACTION...not two works buddy

Back to WW
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #459
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119

Back to WW
Great the new mod cares about spelling. I'm sckroughed.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #460
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really don't know how to win an argument like this, Barkeep. If you are going to vote for me then I guess that I hope that you don't get enough support to carry it off and run the string to 26 villagers tomorrow (assuming that the wolves get only one tonight).

"well known jedi are in large supply at the moment" - huh? There will be 18 unknowns tomorrow and 5 known jedi. I'll be pretty surprised if there are more than a handful of people who have voted for two dead Jedi.

I'm willing to entertain any ideas that you may have for our course tomorrow that don't involve lynching me.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #461
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Back to WW
In a post about spelling mistakes, i can't spell words*....wow
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #462
KWhit
Coordinator

You also forgot the apostrophe in "it's."
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #463
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
You also forgot the apostrophe in "it's."
That grammar, not spelling...TOTALLY UNRELATED!

Wait, do you see that...its some weird shape kwhit...looks kinda like a box

JOKING FOR ANYONE SERIOUS OUT THERE
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #464
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Spelling is a subset of grammar so if you're going to complain about one get the other one right biotch
Old 03-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #465
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Spelling is a subset of grammar so if you're going to complain about one get the other one right biotch
Alright, i shall do as requested. By the way, add a period at the end of your sentence.
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #466
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I assume he will when you capitalize your sentence properly.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #467
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #468
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
That definitely sounds like a special role to me. Bodyguard seems like a good guess if we are playing a conventional roles game. Given the three schools mentioned on Wikipedia, there could be a strongest in each of the three areas:

Guardians: Bodyguard
Consulars: Seer
Sentinels: Duke

Pure conjecture here, but the lightsaber colors with these groups are blue (guardians), green (consulars), and yellow (sentinels). No pink blades to be found among Jedi, although Windu's purple one comes close if I want to reach a little here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
dola

Yes, I realised that now my sbre will 'mysteriously' turn out to be luminescent pink.

If I had to guess, saldana just got tanglewood mixed up with Lathum, and was jibing at him.

Since Lathum didn't duke anybody, and there was the reference to strength, I have to think that if he had any of those roles, it has to have been the bodyguard.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #469
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have it on good authority that Jeebs is going to win the game. Congrats!

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 03-03-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #470
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have it on good authority that Jeebs is going to win the game. Congrats!
Just because every WW player but him is getting boxed doesnt mean hes going to win...more like a forfeit
Demotivation
Old 03-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #471
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Just because every WW player but him is getting boxed doesnt mean hes going to win...more like a forfeit
Been thinking about this and it only works if he's a wolf. If he's a villager he's got to vote people off one at a time and yawl can't suspend people that long. No if he can kill TWO people a day... well that's a whole different ball game.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #472
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Been thinking about this and it only works if he's a wolf. If he's a villager he's got to vote people off one at a time and yawl can't suspend people that long. No if he can kill TWO people a day... well that's a whole different ball game.

Do you mean two per night action, or two as in night action plus daytime vote?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #473
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Box=dead to me...im sure saldana can add a missed vote rule...that should fix things
Demotivation
Old 03-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #474
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Do you mean two per night action, or two as in night action plus daytime vote?
DO NOT READ INTO MY COMMENTS!! ITS A JOKE!!! I DONT NOT KNOW HIS OR ANYONES ROLE!!...i really shouldnt have made the joke, sorry
Demotivation
Old 03-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #475
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good work guys. This is the first time I have been actually annoyed about being lynched ( I'm over it now ). I would hope most of you know I play a more solid game and not have condemmed me because of saying one stupid thing without giving me a chance to defend myself. oh well, see you next time, unless barkeep is running the game in which case I'm just not that smart...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:19 AM   #476
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Good work guys. This is the first time I have been actually annoyed about being lynched ( I'm over it now ). I would hope most of you know I play a more solid game and not have condemmed me because of saying one stupid thing without giving me a chance to defend myself. oh well, see you next time, unless barkeep is running the game in which case I'm just not that smart...

Sorry Lathum . I guess early in a game where no one has come forth with outside information those little slip ups can almost be a death sentence. Obviously it was the wrong choice this time.

As for the list Hoops is going to post tomorrow I'm going to be one of the guys that shows up voting for 2 known villagers, but I stuck to my guns and provided evidence for my voting, so I hope it isn't held against me too much. With that said I already have a guy in mind that hasn't been playing his "normal" game that will be my vote for tomorrow. And no, it isn't you Hoops, I still believe you are on the side of the jedi at this point.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #477
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm also sorry Lathum. I pretty much led the charge against you because of your slip-up and I really thought I had you pegged. I'm sorry to have voted you off but day two votes usually aren't much better than Day 1 votes so little mistakes here and there could be enough to get you lynched.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #478
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

This whole barkeep v. hoops could be interesting...
Old 03-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #479
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've been wanting to hold off on analysis until the results are posted this morning from the night action, but here is one thing that I found interesting yesterday:

All three of the swing votes on Qwik from Day 1 (Gram, Sack, and Ardent) had their votes on Lathum yesterday.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #480
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I was am bored at work so I did some research. In the HP game, 6 people voted for villagers on the first 2 days. 3 were wolves, 3 were not. Now this was a game where we found wolves on the first two days. I expect when I go back in time to find a game where there were 2 villagers killed on the first two days that results will be different, but I don't know. Maybe looking at who has voted for villagers in the first two days is a better technique then I suspected.

Going to look at hoops and ardents games next to see if this ratio looks different in those games.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #481
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I would hope most of you know I play a more solid game and not have condemmed me because of saying one stupid thing without giving me a chance to defend myself.

Well maybe if you had actually come back in time to defend yourself you wouldn't have gotten lynched...

Son of a bitch, I'm not looking very good right now with my votes for Eaglesfan27 and Lathum. All I can say is that I'm merely confused, not evil.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #482
hoopsguy
General Manager

Which means that all three of those guys have voted for two unique (unlike Dubb, who voted for Lathum both days) Jedi on Day 1 and Day 2.

I don't think all three of these guys are Sith. The Sith will not vote in a block like this, even if it is to save another Sith on Day 1. But with Qwik still around I don't have any idea what to make of the Day 1 movement. This is not intended as an "I told you so" at all, just being frustrated by the lack of good information.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #483
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Well maybe if you had actually come back in time to defend yourself you wouldn't have gotten lynched...

Son of a bitch, I'm not looking very good right now with my votes for Eaglesfan27 and Lathum. All I can say is that I'm merely confused, not evil.
i was working, my restaurant is actually busy
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #484
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops what's the complete list then of those who have voted for 2 known villagers at this point?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was planning to do this after getting the Night kill, but here is what I have right now:

Superman/Lathum - KWhit, Grammaticus, SackAttack, Ardent Enthusiast
Eagles/Lathum - JeeberD
Lathum/Lathum - Dubb

Conversely, here is a list of people who have voted unknown/unknown so far (no confirmed Jedi votes)

Qwikshot - D1: Qwikshot, D2: no vote
Cartman - D1: Qwikshot, D2: Qwikshot
King - D1: Stkelly, D2: Qwikshot
Mckerney - D1: Dubb, D2: Qwikshot
Old 03-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #486
hoopsguy
General Manager

In case anyone else wants to slice and dice the final votes, here is the data I'm working with.

Day 1
Alan T - Lathum (142)
Qwik - Qwik (231), Barkeep (159), Eagles (170), Penny (172), Cartman (179)
Super - SnDvls (167), Kwhit (206), Taz (222), Gram (244), Sack (248), Ardent (250)
Eagles - Hoops (174), Jeeber (208)
Schmidty - Desnudo (180), Ardent (209)
Lathum - Dubb (195), Alan T (225)
StKelly - King (223)
Dubb - Mckerney (229)
Barkeep - Stkelly (240)

Day 2
Qwik - Hoops (318), Cartman (327), mckerney (358), SnDvls (366), Schmidty (367), kingfc (391)
Lathum - Barkeep (326), Penny (342), Desnudo (359), Sack (361), Dubb (368), Jeeber (370), Grammaticus (375), KWhit (397), Tanglewood (401), Taz (424), Stkelly (429), Ardent (430)
Tanglewood - Lathum (334)
Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #487
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sweet; I forgot that we don't know that Qwik is innocent for sure so here I was feeling that I voted against two known innocnets when I've only voted against one
Old 03-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #488
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry im late guys results upcoming
Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #489
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
sorry im late guys results upcoming

That was sure a tease. I saw you had posted and assumed the results would be up
Old 03-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #490
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #457 by Barkeep
Quote:
I am on the list of voting for two jedi. Should be interesting to see who else is on the list cause well known jedi are in large supply at the moment.

{pst #487 by Barkeep
Quote:
Sweet; I forgot that we don't know that Qwik is innocent for sure so here I was feeling that I voted against two known innocnets when I've only voted against one

Barkeep, I was really wondering where you were coming from with that last night. Makes sense now.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #491
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow. In ardents game of the 6 people who voted for villagers on the first two days 4 were baddies. Blade was not considered a villager for that game.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #492
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm going to skip hoops game and got to whoever was before saldana assuming I live through. This is turning out to be quiet interesting, I think.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #493
saldana
Pro Starter

Apprehension begins to cloud your thoughts. Apprehension about what Lathum said. Apprehension about your collective course of actions has been. Apprehension about what the coming night has in store for you.

Again you sense a massive disturbance in the force, but once again, it is different that it has been in past nights. The anger from the night before is followed by a feeling of triumph, followed by fear, and another wave of triumph.

You empty out into the galley once again to see 2 figures engaged in a furious battle. One figure appears to be the same assailant that slew EaglesFan last night, except this time, both scarlet bladed lightsabers are already out, spinning furiously.....and defensively. His opponent is wielding a shimmering blade of the brightest azure any of you have ever seen, which is appropriate, because his swordsmanship is greater than that of any Jedi you have ever seen. Each thrust and swing of his blade forces the Sith back, the scarlet blades just barely countering each deadly azure blow.

Victory seems inevitable for this incredible swordsman, when a sudden movement from his periphery distracts his attention. One of the long galley tables is soaring through the air, obviously the tool of a powerful Force Push. The table slams into the unknown Jedi, sending him flying across the room to crash into the rest of you who were in the midst of coming to his aid against the Sith. You all fall to the ground, and in the confusion and disarry, the Sith disappears down a corridor.

By the time you all reach your feet, he is gone, and as you look around at one another, there is no evidence visible as to which of you was the phenomenon with the azure lightsaber. What is evident however is that no one is missing. The Sith have failed in their murderous attempts....at least for tonight.

it is now day 3 until 9:30pm on Sunday
Old 03-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so my idea of there being a blessed seems to have proven true.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #495
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Nice, so do we think this was a blessed role, or possibly the bodyguard using his ablity?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #496
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

dola, barkeep beat me to it...

We needed this, maybe out luck is changing...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #497
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It could be a bodyguard, but it seems to me that perhaps the description would be written differently. Rereading it though there's nothing to say it couldn't be the bg.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #498
saldana
Pro Starter

1. Lathum, Jedi, lynched day 2
2. Kwhit
3. Hoopsguy
4. Grammaticus
5. TazFTW
6. EaglesFan27, jedi, slain night 1
7. Tanglewood
8. Cartman
9. Kingfc22
10. Desnudo
11. Pennywisesb
12. StKelly52
13. Qwikshot
14. Barkeep49
15. Alan T, jedi, died night 1 with EF27
16. SnDvls
17. Ardent Enthusiast
18. Superman=#54, jedi, lynched day 1
19. Dubb93
20. JeeberD
21. SackAttack
22. McKerney
23. Schmidty

and Lathum was destined for the bright pink lightsaber as soon as he signed up

Last edited by saldana : 03-04-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #499
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well for Coffee's game I considered the villagers good guys, the demons bad guys, and the elemntals nothing.

So in the first two days only 2 people voted for villagers each time and 1 of them was a demon. So for the 3 games I've looked at 8 of 14 players who voted for villagers on each of the first two days turn out to be wolves. I'm going to keep going as I am finding this QUITE interesting.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #500
SackAttack
Head Coach

Interesting result. My first thought is that the Sith attacked the blessed last night, but then, we don't know *who* it was they attacked.

Given that, I think that almost has to be the bodyguard. Keeping his identity a mystery, as well as his role, might make the Sith think twice about going after him, since they don't know what his role actually is.

Definitely a big momentum swing for us, whichever the case.